---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---
    summs up a lot of my ironic weeaboo circles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    people who have waifus are necessarily mentally ill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    And if nothing comes out of it Sunny can settle it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MehKitteh View Post
    Sunny's word is God's word.

Um? That's, um. ... ?

A-Asterism is more authoritative, really! I gave my modest thoughts earlier, but to repeat:

However, please don't consider me authoritative. All I did was come up with a theme and my rule of thumb tends to be: if you feel it fits, make a case for it in your sheet, and voters will judge how well you convinced them. ^^; But defer to your judgment and asterism, I would say...?

Signature by fumato

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just post it, and if it doesn't really fit, I, as your benevolent dictator, will kindly suggest you banish it to the cruel wilds of the normal CAS thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Just post it, and if it doesn't really fit, I, as your benevolent dictator, will kindly suggest you banish it to the cruel wilds of the normal CAS thread.
    Our leader compels you to post, CritHit.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Caster Of Vaudeville:

Appearance:

Source is here

True Name: Harriet Houdini "King of Entertainers"

Alignment: True Neutral

Strength- E
    Agility- B
    Endurance- C
    Mana- B
    Luck- A+
    NP- EX

Personality
    Cheerful and flamboyant. Caster has a natural flare for showmanship, peppering her dialogue with dramatic gestures and exclamations as if she were speaking before a live audience. She also has a somewhat playful personality, enjoying to tease others and see their flustered reactions.

Despite proudly calling herself a magician, Caster disdains Magecraft and those who practice it, believing that humans should strive to make their wishes come true with their own will and effort rather than putting their faith in deceitful miracles. Her wish on the Holy Grail is to eradicate all traces of Magecraft and mystery from the world, so that humanity will finally be able to step forward into the future without being shackled to fantasies of the past. Despite her cheerful exterior, Caster is surprisingly ruthless when it comes to her wish, willing to lie, cheat and even betray her own Master to bring it to fruition.

Incidentally, unlike other heroes summoned as females despite being recorded as men in history, Caster was never a woman in proper history. She chose a female form upon manifesting as a Servant just because it suits her sense of showmanship. "After all, isn't it way more exciting to watch a beautiful girl escape peril than a man?" Truly, an individual with public relations and showmanship engrained into her bones...

Likes: dramatic escapes, the potential of mankind, airplanes
    Dislikes: superstition, Magecraft
    Talents: showmanship, debunking frauds
    Natural Enemy: Arthur Conan Doyle, Britomartis, Don Quixote

Class Skills:

Territory Creation- B
    Ability to formulate a territory advantageous to oneself. At this rank, creation of a "Magician's Stage" equivalent to a Workshop becomes possible. Within this "Stage" Caster gains bonuses to all her parameters and Personal Skills, as well as a charm effect equal to D-ranked Charisma allowing her to command an audience's attention.

Item Construction- D

The talent to craft magical items. At this rank, Caster can merely manufacture a variety of magician's props used in her performances.

Magic Resistance- A

Confers protection against magical effects. Spells below A-rank are nullified, rendering the Servant virtually untouchable to modern Magi. Normally a Heroic Spirit from the modern age like Houdini wouldn't possess this Skill, but it has been granted by one of her Noble Phantasms.

Personal Skills:

Eye Of The Mind (True)- B
    A heightened capacity for observation, refined through training, discipline and experience. An ability possessed mainly by mortals rather than the gods, honed through tenacious training. So long as there is even a 1% chance of comeback, this Skill greatly improves the chances of victory.

At this rank, Caster can retain her wits even in the midst of a heated battle, calmly analyzing the best course of action to ensure her survival. The ability to remain calm under pressure is a must-have for any escape artist worth their salt, and as the (self-proclaimed) greatest of them all Caster naturally boasts a high rank in this Skill.

Magecraft (False)- A+
    The ability to imitate the effects of thaumaturgy through wholly mundane means, such as sleight of hand and illusion. Caster can perform all kinds of "spells"; summoning and banishing objects from thin air, levitating, restoring objects or people that were cut in half and other such feats. As long as those around Caster believe in her spells, they will be indistinguishable from true Magecraft. However, if the opponent or any other observer manages to reveal how a given spell was actually accomplished through mundane means, then all effects of that spell will be instantly negated ("debunked") and Caster will be unable to cast it again against them.

Discernment Of The Showman- A

As someone who both practiced fake magic herself and dedicated her life towards refuting it, Caster is greatly familiar with the ways of trickery and illusion. Grants a high chance of seeing through any form of deception or illusion directed against her at equal rank or lower.

Noble Phantasms
    Bondage Breaker
    The Magician's Dazzling Escape

Type: Anti-Imprisonment

The ultimate escape artist's secret technique. A culmination of Harriet Houdini's mentality・way of life as a Heroic Spirit who slipped every shackle, loosed every bind and shattered every fetter placed upon her. This is a conceptual Noble Phantasm which, once invoked, has the sole effect of transforming an "inescapable situation" into an "escapable situation". Similar to the Pioneer Of The Stars Personal Skill, a chance of escaping which was previously zero can be made into an 100% certainty.

Even if she were bound so tightly to make a shibari artist blush, shackled with iron weights, trapped in a sealed coffin and dropped into the depths of the Atlantic Ocean, Caster would still be able to deduce the infinitesimal chance of escape and enact it with unfailing certainty. This Noble Phantasm does not have a physical form, but is embodied in Caster's mind itself, representing her belief in the limitless potential of human ingenuity to overcome any predicament. This Noble Phantasm can also be applied to escape more abstract predicaments, such as encounters with enemy Servants, emulating a high rank in the Disengage Skill.

Fantasy Breaker
    Nothing But Smoke And Mirrors

Type: Anti-Mystery

A Noble Phantasm which sublimates Houdini's rejection of the supernatural and lifelong campaign to debunk false spiritualists. As a passive effect, it grants her A-ranked Magic Resistance. Once invoked, it has the power to seal any Magecraft or Noble Phantasm by imposing mankind's common sense・rationality upon it. To do so, Caster must construct an argument for how the opponent's seemingly magical power was actually a result of trickery and sleight of hand. If all observers are persuaded by her argument, then the World will alter itself so that explanation becomes truth, retroactively rendering the enemy's ability nothing but smoke and mirrors.

For instance, a holy sword that shines with divine light would become merely a sword with a glowing battery inside it, and a Phantasmal Beast hound would become an exceptionally large but mundane dog. It is even possible for a Heroic Spirit to be reduced to the level of a normal human, if Caster can somehow convince the "audience" that all their superhuman feats were sleight of hand.

While potentially incredibly powerful, the weakness of needing observers to invoke it makes this Noble Phantasm of dubious use in most battles. As all participants in the Grail War would reject Caster's arguments instantly, the presence of at least one mundane bystander would be necessary for Caster to invoke it.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; April 23rd, 2020 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Added to personality

Blog Entries
    You know how I feel, why would you do this to me
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Blog Entries
    ...About genderbends or Houdini in particular? Sorry if I offended you in some way, but this isn't exactly the first historical figure I've genderbent... (And I did even offer a justification in the sheet)

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is Royd, King of Genderbends you're talking about, it is to be expected sometimes
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    asterism immediately regrets taking over the contest.

Blog Entries
    Don't worry, my 2nd entry (if I have the inspiration to write it up) will be a non-genderbent female hero. And one that fits the 19th century theme better than Houdini too...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This is the same guy who genderbent Neil Armstrong and Jesus.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    This is the same guy who genderbent Neil Armstrong and Jesus.
    I still feel offended and violated.

---

its a joke, kinda
    Last edited by Spartacus; June 3rd, 2018 at 04:27 PM. Reason: people can't read my mind

Blog Entries
    It's a contest so it's easy enough to make those feelings known, I suppose.

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Dear Lord, Royd's at it again.

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's a well made sheet though, so I'll forgive it.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    It's a well made sheet though, so I'll forgive it.
    Thanks.

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    I just realized that Houdini is just Royd unleashing his bondage fetish.

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MehKitteh View Post
    I just realized that Houdini is just Royd unleashing his bondage fetish.
    ...Not gonna lie, that was a big part of the reason I decided to genderbend.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Crystal Palace Berserker
    The Father of Dinosauria

source

Height: 170cm
    Weight: 63kg
    Dislikes: Darwin, Huxley, Gideon Mantell, criticism.
    Attribute: Man.
    Alignment: True Neutral.
    Region: United Kingdom.
    Catalyst: One of his many anatomical drawings.

Parameters:
    STR
    ◙◙◙○○ C
    END D
    AGI ◙◙◙○○ C
    MGI ◙◙◙ A
    LUC ◙◙◙◙ B
    NP ◙◙◙◙◙ ?

Berserker's true name is Sir Richard Owen, an English biologist and paleontologist. World famous for discovering the Iguanodon and coining the name Dinosaur, being the creator of the Dinosauria clade. Owen was an outstanding scientist second only to Darwin. A controversial figure that toes the line between fame and infame. Both an outstanding scientist dedicated to paleontology and a corrupt person who often tried to take other's achievements for himself.
    As a Berserker he is summoned as his younger self, before intrigue and rivalry worn him out, sadly, the Mad Enhancement brings his mentality back to that of his older years. He carries no weapons, but if his rage is triggered one might see him taking a fossil to the fight, screaming like a mad caveman.

Personality, Lore and Wish

Owen started out as a surgeon, but after working as conservator of the museum of the Royal College of Surgeons he found himself engrossed by Biology, especially comparative anatomy. He worked on the establishment of London's Natural History Museum, described and studied many specimens both living and extinct, and even had his own evolution theories.
    During his early years as a scientist he was a man dedicated only to his work, but as his career progressed the accusations of failing to credit work of others and even appropriating their discoveries to himself became more and more frequent. Owen was never a very nice person, and whether or not those early accusations were true, they definitely changed and worsened his already rough personality, even Darwin, who worked with him for many years, came to be hated by Berserker after publishing his On The Origin of Species. Owen had his own evolutionary theory and was deeply distressed by how Darwin never mentioned his own works, even worse, Darwin's theory was almost completely opposite to his own.
    At first, despite his distaste for the work, Owen still had respect for it and even incorporated some of it to his own ideas, but Thomas Huxley—a very combative advocate of the Darwinian ideas—never accepted his different stance. Huxley and other Darwinians often argued against Owen's ideas, and this constant arguments and harassment only aggravated Owen's worst tendencies. He had never been open to criticism, but now he resorted to publishing harsh and offensive criticism anonymously to try and end Darwin's growing acceptance.
    Even his most famous accomplishment is tainted by these intrigues. Despite claiming to be the discoverer of Iguanodon when coining Dinosauria, the actual discoverer was Gideon Mantell. Owen never accepted that fact, he badmouthed and ignored Gideon even after the man's death. The most obvious result of his spite are the dinosaur statues of the Crystal Palace Park. Owen was the one they sought to help with the anatomy of the dinosaur statues there, and the result are grossly incorrect depictions of the animal, utilizing ideas that Gideon had abandoned and changed long ago.

Darwin, who initially maintained contact with Owen, eventually also changed his mind about the man: "The Londoners say he is mad with envy because my book is so talked about. It is painful to be hated in the intense degree with which Owen hates me."

Ultimately, Owen was a man with great passion for his work and tendencies for pettiness and hatred. Tendencies that were explored and intensified by those who were against him. A brilliant scientist whose legacy was forever tainted by his actions as a person.

As a Servant, Berserker exhibits those same characteristics, but even more intensified by his Mad Enhancement, he's petty, full of himself and malicious to anyone he doesn't get along with. Nonetheless, his Master will rarely have to deal with his personality anyway, his insanity will lead him to spend each waking hour focused on study or on the war, leaving little to no room for casual interaction.

His wish is simply to makes his name more known positively, to take back the spot that, in his eyes, Darwin took from him.

Class Skills

Mad Enhancement EX.
    This is the Class Skill that characterizes a Berserker, all his parameters are raised but his mentality is fundamentally different from that of a regular human.

Trying to reason with Owen is meaningless, even if he appears to be talking to someone normally, he cannot comprehend their answers the same way a regular human can. Most of everything he hears is considered either praise or criticism, and he often will twist someone's words in his mind to fit one of those. Those interacting with him must be very careful with what they say, as having a statement classified as criticism can be fatal. On the upside, it's very rare for Berserker to care about anyone enough to actually say something to them, unless they're an outstanding science figure. He might talk with his Master, but only when absolutely necessary.
    However, any semblance of Darwinism is enough to send him into an uncontrollable rage. When faced with someone or something connected to Darwin, his colleagues or his theory, Owen will fly into an almost ape-like fit of hate and anger. It is a mystery why such an intelligent man has been placed into the Berserker class, even if he was a bitter and spiteful man, these fits of monkey-like violence are a bit much. Perhaps the public opinion around the Great Hippocampus Question has affected his Saint Graph to some extent.

Personal Skills

Knowledge of Anatomy A.
    This is a skill that allows one to have a grasp of the inner workings of many living beings. At this rank, by looking at people, animals, or even fantastical creatures such as Phantasmal Beasts, the user can deduce their physical characteristics, species, ethnicity and physical weaknesses in an instant.

Owen's first love and the reason he entered the biologic field was the comparative anatomy. He did great work on the Hunterian Collection during his time in the Royal College of Surgeons and published many acknowledged works about the differences and similarities in the anatomy of animals. This was also the foundation for his evolutionary beliefs: he believed there was initially an archetype for each group of animals, and that variations were born out of those following a defined design of nature.

Single-Mindedness B.
    This is the ability to immerse oneself in something, exhibiting a superhuman degree of focus.

In Owen's case, it's less of a capacity to immerse himself during a period of time, and more of a constant obsession. Everything he does, regardless of how it might appear, is a step in furthering his research. His concentration is such that in moments where he can fully dedicate himself with no outside disturbances, his rank in Mad Enhancement drops greatly.

Scientific Right C-.
    A skill exclusive to scientists whose discoveries or studies changed their own field greatly, the heroes who shed light unto the unknown to expose the secrets of the world. It grants a degree of minor authority over those discoveries or studies, marginally similar to Divine Authorities but in much lesser scale, power and concept.

In Owen's case those are the naming of Dinosauria and the discovery of the Iguanodon. The first allows him to command any dinosaur at will. However despite being known for the second and claiming the discovery of the Iguanodon for himself, he wasn't actually the one to discover it; therefore he is not able to summon the animal, but he can grant himself the animal's Monstrous Strength at rank C for a short amount of time.

Noble Phantasm(s)

Lapis Dinosauria Vivetem
    The Dinosaur Court
    Type: Anti-Army

"The realization of my wish is near. Lapis Dinosauria Vivetem. My studies bring them back to this Earth."

Dinosauria of Living Stone. This Noble Phantasm is the materialization of Owen's most known achievement—the Dinosauria clade—through the form of the Crystal Palace statues he helped in the making of. By calling its true name Berseker can summon forth the 33 prehistoric creatures he was consulted for, including Iguanodon, Hylaeosaurus and Megalosaurus, who were first animals to be classified as dinosaurs by Owen; and many others famous animals.
    These creatures however are very weak, as their form is so different from the real dinosaurs of old, they are more statue than animal. They can be strengthened however: as Owen studies these creatures will gradually change to fit his perceived view of them, and the more they approach their true forms, the more powerful they become, finally turning into fully fledged A Rank Monstrous Beasts when he reaches the current notions of dinosaur anatomy.
    Though it might be simple to show Owen all of the current knowledge about these creatures, convincing him is a whole other matter. It can take days or even weeks of constant study for him to admit the modern depictions of dinosaurs as closer to the truth. In a regular Grail War Owen would be very lucky to achieve the A Rank of every single one of the beasts.
    Additionally, as Owen believes that every creature has a set natural design through which they can evolve, it's also possible for him to suppose how dinosaurs would've turned out if they didn't go extinct by means of comparative anatomy, but that'll require a much, much longer time and specimens of many living animals for him to study. If the Grail War somehow drags through weeks though, then Owen might be able to evolve his dinosaur beyond their original selves, the limit to this speculative evolution is unknown, but with every change it takes longer and longer to research each individual animal.

Bond Craft Essence

(a brain in a jar)

The Great Hippocampus Question

"Humans have no relation with monkeys."
    Once again, I'm proven ■■■■■.
    Don't let go
    This cannot be.

They mock and laugh at my work… I'm going to be left behind.
    They nod and agree with Darwin… I'm already behind.
    No.
    Don't let go
    Insist, lie, take, offend.

I'm never letting go.
    Last edited by pinetree; January 8th, 2020 at 12:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    Good sheet for someone who was, by all accounts, an awful human being