Page 159 of 369 FirstFirst ... 59109149154157158159160161164169209259 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,180 of 7364

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I believe culture heroes could veeery loosely qualify, though it'd be better if they have one or a group of students closely associated with them.

For the second question, "teaching" takes many forms, so who knows?
    Seriously though, I gave Merlin as an example since he taught swordsmanship to Artoria in some versions of the legend, but he also fits both the "advisor" and "wise and cryptic old men" categories as well.

All in all, I don't want to limit anyone's creativity, so anyone whose legends contain a large amount of "teaching", whatever the word means to you, would qualify. It's about how you write them and highlight their accomplishments.

Blog Entries
    I'm really interested in participating, but I'd like to make sure I know what I'm doing before I start anything. I've read through all the info I can find, and as far as I can tell the only step to submit an entry is posting it here. Is that right?
    I LIKE GIRLS

Blog Entries
    Yes. All you need to do is post youe entries here. Everyone is limited to two entries per prompt.

Blog Entries
    Alright, thank you!
    I LIKE GIRLS

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    I already have someone in mind to use for this prompt. Hopefully I don't end up procrastinating like I usually do though...

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Everyone is free to enter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    Just to double-check, can we make alternate versions of already existing Servants? Like a different version of Richard the Lionheart, or Heracles, or the like?

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
    Just to double-check, can we make alternate versions of already existing Servants? Like a different version of Richard the Lionheart, or Heracles, or the like?
    Sure, I don't see why not if they highlight a different aspect and aren't just very close copies of the original.

Blog Entries
    Just figured I'd throw it out there that if anyone wants someone to discuss their ideas with as they work, or is stuck trying to come up with a concept to go with, I'd be more than happy to help out.
    I LIKE GIRLS

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    --AH SHIT WE STARTED FUCK--

Good thing I didn't miss anything happening this time. Very clever prompt, BnEl! Considering our history, I'd better pull out the stops for this one. Alright, time to see what I can shovel out of the idea mine (and work on that and Summer Kay simultaneously, apparently. Well, nobody said hyperfixation was easy...)

Blog Entries
    RIP me, i wont have access to a computer for 2 weeks. To add salt to the injury, the mentor im gonna make is rather limited in lore.
    Scratch that, one month. Guess im spending this month on a tablet
    Last edited by Master_Therion; August 3rd, 2021 at 03:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    The easy attainment of love makes it of little value: difficulty of attainment makes it prized.
    The Art of Courtly Love, Andreas Cappelanus, 12th century

Fairy Dame Guinevere
    The Queen of Fae Knights

Class: Caster
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Place of Origin: Europe

Natural Enemy: Wastes of potential
    Attribute: Sky
    Traits: Servant, Female, Humanoid, Divine, Earth or Sky

STRENGTH: D
    ENDURANCE: C
    AGILITY: C
    MANA: A+
    LUCK: B
    NOBLE PHANTASM: A+

Class Skills

Territory Creation B~A++
    A Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana. At the basic rank of C, a "court hall" can be built which enhances Fairy Dame Guinevere's mana collection ability, as well as offering other benefits.

As this Skill increases in rank due to Contractual Binding, her territory gains in size and utility until, finally, she can build an entire Castle.

Item Construction B~A++
    A Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to manufacture magical items, from implements of war to items for daily use. Also, this Skill requires time to gather components and manufacture items. Items suitable to knights such as swords, armour, or even stirrups can be created according to a fairy's exacting standards.

As the rank increases, Fairy Dame Guinevere's speed and competence in building these trinkets increases also. At the height of her powers and given the right materials, she is even capable of building a "named sword" worthy of any legendary knight.

Bond 1

A member of Fae Britain's Knights of the Round Table...'s supporting staff. Whereas the Fairy Knights are Fae who have assumed the Saint Graphs of their Pan-Human Counterparts, she is the Fae who adjusts those Saint Graphs until they "fit". As her competence at this subtlest of arts was recognized by Morgan herself, she was eventually granted a Saint Graph of her own: Pan-Human Guinevere, the Queen of Knights.

Among the Knights, she is known as "Guinevere the Seamstress" - but, also, as the "Belle Dame Sans Merci".

"My student - my lover - my Master."

Bond 2

Height/Weight: 165 cm - 56 kg
    Source: Lostbelt Britain / Great British folklore
    Region: Fae Country - Cornwall
    Alignment: Lawful Good

"Behind every great man is a great woman. I ask you, then: what great woman will stand for a mediocre man?"

Bond 3

Her name as a Fae is Leannán Sídhe, one of the Aos Sí, fairies from Irish folklore. Rather than a proper name, however, Leannán Sídhe is simply Gaelic for "fairy lover". It is unclear if there are multiple such creatures or if there is only a single one.

It is said that Leannán Sídhe appears to young poets as a beautiful woman. The offer she makes is simple: offer her your love and you shall lead an immensely creative, though brief, life.

From one point of view, she may be the Gaelic version of a muse, who offers creativity to artists who desire to create beautiful works of art above all else; from another point of view, she is nothing a vampire, who deludes artists with promises of greatness while she eats away at their life. Perhaps she is a story meant to explain the often dramatic life of artists...

Whatever the case may be, she does not create contracts without the full and knowing consent of the other party, and she only takes one lover at a time. One way to slip out of her contract is therefore to pass it onto another artist, who then becomes her new subject. Attempts to defy her in other ways tend to seem like her as not "living up to your potential", a trait that needs to be curbed at any cost.

In addition, it seems she has incorporated other tales of fairy lovers into herself to become what she is today. These tales tell of fairies who take mortal knights as lovers, though always with some condition that the knight may never violate. Fairy Dame Guinevere deliberately included these stories of knighthood by using her name as Leannán Sídhe, "fairy sweetheart", as the basis, to better fit the Saint Graph to herself.

Bond 4

A Queen's Grace A++
    A skill transferred from the Heroic Spirit Guinevere, of the Pan-Human History. The Leannán Sídhe are already beautiful, unchanging, and forever graceful; what this Skill does is add knowledge of how to make optimal use of that beauty. How does one move in a dress worth an entire dukedom? How does one navigate through rumour-mongers and aristocratic society? Courtly manners, politics, literature, art, psychology... the full set of skills that Guinevere spent a whole life accumulating at Arthur's court at Camelot, in short.

... Still, whenever Fairy Dame Guinevere uses any of this skill-set, the thought occurs to her: what was the point of all that learning, in the end?

Blessing of the Fae Muse A
    A skill that represents the "mixed blessing" of the Leannán Sídhe, where she guarantees a life full of inspiration and creative throughput in return for cutting it short. There are a number of poets said to have been blessed by the Leannán Sídhe, such as W.B. Yeats or John Keats.

In the end, fairies and Servants are "stories given form". Fairy Dame Guinevere, too, is one such case. By having her student ingest her blood, she can "share her story", thereby imparting any skill she knows on the target permanently, at the cost of cutting away at their life. Even parameters can be shared in this way, although she disdains using her blessing like this: she wishes to kickstart growth, not skip it.

Contractual Binding C
    A skill for those bound by a contract. It is a shared element among many stories about fairy lovers that there is one condition posed by the fairy to her mortal lover. "You may never tell anyone about me" is the most popular one, although "return to me in ten years" or "I shall leave when you return what you stole to me" are other, similar conditions.

By accepting these bindings, Fairy Dame Guinevere can further increase her blessings. Per binding laid on her Master through a geas, her Item Construction and Territory Construction increase in rank until a maximum of A++. However, if even a single of these bindings is violated, Fairy Dame Guinevere's Saint Graph will instantly rupture and kill her instantly. A "high risk, high reward" kind of skill.

Bond 5

Wretched Wight, Alone and Palely Loitering

Belle Dame Sans Merci

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1
    Max Targets: 1

The result of the ideal marriage between the Saint Graph of Guinevere and the Leannán Sídhe: the ability to install the Saint Graph of a Knight of the Round Table into her Master, by using the identity of Guinevere to forcefully link herself to the Round Table, call out a Knight's Saint Graph using the legends of Camelot as a basis, and then channel those skills to her Master. It is even possible to bring out a Noble Phantasm, if Guinevere is willing to bear the recoil.

However, in order to achieve this, Fairy Dame Guinevere must focus her all on maintaining the blessing. A moment's slip-up results in the connection backfiring, even as the blessing is maintained it constantly eats away at the Master's life-force immensely, and the memories of the Knight are constantly drilling away at his sense of self also.

And, even if the summoning succeeds, the identity of the Knight she summons is random. There is an equal chance of summoning, say, Lancelot or Gawain, who are the cream of the crop even among the cream of the crop, as there is of summoning a Knight whose talents lie outside of combat - like Agravain, for instance.

(Incidentally, the title from the Noble Phantasm comes from W.B. Yeats' La Belle Dame Sans Merci.)

Bond 6

"Courtly love" - also fin'amor or amour courtois - a medieval European literary conception of love, emphasizing above all nobility and chivalry. For the sake of the lady they loved, proven and unproven knights alike set out on long quests and accomplished great deeds.

There is a great deal which could be said about courtly love - perhaps that it was a way for those caught in loveless, arranged marriages to still express love for another; perhaps that it is a love which hangs awkwardly in between seeking fulfillment of erotic desire and seeking a higher spiritual attainment. It humiliates and yet exalts, it is illicit and yet ennobling, it is passionate and yet disciplined.

The true nature of courtly love in the eyes of Fairy Dame Guinevere, however, is that it is something of a 'mentorship' in knighthood. She uses her talents as a Leannán Sídhe to wring out every little drop of potential within her recruits. Long quests, impossible conditions to fulfill, inciting reckless passion in her subject... these are her favourite tools.

In doing so, she hopes to take a boy or girl barely more than a squire and transform them into a knight of legend. When she succeeds, she succeeds beyond anyone's wildest dreams; when she fails, she grieves like a child weeping open a broken toy... and then moves on.

Bond 7

At their core, what ties the Leannán Sídhe and Guinevere together is their shared feeling of loneliness, as well as their attempts to use love to drown it out.

From one side, Guinevere was raised as the perfect woman - which meant, in the ideas of the time, to become the perfect supporter of her husband to be. For this she learned to make herself beautiful, to appeal to her husband, to suppress her own desire and echo her husband's every desire. She was an ordinary woman, perhaps, but in this through endless perseverance she became a superb princess.

And yet, when she finally married, she married someone who had no need for her. Her King was already perfect; the Queen was simply... unnecessary. She could not even bear an heir for her 'beloved'. Rumours that she was barren began to spread inadvertently. Since the King was perfect, to remain childless was considered her failure as a woman. In the end, when she realized it was Lancelot who came to rescue her and not her cold, distant husband...

From the other side, the Leannán Sídhe is also lonely. If we were to define "potential" as the ability to change oneself for the better, then there is very little to no potential in her fellow fairies. It is for that reason that she seeks out mortals, who are born flawed from the start and therefore spend their meagre lives attempting to correct themselves.

And yet, her wishes go unanswered, for the most simple of reasons: even the most talented of individuals does not have endless potential. As her latest conquest grows in self-confidence, in competence, in worthiness - they begin to excavate their potential, and she begins to lose interest. She is the greatest supporter while one is growing, but after one is grown she has already left...

Creator Notes:
    This is a stupidly tough prompt. Hope I didn't fuck it up too badly. Visually it's inspired by WhiteFrenzy, so props to them for making something look slick in something as ungraceful as BBcode.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Blog Entries
    Banger sheet, Milord.
    creative and fitting use of the Fae Knights
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Great start. Didnt expect for it to be a fairy "knight" , but its good nonetheless
    Last edited by Master_Therion; August 4th, 2021 at 02:20 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Leanan Sidhe is an interesting choice for a mentor.

Not a bad one, though
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    That's a really well done sheet. It feels very original, yet still in tune with current "trends." Good job!
    I LIKE GIRLS

Blog Entries
    Phew, and I was worried I'd be the first entrant. This time with 90% less collapse text! (EDIT: Just before Class Skills)

“Servant, Lancer. So you’re, what, my Master? Eh, could be worse. I’ll have you whipped into proper fightin’ form before you know it, heheh! Oh yeah, and this here’s my trusty companion. Say hi, darling.”

“…”

“…She’s shy.”

Lancer of the Macgnímartha

Faceclaim

Source: Celtic Mythology
    Class: Lancer
    Other Classes: Rider, Berserker
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Place of Origin: Ireland

Parameters
    STR: B++
    END: B+
    AGI: C+
    MGI: A
    LCK: C
    NP: D

Appearance: A classic image of a “barbarian” warrior, accompanied by some manner of beast. The beast changes forms but some of the most frequent forms are that of a boar, bear, or doe. Their coordination in battle is uncanny.

• Dislikes: Men, cowards
    • Natural Enemy: Tadg mac Nuadat
    • Attribute: Man
    • Armament: Wooden spears, bows; fangs, claws, etc, in addition to general magecraft

“…Come on, don’t tell me you’re seriously not going to introduce yourself?”

“…Fine.”

*The beast shifts, folds in on itself, and stands up straight, no longer a beast at all...*

“Hi, I’m Bodhmall! Not really a people person, but, uhh… here to help! I guess!”

“See, that wasn’t so hard! You did great, I’m proud of you. Well, Master what do you think? Isn’t she way prettier this way?”

“L-Liath, please, you’re embarrassing the both of us!”

Class Skills
    Magic Resistance B+: Understanding of mysticism allows for resistance or nullification of most magics, particularly magic that is based on druidry or related schools.

(As other Classes)

Riding D: Neither has any anecdotes about mounting anything, but their familiarity with the nature of beasts and their proficiency at riding one another grants them at least a rank higher than E.

“D-don’t phrase it like that! People might get the wrong idea!”

Madness Enhancement E++: Receives only very minor parameter buffs, but retains capacity to speak and reason. However, should one perceive that the other is in peril, she will enter a brief state of primal rage, frenetically fighting to protect her companion. This can also trigger when their Master is harmed if they are closely bonded.

Personal Skills
    Divinity C-: A direct grandchild of Nuada with a moderate potential as a Divine Spirit. Receives a demerit since this only applies to one of them.

“Man, you do NOT carry yourself like the daughter of a demigod.”

“I’m going to take that as a compliment.”

Hero Creation C: A crystallization of the techniques and arts that would give rise to a hero-king. Unlike a more prolific user of this skill, who involved ingratiated himself with nearly every aspect of a certain king’s life, these two did not feature much in the legend of Fionn mac Cumhail after his tutelage under them ended in his youth. However, since this education is the core of their personal legend, they have access to this skill at middling rank.

“Sure, we didn’t have any lofty ambitions when we were bringing him up. We just wanted him to be ready for the world. And we did just that, I would say.”

Magecraft (Bandruí) A: Lancer, or more specifically one of Lancer, has studied the magecraft of the druids extensively. She uses this knowledge to perform healing, attacks, support, hexes, and most prominently self-transmutation into various woodland creatures. However she is still constrained by her non-Caster class container, limiting her abilities from what she would normally be capable of.

“I’m not as earth-shakingly powerful as my crummy dad, but I’m no slouch!”

Combination B: Due to their close bond and shared history, both elements of Lancer are able to coordinate on the battlefield to a truly uncanny degree. Line of sight is not required for comprehension of one another’s plan of action. Rather, in a phenomenon similar to the Instinct skill, they can simply feel what the other is going to do in a combat situation, and how best to aid them in that endeavor.
    If they do not manifest together as one Servant somehow, this skill would be replaced with Disengage C or Trouble with Women B-, depending on which one.

“Hold on, you get WHAT instead?”

“P-please don’t dwell on that! It’s not like we’d ever actually manifest separately, right? Eheh… heh…”

Noble Phantasm
    Skirmish Technique of the Hidden Grove
    Sliabh Bladma Luíochán

A simple but effective technique. “The beast” hides in the foliage and used druidic magic to fill the bushes and trees with the sounds of other animals. The target’s attention is stretched thin as they strain their perception to determine which of the growls and rustles are misdirection, and which corresponds to the actual threat. So focused are they on this that they are blindsided when “the warrior” leaps out behind them instead to impale them with her spear. This is only an example; the specific nature of the strike changes with each deployment of the Noble Phantasm. Sometimes its an arrow shot, sometimes it's a "double bluff" and the warrior is just a feint for the beast attack, sometimes it's a two-pronged attack. Their third skill allows them to freely change strategies to match an opponent, meaning the same target can be taken in by this Noble Phantasm more than once.

If there is little or no greenery around, existing plantlife can be encouraged to temporarily grow to exceptional size, but the Noble Phantasm is especially effective in environments where this step can be skipped, to add to the “authenticity” of the psychological effect.

“I think we should've gotten something cool and flashy, like Mac an Luin Alternative or something.”

“That'd be a stretch, wouldn't it? Besides, it's not spectacle that wins wars.”

Lore
    Lancer’s True Names are Bodhmall and Liath Luachra.

When Miurne and Cumhall first began courting each other, Miurne’s father, the high druid Tadg, didn’t like it one bit. He used his political influence to turn the High King that Cumhall served against him, resulting in a schism in the Knights of Fianna. The result of this bloody civil war was the eventual death of Cumhall, but not before Miurne began carrying his child. Tadg, who had seen a prophecy that this child would be his downfall, wanted the infant killed as soon as possible, so she had no choice to to have the child raised somewhere safe.

Miurne met up with her sister, Bodhmall, who had followed in her father’s craft of Druidry, though she did not condone his philosophy on how it should be used. She entrusted Bodhmall to raise this child in the secluded grotto in which she lived by herself – or rather, with her muscular companion, Liath Luachra.

The two of them raised Deimne like their own son. Liath taught him how to hunt and fight, while Bodhmall taught him the secrets of druidic magecraft and the mysterious ways of nature. From a young age, he was taught that wisdom and martial prowess go hand in hand, and that either is weaker without the other.

Deimne would occasionally get assassins sent after him, glory-hungry fools who think a child’s life is a bargain for the bounty of money and prestige that the mad druid promised. They would go into the forested valley of Sliabh Bladma, wholly unaware that two mighty guardians dwelled within, protecting this child. Seldom would they return.

Eventually, Deimne would start taking mercenary job once he was of an appropriate age to acquaint himself with the outside world. Going by his real name, Deimne mac Cumhail, would obviously draw attention, so he instead went with the nickname his mentors had given him for his flaxen hair: Fionn.

Fionn mac Cumhail would go on to accomplish a great many deeds, with a history so expansive that these two women in the forest may seem like but a footnote to his legend. But their tutelage was foundational to creating what would become one of Ireland’s greatest heroes.

Relationships
    Cu Chulainn (Lancer): “Well, if it isn’t Ireland’s lesser culture hero. Sure, you may have better name recognition worldwide, but how many gods have you slain? Huh? Yeah that’s what I thought.”

“Pardon her, we’re just very passionate about our little one’s exploits.”

Cu Chulainn (Caster): “At least whoever brought you up taught you some half-decent druidcraft. It’s clearly not your preferred battle style, and that reflects in your efficacy, but your form is respectable.”

“Yeah, obviously your training focused more on your spearwork. But hell, if I had a spear that just kills people, I’d make that my whole thing too!”

Orion: “I’m... not sure how to feel. Seeing such a mighty hunter should be an honor, but seeing him reduced to…”

“Oh my gosh, that’s a great idea!”

“Hm? What is?”

“I could turn into some kind of adorable little squirrel, or chipmunk, and you could carry me around. I could ride on your shoulder, on in your hair, and if it gets cold, I could curl up in your b—"

*BONK*

“Ow! It was just an idea, woman, let’s keep our hands to ourselves, geez.”

Anne Bonny & Mary Read: “Aha, true kindred spirits. Warms my heart to see women like us aren’t a total rarity.”

“You two must have been exceptionally close to manifest together like us.”

“...Close as companions, right?”

“Right, of course. Just a couple of girls who mean the world to each other, palling around. Obviously.”

Scathach: “Damn, you’re the real deal… Have to admit, I wanted to have a sort of rivalry when we met, but now I just want you to train me yourself!”

“Oh, I couldn’t agree more! Just looking at your flawless form, I’d honored to study under you, hehehe-“

*BONK*

“Ow! I was kidding, dammit! You really don’t know your own strength, y’know...”

Diarmud ua Duibhne: “Hey, thanks for everything you’ve done for our little Fionn. And, uh… sorry for any troubles he may have imposed on you.”

“You mustn’t hold it against him. When beautiful women are involved, he’s just… a bit hopeless.”

“Yeah, wonder where he gets THAT from…”

“…You look confused. Oh, you’ve probably wondering why you Love Spot isn’t working on us, yeah? Well, the thing of it is—”

“D-druid stuff. Yeah, Bo whipped up some, uhh, runes, so neither of us can be charmed by fairy magic.”

“…Yes, right. Just what I was going to say.”

Fionn mac Cumhail: “Oh, good gracious, look at our little Fionn, all grown up!!! Have you been eating well? Are you getting along with the other Servants? Any bounties or prophesies over your head?”

“Ah, you’re too soft on the boy. HEY! If I hear you’ve been out there giving us a bad name, you’d better believe you’re in for a WORLD of hurt! …But truthfully, it is nice to see you again. A bit.”

“…Hey, since when was Mac an Luin a spear?”

“Please, Bo, it’s impolite to point out when a warrior’s legendary weapon changes shape. These things just happen.”

Queen Medb: “Yeesh, this woman’s trouble with a capital B. At first I was worried she’d be bad news for our little one, but they actually have no interest in each other, it seems. I suppose their approached to love are so similar that they… just…”

“…”

*BONK*

“OUCH! Come on, I didn’t say anything! Is it a crime to just LOOK now?”

“*sigh* Maybe it’s not Fionn I should be worried about…”

Minamoto-no-Raikou: “Oh dear… Is that what I sound like?”

“Gods no, dear! Yeah, you coddle the boy a bit more than I like, but you don’t smother him. Funny, I was gonna ask you if this is what I sound like…”

“Oh, not at all! You’re harsh, certainly, but you’re not... manic or anything. I suppose we should be lucky we have each other to balance out our predictions. I’d say Fionn grew up pretty well adjusted. By comparison, at least.”

Merlin: “Geez, are you and that off-duty spearman really the only druids here? Shameful… I mean, in terms of power, you’re astonishingly adept, and I’d kill to learn even half of what you know, but still, you could be a bit more graceful about it.”

“Though he makes me wonder, should we have been more… involved with his life? IN his adulthood, I mean.”

“Nonsense, we raised Fionn right, and he turned out exceptionally. If he wanted to see us again, he’d visit. He knows where our forest hovel is.”

“Yeah, maybe you’re right… Besides, I don’t have all the details, but I get the feeling Mr. Flowers here wasn’t a model parent anyway.”

Hessian Lobo: “Hmm. I thought that his hatred for humans would be a bit less where I was concerned, but I actually feel like it’s even worse.”

“Maybe he sees your shapechanging like… cultural appropriation?”

“Perhaps…? I do hope we can learn to get along better, he seems like such a good boy...”

Penthesilea: “I can understand her frustration. Wanting to be respected as a warrior, but only being seen as a woman, regarded only with thoughts of marriageability? It can be… hmm?”

“[mumbling] Not looking… I don’t see anything, I’m just looking at the ground, thinking about… trees… Definitely not abs…”

“Oh, Bo, you’re hopeless…”

Atalante Alter: “Wh-whoa... The similarities to both of us are pretty uncanny…”

“Yeah, it’s like, if we had a kid, this is kind of how I’d expect she’d turn out.”

“We HAVE had a kid, dummy. As much as we’re ever going to, anyway.”

“Well, I was actually speaking a bit more with Merlin, and he taught me this—”

*BONK*

AUGH!”

Bond 1
    “You’re wondering about my class, huh? Yeah, in theory I could be a lot more effective as a Archer, and her as a Caster, but… I just couldn’t imagine fighting without this idiot watching my back…”

“Aw, you’re so sweet when you want to be! Needless to say, I feel the same. So we pulled some strings and found a class that lets us be together! Well, there’s a few more, too, but this one is our favorite.”

It seems that the Lancer class container was used largely due to their post-mortem insistence on being side-by-side and that “a staff is just a spear that you don’t stab people with”. So there you have it.

Alternate classes include Berserker, on the grounds that turning into an animal is a sort of momentary madness “if you really think about it”, and Rider, for reasons they have firmly asked not be publicized.

Bond 2
    “You… read about another Liath Luachra? A male? Well, there’s not NO relation… I-it’s a bit of a story. One I don’t love telling.”

“…Yeah. She didn’t even tell me until Fionn left the nest…”

“Ah, whatever. You’re my Master, if anyone oughtta know, it’s you.”

There was a time where the woman known as Liath Luachra served on the Knights of Fianna. She was decently respected, though many saw her only as a gorgeous woman and remained blind to her accomplishments, only gossiping about who could be her suitor. The only ones who truly took her seriously were the High King and her squire, and eager young lad who wanted to be as powerful as she.

“He begged for trainin’ and I gave it to him, but my heart wasn’t in it. Basic weapon techniques and battle stances, little else. Thought at the time that’s all trainin’ to be a knight was.”

Then came the schism. Liath was torn. Duty would suggest she fight on the side of the High King, but she could see that he was being manipulated by Tadg, clearly a man with no good intentions. Yet at the same time, she could not imagine defecting to Cumhall’s side, as he seemed incorrigibly sentimental.

“Do I fight for an unjust order, or do I betray my oath to fight for 'love'? Honestly, both seemed completely alien to me. So, I just… made myself scarce. Quietly turned in my shield and skipped town before the fightin’ started. Looking back, it was… the most cowardly choice I could have made.”

In her absence, the young apprentice took up her armor and her title, and fought on the side against Cumhall. For his "loyalty", he was awarded to be the keeper of Cumhall’s artifacts, which should have been his son’s by birthright.

Bond 3
    “Oh, how we met? That actually dovetails with the other story, but this one I actually like telling.”

“Aw, c’mon, let me tell it!”

“Fine, fine, we can both tell it, how’s that?”

Liath wandered the countryside, directionless. She felt ambiently guilty at all hours, but knew it was too late to turn back and make another choice. In time, she found her way into a strange forest nestled in the mountains, whereupon she discovered the druidess that made it her domain.

“Honestly, I almost turned her into a frog on sight, but… something about her caught my eye. I let her explain herself. And I realized we were same!”

Bodhmall saw in Liath a kindred spirit. A woman with no place, only a societal expectation she had no desire to fill. So she took Liath in, taught her how to be a forest hermit. In time, Liath was teaching Bodhmall survival skills of her own, and before either of them realized, neither of them were living in the forest “alone” anymore. Liath had found someone who regarded her not as "tough yet beautiful", but saw beauty specifically in her toughness.

Bond 4
    “…One day, though, Bo gets a message, delivered on this… bird she has? For messages? She says she has to leave the forest for a bit. I’m a bit taken aback, because getting this woman out of her HOUSE was hard enough. What could be spurring her to go that far from home? Her sister, she tells me, wanted to consult with her about her newborn son. Says the kid’s father and THEIR father were big enemies, and now ‘Miurne’ is worried for the little brat’s safety.”

“Gosh, can’t believe in all that time together I never once thought to mention my evil wizard father. So embarassing…”

“I was… stunned. It felt unreal. My past coming to haunt me, to take away the first source of real happiness I’d ever found. What else could I do? I tagged along. I wanted to see her, see the boy. See what I could have fought for. And from there, I don’t know…”

“...Neither of us expected the solution my sister would propose, though.”

“I’ll be blunt. I never wanted to train anyone every again. And I certainly had no interest rearin’ a kid. But Bo really cared about her sister that couldn’t escape from under their dad’s thumb, and she was already connecting with the runt, so… I relented. Part of me thought of it as… I dunno, not atonement, exactly. Just a correction.”

“Correction?”

“I was… different than the woman who quit being a knight. In that moment, seeing you holding that baby, smiling… ‘Fighting for love’ didn’t sound all that stupid anymore…”

“Liath…”

Bond 5
    “I’ll tell ya, though, kid was a handful. Full of piss and vinegar, always curious, boundless energy… Bo, what do you think the hardest part of raising him was?”

“The nigh-on endless parade of would-be bounty hunters?”

“Hmm. Fair.”

“Really, though. I think bringing up Deimne brought us closer together than ever. In our initial disagreements about how we should raise him, we learned more about each other, and eventually realized we wanted the same thing.”

“I think the reason ‘Liath the Lesser’ turned out so rotten is because I only taught him to be strong with his muscles. But Bo’s perspective made me realize that there is also strength of the heart. Emotional maturity, mental fortitude, that kinda crap.”

“A true knight, or prince, or hero, or really ANYONE of any significance needs both the willpower and resolve to know what to stand for, and the determination and aptitude to stand for it when the time comes. Or at the very least, someone in your life to provide that other half.”

“…Remind me, what happened to... the ‘other Liath’?”

“Resorted to petty murder and was killed by Fionn while he was reclaiming his father’s knightly order, as I recall.”

“Yeah, that sounds about right…”

Bond 6+
    “Master… At this point, I think we can safely consider you part of our little family. Maybe we could go hunting some time!”

“Or I could train you in some magecraft techniques modern schools won’t teach you!”

“…Huh? My wish for the Grail? Eh… Seems kinda dumb to wish for anything, when everything I ever needed is right by my side.”

“Oh my goodness… Liath, that’s so sweet!”

“Y-yeah, whatever, don’t get used to it, alright? All this storytelling had me in a sentimental mood.”

“I mean, I was gonna say I’d undo climate change, but if I said that now I’d look like a bit of an asshole.”

“…Snrk.”
    Last edited by Drangle; August 21st, 2021 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Minor typo corrections, clearer delineation of collapse text

Blog Entries
    @Drangle: Absolutely loved your servant. The moment i started reading i couldn't stop midway. It is so early in the contest, yet your servant has a well defined character, explored even more through bond lines and relationships. Their kit isnt half bad, too. I assume you are new to this, based on your posts and the date you joined? Even so, its a spectacular servant. If its one of your first, I am absolutely astonished how well done it is for a beginner.

EDIT: Oh, I remember now, you did Mount Rushmore Avenger. Great job, i can see a clear progress of your work.
    Last edited by Master_Therion; August 5th, 2021 at 07:45 AM.

Blog Entries
    their other servant last contest was pretty cool too.
    i would make the 2nd faceclaim a bit more obvious, could be missed.
    Else i wonder why magecraft is A when they are restricted by not being Caster?
    still really cool character, charming ladies
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Ty for the positive feedback so far. Yeah this is my second actually "created" Servant but I've bounced ideas around my skull as a hobby for years.

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Else i wonder why magecraft is A when they are restricted by not being Caster?
    I've always seen the Magecraft skill, given how its been used in canon, as a sort of lesser Double Summon. An acknowledgement of the figure's familiarity with magecraft that is worth reflecting even in a class that fights primarily through other means. If a Spirit that normally had the magecraft skill were in fact summoned as a Caster, they wouldn't have a higher rank than normal in it, they would simply not have it. "Magecraft" is implied by "Caster".

Thus, Bo & Liath has Magecraft A based on how very "Casterly" Bodhmall is at her core, but it's still not as "Casterly" as she could be as a standalone Caster.