Page 171 of 367 FirstFirst ... 71121161166169170171172173176181221271 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,420 of 7330

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Blog Entries
    Appearance
    Art by nijiko
    "Servant Telesilla, of the Watcher class, has been summo--hkk! ... Apologies, Master, 'twas but a slight inconvenience. Can you point me to the direction of the nearest concert? It's... urgent business. I'll explain on the way."

Class: Watcher
    Alternate classes: Shielder, Caster
    True Name: Telesilla of Argos
    Height and Weight: 170cm / 58kg

Source: History, Greek mythology
    Region: Argolis, Greece
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Attribute: Man

Parameters
    Strength: D
    Constitution: B
    Agility: D
    Magical Energy: C
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: B

Generally, she possesses a more severe personality than if she were to be summoned as a Shielder.
    Biography
    Legend
    Telesilla of Argos was a lyric poet of the 5th century BC, listed by Antipater of Thessalonica as one of the great Nine Female Lyric Poets of Greece (along with Praxilla, Moiro, Anyte, Sappho, Erinna, Corinna, Nossis, and Myrtis). She was responsible for the metrical innovation of lyric poetry known as the Telesillean Metre.

In her youth, she was continually sickly and so consulted the gods for help in restoring her to health. The answer came from the oracle that she should devote herself to the Muses, and so Telesilla dedicated herself to the study of poetry and music. She soon found herself healed and, additionally, grew in fame as a great lyric poet. Of the considerable body of work she produced, only two lines remain extant, but she was an extremely influential artist who is always cited with respect by the ancient authors, no matter the subject.

While she was famous during her life for her poetry, she was equally respected by later writers for driving the Spartan forces from her home city of Argos in 494 BC. Telesilla seems to have been at her work as a poet when the hostilities began. The Spartan king Cleomenes I consulted the Oracle of Apollo on what would happen if he marched on Argos, and he was assured that he would capture it. He was met on the field by the Argives at Sepeia and, through trickery, took the troops by surprise, slaughtered many, and chased the survivors from the field. These Argive soldiers took refuge in the sacred grove of Argus and claimed sanctuary from the god. Cleomenes questioned his Argive prisoners as to the names of those in hiding and, once he had these names, sent a herald to call them out personally and to guarantee their safety. As each man came out of the sanctuary, Cleomenes had him killed. This went on until one of the men remaining in the sacred grove climbed a tree and saw what was going on outside of the sanctuary. Afterwards, of course, no other Argive answered Cleomenes' call. Since he could not get any more Argives to come out willingly, he set fire to the grove and burned the rest of the men to death. Herodotus reports that, as the flames were rising, he asked one of the Argive deserters to which god the grove was sacred. When the man said it was the grove of Argus, Cleomenes groaned and said, "Apollo, god of prophecy, you seriously misled me when you foretold that I would capture Argos; I think your prediction has now come true".

Even though it seemed the oracle had meant he would only conquer the sanctuary of Argos, he left the grove and marched on the city. Telesilla heard of what had happened to the men of the army and mobilized the women, youth, and elders of Argos for defense. This ragtag band of defenders managed to successfully repel the Spartan invaders, and the Argolid Plain would once more know a small measure of peace.

--However. The Telesilla summoned in the Watcher class is not the famed defender of Argos, but the sublime poetess who pledged her life in service of the Muses.

The Muses were the Greek goddesses of poetic inspiration, the adored deities of song, dance, and memory, on whose mercy the creativity, wisdom and insight of all artists and thinkers depended. They may have been originally three in number, but, according to Hesiod and the prevailing tradition he established, most commonly they are depicted as the nine daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne.

Within the Alethian fleet, their designation was Society Formation-Purpose Aesthetic Appreciation Engine Mousai, an autonomous subdivision of the Supermassive Information Processing and Documentation Vessel Mnemosyne. As their designation implies, their role was to regulate and standardize the Alethian fleet's future subjects' notions and expressions of "beauty". As discussed elsewhere, the capacity for beauty is perhaps the most important marker for the beginnings of the human thought process, and, by extension, the impulse to congregate and form stable, cohesive societies. Therefore, by controlling what people think is "beautiful", as well as how they express abstract feelings and concepts in general, it's possible to control the development of the society that they will create. The wealth of references made to the Muses by writers, sculptors, musicians, and numerous other artists throughout the ages is a testament to their influence despite their subservient position in both the Alethian fleet and the Greek pantheon.

For the Alethian Mousai and the Greek Muses, their method of attaining and enforcing this control are the same: granting blessings and patronage to "good" artists, and correcting (sometimes violently) the course of "bad" ones. In other words, where Telesilla herself works with pen and ink to create literature, the Muses work with humans to create "artists".

Character
    Dislikes: Practicing, people who overstate their talents
    Talent: Composing poetry, vocal coaching

A solid type-A stage performer. Cool and collected to the point of almost being unapproachable. Strict and severe with others, but most especially with herself. While normally these traits would lead her to being ostracized, everyone keeps Telesilla around (or at least at arm's length) because she absolutely knows her stuff. From finding the right word to round out another's poem, to choreographing a dance routine that perfectly accompanies the backing track, to absolutely killing it whenever the limelight passes to her, Telesilla may not be well-liked, but she is always respected.

As noted earlier, these traits are currently heightened compared to when Telesilla is summoned as a Shielder or Caster. Telesilla believes that, as the spokeswoman of the Muses, she has to be the best artist in her field. So she must continually hone her skills to their utmost if she is to play her role. This is why Watcher Telesilla tends to steer clear of artist's circles and such, only approaching them when directed by her patrons, who unhelpfully decided to send their revelations to her in the form of powerful headaches and migraines.

Despite such an unhealthy setup which will most definitely not lead to an epic burnout moment, Telesilla harbors relatively little ill will toward her situation. Her wish to the Holy Grail remains the same as the oath she took; she still desires to "serve the Muses" despite being an existence who no longer needs their aid to function. For Telesilla, serving the Muses means not only paying homage to the goddesses who saved her life, it also means cultivating the next generation of people who will give shape to the feelings others can barely put into words; people who will, in other words, create "art". If the price to do so is having to contend with nine other voices inside her mind's agora, then it's one she is willing to pay.

Relationships
    Master
    Because of her current self's status as an emissary of the Muses, Telesilla actually gets along better with Masters who are not artistically inclined.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
    Telesilla would never bestow upon him the Muses' blessings, even if he asked. Even one's offstage persona is important! What do you mean he plays just as well without it?!

Antonio Salieri

As a man whose ruin was catalyzed by his music, he represents the "dark side" of the arts that Telesilla cannot ignore.

Nero Claudius, Elisabeth Bathory, "Bonny and Clyde"
    "Uuuugh. Master, be a dear and pass the aspirin, would you? Not the one pill, the whole bottle!"

Paris
    "Hearing about Lord Apollo's exploits is one thing, but seeing them with my own eyes is quite entirely another. You have my condolences."

Voyager of the Temple
    "You two are--! Ah, I suddenly feel inspired to write a song for Lady Hera's attendants! Seeing people from your home town make it big really is the best!"

Jugemu Jugemu Go-Kō-no-Surikire Kaijari-suigyo no Suigyō-matsu Unrai-matsu Fūrai-matsu Kū-Neru Tokoro ni Sumu Tokoro Yaburakōji no Burakōji Paipo Paipo Paipo no Shūringan Shūringan-no-Gūrindai Gūrindai-no-Ponpokopii-no-Ponpokonā no Chōkyūmei no Chōsuke
    "Raise your head, you who have many names and yet remain nameless, for your own person's conduct pleases the Muses. Go now with Lady Thalia's blessings."

Sesshu Toyo (Lily)
    "For someone who spends so much time covering a single subject, I see little improvement or variation between your works. Might I recommend switching to landscapes?"

Marie Tussaud
    "While the subject matter needs no introduction, the medium is certainly... unique. Lady Clio is both horrified and transfixed, and I must say, I am as well. That said... Can we have less of the defiling the corpses of the recently-deceased?"

Taliesin
    "It feels a little unfair placing you on the same bracket as everybody else, honestly."

Lucian of Samosata
    "Ah, a repeat applicant. Let's see what we're working with... Wait, did your previous application scar you this badly?!"

Brokk and Sindri
    "You must be quite confident in your skills as smiths, because your voicework is utterly tragic, especially given how lovely your voices sound individually. If the pompous one would stop hogging the spotlight and the sharp-tongued one would stop deepening his voice so much, your little duo act might actually turn some heads."

Jean-Baptiste Etteilla
    "You would make an application for the Muses' blessings, you vile demon-worshipper?! Go lie with the abominations you've made your bed with!"

Dorian Gray
    "Men are meant to accept and value art as a thing unto itself, a blessing from the auspices of the gods. You are no auteur; you are a yawning void, consuming all within reach if it would mean filling the hole in your soul."

Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
    "Of course, everyone is welcome to appeal for the blessings of the Muses. Whether or not they prove worthy of it, however, is another matter entirely. Good luck; you'll certainly need it."

Miss Gardner
    "You want me to critique this? Alright, then... --Er, are the colors here really supposed to be moving?"

Chairil Anwar
    "What is this...? Art is supposed to edify man, to guide him into praise of the gods who sustain him! Why do you use your art to descend into the realm of beasts?!"

Rose Bertin
    "Hm, I've never given the clothes I wear consideration as art in itself, but this finery... Very well, I'll consult with my patrons about adding a new category."

Ferdinand Cheval
    "Hmm, the architecture is top-notch, the workmanship is sublime... you said you made this by yourself? Certainly worthy of admiration. And yet-- All of the above should contribute to a magnificent monument to the gods, but... Why does it feel so odd?"

Phryne
    "Hm? An evaluation? Ah, I see. You must be in the wrong place. Goddess Ishtar's office is the room two doors before this one."

Katsushika Hokusai
    "Ah, these landscapes really are sublime! That said, please keep your those wriggling fingers to yourself, or you'll learn how painful the Muses' disfavor can be."

Giuseppe Tartini
    "This composition... The notes are perfectly placed, the harmonies blend together beautifully, but... Why does it grate my ears so?"

Motokiyo Zeami
    "Ah, finally, someone who understands! A routine, refined and polished to its acme, yes, that is what art is!"

Antonin Artaud
    "What-- What is this disorder? This anarchy?! This is not theater; this is a menagerie!"

Nathan Mayer Rothschild
    "Enemy of the Muses! You would make light of them by bringing forward your usurious practices, and now you claim the power only the gods can wield?! Know your place!"

Mnemosyne
    "M-M-M-M-M-My lady?!"
    CLASS SKILLS
    Watcher: D+++
    A Skill that represents the Watcher class' special contract status towards the Master. In this case, the Master is treated as Telesilla's "networker", that is to say, the person through whom she receives information about up-and-coming artists. Of course, if the Master also holds pretensions to the title, then this Skill receives advantageous corrections, and Telesilla treats them as yet another subject of the Muses' scrutiny.

Territory Infringement: D++
    Territory Infringement is a Watcher-class class skill that allows the bearer to pass through territories such as Bounded Fields, ideal for those specializing in infiltration. Gains advantageous corrections when attempting to enter the territory of an artist-type Servant.

Rather than truly violating territory, Watcher treats the boundaries of artists, writers, sculptors, etc. as hers. As the bearer of the will of the Muses, all things that aspire to the designation "art", not to mention their creators, are subject to her perusal and adjudication, up to and including their choice of staging location.

Magic Resistance: D+
    Ability that grants protection against magical effects. Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy. Receives a plus-correction when facing hostile Magecraft whose foundations are related to the arts, the Muses, or Apollo, as Telesilla's current incarnation is always treated as "doing the Muses' bidding".

PERSONAL SKILLS
    Charisma: C
    A composite Skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. Suitable to a poetess whom everyone defers to with respect. It would have possessed a plus-correction whilst fighting in a defensive position, but this is currently lost due to being summoned under the Watcher class.

Valor: B-
    The ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination. Currently, the plus-corrections to melee damage output are lost, and instead this manifests as Telesilla's iron conviction to serve the Muses, no matter what slander or vitriol is thrown her way.

Appreciation of the Arts: EX
    Infatuation with works of art. If one happens to see a Noble Phantasm that possess artistic anecdotes, the Noble Phantasm's name and its wielder's identity are immediately revealed. Additionally, this abnormal rank is necessary if one is to make a value judgment on the works of others. A Skill imparted to Telesilla as the bearer of the Muses' will.

Protection of the Muses (True): EX
    Skill that denotes the divine protection of the Muses that one attained by having great skill in the arts. More than just music, it is possible to distinguish between the styles of individual artists and even between genres of work. Plus-corrections are also applied to magecraft that has "art" at its foundation. Telesilla originally only had an A-rank in this Skill, but the abnormal ranking was bestowed once she became the Muses' emissary.

NOBLE PHANTASMS

Philelias Prostasias: Most Noble Sun, Look Favorably upon Your City's Devotion
    Type: Anti-Army Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1-30
    Max targets: 1 person

The Sun-Loving Hymn of Protection. The crystallization of Telesilla's fame both as a poetess and as defender of her home city of Argos. By singing a philelias (a hymn to Apollo whose name was coined by Telesilla herself), she invokes the patron god of Argos to grant protection upon herself, her allies, and punishment upon her enemies. Telesilla and her allies are healed of all injuries and purged of all negative statues, while enemies receive demoralizing mental interference. These effects receive a doubled duration if the Noble Phantasm is activated during daytime.

Dikasterion Mousai: Thou, Look Up and Admire the Star
    Type: Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1-3
    Max targets: 1 person

The Muses' Tribunal. A Noble Phantasm belonging not to Telesilla, but to the Muses she has pledged her life in service to. Telesilla may only invoke this Noble Phantasm on supplicants seeking the blessings and guidance of the Muses. Upon invocation, the Muses gather together and analyze the information stored in Telesilla's brain regarding the target and their artistic ouvre. If at least one of the Muses is willing to become the supplicant's patron, then that supplicant passes the test. Otherwise, if all the Muses unanimously agree that the supplicant's works are offensive to their sensibilities, then that person fails.

Although the task is arduous and the perils many, the benefits are such that many aspirants still seek Telesilla out. Most notable among the blessings obtained through the Muses' patronage is the skill Protection of the Muses at A-rank, which is further specialized depending on the supplicants' character. However, said perils are not only many but also heavy and exacting; offending the Muses runs with it the risk of being turned into some sort of avian, or worse, complete and irreversible loss of inspiration.
    Author's Notes
    Society Formation-Purpose Aesthetic Appreciation Engine = 社会成立用審美機関
    Supermassive Information Processing and Documentation Vessel = 超大情報処理文書船

I finished another sheet! Imagine that.
    Last edited by Nuclear; October 23rd, 2021 at 03:12 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    i literally just posted a sheet with both apollo and the muses in them in the other thread. Glad I didn't put it here.

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---
    summs up a lot of my ironic weeaboo circles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    people who have waifus are necessarily mentally ill

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I haven't been able to give my comment on everyone else's yet, and I DO have comments, but I LOVE Telesilla and I am kicking myself that you beat me in posting my own sheet by minutes since I'd love to know her opinion on who I'm about to drop.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    nice sheet, but tbh I dont feel any Watcher-vibes from her.
    A Shielder Poetess that could rally the weak with poetic speeches to repel the infamous Spartan army with the blessing of the muses on top of it seems a more unique and interesting approach.
    Nevertheless, the concept idea for the muses is great and I would like to implement them in my Machine God Fleet blog. I just used them as subdivision of Mnemo, but didnt develop them further than that. But my interpretation of Mnemo extended to that of a contact vessel for mortal life, so to use the Musai to develop on that seems just perfect.

now I wait for realcas and his banger.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    ”Aah... how exciting. It would seem I am your Servant. What a strange turn of events. And yet.. what a wholly new experience! I daresay I shouldn’t like to see the Human Order erased when there’s so much beauty left to see in this world you’ve brought me into. Very well-- I shall be your guide into the very heights of sensation, ‘Master’. At least, for as long as you keep things interesting around here...

Oh, yes-- there’s something I’d like you to keep safe for me, first..."

Class:
    Berserker
    True Name: Dorian Gray
    Alternate Classes: Pretender
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Origin: “The Picture of Dorian Gray” by Oscar Wilde
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Brynhildr's Beloved, Earth or Sky, Humanoid, Male, Servant, Weak to Enuma Elish

Parameters:

STR: C

END: EX

AGI: B

MGI: B

LCK: A

NP: B

Lore:
    Dorian Gray was born to Lady Margaret Devereux, a beautiful aristocrat who married below her class without the consent of her father, Lord Kelso. The disapproving man would pay a lackey to provoke Dorian's father, a junior military officer, into a duel, leading to his untimely end. Following this, Margaret returned to her father’s estate but died shortly after. Dorian would be raised by his grandfather, a relationship of mutual resentment, until that man too passed.

Dorian would inherit his mother’s beauty as he grew into a young man, earning him a position as the young muse of Basil Hallward, a talented and moral painter in whom Dorian struck great inspiration. Basil would find Dorian the perfect subject for his art. On one such occasion, Dorian and Basil were joined by Lord Henry Wotton, a friend of Basil’s despite a rather striking difference of philosophies. Lord Henry was a known libertine, a imperious and decadent dandy possessed of a total indifference to the consequences of his own actions.

Lord Henry praised Dorian’s beauty, both in the flesh and as Basil captured it upon the canvas. Dorian, in turn, was enraptured by Lord Henry’s dissertations on the nature of the world, and he would come to agree wholly-- beauty, of course, was all that mattered in life. As he looked upon the image of himself, he would find himself wishing for but one thing: that his picture could in his place waste away under the weight of the ages, and that he could stay as eternally young as a portrait captured on canvas.

Lord Henry took Dorian under his wing, and the two would begin a hedonistic exploration of sensuality. Dorian would soon meet an actress by the name of Sibyl Vane, performing Shakespeare in a dingy, working-class theatre. Enthralled by her performances, Dorian was quick to propose marriage, enamouring Sibyl (who would refer to him as her Prince Charming) and against Lord Henry’s thoughts on the matter.

However, when Dorian invited his two friends to view Sibyl’s performance of Romeo and Juliet, she would become too excited by his presence in the audience to perform properly. Humiliated by this display, Dorian would confront her cruelly, spurning her and telling her that he only loved her for her talent: that was her beauty, and without it she was dull and uninteresting. That night, Dorian would view the portrait and realise that while his heart felt no heavier for his callous worlds, the portrait had grown a cruel sneer. Through some method unknown to himself even to his present incarnation, Dorian's wish had been granted.

Shocked by this unholy miracle and feeling the sting of loneliness, Dorian reached out to reconnect with Sibyl-- too late. Wracked with despair at the harshness of his words, she had killed herself in the night. The tragedy would bring upon Dorian a realisation.

“I don't want to be at the mercy of my emotions. I want to use them, to enjoy them, and to dominate them.”

So Dorian would begin his descent into utter depravity. Locking his portrait away, for eighteen years he would indulge himself with every vice known to humankind, exploring the very depths of his own lusts for self-indulgent sensation.

Basil soon came calling upon his once-muse, horrified by the rumours of Dorian’s debauchery. Dorian would happily admit to the truth in every one, and to prove his lack of remorse, reveal to Basil the portrait. The artist was horrified-- the image had become so twisted and hideous that he was only able to identify it by his own signature. Fearing for his friend’s immortal soul, he would plead for Dorian to repent and pray for salvation. This demand, at odds with everything Dorian had given himself over to become, would only serve to enrage him. Blaming his fate on Basil himself, he was driven in anger to stab his dear friend to death where he stood.

Unfazed by the horrendous crime and ignoring the ever-degenerating portrait, Dorian would blackmail his own contacts into disposing of the body of Basil Hallward, an act that would lead to the suicides of more of his social circle, but Dorian would not be bothered. To escape the consequences of his actions, he would retreat to an opium den, where he narrowly avoided a run-in with James Vane, the overprotective brother of his lost love Sibyl. James had sought vengeance upon Dorian for driving his sister to her death, but knew little of him beyond his name and the nickname she had called him, Prince Charming. He accosted Dorian, but discounted him as the suspect given his youthful appearance-- this could not possibly be the same man. Only after Dorian’s escape would he realise the deception.

James Vane would stalk Dorian Gray with murderous intent, leaving the immortal to ironically fear for his life. However, in a stroke of luck, a hunting accident would claim the life of his pursuer. This apparent divine intervention was the shock Dorian needed to swear to himself to forgo his degenerate ways and live righteously, an attempt he would make for some time... until he would check the portrait to see if his newfound moralism had any effect on its countenance.

The portrait was uglier than ever. Dorian’s motivation for changing his ways had not been out of any true reformation-- only the desire for the ‘new experience’ of acting virtuously, and his vanity in attempting to stave off the destruction of his image.

This revelation would drive Dorian into a rage. The portrait seemingly existed only to taunt him, to act as a reminder of his crimes as immortal as he had become. It was the last remaining vestige of his own conscience, and forswearing it entirely, he took the same blade he had slaughtered Basil with and drove it into his own painted heart.

When the horrid cry from the locked attic drew the house’s servants to the room, they would open it to find the decrepit, disfigured corpse of an unknown withered old man lying upon the floor, a knife lodged in his chest. The figure was only identifiable as the body of Dorian Gray due to the rings on his fingers, otherwise completely irreconcilable with the undamaged, pristine portrait beside him of a beautiful Dorian as he was in his youth.

At least, that’s the version of the story everybody knows.

Description:
    Dorian Gray, summoned in his prime, is the archetype of hedonism. He has but one concern-- the exploration of new heights of sensuality and sensation.To consider anything else would be to waste his own existence. And what new delights he has to explore now that he is incarnated as a Servant! As such, Dorian can be difficult to control in the sense that he is often distracted by the ever-present drive to sate his own whims indiscriminately.

The effective immortality conveyed by Dorian’s Noble Phantasm, Portrait of Sin, compounds upon Dorian’s nature as a Berserker and results in what can best be described as a ‘combat sadomasochist’. Dorian delights in the feeling of pitting his knife and body (his only real methods of engaging in battle) against an opponent upon whom he can discover new methods of inflicting pain, and new methods in turn of having pain inflicted upon him. Though he will attempt to retain some sense of elegance in his form and remain ‘beautiful’ amidst the slaughter, seeing it as beneath him to stoop to the level of some beast, this should not be mistaken as any inhibition-- only a method by which to extract the most pleasure from a fight.

While this may cast Dorian as some kind of savage, nothing could be further than the truth. Outside of battle, Dorian is... not dissimilar in temperament: flighty, passionate, untameable. However, this manifests itself in different ways. His concern being new experiences, he is capable of appreciating fine art on the same level as barbarism, and is quite learned about higher culture, fascinated in engaging in conversation with those with similar interests. Of course, beautiful individuals (presentation of gender not a particular care) will attract his eye most of all, and arouse a wide range of reactions anywhere from blatant flirtation to a genuine desire for mutual understanding. His attention span, however, will always wane when he feels he has experienced enough and craves something new for his palate.

Additionally, like certain other Servants with designs on ‘corrupting’ the Master, he will certainly act as a voice in their ear guiding them towards the path of self-indulgence-- though unlike those unnamed Beast candidates, it is not through any genuine desire to see the Master ‘fall from grace’, but a genuine attempt at forging a bond and sharing what Dorian believes to be the most correct of life philosophies. He won’t be overly offended if his suggestions are rejected in favour of temperance, but his opinion of the Master as a ‘person of culture’ may lower, and as a result he’ll become more onerous to work with.

Though Dorian acts as though the painting absorbs any moral consequences he may feel, this is not quite correct. Though he does not shy away from filth in which to balm his fair intentions, there’s part of him that recalls being young and innocent once upon a time. Though he is spared the mental anguish any normal man may feel from enacting the sins he has indulged in, there is one thing the painting cannot take from him-- the faintest echo of the haunting guilt of which the portrait itself ironically serves to constantly remind him. To whisper in his ear that I appear as how you truly are inside, Dorian, and such a wretched thing can never truly be beautiful again-- so all of your designs are for naught.

He constantly endeavours to do his best to find a decadence so chaotic as to drown out that voice.

Class Skills:

Madness Enhancement
    D
    The Class Skill that characterizes a Berserker, raising basic parameters and strengthens one's physical abilities in exchange of hindering mental capacities and/or in exchange for their sense of reason. In some cases, it also affects and/or seals away some techniques, Personal Skills and Noble Phantasms. Dorian has released himself from conscience, guilt and moral obligation, acting only unto his own lusts and beauty for new experiences. His unchained philosophies qualify him for the Berserker class, though they confer a low rank in this skill.

Increases own Buster performance by 4%.

Personal Skills:

Hedonism
    A skill originally possessed by a rampant Alter Ego under the service of an evil god, this skill represents a mindset solely devoted to the pursuit of new and pleasurable experiences. Dorian's entire being is solely devoted to sating his own desire for more sensations, even going so far as to draw pleasure from new ways of feeling pain-- his immortal body is the ultimate realisation of this philosophy, never aging or bearing a wound so that he might explore all the world has to offer in feeling without ever suffering the ill effects of this hunger.

Increases own NP generation rate when taking attack by 20%.

Golden Rule (Body)
    EX
    A Skill that denotes the possession of a natural and perfect god-like body, preserving beauty. Unlike the Natural Body Skill whose body shape does not change despite how much caloric intake was taken, there is no effect on the Skill owner's Strength parameter. No matter how long he lives, how many wounds he receives, how many sins he commits, Dorian’s body and soul will remain preserved eternally.

Grants self Debuff Immunity for 3 turns.
    Recovers own HP every turn for 3 turns.
    Charges own NP gauge every turn for 3 turns.

Aesthetic Appreciation
    A+
    An infatuation with works of art. If Dorian happens to see a Noble Phantasm that possess artistic anecdotes, there is an almost certain chance that he will be able to figure out its true name. Given the intrinsic tie of Dorian’s soul to a piece of art, he has an inherent positive modifier to this skill.

Reduces one enemy servant's NP damage for 1 turn.

Prince Charming
    B
    Dorian’s portrait preserves his natural beauty and youthful charms, absorbing both physical wounds and the ravages of old age and the stains on his character wrought by his moral offenses. Loved by many men and women alike, he is able to command this disarming charisma even in the heat of battle, disorienting and confusing enemies with the attempt to rationalise their perceptions of Dorian as an untarnished and glamorous young man even as he attacks with an unhinged wickedness. This has a similar effect to the skill Espionage, although to a far greater degree-- the effect of concealing hostility is not lost even when attacking directly, resulting in the addition of a mental disturbance effect to Dorian's attacks from the enforced and conflicting perspectives.

Reduces all enemies' attack for 3 turns.
    Increases own critical star generation rate for 3 turns.
    Chance to inflict Charm when normal attacking for 3 turns.

Noble Phantasm:

Portrait of Sin
    Unjust Mirror of My Ruined Soul

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 0
    Targets: 1 person
    Description:
    Dorian’s Noble Phantasm needs little introduction: it is, of course, his portrait. Painted by his friend Basil Hallward on a beautiful summer’s day, Dorian was swayed by the hedonistic worldviews of Lord Henry Wotton and became enamoured of the idea that beaty was the only ideal worth pursuing in life, and he would make a wish-- that the portrait bearing his likeness would age instead of himself.

Through means unknown (and irrelevant) to Dorian, his wish would be granted and the portrait would take on the mystical properties it is most well known for, and it is so tied to his existence that the portrait is automatically summoned with him as a Servant.

Dorian’s spiritual core does not actually exist in his Servant body-- rather, it is held inside the painting. When Dorian is first summoned, he and the portrait are identical. As Dorian continues to exist and engage in battles (and his own licentious indulgences) the portrait will begin to distort as it absorbs the entirety of any damage, physical, mental or spiritual, that Dorian sustains. Any wounds Dorian sustains will instantly transfer to his likeness as they regenerate instantly, an effect that cannot be stopped by any abilities that impede healing as they “were never there”. The effects of any curses or lingering effects will slowly ravage the painted version as Dorian continues unimpeded. In effect, nothing can harm him-- though his actual body can still be impeded by physical restraints or obstacles. He himself is immune to most effects, not his environment. Though Dorian is clearly outmatched in strength, speed and combat ability by most other Servants, he is a fearsome foe by the simple virtue of his perceived immunity to almost anything that can be thrown at him, regardless of the power behind it.

Obviously, this Noble Phantasm, while incredibly powerful, has one glaring weakness-- the portrait itself. If Dorian’s identity is discovered, the portrait will become an obvious target, as if the portrait is damaged or defaced in any significant way, even by mundane means, any damage it currently contains will be immediately reflected onto Dorian’s body in full as his spiritual core is forced to return to his body. If the portrait is destroyed soon after his summoning, Dorian may still be able to heal from it in the “natural” way and continue to fight, although his major advantage as a Servant is lost to him and he will likely soon be defeated. Additionally, he is no longer clear of conscience and may become irate at his own behaviour, becoming too difficult to control.

If he has already accrued significant wounds, however, it is far more likely that Dorian will be wholly destroyed by the catastrophic reflection of all of his own sins. It is possible the backlash of this ability will also severely injure or kill the Master from the overflowing amount of damage as Dorian’s Saint Graph attempts to heal itself in the moments before its own terminal failure.

As such, Dorian and his Master’s top priority must be to safeguard the portrait at any cost, as it cannot be replicated once destroyed. In this more than his character he is the ultimate example of the Berserker class stratagem-- the highest risk for the highest reward.

Remove own debuffs.
    Reduce own skill cooldown by 1.
    Charge own NP gauge.
    Decrease Debuff Resist of all allies. [Demerit]
    Greatly restore own HP. <Overcharge>

Relationships:

Henry Jekyll & Hyde:
    “Henry, my dear man. I understand what you’re going for-- separating the evil from the good. But all you are then is two halves of a whole. If you want to defeat evil, simply stop thinking of it as evil. Embrace your desires. Embrace the true, unfettered self. Think it over.”

Phantom:
    “You, I can almost relate to. Such petty trappings as morality discarded, attentive only to what is beautiful in life... if only you weren’t so ugly.

Carmilla:
    “My god... Ageless, beautiful, and capable of such... artistry. So sorry to bother you, but are you doing anything later?”

Mephistopheles:
    “...I’ve no illusions about the fate I have avoided through my blessing. But I can only hope... should some Hell or another ever deign to claim me... their messenger is somewhat less garish than that.

Jugemu:
    “Ha! Amusing, though your act does lack a little variety... Still, for now, this is quite entertaining. Tell me another, then!”

Sesshu Toyo:
    “I can respect the cat, at least. A creature with whom I find some kinship. It knows what it cares for, and disregards all that it does not. But you yourself, painter... There is something more to you, I think. Something this world has scarcely seen... I should very much like to see more. You know, I am told I am a great model. I wonder what might happen if...”

Marie Tussaud:
    “So you, too, are an explorer of possibility, a connoisseur of beauty... but you limit yourself only to the dead? What a waste of such potential! What can you learn from those who can learn nothing more themselves? If the lives of the depraved are what hold such fascination for you, you’ll gain far more knowledge first-hand than you ever could from an empty corpse. I could show you such sights, Madame...”

Taliesin:
    “A legendary bard? Interesting... on the surface. But the chivalrous types are always the ones that let true inspiration pass them by. If you want to tell a truly compelling story, you must explore decadence itself! Nothing makes for a better story than a helping of vice, and the very best are the ones where the artist has indulged for themselves. Anything else would be a waste of talent.”

Lucian of Samosata:
    “Your tall tales are mildly amusing. Would that such fantastical experiences were true... ah, the pleasures I could indulge in such ludicrous places. Alas. I can almost relate to you, sir. I dread the day when this world of sin and wonder holds no more new luxuries for my consumption. Still, it does hedonism a disservice to ignore the pleasures around you in favour of those conjured from your mind, don’t you think?”

”Bonnie & Clyde”:
    “Harry oft said ‘Men marry because they are tired, women, because they are curious: both are disappointed.’ How incredibly curious to find a couple willing to plumb the depths of indulgence... together. Perhaps there’s something to it. But don’t you both grow so bored of each others’ company?”

Brokk and Sindri:
    Ugh. These creations of yours... Oh, I’m sure they’re magnificent tools, fit for the hand of God and all that, but... they’re so unsightly. Have you no sense of proper aesthetics? What’s the point in them if they’re so ugly to behold? There’s nothing wrong with a little form in your function... though I suppose one can’t expect much more from craftsmen who look like that. All short and hairy... eugh. Art does reflect the artist, if you qualify these brutish creations as ‘art’.”

Jean-Baptiste Etteilla:
    “Fortune-telling... what a bore. I’ve absolutely no use for knowledge of the future, and neither should you. Why bother wasting time moping over what will be when all that is of concern-- and there is so, so very much with which to ‘concern’ oneself-- is what is? You’ll find far more enjoyable methods of playing with cards if you step into a gambling house once in a while.”

Telesilla of Argos:
    “You... You. You are something wholly new to me. I’ve never seen such... such radiant beauty before. Such exceptional talent. I’ve been called a muse in my own right, but to gaze upon the real thing...? Aha... ha... My dear lady, you are what I have been searching my whole LIFE for. Please. I simply MUST speak with you at further length. There is... SO much that I think we could learn from each other... You will join me for a meal, won’t you?

Craft Essence:

I owe myself everything, yet I cannot bear to look at me.

I take this part of myself that I love and I hate and I lock it away, where I will never have to lay eyes upon it.

As long as it is hidden upstairs, I will never have to acknowledge that it is me and I am it.

As long as it is deep behind the memories of the beautiful things I have made mine over the years, I can forget that this too is mine.

If I forget this thing, it does not hold power over me, and as it gathers dust so too can it gather all of my failings and keep them locked away, forgotten also.

I am free...

When equipped on Dorian Gray, grants self Invincibility for 3 attacks and increases own Arts and Buster Card Performance by 10%.

CREATOR'S NOTES
    Ask and ye shall receive, DelRey.

Quickest I've ever made a sheet, I think! Helps I had him in the works for a little while. Sure, I took a slightly lateral approach to the prompt, but you don't get much more "Art" than this guy!

Man, I read WAY too many Hellraiser tie-in comics while making this guy and I think it shows. Nobody call me out, ssh. When you're dealing with psychotic hedonists, if the shoe FITS...

Gameplay-wise, I envisioned him as a borderline-stupid self-looping Servant who can live forever and just keep punching when given the right support. In-universe, he's perhaps OP due to his NP preventing functionally ANY damage, but very vulnerable to the Kiritsugu method of "figure out where he's hiding the painting and blowing up the whole building." In his arrogance he'd probably let his identity slip eventually and that'd be his undoing. He's not OVERLY strong, or skilled, but he will never stop getting back up no matter how many NPs of whatever calibre he gets hit with, even some real world-breaking shit. Until some Master does him in with a can of paint thinner while he's distracted.

Man... I'm glad I got to add in that Telesilla quote. I think he'd get a little uncomfortably obsessive, borderline yandere, over a literal muse (or their emissary, he doesn't care), one of the definitions of art and beauty. That's his life ideal, and he'd need to... I don't think he even knows what. But he'd try and get it.

Song choice is fun this time. Most people pick appropriate anime-esque soundtracks, I just go stupid.

Not much more to add, other than this being one of my proudest creations and someone I'm happy to have checked off my list to do! Hopefully if I can find more time, I can enter a second sheet. I've already got ideas for someone who'd fit... But I hope you all enjoy!

EDIT: Something went horribly wrong for a minute there, but I think I fixed it now.
    Last edited by realcasually; October 10th, 2021 at 09:02 AM.

Blog Entries
    Telesilla: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... OK, OK, I'll give up part of the game. You know, Nukem, I had to my sights a Lee Miller Pseudo-Servant sheet, the photographer housing within her the Muses as described by Hesiod (bringers of forgetfulness, through the arts) and as enumerated by Varro (Melete, Mneme, Aoide), and was deciding on whether she should be a Berserker or a Watcher. But -- HAH -- UPSTAGED!!!
    Noob here. Sorry about that.

Blog Entries
    i asked and received an entry of one half of my second creation here.
    I recently saw that Douman has Hedonism as a Passive Skill. Could have fit there. Perhaps I should add that in my version too.
    Surprised to see no Guts effect in this sheet.
    Still solid interpretation of that guy. And it absolutely fits the prompt, dw

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    i asked and received an entry of one half of my second creation here.
    I recently saw that Douman has Hedonism as a Passive Skill. Could have fit there. Perhaps I should add that in my version too.
    Surprised to see no Guts effect in this sheet.
    Still solid interpretation of that guy. And it absolutely fits the prompt, dw
    >Ironic, lmao. I went for a purer interpretation, though I hope it lives up to the precedent you set.
    >Ah, shit he does, doesn't he? Might just add that in, honestly, I can't believe I didn't notice before.
    >Now the Guts thing I actually thought about, and I prioritised Invincibility for his CE rather than a Guts effect on purpose. Guts, to me, is synonymous with something like Battle Continuation-- Servants that sustain incredible damage and keep charging anyway. Dorian never takes damage in the first place, and once he's actually able to be HARMED then he's essentially done for, so Guts felt far less appropriate than Invincibility.

EDIT: Snuck Hedonism EX in. Hope that's okay, and thank you for the suggestion, Del. Really, I should never have missed it.
    Last edited by realcasually; October 10th, 2021 at 09:02 AM.

Blog Entries
    > well i did not kick you out of the contest yet, right?
    perhaps we see that guy again in the near future fufufu

> perhaps some day in the future I add all the possible FGO effects into my skills as well, but first I would have to get a firm grip on them, because I just played it for few weeks.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    This fellow is beautiful like an idol,
    whoever sees him, looks like him;
    Haven’t understood this riddle,
    am guessing but can’t figure out.

This fellow is beautiful like an idol,
    whoever sees him, looks like him;
    Haven’t understood this riddle,
    am guessing but can’t figure out.
    The answer: a mirror.

Amir Khusrau
    The Parrot of India, the Father of Urdu Literature, the Man of Riddles

Class: Trickster
    Alternate Classes: Caster

Natural Enemy: Sherlock Holmes
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Human, Earth, Male

STRENGTH: D
    ENDURANCE: D
    AGILITY: D
    MANA: B
    LUCK: C
    NOBLE PHANTASM: A

Bond 1

He visits my town once a year.
    He fills my mouth with kisses and nectar.
    I spend all my money on him.
    Who, girl, your man?

He visits my town once a year.
    He fills my mouth with kisses and nectar.
    I spend all my money on him.
    Who, girl, your man?
    No, a mango.
    ================

Abu'l Hasan Yamīn ud-Dīn Khusrau, more famous under the name of Amir ("Prince") Khusrau (also rendered as Khusrow or Khusraw) was an Indo-Persian singer, musician, poet, Sufi, mystic, and scholar, who lived in thirteenth-century Delhi. He introduced the ghazal style of songs, is regarded as the father of the qawwali, and is even credited for the invention of the sitar.

His bibliography is vast, but part of what makes him famous is the innumerable collection of riddles attributed to him, said to have been written during his time at the Sultan's court and all in the form of metrical poems. These are still immensely popular today in the area formerly known as Hindustan, seven centuries after Khusrau's passing.

Quoted as fragments are merely a few riddles of Khusrau's, in a traditional say-and-deny form - presented in the form of a conversation, where a young woman gives an ambiguous but passionate speech about what others can only assume must be her lover, only to reveal her innocent subject in the answer instead.

It is this legacy of riddles that has allowed Khusrau to be summoned as the non-standard class Trickster.

Bond 2

He doesn't let me walk barefoot,
    He doesn't let my feet get dirty,
    He kisses my legs everyday,
    Who, girl, your man?

He doesn't let me walk barefoot,
    He doesn't let my feet get dirty,
    He kisses my legs everyday,
    Who, girl, your man?
    No, a shoe.
    ================

Height/Weight: 171cm / 70kg
    Source: the 13th century
    Region: India (specifically, Delhi)
    Alignment: Neutral Good

Ha ha ha! That is not the answer I was thinking of, my child, but yes! That is an excellent answer! Aren't riddles fun? Ah, I love wordplay!

Class Skills:

Deceit
    D
    The Class Skill of Tricksters: the ability to weave deceit so skillfully it seems to be realer than reality itself. Supports the telling of lies, clever omissions, misleading wordplay and every manner of falsehood.

A Skill awarded only to Khusrau for being summoned as a Trickster, and one which he disdains to use. He is perfectly capable of telling teasing riddles with his own skills, thank you very much. God disdains lies, and even moreso liars.

It must be said that Trickster is the odd one out in a Class full of oddballs for not being much of a Trickster at all, but he can only really shrug his shoulders at his current state.

Bond 3

When he enters my bedroom buzzing,
    He approaches and wakes me up,
    As if whispering the mantra of parting.
    Who, girl, your man?

When he enters my bedroom buzzing,
    He approaches and wakes me up,
    As if whispering the mantra of parting.
    Who, girl, your man?
    No, a mosquito.
    ================

Poet of The Sultans A++
    A skill showing Trickster's experience of serving under many different masters as court poet, starting in his twenties until his death fifty years later. The office of court poet (or Mushaf-dar) was one of the means a ruler had at his disposal to establish and propagate his legitimacy. As such they were not objective reporters of the truth - though of course they claimed to be - but instead professionals whose livelihoods and sometimes lives depended on their mastery of literary trends, their ability to entertain their master, and even an advisor and boon companion.

Trickster's list of patrons included governors, sons of sultans, and finally the sultans themselves. Each of these held him in progressively greater esteem. Due to the turbulence of the time, however, one cannot but complement Trickster's ability to offer seemingly sincere praise of his new patron after they had launched a bloody coup against his old patron.

Allows Trickster to select a patron and "offer praise" to him, in the form of writing poetry. This can raise one rank of whatever two status parameters the patron chooses - Strength, Agility, Endurance, etc. The choice of patron cannot be changed until the death of the original patron, even if the effect is actively refused by the patron or by Trickster himself.

Sufi Mysticism B
    A skill showing Trickster to be an adherent of Sufism, variously defined as "Islamic mysticism", "the mystical expression of Islam", or "inward Islam". Sufis (as the adherents are known) can be characterized by their asceticism and their practice of dhikr, repetition of prayers. Often they were missionaries and educators in Muslim society.

Trickster was a disciple of Muhammad Nizamuddin Auliya, an Indian Sufi saint of the Chishti Order. Like his predecessors he stressed love as a means of realising God, and in his poems he described being a blushing married bride faced with God, his husband. Loving God meant loving humanity; distinctions on social, economic or religious status were shunned. Another central belief of Sufism is that one must be an "infidel of love": being irreverent towards the outer trappings of Islam, to the point of daring to utter blasphemies. Some of Trickster's songs or poems are still used for Sufi practice today.

Allows Trickster to make use of karamat (کرامات‎ ), a system of using faith to achieve the miracles of the Muslim saints. This includes the ability to predict the future to a very limited degree, or interpreting the "secrets of hearts". At the highest rank it becomes possible to teleport, though that is a miracle Trickster is unable to achieve.

Father of Qawwali A++
    Qawwali is a form of Sufi devotional singing, created from a fusion of Persian, Arabic, Turkish, and Indian traditions into one whole. It originally prohibited musical instruments, a restriction which was later rescinded. Qawwali are still performed today throughout the Muslim world.

The ghazal, the form in which Khusrow is most adept, are in fact secular-sounding love songs, consisting of two main themes: the joys of drinking and the agony of separation. While they can of course can be - and are - enjoyed in the obvious context, when part of a qawwali these songs express longing for union with the Divine.

Musically speaking they are between 15 and 30 minutes long on average; they begin gently and build to a much higher energy level as if to induce a hypnotic trance in the listener. When Trickster plays the sitar, this indeed the effect he achieves, and with every strum he can mesmerize his audience.

Bond 4

I long for him every moment.
    Night and day, he’s by my side.
    He does all that my heart desires.
    Who, girl, your man?

I long for him every moment.
    Night and day, he’s by my side.
    He does all that my heart desires.
    Who, girl, your man?
    No, it is God.
    ================

Nuh Sipihr
    Nine Heavens

Type: Anti-Group
    Range: 99

The Noble Phantasm of Amir Khusrau, named after his encyclopedic paean to India, the land of his birth. It is, he says in this poem, the greatest paradise for Islam: the bird of paradise is native there, the climate is exquisite, and last but not least, not only his patron but a poet such as himself even lives there.

The point of the text, however, is to instill a sense of distinct culture in Indians and particularly Indian Muslims; much like the Persians and the Arabs, to find their rightful place in the larger ummah that must one day encompass the world.

The Noble Phantasm's function is oddly tricky to utilize, as it lets Trickster play freely with the groups included in a selection that includes himself. For instance, should a group be targeted with an Anti-Group type Noble Phantasm, Trickster can change the selection of the targets to be either more narrow to exclude his allies from the effect, or more broad, so that nearby allies of the attacker are also included within the range of the attack - in other words, turning off friendly fire.

In short, it is a Noble Phantasm that is quite useless on its own. Only when paired with specific categories of Noble Phantasms that must, by necessity, be owned by others can it show its true usefulness.

Bond 5

He stays up all night alone with me,
    and only leaves at the crack of dawn.
    His departure breaks my heart.
    Who, girl, your man?

He stays up all night alone with me,
    and only leaves at the crack of dawn.
    His departure breaks my heart.
    Who, girl, your man?
    No, an oil lamp.
    ================

Trickster's personality is that of a kind and jovial grandfather, talking to his grandchildren. He loves to tell stories much like his own grandfather did to him, and as he possesses every bit of the verbal verve and vast vocabulary he did in life his stories are a pleasure to hear.

Kama:
    Why, hello there! Yes, yes. You are an exquisite vision of beauty, indeed! My, what beautiful colours you wear, by what fantastic geometry did God decide to create you! Ah, God is great indeed! Like does indeed recognize like.

You? Haha! You could be my daughter, girl. No, I refer to your parrot. Might I touch it?

Medb:
    Your 'love', madam? That is base lust. Pray do not confuse the two.

Bonnie and Clyde/Alcyone & Ceyx:
    ... My word! Yes, this is it! Inspiration strikes me, Master! Get me a quill, I feel a poem coming on!

Creator Notes:
    Poetry's an art, deception's an art, so riddles which are both are double art. That's mathematics for you, baby, and that's an art as well. Credit for the translation of most of these riddles goes to In the Bazaar of Love: The Selected Poetry of Amir Khusrau by Paul E. Losensky and Sunil Sharma. A few are sourced from random internet articles. Theme song which honestly can't really be linked to Trickster at all but is an absolute delight to listen to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwVtIPeYIeQ
    Last edited by NMR-3; October 23rd, 2021 at 11:35 AM.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Blog Entries
    code for NP is broken, you forgot color in the class skill and the father skill name is smaller than the rest

thats a pleasant surprise. A middle eastern servant and a fanmade class. there were others tricksters floating around here, but after a quick check, your take is unique.
    As unique as the introduction to each segment, well done! Thats the creativity i wished to see here. I hate them tho because i got most of them wrong, despite my firt thought being correct and then second guessing my answer.
    I guess his quote for Lover/Pretender was your reaction as well?
    His Np is really unique and damn niche, but I can see it being some kind of life saver in the right situation. I like such design.
    The typical NMR serenity of your sheets shines through yet again.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    code for NP is broken, you forgot color in the class skill and the father skill name is smaller than the rest

thats a pleasant surprise. A middle eastern servant and a fanmade class. there were others tricksters floating around here, but after a quick check, your take is unique.
    As unique as the introduction to each segment, well done! Thats the creativity i wished to see here. I hate them tho because i got most of them wrong, despite my firt thought being correct and then second guessing my answer.
    Lol. There's more riddles but they apparently mostly involve wordplay in languages I can't speak, like apparently the word for woman in Arabic and the word for fire in Hindavi being homonyms. I figured I'd best keep it to those that are understandable in English.

I guess his quote for Lover/Pretender was your reaction as well?
    His Np is really unique and damn niche, but I can see it being some kind of life saver in the right situation. I like such design.
    The typical NMR serenity of your sheets shines through yet again.
    Yeah, it really was. I'll post my list of concepts of entries I thought of in the CaS thread after the time for submissions is over. The list's fairly long (as it'll be for everyone, I think) but most of them were thrown to the wayside for the contest because I figured that I need something more than just basic stuff to match up the excellent entries so far.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    Yeah, it really was. I'll post my list of concepts of entries I thought of in the CaS thread after the time for submissions is over. The list's fairly long (as it'll be for everyone, I think) but most of them were thrown to the wayside for the contest because I figured that I need something more than just basic stuff to match up the excellent entries so far.
    You can still do them outside the contest
    and if not I recommend to post them in The Womb instead, thats the new place for discarded ideas which can perhaps be born by others.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
    Telesilla: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... OK, OK, I'll give up part of the game. You know, Nukem, I had to my sights a Lee Miller Pseudo-Servant sheet, the photographer housing within her the Muses as described by Hesiod (bringers of forgetfulness, through the arts) and as enumerated by Varro (Melete, Mneme, Aoide), and was deciding on whether she should be a Berserker or a Watcher. But -- HAH -- UPSTAGED!!!
    You can still do it. Don’t let your idea’s just be idea’s.

Blog Entries

What a fantastic dream…

A maiden, sick with loneliness, forced to serve a role she has no desire to. On snowy evenings, she gazes out into the night sky, the snowflakes dancing among the stars, and prays that something, anything, can come save her from her own powerlessness.

And in time, her prayers are answered. A handsome prince sweeps her off her feet and does everything in his power to fight for her, for a future where they can be together and live freely!

Such a delightful fairy tale… So terribly naïve, but… isn’t it wonderful to imagine?

The light of the summon faded away and standing before the Master was a figure in an elegant dress with an elegant assault rifle. A life-size wooden mannequin in similarly elegant but decidedly more masculine garb loomed behind her as she curtsied gracefully.

“Greetings, you cute little thing. Servant, Archer. I do hope I can be of use despite my… rather mismatched class. Don’t you think a dainty little thing like me is much more suited to being a Caster?”

Archer of Festive Song and Tragic Love, Act I

“Oh, my name? Well… I wanna see if you can figure it out yourself, first! Here’s a hint: I’m a beautiful maiden, trapped in the form of a swan. But am I white… or am I black? Teehee!”

“…”

“Ah, and feel free to pay my dance partner no mind. He’s a buzzkill by nature.”

Class: Archer
    Other Classes: Caster (Double Summon with Gunner only), Lover
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral (Princess), Lawful Neutral (Prince), True Neutral (altogether)
    Place of Origin: Russia

Parameters:
    STR: D
    END: E
    AGI: D
    MGI: A
    LCK: C
    NP: B++

Dislikes: traditionalism, loud noises, public speaking
    Natural Enemy: Servants associated with rats, evil sorcerers, staunch conservatives
    Armament: A menagerie of summoned magical sprites and animate toys. Also a Kalashnikov.
    Catalyst: A baton, snapped in two

Class Skills:

Independent Action E(X):
    “My tale is a sorrowful one, marred by curses and restriction. By myself, I confess I’m rather useless. But thanks to my strapping prince here, I’m never really alone! I mean, between you and me, we both know I deserve at least an 8, buuut can’t be picky!”

“…”

Magic Resistance E:
    “I am from a time of mages, but like I said, the curse… Hmm? Why do I have a firearm? Oh, well, um…”

“… …”

“To be honest, this specific model wasn’t around when I was alive, I’m quite certain. I think it might be just a consequence of… my Noble Phantasm. I’d rather not say more.”

Personal Skills:

Pas de Deux A:
    “As you can clearly see, I have a dance partner. He looks pretty lifeless, but once we’re dancing together, we can accomplish some scary stuff! Ah, the beauty of two souls moving in harmony… Quite the advantage over plain ol’ one-body servants, huh?”

“… … …”

Innocent Monster C:
    “Oh, Master, won’t you hear my tale of woe? The dastardly owl-wizard turned me and all my sisters into waterfowl, so now I—hmm? You say I don’t actually look very swanlike? And this skill is about misguided public perceptions rather than factual body alterations?”

“… …”

“O-of course, how right you are, Master. Y-you see, since everyone remembers me as a swan, it makes me… extra graceful and beautiful, like a swan is! Here, watch me twirl!”

Swan Lake A+:
    “Ah, now here’s the best part. The crystallization of my tale, the embodiment of elegance and tragedy. This allows me to draw upon my… My… Wait. This is a Personal Skill? How is this not a Noble Phantasm?!”

The sound of a snicker can be heard, but its place of origin is unclear. The princess seems frustrated.

“Ugh, whatever. Point is I can summon, like, swans and stuff, to help me fight.”

Farewell in B Minor B-:
    “Alright, so this one, um… Hmm…”

“…Enough of this.”

The Master is a bit taken aback. It seemed as though the “prince” spoke with that hinged wooden jaw.

“Ehhh? What do you mean, Seigfried?”

“That is NOT my name, and what I MEAN is, how long do you intend to misguide our master with preposterous fantasies? This is a serious situation, they need accurate information about us! Besides, don’t you think hidden identity sheets are a bit played out? Leave that to Fakers and Pretenders and the like.”

Looking closer, the wooden jaw was clearly moving, but the masculine voice that seemed to be coming from the wooden doll seems… remarkably similar to that of the princess. Was this… ventriloquism?

“Bah, you think I don’t know that? I was just having a little fun, is that a crime?”

“Well, consider your fun had. Tag me in.”

“…See what I mean, Master? Total stick in the mud.”

The princess sighs, pouts, rolls her eyes, but doesn’t put up much of a fight. Instead, she takes the mannequin in her arms and dances with it, pulling it into a spectacular spin. Snowflakes gather and swirl around them…The spin stops in a dramatic pose, with the princess held in the air by the wooden prince. Only now, the prince is clearly not wooden at all, the features of a handsome adult human man filling out his clothes. In contrast, the figure being held aloft is now made entirely of translucent glass, the sculpture’s features indistinct. The gentleman very gently sets the glass body down before turning to the Master.

Archer of Festive Song and Tragic Love, Act II

“My sincerest apologies on his behalf, Master. Er, sorry, her? Let's go with her, just to make things simpler.”

“Hey, rude!” chimed in the glass princess, despite the apparent mouthlessness.

“Anyway, I suppose some reintroductions are in order. There are two things my other half got right, though. Our class IS Archer, and it IS an unconscionable outrage.”

Lore
    Archer’s True Name is Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky. They are a single Heroic Spirit, though one half prefers to go by Petrolina. Petrolina answers equally to male, female, and neutral pronouns, but will be referred to as she/her hereon for ease of distinguishing between them.

In his youth, Tchaikovsky expressed both keen interest and clear aptitude for the musical arts. But it was Russia in the mid-19th century, and “music” was not really an available career path with any social standing, so he attended a school of jurisprudence and worked as a civil servant for a time. But when Tsar Alexander II made a push for fostering local culture, resulting in Anton Rubenstein founding schools of music, Tchaikovsky quickly abandoned that dreary career, studying musical theory enthusiastically. Unfortunately, while his talent was clear to all the teachers, even Rubenstein himself, they did not take kindly to some of his unorthodox ideas.

This would mark a trend for the bulk of his career. Most of the Russian composition scene was staunchly of the opinion that music should be nationalist and traditional, evocative of folk songs, and generally made the same way it always had been. Meanwhile, Tchaikovsky wanted to learn from western practices, incorporate them into composition, allowing Russian music to evolve into something new while retaining its own voice. He constantly received pushback and made concessions and compromises frequently. Eventually, Dostoyevsky popularized the idea of unity with the west, and people started at his works in a newer light. His popularity rose, his funding increased, and his personal life... did not improve much. He still experienced bouts of anxiety and depression, and the only marriage he would ever have functionally lasted less than three months.

This is because there was something in Tchaikovsky’s private life that no amount of “western unity” was ever going to make publicly acceptable. An aspect of himself he did not choose to be, but could not deny. An aspect he only shared with those closest to him, such as his brother Modest or his artistic patron Nadezhda von Meck. His letters to his brother especially lamented his fate, to have his works beloved by a populace who would revile him if they knew who he was, how he loved. He would usually sign his letters only with “P. Tchaikovsky”, an unusual practice for addressing family, and on a few occasions would sign letters to Modest as “your darling and lovely sister, Petrolina”.

Tchaikovsky channeled much of this angst into his pieces, telling stories about the beauty and power of love, and the tragedy of those that fail to understand it trying to destroy it. Ultimately, the man became renowned worldwide, and while his symphonies and operas were what he was most proud of, he is today best known for his ballets and that chord that plays in cartoons when someone falls in love, along with one particular stand-alone composition...

Skills
    Class Skills:

Independent Action E(X):
    Archer struggled greatly in life with the concept of independence, ostensibly affording them a remarkably low rank. However, due to their unique summoning, one can remain by Master’s side while the other travels elsewhere, and mana can be transmitted between the two bodies.

Magic Resistance E:
    Archer is a relatively modern Servant but gets a few extra points for the magical myths associated with them via Innocent Monster, just enough to get this skill at minimum rank.

Personal Skills:

Pas de Deux A:
    Tchaikovsky’s life was one of constant contradiction. He hated his country, but patriotism was compulsory. He hated ballets as an artform, yet the three he produced are among his most recognizable and acclaimed works. He passionately felt one way, but had to act another. This theme of diametric opposition, this gulf between the persona and shadow, the id and superego, manifests in this skill.

Archer physically manifests in two bodies. One, the “prince”, is a straight-laced, no-nonsense classical Russian gentleman, a skilled but clearly repressed composer that likes to keep to himself. This is the Tchaikovsky presented to the word in life. The other, the “princess”, is… flamboyant, to say the least. All the impulses and desires that the prince perceives himself as unable to act upon bubble up and out through her.

One of the two is usually designated at any time to be the “primary” of the two, causing the distinct human-like features of the other to fade until authority is shifted back. If the one not acting as the “primary” is destroyed, the Spirit Core remains, allowing the remaining half an opportunity to reconstitute a vessel with magical energy.

Innocent Monster C:
    A similar phenomenon to Curse of the Readers, whereupon an artist’s work paints over the perception of the artist themselves. In this case, superficially, Archer’s two halves are made to vaguely resemble Odette and the Nutcracker Prince. The feminine body is also gifted aptitude with ballet dance, and the masculine body is granted an operatic vocal range, though the latter employs this gift infrequently.

As an additional effect, this skill also contains an anecdote regarding Tchaikovsky in life perceiving themselves as unnaturally fragile, fearing his head would fall to one side if not supported. As such, Petrolina’s body appears as if it’s made of glass, and Pyotr’s body is built like a jointed wooden toy, making both of them remarkably fragile. This effect is de-emphasized for whichever half of Archer is the currently “active” aspect.

Zimniye Gryozy A+:
    Named after Tchaikovsky’s first symphony, Winter Daydreams, this skill encapsulates the major themes of most of his recognizable work. His most famous pieces (with the exception of That composition) evoke imagery of love, the holiday season, or both.

Archer can draw upon the magic of music to summon abstractions from their compositions. Many of their works in life were adaptations, more closely associated with some other artist, so the bulk of their summoning repertoire draws from Swan Lake and The Nutcracker Suite. They can conjure sugarplum fairies, toy soldiers, swan backup dancers, and even a multiheaded rat king.

This would ordinarily be one of their Noble Phantasms under a different name, however, Pyotr takes very little pride in his ballets, and having two Noble Phantasms of works he hated was an unbearable thought. Thus, at his request, it has been downgraded to a skill.

Farewell in B Minor B-:
    As he was working on it, Tchaikovsky described his sixth symphony, Pateticheskaya, to those close to him as his most important work. When asked if it had a “program”, a story being told by the music, he would answer yes, but not elaborate. On its premiere, it was very weakly received, with audiences finding it very middling compared to the hype around it. When the composer perished around a week after the premiere, people looked at it differently.

Immediately, rumors began to circulate that the symphony was a suicide note. Officially, the cause of death was cholera contracted from drinking unfiltered local water during an epidemic. But the symptoms could theoretically be attributed to arsenic. Did the capital get tired of having such a prominent icon of the nation being so widely rumored as gay, and pressured him to make an exit? Did he see that as inevitable, and leave on his own terms? Or did he actually get cholera, but contract it from a less savory source than tap water? To this day, it is a topic of debate among music historians.

This sense of Mystery surrounding Archer’s death is condensed into this skill, allowing them to channel the passion of that sixth symphony to evade death. If Archer’s “active” body is destroyed while the other still exists and is within a certain distance (eyeshot, roughly), the Spirit Core can be transferred to that other body instantaneously, allowing for the Servant to persist a moment longer. This gives the “duo” remarkable survivability despite their pitiable durability.

Noble Phantasm
    Masterpiece Without Warmth or Love
    1812 Overture
    Anti-Army Type, Rank B++

An insincere triumph of patriotic zeal. A celebratory anthem devoid of artistic merit. A cacophony of tasteless noise in E-flat major. Fall before the auditory assault of my hollow magnum opus!

There is one thing Archer is known for above all else: the first orchestral score that called for an “artillery” section. When this Noble Phantasm is activated, Archer summons an ephemeral ensemble of mannequins with a wide variety of instruments, which begin playing the climax of this emblematic piece. Enemies are assaulted with not only with sound waves, but artillery fire.

By default, Archer’s orchestral arsenal is stocked with two violins, a cello, cymbals, a timpani, a snare drum, three tuba, two trumpets, two trombones, two church bells, and seven cannons. Archer is able to add to this by physically coming into contact with extra instruments before deployment of the Noble Phantasm. Further, since the basis of this technique is the “revolutionary thinking”, any ranged weaponry that produces sound can be qualified as an instrument. This can allow 1812 Overture to do ludicrous amounts of damage if Archer can access heavy weapons during their manifestation.

In a real Holy Grail War type setting, this should only be used very sparingly. Not only because of how glaringly obvious it will make Archer’s true name, but because it will sour your Servant’s mood and potentially their attitude towards you for making them perform it. They really, really hate this piece.

Personality
    Pyotr has a passion for the arts. He believes in musical structure, but is always looking for new revolutions to be made of traditional strategies, finding those who do what has always been done boorish. He is fascinated by the musical techniques of foreign lands, and tends to be his own harshest critic.

As for Petrolina… That all still applies.

It is important to understand that, despite the clearly different ways they express themselves, Pyotr and Petrolina are two halves of the same Tchaikovsky. There only the single personality.

Imagine a ventriloquist. A ventriloquist and their dummy have different names. During the act, they speak to one another. They have different vocal inflections, different temperaments, and one will say things the other doesn’t approve of. But at the end of the day, there is only one person on stage.

Don’t ask them which of them is the puppet in that analogy. It gets ugly.

"...Can I get tagged back in yet?"

"Tch. Tell you what, let's comprimise."

The duo again spins together, but when the spin stops, they are both mostly animate-looking, though each has one arm visibly made of glass or wood. Petrolina's outfit has changed significantly to a leotard-tutu combo with a black feather boa and multicolored glowstick bracelets, and Pyotr has added a drum major's hat and headphones around his neck.

"Ah, perfect! Now we can really introduce ourselves in style!"

Relationships
    Siegfried: “Oh! If it isn’t the REAL Siegfried! Oh dear, how awkward… Now I'll have to chose…”

“Er, I don’t believe the Siegfried in the ballet is the same as the mythological dragon-slayer…”

“Shh! Don’t blow this for me!”

Elisabeth Bathory: “Nobody warned us, so we sat in on one of her rehearsals…”

“Four minutes in, she hit a note so sour I shattered into a hundred pieces.”

“You’re lucky, you only had to listen to four minutes of it!”

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: “*hyperventilates*”

“Omigosh, Omigosh, I can’t believe it. He’s here! He’s here, oh my GOD!!”

“A-ahem. It is a pleasure to meet my inspiration. I would be honored if I could perform my Mozartiana for you some time.”

“Oh my god, don’t tell him you wrote a whole orchestral suite about him, that’s creepy!”

“I-it’s affectionate. At least I didn’t keep a shrine in my house with the original Don Giovanni manuscript like my ex-fiance did!”

“You would have, if you had it.”

“WE’RE FINISHED SPEAKING OF THIS.”

Jeanne d’Arc: “Ah, the Maid of Orleans! I wrote a little opera about your exploits, I’m sure you’ve heard of it.”

“We had some talks about putting on a production of it here, but your… friend? With the funny eyes? He kept injecting himself into the process, making demands about the direction, and we just got tired of it.”

Iskandar: “Oh, heavens above, I'm getting the vapors. I’ve never wanted to be snapped in half more in my whole life!”

“For god’s sake, please. I understand how you feel. But this isn’t a Heroic Spirit you should be pursuing.”

“Ugh! Are you blind?! Why the hell not?”

Zhuge Liang: “…Ah, I see. Forgive me, I didn’t realize…”

“I-I think, for the sake of the tactician here, that we shouldn’t speak further on the matter. But just know that… we can understand what it’s like. Hang in there, my good man.”

Chevalier d’Eon or Astolfo: “I know everyone’s experience is different, but… I just feel like these are my people, you know? Like, they GET it. Guess they let you do anything with your gender in France, huh?”

“I’m not sure it was quite that simple… But I can understand your sentiment.”

Anastasia Nikolaevna Romanov: “Oho, another snowy maiden from the motherland, I see~”

“I must say, I’m surprised you qualified for the Throne, given your… life circumstances. But I’m glad. Being the only Russian here would be an oppressive amount of pressure.”

Meltryllis: “FRAUD! THEFT! INFRINGEMENT! Can somebody explain why this no-name hussy is running about with MY ballet as a Skill?”

“She could at least have the decency to look good doing it. No offense, girlfriend, but you’re making some awfully bold fashion choices for some with all the curves of a Soviet brick.”

“I don’t normally endorse this kind of talk, but screw it. Get her ass.”

“What ass?”

“Oh my GOD! You're relentless!”

Antonia Salieri: “Another aficionado! I would be elated to discuss the finer points of Mo—”

“Wait! Weren’t warned not to say that name around him?”

“Oh, right. Well, um. I suppose we could discuss some contemporaries who AREN’T gifts from God. Wagner, perhaps? I love ripping into that guy.”

William Shakespeare: “Heavens, the Bard of Avon here as well?! I’m a huge fan. I’ve even composed a few fantasias about your most resonant works.”

“… *weary sigh* Whenever I think of Romeo and Juliet, I just can’t help but think of Eduard, you know?”

“… I know. Even now, it’s hard to believe that he’s just… gone…”

Ivan the Terrible: “My relationships with tsars have not been very happy ones, but what Russian wouldn’t be at least a little excited to actually meet Ivan the DEAR GOD.”

“That size! Those muscles! The surging lightning! He’s like an electric bodybuilder from Ru—”

“A-ahem, well. I was warned you weren’t MY Ivan the Terrible. Still, I hear you’ve in the market for a new court musician. Perhaps give one of my operas a listen? I’ve one especially about your secret police.”

“Bodyguards.”

“Right, yes, bodyguards”.

Napoleon: “Ooh la la! I can tell you’re a real ambitious man with a passionate heart. Why don’t you lug your big strong cannon over to my room? I’ll leave the gates of Moscow completely defenseless~”

“Ugh, would it kill you to have some standards? The man’s personality is a garbage fire a l’orange!”

“I know, I know, but I could bounce a ruble off his caboose! Does that count for nothing?”

“… … …”

“Oh, NOW he’s got nothing to say.”

Bodhmall and Liath Luachra: “Yes, girls, work it! Love wins! Oh man, isn’t that the dream? Running off into the forest and finding love… We could write a piece about this!"

"Hmm, a fantasia, or a ballet... Actually, perhaps I could step out of my comfort zone and compose a lofi hip hop ballad?"

Marie Tussaud: *quietly activates Farewell in B Minor and hopes that works*

"Bonnie & Clyde": "Aw cute! That's two adorable sapphic couples now! And that's not even counting those pirates."

"One of those is a man, idiot."

"...Huh? I thought that was the whole thing with Bonnie and Clyde. Two girls on a cross nation crime spree, end it by driving into the Grand Canyon. They're iconic!"

"You're thinking of a 90's movie by Ridley Scott."

"Am I? Damn. Well, still. As a couple who the law disagreed with and ultimately turned into birds, I still feel a strong emotional resonance."

"Okay, now where are you getting birds?"

"Huh? Oh, I... Hm, no idea. Must still be confused."

Brokk & Sindri: "Lot of duos around here. Would you be willing to take commissions? I've been coming up with some ideas that could take our Noble Phantasm to the next level. Two words. Gatling. Harpsicord."

"Just promise not to sing when we pick it up."

Telesilla: "Oh my, we can just... file for divine blessing? We could, dare I imagine it, approach Mozart's level!"

"Between Euterpe, Melpomene, Erato, and Terpsichore, we'd be shoe-ins!"

"...It frightens me you have the names and roles of that many Greek muses available off the top of your head, but I suppose its to our advantage."

Dorian Gray: "Ha! Just what the world needed, an immortal art critic."

"I don't much care for this guy. But on some level, I respect and admire his lifestyle."

Marie-Jeanne Rose Bertin: "..."

"...Odd to see you flustered around a woman. Something on your mind? Perhaps a commission you'd like to make?"

"... (Ugh, it's just too embarassing...! Why is this what trips me up?)"

Giuseppe Tartini: "Ah, yes, I think I remember reading about him at university. He's no Mozart, obviously, but who is?"

"Think that means he's in our league?"

"Oh hush, we can certainly do better than-- th-that's not the issue here!"

Bond Lines
    Bond 1, on the subject of each other

“Well, obviously by our very natures we clash on almost everything, due to what we represent, but ultimately, we get along fine enough.”

“Yeah. We can’t stand each other, but we’ve got the same heart, at the end of the day.”

“Actually, wait, if I’m supposed to be public perception of Tchaikovsky, where’s my beard?”

“Oh, Antonina? I doubt she’s a Heroic Spirit, so…”

“Hey! You’ve been spending too much time around that old man with the long name…”

Bond 2, on the subject of women

“Speaking of our wife, I really can’t help but feel a bit bad, you know?”

“Agreed. I should have been clearer with her regarding the self-preservatory nature of my intentions with the union when we were first engaged. Instead, I wound up marrying a woman who was madly infatuated with me.”

“The nightmare scenario.”

“Of course, in Russia at the time, you couldn’t legally be divorced unless adultery was involved. I had, quite unsurprisingly, not been with any WOMEN since I fled from her home, her options were to confess her own infidelity, or persist with a husband who cannot stand her.”

“She eventually had three children, so WE could have taken action, but staying connected and regularly sending money seemed like a safe way to handle her, lest she start spreading inconveniently true rumors in her abandonment.”

“On the subject of send money, though, I would be remiss if I did not pay my respects to von Meck. A woman with as much social anxiety as myself, with whom I agreed on many things, from musical trends to the failures of the marriage institution. I never explicitly told her my most secret vice, but I think she gathered as much. It would explain how she could be so stricken with affection for me, yet never make any pretense to romance.”

“But enough about girls! How about we dish some goss on that big strong hunk of chocolate I met in the Amercias who—”

“Stop.”

Bond 3, on the subject of Noble Phantasms

“Ugh, absolutely unacceptable It’s such an utterly brainless piece. First of all, La Marseillaise would NOT have been played by the Grande Armie, Napoleon changed the national anthem during his reign. I only used that because the common audience has probably never heard of THAT song but everyone knows ‘The France Song’.”

“And God Save the Tsar wasn’t even composed yet in 1812 either!”

“Jesus, and the bells and cannons are so asynchronous and noisy, the motifs are so heavy-handed…”

“And you know where this piece that’s overtly about France fighting Russia is played the most? The United States, on its Independence Day. I guess being loud and patriotic is all that matters.”

“It’s my most pathetic, passionless, meritless piece I’ve ever made by a kilometer. And it’s my legacy.”

“If there’s one thing we agree on, it’s how much this sucks ass.”

Bond 4, on the subject of family

“Oh, I was never very close to my parents, for obvious reasons. My brother Modest, though, was a reliable confidant.”

“It was through correspondence with him that I was ‘born’, you might say. He was the only person really close to us that we could be totally upfront with about our desires. And it was cute how much he tried to imitate us!”

“Tch. Speak for yourself, I found it grating.”

“Sasha was fairly close, too. Her loss devastated us enough that we cranked out Swan Lake! And then of course… our nephew…”

“*sigh* Oh, Bob… I suppose this should be addressed. I did love him, of course, but not in any… untoward degree, as some scholars might gather. I confess that, in retrospect, I came on strongly in my familial affection, and perhaps sent the wrong kind of message. I merely… I wanted someone. The world had made it clear that love was not in the plan for me. I would never get my own Romeo, my own prince.”

“But I was just… full of so much love, I had to find an outlet! And he really was adorable! But ultimately, showering him with praise and affection… just served as a reminder of how out of place I was in this world… I regret much of it, now.”

Bond 5, on the subject of the Grail

“A wish, a wish… Well, if it were possible, I would eradiacate all bigotry from the Earth with a snap of my fingers. Make it so kids can grow up and find out who they’re meant to me and hwo they’re meant to love, without cruel restrictions.”

“…”

“…Something the matter?”

“N-no, nothing really…”

...Bond 10, off the record

The duo is sat alone in the mess hall. The prince is sipping tea while reading a novel, and the princess is nibbling on scones, mind clearly elsewhere.

“…Hey, Petie?”

“What is it now?”

“…Do you think I’m a woman?”

He shuts his book around his thumb and looks at her, dazed for a few seconds before speaking. “…Huh?”

“I mean, I just… Look at Da Vinci. She’s so clearly and passionately a woman, even though she lived her whole life as if she was a man, and the Grail changed her body when she manifested to match it. And I’m like that, but only partially, so I was wondering.”

“That’s…” He sets the book down, abandoning his place. “What? Why would you… How would I know that any better than you?”

“Well, you’re more ‘the real Tchaikovsky’ than me. So, if anyone had insight as to what he was like in life…”

“Silence. Cease these preposterous notions at once.”

“Huh?”

“Petrolina, listen. You are as much Tchaikovsky as I am. In fact, in my opinion, you are the article I’d consider more ‘real’. I’m simply the airs he put on, you’re his inner feelings.”

“What? No, I…”

“The fact is, neither of is ‘Tchaikovsky in life’, because he’s dead. Ascribing modern labels to a man who has been buried ofr over a hundred years is folly. We can only look at ourselves, as we’ve manifested. So tell me, do you, yourself, FEEL like a woman, or a man in a dress?”

The princess is silent for a moment. Her face looks tumultuous. The prince moves to clarify.

“Please, keep in mind that ‘both’ or ‘neither’ are perfectly acceptable answers.”

“...They are?”

“Of course they are. You think if I asked Astolfo that question, he’d give me a straight answer?”

“Heh. No, I don't.”

“Look. The mere fact that you exist here and now is inherently a point against the theory that Tchaikovsky, were he born today, would end up simply a man, as designated at birth. At the same time, the idea that he was a flat out closeted woman is dampened by MY existence. As you pointed out, we have an example in Da Vinci. The way I look at it, it’s like… You’re familiar with drag queens, yes?”

“… Do I look like someone unfamiliar with drag queens?”

The prince cracked a smile. She was making quips, that was a good sign. “Well, it’s a large umbrella. Some drag queens are homosexual men, crossdressing as an act of defiance of gender norms. Some are in fact transgender women, who can only be their true selves at certain venues and elect to be as theatrical about it as possible. And many more as just… somewhere in between that. I think that’s you. I think that’s us.”

“I’m… surprised you’re this well-informed.”

“Hmph,” he mutters, pausing to sip his tea again instead of elaborating.

“But… Well, that’s part of what I’m worried about. I’ve based so much of my identity around being camp gay. If it turns out I’m… not a man, then… what am I?”

The princess tries her best to not appear on the verge of tears. Her success in the endeavor is debatable.

He sighs gently. “Petrolina, again you ask all the wrong questions. Let me ask you this: Is Gilgamesh straight?”

She snorts with laughter, taken completely off-guard by the absurdity of the question. “Um, is one plus two four?”

“Ha, very well. And tell me, his relationship with Enkidu, would you characterize that as a straight one?”

“Um… Well, no? This feels like a trick question, of course they’re gay. Oldest gay couple in recorded history.”

“Ah, but Enkidu isn’t the same gender as Gilgamesh, are they?”

“…Oh! But… Huh.”

“See? The way I see it, if you’re ‘in between’, even just a little, your attraction or repulsion to any gender is as 'gay' as you elect it to be. Your identity will be just fine.”

For a while, neither of them say anything more. The prince picks his book up and begins skimming pages to find where he left off.

“…Petie?”

“Hm?”

“That was… the first time you used my new name.”

He tries to his his blush in his teacup. “W-well, is that so? I haven’t been avoiding it on purpose, at least not consciously…”

“…So you’re not, like. You’re not ashamed of me?”

The prince peers up from his book and looks into her mismatched eyes.

“Do you remember when we would get really frustrated by our brother Modest? And after a while thinking on it, without fail, we’d realize it was something he picked up from us? And we were really just angry at ourselves, but couldn’t articulate it until we’d see it externally?”

The princess wipes her eyes on the sleeve of her dress. “Alright, alright, I get it…”

“I am proud of you, Petrolina. It takes so much courage to be yourself as much as you have been.”

Another stretch of silence between the two before they resume their activities.

Petrolina mumbles a thank you through a mouthful of crumbs, half-hoping she isn’t heard. Pyotr pretends he didn’t hear it, but can’t help but smile anyway.

Bond Craft Essence
    Little Briar Rose
    (Art description: A single glass rose rests on a short stack of sheet music, held in place by a paperweight resembling a matryoshka doll.)

Once, I took it upon myself to read the Divine Comedy. The fifth canto had a portion that always stuck out to me. Francesca da Rimini, a noblewoman forced to marry someone terrible and cruel for political reasons. She fell in love with her terrible spouse’s own brother, and the two consummated that love.

For this act, for following their heart instead of the rules, they were killed, and damned for eternity.

As I penned a symphonic poem-fantasia, spurred on by an upwell of passion, I couldn’t help but ask myself…

When Francesca and I meet in the second circle of Hell, would we get along?

FGO Kit Details, Just For Fun
    4* Archer Tchaikovsky would have a BAAAQ deck with a AOE Buster Noble Phantasm. It deals extra damage to Servants with the Conqueror tag, lowers Crit Chance for all enemies, and has a high chance to inflict both Skill Seal and NP Seal on enemies with the French tag.

Their Buster animation would be both dashing forward, smashing the enemy between cymbals, then hopping on a conjured cannon, which fires directly into the enemy while launching the duo to their starting position.

Their Arts animations would involve summoning gingerbread men on snare drums, sugarplum fairies on flutes, or swans on violins, which float through the air and smash into the enemy.

Their Quick animation is two person-height toy soldiers appearing on either side of Petrolina, and all three fire rifles at the enemy.

Their Extra attack animation would be summoning a multi-headed Rat King. Petrolina runs from it with theatrical distress and hides behind the enemy, causing the Rat King to attack it viciously before a piano is spawned above and crushed the rat and enemy both.

Pas de Deux would be a passive skill that grants +3000 HP every time a Guts buff is triggered.

Innocent Monster C would grant critical stars per turn for 3 turns with a defensive debuff demerit, as usual. An Interlude can upgrade it to additionally gives a 3 turn attack buff to allies with the Santa trait.

Zimniye Gryozy A+ would increase Arts card damage and Buster card NP gain for 5 turns.

Farewell in B Minor B- would grant 1 time 5 turn Guts, a 3 turn Death Resist Up, and a small amount of critical stars.

Little Briar Rose would grant Charm Resist Up by 200%, NP Strength +10%, NP Gain +10%, and Star Drop Rate +10% for each defensive debuff Archer has.

Tchaikovsky would have the Humanoid, Brynhildr's Beloved, Unknown Gender, and Weak to Enuma Elish traits, as well as the Feminine-looking trait when not in their 2nd ascension.

Creator's Notes
    And here’s my “real” entry. A month may pass where I don't make any Servants that are either multiple people or politically charged. Won't be October 2021.

I’ve been wanting to make this servant for years, and now I finally had an excuse to bring them to life. I also wanted to wait a bit more after my first entry but I couldn't stop working on this, I was just enraptured.

Last edited by Drangle; June 2nd, 2022 at 04:15 PM. Reason: a few less relationships

Blog Entries
    i hate it how much i like your style of making sheets, despite your general political messaging.
    Let me hate you in peace.
    Great sheet, was waiting for someone like him. Guess I dont have to write him on my to do list. You used his works, had in depth character, dialogue shows again it is your strongest suit, creative class, creative concept. Minimum top 5 contender rn imo.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    How this sheet ain't shy, or how the other half isn't a certain shy benefactor, will be a mystery to me.
    Noob here. Sorry about that.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Damn, another good entry. This is one take on the guy I've never considered, and you've pulled it off excellently. This'll be a tight contest for sure.

Blog Entries
    I often find myself wondering about what art can achieve.
    In such a period, everyone is struggling, and they seem all too powerless.
    To begin with, I'm not the kind of painter who can leave an impression on someone,
    My strokes are incapable of creating pictures that move people's hearts.
    My work... is just my own footnote.

Meaningful work, what is that?
    Meaningless works, what then?
    I feel... the road is getting narrower and narrower, the road leading to that place...
    Maybe when I arrive, only the color of stars will accompany me.

It doesn't matter, everyone who walks on this road is like this,
    Willing to abandon everything in order to reach the highest point.
    The scenery that can't be forgotten as long as you have seen it once,
    It fills up all the retreats.
    After seeing it, I realized that
    I can't draw anything better than that.

Even if it is a curse, these hands have tried to reach it desperately.
    At the same time, I understand that my painting can’t leave anything,
    It’s meaningless, nothing can be done, and yet—

What material should I use to draw today?
    Eh… Polonium? Cyanide? Thallium? But then the painting will be invisible...
    It’s fine Mr. Star, if you’re hungry, you can ask for stronger colours! E-eh…! blood again?

Art is something that requires life.
    Even the most insignificant work of art consumes the life and soul of its artist.
    Even knowing this, she still had the courage to continue creating her worthless art.
    Even as her soul melts and her body burns.

There once was a young girl who found a piece of a star.
    The star fragment had a pure colour of indescribable beauty, as if it did not belong to this world.
    The young girl was very fond of the star, and she kept it as a shooting star charm of good luck.
    She soon became obsessed with it, and she gave up everything she had to recreate its colours.
    She thought that she’s only pursuing her artistic dream, to chase after the ephemeral night sky.

There once was a star who got lost into an unfamiliar place.
    It was a beautiful place, complex and prosperous, populated by all kinds of creatures.
    The star loved the place so much that it can’t help but to consume everything it sees.
    It couldn’t understand anything, it only followed its own logic and instinct to keep itself alive.
    From its perspective, love is the same as consumption, and life is the same as colours.

The colour and the painter attained a resonance.
    In order to chase her humble dreams, the young girl sacrificed her own life.
    The star found itself reflected on the girl’s paintings, and it tried to keep her alive.
    The painting and the brush were inseparable. They were each other’s only companions.
    So the star blanketed its colour across her frail body, as if embracing her.
    The girl and the colour became as one, and the artist and the art the same existence—

Class: Foreigner
    True Name: Miss Gardner
    Alias: “The Radium Girls”
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Origin: Historical Facts and Rumours, The Colour Out of Space

The young girl loved to draw. Since little, there’s not a day when she was not drawing in some form. The young girl dreamt of becoming a painter. But her family were just poor farmers living in the middle of nowhere, and they could not afford to buy her painting equipment.

In order to attain her dream, she left her family to work in the city, and found a job at an industrial plant producing glowing dial watches painted with radium. It was not much of an artistic work, but she thought that she could at least paint something.

After several years of painting with irradiated materials, she, like many of the women working with her, began to feel her body stinging and burning. Yet, she continues to paint, even if what she creates barely even qualifies as art, she had unwittingly sacrificed her life to its creation.

One day, the corporation the young girl worked for began mining what they believe to be radium ores in an undisclosed site west of Massachusetts, close to where the young girl lived. The young girl, being familiar with the area, was chosen to accompany the prospector group, along with several other of her coworkers. In reality, the corporation planned to dispose of them, to avoid public suspicion of their symptoms. Nearby, from within a well on an abandoned farm, a mass of unfathomable colours rose up, sensing a familiar presence—

Parameters:
    STR: E
    END: A
    AGI: D
    MGI: A
    LCK: E
    NP: A

Class Skills:
    Existence Outside the Domain: A+
    Stained with the tint of an alien god, the young girl applies its power to her brush strokes, and she paints the world with unfathomable colours.

Insanity: B
    Anxiety and fear. Obsession and consumption, inviting the world towards its own extinction. A distorted worldview that is unconsciously imposed to the minds of those within her surroundings.

Divinity: B
    Becoming a mirror that reflects an alien light from far away stars, her soul is dyed with condensed divinity. What lies beyond the mirror is a strange existence that threatens to paint the world with its indescribable image.

Personal Skills:
    Mass Production: C++
    The skill to manufacture items in mass quantities. Proof of the hundreds of women who gave their life to manufacture products at the assembly line; their works not even worth being called art. Painting until her body breaks, she rapidly produces dangerous, strange yet beautiful weaponized artworks. The influence of the Colour significantly boosts her production rate, and the things it consumes become fresh materials that cover all resource cost.

What she wishes to create is a gentle painting that inspires life, but all she can produce now are incomprehensible instruments that corrode everything it touches. What can’t be understood is incapable of conveying emotion, what is only capable of harm cannot convey love. Perhaps she hopes that if she creates enough, her message might one day reach someone.

Blasted Heath: A+
    An unnatural urge to consume all light until all that remains is a barren world of grey wasteland. It is a skill in which magical energy and painting materials are produced by absorbing light and colours from the surrounding objects and environment. Similar to a vampire’s blood-sucking urge, all living creatures whose colours are absorbed will slowly mutate into strange beings painted with alien colours.
    The effects on living beings somewhat resemble radioactive sickness and to the environment that of a nuclear fallout.

Colour of Madness: A
    The ability to paint pictures using Imaginary Colours. Using a similar principle yet different method from the system of Imaginary Number Arts, the pictures and paintings drawn with the Imaginary Colours will reveal different images to different observers. Under the influence of the Outer God, such images are inexplicably distorted that it will inflict bizarre nightmares to its onlookers.

To her, the painting that depicts her hometown is a serene farmstead with gentle sunlight. To others, it might be a torturing vision of a painful past. What the colour shows is not “the picture the artist paints”, but a distorted, twisted message that it tried to convey.

Noble Phantasms:
    Undark
    The Colour Out of Space
    Type: Anti-World

Undark. The brand of the luminescent paint product made of radium manufactured by the United States Radium Corporation. In addition to the radioactive material, it also contained a peculiar alien substance from a meteorite that once landed west of Arkham — The Colour Out of Space.

An incomprehensible colour beyond any known light spectrum. A living pigment from the abyss of the stars that sustains itself by consuming light itself. An Outer One that seeks to transform Earth into a painting that reflects its own image. Reaching an agreement with the girl who dreamt of becoming a painter, it had chosen her as the artist that will execute its desired painting.

And so, the little girl began to paint her masterpiece, this Noble Phantasm she obtained after leaving everything behind. A painting no one can understand, a monstrous artwork that seeks to devour all colours and light from the world.

It is a multi-dimensional painting resembling a Reality Marble that expands rapidly in all directions, in which the concept of time and space becomes meaningless, and texture of the world is unrecognizably warped. Everything it touches is consumed and transformed into objects that cannot be described in any language. But unmistakably, there is a hidden message that the painting conveys, a dimly lit path where human logic can still function to some degree. The little girl silently prays to the shooting star that someone will one day discover this path.
    Last edited by Kamera; October 14th, 2021 at 12:52 AM. Reason: added an illustration for the NP

Blog Entries
    Haha. Ironic to see the Anti-Foreigner Man himself do the obvious CooS-painter combo. But credit where credit is due. Combining her with the radium girls is a creative and very fitting choice. Good stuff as always.

I myself dont dare to try use the color because i still doubt to make something close to Claude Monet from pinetree i think. This sheet still rocks

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.