Page 249 of 369 FirstFirst ... 149199239244247248249250251254259299349 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,980 of 7368

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Blog Entries
    Edit: Former post of Gunner 'School Shooter', now no longer an entry in this Contest. Will only show people the original sheet if they request it (such as for context's sake)
    Last edited by NailsInYourFeet; October 6th, 2022 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Retracted definitively

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar
    School Shooter: Well he's an asshole alright. I'm not quite sure how to put more into this other than thinking "yeah, he's kind of screwed in a grail war just by his very nature."

Blog Entries
    I'm going to be real here. This is a lot more offensive than the Nazi sheets.

And I'm part Jewish.

...I know no cure for evil. DracoScribe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh gosh. I'm so nervous and excited... -deep breath, deep breath- Okay! Here's my first sheet! Might do another one. Might. Because I like my idea. Nothing concrete atm...and I definitely want a break after this. XD

"Servant Rider, at your service."

Servant Rider—wait a second! What are you doing here?!"

"I could say the same for you, numbskill. Why was I summoned with you?"

"Oh you think your insults will insult me, you twit!"

"You're the twit if you think that will do anything to me."

[Uh...]

"Oh, right. Our Master..."

"Ah, fuck. You made me look bad...as usual..."

"Hmm. I see... It seems that we were recorded together on the Throne, and thus, both of us were summoned here."

"Why?"

"Are you really ignoring the information the Grail has given us?"

"Grr...fine... If it means saving the world...I'll cooperate...but don't expect me to get along with him, Master!"

"The one thing we agree on. I ask the same. Now...since we have that clear to our Master, shall we introduce ourselves?"

"Edward Drinker Cope."

"Othniel Charles Marsh."

"I will serve you to the best of my ability."
    "I will serve you to the best of my ability."

Pictured: Edward Drinker Cope (left) and Othniel Charles Marsh (right)

Class: Rider
    Other Eligible Classes: Berserker (maybe?), Avenger (also maybe...)
    True Name: Edward Drinker Cope and Othniel Charles Marsh
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral (Edward Cope); Chaotic Neutral (Othniel Marsh)
    Origin: Historical Fact - America
    Attribute: Man
    Height: 180 cm / 5'11'' (Othniel Marsh) 177 cm / 5'10'' (Edward Cope)
    Weight: 71 kg / 157 lbs (Edward Cope) 86 kg / 190 lbs (Othniel Marsh)
    Traits: Male, Humanoid, Hominidae, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Catalyst: Any Triceratops fossil (Othniel Marsh); Cope's preserved skull (Edward Cope)

Talent: Perseverance (Edward Cope); schemes (Othniel Marsh); paleontology, pissing people off (both)
    Natural Enemy: Edward Cope, (Othniel Marsh); Othniel Marsh (Edward Cope); Crystal Palace (Both)

Likes: Comfortable living, fame, knowledge (Othniel Marsh); paleontology, intelligence, adventure (Edward Cope)
    Dislikes: Othniel Marsh, sneaky bastards, traitors, cowards (Edward Cope); Edward Cope, reckless idiots, gallivanting (Othniel Marsh)

Parameters:
    STR:
    E
    END: E
    AGI: D
    MGI: C
    LCK: E
    NP: A+

BOND 0One was a wealthy man from a religious family.

The other was one who climbed to the top of his field thanks to the help of his uncle.

Both were dedicated to science and the natural world, publishing many finds in their shared field of paleontology.

When they first met, they were actually good friends. They even named a discovery after the other. One would think that they would've remained the best of friends.

Instead, their relationship soured, their true personalities clashing with each other, and caused a war unlike any other. It was a war between two people that dragged others like them to choose one side or another. It was a war that caused the greatest rush of fossil excavation and species identification in paleontology, amassing into two of the biggest collections of the relics. It was a war that ruined the reputation of paleontologists in the eyes of the public everywhere for years to come. It was a war known as the Bone Wars, something that hasn't been done before or matched since.

And these two were its players.

"Which I won, by the way."

"No you didn't! You cheated!"

"It's not cheating when you didn't establish any rules."

"It's called common decency, you ass!"

"Says the gentleman who swore."

"As if you're any better."

BOND 1Class Skills
    Riding E+++
    A skill which denotes the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. The higher it is, the more powerful and/or complex beasts and machinery the user can ride. At high enough ranks, it can include Phantasmal Beasts. That doesn't include Dragons and the like however. A different skill is needed for that.
    Neither Cope nor Edward were known for riding anything in particular, however, they were two influencial figures in paleontology, and thus have various prehistoric species, most notably dinosaurs and others from their era, to their names. Two of those discoveries act as their mounts, and so whenever they summon them, they get a temporary boost that allows them to ride them.

Magic Resistance E
    Neither dealt with magecraft in their time, especially considering their home is America, a land with minimal magecraft, so their magic resistance is low.

BOND 2
    On one side of the story, we have Edward Drinker Cope. He had everything a child could want or need. His step-mother and step-brother were kind to him enough that he remembers them fondly, his father was a wealthy man who could afford trips to various places related to his work as a philantropist and some of the finest education for his children, and quickly found a passion at a young age: his fascination for animals.

His father, at first, actually wanted him to be a "gentleman farmer", a job that was stable he thought respectable, and even bought a farm just for him to work at. Especially since Cope had always wasn't the healtiest. But the young Cope hated the idea, found it incredibly boring, his temper flaring unlike anytime before...but definitely not for the last time.

Luckily for him, he didn't need such dissatisfaction to wear down at his father. He had already been paying for the boy's private studies, which Cope had originally done in his spare time while having essentially dropped out of school to work on the farm, and upon seeing how much he was already doing at his part time job at the Academy of Natural Sciences, he relented and allowed the boy to follow his passion.

On the other side we had a man that was poor. Or rather he thought it was poor, being stuck on a farm in Lockport, New York, while his maternal uncle, the philatropist George Peabody, had many riches to his name from all his business ventures. Money he could've shared with his humble farming father and his family. So, disastisfied with his living situation, he decided he wanted the best education to get out of it.

How? Simple. He made sure to make himself come off as a "good investment" to his uncle, as thus he was funded by him and then a scholarship to go on to study not only in his home country, but also studying in several places in Germany. And the subjects he decided was "the best" were the natural sciences.

BOND 3
    Personal Skills
    Paleontology B-
    One would think that, having named so many new species of dinosaurs and other animals, they would have a high rank in such a skill. However, just as they identified many species, they also got as many misidentified or reconstructed outright wrong, most famously Cope's "Elasmosaur head on the wrong end". As such, their Paleontology skill isn't the best of the best, and, in the case of Cope, gets even worse when specifically identifying any marine reptiles.

"As if you were any better! At least I put mine on the same body. You put a Brachiosaurus head on a Brontosaurus!"
    "At least I didn't overestimate the measurements of my dinosaurs.
    "Amphicoelias is that big! And I would've proved how big it was if you hadn't stolen its fossil!"
    "I did no such thing.
    "Oh yes you fucking did!"

Sabotage (Fake) C
    The ability to interfere or reduce the enemy forces without the use of or knowledge of traps, hence "fake". Both paleontologists did everything they could to prevent the other from beating them, so they would leak false information, send spies and destroy possible excavation sites they couldn't deal with but the other might possibly do so while they were busy.

Presence Concealment C
    A skill denoting the ability to conceal the activities of oneself or others before they strike. The higher the rank, the harder it is for others to detect the user.
    As both hid their expeditions from each other so that the other couldn't take advantage and dig the fossils before they could, both are actually rather good at concealing themselves and their operations from others, though nowhere near a spy's or secret agent's level of subterfuge. This is particularly helpful for their mounts, as that means they can summon them more freely than most despite their appearances and sizes.

Collector A++
    A skill that denotes the talent to collect high quality goods, or perhaps mroe appropriate a magnetism that draws rare items into the Servant's hands. However, the Servant's Master derives no benefit from this personal skill. In Rider's case, they are collectors of fossils, in fact two of the biggest collections, the contents of which were only completely sorted through long after their deaths.

BOND 4He spent the next few years studying all her can, sponsored by his uncle and enrolled on a scholarship at Yale University, studying geology, mineralogy, and chemistry. Meanwhile, Cope went on to be a prolific writer in the scientific community despite his age, writing his first paper at the mere age of 19.

That was followed by hundreds of other papers about various fimdings and research, his most noteworthy being the classification of the Salamandridae family within the Salamandroidae suborder in 1861. It was also followed by plenty of discoveries, Cope already partaking in digs, exploring the country, and uncovering fossils of many kinds and naming many of them.

And then the American Civil War happened.

By coincidence, Marsh was to study in various cities in Germany starting 1862, just a year after the war started. Meanwhile, not so coincidentally, after attending the University of Pennysvalia and publishing his paper on Salamandridae in 1861, Cope left America to travel across Europe, from France to England to Italy to Austria and more...and one of those places was Berlin, Germany, at the same time that one Othniel Charles Marsh was studying in the University of Berlin.

BOND 5Noble Phantasms

Source: beautiful art by the ever amazing RJ Palmer
    The Bone Wars
    The Great Dinosaur Rush
    Chimeric Collection

Type: Anti-Army

The Bone Wars, their crowning achievement...and failure, giving future paleontologists so many discoveries to learn more of and many specimens to look over, yet also creating false creatures and destroying just as many This is the crystalization of that time, the time when they were at war and their spoils from it. When both declare this Noble Phantasm True Name, they reanimated every single piece in their collections—no matter the species, no matter the era, and no matter their authenticity; whether it be dinosaurs, modern animals, or chimeras and phantoms made from ignorance—and empower them with the fervor, animosity and ambition they had aimed at each other during the war, to then cause a stampede of their legacy against the enemies before them. A true prehistoric rush, you could say. This consumes a lot of energy however, and will take several days of recharging. After all, they hadn't amassed all of these relics in a day.

"Why did it have to be both of our collections...? It could've been seperate just like our rides!"
    At least those are seperate. I wouldn't be able to stand riding the same transportation as you."
    "Fuck you."

Source: more beautiful art by RJ Palmer
    Triceratops horridus
    The Three Horned Shield

Marsh's most famous discovery. The only one to match the
    Tyrannosaurus rex
    King of the Dinosaurs
    as an equal. It is Triceratops, a ceratopsian from the Cretaceous era, around 68 million years ago, and the only ceratopsian whose frill was not hollow. Marsh had been its discoverer and its namer and thus, much like Brown for T. rex, the dinosaur has been tied to his name and is able to be summoned by Marsh as his mount, a crystalization of all the successes of the Bone Wars, with the discovery of many famous dinosaurs, such as Stegosaurus, Allosaurus and Diplodocus. As the "Three Horned Shield", it has high defenses that allow it to defend allies against attacks, both magical and physical, of the same rank as it. Said defenses are raised even higher when defending allies against a
    Tyrannosaurus rex
    King of the Dinosaurs
    . Paired with its size, equal to that of an African elephant, and the strength that comes with it, it can charge and trample over large number of foes. Its main weakness is that all of its defense are focused on its head. If one were to aim at its body, behind its Shield, then it is about the same as most animals. But then again, that is a usual weakness of shields anyway, so it is not so unusual. It actually able to be controlled by Cope as well, since it is yet another representation of the Bone Wars, but Marsh does not want his greatest rival near his mount under any circumstances that aren't an "emergency", which includes "being the only ride".

Source: yet more amazing art by RJ Palmer
    Elasmosaurus platyurus
    The Thin Plated Mistake

Cope's most famous discovery, and most infamous mistake. A plesiosaur that lived in the Late Cretaceous, the marine reptile was supposed to have a long neck but instead it was placed on its tail, which Marsh pointed out harshly, while the one who actually did it, a colleague named Leidy, did so more tactfully. Thankfully for the creature and Cope, that isn't the case here, the creature appearing as it was in life whenever Cope summons it as his mount, despite it being a crystalization of all the failures of the Bone Wars, all the fossils lost to their feud and all the creatures mish-mashed or misidentified in their rush to one-up the other. As the "Thin Plated Mistake", while it is at its best in water, for that is its home and where it can control it best, as a "mistake", it is also able to fly. Not very high, certainly not as high as a proper creature of the air, but it is enough to be above your average house. But in such an environment, it is little more than a "fancy flying carpet" the length of a
    Tyrannosaurus rex
    King of the Dinosaurs
    , about 13 meters (43 feet) long. Once it is in the water, however, is where it truly shines. While it cannot reach speeds even close to Triceratops, it is able to last longer than it, making it their most efficient mode of transportation on both land and sea. As a predator of the waters, it is also camouflaged, and thus able to hide when within its home. As a "mistake" believed to possibly be the "basis" of many "sea monsters" in myths, it is also able to control water, allowing it to boost its normally speed or attacking enemies with bursts or waves of high water pressure. Of course its weakness is that it barely has any defenses and, when not near water, can't perform its best. But it is a water based creature, so that is not such an unusual weakness. It actually able to be controlled by Marsh as well, since it is yet another representation of the Bone Wars, but Cope does not want his greatest rival near his mount under any circumstances that aren't an "emergency", which includes "being the only ride".

"Why the fuck did you get your most famous good work while I got this shit?!"
    "It's not my fault everyone knows you for this poor creature."
    "It was your fault, in case you forgot, you asshole."
    "Well if I didn't point it out, then you'd be stuck with one dying from their head being on their tail instead of this majestic specimen here, right?"
    "AAAGGGGGGHHHH."

BOND 6It was the winter of 1863.

Cope had only recently arrived in Berlin, and so he wasn't that familiar with the area. In the middle of figuring out how to get to his destination in his exploration of the city, a man came up to him and asked if he was lost.

That man was Othniel Charles Marsh.

He ended up giving Cope a tour of the city, telling all he knew about the sights, in exchange for what he knew as an already notable figure in paleontology, for he was studying the field, as well as anatomy, during his stay in Berlin. The two hit it off. They spent several days in each other's company in their spare time until Cope continued on his gallivanting of Europe.

Once the American Civil War ended, both Cope and Marsh returned, the former thanks to the war finishing and the latter thanks to his study in University of Berlin finishing.

It was at this time that Marsh finally started gaining his own achievements.

Marsh became the first professor of paleontology and, with inheritance from his uncle, helped in the founding of the Peabody Museum of Natural History. He also started making several of his more famous discoveries, that being Triceratops and Pteranodon, not that the latter was named such at the time.

Not that Cope was behind, back to exploring all around America, discovering more prehistoric animals, including his infamous Elasmosaurus, though now he would send letters to his new daughter about animal life, teaching her what he can as part of her education.

Both kept in touch with each other throughout these years, sending each other letters, manuscripts, photographs and even fossils. One named a discovery after the other and said other returned the favor. They even went on one expedition together.

But it was that excavation that sparked what would be known as the Bone Wars.

BOND 7Most assume that the spark that started it was the correction on Elasmosaurus. No. That incident was after this one. What started the Bone Wars was simply Marsh's insecurities getting the better of him, leading him to divert funds from Cope to him after the expedition behind his back, not wanting to lose the wealth and fame he had built to him, and Cope was affronted by the betrayal of someone he had thought he could call a friend.

The war was on.

And it brought out the worst in them.

They insulted the other whatever chance they got. They fought over digging sites all over the western areas of America, hiding whatever expeditions they acquired permissions for, and destroying any potential other sites on their way that the other could possibly use. They rushed to publish whatever discoveries they dug up, naming as many as they could before the other, even if they knew there was a high chance it was simply the same species.

Marsh poorly handled his subordinates, forcing them to pay for some the expenses on some of the trips, not ensuring relations between them were cordial, especially once he stopped going to the field, and not giving out pay while constantly trying to make plans that would hinder Cope. Cope, meanwhile, refused to let the building and buildings slights go, and continued his expeditions no matter the cost to his health, even if it was just him, a chef, and a few men at times. Both would try to ruin each other's reputation in various papers and interactions with their colleagues.

However, in the end, they both ruined them.

Though Marsh was winning by the near end of the war, having found more named specimens that weren't later disputed like Cope's were, both of them were feeling the strain from the war, both of them funding many of their expeditions with their own fortunes, with Cope in particular feeling especially strained as his health deteriorated as well. Not to mention now they had competition over the dig sites and an article that revealed to the general public of rheir feud, souring their perceptions of paleontologists for a long time. Soon enough, they were both shells of their former prime, support for both of them dwindled, and were forced to make ends meet to continue living, Cope selling much of his collection, and Marsh needing to mortgage his home.

With Cope's health now catching up to him, and feeling death coming for him in his bones, he issued one lat challenge to long time rival: "I will donate my skull so that it may be measure and see which of us has the bigger brain."

Marsh didn't respond. He just died two years after Cope.

An unremarkable end to their lives, just like the lives of the fossils they fought over.

BOND 8Background
    Edward Drinker Cope (July 28, 1840 – April 12, 1897) was a man of many fields, being a part of zoology, comparative anatomy, herpetology, and icthyology, as well as being a paleontologist. Othniel Charles Marsh (October 29, 1831 – March 18, 1899), though he studied several fields, was only just a paleontologist. Both had other achievements before the Bone Wars. Marsh most notably helping in solidifying the truth of Darwin's theory of evolution, the evolution of horses and birds, and being one of the earliest to think that dinosaurs had evolved from birds, along with the discovery of Triceratops. Cope meanwhile had discovered various prehistoric animals, including Elasmosaurus. However, their biggest achievements were during the Bone Wars, as well as the Bone Wars itself.

Just to name some, Cope discovered Edaphosaurus, Lystrosaurus, and Amphicoelias (now named Maraapunisaurus), while Marsh discovered Allosaurus, Diplodocus, and Stegosaurus. However, because of them, many dinosaurs were misidentified or reconstructed wrong until they were corrected. Not to mention all the bone beds that had been destroyed in their wake. The Bone Wars has since been detailed in various books and their collections stored in their respective museums/universities. So the Bone Wars was both a boon and a detriment to paleontology.

Much of their history is the same as their story. The main thing being embellished being the spark that started the Bone Wars and how Marsh and Cope met each other in Berlin, not the fact that they got along well at first.

Personality: Let's be real. Their history doesn't exactly give a good first impression. One seemed like a bull headed man who wouldn't let even the smallast insult pass, the other comes off as a manipulative lazy bum, and both come off as egotistical assholes who only cared about being right. Which, well, isn't exactly wrong.

However, they're still human, and certainly not the worse of them.

Both of them are perfectly capable of kindness to those they cared about, so they will extend the same should someone get close to them.

Cope is the more "wild" of the two. While some of his views on women would...well, offend them today, should a woman have knowledge and wit, he doesn't mind, he wouldn't have taught his daughter about his work otherwise, as he values intelligence above all else. He just thinks women are best at domestic things is all. You don't use a broom when you when you need a mop, now do you? He is incredibly energetic, unable to stand still for long, even if it is to the detriment of his health. He is a man who prefers taking things into his own hands. And as we've seen, he has a very explosive temper when he lets it out. However, he is a self-proclaimed gentleman, so he tries to keep rein of it. The only exception is his rival and other half of their Rider container, Marsh. Once he is involved, he acts as his worse, screaming and shouting and doing everything in his power to one-up him, often dragging others down with him. The only reason he is managing to cooperate with the man is because of the threat to humanity, and the begrudging acceptance that had he not have his rival, he probably wouldn't be remembered in history at all.

Meanwhile, Marsh is more calculating, taking his time with his decisions to the point that it might become procrastination. He is the practical sort. If it can be done by someone else, he'll have it done by someone else. If the best outcome that be wants involves trickery and underhanded tactics, he's more than willing to resort to such means. If the best man for the job is him, then he'll do it. However, that also means he isn't one to purposefully rile other people or get angry. In fact, he's more than up for calm discussions, learning more about many things and light banter. The only exception to his rival and other half of their Rider container, Marsh. Once he is involved, he acts as his worse, his want to be the best having him become ruthless and using other people almost like pawns to try and keep Cope down, thus bringing them down in the process. The only reason he is managing to cooperate with the man is because of the threat to humanity, and the tired acceptance that had he not have his rival, he probably wouldn't be remembered in history at all.

Wish
    "To finally beat that god damn idiot, of course. Were you expecting something else?"
    "To fix my mistake."
    "Bah. Of course. Which one? There were so many I had to write it all down in a notebook to keep track of it all."
    "The one where I let my flaws get the better of me and ruin our friendship."
    "What? What are you fucking doing, Marsh."
    "I meant what I said."
    "You fucking don't you fucking liar!"
    "I don't blame you for not believing me. It's much too late for us to go back to how it used to be. But that is all the more reason why that is my wish."

BOND 9Relationships
    Master (if female):
    "You really shouldn't be doing all this saving the world stuff."
    [Punch!]
    "What the fuck?!"
    "You really should watch your mouth, Cope."
    "I was just worried for her!"
    "Someone who is able to maintain contracts with hundreds of Heroic Spirits and has saved the world at least once?"
    "Nnngghhh...fine...but it's still a lot for anyone."
    "That I will agree with. Do you hear that, Master? Even this blockhead is fond of you. So don't go be an idiot and work yourself to death."
    "Ggrrr...yeah...what he said. Let us handle whatever burdens we can, got it?"

Mary Anning (Lancer) (FGO):
    "I admire your intellect, but a woman shouldn't be working in a man's profession."
    "Oh dear. Where's that...what's it called? Ah yes, popcorn. Where's the popcorn?"
    "Wha—what are you doing, you sneaky bastard?"
    "Oh nothing. Just watching the ass-whooping that will come. It will be quite a good show."

Crystal Palace (Berserker) (Wyvern):
    "This is what your discoveries look like, Cope."
    "FUCK YOU! WE NEED TO RUN! NOW!"

Johannes Kepler (MoonCancer) (MuramasaMachII):
    "God? You truly saw God?"
    "I wouldn't mind hearing about your story."
    "I asked first, lazy ass."

Yokano Akiko (Caster) (jishara):
    "I still don't understand why would you want to do things men are supposed to do."
    "Let me grab the popcorn again."
    "SHUT UP YOU ASS!"

Toriyama Sekien (Rider) (Spelror):
    "See? This is exactly why women shouldn't involve themselves in men's business, especially someone of her heritage. Those monsters...and here I thought dinosaurs were monstrous."
    "While I agree they're terrifying...I'll be standing riiiiiiiiiight over here..."
    "DAMN IT! YOU GET BACK HERE! I WON'T LET YOU HIDE LIKE A COWARD LIKE IN THE BONE WARS!"

"School Shooter" (Gunner) (NailsInYourFeet):
    "What... What has the world come to...?"
    "Bastard. You're lucky you weren't alive when I was alive. If you came to my daughter's school, I would've made sure you regretted it."

John Fucking Fitzgerald Kennedy (Avenger):
    "What the fuck?"
    "I believe that is the last thing you should be saying to him, Cope."
    "What the hell am I supposed to say instead?! This guy's a president! And I can't stand it! How'd he become president?!"
    "You do realize that applies to us as well, yes?"
    "...Fuck you."
    "Please don't give him any ideas."
    "FUCK. I HATE THIS SHIT."

Heinrich Schliemann (Berserker) (Random):
    "You..."
    "Hey, don't you dare ignore m—wait...is that...?"
    "Yes. Him."
    "... Truce?"
    "Truce."
    (Both are very aware of the irony of their ire as they ready their Noble Phantasms, considering how much damage they've done, but that was all the more reason to lash out at him, one who reminded them how destructive their accomplishments were)

Yoshitsugu Otani (Rider) (NailsInYourFeet):
    "Ah, battling with illness too, eh boy? Well good on you for not letting that stop you. I didn't let it either!"
    "Until you died from it, that is."
    "Age has nothing to do with illness, ass. Which reminds me! Why the hell didn't you donate your skull?! We needed to know whose brain was bigger!"
    "It's not like either of us would've known since, you know, we'd be dead."
    "Bullshit! People would know! That's all that matters! And we're back as Servants now sl come on! Let's check your remains right now and finally find out!"
    (Cope and Marsh proceed to go back and forth over going to look at latter's remains to settle their "contest", forgetting Otani exists)

Christian Caldwell (Assassin) (pinetree):
    "Ah...someone who participated in...those..."
    "What? Are you uncomfortable with that? I thought you would've been more than fine considering how you are."
    "Asshole. I just think there are some things best for men and best for women. That doesn't mean I want women fucking dead. I taught my daughter myself about paleontology and he would murder her just for knowing that. So don't fucking joke about this."
    "... I'm not. I'm just making sure you don't make yourself into an idiot again."
    "Hmph. Ass..."

Comte de Saint-Germaine (Caster):
    Noticing Saint-Germaine:
    "Oh great, another schemer like you..."
    "If this is how you see me, then you're sorely mistaken."
    "Uh huh. Sure. Mr. 'Tricked Me Outta My Men'."
    "That was planned, you numbskull. That man just does it for fun."
    "You shouldn't even trick others in the first place! That's cheating!"
    "What? Like you're any better? You stole some of my finds!"
    "They were mine! You stole them!"
    (Cope and Marsh proceed to bicker yet again)

Response to Saint-Germaine:
    "Haha! Of course! I'd be more than happy to!"
    "Just note to take everything he says with a grain of salt."
    "Ha! More like take his words with a grain of salt, liar."
    "Hothead."
    "Egotistical thief!"
    (Cope and Marsh proceed to bicker yet again; though Saint-Germaine probably doesn't mind that at all)

Jenny Lind (Alter Ego) (Vance):
    "Ah, what a lovely voice. A shame I didn't catch while I was alive, but I was busy with my studies. Do you mind if I have a chat with you? I'll admit I'm curious of the person that had Hans Christian Andersen so obssessed."
    "You better not make her uncomfortable, Cope. That's unbecoming of a gentleman."
    "Uh huh. Sure. Says the 'gentleman' who swears like a sailor and thinks women below him."
    "Don't twist my word you little shit!"

William Randolph Hearst (Assassin) (sutaa):
    "This is what your plans look like, you fucktard."
    "No, this is what you looked like when you presented your Elasmosaurus reconstruction."
    "You fucking count too with your mistaken reconstructions!"

Nostradamus (Caster) (Potion):
    "Nostradamus? That Notradamus?"
    "Is your skull so damaged you cannot believe someone like him is a Heroic Spirit?"
    "You asshole! Of course not! I was just hoping we could talk. I want to know if maybe he could glean some information on the dinosaur eras..."
    "Well if he can, I doubt he would want to share it with you."
    "I don't think he'd wanna share with you either, asshole!"

Count Felix von Luckner (Lancer) (DesReploid):
    "Firing...a ship...like a javelin..."
    "...I am actually inclined to agree with that assessment...."

Unas (Berserker) (Morg Van Destro):
    "You dare try to slay gods? Consume them even?"
    "...You realize our Master is much the same in terms of 'defying', yes?"
    "Oh shut up, smart-ass, you know it's different."

Sorghaghtani (Binder) (Nuclear):
    "..."
    "...Oh? Nothing to say about a woman with such power? I'm surprised you're speechless."
    "Not going to give you a chance to make me look bad, bucko. Not this time. She's royalty and it would be remiss of me not to treat her with respect."
    "I hardly need to do anything. You do it plenty well by yourself."
    "You wanna say that again, you prick?!"

Chevalier de Saint-Georges (Saber) (Corvus):
    "'Statement of identity', eh? I believe I can understand a drive like that. ...good for you, for your need to have led you to good friends and a life well spent."
    "What the hell are you talking about, sneaky ass. You got all the things he got. Even more since, as much as I fucking hate it...you advanced your field. He was just a talented warrior and musician."
    "...And yet, here I am, with you as my greatest rival, and unable to let go of how much I hated what happened."
    "Don't you fucking bring up your stupid regrets, asshole. Nothing you do is gonna make me stop hating you, you ASSHOLE."
    "I know, Cope... I know."

William Thomas Stead (Caster) (YoungMeme):
    "Ah, I remember you. I heard of you from friends. I would like to thank you for your work with 'The Maiden Tribute of Modern Babylon' and bringing, at the very least, some justice for those girls who suffered."
    "As inclined as I am to disagree with him, I won't let that stop me from saying the same to you, Mr. Stead. Thank you."
    "As if you wouldn't use his journalism to your advantage, you asshole."
    "You are no better, either, you boorish oaf."
    "You think I'm just gonna let that pass?!"

William Topaz McGonagall (Caster) (Delgoras):
    "What the fuck is up with this dumbass and why does he basically speak like a children's book character?"
    "I thought your vocabulary was grating, but this man is something else...."
    "What was that, you ass?!"

Emrpess of Wei Tang (Assassin) (jishara):
    "Hmph. She hates manipulative people yet is one herself? Talk about a hypocrite..."
    "Not something I haven't seen before."
    "OH YEAH? YOU WANNA GO, YOU SNEAKY BASTARD?!"

the Mary Celeste (Avenger) (Baron Magnus):
    "Oh, you poor girl... I hope you find the man who murdered and betrayed you."
    "This is probably what would've happened to Elasmosaurus had I not corrected your reconstruction."
    "STOP MAKING ME LOOK BAD, YOU ASSHOLE! YOU DIDN'T EVEN POINT OUT MY MISTAKE FIRST!"

Sugawara no Takasue no Musume (Gatekeeper) (pinetree):
    "GET BACK HERE WOMAN BEFORE I SEND MY ELASMOSAURUS AFTER YOU!"
    "What in bloody hell are you doing chasing a young girl, Cope? I thought you were trying not to come off as a misogynist."
    "MARSH, GET YOUR FUCKING TRIKE TO CHASE HER BEFORE SHE POSTS HER STUPID FANFICS ABOUT US."
    "... You should've said so sooner, idiot."
    (Both Cope and Marsh proceed to chase Lady Sarashin no Emon around the base to varying degrees of success)

Cacareco (Lancer) (NailsInYourFeet):
    "A...A rhino? Elected as mayor?"
    "You do remember we just talked to a ship, yes?"
    "You asshole! I was thinking about how shitty her home is that her people would vote for her!"
    "Uh huh, sure you were."

BOND 10Craft Essence

Source
    Fossilized Memory

"Are you lost?"

"What? No! I'm just new here."

"So you are lost."

"...nggh. What do you want?"

"Ha ha, I'm sorry, I just thought I'd offer to guide you. I've been here for at least a year thanks to my study in the University Berlin."

"Oh? The University of Berlin? What are you studying?"

"Chemistry and paleontology."

"Paleontology?"

And so Edward Cope met Othniel Marsh and spent the day, and the next few days after that, talking about the study of things long gone and buried in the ground, like two schoolboys speaking of their favorite things.

Author's Notes
    Can you tell I was tired at the end? Because I was tired at the end. XD
    and also really excited to get this out so probably has quite a number of mistakes but...
    Anyways!
    Here they are! I hope you liked them.
    I'll admit, while I wouldn't call myself a fan of dinosaurs, I am still fond of them (who isn't?), and definitely know a lot more than the average Joe thanks to my brother who most definitely is. So this is was still fun for me to do. And ouch my head melting from the renaming/reidentification of the findings of those two...I knew they made as much of a mess as they did find many things, but man is it nuts. I could've added more to the background/history, but, I don't know, I feel like I did enough of that in the "story" itself?
    Speaking of, this sheet basically was born from thinking of paleontology and then thinking of these two and going "what if like tesla and edison but they're STUCK with each other" and I started imagining their lines and...the rest is history. XP
    I wish I had a better image for the Craft Essence but...eh. If I find one, I might. Otherwise it's mostly fine. Mostly. I would highly recommend seeing RJ Palmer's art though. One of my favorites was seeing Godzilla in Pokémon's art style!
    As for the skills and NPs, I hope they're fine. Especially the NPs. I had fun making them, though kept them a bit simple for my sake since it's my first time, so it'd be nice to know if I pulled them off well. But if not, then critique is appreciated. tho id appreciate if you try to be gentle...? Not just for the mechanics of it, but for the whole sheet. I'll probably edit if needed.
    I'll definitely edit in more lines of dialogue/reactions to any sheets after this one.
    Last edited by DracoScribe; October 9th, 2022 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Lotsa Servants, including one who likes fanfics

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

"...Alright, ah, so maybe one thing."Avenger of the Presidency

Class: Avenger
    Other Classes: Saber, Rider, Lover
    True Name: John Fitzgerald Kennedy
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Region: Massachusetts, USA
    Source: Historical Fact

Parameters:

STR: C
    END: B
    AGI: C
    MGI: C
    LCK: D
    NP: B

"Pretty good stats for a, uh, new guy, right? What can I say, I was a goddamn stud!... Health problems? Hah, you ah, got the wrong incarnation, pal."

Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 76 kg
    Likes: Common American sports (Football, Basketball, Tennis, and Golf), dogs, and... y'know. ...plus his wife, though he doesn't wanna talk about it.
    Dislikes: Certain government agencies, Hospital interiors
    Talent: Public Speaking,
    Natural Enemy: Neil Armstrong
    Attribute: Human
    Armament: Misplaced shots, himself
    Catalyst: Avenger will often manifest upon his saber version being summoned, via the grail, or equivalent mana source/center. Multiple American presidents being summoned (or servants who were strongly related in life) can have the same effect. Otherwise, a plane ticket from JFK international airport may be used to summon him specifically.

Class Skills:
    Avenger: C
    A Class Skill of the Avenger class, representing the state of an Avenger as one that gathers people's hatreds and grudges onto oneself. It is easier for one to accumulate hatred and resentment. The rate of mana generation becomes higher when receiving damage.
    While beloved in life, his actions out of the public's eye earned him a reputation of sleaze and general poor opinion in death. Guy was a bit of a lecherous bastard, after all. Thus, in addition to his class, he receives the skill at a rank of C
    "Oh c'mon, are you ah, really gonna hold that all against me? You're saying you WOULDN'T shack up with Marylin Monroe? What are you, catholic?... well yeah I'm one, just not real good at it."

Oblivion Correction: B
    A Class Skill of the Avenger class. People are creatures that forget many things, but an Avenger never forgets. The critical effect of Avengers who attack from beyond one's memory is strengthened.
    "Oh yeah, I remember. I remember when they said invading Cuba was a good idea- when after the CIA blew my brains out, they ah, blamed it on the Russians. You know that was ah, Bush's ticket to eventually stealing my job down the line?"

Self-Replenishment: C
    A Class Skill of the Avenger class. One's Magical Energy endlessly surges until their revenge is accomplished. Recovers a minuscule amount of magical energy every turn.
    "Oh... I'm er, using that word too much to kick off segments, aren't I? Regardless, my mission, my reason for ah, showin' up... I'm here to make sure any of the presidents, or just rulers and regents in general, don't get too high on their own horses. The whole reason I've got half decent stats is because I'm fueled off skepticism and the idea that things ah, aren't the way they say they are. Mighta' ruled as Arthur, but I ain't above being my own Mordred."

Personal Skills:

Charisma: D-
    A composite Skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or country.
    Kennedy receives this skill at a lower rank than he usually would, due to his avenger incarnation being a manifestation of his private life and failures, aspects that, "Don't belong in Camelot". However, his natural charisma and navigation of the cold war alone allow him to hang on to the skill at a low rank. The negative modifier is because his head is half blown-off. It's like, chunky salsa, not a smooth hole.
    "No matter what they found out I got up to... they just can't hate the Kennedy smile. Look at me, I'm a natural!"

Protection from Arrows (Target): C+
    The ability to deal with projectiles, an increased defense against ranged attacks by predicting the projectiles' trajectories through exceptional means, such as hearing the sound of air being cut, or sensing the killing intent of the enemy. A variant that draws projectiles towards the holder, but makes them unable to connect with their flesh.
    It has very ironically been bestowed upon Kennedy due to him being a victim of assassination via Sniper Rifle. However, due to him being summoned in a state where he exists as a revenant-like being, he is considered as already dead by his first Noble Phantasm, and therefore, receives an effect identical to PfA where he cannot be hit, because he already has been. The skill is able to be overcome via usage of the Marksmanship or Aiming Skills at a higher rank, however.
    "Guess who's baaaaaa-aaack! JFK, reloaded, baby! What, you wanna touch? Ahhh, no- I ain't getting blasted by any er, archers before I get my licks in, sorry kid."

Conspiracy: A
    A skill that fosters lingering doubt against factual statements or information in the form of an ambient mental attack upon those in Kennedy's vicinity. While it's rank is rather high for such a low effect, being able to be shrugged off by even those with low ranks of Mental Resistance without long exposure, there is a secondary effect. Similar in function to battle continuation, and like a living conspiracy theory, Kennedy is incredibly persistent in his existence. Without "confirming" his death, via destroying his body, taking the time to cut it apart, or otherwise sealing the deal, he will hold on to his current manifestation and regenerate to fight another day. It's a Schrodinger's cat scenario: if one does not make sure he's dead, there is the possibility that he is still alive.
    "They still haven't ah, released the documents on my shooting yet, have they? Figures, the bastards... but it does make you think: anything coulda happened then, couldn't it have? Pretty er, fishy that my brothers bite the dust a few years after I do, right? Gotta keep that type of stuff in the back of your brain."

Worse Half: E
    A skill that merely allows his manifesting without a ritual, upon the conditions listed under Catalyst.
    "Listen, if ya summon that version a' me, ya get alla' me. Can't er, separate the king from the castle."

Noble Phantasm(s):
    That Day in Dallas
    Rank C
    Anti-Unit

The glowing halo of a spectral muzzle-flash behind his head- it is the CIA order to have him assassinated. It, and other shots will continue to ring out until JFK is dead, drawing in other projectiles nearby to shoot him down. However, due to him existing as a being between life and death, the magically-charged sniper rounds simply go through where his skull would be. He can thus take control of the muzzle-gate to wield the projectile for himself, firing it as he pleases through his headspace. There is a second gate in his chest cavity, hidden, sourced by the other bullet that struck him on that day at the parade.
    "Y'know, when I said 'Ich bin ein Berliner" back at the wall... I really didn't mean to call myself a donut. But ah, look at me now! Man of my word."

Bay of Pigs
    Rank B
    Anti-Ruler

A Noble phantasm that activates upon his death when facing a servant who served as a king/president/ruler of any kind, or is in the Ruler class container. Upon his demise, their luck parameter is tanked to E- rank. Subsequently, the next usage of their NP will have some unknown disastrous consequence, a fate altered for the worse. Not unshakeable by any means, or leaving them without a way to continue, but they must come back from the grand failure by their own machinations.

"I found it out the hard way, but ah- the machinations of our predecessors... you can't trust 'em. They're outta office for a reason, alright? You can't trust what they er, ah, tell ya, you gotta use your brain. So, like Eisenhower left me, you've got your own mission that's doomed to failure now. Time for your Camelot to crumble."

Lore: The 35th president of the United States of America, and still the youngest to date. A shining light to his people during the cold war, he was a renowned politician, ruler, and diplomat, so much so that his presidency was referred to as and American Camelot. However, after his assassination, which launched a vast swath of conspiracy theories on the culprit whilst campaigning for reelection, many reports would come out about him, revealing him to be a lecherous, sickly, sex-addicted man who hid these defects from the world. Despite this, he remains one of America's most popular presidents ever.

Personality: A bastard of a man with a hidden sense of chivalry and gentleman's code left in him. However, he's mostly crass and self-obsessed. The type of servant to firmly state, "Well, y'know what the middle initial's supposed to be? There's ah, no Fitzgerald. I'm John Fucking Kennedy." and then laugh at your reaction.

Relationships:
    Thomas Edison: "Been cooped up in that guy's gourd for way too long- ya help a guy out ONE TIME, and you get sucked into his spirit origin. Honestly, I hope that he's gotta grovel for extra power from that er, Tesla buddy of his, now that we're getting out."

Artoria Lancer/Ruler: "Hey, how's it going gorgeous! Heard you were ah, the original King of Camelot- thanks for letting me get the rights to that. So uhh, unless Guinevere's around, you ah- wanna get some drinks?"

David: "A brother from another mother- he gets it. Granted, height isn't really er, an issue for me with the ladies, but I've got almost a head on him, so what do I know?"

JFK Saber: "S'been a while!~ How's the origin, J, is it ah, treating you well?"

Neil Armstrong: "Well if it isn't the man I sent to the moon! How's it-... do I wanna go? I mean ah, sure, I'd love to! I never got to-...."
    If he had eyes any longer, they would have bulged, as he excused himself to leave. Fear.

Yosano Akiko: "A Poet, huh? Y'know, I did a bit of journalism before I er, went into politics and all- wanna get coffee or something sometime? Talk about writing, among other things?"

Johannes Kepler: "Without you, we ah, couldn't have even started the space race. So ah, God bless ya, thanks for letting me get a man to the moon during my time in office."

Toriyama Sekien": "Huh... those are er, some pretty neat drawings you got there... think you could make one outta me?"

Deleted Gunner: "..oh, it ain't so funny now that your bullets can't hit, huh? Keep this shit the hell outta my country."

Cope and Marsh : "Holy shit, you two are PETTY petty! You ah, sure you don't share a class with me?"

Heinrich Schliemann: "Waitwaitwait, you can erase-.... huh, WELL, we are ah, gonna get along famously, here's a list of the affairs I've had-"

Yoshitsugu Otani : "Huh, despite that illness... I er, gotta introduce you to my saber equivalent, I think you and her would ah, get along well."

Christian Caldwell: "So you gotta look a bitch in the eyes to make em' think they're ah, a witch, do ya? Ain't that a shame here."

Comte de Saint-Germaine: "... so your own origin's so mysterious and unverified that you can pull from others? What I wouldn't give to be able to do something like that.."

Jenny Lind: "Don't think I'll ah, ever get Alter Egos- a whole separate identity? I mean, c'mon, how the hell are all of you able to er, shake history like that? Not your fault or anything, you're a separate entity now, but ah, I can't help but get envious."

William Randolph Hearst: "FINALLY, a man who wants to ah, tell it like it is- hey, I'm looking to assemble a pr team, you ah, looking to take on the CIA? That a big enough scoop for ya?"

Nostradamus: "I er, heard the people say you called the towers getting downed- was there anything ah, about me in there? I ain't too full of myself to look for info that coulda called it coming-"

Felix von Luckner: "I did some sailing myself you know- never er, really took to it as a career, as much as I enjoyed it."

Unas: "You're ah, not the average sorta pharaoh, are ya? Failed in life, but took advantage of death... you get it. Cannibalism ain't my thing, but er, I ah... wish you the best of luck."

Sorghaghtani: "So your kids went and messed up what you left behind, huh? Guess I mighta done the same to old Dwight with his military operations. Still, your ah, your plans seem a bit more sound than a Cuban invasion, wish it went better for ya."

Chevalier de Saint-Georges: "Hey, ah, you're a, a pretty good guy- listen, if you see my Saber counterpart, can I ask you to give her a lesson or something? She's er, got everything for the class but the swordplay, and I can't always get there to help her out in time. Gotta protect my better half, you know?"

W.T. Stead: "Listen here, you little shit, I don't care how well it sells, stop putting who I was fucking in your goddam papers!... y'know what, Miss Monroe's fine, that was an impressive lay, but NO MORE!"

William Topaz McGonagall: "... yeah, no, if you're ah, this level of oblivious, you're just plain stupid. I get it's a good way to deal with the dislike, but er... no. My sister's the one who's braindead, I still at least got a little bit of mine left."

Empress Wei of Tang: "Ahahaa~ can't just kill the king and ah, get away with it, can ya? NOTHING goes unnoticed."

The Mary Celeste: "Never thought I'd be agreeing with a er, talking boat, but how'd you put it? Oh yeah, it'll taste delicious."

Sugawara no Takasue no Musume: "Trials? Your class is here to put people through trials? Listen, my name's already been through enough- if you wanna test a JFK, talk to Saber, she ah, might be up for those journeys of yours. Not me."

Cacareco: "Oh, I like you- I hope you get your office, lady, just watch out for poachers, if you ah, see what I mean."

Plato: "Listen buddy, in life, if I didn't bang every three hours, I got migraines- you really think being friends with someone would have er, could have helped that? I mean, hey, maybe I'll give it a shot, yeah I think- hey what the hell kinda skill is this!?"

Ismail al-Jazari: "So the chip in your head's ah, 4 times better than a whole human brain? Well I seem to be doing pretty good with only a bit of gray matter left- you sure you ah, don't wanna consider the soul here?"

Alfred Bernhard Nobel: "I kinda.... shit. Wish I had that same sorta stuff in me to hope for the better. He'd probably get along with Saber."

Si Pitung: "Huh- y'know, if someone like you was in the car, maybe I wouldn't have, er, y'know. Smooth moves."

Vercingetorix: "Hey ah, I learned the hard way about messing with freedom fighters- I'll keep outta your way. I'm er, rooting for you though."

Aimo Allan Koivunen: "Holy shit..." (He cannot help but just stare with a look of incredulous glee)

Gustavus Adolphus Rex Sueciae: "And in the end, you were alone, without your men, and finished with a shot to the head... only just because of bad luck, not betrayal... I envy you, Gus, I really do. Don't ah- don't tell anyone you heard me say that. Oh, and if you see Saber- well, our wars were thankfully only cold ones, so give her some advice on fighting properly for me, alright? Thanks."

Sir Christopher Lee: "Hey, you were around when I ate it... and er, you made it past Neil? Must've really been something. I'll, ah, try and make some time to go watch a few of your flicks."

Otávio Maeda: "People like you... I can't help but get the feeling that you'd simply power through getting your ah, brains blown out- and that ain't an instinct skill or anything talking."

Haru Urara: "I dunno- maybe its because I can't er, get the 'winners' outta my head, but... I dunno, I'd bet on her. Actually, get me a ticket, I hear they're good for car accidents- could have ah, used one of those."

Marie-Juliette Olga "Lili" Boulanger: "You were even more sick than I was, and you've still got to deal with it here? I- shit, Saber's only got it at like a B... hey, I'm ah, I'm gonna find a medical servant or someone, you've er, got the dad in me acting up."

Marie-Therese Charlotte: "Hey, if you trap em, I'll er, put a few holes in em- whadaya say? I ain't usually one for helping nobility, but I think we er, share some common interests."

Magdalena Solis: "Self-serving slaughter from a broad who wants to take over the world? I'm getting wet at the chance to put a bullet through your brain."

Sir Ernest Shackleton: "A ah, family man to the end, huh? I can respect it- though, as an er, let's call it connoisseur of the cold, you mind if I ask you a few questions? There's ah, this thing called the 'Ice bullet' theory..."

Petrus and Catherine Gonsalvus: "Huh, a happy couple- well uh, did you ever have any er, issues with infidelity? No? Didn't think so- listen, if you see my saber form around, ask her if she's ah, doing alright, could you? We aren't exactly on speaking terms- my fault really. Thanks."

Creator Notes, click to readCreator Notes:
    - First Servant that's from my presidential grail war concept to show up!
    - The alluded Saber JFK is something I plan on doing soon, but I'm still deciding if I wanna use them for the contest
    - Bay of Pigs and his general kit was inspired by playing Mafia/Town of Salem with some friends recently: the Jester role is one that WANTS to be executed (their win condition), while Kennedy's revenge is out of anger at his own situation- he can't stand a good deal of king-type servants, as their legends (and subsequent manifestations as servants) remain untarnished. He's envious that his recent death has allowed his legacy to be tarnished, while they don't receive the same treatment.
    - His mana transfer game still goes crazy
    - The reason for him fearing Neil is that while his abilities prey on transgressions of the past, Neil is firmly rooted in the possibility of the future. In addition to True Neil just being bungo strong, his spiteful avenger shit just doesn't work well.
    Last edited by Vididii; October 16th, 2022 at 02:33 PM. Reason: reactions galore!

Blog Entries
    Hey, it's Othniel! I have a Magus who got some stuff from him! Well, his sister has the fossil collection, but still!

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

失敗作の神 God of Failed Work Spelror's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'll edit my sheet if time allows.

also will do shit to the certain place certain time stuff. Would probably post it in the Womb since it's still at early stages of development.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Don't give them this power.
    Give in, White. The masses cry to morb.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    People see Armstrong as a Servant and think "hey, if the first man on the moon, a place of mystery in the nasuverse and object of worship since the beginning of human civilization...then i can make a dude that was mildly interesting few decades ago! Woah he wrote a book! Or she sang well! And I once heard about that dude!"

By that logic, I could make a Morg van Destro sheet and submit it here and no one can argue against it.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

I can't believe it's not Rider! DesReploid's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    People see Armstrong as a Servant and think "hey, if the first man on the moon, a place of mystery in the nasuverse and object of worship since the beginning of human civilization...then i can make a dude that was mildly interesting few decades ago! Woah he wrote a book! Or she sang well! And I once heard about that dude!"
    Obviously, if you want to make a recent Servant, they have to have done something noteworthy, such as getting to the moon. But, I think that just applies to all Servants. There have been some terrible people and some true, dare I say, heroes from modern day that could very well qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    By that logic, I could make a Morg van Destro sheet and submit it here and no one can argue against it.
    Do it!
    《 ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ 》

My Servant Compendium

《 ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ 》

Blog Entries
    Actually, the prompt is "historical fact", and we all know that Morg isn't real.

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

Blog Entries
    Hear that Morg? Random tells you to "get real".

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Actually, the prompt is "historical fact", and we all know that Morg isn't real.
    What do you mean? Of course i'm...
    Wait! What's happening?! No, it can't be true! I can't just be a...

Well, now that he's gone, we'll have to deal with a lot less nonsense.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    Thats a ploto twisto

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    BERSERKER
    "There are a great many mysteries in this world. Most can be solved with a sharp mind, and indeed should be. But for others...

...my way is better! Lesson one, Master: the fastest way to solve any puzzle is to crack it wide open!"

Basic InformationBasic Information

Alias: King of Excavation Classes: Berserker, Ruler
    True Name: Heinrich Schliemann Source: Historical fact
    Height/Weight: 183cm/58kg Attribute: Man
    Image colour: Brown Armament: Revolver, dynamite

STR
    E

END
    E

AGL
    D

MAG
    C

LUK
    A

N.P
    C

Traits:
    none notable

Class SkillsClass Skills

Mad Enhancement EX

Schliemann is among the most measured, intellectual and articulate of Berserkers. Mutual understanding is not impossible. It's not impossible, but... it's a little troublesome. It is surely possible to communicate with him, but on the topic of an unsolved problem, he will slowly become unable to be reasoned with. The root of his manifestation in the Berserker class is a kind of deranged obsession, and so his parameters increase in accordance with his passion for the mystery he is attempting to elucidate, but attempts at communication with him become increasingly ineffective until he is satisfied. How annoying.

Personal SkillsPersonal Skills

Inherent Insight A

The ability to grasp the unknown through clear perception and observation. At this level, it has already evolved into a kind of future sight. Although not an author nor an inventor, Schliemann's brilliant mind is indisputable, albeit ever put to selfish means. Most famously, he deduced the existence and location of the city of Troy, which was considered to be a myth until he forcibly proved himself correct. In addition, his incredible skill for pattern recognition allowed him both great financial gain and incredible linguistic skill - the latter of which is probably responsible for his eloquence in the Berserker class. Naturally, of course, the Rank of this skill will decrease as the effect of his Mad Enhancement increases, until he is left ranting and raving in ancient Greek.
    Golden Rule C

Using his supreme intelligence to bend the economy to his own ends, Schliemann became incredibly wealthy in a very short amount of time. Cornering markets left and right, perpetrating scams and schemes, his possibly illegal and definitely unethical capitalism was responsible for much of his success. Wealth gravitates toward him like iron to a magnet.
    Territory Infringement A

Schliemann is an empire unto himself. Roaming the world, accountable to nobody, he has broken past Nature of a Rebellious Spirit and into this skill. Even the displeasure of presidents and monarchs was unable to prevent him from doing as he pleased. Territories established by Magecraft, other Servants, and so forth are all dismissed and have no effect on him.

Noble PhantasmNoble Phantasm

Dream by Force
    WAHRE ANTIKE

Anti-Information Class
    Rank C

Range: 1~40
    Max targets: 1 name

A ridiculous Noble Phantasm that encompasses Heinrich Schliemann's methods that are still despised to this day. Above and beyond the level of mere imperialism, it is a legend of such mindboggling audacity that simultaneously made his dream come true while irrevocably destroying it forever. Not only is it the moment in which he shone most brightly, but it is also the moment which encompassed everything it meant to be Heinrich Schliemann, and the moment that set his legacy in stone. Upon reaching Hissarlik, the site upon which the city of Troy was once built, Schliemann was ecstatic and eager to excavate. The wish to reveal the reality of Troy to the world was one he had dreamed of since childhood. And so, in order to do this, he took a truly ridiculous quantity of dynamite and blasted through nine entire levels of buried city, completely obliterating it in the process of proving himself right. The disastrous aftermath is known in modern times as the Schliemann Trench.

While certainly sufficient an anecdote to become an Anti-City or Anti-Fortress Noble Phantasm on an older Heroic Spirit, the scale is much reduced as a modern Servant. While it fundamentally remains a Noble Phantasm composed of high explosives, it is in its specific nature that its true worth lies. Wahre Antike has the function of merging two distinct concepts: for him, "discovery" is a synonym for "industrial quantities of dynamite".

By blowing something up, destroying it, he gains information about it. This is a kind of retrocognition that allows him to comprehend the nature of a thing in its entirety, but only once he has obliterated it. The level of damage applied to the target increases his knowledge about it, thus allowing him to play the role of a kind of antidetective who steals information, never to be retrieved by anyone. This is alarmingly useful in the modern world, with its incredibly dense storage mediums: if he were to blow up a computer, he would obtain all the information stored in its memory, for example.

Of course, the inverse is also true. This is his greatest weapon in the scenario of a Holy Grail War. Although it is entirely ineffective if his opponent simply tells him their True Name, he is by far the greatest threat to those who aim to conceal it. If he correctly deduces the identity of a target, then from inside that target's own body will come a continuous chain of explosions until they are completely annihilated in accordance with his discovery. An unavoidable attack that completely ignores any defences like legendary shields or impenetrable skin, they will be blown to smithereens as a matter of course for the simple reason that "Heinrich Schliemann discovered them". Of course, it is theoretically possible for this to not actually kill the target, but very few opponents are gifted with the ability to endure a constant string of exploding dynamite spontaneously generated inside their own body.

As an aside, this Noble Phantasm does have a secondary effect, based on the looting of the archaeological site of Hissarlik by Schliemann after the destruction he caused. Items (including Noble Phantasms that take the form of an object) can be plundered from opponents who have been defeated by Wahre Antike, but this has a low chance of success. The check is a little complicated, and dependent on a number of factors, such as Schliemann's and the opponent's Luck parameters, the Rank of the plundered object, Schliemann's own Golden Rule skill, and so on.

ProfileProfile

KeywordsKeywords

Hissarlik
    An ancient settlement in Anatolia, now thought to be the site upon which the city of Troy was once constructed. Arguably the most famous archaeological site in the world, it has a fascinatingly rich history, even when entirely discounting the Iliad. As an aside, the historical city of Troy was probably the seventh level of the site, which was blasted to bits by Schliemann, who erroneously aimed for the ninth level instead.

BackgroundBackground

Heinrich Schliemann was born in the German Confederation in 1822, one of nine children. When he was seven, he took a great interest in history, having heard a number of Greek epics. He was most infatuated with the Iliad, and expressed a desire to one day discover the city of Troy where it was set. His mother died when he was nine years old, and his father was a pastor who was much too poor to reasonably feed ten mouths. As such, Heinrich was sent to live with his uncle shortly after the death of his mother.

Somehow, he managed to enrol in a grammar school with the funding of his father, but this was shortlived. After the discovery that this funding came from the embezzling of church funds, Heinrich was transferred to a vocational school, and was never able to attend university for lack of money. It was no wonder that he was unable to see eye-to-eye with professional archaeologists. With a number of menial jobs, he eventually found himself in Amsterdam after being shipwrecked and ending up on Dutch shores. Taking a position as a general agent for a certain import firm, he was sent to St Petersburg, and his talent for language quickly made him very successful there. It only took Schliemann around six weeks of exposure to learn a language, which meant that his careers greatly benefitted as a result, as he could be sent just about anywhere.

Upon learning of the death of his brother in California, he moved there himself, and made a fortune in just six months by trading gold dust. Getting into some trouble for his questionable practices with the Rothschild family, he claimed to be ill, and left California in a hurry. However, during his stay, California had been made a state of the USA, and so he had gained American citizenship... or so he claimed, because he was in St Petersburg that day. Other suspicious claims of his include his dinner with the president and an eyewitness account of the San Francisco Fire of 1851.

Selling his business and moving to Russia, cornering the market on indigo dye, and acting as a military contractor during the Crimean War while cornering several markets for arms and goods necessary to create them for the Russian Government, Schliemann essentially got used to doing whatever was convenient for him, but he was beginning to lose sight of his passions. It was time, with all the money he had obtained through various pursuits in just 14 years, to finally get down to business.

Awarded with a PhD for a thesis written entirely in ancient Greek, elected as a member of the American Antiquarian Society, he ended up meeting with an expert in Turkey by the name of Frank Calvert. Through him, he learned of Hissarlik, and got to work funding excavations there. He dismissed the workers he had hired once he began to see results, and got to blasting his way through layers and layers of the site, unearthing all kinds of treasures and even gifting his wife with ancient jewels to wear in public. Not stopping simply at Troy, he discovered and looted a number of other sites, smuggling his treasure across borders, often despite protests from governments and museums.

On Christmas Day 1890, he collapsed into a coma after increasingly failing health due to an ear infection. He died the next day.

For more on his legacy, mention Schliemann's name offhandedly to an archaeologist or historian knowledgeable in the Hellenic period. Wear body armour before doing so.

PersonalityPersonality

Dislikes: The unknown
    Talents: Gathering treasure, languages
    Natural enemy: Sherlock Holmes
    Alignment: Chaotic Reckless

Intelligence and stupidity are not mutually exclusive. Even the brightest minds can fall victim to the delusion that they know more than they truly do. Likewise, being correct does not absolve one of responsibility - if anything, one must tread more carefully if they are truly right. Heinrich Schliemann's legacy is something of a cautionary tale, and one that the man himself absolutely refuses to learn from. He is bold. He is brave. He will destroy copious amounts of infrastructure. Truth, no matter the cost! He will find the quickest way to the answer, and he will obliterate all obstacles to that, also in the quickest way, which usually means bombs!

A Berserker at heart, Schliemann is incredibly singleminded. He considers himself simultaneously student and teacher, showing the world what he has learned with pride. He lacks fear, remorse, and... really, he lacks a lot of things important to the image of a good person. As a man who effectively ruled his own world while he was alive, he has a hard time accepting that he is now a small fish in a very large pond indeed. His overconfidence is only heightened by the fact that he is fully capable of punching above his weight if he meets the activation conditions of his Noble Phantasm. Although he is definitely categorised as a hero, it is hard to call him heroic in the conventional sense. But for those who fight for truth and discovery such as himself, perhaps there truly is no figure more noble than the one who never gives up on what he believes in, no matter what.

RelationshipsRelationships

Yosano Akiko
    "A writer, are you? You'll have to forgive me, feelings are not my strong suit. But perhaps if I were to set fire to a manuscript or two, hm? You'll let me, won't you?"

Johannes Kepler
    "I don't understand how you can come to any true understanding by observing alone. What you should be doing is taking to the stars and walking on their surfaces for yourself, man!"

Toriyama Sekien
    "An interesting catalogue. You must have heard a great many tales. But it bothers you, doesn't it? You already know you'll never understand these beasts as the great monster slayers once did. If they're truly so bloodthirsty, there must be a number of things about them that you can only learn on the brink of death. There are only two ways to see a lion's stomach."

Cope and Marsh
    "Aha! My fellow diggers! Now now, no need to fight. You're both great men, pursuing a noble cause. Let's put aside our differences and just appreciate that for a moment. Isn't the past wonderful? Ahaha... Gentlemen, must you really look at me like you've just found a common enemy?"

John Fitzgerald Kennedy
    "Well, I'll be. It's a President of the United States! I'd quite like a look at that hole of yours... I hope you don't mind. You do happen to be the subject of quite the mystery yourself, you see, and there's only one way to find out the truth. Oh, don't complain, I'm wearing gloves, I'll be done in a jiffy..."

Yoshitsugu Otani
    "Ahaha, how dreadful you must be feeling, good lad! I hope you don't take it personally if I keep my distance! You aren't the only one who passed away from illness, after all! Hm? Beheading? My, my, how barbaric..."

Christian Caldwell
    "If I'd met you in the 19th century, I'd have laughed at you. Witches? Preposterous. Or so I thought... Hm, hm... I suppose I'd be a hypocrite to dismiss just about anything these days. Well, I don't have any particular skin in this game. But with my Noble Phantasm, it might be fun for you and I to join forces, wouldn't you say? I cannot pretend to be ιncυrιουs..."

Comte de Saint-Germaine
    "Ahahaha. Why, that doesn't make any sense at all. Hahaha... HahahahaHAHA! ΜΗ͂ΝΙΝ ἌΕΙΔΕ ΘΕᾺ ΠΗΛΗΪΆΔΕΩ ἈΧΙΛΗ͂ΟΣ ΟΥ̓ΛΟΜΈEEEEΝΗΝ...!"

Jenny Lind
    "A storyteller through and through, hm? Keep at it, lass. I can respect it, even if it isn't really for me. There will come a time in which those stories will also pass into myth, and then someone like me will have to dig them up! Well, I say that, but I suppose you won't be the one being dug up..."

William Randolph Hearst
    "I should enjoy espousing all I can to share with the world! But there is this nagging irritation... No, no matter how I look at it, I must disapprove. You spout gibberish. It is a dreadful, unsightly nonsense. Truth is truth. Everything else is noise. I happen to be uniquely qualified to speak the on gap between reality and fiction... and if you continue further... It cannot be allowed. A mere man can be dismissed, but a Heroic Spirit whose nature is the distortion of truth will only ultimately confound the Pruning Theoretical Phenomenon. Those of my field may think of me as a vandal and a lunatic, but as an archaeologist, your remains are ones I'm quite happy to destroy."

Nostradamus
    "Now you I like. We of the past can lose sight of the future. It's good to know someone is keeping an eye on it. But I must say, you have me intrigued. Tell me more of this Great King of Terror you speak of. That is my business now, you see, for 1999 does seem to have become the past in our absence..."

Felix von Luckner
    "Well, well, well, I was not expecting to find a fellow sailor. And from my own country, no less. A gander at your vessel shows her to be quite the thing indeed. Perhaps if she had been with me at that time, I may not have become the twisted thing I am today, haha. You might not think yourself a writer, but I am hardly interested in such spin and twaddle. I should like to hear your story sometime. I'd hate for curiosity to get the better of me. This ship is much too sturdy to explode easily, after all!"

Unas
    "Gods... Gods, you say? The devouring of gods... My father was a pastor, you see. I cannot completely condone challenging Heaven, but... I must say, if they can be eaten, then they must also be something that can be blown to bits. To think that I would be able to find the truth of such a thing so easily... Well then, solidarity amongst Berserkers it shall be! Let us find you some breakfast, my friend!"
    Last edited by Random; October 7th, 2022 at 09:27 AM.

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

Blog Entries
    Thats a fun one

Edit: I am actually pretty excited about my entry. When I wrote them in my notes, I conceptualized them pretty differently. But now I am reading more and more about them and I am just mesmerized. My entry will be special, at least for me.
    Last edited by DelRey; October 3rd, 2022 at 07:31 AM.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Yeah this is about what I expect for Random, which is to say some seriously high quality stuff.

Blog Entries
    Edward Drinker Cope and Othniel Charles Marsh: these two twinks should just kiss already

JFK: dear god that fc

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle MuramasaMachII's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    More so lack of face.

Blog Entries
    Cope and Marsh: Ah, the BONE WARS. This is pretty fantastic for a first sheet. I think you could play around more with the NPs, but I get wanting to start simple with that. The parallel between their mounts is really fun. Great job!

JFK: That FC art is awesome. The PfA skill is great. The NPs are pretty basic, but a figure as modern as JFK is obviously super hard to make them for.

The Bane of History Majors' Existence: Mr Dynamite man is a pretty fun sheet. The NP is absurd, but also hilarious.