Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2529297100101102
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2030

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Blog Entries
    Halley:She is realy good Wyvern it seems that possesed servants are your speciality and i must admit one that is greatly inspirational i am curious what would be her abbillities in her other classes ?
    When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Well, technically Halley cannot manifest on other classes outside of Watcher. She is using Edmond Halley's Saint Graph as a way to manifest an avatar in our planet. At most she would be a double servant with Edmond Halley in the Alter Ego class container. But otherwise he would be the one summoned, with Halley being his Noble Phantasm, Halley's Comet.
    Last edited by Wyvern; August 5th, 2020 at 02:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Well, technically Halley cannot manifest on other classes outside of Watcher. She is using Edmond Halley's Saint Graph as a way to manifest an avatar in our planet. At most she would be a double servant with Edmond Halley in the Alter Ego class container. But otherwise he would be the one summoned, with Halley being his Noble Phantasm, Halley's Comet.
    Thanks for the answer Wyvern ! one additionally Question do you have now perhaps the opportunity to give me your review of my lostbelt idea etc ?

Blog Entries
    I'm so, SO glad that the calling out of our last prompt managed to get through some of our peeps and they're commenting on the sheets now. There are a lot of amazing entries every time and they deserve recognition, so I'm definitely elated to see they finally getting that. Thanks a lot you guys!

And because I didn't wanted to leave anyone behind yet again (and while I'm still working on mine), let's see if I can give decent praise to our contestants for now~

Thucydides: Such a nice idea! And the execution left nothing to the imagination either. I only heard of this person while reading others' biographies, so as a first interaction with the historical figure, this sheet helped me immensely in understanding his persona. I liked that you even thought of how he'd operate tactic-wise, it helped me to visualize him even further! His skills are what you'd expect from a Servant like him, and yet I found them all so charming. He is indeed quite the formidable opponent against those who rely in the magic of the "unknown", of "mystery", as I'd call. And that NP? Oof. Overall, it was amazing! What a way to start off the show.

Balaam: BALAAM. OH MY GOD. I like my genderbents, thank you very much, especially when they have an actual reason for that other than for the waifuism. This is a great example, as a body "made for temptation" is exactly what this Servant would enjoy. And only you could make a "Jew hater" (yikes) so charming! (Actually OH MY GOD ROYD YOU'RE SERIOUSLY ON A ROLL.) I loved how you've incorporated depravaty everywhere, but not on an indulging way, but rather as a twisted form of praise for this person. Her(his?) NP also seems so striking, what a shame we can't have visuals on that because I know it'd be AMAZING. Actually scratch that, everything about this sheet is amazing.

Hammurabi: Oh man I always like to see everyone's different interpretation of a same historical figure, and this is no exception. There's always that showcase of talent, of an author's personal touches, and this is one of those times where you can see it very well. His skills are terrifyingly accurate and his whole demeanor screams "danger". Quite fitting, as his name is associated with a cruel sense of fairness, even in the field of Law. His NP is so interesting and truly embodies the An Eye For An Eye mindset that defined this character to modern audiences - and you did in such a cool manner, that is different from the others, while not completely twisting him into something that he was not. Very cool concept, overall!

Hitchcock: YES. I don't even care that some people have a beef against modern Servants, I love them and I'll protect them until the end. I loved this idea, BnEl! You're always so good at making something that is enjoyable and faithful at the same time... One day I want to have a half of your talent, please hahaha. Anyway! What a nice idea to make him an Assassin/Caster hybrid, it truly suits him. And I liked the detail of how his skills ties in with this abilities as a filmmaker (and a side-actor) so seamlessly... He's so associated with his movie about birds that it indeed isn't hard to believe he'd control them in this form, indeed. And his entire character, as a "horror-oriented Shakespeare"? What a stroke of genius! I had a blast reading this sheet!

Lustig: Ah, leave it to Padoru to make us fall in love with a con artist! I just adore his "uselessness" in actual combat and his hyper-focus on other matters... Much more interesting, finantial matters... If used right I believe he'd be a great asset in a War, but his personality is truly in the way as well hahah. His Noble Phantasm was so fun, I love the idea of him just... scamming someone so blatantly. Gosh, why can't we have an animation with these characters in times like this! (And I say that with confidence, I'd watch an entire season of this man. The more I was reading your sheet, the bond lines, the dialogues, the more I was falling in love. He's so charming DANG IT.)

Shiloh: Oh my God this is amazing. I love support-type Servants, so this sheet was fated to already hit that sweet spot from the very start. But you went the extra mile and made this a very enjoyable experience, so much that I was sad when I finished reading it. I wanted more! Anyway, I love the energy this servants gives off, you can sense just by reading her abilities and skills that she is indeed so upbeat. You caught me by thr heart, that's not fair! ;-; I loved how simple and yet how nice her NP was, too. Being a drummer boy was indeed no small feat, and the sound of it was as much of psychological warfare as it was a sort of trigger to enter "the zone" for the soldiers. So I really liked that you've incorporated that in this sheet. What a nice entry, thanks for that!

Halley: Whoa, Wyvern! This was AMAZING! I truly have no words other than praises that I could shout ad infinitum, but well... Lemme try to make them as readable as possible, I guess. You did such a good job with the background. It was smooth, it felt like a book, it explained this character perfectly. A strong start. I love how you've incorporated Edmond Halley in this Servant too, the idea of him and this space rock that he saw as "something" is so sweet... I have a weak spot for non-human Servants, ask my lvl100 Voyager about that, so this was so sweet to read, and so surprisingly deep too. I think you've treated the prompt and the Servant both with great care and it shows a lot in the final product.

© Reiinachi
    .check out my Servant sheets if you are interested.

Blog Entries
    Howaito it nice to hear from you again as you are the positive mood in the thread(s) ,i hope that you had no hard times. And i am curious about your contribution servant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Hitchcock: YES. I don't even care that some people have a beef against modern Servants, I love them and I'll protect them until the end. I loved this idea, BnEl! You're always so good at making something that is enjoyable and faithful at the same time... One day I want to have a half of your talent, please hahaha. Anyway! What a nice idea to make him an Assassin/Caster hybrid, it truly suits him. And I liked the detail of how his skills ties in with this abilities as a filmmaker (and a side-actor) so seamlessly... He's so associated with his movie about birds that it indeed isn't hard to believe he'd control them in this form, indeed. And his entire character, as a "horror-oriented Shakespeare"? What a stroke of genius! I had a blast reading this sheet!
    Haha, thanks WhiteFrenzy. For me personally, I love how this month's prompt kind of served as an excuse for me to write up more modern Servants. I initially planned to write a Caster/Berserker Stanley Milgram to complement my previous Freud and Skinner sheets, but I hit a dead-end halfway through, so I put that idea back in the backburner and went with the more famous and arguably easier Hitchcock. Glad you enjoyed him.
    Feel free to look at my Servant sheets here (Now 100% fixed and viewable)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Haha, thanks WhiteFrenzy. For me personally, I love how this month's prompt kind of served as an excuse for me to write up more modern Servants. I initially planned to write a Caster/Berserker Stanley Milgram to complement my previous Freud and Skinner sheets, but I hit a dead-end halfway through, so I put that idea back in the backburner and went with the more famous and arguably easier Hitchcock. Glad you enjoyed him.
    So would be actually modern media servants actually be allowed in the contest ? in either case your Hitchcock is rather interesting and well thought out onne Question given that my Kay Kawus has legendary birds would i be curious what he would think from him ? and you didnt espnded to my reaction f your Orestes annd Liu Pengli ?

Hey! Are you ready to go? RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    So would be actually modern media servants actually be allowed in the contest ? in either case your Hitchcock is rather interesting and well thought out onne Question given that my Kay Kawus has legendary birds would i be curious what he would think from him ? and you didnt espnded to my reaction f your Orestes annd Liu Pengli ?
    I'm sure modern media figures like Harry Potter or Naruto wouldn't be allowed. Just modern history.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I'm sure modern media figures like Harry Potter or Naruto wouldn't be allowed. Just modern history.
    i understand thank you .

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Image Source

Class: Caster
    Other Classes: N/A
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: Japan

Parameters:
    STR: E
    END: D
    AGI: E
    MGI: C
    LCK: C+
    NP: B

Height: 151 cm
    Weight: 40 kg
    Dislikes: Opulence, impurity
    Talent: Tea ceremonies, making others feel welcome
    Natural Enemy: N/A
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Humanoid, Male
    Armament: Tea utensils
    Catalyst: Tea bowl fragment

Skills
    Class Skills

Tea Room Creation - Rank A+: A variant of the Territory Creation Skill. Allows for the creation of a ‘Tea Room’, a highly specialized bounded field.
    Allows for the nigh-instantaneous setting up of a ‘Tea Room’. Though it is possible for Caster to create a territory suited for hosting hundreds of people, his own tastes and preferences mean that this Skill’s true worth is only shown to parties under five.

Item Construction (Tea Ceremony) - Rank EX: A specialized variant of the Item Construction Skill. Deals exclusively in the implements of a tea ceremony.
    Even if using materials of extremely low quality, production of utensils and other tools is possible with exceedingly high-quality results. Through the principles of alchemy, blends of tea can be made from ordinary leaves. With base materials of higher quality, truly divine results can be achieved.

Personal Skills

Chanoyu - Rank EX: The Way of Tea, a legendary cornerstone of Japanese culture. A refined art that can be likened to an almost religious ceremony.
    Caster possesses a perfect understanding of tea ceremonies. His tea ceremonies exude respect and harmony and refresh the spirits of attendees. Chanoyu also allows Caster insight into the personalities of others, allowing him to cater to each individuals’ tastes.

Proof of Friendship - Rank A: A Skill to suppress an enemy Servant's fighting spirit to a certain extent, where then a dialogue can begin. However, the enemy Servant must not possess a Mental Corruption Skill. In a Holy Grail War, an advantageous check can be obtained when constructing temporary alliances.
    As an extension of his art’s use as a political tool, Caster can quell the fighting spirit of others in order to aid negotiations.

Noble Phantasms

One Time, One Meeting
    Wabi-Cha

Type: Ceremony
    Range: 1~3
    Max Targets: 5
    The pinnacle of Caster’s art, serving as his Noble Phantasm and the crystallization of his ideal of a ‘Tea Ceremony’. Wabi-Cha could be said to be a “Pseudo- Reality Marble”, as its activation both manifests a separate space and draws a number of targets inside. As the Noble Phantasm is activated, targets are affected by a mental interference effect that obligates them to take part in Caster’s tea ceremony. However, this is actually an unintended side-effect as Caster’s intent is to properly instruct his guests on the conduct of a tea ceremony.
    With the targets in a suitable mood, Wabi-Cha is fully activated and the guests, along with Caster, are drawn into a separate space. There, they will undertake a perfect tea ceremony. Participation lifts the spirits of Wabi-Cha’s targets as well as clearing their minds and sharpening their focus. A persistent effect reducing the damage the targets deal to each other is also included.

Lore
    Caster’s true identity is Sen no Rikyu, the Tea Saint. He is regarded as the man with the most profound influence on Japanese tea ceremonies.
    Sen no Rikyu was born in Sakai (modern Osaka) into a merchant family. By the age of nineteen, he had begun to study under the fabled tea master Takeno Joo. He later underwent Zen training, though the middle years of his life are largely a mystery.
    Rikyu eventually came under the employment of Oda Nobunaga. Under her, he used his art to cement alliances and unite the vassals under his lord. Tea ceremonies became exclusive events, with invitations only to the worthy.
    After Nobunaga’s fall at Honnouji, Rikyu moved to serve under Toyotomi Hideyoshi. He played a central role in the Grand Kitano Tea Ceremony.
    During his service to Hideyoshi, Rikyu developed a great many utensils for use in tea ceremonies as well as defining the rustic and simple aesthetic in use even in the modern era. He is also credited with the design and construction of the Tai-an tea room, later designated as a National Treasure.
    Due to their crucial differences in opinion, with Rikyu’s preference for simplicity and Hideyoshi’s love of opulence, Rikyu was ordered by his lord to commit suicide. At the end of his life, he held a magnificent tea ceremony for a select few, gifting them with his personal utensils. The last of his guests stayed behind to witness his death.
    His death poem is recorded as follows:

Welcome to thee,
    O sword of eternity!
    Through Buddha
    And through Daruma alike
    Thou hast cleft thy way.

Personality
    A disciplined and serene old man. Rather than being unfeeling, Rikyu is closer to someone that is ‘always in control’ of himself. Though he is an artist, he gives off an aura more befitting of a saint or a priest.
    Naturally, he possesses a great love of tea. Though Rikyu does not expect others to fully share his passion, he is delighted if they show interest. When directing a tea ceremony, his demeanour changes, becoming strict but gentle and always freely offering his warm guidance to those unfamiliar with the proceedings.
    Rikyu enjoys the thought of service, and cherishes the idea of bringing pleasure, tranquility, and clarity to those taking part in his tea ceremonies. Having brought even the most bitter rivals to his table, he could be likened to a deal broker in terms of diplomacy.
    Rikyu’s wish to the Holy Grail is to play the role of guest in a perfect tea ceremony, rather than always being the host.

Relationships

Oda Nobunaga: Rikyu’s first master. Though at odds with her violent nature, he holds great respect for her talent and dedication.

Toyotomi Hideyoshi: Rikyu’s second master. He holds no grudge against Hideyoshi for ordering his suicide. However, death has done little to quell their differences in opinion.

Shuten-Douji: A most troublesome guest. As an unruly, alcoholic oni, Rikyu regards her as ‘the ultimate challenge’ in terms of providing a satisfactory experience. The lack of alcohol and strict protocol would be the most troublesome details.

Gilgamesh: Rikyu is no stranger to dealing with figures of high status, and as such believes that he could provide for the King of Heroes. Rikyu believes the greatest challenge with Gilgamesh would be the quality of the ceremony, the tools and the tea. As the opulent King of Heroes, his own rustic and simple tastes might cause a clash.

Iskandar: As a king that freely adopted the customs of those he conquered, Iskandar is a most desired guest for Rikyu’s tea ceremonies. In fact, he reminds Rikyu somewhat of his first master. In his opinion, the greatest hurdle in a tea ceremony for Iskandar would be the selection of other guests.

Qin Shi Huang: A great emperor from China, where tea and tea ceremonies originated. Rikyu would be interested to hear the First Emperor’s opinion on the direction that tea ceremonies in Japan developed, as well as to compare the arts of China and Japan.

Creator Notes
    Something of a quickie, but after mulling over some options I recalled reading about Rikyu and that was that.
    Unfortunately, I don't actually know all that much about tea, so that side of the sheet is severely lacking.