Page 326 of 369 FirstFirst ... 226276316321324325326327328331336 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,520 of 7368

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    A gathering of the brightest mind of the field of life may I participate to see how people view life here in this world.

Class: Foreigner
    True Name: Ibn Wahshiyya
    Origins: IraqChaldeas
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral.

Parameters:
    Strength: D
    Agility: D
    End: C
    Mana: EX
    Luck: A
    NP: EX

LoreIbn Washiyya was, as always, a conundrum as they are little records of his life before he began his translation work. He fashions himself as a descendant of an ancient king of Chaldea. His primary fame is in the writing of the Nabatean Agriculture, where he wrote a translation of a lost work of the ancient Nabatean way of farming as the remnant records of one of the earliest ways that mass agriculture was done in the past. Though scholars argue about the claim that his work was that of ancient Mesopotamian people, as in the text, they are techniques that are thought to be way too advance for the ancient people. In a way, they are right. These writings aren’t from the ancient Nabatean, at least not of our own. This writing is one from a distant yet close realm that of our one as the true identity of Ibn Washiyya is the last john doe that fled the crumbling replica world of Chaldeas. From there, he was then given by his world a title he thought to be too good for himself. Archetype: Chaldeas.

PersonalityHe only has remnants of his personality left off when he was just a regular guy; his actions and words would always have a quiet 5-second pause as if a collective soul was fighting to control his actions. Thus to an outside viewer, he is indeed that very alien to us, but that is what happens when an ordinary man is forced to bare the weight of the world. Though deep down, he still loves nature and science, his admiration for plants has been shown to influence him to be more docile as those souls are the ones he lets control the most due to his great memories of being with them. Ways As he is in his old nature when he relives them again as an excited yet struggling scientist.

Class Skills Existence from Outside the Domain (EX Rank): This skill encapsulates Ibn Wahsiyya’s whole being as an emissary of another world from those otherworldly texts that are beyond and yet familiar to our own. As it is one of the remnants works of the Alien World that of Chaldeas, it houses the planet will to live there. As one lucky survivor from that replica planet, he has been deemed the one that will carry out its will, for he forced upon his hand the title of Chaldeas Ultimate One for him to become Archetype: Chaldea.

"This skill is the constant painful reminder that I am nothing but a stranger in this world. Though the feeling is familiar, it is entirely foreign for me."

Item Construction (C++ Rank): A skill that creates many odd trinkets though its potency lies in otherworld elixirs and medication. As Ibn Wahshiyya can create many of them through his garden. Which is the workshop he makes. Though he rarely uses them just thought of this habit as a bit of a flight of fancy.

"A little side thing that I do, it sometimes kept me sane from all the tormented inner voices echoing in my head."

Territory Creation ( A Rank): Creates an otherworldly greenhouse that houses many foreign types of plants as a sort of mystical dimensional Arboretum that Ibn Washiyya tends towards. This has always been his passion as he sets out into different worlds, collecting each grain of seed into his ever-expanding collection. However, this passion is more so a compulsion by the inner voices of Chaldea to rebuild itself.

"Welcome to my little garden. I grew this all by myself from the things I gathered in my journey though I only faintly remember it myself as I wasn't myself during those times. I sometimes marvel at the things I supposedly wrote during those escapades. It seems the voices did fully control me during those times."

Personal SkillsWill of the Alien World (EX Rank): A interesting growth skill that lets Ibn Washiyya endure any magecraft or skill of this world. The more that he is exposed to a certain effect, the more likely he is going to build up resistance toward it. He has become no more a vessel for the will of life in Chaldeas, and like any other life, even after they are gone, they are still pushing their will to live on through him. These wills a cryptically inscribe within the Nabatean Agriculture as the pieces of the collective will of Chaldea's world.

"This will is it that of my own or that has been shoved down upon me, but this the final gift of my old home. Ultimately, I will cherish it as nothing is like home sweet home."

Astral Harvester (A Rank): A Unique Skill that allows Ibn Washiya to imbue plants he comes across with mana that allows them to grow and thrive to their fullest potential. They sometimes create a super genetic mutation that allows them to grow and spread rapidly. So much so that touches single grain of wheat can turn into a giant acre of farmland overnight. From his most famous work, the Nabataea Agriculture. Where he goes into detail on the ancient practices of people in ancient Mesopotamia in their ways of farming and the like, this work is more like the old diary of his research back home at Chaldea.

"Old tools of the trade, I have crafted them to the extreme though their purpose now is one with the planet rather than my flight fancy."

Soul of The Lost Planet (EX Rank): The essence of life and survival of another world was thrust upon Ibn Washiya in this skill. For all, life’s goal is to survive day by day. This skill is the culmination of the will of the planet Chaldeas to survive. For every life that is once, there are putting their voices on towards him. To carry on their legacy towards the stars above. This skill forces Ibn Washiyya to grow in strength and parameter exponentially whenever he is at adversity and close to death as the will of Chladeas compels him to push his saint graph beyond its limits by siphoning the life energy and soul of living things around him to create a giant avatar of condense mana as he loses himself in the will of every life that has walk in Chaldea soil to keep their will alive somewhere in a new world.

"These cascading souls and life that surrounds me, they are many, just one phrase. Let our legacy survive. Repeated, over and over again. At first, I was terrified. But I came to accept the call in the end"

Noble PhantasmImaginary Lost Garden, Eden’s Grand Order
    Type: Anti-World

From the ashes of the end sprouts a new world; this Noble Phantasm grows an imaginary texture as this noble phantasm is always active, though its intensity changes depending on the active will of the people. Most don’t realize the true nature of this noble phantasm when in smaller or minute doses, as the texture that has overwritten the previous can be nearly identical. Though this Noble Phantasm can’t rewrite anything artificial. To an era of primal times. A sort of renaissance of Chaldea’s imagined long-lost past. A What if history that never happened on earth is filled with misplaced life, a life that is familiar yet foreign all the same? An extensive fabrication of an imaginary world steep in the uncanny valley.

"Our Lost Garden, How I miss it all. Our people, Our Grass, Our Sky, Our Earth, and Our World. From the ashes of your own world, I will recreate Our Eden right here and right now."

Lostbelts Combability ReportsLostbelt 1, Anastasia: and here we thought the frozen wasteland had taken down the trees long ago, but it seems not. Though we can see, even the shrubs here are hardened. There is no single site of any large-scale fields at work here. Such is the brutal nature of this Lostbelt. Well, good thing this place would crumble soon as we don’t want this dingy place to be a basis for our revival.

Lostbelt 2, Götterdämmerung: Finally, a calm oasis. This beautiful little garden is such a shame that this Eden is surrounded by frost and giants. However, it wasn’t as bad as the ones in Russia. At least the icy touch gave them a certain peculiar beauty. Though a brighter note, this is the first time We saw those seeds sprout. They are quite peculiar. Aren’t they the seeds that will grow into a new world?

Lostbelt 3, SIN: Rows and rows of farmland. This seems quite quaint. We can see why this is called a Utopia. Though staring at it for too long can be a bit boring. But again, there is something about this view that reminds me of simple times in a far of the countryside. We have high hopes for this one right here.

Lostbelt 4, Yuga Kesthra: This place’s life is too volatile to be considered a foundation for anything tantamount, and which each reset, we can see the life around here began to dwindle even more. The little leaves all feel the first impact of such an occurrence. Though this has been happening here since ages ago, we can’t help but feel that someone has been perpetuating it much more lately. But that is none of our business now.

Lostbelt 5, Olympus: This is quite the cozy place here. At first, we were hesitant about this lost belt when we first set it on the isle of Atlantis, sure there is some greenery with some of the isles, but their metallic nature doesn’t sit right with us. But then we enter this magnificent city here. No wonder this world is lotted to be the best of them all. Sitting in this bountiful garden by Demeter put us at ease.

Lostbelt 6, Avalon La Fae: We got to say we are a bit disappointed with this Lostbelt. We guess the Calamities have taken their toll on life around here. We heard of the many fantastical stories of Avalon’s Garden, but this was all just bloody plain. The magic here is harsh and cruel, with only a veneer of the whimsical air we heard. Again, that stench of decay has rotten this world to the core. It feels like the world has given up on itself.

Lostbelt 7, Nahui Mictlan: It took a while to find this underground paradise. But we are seeing this mesmerizing beauty. It is worth it in the end. So, this is the last of them. Well, it certainly went out with a bang though it is sad that the world here seems so passive. However, the stench is not as bad as the one in Britain. The whole atmosphere of this world is quite somber for our liking after seeing all these worlds. It makes us ponder what kind of world we want to leave behind here. Maybe it is finally time to regrow our new world. This world would be better than any other one, our new Eden.

RelationshipMerlin: Hello there, Mage of Flowers, don’t mind me here. I am just here to admire your Garden. It is certainly quite beautiful. Do you mind if I take a single flower from here as a bit of a souvenir?

Gilgamesh: I see; you shouted your anger at me for being nothing but a faker, but I speak the truth. Surely your eyes and wisdom see that I speak no falsehood, however. I understand the absurdity of it all.

Koyanskaya of Darkness: I hear to have collected every beast from all across the lost belts and care to share samples. I have collected the plants but not the animals yet. How much am I willing to pay? I am scrapped out of QP now… but I see you have left by now.

Archetype: Earth: This is Earth's Archetype. An immortal vampire, huh talk about a being more fitting for the title of a planet's Ultimate One. Unlike me, who luckily or unluckily got it cause I am the only one left around. How did I bloody survive the whole thing.

Edward Drinker Cope and Othniel Charles Marsh: Tsk, the sight of you two really cracks me up, though a rivalry can be great. Don't let it get in your heads, Alright? Remember, you two are preserving your Planet’s History. Don’t squander it over some petty grudges.

Barbara McClintock: Don’t you ever go beyond just corn. Your achievements are quite fascinating though your scope is quite limited by your nature. There is only so much that you can glean from the world through corn alone.

Helen Beatrix Potter: So is that how you see it then, I already made my peace about my place in this world. For I am but a fragment of a dying world. That so desperately cling to life. I will enjoy our talk for now, but eventually, I must take a stand for my world. Though, I will miss this one as I will treasure it like the stories you wrote.

The DNA Freaks: Don't you dare touch me, none of that crap. Stay away from me. I am not some toy you can play with. Just put your bloody tools away from me.

"As Ibn Washiyya glows Luminously as the light swallows the entire garden as the light fades. The Garden has grown around them an entire Forrest whose ecology is entirely mismatched"

I am sorry for that. A poor soul within me had terrible memories of this that lit a reaction with the others. I just managed to get it under control. I will give you some hair samples, but that is it. Don't ask for more, or the consequences can be more dire the next time around.

Richard Owens: You are the one who grudges against history itself. Suppose you can rewrite history where you are the victory. Would you take it? I can grant you that history. All you have to do is ask me for it. You are not going to take it. Ultimately, you still loved this planet too much to let someone mess with it.

"Three Corpses": Yuck, little parasites. I suppose everywhere I go. These things are always present, but they always sicken me to my core. You how can only survive by leaching off on others. The worst of the worse, plus this is a place for scientific discussions. It’s not a place for the likes of you.

Francesco Redi: Omne Vivum Ex Vivo, huh. Where does that leave me? I suppose you could say that I was born through my parents, but that is on a small scale. Then you also could say that the engineers of my planet would consider my creators. The life I came from, though saying it out loud, felt so wrong. So, what is your professional opinion on the matter, sir? What kind of life did I come from?

Li Shizhen: This is a quaint little garden that you have here. It reminds me of my old home. Though not quite the same, it has this odd air of familiarity with who I was back home. Where I was just a simple scientist trying to understand the world that I lived in. Now that I learned the truth of that matter. It should be gratifying, but why did it feel so hollow?

Charles Fredrick Holder: I see that you’re an eccentric sort of character though I suppose my tale does sound something that came out of a fever dream. Trust me. It is as real as the tips of your fingers. Though whether you trust me on the matter is your choice alone.

Frizt Muller: The ones who copy the tools of another, it has always been a part of nature, but we humans have grown weary of our own identity as we guard them so closely more than any other type of treasure. Tell me, what do you think of it? Why are humans so judgmental when one of us mimics another? When mimicking has always been a part of nature.

Jean Baptiste Lamarck: It’s a Pleasure to meet he who binds live in neat little boxes. However, life is not always that simple. As an example, is well yours truly, tell me what kind of category you would fit me in. Human, perhaps, given how I look and my overall demeanor, but then lies my origins. Some would categorize me in an entirely different box because of that. For that is the folly of your field for every conundrum you find, you just keep making new boxes, and in the end, all you are left with is a bunch of boxes with little substance in them.

Dolly The Sheep: I see the likes in you as my old world, just you are, but a replica of another, and my world is just a replica of this one here. I don’t know if I should be grateful or what. That the world I end up in would be so similar to. But this nagging feeling within me seems so restless of it all. You needn’t have to worry about it. You yourself already carried the memories of a single being pressed against you.

Shaman of Ancient Florida: The Nabatean Agriculture is history, my history, The history has long lived through in Chaldeas. It’s the history of my world. I will not have it be spat upon and trample underfoot of all people. I thought you would understand my plight. Or is it one that came out of bitterness for your own lost history? Know this Shaman, for each heavenly body has its own history and will. Can you feel it, Ruler, the weight of it all being forced down on me, as the soul of every being in Chaldeas clawed its way within my Saint Graph, then be a dear like Heracles and try to hold it all for me just a moment. To see if you can handle it at all.

Last edited by Ismail2002; June 23rd, 2023 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Update Relationship Segments to Shaman of Ancient Florida

slight mistake

Very interesting Foreigner servant-I wasn't expecting him to be Chaldeas related.
    Last edited by TrueMrMultiverse; June 1st, 2023 at 11:28 PM. Reason: wanted to change it a bit

...I know no cure for evil. DracoScribe's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"All right! Next we have... Who the fuck?"

"Language, Cope."

"How else am I supposed to react to this?! There's barely anything to him!"

"So this has stumped you but not your various findings on fossils? My Cope, I expected at least a bit more from you."

"WHY YOU LITTLE...! Fine! Ahem."

The professor adjusted his clothing yet again, Marsh rolling his eyes at his easy-to-rile nature while Fröbel is trying his damndest to not interrupt them.

"Next is...Mister Ibr Wahshiyya. He is the author of several works, but he is most notably known thanks to his book, 'The Nabataean Agriculture'. Not to be confused with the ancient Nabataeans of Petra, the ones of Mister Wahshiyya's book are those from the medieval era of what is known as Iraq today. It is thanks to him, even if some find the book dubious, that we have some insight to this culture."

"And yet the man himself was a mystery... At least, the one from our world. Mister Wahshiyya is not completely the mysterious author of 'The Nabataean Agriculture'. He is a denizen of CHALDEAS, who would have been lost to the Incineration of Humanity, were he not chosen as that world's Emissary of Hope."

"As one who records the remnants of a lost world in our timeline, I sincerely wish you success in your endeavors, sir, to rebuild your own."

"See? Was that so hard?"

"Well excuse me for being surprised at his existence!"

"Tsk, the sight of you two really cracks me up. Even if a rivalry can be great, you both let get in your head."

"What the fuck?!"
    "...I beg your pardon?"

"Remember, you’re preserving your Planet’s History. Don’t squander it over some petty grudges."

"Hey! It's not my fault! That sneaky asshole keeps nagging at me!"

"I wouldn't be 'nagging' you if you weren't such a bumbling imcompotent."

"Why I outta—!"

The distinct sound of the safety off echoed.

"Now now, we don't want to have a dispute break out so soon, Professors," said a serenely smiling Fröbel, assault rifle in hand.

"You know we have dinosaurs as Noble Phantasms, yes?"

"And you know who has the most combat experience between the three of us, yes?"

Marsh was silent.

Cope was not.

He coughed in embarassment. "I get it, I get it. Apologies again, Mister Fröbel."

His rival sighed. "My apologies as well, Mister Fröbel."

Now his smile was warm. "Apologies accepted," the teacher said as he put away his rifle. "Now." He turned to the Chaldean author with a slight bow. "Thank you for accepting the invitation. We welcome you to the conference. I'm looking forward to hearing your knowledge be spoken of directly instead of narrated from your work. I am, as the most recent generation would say, a 'very big fan' of flora."

Fröbel was unfazed while the man took a while to reply.

The teacher found it well worth it as he found the familiar smile of someone in their passion and element.

"Thank you for sending it. I didn't think someone as normal as me would get an invitation to something this grand! I can't wait to meet other scientists like myself."

Fröbel laughed, glad to hear that.

"Then may we chat while we wait? Oh, we can even include Dr. McClintock. She has insights to the genetic makeup of plants."

And so once again Fröbel chatted with the guest, though he had to settle a minor dispute between the man and the maize cytogeneticist as she seemed to have taken some offense to her specialization with maize while the agriculturist was merely convincing her to broaden her horizons. Thankfully, thanks to its minor nature, it was resolved, and Fröbel could speak with both before he had to change his focus and leave.

Ibn Wahshiyya: Hmm. The wording is still awkward in places, or outright feeling like words are missing. As an example:

"Tsk, [the sight of you two really cracks me up though a rivalry can be great. It’s it you both let get in your head.] Remember, you’re preserving your Planet’s History. Don’t squander it over some petty grudges."

The part I put in brackets feels weird to me. It feels like there should be a comma (,) between the "cracks me up" and "though a rivalry", but then "It'd it you both" follows and I'm started to think the previous half of the sentence should combined with this new one. Hence why Wahshiyya's dialogue above is edited in such a way. There are a couple of moments exactly likes this (again, either awkward wording or confusing words) but I'll admitI don't feel too up to copy-pasting all of it right now.

I'm also...not sure if I understood the backstory completely? Is he from the past of Chaldeas? How would that work? Does that mean when Chaldeas was incinerated, he had escaped it or something? I guess basically I'm saying: i have no idea what i'm looking at for lore. i know chaldeas is involved but then i just have so many questons. or maybe im just not understanding it for some reason

Now with that out of the way...yes I actually do like this. I know it's like...a niche...but I really do like how you make all these Middle Eastern(? I'mma gonna call it that; correct me if I'm wrong) Servants. I might not like them as much as some other sheets, but I appreciate it all the same. And that is the case for Wahsiyya. Despite the hiccups, I liked this sheet and leanrining he exists. I think the spin you put on him being (presumably? cuz again i might be misunderstanding) from CHALDEAS is neat from what I looked up on wikipedia (because I cannot see Nabataean without think Fire Emblem and so couldn't help but look it up) and I feel bad he basically has to deal with a bunch of souls(? Or something like that) burying what little of his identity remains...but at least it can pop up every once in a while. (Which I hopefully got right???)
    Last edited by DracoScribe; June 2nd, 2023 at 01:03 AM.
    Author of:
    Persona 5: Refraction (SV link; FF.net link)
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Chapter 55 on: April 24, 2024 (GMT +8:00)
    Velvet Throne
    My list of my Servants! Still small for now.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    That is the gist of it. His experience is similar to that of Olga Marie but in reverse. Where Olga Marie fell into Chaldea from Earth, Ibn Washiyya is the opposite, with him falling from Chaldea into Earth. with a vague recollection of his memories in Chaldea with his records that he pen as the Nabatean Agriculture, but when he was recorded into the throne of heroes he still has remnants of his time in the actual world sort of like FemMusashi, and during the events of Cosmos in the Lostbelt, there is a force link between Chaldea and Earth where the rising remnants of life in Chaldea are using Ibn Washiyya as an Avatar for it's will hence why he is classified as Type: CHALDEAS. And thanks for spotting the errors there. I think my Grammarly was a bit broken today. I will fix those errors right away.
    Last edited by Ismail2002; June 2nd, 2023 at 01:40 AM.

Blog Entries
    hard now

Blog Entries
    A really cool idea was forming in my head, and then I noticed that agricultural economics isn't really biology

I'm gonna cry

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Me but with psychology

Blog Entries
    come on, you two
    there is certainly some japanese poet/whatever that looked at....leaves, studied them and did some texts or whatnot.

i sucked this out of my ass, but apparently there is someone that fits this bill https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinzō_Matsumura

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matsuo_Bashō might also work, because his poems seem to indicate an almost scientific approach of observing.

just my two cents on things that might work for your styles and skills
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    For real, at least half of it is because I'm giga burned out with musings on the nature of life and its relationship to the world after I spent three solid weeks in the Magus contest coming up with Flame Poem, only for it to fly over half of everyone's heads and get dunked on by two thirds of everyone.

I did briefly consider the guy who invented a bunch of youkai, but I'm really not feeling Japan this time. There's a certain field of German folklore I want to wade into this time, but I can't find any decent farmers where it wouldn't feel forced to cram these things into a real person...

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

I'm a peaceful woman with bad intentions. Lady Vanatos's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Tough prompt but as Nasuverse fans, I'm sure we all collectively have the ability to Bullshit a largely unrelated concept into the prompt, and somehow make it work.
    Current FGO setup

Blog Entries
    I think... I might have someone I'd do. Maybe. Technically.
    If not, I probably have one backup.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries

It is a beautiful day outside in the garden. Life goes on, plants of all colours and sorts growing in the sunlight, blowing in the breeze. An idyllic path leading to the call which reaches out for Heroic Spirits… for once, not a grail, but something free of conflict. A celebration of a sort, to enjoy and delight in life.

Of course, this sort of perfection, this sort of ideal which might otherwise be thought unreachable…

Is a magnet for mischief, for those who would delight in its besmirchment.

With that, a young rabbit leaps along the edges of the path, drunk off of his own freedom. He frolics without a care in the world, delighting as he gorges himself on flowers and vegetables, digging up earth and otherwise making a mess. An intruder to paradise, small and assuming he is, but still not clearly not of this place.

As the rabbit leaps around, dancing with bravado and jumping up as high as he can, again and again…

A hand clasps around his midsection, halting his advance.

For heavens sake, knock it off, will you?” A stern voice cuts through the rabbit’s revelry, accompanied by a matching steely gaze. “You’re making a real mess of things. The two of us are guests, here on invite, you know.

The rabbit turns up its nose, not bothering to make eye contact with its captor. Instead, it struggles and thrashes to break free, and finds the vice which holds it holds fast.

The captor lets out a sigh. “Well, I was hoping to give you a bit of fresh air, but it seems that was a mistake. I’ll put you away for now to give you some time to learn your lesson.

The rabbit let out a snorting sound, a desperate plea, but finds its voice unheard. With a glowing light, the rabbit returns to its original form, left inert… a stuffed toy, which the woman puts in a pocket.

Ah… it would probably be best to not draw too much attention to you to begin with…” The woman continues, even as her troublesome pet now cannot hear her. She looks up the hill to the building atop, doors open. She finds it a bit odd to have a conference of this nature held in an institution of learning for children… although it may or may not prove to be to benefit of her patience. After all, those who would find their egos irritated by the choice of venue enough to not choose to show would likely be difficult to deal with if they were to appear. “…It’s been quite a while, but for the first time in ages, I’m appearing here in my capacity as a scientist.

With a small smile, the woman makes her way up the hilltop, to the beacon which now calls out to the Throne.

Source

True Name: Helen Beatrix Potter
    Class: Caster
    Other Qualifying Classes: None
    Source: Historical Fact
    Place of Origin: England
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Height: 160 cm / 5’2”
    Weight: 54 kg / 120 lbs
    Traits: Humanoid, Hominidae, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Catalyst: Her ‘picture letters’, A very old stuffed rabbit

Parameters:
    Strength: E
    Endurance: D
    Agility: E
    Mana: B
    Luck: A
    NP: C

Likes: Animals, Visually-appealing fungi, Simple, honest life
    Dislikes: Classism and elitism, being thought of ‘only’ as a children’s writer
    Talent: Naturalistic Observation, Illustration (All)
    Natural Enemy: Walt Disney
    Attribute: Human
    Armament: Fungi, Peter Rabbit (and friends)

Lore:

Beatrix Potter, born July 28th, 1866, was from the onset promised a life of comfort. Her family, rich unitarians from Manchester, had amassed great wealth through her maternal grandfather’s trade of cotton, leaving her and her older brother to a life of luxury. At the same time as it was comfortable, however, it was also isolated. What little contact with other people which Beatrix could claim at a young age consisted mostly of her family’s hired help, governesses and staff. Her mother was mostly hands-off as a parent, leaving her education and day-to-day care to others.

Without much in the way of friends amongst humans, Beatrix spent much of her early years seeking friendship amongst animals. She had a truly astonishing number of pets around her throughout her early years, consisting of dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, mice, birds, lizards, bats, butterflies and more. Spending what time she wasn’t educated otherwise immersing herself among the natural, she quickly developed a passion and curiosity for the many other forms of life beyond humans which called the world home. Her parents, both connected to artistry, influenced Beatrix, alongside the picture books which she spent much of her time immersed in, and she quickly took to drawing and painting as a pastime. She drew much, particularly composing art of her pets. When an animal fell ill and passed, Beatrix, displaying a remarkable ability for detachment, would have the carcass skinned and draw the skeleton beneath. In that sense, even early in life, Beatrix could be seen to have the mind of a scientist in how she took account of the world around her.

Spending her summer holidays amidst the wilderness of Scotland, at her family’s second estate, she grew to explore the world around her, and observe through recording. Writing of her experiences, sketching whatever oddity she could come across. Her father’s hobby in photography led him to befriend and make contact with a painter, and Beatrix’s occasional visit to the man’s studio further let her acquire the skills that would enable her growing talent, with her learning how to mix her own paints. At the same time as she grew to know and come closer to the world of nature, her separation from normal humans persisted, with the photos she frequently ended up in at her father’s hand showing her as a severe young girl, rarely smiling like a child should be expected to.

As Beatrix matured, and her parents paid to further her education at home (university, at the time, was out of question for woman), she grew to become acquainted and knowledgeable about all manner of natural sciences. She learned of botany, collected and sketched fossils, and familiarized herself with etymology. Her experience as an artist further informed her interests, and she drew much of what she learned of in her spare time. With her particularly finding herself drawn to mushrooms for their vibrant appearance, she found her specific passion further pushed along by a chance meeting on holiday with an amateur mycologist named Charles McIntosh, who taught her taxonomy, advised her on improving her scientific paintings, and provided her some of his samples on request. Her interest furthering, Beatrix began to peel back the mystery of her subjects and look further, beginning to research spores and germination. Using her family’s further connections, she began furthering her research, writing her observations down. Despite running into issues amidst the almost entirely male-dominated field of mycology, dealing with antagonistic contemporaries, Beatrix’s research progressed, with her writing up her findings in a proper research paper, On the Germination of the Spores of the Agaricineae, and submitting it to a learned society for reading. Unable to attend the meeting herself due to her sex, the paper was nonetheless read aloud and earned some support. However, Beatrix withdrew the paper after realizing some of the samples she had used to reach the contained conclusions were contaminated. While she continued her studies personally for several years afterwards, she never resubmitted the paper. Her interest and involvement in mycology faded into the background of her life following for reasons not immediately identifiable. Perhaps she felt she had little to gain, business sense she was later shown to have, or perhaps she was discouraged and disillusioned with the field due to the confrontations and issues of accessibility a woman in the field had to face. Either way, she moved on to different interests shortly afterward.

While Beatrix had grown older, she had remained in contact with her former governess Annie Carter Moore, remembering her as a teacher and friend, and additionally wrote letters to Moore’s family. She particularly wrote to Moore’s eldest son Noel, who was a sickly boy rarely fit to explore as she had done at his age. In September 1893, Beatrix, having run out of anecdotes from her own life to share, composed a unique letter. Within it, she wrote a short story describing four rabbit siblings, based on her own pets, and included illustrations drawing from the same sort of storybooks she herself had enjoyed while young. Having previously made money making art used for greeting cards, Beatrix returned to her picture letters several years later, adding additional artwork within and began to work on attempting to publish it. While she struggled to sell it to a publishing house initially, the first edition being given a very limited release at her own expense, eventually she managed to sell her idea to the firm Frederick Warne & Co, which had rejected it before. While they still seemed to put little stock into the storybook, the market for children’s literature was still within its golden age, and the promise of money and need to find a story to compete won them over.

And so, The Tale of Peter Rabbit was published, to immediate and staggering success. Beatrix continued to write other’s children stories and release them the following years, earning the love of children with her high-quality illustrations of her charming animal characters. Publishing two to three new stories a year, Beatrix additionally proved to be a capable businesswoman, exploring the possibility of further using the affectation her characters evoked. As soon as a year after her first tale was published, she had already made and patented a stuffed toy modeled off of Peter and begun to sell it commercially. This decision was the beginning of a merchandise empire which persists to the modern day long after Beatrix Potter herself, and Peter Rabbit is widely agreed upon to be the first licensed character in existence, proceeding children’s empire titans like the Walt Disney Company by decades.

At the same time, Beatrix grew close with her main ally and collaborator, Norman Warne. Warne had aided her regarding the technical aspects of her illustrations and work, and the two showed a healthy mutual respect, with Warne admiring her artistry and Beatrix valuing how his criticism helped her improve. Warne soon proposed marriage by correspondence over the course of Beatrix working on another picture book, and Beatrix agreed. Beatrix’s parents were incensed, unwilling to accept Beatrix marrying a man in the trades still without professional accomplishment, and Beatrix spat back, calling them hypocrites unwilling to acknowledge how the money they had lived comfortably with had came from her grandparent’s work as salespeople. Beatrix and Warne exchanged rings but did not go public with their engagement as a result of the ongoing arguments with her parents. Unfortunately, the pairing was not meant to last, as a mere month after the engagement had begun, Warne fell ill on return from a sales trip with lymphatic leukemia, and died soon afterwards from resulting pernicious anemia. Struck with grief, Beatrix finalized a purchase of a farm in England’s Lake District which she had been thinking of before, and left to live in the country to mourn in peace.

While Beatrix continued to write and publish several more of her tales over the course of this period, she also took up farming and the raising of livestock. Finding peace in village life and the rural land around her, life went on for her. She eventually married a well-respected local solicitor and settled into her life for good, staying alongside her purchased farmland and new community for the remainder of her life. She took to the breeding and raising of the local Herdwick sheep, earning respect from the local community for her keen eye for hired hands and usage of local, as-of-yet uncommon remedies for common biological illnesses. Her flocks won many prizes amongst the local agricultural shows, and she often was asked to serve as a judge herself. She also dedicated herself to the local conservation cause, collaborating with the National Trust and donating much of her purchased and refurbished farmland to them.

As she aged, Beatrix continued to be an active member of the local community. She continued to write and draw, but focused more on personal projects than commercially-widespread stories. She enjoyed the company of local youth, and while she and her husband were childless, she was close to her husband’s side of the family and helped in the education of several of her nieces. Beatrix passed away in 1943 at the age of 77, donating nearly all of her property to the National Trust, and her original illustrations for both her story books and her time as a member of England’s mycology community to the Armitt museum in Cumbria. Her legacy persists to this day, with her series of Tales stories and accompanying merchandise having accrued a staggering amount of money. Her character of Peter Rabbit enjoys worldwide recognition even now in the modern day, and her contributions to the field of mycology have received greater notice now following her passing.

Class Skills:

Item Construction D

A Skill denoting the ability to produce different types of magical objects and items. With Caster’s great talent as an illustrator and knowledge of natural sciences, she can create numerous different types of objects, but the actual quality is below average due to her recency as a Heroic Spirit. Extraction of natural compounds from fungi and plants to create poisons and medicines of various kinds, the ability to mix magically-imbued paint and creation of merchandise with minor magical effects are encompassed by this Skill.

I make my own proof-of-concepts… that sort of personal touch is an important part of painting, and that extends just as much to any other sort of creative process. Even if production can be entrusted to another person… you need to work to make the absolute best first impression possible to sell yourself to others. That’s also why mixing your own paint is an important part of moving forward as an artist… to allow the absolute highest level of self-expression, you need control over what sort of colours you have available to yourself, not anyone else.

Territory Creation B

The ability to create a territory advantageous to a magus. Regarding Caster, creation of a studio to aid in the production of her works is encompassed by this skill… but her other talents are folded in as well. She can create a laboratory to aid in working with fungi, and her notability as a conservationist allows for the rejuvenation of natural land. In Beatrix’s later years, she purchased and refurbished an immense amount of farmland under her estate. Her ability to transform land into a space which draws out what she wants or needs is quite high, giving her an above-average rank in this Skill. The amount of benefit she can pull out of a space, enclosed or outward facing is consistently effective.

I’m not going to pull anything too extravagant together, of course. That sort of toiling away in comfort strikes me as a real lousy way to conduct natural science, and bad for one’s character if some people are any indication. I might have been quite the wealthy woman by the end of my life, but there’s a reason all I needed to content myself was just a farm out in a beautiful spot of the countryside, and a job to keep me busy.

Personal Skills:

Familiar (Menagerie) C

A Skill encompassing a possession of a multitude of varied contracted familiars, usable for various minor tasks such as basic combat support and information gathering. Caster carries alongside her a truly enormous variety and raw number of Familiars alongside herself, including but not limited to cats, rabbits, mice, bats, Herdwick sheep and even butterflies and other insects.

Beatrix Potter spent her life surrounded by animals from beginning to end. As a child, she kept with her pets both exotic and common, as a writer, she used said pets as inspiration to create timeless stories and characters across many picture books, and as an older woman, she became a dedicated farmer knowledgeable of livestock raising and was revered locally for her prizewinning herds of sheep. As a sort of throughline to her greater legend as a Heroic Spirit paired alongside her Caster container, these many, many animals have now manifested as proper familiars.

This Skill allows Caster to keep many, many animals active at once to serve her, but it does possess limitations specific to its unique nature. Individual animals lose strength and speed in proportion to the number of familiars brought out at once, and these familiars all are much more brittle than a ‘proper’ familiar of their type would be, being able to dismissed by a modern mage of even middling quality, albeit only on an individual level. Nevertheless, the raw numbers this variant Skill deals in gives it quite a bit of coverage regarding situational utility.

Well, oh well, isn’t this lovely! Spot, Xarifa, Benjamin… all of my friends here, together with me. What a lovely gift the Throne has thought to give me here, hehe.

Business Sense A++

Encompasses a knack for turning deals to one’s favour, and otherwise the attainment of money. Distinct from the Skill Golden Rule which denotes an existence who gravitates value towards their being by virtue of their natural state of existence, or otherwise possesses a gift of wealth, this Skill describes the ability to use schemes or other means to obtain wealth without a gift for gravitating it towards one normally.

Caster, while her parents were quite wealthy, through inherited money from her grandparents’ line and her father obtaining a fortune from playing the stock market, was a pioneer and exceedingly canny businesswoman by her own merits. Through her conversion of her art into the form of a storybook which originally was only given a small and limited release out of her own pocket, she turned the main character of her first story into the first licensed character in existence after managing to win over a publishing house. Even while she was still alive, Peter Rabbit merchandise was widespread across England, and she paved the way for other iconic characters of the early modern age and beyond like Mickey Mouse to emulate. In the modern day, Peter Rabbit as a franchise is worth several hundred million dollars.

Caster’s canny and talent for negotiation regarding the trade of valuables has reached a truly transcendent value as a Servant. Even without the natural gift or fortune to acquire wealth, she can through a deals manage her way towards outcomes to obtain an immense amount of money or other resources. This of course, beyond just dealing in the purely physical, additionally allows for the siphoning of other forms of ‘value’ such as magical energy, giving this Skill utility to better serve her nature as a Servant.

Ah, a Master contract is a sort of ‘deal’, now that I think of it. Perhaps I should charge you for the rights of Peter here, for while you’re making use of him. He’s very famous, so you’ve built up quite the bill. …That was a joke. Us dead folks should worry more about our legacy than our profits, yes?

Knowledge of Natural Science C

Familiarity with numerous forms of natural science. While the level of familiarity in any given subject does not approach that of an expert, the wielder possesses a flat bonus to checks regarding subjects such as biology, paleontology, and others. Noble Phantasms and Skills derived from sciences are able to have their functionality understood through reasoning based on the natural principles from which they are derived.

Throughout her education as a youth, Caster was known to have developed interest and familiarity with many forms of natural sciences, with the only real gap in her knowledge being astronomy. As a means of satisfying her own curiosity, she drew illustrations of fossils, plants, animals and others as a hobby. While she only pushed forward to making a career out of mycology alone, her interests persisted and informed her artwork both in her career as a storybook author and had informed her sketching and artwork when she was still only a child.

The world is a place that captures the people’s interest, and always has since they were capable of thinking of it critically. The performance of science doesn’t belong just to the highly educated, even children and amateurs can engage in it. It’s all a matter of close observation and asking certain questions. ‘Why is this thing structured the way that it is’, ‘what makes this work the way it does’, ‘how would this respond to if exposed to different outside factors’. Questions like that.

Illustrator’s Eye A-

The talent of discernment and visual capture of a trained, exceedingly talented illustrator. Ability to quickly scan and determine physical objects and memorize them, as well as draw from memory to produce accurate artwork. Through the production of artwork, analysis of any given subject is rendered easy. Unique weaknesses and strengths, and hidden traits can be accounted for through this analysis, up to and including the determination of other Heroic Spirits’ True names. While this discernment can apply to any number of animate or inanimate subjects, Caster’s specific ability is less effective at capturing humanoids due to lack of experience in life, requiring more time for analysis to perfectly recreate them. As a result, a ‘-‘ modifier has been added to this Skill.

Caster’s artistic talent and breadth as an illustrator is staggering, with her being a notable scientific illustrator of her day who produced a great many drawings, as well as her having grown to be one of the biggest storybook authors and illustrators known the world over. Her work and blending of anatomical realism with whimsical anthropomorphisms captured the hearts and minds of the children of the day, and the fame of her works has persisted long after her death. While she is adept as a painter, she is less experienced in the depiction of humans due to her relatively lonely childhood and disinterest in portrait artistry in general.

…Aha, I see, I see… Hm? I have a ‘scary’ look on my face? Oh, just ignore it. Every person has their quirks, you know?

Noble Phantasm(s):

The Tales of Beatrix Potter
    Peter Rabbit

Source

Get them! Peter Rabbit!

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1~50
    Targets: 30 people

The first and most iconic of Caster’s storybook characters, the protagonist of The Tale of Peter Rabbit. A Noble Phantasm bound to the stuffed toy which Caster carries alongside her, modeled off of the patent she originally filled as the first piece of Peter Rabbit merchandise. Although it is taken from this, it has been extensively modified to have a much more colourful and outlandish appearance now by Caster, likely to disguise its nature and keep her True Name from being determined.

When released, this Noble Phantasm has the toy come alive, transforming into a living animal, and beginning to affect the space around it. Rural, dreamlike scenery takes shape around the rabbit, and it springs to life, befuddling and leaping around the designated targets, stacking numerous confusion and seal effects with each series of hits, while containing targets within and diminishing their ability to affect the space outside the overwritten land. While fragile, Peter’s nature as a trickster able to allude punishment and come away unharmed from dangerous situations within his stories gives him a level of conceptual defense, scaling higher based on the strength of an attack in proportion to him.

Peter’s presence will further enable him to facilitate the appearance of other Phantom Spirits summoned to his side, beginning with those closely tied to him such as his sisters and cousin Benjamin, and then further calling characters from Caster’s other storybooks such as Mrs. Tittlemouse and Jemima Puddle-duck. While individually weak, these Phantom Spirits will continue to harass and invite chaos upon their victims, and can quickly be resummoned by this Noble Phantasm even upon their destruction.

This Noble Phantasm has a very long activation period which can persist for minutes at a time, meaning that despite the weak output a single release can inflict sizable damage on a captured opponent over time. The only way to escape the boundaries of the effect with consistency is to manage to catch and destroy Peter Rabbit, the entity at the center of the Noble Phantasm’s effect. This is rendered difficult due to the mental penalties inflicted on those within the Noble Phantasm and Peter’s inherently slippery nature. Catching Peter is easiest at the beginning of the Noble Phantasm before other Phantom Spirits are chain-summoned, but even then, Servants with weaker agility or lack of access to ranged options are liable to struggle.

This Noble Phantasm’s damage output proper is negligible even under the circumstances of an ideal True Name release, with much of the value contributing to its rank dealing in its ability to inflict sizable demerits and bleed the magical energy of targets. The chances of this Noble Phantasm managing to kill an opponent outright, at least against Servants, is exceedingly low.

Mycology Watercolour Collection
    On the Germination of the Spores of the Agaricineae

Oh? Are you surprised?

Sure, I love nature, but anyone with any degree of closeness to it should be intimately familiar with the fact that it should not be idealized. Nature is a rather violent place just as home to messiness as beauty… and as a ‘weapon’, it only makes sense for me to use my intimate knowledge of said violence to produce the best results I can. I’m not that much of a fighter, you see.

Now then… allow me to share my findings. On the Germination of the Spores of the Agaricineae.

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1~99
    Targets: 1 person

A Noble Phantasm melded together from two aspects of Caster’s greater legend, consisting of the three hundred individual scientific paintings which she produced over the course of her time spent dealing in mycology, and her proper research into fungi dealing with subjects such as spore germination and hybridization, best encompassed by her submitted paper to the Linnean society. This Noble Phantasm could be thought to encompass the ‘darker’, or at least more ‘adult’, part of Caster’s legend, whereas her children’s stories, occasionally grim as they are, encompass a sort of ‘idealized’ vision.

A perpetually-active type Noble Phantasm which takes the form of fungi, beautifully detailed, being ‘painted’ into reality in the wake of Caster’s movement, quickly growing over her footsteps. These fungi, while magically imbued, are not dangerous on their own and will lie inert without outside interference. The true effect of this Noble Phantasm only takes root on Caster’s mental command, denotating these fungi to enable the release of spores into the air.

These spores will quickly germinate and grow new fungi where they take root, including on top of other lifeforms they land on. This includes both other Servants and Caster’s familiars, which will then become ‘bombs’ for the release of further clouds of spores. While the damage of any individual exploding mushroom is not sizable, the fact that said explosions beget the growth of further mushrooms, with Caster having free control of their detonation, means that this low damage can quickly compound itself and become very threatening.

Caster favours using this Noble Phantasm covertly, such as releasing spores onto a target and having them lie inert to grow mushrooms later. A particular tactic is to induce shallow cuts and injuries onto a target through use of her first Noble Phantasm, and then release a cloud of spores within the bounds of it. While this appears to be her attempting to blind her opponent, she will attempt to seep the spores within the cuts of the target, and then further have the fungi which grow within erupt to deal sizable internal damage and further have the spore cloud dig into a target’s insides.

Beyond this Noble Phantasm’s immediate focus on the reproduction of the fungi, Caster can use these mushrooms for other purposes, with her extracting natural substances from the mushrooms to aid in the production of poisons based on their natural toxins and antibiotics to heal the injuries of others. This Noble Phantasm also has a second notable trait based on Caster’s research into the role of hybridization within fungi such as the nature of lichen, allowing her to modify the produced fungi of the Noble Phantasm into ‘fungal hybrids’ through the introduction of foreign sources of magical energy, such as the ambient energy given off by other Noble Phantasms. While this process of hybridization requires time to perform, it can further enhance the performance of this Noble Phantasm to better match stronger Heroic Spirits.

Personality:

A warm, nurturing person with a kindhearted and quietly cheerful disposition, with a streak of mischievousness. Caster exudes a sort of whimsical, almost flighty view of the world around her, appropriate for a children’s author who modeled her stories so much off of fairy tales. She smiles gently, and speaks wisdom freely. Her Master is someone to take care of just as much to fight for as a Servant.

This is, of course, a flagrant deception.

In truth, Caster is a much more practically minded person whose nature could be described as bordering on ruthlessness. Her passions and love of nature are not lies, but it is tempered by a sort of detachment from other people over the course of her early years. Within life, she was used to being underestimated due to her confrontations with others among the mycology community of England and her difficulties getting her first book accepted by a proper publisher, and being familiar with the feeling, she now as a Servant is more than willing to exploit what openings her being viewed as ‘the Peter Rabbit author’ will create among opponents. She is severe, an impressively cunning businesswoman, and hides her capacity for scheming and frustration with those who earn her ire behind a gentle, false smile.

That’s not to say Caster isn’t still in a lot of ways a normal person, but she considers herself a realist, and knows that even as she was not a fighter in life, being a Servant still involves battle most of the time. Thus, she thinks as one who engages in battle does, strategizing and using what advantages she possesses, even as a quite weak Heroic Spirit.

If one is to look past this, they will find that in a lot of ways she is as expected. As one who dedicated time and money to conservationist causes throughout much of her later years, she has a great love of the natural world. She is somewhat reclusive and antisocial, but she appreciates company where she can find it, and is more than willing to help to teach a younger person and share her knowledge across her various skillsets as a sort of mentor for one she grows attached to. She is a complex person, difficult to pin down in a lot of ways, but at the end of the day, she is still recognizably a ‘person’ over a ‘hero’, almost out of place amongst the innumerable larger than life figures which call the Throne of Heroes home.

Relationships:

Edward Drinker Cope and Othniel Charles Marsh: “(Ugh. Why of all possible folks in the Throne, did these two get summoned as the hosts? Their behaviour is draining to have to be around, and even if all of us are ‘weapons’ of a sort, their mentality of viewing science as a competition feels antithetical to a conference like this…)

Well, isn’t that sweet! To think your bond as colleagues and friends was strong enough to make it so you two were summoned together… charming!

Friedrich Fröbel: “Oh? You’ve made a name for yourself for your work with children? Well, I can only assume you’ve heard of me before, even if that does sound a tiny bit arrogant, hehe. I might be here in my capacity as a scientist, but I’m a juuuuust a tiny bit more famous for my children’s stories and the toys I made along with them. Pleasure to meet you, Herr Fröbel.

Barbara McClintock: “Hm. Admirable, real admirable, aren’t you? You really went far for yourself, even if you had your struggles. Having to deal with people like that, that was a major contributor to me deciding to move on from my work in the natural sciences, so you sticking with your passion and proving yourself beyond a benefit of a doubt shows quite a dedication to your field. Pleasure to have the opportunity to meet you.

Ibn Wahshiyya: “…Difficult to pin down, no? Being a man from another world, adrift now amongst an unfamiliar place, standing out to others by virtue of how wrong you seem… A lot to have to process. Well, I’ve indulged myself just as much in stories of fantasy as a child just as much as that which could be understood by observation… and any good scientist knows to stay flexible in thinking. We’re all sort of contradictory existences now, people who pushed human understanding of the natural world forward, and now exist as spirits, entities built on the backs of Mystery, that which science has had yet to find and explain. In that sense, the degree of separation between you and me thins. Let us just think of each other as fellow scientists for the course of this conference.

Bond CE
    My Dear Noel

Ah, look at this. It was a lifetime ago, and here it is still, summoned alongside me. Of course, it doesn’t have anything real special to it, all my other Skills and Noble Phantasms are tied to different things. So, I suppose if I had to hazard a guess, this is here as a reminder.

I prefer to live simply and quietly, but being a Servant, well… it’s almost the antithesis of that sort of lifestyle. I can’t just be one part of myself… I embody the whole of the legend of the woman named ‘Helen Beatrix Potter’, all together at once. And said woman, well, I must say, she lived quite the busy life. Mycologist and bestselling author and hobbyist and conservationist and everything else, all at once. It’s a bit overwhelming, in truth, hehe.

So, then, what is the origin, the underlying thread, that binds all that I am together now as a Servant, as the embodiment of my own legend? And in that, that’s what I think this letter is for.

My interest in science, my writing, my everything… all of it can be traced back to those early days of my mine. With a mother that preferred to keep an arm’s length, and a big house, but not a friend in sight. And so, a lonely child, looking to entertain herself, turned to nature, and found wonder within it and all it was.

And that’s the core of me both pushing myself to learn more and more of the natural sciences, finding them so much more interesting, so much more ‘real’ than other people. And this letter too, is an extension of that. My teacher, my friend, and her children… and my heart going out to a little boy what felt like a world away, seeing myself in his isolation bred by illness and wanting to share that world I myself discovered on my vacations, with him.

Doing a my part to help small children enjoy honest, simple pleasures… sharing that joy with a single child came first. That is the sort of ‘hero’ I am, and that is what this letter means.

Creator's Notes
    I originally had a much more esoteric first idea for this prompt, but as I started worked on it the less I ended up feeling the concept worked. So instead I turned to this, a bit more of a standard sheet, but still one I feel well having written.

The main 'draw' of this idea for me was focusing on the personality of a person best known for their role as a children's writer, focusing more on how the other parts of her life ending up contributing within it. Peter Rabbit and her other stories have a sort of standard, fairy-tale whimsy at their core and peaceful rural settings, but also the Peter Rabbit story starts with the main characters mother telling him to avoid a farmer because his absentee father got caught in an 'accident' and was eaten by the farmer's family in a pie. The contradiction between childhood stories and the darker themes which seep within isn't necessarily anything special, but I find with just how more there was to Beatrix than just a children's author it helped to inform an idea for a characterization. She was a child motivated by loneliness, a reclusive and capable businesswoman, and within the sheet itself, a normal person in life now contending with the contradiction of being a Servant, a 'weapon'. Maybe their are a few leaps I took to try and make it 'work', but some of this stuff, like her rarely smiling in the pictures which exist of her and the anecdote about her drawing the skeletons of her dead pets which I found while researching her did feed into this interpretation.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed!
    Last edited by FarewellToMrA; June 4th, 2023 at 08:26 PM.

US Friend Code
    I've got an idea. We'll see how it pans out.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I absolutely love every single entry this month's prompt birthed, honestly. Still need to comment on them in detail but like, for a theme that's not everyone's cup of tea, y'all are going off. Now I feel even more inspired to finish mine asap.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

I feel like I've got something going on in the back of the head but I'm really unsure if I should make the Servant

失敗作の神 God of Failed Work Spelror's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    maybe you wanna discuss about it before doing it to see if it fits?

Blog Entries
    Why, hello hello, new ones! I wish you luck as well! If you need any help, I'm more than willing to assist as best I can if you ask.

Now back to the program...

"Next on our list is...wait...what."

"Oh what is it now, simpleton?"

"Shut it. Now and when our guest comes. I don't want you making me give a bad impression."

"We have long established you do a fine job of that all by yourself."

"LA LA LA. I'M NOT LISTENING!"

"How mature," Marsh said, dry as the fossils they dug up.

Cope, surprisingly, ignored him, if with considerable strain as he said after a slight eye twitch,

"Next we have Miss Helen Beatrix Potter. She is well known all over the world as the creator of Peter Rabbit, a beloved children's character first featured in her books before spreading across various mediums, including being the first to patent a doll of him as merchandise. However, she is here for not only for the brief instance of submitting a paper titled, 'On the Germination of the Spores of the Agaricineae', but her experiments in mycology ans recording her various observations on fungi and such through her detailed illustrations, so detailed they assisted in identifying more species."

"While I agree that is indeed impressive, why do you care so much for her when her achievements don't compare to, say, McClintock?"

"Hmph. I'm not telling you, you asshole. I'm not giving you more fuel."

"I'm going to be a broken record at this point, so I think I'll just stop here."

"Oh you only notice now, Mister 'I will forever remind you of your Elasmosaurus mistake'?!"

"Well it's not my fault you keep forgetting."

The fiery professor growls and shouts in absolute frustration before, to the surprise of some, actually managing to rein it in, if again obsviously strained in his attempts.

At least until the woman in question said, smile cheerful...

"Well, isn’t that sweet! To think your bond as colleagues and friends was strong enough to make it so you two were summoned together… charming!"

...but very familiar to the two paleontologists.

Marsh raises a brow. Friedrich as well, Human Observation B+ kicking in. But neither say anything on the subject.

Cope does however, under his breath.

"Fucking hell she's like the conman..."

So of course, with one of them stunned, the other took over...

"Thank you for the compliment, Miss Potter. Indeed it is charming. Things are quite...lively thanks to him."

...if a bit smugly, though he masked it well enough.

"I'd also like to thank you for accepting the invitation. Shall I show you to your seat? Or perhaps other scholars? There is one Miss McClintock I believe you would enjoy speaking to."

The "children's" illustrator perked up in interest. "Miss McClintock?"

"A cytogeneticist. Her discoveries were large contributions to the field of genetics."

"I see... Then I believe I shall. Thank you, Mister Marsh."

"No problem at all, Miss Potter. This way."

As the professor who saw her as a kindred spirit in ruthless planning led her to the charter of a genetic map, the other professor grumbled at it all, even as he tried to hide it.

Which the Kindergarten teacher noticed of course.

"Are you bothered by Miss Potter?" Fröbel said as he neared Cope again.

"None of your business, teach."

Said teach just gave a Look.

The professor groaned.

"Ugh, fine... I was just... I was reminded of my little girl, Julia, okay? She was a curious mind who loved flowers so her mother and I taught her what we knew about them...and when that failed, I would give her books and such to teach her more. So when she did that..."

"You felt embarassed for being inclined to be fond of her before knowing her? Which was exasperated further by how her smile seemed similar to how easily your associate is able mask himself? And none of which you wish to mention due to said associate?"

He sighed, long and heavy. "Hit the nail on the head, teach."

Fröbel couldn't help but smile a little. "Then go ahead and compose yourself. I'll keep him busy."

The professor rolled his eyes. "You just wanna talk to her 'cause you're a plant fanboy."

"Fungus isn't—"

"I know that! You know what I fucking mean! Just go!"

He chuckled. Yes, he knew. That was exactly why he was playing around with the man. But that was enough for now.

"Very well."

And so he approached the author of the trickster rabbit, who had just finished talking with McClintock as the cytogeneticist was then speaking to Marsh, who had asked for her thoughts on molecular paleontology.

"Hello there, Miss Potter. I'd also like to welcome you to the conference. My name is Friedrich Fröbel, the host of the venue."

"Oh? So you're the creator of kindergarten?"

"Indeed I am."

"I see. Well, I can only assume you’ve heard of me before, even if that does sound a tiny bit arrogant, hehe," she said, chuckling. "I might be here in my capacity as a scientist, but I’m a juuuuust a tiny bit more famous for my children’s stories and the toys I made along with them. ."

" Ha ha. It's fine. I do indeed know of you, though admittedly only thanks to my time as a Servant. I like keeping up to date on what interests children, even if I haven't yet had the chance to get to your work while, well, serving as a Servant."

Then pleasure to meet you, Herr Fröbel.

"Likewise, Miss Potter. So if you don't mind..." he took a deep breath...only to suddenly say with shining eyes, ""Can I hear about your thoughts on fungi?!"

Eh?

McClintock briefly quipped, "He's a plant fanboy. He did that while talking with me earlier.

Realizing his outburst, he cleared his throat, a bit abashed. ""My apologies if that bothered you." While he wasn't embarassed about showing his excitement, he was over possibly bothering her. "I just find it so fascinating these creatures are neither flora nor fauna. But while I did my fair share in observing them whenever I furthered my knowledge in botany, well, as you can tell, I never got as far as I originally planned. So I would love to hear your insights."

"Heheh, it's all right. If that's the case..."

To say the conversation was animated was putting it lightly.

Helen Beatrix Porter: Akane??? Zero Jr.!?!?!?!?!? Ahem. Ignore it ignore it ignore it AHEM. Ok but seriously even without the FCs (and thus I have bias for this sheet already because they're from a series I love SO VERY MUCH...ignore it draco), I am VERY happy to see this sheet. Why? Well, even if it isn't whatever the psuedoscience one you asked about, it is something I like. That being illustration. You see one of my favorite things with science is seeing art for it, and when it blends well accuracy and beauty, which I like seeing the most when it comes to reconstructing prehistoric life. Except the scientific illustrators that first come to mind (or rather, a certain paleoartist) are artists first and not scientists by professions, so I wasn't really expecting any to pop up. So having someone like Helen Beatrix Potter pop up was a very, very pleasant surprise. So unsurprisingly my favorite part about this whole sheet was acknowledging the less know aspect of her and how much it influenced how she lived her life and work as an author and illustrator. On the technical side, my favorite is, perhaps fittingly for this contest, the second NP. It is so absurd and yet so horrifying that these fungi are deadly in a such a gross way (and also one of my worst nightmares...AARRGGGHHH I'M TRYING NOT TO THINK TO MUCH ABOUT IT). So again, what a lovely sheet for me.
    and im hoping i got her ok and that the three suspecting she has a "mask" is fine, especially rider (as at least i can excuse frobel guessing with his skill). i just figured since marsh is similar to her, he would "take one to know one", and since cope is so used to marsh, he'd also notice but unlike marsh immediately jump to the conclusion that she's, well...like marsh
    Also...'eeyyyy! Third one in a row being someone Friedrich can have a field day with, even if fungi aren't exactly plants.
    Also also:
    Quote Originally Posted by FarewellToMrA View Post
    Edward Drinker Cope and Othniel Charles Marsh: “(Ugh. Why of all possible folks in the Throne, did these two get summoned as the hosts? Their behaviour is draining to have to be around, and even if all of us are ‘weapons’ of a sort, their mentality of viewing science as a competition feels antithetical to a conference like this…)
    lol sorry potter, it's just that they were the only ones from my lineup who counted and thus who I wanted them to host (also they're fun to write, especually with fröbel to act as mediator).
    Author of:
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Velvet Throne

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I attended a lecture recently about scientific illustrators, was very interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Does thanatology (the scientific study of death) count for this prompt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    For a moment I had a flash of inspiration about a NP that mixes and matches the attributes of its targets... Unfortunately, Barbara Walker is alive...

Blog Entries
    Thematically, I'd say no since half the point of this prompt was to be the "opposite" of the eschatology prompt. But even without the thematics, I'd say no. As far as I can tell (anyone else feel free to correct me/pipe in), thanatology is basically its own field, while biology, and the branches I am allowing, are all under life science.
    Author of:
    Velvet Throne