Page 291 of 367 FirstFirst ... 191241281286289290291292293296301341 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,820 of 7337

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Blog Entries
    Wow. I think I have a new favourite. I also like the fact that you took all the previous entries (including mine!!!) and wrote lines for them. Also SMTV Protag FC represent.

Servant Sheet Compilation
    Pronouns - She/Her
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

...I know no cure for evil. DracoScribe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    hi just dropped by to say i love this so much i just had to say so since I am impatient and it's gonna take a bit to give my full thoughts we have that clear? we clear? ok bye be back with those longer thoughts
    Author of:
    Persona 5: Refraction (SV link; FF.net link)
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Chapter 55 on: April 24, 2024 (GMT +8:00)
    Velvet Throne
    My list of my Servants! Still small for now.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Castellan's Avatar
    I clap my hands like a seal. That was not a writeup I expected, but I love it!

失敗作の神 God of Failed Work Spelror's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleScribe View Post
    I speak the name of the Destroyer.

I who have fed the serpent that rests upon his neck.

I who have sat in awe of the adorning Moon resting on his head.

I who have received a blessing of the Flowing Ganga from him.

I who have seen what his third eye saw.

I speak in the tongue of the boy who lived past Death.

I live because of the benevolence of the Destroyer.

I learn because of the fury of the Destroyer.

I have survived the Mahāpralaya and traveled to the World Anew by the wisdom of the Creator.

I sing the praise of the Trinity. And their infinite graces.

I shall now dance as the Destroyer has taught me.

True Name: Bhargava Markandeya, Dancer of the Tandava
    Aliases: The Rishi of the End, The Sage of Dusks, The Disciple of the Destroyer
    Source: Markandeya Purana

Class: Berserker
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Place of Origin: India

Strength: B
    Endurance: C-
    Agility: A+
    Mana: B-
    LCK: A+
    NP: A

Likes: Lord Shiva, The River Ganga, the Purana genre (Especially the Shiva Purana), Wisdom, The Dance, The End of all Things
    Dislikes: Death, Eternity without Purpose, Immortality without Life, Secular Desires, Lingering Grudges, Offenses against Lord Shiva, Nooses
    Talent: Reciting any scripture of the Purana genre from memory, Worshiping Shiva and his family through Vaishnavism, Dancing
    Natural Enemy: Lord Yama
    Attribute: Earth
    Armament: The Cosmic Dance of Tandava

Lore

All Things Must End
    All things must End. There is no debate. There is no suggestion. It is simply thus. This is a part of Brahman.

Why is beauty beautiful? Why is a flower beautiful? Why is a vibrant world beautiful?

It is because they end.

It is because only so few can ever lay their eyes upon these things.

As few as seven to eight to nine billion pairs of eyes could ever witness such things.

The World is beautiful.

Therefore, the World must End.

… Why? You ask why must the World End?

Because it is inevitable.

For it is by decree of the Trimurti that the World must End.

Such is the Law of Dharma.

… Again why? Why is Dharma defined as such?

Fool. It is akin to explaining why do we breathe. Why do we eat? Why do we Live?

Why do we Dance?

It simply is.

It is intrinsic to our Soul.

It is omnipresent in all things.

Even when it Ends, it will remain long after the fact.

So do not despair. There is no meaning in your tears.

For the Trimurti knows where all shall go.

And where you will go after your End.

Beauty. Souls. Kingdoms. Gods. The World.

All have been accounted for, the never-ending Yuga Cycle of all things is known.

And soon…

The Kali Yuga will be upon us.

And it is my duty, my Dharma to herald its End.

To announce the Destruction of All Things.

To make way for the Nataraja to begin his divine Dance.

And prepare this World for Mahapralaya.

Me?

Am I exempt from the Destroyer’s Dance?

No. I am not.

But I will return.

You as well.

Along with the Universe Born Anew.

For I have walked between the Cosmos and understand the Yuga Dharma of the New World.

… A lesson?

Very well. Now listen well.

To worship the Destroyer means to worship the End of all Things.

To worship the Lord of Dance means to worship the Rebirth of all Things.

To worship the Death Beyond means to worship the Transience of all Things.

Thus, when two worshipers of the Auspicious One ask for a blessing of a child, what will be the Dharma of this child?

“To give my Life for Lord Shiva, however short it may be.”

“To dance each and every day for Lord Shiva, however tiring it may be.”

“To possess wisdom that transcends even Death, however fleeting it may be.”

That is the price that must be paid for a child that held blessings unfit for them.

It is a Life granted by Lord Shiva regardless. Therefore, the two now-parents revered their merciful god.

And for the child?

There was only veneration and devotion for the Destroyer.

Such a Life was a peaceful one, ironic enough.

Each day the boy danced. Each day the boy devoted heart and soul. Each day the boy praised the Lord of Dance.

Until the promised day came.

With a short Life came a short Death.

The Lord of Death, Lord Yama came to take the boy as was his Dharma.

But the boy refused to go.

For if he is to die now, how could he continue worshiping the Death Beyond?

Such devotion scared even the Lord of Death’s messengers, but such zealotry did nothing to deter the inevitability of Death.

Only a noose was enough for the boy.

The boy held firm in the face of Death. He knew nothing else except the Destroyer.

And it was the Destroyer who had delivered him.

For Lord Shiva appeared before him.

Lord Shiva had then killed Death and proclaimed the boy as his most devoted follower.

It was on that day that the Lord of Dance was named Kalantaka.

It would not do for Kalantaka’s most devoted to die after just saving them.

Thus…

The boy is to be given eternal Life, dedicated to eternal worship.

Granted a single change to his Dharma.

“Announce my arrival at the End of every Era.”

“So that I may Dance the Old World into Pralaya.”

“So that I may then create the New World anew.”

To be given such a noble cause…

To a lesser man, they would recoil in shock.

To the boy…

You are speaking with him now.

I have spent countless Yugas performing Lord Shiva’s Will.

Perpetuating this eternal Dharma.

To witness the End. To walk between the Old and the New. To bear witness to the birth of a Universe.

To announce the end of the Yuga.

And yet I never grow tired of this divine task.

For the sake of Lord Shiva, I shall perform my Dharma.

Until the Day of Brahma comes to an end.

Until the Sveta Kalpa has reached its conclusion.

Until the Great Creator perishes.

I shall remain in motion.

I shall continue my journey.

I shall cleanse the World of all Stagnation and Evil.

And I shall Dance.

Until this body can Dance no more.

Class Skills

"My life is Lord Shiva's. I shall take whatever means necessary to see his Will through."

Madness Enhancement A+
    This one’s name is Bhargava Markandeya. Their station stands as one of the immortal eight Chiranjivi, the eternal sages who shall forever live to see the End of the
    Epoch
    World
    . He is eternally blessed by Lord Shiva to administer the Dance to signal the End. This holy Covenant is what drives his Dharma, his sole purpose in the Universe. It is his way of life as a Devotee of Shiva. His unbreakable conviction befits his status stemming from the clan of Bhrigu. His thoughts are as immovable as the Remover of Obstacles. His Dance shall be done. Parashurama shall reemerge by His Dance. The Tenth Avatar shall come forth and the Great Dissolution shall begin.

"This body was granted to me by Lord Shiva. For that, I am eternally grateful to him."

Divinity B
    As all things originated from the Creator, so too did the Destroyer. By the pleading of a great sage, the Destroyer provided a choice to them: A virtuous son or one hundred fools. A choice was made and along with it, a pact with the End was sealed. A sliver of Destruction was granted in the form of a child, whose life had belonged from and will forever belong to the Destroyer. A child who was rescued from the fate of a life shortened by their Nature. A Sage who has seen the after end of the Infinite. An Immortal who shall dance praise of the Ender for the rest of the infinite. He who shall dance down the path of the Rudra whose mere presence signals Kalpa’s End.

"I walk the Gap between Worlds. Between the Beginning and End of Creation. Once the time has come, Lord Shiva shall await for my portending."

At the Boundary A
    It was on that day that his executioner, Yama was defeated. It was on that day that Death learned what Fear was. It was on that day that the Destroyer earned the moniker of Kalantaka, the Ender of Time and Death. It was on that day that the Sage was blessed and given his charge: To appear from the void at the Ends of Days. To witness the destruction of the World. To watch its creation by the Supreme. To build temples to the Mahadeva. To raise His riding Bulls. To nurture the flag of Garuda. To carve a cleansing lake in His name. Death shall never take him for Kalakala forbids it. For the Sage walks upon the Boundary between Worlds. Sambhavami Yuge Yuge.

Personal Skills

"Lord Shiva watches over me with his Third Eye. May his Judgement be swift and merciful."

Affection of the Chief God A+
    There have been many before him who were blessed by the Destroyer. They were named Nayanars. They were named Bhakti. They were named Bhagavats. They were named Alvars. All such souls have worshiped Lord Shiva and have been blessed by Him in return, yet there was none who were blessed and protected as the Sage of the End. Through his ceaseless reverence and sacrifice, Lord Shiva was so moved to bear his anger against and triumph over Death himself. He expected no reward for his faith, as the mere act of worshiping was reward enough. In return for his devotion, he was tasked with the greatest duty: To bring about the End of the Cycle.

"I am of Shiva's Disciples. I am one of his Beloved. I am the one who wanders Eternity."

Protection of the Faith A+++
    A follower of Shaivism to the letter. An existence that can no longer be considered anything else other than “Whose Dharma dedicates to Lord Shiva.” An Origin of Zealotry. A Sage who has offered their mind, body, and soul as tribute to the Great Dancer, the Eternal Destroyer, The Roarer, The Ender of Death. An absoluteness that manifests in its entirety from their fanatic resolve for their Savior. If Lord Shiva has granted him blessings of the highest order, then he shall see it fit to morph and distort his own corpus to ready it to receive this blessing. A small price to pay in gratitude for the Destroyer’s infinite generosity. A blessing originating from within must become equal to the blessing originating from without, he believes. Abhayamudra.

"This body of mine... The specter of Lord Yama lingers behind my every step. Like a cucumber from its stem, might I be freed from death, not from deathlessness."

Natural Body B--
    An immortal body crafted and blessed by the God of Destruction, destined to be taken by the God of Death. To this day, Lord Yama seeks to take what was promised by Fate, held back only by the Hymn of the Kalari, the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra. Cursed, but never deterred as Eons pass. Through the Ages, once determined to be a sixteenth year, the Messengers of Death shall come as per their Dharma. Through the Ages, they shall be beaten back by Lord Shiva’s grace. Through the Ages, Lord Yama will strengthen his resolve and attempt to perform his duty. Through the Ages, without fail, Kalinjar shall End Death forevermore. There will come a day where Death shall succeed. That day will be Brahmapralaya.

Noble Phantasm

For He is the Destroyer

Srishti. Sthiti. Samhara. Tirodhana. Anugraha. For He is the Destroyer. For He is the Dancer. For He is the Ender. For it is time for all to receive Moksha. For it is time for the End of Pralaya. For it is time for the Last Dance.

Maha Shivaratri
    Tāṇḍava Natyam

Type: Anti-World

Creation. Preservation. Destruction. Illusion. Release.

The Great Night of Shiva.

The Anniversary of the Union between Shiva and Parvati.

The Kathakali of the Heavenly Dance.

The festival of this auspicious time is dedicated to not only Shiva the God of Destruction, but also Nataraja the Lord of Dancers. A celebration dedicated to overcoming Evil and Ignorance. A remembrance of ethics and virtues. An embracing of Lord Shiva’s tenants of self-improvement through his lessons…

But for Berserker, it is the means of performing Lord Shiva’s Will.

The Path of the Rudra Astra.

The Steps leading to the Great Cataclysm.

The Performance at World’s End.

On his first step on the World, the Festival has already begun. The Beginning of the Rudra Astra. The Kalpa of Destruction.

The Tāṇḍavam has been described within the Natya Shastra to allow the Destroyer to manipulate and emulate the five principles of eternal energy: Srishti, Sthiti, Samhara, Tirodhana, and Anugraha.

Creation, Preservation, Destruction, Illusion, and Release.

For Berserker, he has only been blessed to perform only Samhara. For that is all that is required of him. Chanting prayers and hymns praising the Ender of Time and Death all the while.

For this is the Dance of Cycle’s End.

With each step taken, the skies darken. With each movement made, a star falls. With each jaunt, the earth trembles. For he is the Disciple of the Destroyer. For he is an Avatar of Shiva.

A blue fire of dissolution waves as his feet touch the ground. The breath of the King of Serpents, Shesha batters the winds as he exhales his own. The very textures of the World shall turn to ashes as the Dance continues unhindered. Until all of that is considered the World is burned away by Shiva’s Absolution.

The Lord of Dance cannot be stopped now. Even if the skies fall and the land is ripped from beneath him, Berserker will continue dancing on with Nataraja’s blessing. Even as Lord Yama stares him down, his legs will still move. Even as his limbs are shattered, they shall still move. Even as his mind loses itself to the Dance, he shall still move.

Even as the World ends, Berserker shall still move.

But this is not a time for grief. No, for the Maha Shivaratri is a festival.

And festivals are meant to be enjoyed.

Joy. Ecstasy. Revelry. Love. Revelation. At the sight of the End, one should feel nothing but elation.

For Lord Nataraja dances among them.

There is no need for battle for this is a Dance. There is no need for conflict for all are united in the Dance. There is no need for tears for this is the Dance.

And a Dance must be performed until the very end.

At the cusp of Mahāpralaya.

Where all shall rejoin the Destroyer as Moksha awaits them at Dance’s End.

Where the Tandava shall continue on and on until… nothing remains. Nothing except for the Disciple of the Destroyer.

Where he shall then continue forward to the next Universe created by Lord Brahma to continue the Path of Rudra.

As Lord Shiva wills it.

Personality
    Straightforward. Artistic. Devoted. Zealous. Succinct. An extension of Lord Shiva.

He is the Last Dancer. He is one of the Chiranjivi. He is a rishi born of the Bhrigu. He is the Tandava personified. All other nominations that do not relate to Lord Shiva are useless to him. Lord Shiva has granted him this Eternity and he intends to make the most of it. For Eons and Aeons.

His mind is warped by his devotion and eternal lifetime, to the point of obsessive Zealotry. Conversation will hardly involve anything excluding Lord Shiva, but he knows better than to insult the Destroyer’s family. He would rather offer his heart than to even imply a slight against Lady Parvati. Prayers plenty to the one that dares insult the Destroyer in their presence.

Of course he is a Sage. Of course he is capable of teaching. Of course he is wise and knowledgeable of all things as expected of a Sage, showing the most affinity to those favored by Lord Shiva. However… It is difficult to ask for anything that does not at least tangentially relate to Lord Shiva. Perhaps you may ask him about his experiences with Lord Vishnu or Lord Brahma, but… Berserker possesses the Sin of Bias in full force…

That is not to say he is incapable of being pleasant. It is just… an exercise in patience. If one were to sneak past the Bias and feeling of an impassable distance, then one can discover a creative and wise individual worthy of being called a Rishi. Assuming that one does have the patience to match an immortal sage…

Relationships

Shiva
    Immediately begins to recite the Shri Rudram Shamakam, praising Lord Shiva and his infinite epithets.
    It is pointless to assume anything other than blind worship and bottomless gratitude.

Parvati
    Immediately begins to dance the Lasya in devotion to the partner of Lord Shiva.

It is pointless to assume anything other than blind worship and bottomless gratitude.

Arjuna
    Son of Kuru. Scion of the Pandavas. Endowed Hero of the Gods. Use this Disciple of Shiva as you see fit. Though never equal to Lord Shiva’s Raised Hand, I shall perform my duties as either Advisor or Dancer as you see fit.
    Even the wise Rishi can recognise those favored by Shiva. If there comes a time where the two meet, then most assuredly, this must the will of the Gods.

Karna
    I kneel to the Son of Surya. The Hero of Charity. The- What? Lord Karna, what is the meaning of this? My servitude is wasted on you? That is not true! I- My true nature? Lord Karna. Very well. I shall meditate on your words.

His veneration is never needed to the Hero of Charity. Such humble stature confuses the Sage, but knowing Lord Karna’s leanings, he relents.

Rama
    Avatar of Lord Vishnu, I came to bestow aid in Lord Shiva’s name. Sadly, I cannot impart arms as did Vishvamitra as I possess only the Dance. Nevertheless, I shall stand by your side as does Lord Shiva.

His worship extends to the Trimurti, that much can be inferred. The wisdom of the Sage of the End can be much appreciated by a person like Lord Rama. To aid this legendary hero in destroying the foe blessed by Lord Shiva shall be a great tribulation indeed.

Ravana
    False worshiper. Unworthy of his power. Be cleansed by Lord Shiva’s Dance.

In the eyes of those who worship the Gods, this shall be a battle of cosmic proportions. To others… It is merely a contest of who is the better worshiper of Lord Shiva.

Sita
    Lady Sita. I come in Lord Shiva’s name. I have heard the circumstances and sympathize with you. A mere movement of Lord Shiva’s dance shall- No? It is too much of a solution? Very well. Then I shall accompany you until the time of your reunion.

Barring mention of the Curse, the Sage is respectful to the Avatar of Lakshmi. His station as a Sage is always treasured for his input and skills.

Ashwatthama
    Lord Shiva! Your servant is here to dedicate his life in your hands! What manner of Destruction must be done this day? What? You are… not Lord Shiva? You are… like myself?

The tale of Drona the Hero is known to all. At the end of his story began the story of Lord Ashwatthama at Lord Shiva’s blessing. A sense of kindredness is formed.

Ganesha
    Yes, Lady Ganesha. Here is the platter of your favorite chips and soda. Yes, Lady Ganesha. I have provided you with freshly made snacks befitting a virtual competitor of your skill. Yes, Lady Ganesha. I shall do everything in my power to ensure your comfort.

An enabler to the highest extent to the progeny of Shiva. He acts as though he is their doting grandfather. Seeing no wrong and all rights in their grandchildren.

Lakshmibai
    Lady Alakshmi, Lord Shiva has sent me to render aid however you see fit- A rock has hit my head…? An apology? No no, Lady Alakshmi. There is no need for that- A boulder!?

Though a shadow of the Goddess Lakshmi, she is nevertheless a goddess of the Tridevi. As a devout worshiper, no amount of misfortune will shake his faith.

Arjuna Alter
    Lord Shiva, I am here! Your Will shall be done in accordance with your Dharma!

It is hard, if downright impossible for the Sage of the End to distinguish the difference before him. He does not see Arjuna anymore. Only the Avatar of Shiva himself.

Kama
    Lord Kama. Lord Shiva’s judgment is absolute. If you intend on vengeance against the Will of Shiva, then the Dance shall await you once more.

The Sage understands well the anecdote of Ananga. However… It was a necessary sacrifice for the birth of Kartikeya. He does not see the need to acknowledge the nuance of the tale. It was Kamadeva’s Fate to be incinerated. As all things must be.

Vritra
    Serpent of Extremities. Asura of Obstacles. Foe of Lord Indra. Dragon of Drought. Do you stand against Lord Shiva’s duties? Or will you assist in the Dance?

An unstoppable obstacle dedicated to being an antagonist, opposing all things as counterbalance. Creation, Preservation, Destruction. Her whims are hard to discern. To prevent the End or perpetuate it? The Wise Sage cannot tell.

Kalakaua
    A dance of communication? But of course. A fool knows best how to dance so freely as the words of joy and unity he speaks.

Even the Sage who dances the End can recognize the purest expression of skill and happiness in the dance of the foolish.

Miriam the Prophetess
    Dancer of Genesis. Your watery steps are those of Brahma. And yet… it is also one of Shiva’s. Show me your conviction to break free of Samsara and I shall discern whether your Dance is worthy to match the Dance of Shiva.

Tasked with the same charge, the Dancer of Seas has met the Dancer of Ends. Surely, this must be the work of the Trimurti. He sees the woman worthy of her Station over the Seas. For they are the same. Dancers who have connected between worlds.

Kali
    ... Srishti. Sthiti. Samhara. Tirodhana. Anugraha. For this Dance is dedicated to Lord Shiva. For this Dance is dedicated to Lady Parvati. For this Dance is dedicated to Lady Kali.

If the Gods desire a dance, then the Dancer of the Tandava is plenty prepared to fulfill their request. All that must be done is the joining of hands so that the Cosmic Dance of Shakti and Shiva may begin.

Ame-no-Uzume
    I greet the Goddess of Dawns. I stand before you as the Sage of Dusks. The dark is not something to be fearful of for Lord Shiva protects all.

Conversations between Berserker and figures who hold no interest to him usually lack much substance, but topics regarding the creation and destruction of the Universe would rouse his words. A topic he has plenty experience and knowledge over.

Tatmanat
    “... I offer my hand to not a ruler nor a demigod, but to a dancer. Shall I share this dance? Should my divinity not repulse you.

The troubles of a lastborn can never be understood by a firstborn, especially an onlyborn. However, a Berserker possesses the means to understand another Berserker. If anything, a dance that signifies the End is one both of them can understand.

Ame-no-Uzume?
    You… Girl. Your existence recognizes me and I in turn recognize yours. You have become a Destroyer in the end, I see. A fantastical, imaginary journey to many; but I acknowledge and applause your perseverance. You have performed well for your Dharma.

The Dancer recognizes the Girl who embodies Hope. He has witnessed her from the Gap between Worlds, destroying those very same worlds he was tasked in doing. He ponders whether or not to induct her as a Disciple of Shiva like himself.

Tilottama
    Lady Tilottama, a servant of Lord Shiva kneels before you.

Berserker does his best to keep his eyes shut, lest he fall victim to the Aspara. A thought occurs to him that Lord Shiva has seen her, therefore why not him also? Wisely or perhaps Lady Parvati whispered a warning in his ear, he kept his eyes closed. Such mysteries elude even the Sage.

King Louis XIV
    I sense Lord Surya… But I see a young dancer before me. What is this…? His dance is one of Brahman itself? No… the abode of Lord Shiva!? How could this be!? Lord Shiva?!

Before the Sage dances a youth who declared himself the Center of the Universe. Before the Disciple’s very eyes, he feels as though he stands atop Mount Kailash and Mount Meru at the same time. Could it be that… this young boy was an Avatar of Shiva?

Walpurga
    Two forms… missing their third. I greet you, Priestess. I greet you, Witch. I greet you… Crone… Do you not hear her heartbeat? Lord Shiva has sent me to assist you. This Eternal Party now must End.

All things must End. This is a part of Brahman. And a Heart that beats forever must beat no more in due time.

Beast
    Heart
    of Repression

An Evil of Man beats within us all. A Sin that we all have forced within ourselves and locked away in our hearts. The Dance will force it out. This shall be the Final Dance.

Beating...
    Snakes... Just like that of the Nagaraja... Along with the Stench of Death. The Grudges of the Dead. Naraka... Has Lord Yama conspired with you?

Bond Essence

A Lingam
    This small shrine… It is the Beginning of my Journey. Had the noose not fallen on it, I wonder where I would be in the Netherworld. I hope it would be in Patala. I desire to feed Vasuki.
    Hm? You are surprised to see this energy from me? Of course. I am not a caricature of myself being a fanatic zealot, despite being what you call a Servant. Like the Eternal Energies, all things come in many forms. Lord Shiva is no exception.
    Though my mind is fixated in the veneration of the Destroyer, there is so much more to him than that. He is a Husband. He is a Dancer. He is an Artist. He is a Lord. He is the Universe. He is the World. He is…
    People… are like Lord Shiva. We can be happy. We can be sad. We can be worried. We can be angry. For Lord Shiva, his anger can be especially fiery. Haha.
    What I mean to say is… a person can be as multifaceted as the Gods. We and our emotions and our personalities come in many forms.
    Our faces are infinite, but sometimes Three is just enough for most.
    Do not linger and stagnate on one interpretation. The single interpretation of the dance, of the God, of the Person.
    The End is likewise. There are many types of the End of the Mahāpralaya.
    Why not make it a Dance?
    Shiva is not my whole life, I am trying to say.
    I am still a Sage after all.
    I am still a Chiranjivi after all.
    I am still a Dancer after all.
    Om Namah Shivaya.

AN:

This has been on the back burner for a looooong time and I wanted to share my pain from fighting Shiva and his family in SMT:V with all of you. This was supposed to come out along with Walpurga for the "Festival" prompt, but I got bored of my own mediocrity and took a sabbath. I felt something at one point and tried to hype myself up at the Guess-A-Servant thread with the Waver pic, but again. Mediocrity from my own self kinda just killed my creative vibes. And then Draco announced the prompt. So yeah. Here ya go. The product of listening to Battle -Destruction- on repeat for the past two days while doing interpretive dancing to draw inspiration from the Cosmos and the copious amount of burning incense. My nose can still smell the fragrant smokes. Thanks, Draco for this prompt. You saved this sheet from Absolute Destruction.

Aight, Nines. Bet. This sheet is my answer to that.

AIGHT, DRACO. BET. THIS SHEET IS FOR YOU. BERSERKER IS TECHNICALLY NOT A FIGHTER AND THE TANDAVA IS TECHNICALLY A CEREMONIAL DANCE. It's just a Dance that doesn't have an afterparty, but STILL A DANCE. MUAHAHAHAHA.

MAGNUS. YOU HINDU SNIPING BEAUTY. YOU AND ME. DANCE FLOOR. OUR DUET SHALL BE DIVINE.

AYO. AYOOOO. MY SCHTICK OF "Dancer who announces the End/Genesis" KEEPS GETTING SNIPED. AYOOOOO. Anymore I'm going to have to make us a Servant dancing crew named the "Terpsi Corps". Wait... was this Draco's plan all along!?

I feel kinda of wacked out considering you didn't say shit about my Lord of Naraka sheet all-around, but considering the dynamics of that sheet it is perfectly reasonable. Nice sheet. I liked it.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Great to see you back to writing, Scribe. Your work is great as always, I'll probably give a more thorough comment later.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NittyGritty View Post
    oh noooooo

still, pits to the other poor sod that eyed him
    Just came to say: I'm that guy.

Oh well, I wasn't very far into the sheet anyway. Now I'm debating on still finishing it up or just calling it quits. While I did have a few abilities planned that would make him different from yours, yours is good enough to were I honestly couldn't compete anyway.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spammin Spiff View Post
    Just came to say: I'm that guy.

Oh well, I wasn't very far into the sheet anyway. Now I'm debating on still finishing it up or just calling it quits. While I did have a few abilities planned that would make him different from yours, yours is good enough to were I honestly couldn't compete anyway.
    let him cook

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

CHŪJŌ
    a sophisticated, graceful man.

“A voice amidst the flowing water—a speck of light in the wide darkness. This is how this story will always begin.”

“So I was called. Then, until the end—watch over my fate.”

Watcher
    — THE BLOOMING FLOWER —

[ ]

Class: Watcher
    Other Classes:
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Place of Origin: Japanese mythology

Height: 162 cm | 5'4''
    Weight: 51 kg | 112 lbs

Natural Enemy: Ame-no-Uzume (“T-that's not true...!”)
    Attribute:
    Earth
    Traits: Humanoid, Hominidae Servant, Male, Earth or Sky, Weak to Enuma Elish

STRENGTH: E
    MANA: D
    ENDURANCE: D
    LUCK: C
    AGILITY: D
    NOBLE PHANTASM: D

A young man in floating white robes, with hair of the color of trembling wisterias.

With soundless steps and elegant limbs, he finds residence inside of the heart of a Master, dancing to their meeting, singing for their fate, praying for their future.

♦️

A blue stream wound its way through the woods, overflowing the grass and the flowers. The first memory of him in this world was as simple as that: a soft weep that called someone.

One of the washers of a court official found a baby in the river and brought him back. Some said that the lady of the house was already waiting by the gates because she had dreamed about that child—and that would only mean she had been the first to do so. After so many attempts to have a child of her own, the dream about a boy washed away by the overflowing river seemed like a sign... The gods surely took piety on her and would grant her that one wish. That is why she did not flinch, she did not reject the small child in her arms, even though she should have—and that would only mean she had also been the first to do so.

News about the newest addition in the family of this court official was quick to spread, like wildfire. It soon reached the ears of the Emperor, who sent his congratulations to the new father... And on any other occasion, that would be it. But he wouldn’t be the first whose destiny was touched by the waves of karma, and wouldn’t be the last. That same night, he dreamed about a child—not an infant any longer, but a child so bright as the sun. The child danced amidst the fire, gleaming even brighter than the flames, wearing a twisted mask. Their small feet twirled, light as the wind, entangling his own destiny to the fate of that nation. A child who smelled of water, of fire, of the sun, choosing to descend from the heavens. He woke up that morning and summoned the official and his wife, demanding to meet their infant.

The baby in her arms was a small, delicate thing. It was no child wearing a mask, it was no warden of karma. But even right there, the most powerful man could sense that if he watched over this creature, something would happen. Was he inviting the dancing flames? Or could he make this young one into something who shone even brighter than the one in his dreams? And haven’t human beings reacted with awe over their first sight of fire? Sometimes, all that glitters is not gold—however, the radiance calls for them anyway.

On that day, it was decided that the young child would grow up to serve the Emperor in the future, and would cultivate a close bond with the Imperial family from then on. And as the first gift from the man who would nurture him, watching over his brilliance with expectation, he received a name. Hata no Kawakatsu.

“I am but a mere shadow,
    Master
    my dearest light
    . And because of that, our time will be short—as are all the beautiful, important things—but until our parting, I will imbue you with all I know. I will carve a part of me into your body. And then, you’ll dance.”

“You will dance, and then it’ll be our goodbye. But, I ask of you to despair not... Flowers are precious precisely because they are so fleeting.”

“—Now, let us start.”

Watcher: C

A reflection of his unique contract with the Master as a member of the Watcher Class. Rather than an active participant—a proper Servant, even—he is but an observer of conflicts. As a shadow that lives only within the heart of another human being, he can only teach a Master how to dance. He cannot dance himself any longer.

Calamity Egg: C

The flapping of a butterfly’s wings can bring destruction. Even a single, harmless pebble can create endless ripples on the water’s surface.

There is not much an inhuman thing can do when surrounded by humans but to pray that whatever will happen from now on will not be their fault. And sometimes, the world can even believe that with them...

“That I exist and was called by you,
    Master
    my dearest light
    , means that our time is fated to be flickering and brief. But that should not concern you—not now, at least. While I am I and you are you, then I am sure the future will be bright. Let us worry about tomorrow when tomorrow comes.”

Talent is a shadow, an echo imploring for nourishment.

From the earliest of ages, that child under the protection of the Emperor was special and everyone could see that much. Even fate seemed to favor him, granting him beauty, intelligence and luck. As expected, some reacted with awe and even reverence—and some reacted with an understandable fear. But no one could deny the presence of light itself.

However, the Emperor could never forget about that dream. And whenever he closed his eyes, he saw the growing young man. He felt the flames. He could hear that disembodied voice choosing to step away from the heavens to embrace a humanity that could never accept him as he was. But as fate would have it, the dreams of that emperor finally came to haunt him in the shape of a series of conflicts.

For Hata no Kawakatsu, however, he never understood he was different. Not in a way it would matter. Even when some would treat him differently, he never thought he did not belong to that world—and perhaps, one could call that a juvenile mistake. But to the very end, he strived to maintained that belief. For him it was an exceedingly simple affair: he saw the man who took him under his wing wasting away in worry, and became worried himself in turn. If he truly was the inhuman creature some believed he was, then he could have had the foresight. But he was just human at heart—and humans were creatures prone to mistakes. In his naïve eagerness to help, he started to walk a path from which there would be no return.

“Please, my Lord, allow me to speak to these people”, he pleaded the Emperor with all the confidence of the young. “I am sure I can stop them.”

Naturally, the Emperor dismissed him with the weariness of an adult. However, that night, he had the exact same dream that visited him many years ago. He knew how it would go before it even started, the memory was still as fresh as ever inside of him. In the memory of that dream, a young boy danced. But this time, he wore no twisted mask. There were no flames around him.

With a blinding smile that was brighter than any flames—with fluttery, precise movements that were more precious than any jade—Hata no Kawakatsu danced until sunrise.

That morning, moved beyond words, the man woke up with tears in his eyes.

His first order was to summon the boy he dismissed yesterday.

“We meet again, huh? I hope you are not tired yet of dreaming about me night after night. It’s truly regrettable this is the only way we can meet... But don’t you also think it’s almost like destiny? The world is so big, and yet here we are: together.”

“But really... You are getting very good, you know? I was worried about our lessons at first, but it seems you are a natural... It’s almost scary. Huhu, I might finally start to understand the feelings of those around me, back in the day.”

Master
    My dearest light
    , I know this overwhelming talent is but the result of the many battles you faced in your life. And my heart weeps for you over the way I can do nothing else for you, only pass onto you these lessons. But I want you to know that the way you will embody them is a mystery even to me—that is because the one thing that you have that nobody else has is 「you.」 Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision... I, for one, am very interested in seeing how you will surpass me, in the way only
    you can.”

Territory Integration: B

Instead of the ability to slip unnoticed into enemy territory, this is a Skill which assimilates foundations, denouncing an entirely different way to bypass 「anything that denies entry,」 be it mundane or supernatural in nature.

A song dedicated to fire, to war. A performance dictated by fate, by gods. An otherworldly dance that invites undisputed attention and transparency between allies and foes, something that only ever asks for the end of anything that can be harming, in order to enjoy a humble offering. Obstacles, prejudices, property—and perhaps even concepts such as 「singularity」 and 「personality.」

Kagura: EX

The Kagura is a ceremonial dance first performed by Ame-no-Uzume, and then perfected by her descendants, in order to obtain the favor of gods. In this setting, the performer himself turns into god. However, the dance that lured Amaterasu out of her cave was called Kamikura, or the Seat of gods, until Hata no Kawakatsu’s birth.

In the Great Attendance Hall of the Imperial Palace, as it was tentatively asked of him, the young Hata no Kawakatsu performed sixty dramatic pieces, with dancing and poetry, in order to help settle a series of disturbances in Japan. Donned with masks which mimicked an array of human emotions, he entranced the guests, courtesans and representatives of other domains alike. It was even said that he shone as bright as the sun as he danced, to the point where one couldn’t quite tell if the moon was up in the sky or not.

With his dance successful in soothing humors and helping create peace for the land, the Imperial family had to declare that such form of entertainment should be kept for the ages, calling the dance which brought humans and an inhuman creature together Kagura, the entertainment given by the gods.

“Huh? What do you mean, there are some young ladies trying to reclaim this name for themselves? Oh... I see... T-that is alright... Maybe, they do deserve this Skill more than I do...”

What he did was always quite simple—he dances. Because for him, to dance is to be out of himself. Larger, more beautiful, more powerful. It was simply power, it was glory and it was his. With this Skill, he can perform a variety of mystical, even supernatural effects by dancing in specific ways. Paired with the lingering benefits of his other Skills, one could even consider already the effects as a sort of mania, even inhuman fascination.

Incidentally, the Sarugaku theater of acrobatics, which would later become the template for Noh, is directly derived from his Kagura performances as it was passed down to his descendants.

“What you must do is just keep moving your body, feeling your soul, and someday you will be even greater than I ever could be. —Hey, don’t look at me like that! It’s no empty platitude, I’m being serious!”

“By dancing to please the others, I found my purpose. I found that practice means to perform, over and over again, in the face of all obstacles. Practice means to hold some act of vision, of faith... And this realization gave me the strength to withstand what came next. Truth to be told, I was blessed by the timing—because I don’t think I'd have kept my humanity for so long if I didn’t have that light inside of me.”

NAMANARI
    the process of becoming a demon.

“Well well, but I digress—we still have time for another lesson, it seems. Then, before we start our next program, you can take a ten minutes break.”

“I cannot stop the present from marching on—that bridge will be crossed, the boat will touch our shores. But what I can do is to impart my story, my lessons and my self. And after that... It is all on you.”

“But you have a much stronger soul than I could even hope to possess, so I am sure everything will be fine in the end.”

♦️

Hata no Kawakatsu’s otherworldly dance brought a much needed peace to Japan, influencing politics and religion alike and granting him a huge amount of power inside the court, albeit not without the dissatisfaction of others. However, things were fundamentally changed from that night on and could never be taken back.

He danced. And in his dance, in that glorious night of performances, he found himself. One could even argue that he touched
    The Root
    his soul
    —that he finally looked right into the eyes of whatever he truly was—and that was an experience that would haunt him again and again. The peace he brought to the land was a celebration, yes, but it was fundamentally a miracle unattainable by a human being, denouncing him for what he always ignored himself to be: a
    monster
    lie
    . The hypocrisy of this loneliness tainted his music and his will, allowing everything happening to him without a fight.

But he was not the only one reacting with fear at whatever was dredged up from the depths that night: the Emperor and his court also finally understood what they have been holding. Blinded by the glimmer of a priceless treasure, by the courteous words of an impressionable young, they tried to convince themselves that a wild animal would never bite the hand that fed him—that they were different, and if that child would destroy the entire world, then at least they’d be spared. But on that night, the emperor and the others were entranced just like everyone else. They understood that even the mighty were just like everyone else in the eyes of gods.

“You know,
    Master
    my dearest light
    , I believe that we learn by practice. Whether it means to learn to dance by practicing dancing or to learn to live by practicing living, the principles are the same. In each, it is the performance of a dedicated precise set of acts, physical or intellectual, from which comes the shape of achievement, a sense of being, a satisfaction of spirit.”

“I strived, then, to practice on how to be
    human. I’m aware that that man died fearing me... And that was a crushing revelation, but I was just as afraid to die and find out what I was on the other side.”

Magic Resistance (Kagura): A

A memory of an eternal night in which a star danced not on the sky, but amongst the people.

A performance so entrancing that is even capable of protecting Watcher from nocive magical effects. As the attention of every and all are concentrated on him, his movements naturally repel most of a foe’s harming intentions.

—He’d say it’s a Skill wasted on something that is merely a shadow inside a Master’s heart, but it is what it is...

Kanzashi: EX

In old tales, the wearing of a single rod or a stick in one’s hair was said to hold powers to ward off evil spirits. But more than a spiritual tool or a self-defense weapon, it was a heartfelt gift said to contain 「the desire to hold a person to one’s side.」

As a master—even a teacher as unwilling as he is—it is only natural that at every step of the way Watcher will acknowledge any progress his students attain. And to every win, one must repay the hard-work employed in keeping that soulful dance alive. A Skill that bestows onto a chosen human the very essence of a Servant in order to allow them to reach their limits, and go even farther after that.

——Or in other words: a kiss of death. A Servant fated to disappear as if morning dew, while their essence lies inside their Master in the shape of knowledge and power.

And just like in life, Watcher only knows how to say goodbye slowly and torturously. Cruelly.

「You’ll be more than I ever could. After all, you’ll be a human.」

Maybe, the emperor told his son about his fears. Maybe, he told someone about the true nature of Hata no Kawakatsu. Or maybe, he died like that—blinded by the light.

It mattered not... Because for Hata no Kawakatsu, the fear remained in the eyes of the ones who survived that man. He heard his own sins on every word, he saw the corruption of his legacy on every smile. If the person who was with him from such a young age couldn’t even look him in the eye after that day, to his very last breath, then what could possibly guarantee others wouldn’t react even worse? He feared the day his fellow acquaintances would turn on him, the way one would strike down a wild beast. But that day never came, and all the while he beared the solitude by himself, he buried his doubts and just like he promised, he strived to be a 「human being.」

The emperor eventually died, and others succeeded in his place. Life moved on, despite his reticences. And he was tentatively put aside, as if a toy outgrown by their favorite child.

Not stricken down how he feared, which maybe in hindsight would have been a blessing, but something even more insidious—defanged by his own volition. Slowly separated from the court that refused to acknowledge that brilliance any further. Shamed into being unable to look his passion in the eyes.

Serving master after master, that loyalty born out of a hunger for approval, from an unspeakable fear, was rewarded with the quintessential life of a 「human being...」 And were those rewards? Or were those offerings made to placate a beast that could awaken if provoked? He dared not to think about the implications. A proper household, an eventual comforting marriage, everlasting prestige... Perhaps, those were enough, or so he tried to think. They were much more than he deserved.

And to others, that might have seemed like happiness. Even to himself, if he was honest, he tried to make that seem like a reward so fiercely.

But the truth was that all the while, he never dared to dance again—

“My last lesson to you,
    Master
    my dearest light
    , is one and one only: keep yourself open at all times. Do not ever allow your spirit to starve, for there is a vitality, an energy found in life that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of 「you」 in all of time, this expression is also unique. If you starve it, if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost... And the world will never have it.”

“It is not your business to determine how good it is, nor how valuable, nor how it compares with others. However, it is your business to keep that channel open. Frankly, you don’t even have to believe in yourself... You only have to keep yourself open and aware of the urges that motivate you. So please, I beg of you to remember these words always...
    Keep yourself open.”

“Know that no artist is ever pleased. There’s no satisfaction whatsoever at any time, you will chase this feeling for eternity. You will know only dissatisfaction and unrest.”

“But know that is precisely this unrest that keeps us moving and makes us more alive than anyone.”

“——Now, please dance for me. No, dance with me. One last time.”

“And this will be our goodbye.”

O Mighty River, Release my Soul
    Zesshou

Type: Anti-Wisdom
    Range: 0
    Max. number of targets: 1

A story forgotten by the flow of time, but one that still happened. It happened and it mattered. On a suffocatingly warm summer night, Hata no Kawakatsu watched by chance his child dance under the moonlight.

His movements were awkward—there was no flowing grace and no otherworldly allure, not even music to help masking those wooden taps. Those were the steps of someone on the first stages of practice.

Where did he learn those? Who teached him? The Kagura was restricted to ceremonious occasions and his name had been slowly erased from that practice—he even allowed that much, without any fight. But here was that child, moving in silence as if he had something to hide. And in his face, there was the huge grin of someone who was undoubtedly having so much fun with their activity.

—Something moved within his heart.

Life for Hata no Kawakatsu has been a series of people trying to peek into his closed doors. He could spot that same look in the eyes of everyone—courtesans and even his wife. The question behind their eyes was always the same: 「So... Who are you really?」 And at first he tried to ignore that question, but it always came back to haunt him, cowardly using the shadows of people long gone for that.

But that child under the moonlight danced happily, and there was no bonfire around him, an entire country wasn’t watching his every move—but even so, it was just as beautiful as he remembered himself to be that day. It moved him to the point of tears.

A Noble Phantasm that reenacts a memory.

Something that moved inside of him and compelled him to dance under the moonlight one more time, perhaps to prove himself something. Perhaps because he was inspired by the passion of someone else. Perhaps because it was what his heart wanted to do from the beginning.

Whatever that thing is, it compels him to move once again—one last time.

A dance to understand one’s place in the world and what makes one truly happy. An offering not to the gods, but to one’s own heart. Because he has learned, and now he passes this very lesson to the next person, it is only after baring yourself of everything useless that one is allowed to touch on
    The Root
    their soul

Hata no Kawakatsu touched his dormant heart after so many years of stagnation. And what he found there was deep unrest. And it was this unhappiness that prompted him to disappear.

—What will his Master find at the end of their journey?

He wants to know, but he will disappear before that. Because this is how the story must end—he will leave behind a song, a smile, like he did once, and those feelings will live on despite his fears. And his Master will cease to be his student... Now, it will be their turn to go into the world as a full-fledged Servant, to pass on these lessons.

He will leave behind a last word, and wish from the bottom of his heart that it will be enough, once again.

“You’ll be more than I ever could. After all, you’ll be a human.”

“The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are. You trade in your reality for a role... You trade in your sense for an act... You give up your ability to feel, and in exchange, put on a mask.”

“That night, I understood that I had been a prisoner for a long time... And worse, I
    begged for my shackles.”

“I wanted to belong, but in the end I learned what everyone before me did and all of those who came after me also have—a human can never become god. And a god can never be a human. People say that when there’s a will there’s also a way, but this is an impossibility which will never be wished into existence, no matter how hard one tries.”

“This is a goodbye,
    Master
    my dearest light
    . My story ended with a dance, under the moon. My tale met its end in a boat as the river took me.”

“Where did that pitiful man go? What did he think as he perished? What has he found on the other side of the river?”

“I cannot answer those questions—but you’ll go beyond, farther than I could ever dream of going. And you’ll take
    me with you, my feelings, my dance and my soul, and you’ll remind myself of everything I left behind.”

“However, I’m not afraid anymore. If anything, I feel nothing but peace now. I know for certain that you’ll win, because you are a human.”

“So, then... Here’s my wish. Watch over my fate. Save my soul.”

“And when everything ends, become my friend again.”

“—I will wait on the other side of the river.”

HANNYA
    a malevolent spirit.

IV
    — THE WITHERING FLOWER —

Class: Beast
    Other Classes: Watcher
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Place of Origin: Japanese mythology

Height: 162 cm | 5'4''
    Weight: 51 kg | 112 lbs

Natural Enemy: Ame-no-Uzume
    Attribute:
    Earth
    Traits: Humanoid, Male, Demonic, Divine, Earth or Sky, Weak to Enuma Elish

STRENGTH: C
    MANA: B
    ENDURANCE: EX
    LUCK: B
    AGILITY: B
    NOBLE PHANTASM: B

As he looked into the awe-struck eyes of his child, eyes so full of a breathless wonder—just like those of his memories—Hata no Kawakatsu decided that enough was enough. Without any parting words, without a single look back, as if he was never welcomed into the world, he took a wooden boat and allowed the winds to take him anywhere.

He wished that he could be alone forever, unable to live and unable to die, unable to disturb the world with his memory, but that wouldn’t be possible. So one day, he came ashore.

—However, by then he was no longer a 「human being.」

The world is a scale.

One life for one death. A reaction for an action. An obstacle for an opening.

Once upon a time, he poured his entire being in a prayer for peace. His actions brought the end of old conflicts, and although the nature of his abilities invited fear, he also brought much happiness. And that’s why he had only met despair.

Because the world is a scale and an action will result in a reaction of the same intensity.

Divinity: C

Stripped of the shackles of his humanity, the divine heritage of his soul can be freely expressed.

Independent Manifestation: B

The unsupported manifestation of a Beast Servant into reality. A confirmed existence that defies instant death.

An opening that demands an obstacle—a scale that tips balances. The mere existence of 「Hata no Kawakatsu」 demands a reaction of the same magnitude, and therefore calls for the Beast he became... Because his story begins with a river and shall end in its waters yet again.

As he wandered the land bringing that very suffering he fought so hard to withstand in silence, he came to eventually be known by the people as a god of obstacles—that, because those who perished by his hands were 「unable to properly rest in peace,」 thus being denied the honor or rebirth, although there’s not an exact translation of what they meant by this.

And so, 「Madarajin,」 the great raging god, became a name which invited misfortune.

Where did he come from? What god allowed his own offshoot to despair in such a manner? What were they trying to accomplish by living among humans? What has he encountered in his last dance, in that one moment of clarity? Were their dreams fulfilled in such a small, insignificant lifetime? Just like the answers, even those very questions were lost in the wind.

What remained of whatever he once was, it was only that distant love for a humanity that wouldn’t give him a place where to belong. But he never dared to hate them, for he never blamed them for that fear. He kept trying to be a part of that world in the only way he knew—by offering all of himself to them. But just like they never understood the feelings behind his dance, they continued to not understand the reason behind his rage as a monster.

A beast of
    切望
    yearning
    holding a love far too incomprehensible for humans. A seedling of gods fated to loneliness in a world full of others.

Nega-Soul: A

A twisted love that found ultimate disdain for individuality and passion, or in other words, something against everything that defines a 「human being.」 Striving to strip humanity of all that separates them from each other, this Beast promises an everlasting, equal eternity to every living thing.

If nurturing life is the cause of all evil—if the brand of one’s soul is what divides creatures into 「that which is human」 and 「that which is not」—then one must forsake their very essence for the sake of attaining happiness. It is only in that place found beyond a heart that gods and humans are one and the same, and they can finally walk together.

—Incidentally, by denying the passion that makes one unique, that in itself is the catalysis for the existence of a counter: in this case, Hata no Kawakatsu.

For the scales must never tip to one way or another...

Heart of a Hollow Idol
    Kami Odoshi

Type: Anti-Soul
    Range: ?
    Max. number of targets: ?

Kagura, the art of pleasing gods with a prayer born from the body—something born from a god who danced to please humans.

It was said that the Great Raging God could only be appeased by the holy cleansing of a sacred dance, which is why he went to later become the patron of performers. According to one singular anecdote, Prince Shotoku even
    prayed
    danced
    to this god in order to receive the necessary blessings to turn the scales in his favor against Mononobe no Moriya.

However, the Beast who yearns for a place never meant to be does not dance for peace. Its prayers aren’t coming from a place of love, as it once were.

Instead, Madarajin dances for the end. It seeks a death without rebirth.

Channeling through his movements the same otherworldly charm that once bewitched an entire court, this time this Servant only summons a profound despair, a desire for destruction born from the deepest of souls, from whoever watches his performance. As if a predator whose presence freezes their prey in place, the great god still only knows how to dance. And whoever is around him still only knows how to revere that which is so distant from them.

—But this time, this will surely be his last dance. And on the other side of this prayer, humans and gods will meet, eye to eye...

HAKUSHIKO
    the world at peace.

“Oh. Hello,
    Master
    my dearest light
    . We meet again.”

“Have you defeated my sorrow? Have you seen my fate to the end?”

“—No. You know what... Actually, don’t tell me anything. I don’t want to know. Let’s not waste our precious time together speaking of upsetting things that won’t change anything.”

“Instead, tell me about your dreams. Your passions, your wishes. Tell me about your first memory of childhood. About the town in which you’ve born. About your first love. Those are the things that define us, that one holds close to their chest... So, those are what I truly want to know about.”

“Tell me about your new friends. Is it true you’ve been acquainted with a
    fallen monarch of a sunny paradise? And how about the red-haired lady who offered herself to her people? Is she as full of life as her dance indicates? Is that goddess of war enjoying her life to the fullest? Are those two goddesses still blessing their worshippers? Does that poor girl who met nothing but unhappiness found respite by your side now? Does the passion of the very sun still burns within the boy you’ve summoned? And the one who sings praise to the gods? Is that one properly performing his duty?”

“I hope one day I can meet them! I cannot wait to meet all the ones you speak to me about.”

“I’ve heard you even have a
    descendant of mine in your ranks? —To be honest, I don’t know how to feel yet. I’m very, very happy that my passion survived the ages, but... I am not so sure I’m ready to see that same desperation in another pair of eyes. I might have to speak with that boy at another time.”

Master
    My dearest light
    , every time I want to touch something or tell another I’m right here, I am reminded that I’m just a shadow. I can only hear about the sun and dream about its warmth.”

“But whenever you are by my side, I think I can begin to imagine just how incredible it is to be one of
    human
    you
    .”

“—And, you know, I think I found a wish of my own while I was waiting for you... One day, I want to dance for you.”

“I’m still a little afraid, so I won’t do that now... But one day, surely, I’ll put into a
    dance
    prayer
    all of my heartfelt wishes for your happiness. I hope you’ll be here to watch over me just one more time then.”

I mean, I guess he's a Tamamo who was just lucky there wasn't any Abe no Seimei around?

ANYWAY. I had this skelleton of an idea that I never ever touched because... I guess I wasn't ready yet? But this prompt came in like a wrecking ball. There's a lot of ambition behind this sheet but there's not enough execution to back that ambition up... But it's one of those ideas that really, really wanted to just come out no matter how clunky it would appear to others. So here's my attempt at translating whatever my brain wanted to say. Hope it's bearable.

I don't really have a lot to say (OTHER THAN I HAVE TO COMMENT ON THESE SHEETS)... Or I do, actually. Bear with me.

- Coco-sensei draws the softest uwuest Mouches. Thank you.
    - Considering all the 7 deadly sins, the one who fits this Servant the most was truly IV. I hate it, but what one can do. Ain't touching the whole :L and :R with a hundred inches stick, tho. I already have enough on my plate.
    - Also this prompt is about dance, so I didn't wanted to make the Beast part too long. This ain't the Biblical prompt any longer, I can't have fun. So you'll forgive me if that part is shorter than the rest... I did tried my best to put some pertinent information here and there but you know what they say: overexplaining things spoils the magic. Although I'm aware that there's a billion possibilities for syncretism with Madarajin (even Susano-o) but you know me, I'm allergic to this. So yeah bottom line is: he came from somewhere as a bunrei, sure, but of whom it's not important.
    - I envy Rey and the ability of crafting a sheet that's not only a short story in itself but also makes everything work in favor of this storytelling, like Skills and NPs. So I tried my hand on that approach and lemme tell you: IT'S SO HARD. I don't know if I was successful, but I sure did try. I also really like the way El writes so many quotes for his characters and how that really, really brings them to life. So I also tried to do that... Can you see that this ain't it, chief? So yeah, this sheet is just me paying homage to some of my baes.
    - The NP's title is a nod to Vinland Saga's OP. It's a bop, y'all. And the unnoficial music of this sheet, you can definitely (I hope) feel the vibes.

Oh look, if I talk any longer I'm ready to put myself down... So here's my cue to leave.

Hope you liked the read!

Last edited by WhiteFrenzy; May 3rd, 2023 at 11:32 PM.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    WF

You've done it again

A sheet that has given me an existential crisis

Thanks for the shoutout btw

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NittyGritty View Post
    Thanks for the shoutout btw
    Thank you for your comment, man! AND PLEASE YOUR SHEET IS SO GOOD? I'll still properly comment on it, I swear. But I also swear I love that chuunibyou.

And speaking of properly commenting on things... Look at me, trying my best.

Kalakaua: What a wholesome dude. He just wants to love his country unabashedly and wants others to see the beauty of it too. He looks so unassuming in his Skills and all, but it’s actually perfect for what he represents. He’s very strong where it matters, methinks. And anyway it was an amazing first entry and really sets the tone.

Miriam: You can feel the passion oozing from this sheet. She’s an amazing character and you did her justice, I swear I could hear myself swooning over her line after line. And you also HAD to strike right where I’m weak, because the way you woven those quotes into the sheet gave her so much personality… She’s so charming. 10/10 would summon.

Kali: How metal it is that you just keep dancing even after getting your head chopped off or worse? She’s amazing. I was waiting for someone to do her and you didn’t disappoint. I mean, MY WAIFU?? IS SO CUTE?? How come you can hate this poor creature who just wants some carnage while dancing? (I mean, she doesn’t here but hey.) P.S.: “One can only hope her dance will end before her master's reserves do…” hoo boy.

Jishara’s Ame-no-Uzume: A certified Jishara Sheet™. It’s a good meal… Not much fulfilling, as the prose is really, really brief, but it’s a meal and it keeps you going. The skills are creative (although you really like the word “sublimation” huh) and the Servant that comes out of these ideas is very good. Overall, I’d say good job!

Tatmanat: JUST TAKE MY HEART WILL YOU? A lore that rips your heart out and a character that takes full advantage of this story. I can only say that her as a Servant is cool and all, sure, I love her… But her as a character? SIGN ME IN. I WANT TO READ A 900 PAGE LN OF HER FINDING HAPPINESS. ;_;

Anju’s Ame-no-Uzume: Look at me screaming YES at the top of my lungs. Love the way you used Gudako here… I mean, the skills! The friendship one, in specific! *chefs kiss* And as someone who would never expect this fusion, I’m just in love. I don’t even care that it’s not that much of a serious sheet, all things consider. It’s still in my heart.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries

In the Gap between Yugas, between the Ending and the Beginning of Creation, there meditates the Sage of Dusks with closed eyes. Contemplating the Dharma of the Old World and the World Anew. Deliberating what form of the Tandava shall he perform next.

Flowing from his hair locks are the sacred waters of the River Ganges. A Tributary that shall join with the True River Ganges that flow from the Destroyer’s hair and into the World Anew. A meager sacrifice from the Sage’s blessings in the name of the Lord of Dance.

The bubbling waters were there of the Bhagirathi and the Alaknanda. Reminding him of the tale of the River Ganges becoming a beneficiary of Lord Shiva’s benevolence. The anecdote of the Goddess Ganga requesting the Lord Destroyer within his home on Mount Kailash to soften her descent upon the World, lest she drown it all in a Great Deluge.

Truly, Lord Shiva’s charity knows no bounds.

And then… in the infinite Waters of Life… Upon the Shores of the Sage…

He hears the scrapping of wood against sand. He felt the gentle grasp of fingers on his hands. He felt the presence of a Demon.

Yet as he stands, his eyes remain shut. The grip on his hands never left. He turned towards the source of the sound.

The Sage sees a young boy, dancing in a shallow river. He sees a child as bright as Lord Surya. He sees a dancer as ephemeral as the dreams of Lord Brahma. He sees a Divinity that wishes for the impossible.

And yet, here around them stands the impossible. The Chaos between Worlds. The Tapestry which the Lord Creator shall craft the World Anew with. The Karanodaka. The Garbhodaka. The Ocean of Cause. The True Source of the River Ganges. The Imaginary Sea.

A place where they can belong. That is what they wish for. The Sage promises them that their wish has come true before them.

A giggle. A laugh. A Hope.

A small request of a kind soul.

A shared Dance between similar passions.

A Final Farewell for the one who desires a place the Gods and Humans can share.

The Sage opens his eyes...

And the Child is gone. And in their place was…

A Monument of Rage.

An Idol of Loneliness.

A Demon of Equality.

An Asura of Peace.

A Rakshasa of Utopia.

An Oxymoron of Passion.

A Beast of Yearning.

One that dreams for the End.

The Truest End without Rebirth.

Beyond even Destruction.

The Path off of Samsara.

Towards their Promised, Everdistant Utopia.

Moksha.

The Sage looks upon this Hollow Soul…

And smiled.

For he sees a disciple that is in need of a lesson of Lord Shiva's teachings.

And a dancer who is in need of a partner for this Kathakali of Destruction.

May our Dance echo throughout ALL OF ETERNITY.

Do perform it properly. Please...

AN: Read after reading the above.

Thanks, Frenzy for the inspiration. I was wondering how I can make use of all the River Ganges trivia related to Shiva. And then you posted that sheet. Subarashii. I was enamored with Watcher and I couldn't help myself to the creative juices. Please accept my tribute.
    P.S. You thought you were slick with the FC edit. I see you, Frenzy. Respect.

Last edited by SimpleScribe; February 8th, 2023 at 12:47 AM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    nahobino faceclaim x2 combo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

...I know no cure for evil. DracoScribe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    King Louis XIV: Compared to plenty of other sheets, this was simple, and definitely short. But that's because it's concise for most of the sheet, with the only exception being the Noble Phantasm, with good reason. Despite me not always liking short sheets, the prose throughout kept my attention and was enjoyable to read, which is helped with the minimal colors and formatting. But my favorite part was definitely the first NP. I think it's rwally cool and interesting that he "becomes" the sun and controls time thanks to his obsession with becoming one.

Bhargava Markandeya:
    AIGHT, DRACO. BET. THIS SHEET IS FOR YOU.
    Well is most certainly is for me because wow.
    Just.
    Just wow.

But I can't just leave a sheet that left me in awe without some form of review. That would be the ultimate disrespect the sheet. But I can't quite come up with the words in my usual review way...

...so how about I tell a story?

We begin with the intro, declarations of who they are. Each declaration its own sentence to enhance its power. Then I get an FC I did not expect, with a hero being the last one I think when I think "dance", but since he comes from a game I wish to play set in a world where the hero's choice can set its course, I can't help but be fond and hope for the best. I "open" it to find it is yet another Indian figure, and we begin with his story. And it's sparse, and vague. And yet. And yet... The story he tells, the way he tells it... I can't help but be enchanted. I cannot help but find it enough to only know what he's telling me. Then we continue, seeing his aspects, telling us more of him, of his role, of his very being, though his skills, with it capping off with his
    Noble Phantasm
    dance
    . But it is not the end. Not of this story at least. We still have of how he treats others as he is now, and we see a demonstration of it with through the others from Chaldea and this Contest. And then, at last, we reach the end, with a reminder of humanity: how we have so many aspects of ourselves that, sometimes, may seem contradictory, but yet they are still us, leaving me just staring in awe and sit still for several moments to let all of that settle.

And I hope that can be enough to get it through to you how much I love this sheet, cause man I love it and that's the best I could do to convey that.

Then I get mood whiplash because the AN had me cackling. XD

Glad to hear my promot saved this from the trashbin! Because again, I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoScribe View Post
    So ceremonial dances work too.
    Quote Originally Posted by DracoScribe View Post
    As long as the end product is "used to perform" and not "used for combat". As I said in the prompt, "I want more dancers, okay!" no fight fight, yes dance dance
    [...] BERSERKER IS TECHNICALLY NOT A FIGHTER AND THE TANDAVA IS TECHNICALLY A CEREMONIAL DANCE. It's just a Dance that doesn't have an afterparty, but STILL A DANCE. MUAHAHAHAHA.
    One: yes "no fight fight, yes dance dance" is the best way to sum up what I want from the prompt. XD
    Two: So yes, it still counts!

MAGNUS. YOU HINDU SNIPING BEAUTY. YOU AND ME. DANCE FLOOR. OUR DUET SHALL BE DIVINE.
    AYO. AYOOOO. MY SCHTICK OF "Dancer who announces the End/Genesis" KEEPS GETTING SNIPED. AYOOOOO. Anymore I'm going to have to make us a Servant dancing crew named the "Terpsi Corps".
    Nothing really to add, just wanna point them out because LOL.

Wait... was this Draco's plan all along!?
    Mwahaha! Not even close to my plan of using you all as inspirations and selfishly giving myself lots of presents after Secret Santa! Mwahahahaha

Hata no Kawakatsu: You know, I know the fact that I picked "dance" means that basically every sheet is gonna feel aimed at me because the tiny dancer in me is squeeing in joy, but THIS one REALLY feels specifically targetted me because...GOSH DANG IT. ANOTHER "MONSTER THAT DIDN'T WANT TO BE A MONSTER" SERVANT WHOSE TRAGIC STORY WAS TOLD REAL WELL AAHHHHHHHHH. I think I can what you mean by it being hard, 'cause I felt the sheet was a bit different but couldn't quite place why. I don't know if you were that successful, since I am incredibly biased towards your writing style (as in your actual prose, not the formatting), but it worked well enough for me, as you told the story of a human who wasn't a human trying to be a human only for his child's dance to almost reassure him that he should be himself, even if he ended up becoming a Beast. Didn't expect that, partially because of not knowing this figure, but either way... AHHHHHHHHHH i cried his watcher np broke my heart. I think his Beast section's length was fine, but that could be because I didn't want to suffer for long, so take that with a grain of salt. So yeah, am happy to have read another of your creations and loving it.
    also seems like my prompt also helped with a sheet that was in the wip folder be finished im glad

BONUS:
    Bhargava Markandeya snippet

break my heart why don't you
    AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
    More seriously, I would've thought this would've been on the Throne of Snippets instead...but who cares! This was a real real REAL good bonus! It made me cry again, yeah...but still! Love this bonus!
    Author of:
    Persona 5: Refraction (SV link; FF.net link)
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Chapter 55 on: April 24, 2024 (GMT +8:00)
    Velvet Throne
    My list of my Servants! Still small for now.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shopped around for a while and am settling on this guy. It was him or Hoichi (I think that's the name) and honestly, this guy appealed to me more and seemed to fit the prompt way, way better as he actually dances.

Anonymous, BestHDWallpaper.com

General Information
    True Name: Wonhyo
    Class: Ruler
    Origin: Korean Buddhism/Historical Fact
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Dislikes: Violence
    Natural Talents: Sutra Chanting and Dancing
    Natural Enemy: None
    Alternative Classes: Caster

Parameters
    Strength: E
    Endurance: B
    Agility: D
    Mana: C
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: C

History
    Wonhyo was born in Amnyang. He lived a relatively normal life as a son of monks. He was not alone as he had a friend named Uisang. They were born on the same day under a lucky star. Both were raised to be monks. Naturally, the two bonded over their training. Eventually, the two decided to journey to China to study Buddhism further than their home temples could teach them. Their parents and fellow monks were agreeable to this idea and allowed them to go on their journey to China. Leaving behind their families, the two friends journeyed to China.

However, fate had other plans. As they were traveling through the Baekji region a downpour began very suddenly. They were forced to seek shelter within what they thought was an earthly sanctuary. They tried waiting for the downpour to subside but it showed no sign of abating. Thirsty, Wonhyo took a drink from a gourd he found in the darkness of the sanctuary.

They ended up falling asleep and slept through the downpour and night. When morning broke light poured into the sanctuary and revealed a harrowing truth. It was an ancient tomb and the gourd Wonhyo drank from was a human skull and the water was brackish. The two friends fled the tomb in horror, unbelieving of the events.

This event would lead the two to separate from one another. He felt he had come across something related to enlightenment in the tomb and wished to explore it further. His friend wished him well before continuing the journey. He meanwhile explored a new philosophy; "One Mind".

Wonhyo would proceed to travel around what in the modern day is north and south Korea. He would use dance and song to teach sutra to those interested and speak of his theory. Buddhist scholars would entertain his ideas and offer insights and he in turn would return the favor. Through these exchanges, he also developed Hwa Jaeng Theory too.

He would become a very inspirational figure for both scholars and ordinary people. While initially seen as a pest and embarrassment by fellow monks in the area eventually was accepted as a good monk. Eventually, he settled down and used his connections to found the Silleuska, and had a son that would go on to be one of the great Confucian Scholars of Silla.

Despite settling down, however, some records indicate he continued to travel, dance, sing, and teach Buddhism in these ways. Much to the distaste of other monks who ultimately had to constantly admit his methods were Upaya.

Class Skills
    Magic Resistance: D
    A class skill of Ruler servants and the staple skill of Sabers. Wonhyo did not encounter much in the way of supernatural phenomena nor did he particularly encounter magecraft. As such he has this skill at a very low rank and it can only cancel out single-action magecraft. Anything stronger will bypass this skill and affect him.

God's Resolution: C
    A class skill of the Ruler class container, he isn't entirely great at dictating the Will of Buddha or God. His career as a monk, while noteworthy, has no particular exploits specific to him. As such he has this skill at a middling rank. This rank permits him to have the traditional set of three command spells.

However, he can only use those three and can only target one servant for a single command spell. Once they are gone he cannot restore them on his own requiring the aid of the Human Overseer to replenish them. If the human overseer cannot help then his command spells are truly lost to him.

True Name Discernment: A+
    A skill held by Ruler servants to allow them to identify servants at a glance and determine how best to handle them while overseeing a grail war. While Wonhyo's experience with other cultures is not great and he abandoned his journey for wisdom as had he found it earlier than anticipated and worked hard to cultivate the wisdom of others. He was, in essence, a learned man.

At his rank, he will automatically identify a servant's identity, parameters, skills, and even noble phantasm at a glance even if they have concealment abilities though if the rank of the ability exceeds C rank then he must use a luck check to overcome it. If he encounters a Korean or Buddhist servant however he can immediately recognize them regardless of their capabilities.

Personal Skills
    High-Speed Sutra Chanting: B
    The capability to recite sutra at high speeds. It allows for magecraft related to Sutra to be enacted much faster than they normally would. As a trained monk, his capability in this skill, he has it. As he researched advanced Sutras he has it at an above-average rank. At his rank, he can enact a three-verse sutra at the speed of a single-action Sutra and greater magecraft at the speed of a three-verse sutra.

Dancing Upaya: A
    A skill representing his means of reaching enlightenment, teaching others, and providing wisdom. Chanting sutra while singing, teaching Buddhism while dancing, and making merry while trying to reach enlightenment. This was primarily what made Wonhyo famous within Korean Buddhist circles. He was known for walking the streets of various cities singing and dancing to the disapproval of fellow monks. Yet they had to admit that it was Upaya, or skillful means, to both reach enlightenment and save sentient beings around them.

This skill allows him several benefits when he dances. Primarily his mind and body become clear of debilitations that may be ailing them without the use of sutras. Secondly, he can, rather than chant sutra, dance or sing them to cast them. This adds a layer of concealment to his spellcasting. Finally, he improves the morale of any neutral or friendly party listening and attracts the attention of his enemies, and, indirectly, requests a ceasefire.

His particular rank makes this skill very potent. There are no known debilitations that can affect him when he dances nor any that do not wash away from his dance. Those around him have their spirits raised and start having a good mood, which remains even long after he ceases dancing. Finally, it requires a deduction or investigative capability of similar rank to detect his sutra casting through his dance or song.

Wonhyo's Legacy: -
    Wonhyo is also known for his scholarly pursuits. Dancing and singing made him famous, bringing attention to what he became known for; Commentaries. He provided commentary on over eighty-six works throughout his life and wrote at least half as many books. Among these were commentaries on the Awakening of Faith, the Mahāparinirvāṇa Sūtra, and the Vajrasamādhi sūtra.

This skill reflects this history. It is both a simple and powerful skill. It allows him to transmit information through his song and dance. While he can use simple hand gestures to do so he greatly prefers to use dance to do so. Normally such a skill would be somewhat useless. Yet as a Ruler class servant, it can be a devastating weapon. Its simple nature and its synergy with other skills are what makes it dangerous and so it is rankless.

Personality
    Wonhyo, as an overseer, is a very secretive individual. He will often utilize his skillset to blend into cities and hide from would-be participants. Blending in with a combination of disguises, alternate speech patterns, and sutras he will enter a population to subtly spy on servants and judge their conduct. He will also make contact with the official overseer to get an idea of why they were summoned.

When summoned to defend humanity or in Chaldea, he is quite different. While he might at first engage in these activities he will drop them when he becomes accustomed to his environment. He will act like himself most of the time, only becoming formal around his master unless he is 'on a break' in which case he will be completely casual.

Wonhyo, when not working or being casual, tends to be very youthful. That he will often seek excitement by getting involved in shenanigans unbecoming of his class. Further, he tends to use his information-gathering capabilities to play at being an information broker, often selling small anecdotes about servants to interested parties. These are often sold as books that take a small anecdote and spread them throughout the length of a great tale.

His favorite activity tends to be dancing and singing, favoring the former due to his innate talent in it and the fact his 'singing' is simply him reciting whatever song he has memorized as though it were a sutra. Generally, while he will utilize sutra casting during these dances they will be to invoke 'special effects'.

In terms of his feelings on combat, they are complicated at best and incomprehensible at worst. On the one hand, he hates violence and often will try to prevent fighting in Chaldea. Yet, on the other hand, he is painfully aware of his status as Ruler. In a holy grail war, he will silently abide by his role and allow violence to occur and will oversee it so that outsiders to the holy grail war are unharmed.

While he does have desires none of them relate to the holy grail. Rather his merely being summoned is, in a way, his desire being granted. He wishes to spread the joy of dance and sutra to people and being summoned gives him a chance to do so. It also allows him an opportunity to develop his theories further than he did in life or check on how far they might have gone.

Interactions
    Master, Bond Level 0: Greetings, master! Servant Ruler has answered your summons! Don't worry, Wonhyo will do his best!... now, what paperwork are you behind on? Surely that's all you needed me for... right?

Master, Bond Level 5: Hmmmmm... hmmm? Oh! Hello, master. I was just trying to think of a line for my book... that's all. Did you need something? I can handle that just fine. Just rely on me for small things like that. Paperwork too, I know some of those forms can be nightmarish...

Master, Bond Level 10: Hmmm. I think I've done it. A new book is complete. Not that anyone will ever see it. Still, hopefully, that information will be helpful to someone someday. Thank you, master, for your aid. I'd offer to do the paperwork but you seem insistent on doing it yourself... commendable, certainly. I certainly got a worthy master in you.

Houzouin Inshun: My, my! What refined spearman-ship! The amount of effort needed... is... is he close to enlightenment or has he reached it? I must talk to him!

Xuanzang Sanzang: O-oh my! The monk who traveled west! Sh-she-!... I must speak to her. I may no longer need 'wisdom' but her perspective... there's no way her perspective won't help!

Musashibou Benkei: Oh the legendary buddhist retainer of Minamoto-no-Yoshitsune! I'm a fan of his! I have little combat ability so seeing a fellow Buddhist that is more skilled at that, and to such a degree, is a delight!

David La'amea Kalākaua: An interesting fellow! I wonder... hmmm. I will simply have to see what this 'Hula' entails. Determine if it has the potential to bring humanity closer to enlightenment...

Miriam: That form! That grace! You must have found enlightenment!... Eh? the Lord? That's not his title...? Who do you follow miss, if I might inquire?

Ame-no-Uzume: What an interesting dance! Hmmm... so your influence the sun with your body... I wonder how... Ma'am, might I dance with you? I wish to understand your dance better!

Tatmanat: What a sad dance. It heals but hurts. I wonder what torment was visited upon her by life...?

Ame-no-Uzume Electric Boogaloo: ... Eh...? There's... two of you...? Eh?

Tilottama: Mmmmm... too... 'flashy' for my purposes. Still, I'll entertain a dance, if you wish. I hope my simple dance will suffice though

King Louis XIV: Huh. Fascinating. I'm not the only one who thought of dance as a way to enlightenment. Yet his aim is different than mine. He seeks to become a god while I seek a way to exit the cycle... fascinating. I wonder if I'll be able to dance with him someday?

Bhargava Markandeya: I've heard of your gods. I forget the specific region but whispers of them reached even my ears where I studied my theory... so? Might we dance? I love studying other schools of thought. Dance, I find, is the best way to understand it too.

Hata no Kawakatsu: ...! That dance...! It's a dangerous dance! Hey! Stop that! Before you hurt yourself!

Mokosh: Huh...? That dance...! It's closer to enlightenment than mine! Excuse me! Might I learn from you through dance?

Pierina Legnani: Mmmm. Lacks proper enlightenment but... it looks fun! Keep dancing, Pierina. So long as it inspires there's never anything wrong with a dance! I can certainly say that your dance does inspire joy.

Pelagia: He certainly was. I'm proud of him. He made it pretty far. As for sutra and prayer... hmmm... honestly? There are other monks more knowledgeable than me. That said if you don't mind me then I can talk for hours.

Doamna Zinelor: Hmmm... interesting. Despite lacking connections to enlightenment, her dance causes environmental changes and phenomena... could she be... a function of Buddha...?

Noble Phantasm

Yixinshixiang, Hwajaeng

One Mind, One Truth

Type: Anti-Army

A crystallization of the theory he worked on his whole life. A pattern of thought regarding the nature of enlightenment. An idea that was so powerful that it brought back to life attempts to reach Original Enlightenment and practice the act of the six paramitas. This theory came in two parts. Yixinshixiang, or One Mind Theory, and Hwajaeng, or One Truth Theory.

This Noble Phantasm, while incomplete, grants him tremendous power even in its incomplete state. It is a two-part noble phantasm based on the fact the theories are technically separate. Split between One Mind and One Truth. He can invoke both at the same time but he cannot truly synchronize the two halves without extensive research. As a Ruler class servant, this is extremely difficult to do.

One Mind, Yixinshixiang, relates to his One Mind Theory. Based on the incident that caused him to walk a different path than Uisang, he marveled at how the mind was able to alter reality to such a degree. He studied this phenomenon further to the point of making it a magecraft not based on Sutra. To say it is a magecraft unique to him is not an untrue statement as he never instilled his knowledge into a crest but did write about it.

To enact this magecraft he must utilize his dances to invoke it. Utilizing the dances he danced through the streets he utilizes what he learned about One Mind to alter the world around him through the art of dance. A gesture can bloom a tree, a footstep can crack the earth, and a fall can call the wind. Utilizing his dance he creates an effect akin to a Reality Marble but different.

The sole difference between Yixinshixiang and a Reality Marble is that a Reality Marble invokes a closed-off world that imposes the casters' inner world onto the planet. This magecraft instead does not close off the world and is not a projection of his inner world. It is instead an alteration to the natural flow of the world to invoke these specific effects. This is done by, as he puts it, convincing the
    World
    Buddha
    to change just a bit with his dance.

One Truth Theory, named Hwajaeng, is based on an idea. That all Sutra, in the end, is similar to one another and points to a single Truth. He described it best as being an obsession to say the same thing ten different ways and say ten different things the same way. That they are neither different nor the same. That there is only one Truth. His research into this, similar to Yixinshixiang, became a form of Magecraft all on its own. Like with Yixinshixiang, it was not preserved for later generations beyond what he wrote on the subject leaving it as a lost magecraft.

It is a magecraft that allows him to capture the effects of other magecraft, translate them into a Sutra, and then store it for later use. All magecraft can be captured in this method and be converted, even magecraft that normally rejects magical energy. While he cannot specifically choose the effects of the resulting Sutra, as they are based on the 'Truth' they profess, he can understand what they do.

The downside is he cannot store an infinite amount of Sutra spells to utilize. His sutras do not count towards his limit but due to the very nature of the magecraft, he can only ever utilize ten Sutra created in this manner. While he can 'overwrite' prior existing Sutra he generally will not as this magecraft is highly philosophical and so he generally focuses less on effects and more on the flow of the ten Sutra. All ten must point to a general single Truth on the reality of the world in his mind. Further, this magecraft does not cancel the effect of magecraft on him. If he is attacked by magecraft that would overwhelm his Magic Resistance then he will still be affected by it despite 'capturing' it.

Author's Note

Not gonna lie, this was fun to write. Like Kali, he kinda just wrote himself as I read about him. The hardest part was his noble phantasm. Less because of finding it hard to put something there and more because I found it hard to wrap my head around the 'One Mind' theory. I think in the end I portrayed what it'd be as a noble phantasm well enough at least as I understand it.

I'll get to bite into it more if I ever do Caster Wonhyo.
    Last edited by Baron Magnus; February 21st, 2023 at 08:06 PM.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Have yet to read the sheets
    But wtf, 4 sheets, 2 faceclaims?
    Dem odds
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

失敗作の神 God of Failed Work Spelror's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I have been doing the Wonhyo form for around 6 years and I haven't thought of him for this competition :-)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I see you, Frenzy. Respect.
    When I remembered that Beasts are supposed to have HORNS I was about to scribble two sticks with paint.

Tilottama: A good sheet, an apsara was definitely something I was expecting in this contest! But I need to admit that as soon as I read it I could only think "I'm so tired of the word 'sublimation'."

Louis XIV: And how creative is that you take a sentence and make that a literal Servant? Sure he was known as a patron of arts in life, but the idea of him being the sun - ergo the center of universe - and the rest of the planet dances around him is just so... So... It's the perfect flavor of stretch. Love me this sheet. He's an absolute brat that I'd slap if I could but still, there's a strange endearment beneath. Like, you can't help but to feel the love he has for... Uhh, himself? It's nice.

Bhargava: Holy shit, Scribe. You really bid your time huh? Coming back with a bang and all. This sheet is... Is... You know when you get hurt and for some seconds you kinda cant believe this happened, so you're just looking at the bruise dumbfounded? It's kinda how I felt after reading this. This man is unhinged in the most pure sense of the word and precisely because of that he's so interesting. Watch out y'all we might be looking at a winner here.
    (P.S.: AAAAAAAAAAAAA??? I'M SO IN LOVE WITH THAT EPILOGUE THO??? As a great Beast Lair's writer once said: YOU. ME. DANCEFLOOR NOW.)

Wonhyo: (First of all: LMAO @ FC. We had to do that to ourselves.) But yes... Now... Mannn. I had no idea this character existed, but am I glad I'm being schooled right now. I think you did a great job with him - sure it's no Kali, I mean, CAN YOU COMPETE AGAINST A KALI SHEET? But it's still very very good. A fine Servant, this lad. I loved the philosophy in his dance, in the way he did that to reach those that usually weren't contemplated. It's an amazing sentiment and I think it paid off in the end, he should be proud.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    This isn't gonna be a thing. This is no Lover.

And Mokosh has arrived!

An absolute pleasure to meet you, Master! I hope we can get along well! I mean, there are just so many things I want to know about you and the world as it is!

Huh? Human Extin... Ah, whatever! Whatever it is, I'm here to help! But first, I have to know, what is you favorite dance?

Caster? You were expecting a Caster? Please, that's so limiting, and it doesn't really fit at all! Do you expect me to break mountains with a sway of my hips?

A Caster has nothing on the sort of magic I perform! I move the world with the soles of my feet! I change hearts with a flick of a wrist and divert kingdoms with the flourish of my dress! I am at the core of this world, and I intend to show it to everyone I meet!
    If you want magic, then just follow me footsteps and keep the pace!

After all, a Caster is meant to cast. And I...
    was born to dance!

The Dancing Beryozka

Class: Dancer
    Other Classes: Caster, Ruler
    True Name: Mokosh
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Place of Origin: Slavic regions
    Height: 174 cm.
    Weight: 67 kilo.
    Dislikes: Isolation.
    Natural Enemy: Veles, Madarajin

Parameters:
    STR: D
    END: B
    AGI: A
    MGI: B
    LCK: A
    NP: A

Class Skills:
    Fancy Footwork (A):
    The grace required in a Dancer sublimated as a Class Skill. The act of dancing becomes a very tangible source of power, increasing their Parameters and enhancing certain Skills for as long as their performance and after. Depending on its rank, the duration and strength of the effects vary.

Adds modifiers to Strength, Endurance, and Agility while increasing Berezka and Bereginya by one rank.

Performer’s Charisma (A):
    The natural allure of one who graces the stage. Not the typical charisma of a leader, but instead one gained from the adoration brought on by their performance. Only effective against those who have witnessed them dancing but can be less effective on those with mental defects depending on their particular mentality.

At this rank, her dance imparts the visage of a goddess worthy of adoration into the hearts of those who witness her.

Divine Core of the Goddess (EX):
    A composite Skill that comprises the Skill Divinity, preserves the absoluteness of the mind and the body, repels all mental interference, prevents the body from growth and prevents the figure from changing no matter how much calories are absorbed.

Since she is purely a Divided Spirit and not a possession of a human being, she attains an EX Rank in this Skill.

Personal Skills:
    Item Creation (Prayer Stone) (C):
    These stones that were used to praise her have been given new purpose. Upon the creation and placement of three or more, the area that dwells within them becomes under the influence of Dancer. While this influence has no great impact or advantage towards combat, it does cause birch trees to sprout and rapidly grow throughout the area.

The White Birch (A):
    The birch represents life and protection in Slavic traditions. As the mother goddess from which all originates, Dancer herself is closely tied to these trees seen as direct gifts from their gods. It is through these birch trees acting as vessels that she can manifest without possession. So long as one remains, Dancer will continue to exist.

Bereginya (B):
    While all spring from her, her direct children were known as the Rusalka, mermaid-like nymphs, and the Bereginya, spirits that dwelled and watched from within the light. However, she was slowly supplanted by her latter children, their name and attributes being added onto her own.

Dancer, through this, has been given a mastery over light, able to direct and modify its properties. Aside from offensive action, Dancer can use it to create beautiful arrays of color and effects to enhance her performances.

Berezka (B):
    Translating to “little white birch tree”, the Berezka is a form of Khorovod that gives the appearance of its dancers floating across the stage without a force acting upon them to do so. It is a dance that gives the impression of reaction without action. Movement without propulsion.

In essence, this Skill Allows Dancer to move even when she remains completely still. Sliding to the side while her feet are unmoved, shifting several feet through the air without visible action, and allowing last second redirections of her dancing, this Skill can be frighteningly versatile in its usage.

Noble Phantasm:
    Khorovod: A Ring of Birches, Unifying and Encompassing (A)
    Anti-Forest, Unity

The Khorovod is one of the oldest dances in both Russian and Slavic traditions, with over a millennia of history and a variety of ways to perform it. The dance itself was used to praise their deities and symbolize the unity and friendship of those performing it. From energetic and complex to subtle and simple, the Khorovod encompasses the beautifully unifying power of dance.

Upon activation, Dancer becomes the Khorovodnitsa, the leader of the dance, as the many birches spawned by Dancer come to life as several more rapidly sprout, congregating to join her in the dance. The magical trees themselves will bowl over obstacles as she leads them, becoming a massive spiral of powerful tress that surround and protect Dancer.

More importantly, this Noble Phantasm shows its true strength with its effects on those who join the dance. Allies who take part in the Khorovod will gain temporary ranks to all their Parameters for the remainder of the day alongside modifiers to Skills relating to the Divine. It also can remove debilitating defuffs and break mental effects.

Much like Dancer, it, while possessing offensive capabilities, finds greater purpose in supporting others and bringing just a little more light into their lives.

Lore

In the beginning, there were three. The Eagle, the Owl, and the Birch.

The three were all that existed amongst the expanse of ocean, the great birds nested comfortably in the birch's branches. While the Owl and Eagle often fought, it was the Birch, their sole place of rest, that would bring peace. They would not risk their home in their squabbles, no matter how much their hatred for the other.

That was, until the Eagle and the Owl grew tired of one another, and, in a surprising act of unity, created land over the water so they have new places away from one another. The Eagle, rising high, created the heavens that shown down upon the earth the Owl lifted from beneath the depths. All was built around the tree, though they both would forget it as their home, choosing instead their separated new domains.

However, even this was not enough, and the great birds, ever connected, continued to rage and battle, only there was little reason to stop. After all, they had left the tree that had once brought them solace. Sadly, while they had forgotten the comfort of the Birch, the Birch had not forgotten them.

The Birch, which had watched them since the beginning, was now terribly alone. It continued to observe, spreading itself out to the world, but eternally alone. While the Birch ingrained itself into the earth and rose to the heavens, life began to grow throughout. Plants, animals, and eventually man, born from a lonely tree's wish for the companionship it lost.

The tree, which had given them life, was praised alongside the mighty Eagle Perun and the destructive Owl Veles. It was given a name for it's role in their creation, springing from the ocean and delving into the earth.

So it was that the tree, unable to exist in such a way any longer, broke herself free from her main body, and Mokosh began to explore what the three of them had made.

Having remained stationary for so long, Mokosh created dance to express both what she felt and how she perceived the movement of the world. Having no concept of spoken language, it was how she communicated for many years, and she taught it to her children as a way to connect with the world around them.

Then, one day, her dancing would catch the eye of someone intimately familiar to her. A certain god of storms took notice of the goddess who danced with a divine joy.

Perun and her would fall in love, and her domain over life and motherhood would continue to grow. She would be one of the many reasons him and Veles would come to blows, with the other god seeking her as his own consort. It is unclear as to if either recognized her as the Birch, nor if she revealed this to them. All that is known is the she and Perun would bear several children, and that she would almost be wiped away by the Christianization along with many Slavic deities.

Yet, she endured and remained, though much of her history was forgotten. A Mother Goddess that will continue to dance for the world and her children until the end has come.

Personality

Mokosh is a bubbly woman with more energy than sense. Frantic, impulsive, and impatient, it's hard to imagine this same goddess spent untold time as a divine tree. To be not moving, not doing something, seems completely foreign to her. Mokosh always has some activity to do, some dance to perform, someplace to go, without pause or reprieve. If this goddess had been a tree, she must be making up for lost time.

Even as such, Mokosh is an unavoidably motherly woman. Not in the typical sense, as one who watches over and quietly cares for you, but more akin to a parent who loves being a part of their child's life and wants to share their interests. She loves to get others into dance and performance in general and is ecstatic when someone else wants to share their passion. She will take any opportunity offered to share in what they love, and she hopes to draw closer to them by doing so.

She's actually very scared to be alone. She reaches out with such abandon and passion because isolation is crippling in her eyes. As long as she's interacting with someone in any way, she is not alone. She will get out there and make an extravagant impact on the world because if she can't, then why is she even here?

Relationships

Veles: No regrets? Good. Now, I won't feel bad about this.
    SLAP

Perun: And you! Don't go leaving me again! Now, can't you both stop this idiocy?

Ivan the Terrible: Come now! Just because you're a massive beast doesn't mean you have two left feet!

Anastasia Nikolaevna Romanova: Join the dance, Anastasia! Worrying over such things all the time will leave you dumb.

Anna Anderson: Everyone desires a happy ending, but you don't need a delusion to reach it.

Tsarevich Dimitri Ivanovich: *hug*
    There there, little Dima.

Basically everyone in this contest: Everyone! Together now! Let's make this a performance to remember!

Bhargava Markandeya: Except you.

Madarajin: And you. This... is not what I meant by untiy.

Francisco Romero: Those movements make such a fantastical dance! Let me try!

Gaokerena : And you're fine with just... sitting there?!

Craft Essence

A Birch Tree Stood in the Meadow

Dancing is a beautiful thing.

It was dancing that drew the attention of my husband. What conveyed the people's love for us. What brought them together.

As a mother to all, there is nothing more important than what dance provides. What I gave to my children and wished for them to give in turn.

Dancing is an expression of life! Movement and emotion combining to say what words can't! The world, from the tiniest insect to the tallest tree, sway and move to the rhythm of life!

It fills an empty heart, heals a wounded soul, and shows just how connected we truly are when we all move as one.

It lets a lone birch know that there's more out there.

That someday, someone will finally take notice

and join her in dance.

Sorry, Bn, but a Russian FC in a Russian outfit deserves a Russian/Slavic Servant. Still love Khutulun.
    For anyone wondering about her lore, that was modified along with some embellishment on her story considering her origins are rather obscure and hard to pin down. Creative License sticking to fact, like most Servants. The creation myth was fun to combine though.
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; February 20th, 2023 at 02:23 AM.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

That's a good FC, I dig it.

- - - Updated - - -

I dig that entire sheet actually it's a fun idea.

must... resist urge to do... hatsune miku.....