Page 170 of 367 FirstFirst ... 70120160165168169170171172175180220270 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 7337

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I hate that I can read this in Kyuubei's voice.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    I hate that I can read this in Kyuubei's voice.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\?
    Noob here. Sorry about that.

Blog Entries

One Good Duo Beckons Another - The Master Artisans of the Nine Realms

Down in the deep
    Where the Dragon used to sleep.

Glorious gold
    Glimmers in our home of old.

Dark as the Night
    Where the Day has lost its Light.

When the Hammer falls…

When the Hammer Falls
    And it Sounds through the Halls

When the Hammer Falls
    Freeing Treasures from the Walls

When the Hammer Strikes
    And the Kingdom comes to Life!

When the Hammer Pounds
    Like the Thunder Underground.

“When the Hammer Falls!”

“When the Hammer Falls!”

“Auðumbla’s tits, I love that song!”

“Yes, yes. Beautiful song. Now will you pass me the Draugr oil?”

“Oh, calm down, ya worrywart. Don’t want those delicate fingers of yours to slip and ruin the grip, right?”

“I’ll ever-!”

Of Legend and Myth
    Is the Craft of the Smith

The Molten Metal Poured
    And Pounded into Sword

From the Fire is Made
    Every Dwarven Axe and Blade

When the Hammer Falls…

“When the Hammer Falls
    Forging Weapon for All”

“When the Hammer Falls
    Songs of Battle fill the Halls”

“When the Hammer Flies
    Lines of Armored Dwarves Arise”

“With the Hammer’s Roar
    We go Marching off to War.”

When the Hammer Falls!

When the Hammer Falls!

“Wait! Wait! Stop singing!”

“Brother, I will forgive a lot. But don’t you dare and cut into the song. We’re just about to get to the good part!”

“Forget the song, twinkle toes! Don’t you hear?”

“Oh… oh dear.”

“Yeah! It’s time to skedaddle!”

“Wait a second! My reagents!”

Master Artisans of the Nine Realms

“I told you to leave that shit behind!”

“How about I leave you behind?!”

“You’re on foot, idiot!”

“And they’re right behind us. Your point is?!”

“Just keep running, twinkle toes!”

The Orcs came to our Land
    And we Fought them Hand to Hand

Sweat and Blood
    Turned the Ground to Mud

Dwarf and Orc in Strife
    Sought to Vanquish every Life

When the Hammer Falls

Class
    Other Classes
    Allignment
    ‘Hammer’
    Caster / Berserker
    Chaotic / Lawful Good
    Height
    Region
    Source
    1.35m / 1.4m
    Scandinavia
    Norse Mythology
    “Good pay, good mead, and a reasonable place to crash.”

“Well, some better work conditions here and there wouldn’t go amiss either. I’ve devised this contract which affords us a fair deal of compensation in the case of sudden beheadings.”

“One time, that was one time!”

Dislikes

“That bugger, Loki.”

“Brother, I do think you should be more respectful of the gods.”

“The Hel I do! Next time I see that scrawny asshole, I’ll sew something else of his shut!”

“Oh brother…”

Parameters
    Strength: C
    Agility: E
    Endurance: E
    Mana: A
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: A
    Command Cards
    Background

Where to begin… well, I suppose our legend started when Brokk got into that silly wager with the God of Trickery. That man had been a patron of Ivaldi’s sons for quite some time and loved to sing their praises in court. Of course, he’d given many gifts to all sorts of gods…

“More like trying to buy them out with his shitty presents.”

Well, yes. But don’t interrupt me.

So, one day while he was doing his usual round of bragging about the Sons of Ivaldi and how much better they were than every other artisan, my brother decided to speak out in court and say that we could do better than them.

Quite a scandal, no?

“Am I wrong? You’ve seen their shoddy work, right?!”

That’s beside the point.

Anyway, one thing lead to another and Loki decided to settle their dispute with a wager. He would allow us to create something greater than every other gift he’d brought to court. The catch was that if our product failed to live up to expectations, my brother would settle for losing his head instead.

“Fat load of good that did! We won and that idiot still kept his head!”

I was going to get to that.

See, Loki didn’t plan on letting us finish. He disguised himself as a gadfly and constantly annoyed us over the course of our work. It was so annoying I thought Brokk was going to try and kill it with a hammer and brain himself by mistake!

“Maybe I’d have brained you instead!”

So you say.

We never had to find out, though. Sure, Loki tried to stop us and stung Brokk nonstop trying to make him mess up his work somehow. But the tricky little guy didn’t account for just how stubborn he was. Again and again he stung him. On the hand. On the nape. Even in the eyes! Yet not once did he miss the mark or ruin a piece.

“Hey hey, now. You know that’s not…”

True?

So what?

Sure, you might have made Mjolnir’s handle a bit shorter than planned, but the big guy loved it either way, no? Just like how Odin loved the bracelet. Just like Frey loved his golden boar. And that’s what matters no? Client satisfaction.

“Well, when you put it like that. I’m pretty great aren’t I?”

And that’s precisely what got you in that mess to begin with…

Of course, that wasn’t the last of the story. When we confronted Loki regarding his bet with Brokk, the sly god argued we would not be able to remove his head without harming his neck, which wasn’t included in the wager. Tricky guy, that fellow. But we found a way around that.

Brokk sewed his mouth shut so that he wouldn’t be able to boast about ‘outsmarting’ us.

I’m sure Odin appreciated the quiet for however long it lasted.

“I’mma weld it shut next time we see the prick.”

Personality

What’s there to tell?

Everyone knows I’m the handsome one. Not to mention the strongest one. It’s why I was the one in charge of keeping the forge hot. You can’t do that without some impressive muscles. I bet I could wrestle down a giant!

“After a pint of mead or two, maybe…”

You picking up a fight, scrawny nerd?

“No, of course. Please, do go on.”

Where was I?

Oh yeah.

See, they’ll say that you don’t need strength to be a good smith. All those fancy dancy perfectionists only care about the details. Why, I heard of this group of idiots who made a sword that’s always glowing. It was such an eyesore that the poor sap who used it had to shroud it with wind magecraft so it wouldn’t give them away at every turn.

“Brother… that’s the Sword of Promised…”

So what?

Couldn’t those asshats have come up with something more functional? You know, something that wouldn’t give you away at a glance and not act like some glorified whelp’s night light? And don’t even get me started on the stuff Ivaldi’s Glory Hounds pulled with their dad’s brand.

“I thought it was pretty clever actually.”

They sold out their design to some islander idiot and it ended up being mass produced by a Witch! Those guys were lucky they didn’t turn into dragons with all the greedy shit they pulled off.

“You know who that reminds me of?”

Yeah?

“Ol’ Fafnir.”

Gross. Last I heard of the guy, he’d gotten himself killed by some knight named Siegfried.

“Huh, I thought his name was Sigurd.”

Who cares?

Variant Class - Hammer

Alright, dear readers. I’m sure you’ve been wondering as to the circumstances of our summoning. You must be asking yourself ‘Professor Sindri, how is it possible that you two have been summoned together? And why is the name of your Class all wrong?”.

Well, allow me to explain.

It all started during a conflict known as the Blumen…

“A Wizard did it.”

Brother! Must you interrupt me at every turn?!

“What? You know I’m right.”

You know there’s way more nuance to it! And that doesn’t even begin to cover the peculiarities of our Class and how it combines elements not only from the Caster and Berserker-

“A Wizard did it.”

Will you stop saying that!

To begin with, the roles of craftsmen and artists would usually fall under the purview of the seven standard classes. Think of the universal genius, Leonardo Da Vinci, or the famous swordsmith, Muramasa.

‘Snort’

“Famous.”

Our abilities as master artisans would usually be relegated to a Class like Caster due to our skill. Or to berserker due to Brokk’s ill temper leading to our most famous achievements. But since the seven standard classes were taken, we were forced to manifest into a… severely downgraded vessel.

“Forget downgraded, it was plain sabotage!”

Yes. The Hammer Class was the ‘Variant Berserker’, a class created for the express purpose of tricking the Holy Grail into believing there was another Berserker present despite the fact we were at barely ⅓ of our strength without access to most of our skills or Noble Phantasms.

But after it was all settled? Well, that’s another story.

The Concept behind the Hammer is two fold. The Artisan whose gifts a Hero uses to complete their quest. And the Barbarian who threatens to destroy Civilization. Both represent the idea of Advance vs Stagnation. Oftentimes you need someone to solve an issue in order for society to grow. On the other hand, if society stagnates, you need an enemy to push it forth, an issue to be defeated.

That 's the [Hammer]

That is us, Brokk and Sindri.

“We got a fancy trick out of it, too.”

He’s referring to our Class Skill. Or, well, the Class Skill we were given to make up for the inferior vessel. You’ll see it in a bit!

Class Skills

Blueprint - [B]

The Hammer Class’ signature skill. While the Class possesses traits similar to those of the Caster and Berserker class vessels, the unique Skill of a hammer lies on the ability to use mundane materials in order to recreate mystery. Unlike Item Construction, which provides the knowledge and ability to build magical tools. Blueprint provides the means to bypass resource restrictions and achieve the same effect with mundane resources.

Item Construction - [EX]

In conjunction with the Blueprint skill, Brokk and Sindri possess the knowledge of legendary craftsmen from the Age of Gods, known for creating legendary weapons, beasts and divine items. Though they would be severely limited by the need to procure the right resources in the Age of Man, and hard pressed to create something similar to their previous works, the Blueprint Skill allows them to completely bypass that limit and create masterpieces from random junk and spare parts.

“I dare say that our limits as a Hammer have pushed this skill beyond the limit. That only I can use makes it at least fair on other craftsmen.”

Mad Enhancement - [E]

Though he is known for making rash decisions and getting into trouble for his temper, Brokk has never been noted to go berserk. Hence he is limited to being a rougher around the edges grouch who is actually a softie on the inside, just a little bit misunderstood by anyone who’s not used to him.

“Bollocks. Who’s the idiot writing these entries!”

Personal Skills

Stout Blacksmith - [C]

The great arm strength of a master smith. Brokk was able to keep his forge white hot even while being stung by Loki. It is also necessary for craftsmen to test their own products before delivery, so of course that Brokk would offer to test their various weapons. Being the brother with greater arm strength.

“Oh yeah! Now that’s what I’m talking about!”

Artistic Aesthetic - [A]

An eye for detail and appreciation of the arts. Sindri is a throughout enjoyer of others' creations and is able to tell at a glance how they were made. This Skill also allows him to freely manipulate the appearence of objects he did not create by ‘refurbishing’ them. More often than not, this remodelling process will turn even an average vehicle into an extravagant carriage without changing its inner workings or function.

“I understand you have a theme going, good sir. But if you’d let me give that armor of yours a once over… ”

Rune Magic - [A]

The ability to use runes in the process of crafting. While at a high Rank, the supportive nature of the Hammer Class completely eliminates its use in direct combat. Though the brothers can create instruments of war and battle, they cannot directly use Runes to harm other beings. Had the Brothers been summoned separately, Either brother would have been eligible for the Caster Class due to their knowledge of runes alone.

“You flatter me. I assure you there is much more to rune work than simple engraving and enchanting. I could never hope to match true masters like The Allfather or Mimir.”

“Would it hurt you to not be humble for once?”

Loki’s Wager - [A]

The curse used on Loki by Brokk. It establishes the parameters of a ‘contract’ similar to a Geass under which the brothers will have to work for someone else. If the terms of the contract are broken, the party found to be in debt will be cursed by a similar condition as the God of Mischief. Attempting to back out of a contract will draw even harsher punishment to one self. Thus it can be seen as both a geass with a secret clause for rule breakers.

“And I’d do it again!”

Proof of Brotherhood - [A]

The unbreakable bond which exists between brothers. Rather it could be said that this Skill is what prevents either brother from ever being summoned alone. It greatly increases the chance of a Double Summon happening, while allowing either brother to communicate and access the knowledge of the other brother no matter how far they are from each other. They will never be alone, no matter how far apart.

“Aww! See? You do care, you big softie.”

“You’re telling me that even if I brain this idiot he’s just gonna live inside my head? How’s that fair?!.”

Noble Phantasm
    Mjolnir: All-Crushing Hammer of the Thunder God
    A-Rank / Anti-Army

The legendary hammer of Thor, the norse god of thunder.

A massive construct of stone which was made to channel the massive strength and power of a Divine Spirit. Though neither Brokk nor Sindri can wield it as a result of their limitations as Hammer Servants, these same limitations are what allows them to completely re-create the mighty Hammer from scratch. Rather than a shade of legend brought along with them through summoning, this is a genuine physical article made by the Brothers.

You could say that the means to create a second Mjolnir is their first Noble Phantasm.

There are, however, limitations.

Even if a second Mjolnir is made, it can only be used by those who share traits with its users. Coming from a similar background, sharing on similar deeds, even a semblance in look or personality might allow for temporary usage at a greatly diminished state. Though the legendary hammer will eventually reject any user who isn’t Thor.

It should be noted that a person can force the usage of Mjolnir despite sharing no similarities with Thor… but such usage will inevitably lead to the person’s death.

“Man… that’s one hell of a weapon.”

“A masterpiece to end all masterpieces, yes. Though it pains me to repeat myself. We aren’t supposed to be one trick ponies.”

Gullinbursti: Gold Maned Boar of the Summer God
    B-Rank / Divine Beast

A constructed familiar deviced to be a companion and protector to the Summer God, Freyr. Possessing golden bristles which glow in the dark, the beast is in actuality completely made of metal, with runic enchantments breathing life into it.

While not as glamorous as their other creations, Gullinbursti is a fierce beast capable of fighting on par with Heroic Spirits despite being a physical construct. According to legend, Freyr rode in on Gullinbursti to Baldur’s funeral. What most don’t know is that he rode inside a inner compartment which was built into the Divine Boar by the dwarf brothers. Allowing whoever rode it to remain safely enclosed by their creation’s thick hide.

Of course, much like with Mjolnir, Gullinbursti will only allow those who are similar to its original master to ride it.

Otherwise it would simply remain in stasis or rampage if disturbed.

It is believed that it outlived Ragnarok by moving to the isles off the coast of Europe. Where it was known by a different name.

“Nasty piece of work, that one was.”

“You’ve never liked working with constructs, brother.”

“Nah, too complicated and delicate. I prefer the hammer.”

“Of course you do…”

Draupnir: Unlimited Wealth of the Wise God
    C-Rank / Treasury

The ring of the Great God Odin.

A self replicating relic which was made as a gift by the dwarven brothers. It provides unlimited wealth to those who possess it and have the patience to wait for it to replicate itself every nine days. Of course, what the brothers never told anyone was that the ring was afixed to Odin’s personal treasury, and that he would allow those who wore the copies of Draupnir limited access to the various riches, weapons and relics which lay within the ring’s reach.

One misplaced copy of the ring would eventually land in the possession of a fellow Dwarf by the name of Alberich. While the original was burnt on Baldur’s funeral pyre. Some believe that other copies of the ring might still exist. Amusingly, its design ended popularized in the Age of Man by a famous movie based on the written works of a man who might or might not have possessed one of the Draupnir copies.

Who can tell?

“I think we’re owed some royalties for that one!”

“Oh come off it, brother. No such thing as bad publicity. Imagine all the business we’ll be getting once people realize the design came from us!”

Craft Essence
    wwwwwwwwwwww

Open for Business

“Hey Sindri.”

“Yes, brother?”

“Don’t you ever get tired?”

“I mean, certainly. You can’t expect me to work every hour of the day.”

“I don’t mean like that, you numskull.”

“What then?”

“Why bother being summoned as a ‘Hammer’ again? Wouldn’t ya be better off just being summoned as a Caster?”

“Well, I’d certainly be less restricted. But I find this vessel comfortable.”

“Why didn’t you? Choose Caster, that is.”

“Where’s this coming from, Brokk. We were summoned by Chaldea the same way everyone else. I don’t suspect them of foul play.”

“Then you chose to be like this?”

“Yes, yes I did.”

“Why?”

“Well, I could hardly expect to work at my best otherwise. The conditions here are better than before and we have a good Master this time. I think we’ll be able to do good work. Perhaps our best.”

“You could have been stronger, if you came alone.”

“Brother, I’d change nothing at all about our arrangement. Now then, ready to start?”

“If you say so.”

“Hey, Sindri.”

“Yes, brother?”

“I wouldn’t wanna be summoned as a Berserker either.”

“I know, brother.”

When the Hammer Falls
    Then our Victory Calls

When the Hammer Falls
    Songs of Glory fill the Halls

When the Hammer Flies
    Mighty Heroes now Arise

With the Hammer's Sound
    Live the Dwarves down Underground

When the Hammer Falls

"When the Hammer Falls"

Blog Entries
    Well, that's one hell of a plan, Wyvern. I think it's the first Hammertime for such a Servant?

Actually, I have questions I'd rather reserve for a PM -- your dwarves may yet finally allow me a chance to complete a Servant sheet... if not the one I have for this content.
    Noob here. Sorry about that.

Blog Entries
    I'd be happy to answer whatever questions you have. So feel free to PM whenever you have the time.

And yeah. This was the 'nuclear option' of all the sheet ideas I had available for this contest. Gotta go big or go home.

Blog Entries
    I'm glad that, if nothing else comes of it, everyone here got a good chuckle out of my first sheet. It feels nice seeing a creation of yours called back to so often.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    wooh finally. didnt expect it to come so soon tho.
    I feel this class, I like it as a concept that embodies creation and destruction.
    I hope you have plans to use the other iteration of this Class soon, so the whole concept becomes clearer.
    Did you discard the one idea you had about the knowledge of structure and stuff?

Anyways, apart from the Class itself (which I hope gets popular like your Lover) the sheet it really cool. Their dynamic is amusing, their roles and characters are well described, the background for the NPs are intriguing and to start of and end the sheet with that one song sets the mood. Couldve used it inside the sheet tho.
    Gullinbursti became known as what tho?
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Remember when cursed by fortuna said that he was gonna do an alternate seventh beast from canon for a fgo fanfic he was doing? I wonder what happened to that?
    Last edited by NINE-lives; October 9th, 2021 at 10:16 AM.

Blog Entries
    I was making a reference to Twrch Trwyth, whose FGO sprite I borrowed for Gullinbursti. As for the song, I was worried about the size of the post and the word count. I'll probably add it in if I can though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    Remember when cursed by fortuna said that he was gonna do an alternate seventh beast from canon for a fgo fanfic he was doing? I wonder what happened to that?
    he is still working on it.
    Also wrong thread for this
    and your Fortuna fanboying becomes kinda weird

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    I've been busy with work the past few days, and I come back on and... jeez everyone's sheets are so good. Well, I'm definitely not gonna be anywhere remotely close to top 3, but I'll try my hardest regardless.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    It’ll be fine. It doesn’t matter if you don’t make it to the top 3 anyway.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Author's Note:
    Spoiler:
    Thus begins my final entry! The original plan was a Hoichi the Earless that was kinda unique. However after reading some of the newer entries I got inspired to try to make the best second sheet I could. To follow Taliesin up. So here it is. My best artist servant that I can pull out of the hat. Small warning, this is a long one.

"Tell me master... have you ever actually read a card?"

Sources: Naoq, 8tracks.com. Lunamaria Estelle, Twitter.com. Oops, Zerochan.net. Iwontmiss, Tumgir.com. Wallpaperflare.com.
    Class: Caster
    True Name: Jean-Baptiste Etteilla
    Origin: Historical Fact
    Alignment: Neutral-Good
    Likes: Cards, Card Art, Cartomancy, and Divination Rituals
    Dislikes: Magus Society and the Secrecy of Magic
    Talents: Tarot Reading, Designing artwork for cards, and Cartomancy
    Catalyst: An original Jean-Baptiste Tarot Deck
    Other Classes: none
    Armament: Cartomancy

Parameters
    Spoiler:
    Str: E
    End: E
    Agi: D
    Mna: C
    Lck: A+

Lore

Spoiler:
    One of the more controversial figures in history, Jean-Baptiste Etteilla was the first man to publicize and make known the arte of magecraft. While he used pseudonyms and complex vocabulary in order to muddle the truth, his published works contained true secrets regarding magecraft. As one might expect, the association took umbrage with this and responded with placing a sealing designation on him. Yet, somehow, he always eluded their pursuit. Even worse, in many cases, he would leave behind clues as to where he actually was hiding out and who he truly was as at the time he worked under an alias named Alliette. From this he got away with what amounted to publicly revealing Magecraft. Yet there was a deeper reason to this that he’ll tell anyone that asks while he is a servant. Fact of the matter was that to him divination was an art and Tarot symbolize the perfection of that artform. His publishings were simply refinements to the basis of his method of Tarot. While one could certainly question if he was legitimately divining the fact is that he was a confirmed magus by the association and that his family did have a specialization in divination. What was odd was that before him his family practiced druidic methods of divination and he was the first to adopt french Cartomancy to accomplish this. Further his parents were practically average magus’ and yet Etteilla not only eluded them until his natural death but even at times outdid their magecraft. Were it not for the fact that he died naturally and his works did not truly expose the association to society then it is likely that more effort would’ve been put in studying him but in the end nothing came of their study of his corpse and remaining workshops. All that was found of them was an active tarot session missing the card signifying the future and a shattered crest. When a magus drew a card to reveal the future, they ended up drawing the card named 'Death’.

Class Skills

Spoiler:

Territory Creation: C

A skill that denotes the ability and strength to create a territory suited to the servant. At this rank, they can create a ‘Workshop’ albeit at a shoddy quality. He created a small magus’ workshop fit to perform and product the act of ‘Tarot’ as well as publish books. He has this skill at its rank due to both his origins as a magus and a famous publisher even if under an alias.

Item Construction: C

A skill that denotes the ability to create items. While they can hold magecraft, they must have a physical form to be conducted through. At this rank his items are average and nothing he creates isn’t anything a magus can’t create with time or effort. However in general he will simply create books to give his master and cards for his ‘Tarot’ deck.

Personal Skills

Spoiler:

Cartomancy: C

A magecraft skill that focuses on the use of cards. With this, he employs both his divination and offensive magecraft attacks. At this rank though, while he exceeds even the most skilled of magus at pure magecraft, he is still below average for most caster servants. Which is unusual as he was a proper magus in life and so should be somewhat stronger than this. Perhaps his publications weakened this skill to this degree.

Cancellation of Magecraft: C

A skill that automatically cancels magecraft of a certain rank, with higher magecraft requiring a check. At this rank, while it cancels D-rank magecraft, any higher requires luck checks. He is unable to automatically cancel A-rank or higher magecraft. Based on his publication of his own magecraft which likely weakened his own Cartomancy skill. Additionally, he can cancel magecraft targeting an ally using the same rules.

True Name Discernment: C

A skill that allows one to discern the true name, parameters, and noble phantasm of other servants. However, at this rank he needs a luck check to reveal the true name and parameters of servants with information concealment, cannot know their noble phantasm (though he may guess), and he needs a luck check to reveal the noble phantasm of servants without information concealment abilities. It is unknown exactly why or how he has this skill, though it can be speculated that due to his ability at Tarot he can use it to discern information and this skill simply cuts out the middle-man. It sort of makes employing Tarot against enemies to discover such things useless, huh?

Personality

Spoiler:
    A serious person, they tend to focus heavily on their craft. They will begin crafting a territory and cards immediately upon summoning, briefly pausing to confirm the servant/master relationship. While they will always acknowledge and obey their master, they always start a war with these beginning steps to gain access to his full suite of skills. He will explain this and his capabilities to his master once he is finished and then will strategize with his master afterwards. He will even exchange pleasantries and enjoy downtime between fights with them. Yet there is always a distant strangeness to his actions. He will seemingly know and say things that either haven’t happened, happen immediately after, or that haven’t been shared. For example he may compliment his master on a particular achievement he achieved but gave credit to someone else for. Perhaps he will mention that they have a guest that wants to meet them to form an alliance right as another master walks through a door and proposes an alliance. He never explains them nor does he ever elaborate. He simply does these things and moves on. Nothing seems to get him to talk either as he has been heavily drunk and exhibited the same activities. It is quite peculiar even for a servant that was once a modern magus.

Tarot Readings

Spoiler:
    “Ah the famous saint of orleans… I am humbled you grace my table. Oh? I must cease? Madam, I assure you, my business is legitimate. Shall I give you a free reading as proof?”

“To think the famous bard of avon would visit me. No doubt you are concerned that your new play won’t sell… come, englishman. Let us read the future and see”

“The infamous Medea? Apologies… it is simply your reputation, as undeserved as I believe it is. Come. Test my power as much as you like”

“Hrm. What a problem. To come across you… well. Stay out of my way and I’ll stay out of yours…. Is that acceptable, Abigail Williams? Now… how may my readings serve you?”

“While certainly an unacceptably long name I find you refreshing. I cannot read your future you see… for nothing has no future, Jugema”

“What cute cats… what a shame they come from such a tainted heart…still. How will my readings further your craft?”

“My… mask…? Sorry, Maria, but I cannot, for that would require too much pan for me to handle. Now, did you come for a reading or to talk?”

“..... tsk. What a fool, falling for his own noble phantasm. It beggars belief yet here I stand… no matter. My readings are for all. Unless you believe yourself capable of defying fate…?”

“Truly love is beautiful… hmmm… sadly, your future is not changing… truly sad… but for you I will offer a special service. A reading that can defy fate… however, sign this contract…. Do not fear. It simply state you accept the reading. Nothing more”

“Ah! Such famous legends come to my table! What can I do for you fine gentleman? Oh? Really, a reading? Sure, sure, take a seat… now. Who first?”

Noble Phantasm

Spoiler:
    Les Cartes ont Toujours Raison
    The Arcana is the Means by Which All is Revealed

Type: Anti-Fate

A noble phantasm encapsulating his greatest achievement in revealing the magecraft arte of Tarot to the world and its splendour. It covers not simply his book but also the tarot deck, the treatsie, and even the school of Cartomancy nicknamed Nouvelle Ecole de Magie. The effect of this noble phantasm is quite simple; It allows him to use his Cartomancy divination magecraft without interruption, bypassing all defenses to prevent it. This includes bypassing his own Cancellation of Magecraft. However, his divinations tend to be non-specific unless he focuses on some aspect. When he does, as before, no skill beyond EX-rank skills can impede his power and even then a successful Luck check allows him to bypass them entirely. Yet as with all things, there is a limit. He cannot do the same kind of reading twice on an individual success or failure. If he attempts to divine a name, he cannot divine the target servants name again if he fails his Luck check due to some ex-rank skill protecting them.

Of course, that is merely a facet to the true power of his noble phantasm. Usually, he prefers a geas in place before he attempts it but is willing to if he either has no other options or simply feels he must. When he gives this noble phantasm its true name activation, he immediately begins a reading. He can speed-read or properly read. The methodology matters little as the result is tremendous. Effectively, he makes a luck check and on a success creates an event of his choosing. It must be within the realm of possibility; His offensive spells will not pierce the magic defense of Artoria. However it is entirely reasonable that another servant will appear to take her down for him, as it is an opportune time for them to do so with him distracting them. Alternatively, Artoria proposes an alliance due to the usefulness of his divinations. The possibilities are endless with this Noble Phantasm that alters fate how he sees fit.

Ah, Sherlock... how can I help you?

“Tsk… of course YOU’D be here. The ‘Elementary’ man himself… no. I made no mistake. So how? All my skills, my parameters, their ranks, even my Noble Phantasm was perfectly believable. Even a genius like you couldn’t have seen through it…. Hmmm? My readings…? What of them?.... My noble phantasm allows me to change things. Even like that. They weren’t supposed to talk but-... n-not that?.... My choice of deck…?..... Huh. So it is…. So it is… to think, such a simple, simple mistake revealed me…. Oh? Who do I serve? Hahahaha… HAHAHAHAHA!.... What a joke. Sherlock… take a seat… won’t you join me for a reading?”

Source: Dreamingbutterfly, Zerochan.net. Jun Kuruoso Stan, Reddit.com. Mina-chan, Zerochan.net. Ponyboy215, Tenor.com. 06-METIS, Deviantart.com.
    Class: Foreigner
    True Name: Jean-Baptiste "Etteilla" Alliette
    Origins: Historical Fact/French Myth/New-Age Mythology/Modern Mythology
    Likes: Outwitting Outer Gods(?), Cards, Tarot, and Freedom
    Dislikes: Outer Gods, attempts to restrain him, and those that degrade Tarot as false
    Talents: Tarot Readings, Divination, and Card Design.
    Catalyst: A copy of 'Shambler From the Stars' or an original Jean-Baptiste Tarot Deck.
    Other Classes: Caster, Assassin, Faker, or Pretender
    Armaments: Tarot Deck

Parameters
    Spoiler:
    Str: E
    End: D
    Agi: C
    Mna: A
    Lck: A

Lore
    Spoiler:
    “Allow me to interject. I am Jean-Baptiste Alliette, otherwise known as the Father of Tarot. Even if the practice existed before me, I popularized it. How could I not? The arte is amazing. It is metaphorical and divine. And through it, the power of fate, I am now free of fate itself. Tomorrow I could never be summoned again and come back to Chaldea. Yet… I chose this method. Why? Simple. Just because I can defy the rules does not mean I should… no, I simply disregard them when they become too unreasonable. Until then I will play nice with reality…. As for how I came about this power? Oh that is simple… though perhaps not to you. Let us start with my sealing designation. It was placed in secret and shared with few and then entrusted to even fewer. I eluded them for some time but I knew not forever… After all, the Book of Thoth predicted my capture. So, I ran while publishing various works. All predicted by the book… yet what it didn’t predict was the outer gods. Those ephemeral dreams. They inspired my tarot designs, you know. You can find them if you look hard enough. Anyway… eventually, I was to be captured and so shattered my crest and left a single tarot deck. I was captured before I could pull the final card. They did not get the book… no. That was dealt with. It was stolen before they got there. As preordained. However my acts got me a place in the throne, as planned… from there I enacted MY plans. I won’t bore you with the details… but let me simply say this. Tarot is what guided me to the truth and Tarot is what brought me freedom. Now come… shall I do a reading? I promise, all my readings are 100% accurate… and if you need I can change a card or two”.

Class Skills

Spoiler:
    Existence Outside the Domain: EX

Denotes the level of connection between the servant and their patron. At this level, it’d normally denote that they are possessed by the evil god. However in his case it is very different. He contains part of their authorities but they have fled. He claimed them for himself and now wields them with no regard to the rules, merely following them at his convenience. Specifically, he has partial authorities claimed from each of the gods that wished to possess him. How he accomplished this is unknown but the lack of their presence and the confirmation of these authorities lends credence to this claim.

Personal Skills

Spoiler:
    Tarot: A+

Magecraft that uses a Tarot Deck to enact magecraft. At this rank, the servant is a very skilled practitioner and in his time could overpower most magus. As a servant he is among the highest tier caster servants. While he could arguably not use this skill, he uses it often out of a preference and appreciation of Tarot Decks. Each time he uses one it will be a different deck. In terms of what can happen it largely depends on the card drawn. Swords will generate swords of solidified prana while the card Sun will enable him to fire beams of concentrated prana that, while they could not overpower B-Rank noble phantasms, can overpower most forms of magecraft.

Book of Thoth (False): B

Acts akin to a composite skill of Clairvoyance and Librarian of Knowledge at equivalent ranks. While he is not perfect with this skill alone, he can make semi-accurate guesses at the future using memories of reading the Book of Thoth, the book of destiny. With a successful luck check, he will remember the next 10 minutes recorded in said book with perfect clarity. However even failure generates general facts like the type of attacks or the fact someone important will round a corner. While this Luck check cannot be forcibly passed, his chances can be improved if combined with Tarot. However as this is simply memories of them rather than the real thing there is a margin of error even with perfect recollection as well as the inability to clarify old passages with new ones.

Appreciation of the Arts: B

A skill that denotes the servant's ability to appreciate art. At this rank, there is a high chance to recognize the true name of a noble phantasm if it has artistic values. This is due to Jeans pursuit of the perfect Tarot deck and the use of artwork being the forefront of the decks. Even further, he has a deep appreciation for the meanings and philosophies assigned to them.

Personality

Spoiler:
    An aloof man, he does as he pleases due to being free… though attempts to restrain him are fruitless. He knows of the attempts and methodology ahead of time and devises methods to avoid them. However he is not completely chaotic. He simply does as he pleases but will follow reasonable rules… simply, be ready for when he disregards rules that inconvenience him. Despite this though one thing that always shines through is his appreciation for Tarot. No matter how modern the deck, he will often purchase one and sample it as though one might purchase a painting and then test if it fits their collection, simply relegating it to a more fitting gallery if it doesn’t. He owns no less than 300 different decks and continues to purchase more as they become aware of more. Further despite his vast knowledge on many events, past and future, he does not divulge much and he doesn’t act as though he immediately knows. In fact, very often he will become fascinated while talking about sciences, magecraft, and arts outside his purview. Often he and Mozart will talk for long hours about music and tarot and themes that intermix. Yet he always becomes nervous around other foreigners. It is currently unknown why, but speculation suggests that due to scans noting a lack of multiple origins existing in him that he did not actually absorb the entities that conscripted him and instead he simply stole their authorities somehow. The hypothesis, brought forth by Sherlock, is that Jean-Baptiste fears retribution from those he stole.

Tarot Readings

Spoiler:
    “Ah, hello saint of orleans… hmm? Repent…? Ah you must think me possessed. Fear not, I merely am a thief… can that be forgiven? Let me do a reading…”

“Ah! Mozart! I was hoping to speak to you… here. What music do you think is appropriate for a reading with this deck? Go ahead, I’ll listen to you play while I read your future”

“Ah! Jason of the argonaut! What brings you here? Mmmm mmmm… help with Medea? Sure! Just take a seat…”

“.... tsk. Another problem… I’ll avoid you too Van Goh… if you don’t mind”

“Ah. You’re back… sorry? Ah, I did say that… well sit. As you are based on myth only, I cannot guarantee 100% accuracy. Please, settle for 99%... oh, and don’t do what they suggested. It’s not going to work”

“Hmmmm? Inspiration…? Sadly I’m not versed well in cats… how about I do a reading and guide you to inspiration?”

“Ah, hello miss Tussaud. My mask…? I must dec-... Uhhh… yes, please, don’t try it. I promise, it will be difficult… even with Sanson hiding in the shadows”

“His noble phantasm… it’s a bit like my old one, isn’t it…? That power that defied fate… I wonder which is stronger?”

“Ah! You two!... huh? I lied? No, no. I did alter your fates… well, as discussed, you had to accept the new fate. Proof? Let’s do one more reading shall we? I’ll put my all in”

“Tsk… no pulling one over you two. I thought it strange how you simply laughed at my reading and left… still. Better to be laughed at then have you two angry at me”

Noble Phantasm

Spoiler:
    Le Voleur Qui a Volé Dieu
    The Monster, the God, and the Maze

Type: ???

Based on his act of subverting fate and subsuming the authorities of what would have been his possessors into himself. While the true name of this act is required for their true combined might, he may use their authorities separately. When invoked, the Authority of Byatis makes it so that he is invisible by warping the perceptions of others so he cannot be noticed. While those with talents that allow them to pick up on minute details may make luck checks, they will not notice him but simply notice that he is present. Another authority he can utilize is the Authority of Yin, which generates numerous vines around him that he can freely manipulate and otherwise behave like aggressive snakes. Finally the Authority of Han can be used and it turns him into a freezing mist that is just as cold as empty space itself. He cannot use all three at the same time nor even two at once. Yet these are simply facets of the true phantasm.

Once true name activated he can not only interchange and combine Authorities, he can also unlocks the true authority this trio has. The authority over Divination. He enters a new state and during it this authority is fully active. All luck checks he does pass and all negative luck checks against him fail. Further he can insert any information or imagery he wants into any Divination done against him. Often he will use this to lace future fights with feints that expose his enemies to his attacks. Even if one knows this, they cannot necessarily fght it as he can use divination against them, of which he is guaranteed to succeed. Truly, this phantasm is frightening. It’s only failing is that it cannot truly alter fate. It requires Jean-Baptiste to use his own means to do such a thing.

You again? You already exposed me... hmm? A proposal? What is it? “.... Ha… haha…. HAHAHAHA! What an interesting proposal! So be it, detective… let us see if you can divine my method”

Last edited by Baron Magnus; October 22nd, 2021 at 11:44 AM.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Blog Entries
    Love that we're seven entries in and no two sheets have been of the same medium of art. Really speaks to the breadth of the prompt.

Even my second sheet doesn't overlap with anyone else's so far!

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    We had so few entries last time that this seems incredible in comparison.

(I’m still disappointed that nobody did Confucius or vishvamitra)

Blog Entries
    I hope for many more. Still hope for some western painters and musicians (in the silent hope others take those on my to do list)

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    I hope for many more. Still hope for some western painters and musicians (in the silent hope others take those on my to do list)
    : )

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drangle View Post
    : )
    dont you smile at me. Remember we are enemies here. I wont forgive you for what you did last contest /s

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I’m waiting for more mythological and eastern artists.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    I’m waiting for more mythological and eastern artists.
    Well then wait then my first servant for the contest is more mythological in a sense and is from the mediterean area.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...