Page 125 of 367 FirstFirst ... 2575115120123124125126127130135175225 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 7322

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    [Revving engine sounds it's time bois]
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —
    —————

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    [Revving engine sounds it's time bois]
    Can't wait to see you amaze us all again, WF.

Anyway let's fucking GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If Asterism starts around the same time as last contest, I wont be around. I will look forward to all your ideas and I hope you all like the theme!

If you have questions if your Servant Idea is at odds with my definition of the prompt dont hesitate to ask me!
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not Human:
    Anything goes that is explicitly 'not human', but do not confuse it with 'not humanoid'!
    True Ancestors, Gods, Demons, Angels, Elementals of any kind, rocks in space, bears in armor, dogs at train stations, trees in the desert, sentient machines. Go Wild and make them to beam shooting waifus.
    Just try to avoid Servants that are real humans, but are 'inhumanly strong' or something to argue your way out of it.
    standard time rules blah blah blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dang, this is a challenging one. Hopefully I can come up with something interesting...

Blog Entries
    Had a weird dream about this contest (no, seriously) where people were submitting modern fiction, and I was like "they can't do that", then people started giving me examples of modern submissions, and I was like "I guess they can".
    That one was weird in how vivid it was. Can't even remember the oddly specific examples I was given in it, but I remember vaguely knowing them

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kampeki i have already some ideas !
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    ...Huh. Okay. I... might have a few possibilities in the pipeline for this. Let's see how this plays out. Regardless, good luck all!

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    KUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    perfect this is going to be fun

Blog Entries
    Well, I've already almost finished my first Servant. I was fortunate to already have thought of making this Servant literally yesterday. I love the world works sometimes.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "...Do we really have to do these introductions? I wanna' go back to sleep... *yawn* Alright, fine. Servant Berserker, the Great Beast of Earth Behemoth has answered your call Master. Now, take me to an arcade or red-light district already!"

Servant Berserker:

Appearance:

Source

True Name: Behemoth

Alignment: True Neutral

Alternate Classes: Monster, Faker

Strength- B++
    Agility- D-
    Endurance- A++
    Mana- EX
    Luck- C
    NP- A++

Personality
    Passive and apathetic. Although renowned as one of the three great beasts in the Bible Berserker's core nature is unmotivated, akin to an archetypal hikikomori. Upon summoning he wastes no time basking in all the comforts of the modern world like junk-food and videogames, abusing his Servant self's robust body to gorge himself without worry for any health-problems. Despite his lazy NEET personality because of his boyish figure and cute looks he's easily fawned over by women who see him as an innocent child, which Berserker has no shame about exploiting. One of his favorite things to do is rest his head on a beautiful woman's bust or lap while having his hair stroked.

However there is actually more to Berserker than his carefree hedonist surface would imply. He deeply enjoys the company of nature, feeling the breeze rustle his hair and taking a nap under a big tree being some of his greatest pleasures. While he appreciates all the amenities of the present age Berserker is ambivalent about the diminishment of unsullied wilderness that he cherished in his own era.

Berserker also has a strong dislike for the concept of "the strong bullying the weak". If he sees somebody exploiting their strength to pick on one weaker than them Berserker will certainly intervene to teach them a lesson (while using as little effort as possible, of course), even if he'll complain it's a "pain in the ass" the whole time. It's likely this trait stems from his annoyance in life when other monsters would try to pick fights with him mistaking his pacifistic demeanor for weakness. Needless to say, they didn't live long to regret it.

Berserker has no particular wish or desire for the Holy Grail, only accepting to be summoned out of curiosity for the world and a desire to indulge himself. He toys with various things to wish for, like permanent incarnation in the World, undoing deforestation, a harem or everlasting peace before discarding all of them as too much trouble. If he actually won the War Berserker would have no problem handing over his wish to another surviving Master (provided their goals aren't too destructive) since he doesn't see the use of it.

Relationships/Reactions:

Arturia Pendragon: "I think you're the only person I've met whose appetite can rival mine. Still, take it easy with that serious knightly attitude you know? Your kingdom can take care of itself, you should take a break and cut loose every now and then. Well, not like I really care..."

Gilgamesh: "You have all that power, but you only lord it over people weaker than you. Geez, people like that royally piss me off... at this rate I might have to get a little serious, think you can handle that 'King of Heroes'?"

Minamoto No Raikou: "O-oh man, those boobs are incredible...! U-um, lady, this innocent lost child would like to nuzzle his head in your nice warm chest. Pretty please?"

EMIYA: "You ended up that way by pushing yourself so far along the path you believed was right. Man, hardworker types sure are scary. I don't want anything to do with someone like you... Hmm, what's that delicious smell? Your cooking? Forget what I said before, one helping for me please!"

Jinako Catagiri: "This is odd, I kinda' get the feeling you're the same as me. I'm not the type to swear solidarity or anything, but whaddya' say we hang out for a bit? H-huh, whaddya' mean I'm a 'shota'? O-oi, stop pulling my cheeks you weird lady! O-on the other hand, maybe this kinda' attention really isn't so bad...?"

Hector: "Now here's someone I can relate to. I'd be welcome to take a nap with you under a nice tree, old geezer."

Tomoe Gozen: "You're into videogames too huh? Well it's not a surprise, the ingenuity of modern humanity is amazing. I'd be up for a match if you'd like. Just don't talk my ear off about that 'Yoshinaka-sama' of yours..."

Meltryllis: "I don't know why, but you have the same scent as 'her'. I think I'll be staying well away from you..."

Likes: napping, being pampered, modern conveniences, the presence of nature
    Dislikes: having to exert himself, encroachments on his "territory", deforestation, domineering older-sister types
    Talents: lazing around, terrifying brute strength
    Natural Enemy: "big sis Leviathan"

Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement- E++
    A Skill that characterizes the Berserker Class, raising parameters in return for a loss of sanity and/or hindering mental capacities. Being a relaxed herbivore despite his overwhelming power Berserker initially receives neither benefits nor demerits from this Skill. However even a docile beast can still prove dangerous when cornered, so Berserker's level of Mad Enhancement will spike once certain conditions are fulfilled. For him they are "his peaceful life is threatened" or "his territory (dwelling-place) is forcibly invaded". In these cases he will immediately activate his Monstrous Strength and lash out in a blind rage to eradicate the transgressor.

Personal Skills:

Primeval Beast (Earth)- A
    A Skill attesting Berserker's existence as one of the three "great beasts" described in the Bible. The three would do battle in the coming apocalypse, ensuring mutual demise after which their flesh would be served to the surviving humans in the Millennial kingdom. Each of the great beasts embodies a respective element, with seamonster Leviathan being the beast of oceanic depths and avian Ziz presiding over the skies.

Berserker is the great beast of Earth and as such possesses a natural advantage while on his chosen element. So long as his legs are touching the ground Berserker gains bonus modifiers to all his stats as well as a constant flow of magical energy from the World itself that he can direct to either healing or self-strengthening. This effect is immediately lost if Berserker is in midair, underwater or otherwise not directly touching the earth. A conceptual blessing akin to that a certain giant possessed in Greek Mythology, stemming from Berserker's God-given status as the "greatest beast born of earth".

As an additional effect of this Skill Berserker both gives and takes increased damage against foes affiliated with the sea or skies, reflecting his fate to kill and be killed by them in the end of days. Even though Berserker himself finds that conflict a "waste of time" and would rather avoid it.

Roar Of The Beast-King- A+
    According to the Haggadah every year on the Summer Solstice when his power was at its peak Berserker would let out a mighty roar, striking fear in all lesser beasts and dulling their ferocity for the remainder of the year. Berserker was thus highlighted as a benevolent guardian who humbled the strong animals to protect the weak, thereby safeguarding the balance of nature. Absent fear of Berserker as the apex predator, animals would grow endlessly emboldened in their savagery, going on to slaughter each other and humans.

That very roar has been sublimated into one of Berserker's Personal Skills. To deploy it, Berserker simply gathers vast amounts of Mana in his lungs before unleashing an enormous bellow that reverberates across the surroundings. All who hear his roar are stricken with a "Terror" status that momentarily reduces their stats and Skills, a result of the target's body instinctively submitting to Berserker's overwhelming might and recognizing it'd be futile to defy him. Particularly weak-filled foes may even lose the ability to breath.

Despite appearances this isn't a mental interference attack but simply an exertion of Berserker's supremacy as King of Beasts. As such the only way to shut out its effects is to be a "monster of the same standing" as Berserker himself. Legendary beasts like Fenris and Gugalanna would surely qualify for such a title, as well as heroes renowned as monster-slayers, based on the concept that "to slay a monster one has to be a monster at least as terrifying".

This Skill also affects Berserker's enemies and allies equally, making it unwise to use in group battles (not that Berserker particularly cares).

Docile Demon- B+
    Belying his unrivaled might Berserker is a naturally sedate being more interested in napping under the shade of the nearest tree than quarrelling with other beasts. That nature of his is expressed in this Personal Skill. Carries the effects of both Monstrous Strength and Vitrification at equal rank, encapsulating his duality as alike the strongest monster in God's creation and a placid, gentle beast who thrives in harmony with nature. Normally the latter half of this Skill is active, masking Berserker's presence by an utter lack of hostility or killing intent emanating from him. Indeed, those trying to sniff out his presence can easily mistake Berserker for a boulder or other facet of the natural world.

However when angered (usually when his "territory" is threatened) Berserker can seal that effect to release the other side of this Skill, drawing on the matchless savage strength extolled in his legend. Upon doing so Berserker's suppressed monstrous nature surges to the forefront, his human shell cracking apart to reveal the true appearance of a beast that reigned over the earth in ancient eons. A giant hippo-like Divine Beast with tusks, rocky skin and veins of magma cris-crossing its body. In this state his Strength stat is ranked up and he gains damage-nullification against Noble Phantasms below B-rank, illustrating the Behemoth's fabled unconquerability.

Berserker may also elect to use this aspect only partially rather than going for a total transformation. For instance hardening his skin into rock to repel attacks, or molding his arms into bulky gauntlets of earth to strike with. These applications don't boost his stats, but can still bestow advantage in combat. Incidentally, the horns sprouting from the head of Berserker's human form are a permanent vestige of his true appearance he's unable or unwilling to discard.

Noble Phantasm
    Dunaydin Behemot
    Bestial Sovereign's Desolate Sanctum

Type: Anti-Territory/Anti-Army~City

A manifestation of Berserker's primeval wandering-grounds, the invisible desert of Dunaydin located east of the Garden of Eden. As its scenery is imprinted upon his very soul, Berserker may recreate a sliver of the land he once called home in a manner akin to a Marble Phantasm. Combined with the legends where he was capable of drinking up all the water of the Jordan River, upon invoking this Noble Phantasm all the moisture in Berserker's surroundings is rapidly pulled towards him and converted into magical energy.

This effect resembles the phenomenon known to the human world as "Desertification", the ground around Berserker turning dusty and barren while all sources of water evaporate and living beings (including plantlife) are reduced to desiccated husks as their moisture is torn out before crumbling apart into sand. It can be mitigated by ranks in Mana and Magic Resistance, so Mages should be able to last at least a few minutes before succumbing while most Servants only suffer an "enervation" that weakens their stats.

As dangerous as it is this is only a prelude to the Noble Phantasm's true power. Once the desertification is complete the draining process ends and is replaced by a conceptual effect that transforms the terrain around Berserker into his former homeland. The air is filled with an immense saturation of magical energy unseen since the Age of Gods, choking normal humans who try to breath it. Combining with the arid desert heat and the territory claimed by this Noble Phantasm becomes a place utterly inhospitable to humankind, where only one worthy of the title "King of Beasts" can flourish. Furthermore Berserker can freely exert authority over his surroundings to make them answer his will. "Diving" through dunes to travel at incredible speeds and whipping up sandstorms to scourge his foes or obscure visibility are just some of the feats he can pull off.

This Noble Phantasm also holds a final last-resort trump card. By spreading his hands out wide and bringing them together Berserker can will all sand in the region to swirl around himself, condensing into a giant monstrous figure resembling his true body except even larger and with dinosauric features. In this form the sandsquall constantly lashing around Berserker serves as armor and offense that shreds apart anything trying to get close to him. Berserker's true self is suspended afloat in the eye of the storm, able to command it from within as an extension of his body. Everything around Berserker is rapidly decomposed into sand and absorbed to expand and strengthen his giant shell, now even inorganic materials like buildings.

This technique sacrifices Berserker's territory by converging it around his own body, rendering him a "
    Kaiju
    walking natural disaster
    " that can easily destroy entire cities. He truly lives up to his legend, becoming a monster that could even endanger the World itself if he cut loose. However all of Berserker's Personal Skills are inactive while within the sand-armor, making him vulnerable in the unlikely event a foe manages to break through and reach him.

Once initiated this Noble Phantasm is self-sustaining as Berserker gains Mana from everything he converts to sand, letting him keep it going indefinitely without burdening his Master, which is good since the magical energy expenditure to maintain a monster of that caliber would otherwise surely drain even the most prodigious Mages dry in a matter of moments. He can also disengage it at will, dissolving all the sand and floating back down to the ground. Though he'll be left greatly exhausted and probably sleep for a week afterwards.

Berserker himself is rather reluctant to call on this Noble Phantasm's true name release at all, as he dislikes the collateral damage it entails and how it draws needless attention to him. Berserker will only invoke it when faced by a threat too overwhelming to be dealt with by his usual halfhearted means, requiring him to temporarily abandon his easygoing lazy self to protect the peaceful life he holds dear. Those who corner the slumbering beast, will quickly find a monster beyond imagination.

Even without revealing aloud its true name Berserker may employ a partial aspect of this Noble Phantasm, siphoning moisture from a single target as long as he's directly touching them. Much like the full release this can be resisted by a Mana check or Magic Resistance. He can also perform a "reverse Dragon's Breath", sucking in all moisture in a conical radius from his mouth so it looks like he's spewing a "stream" of desiccation.

Looks like I got in the first sheet of the contest. I've had this guy in mind for a while now (before Ziz even) but never had the inspiration to write him up until now. The NEET-like personality I gave him is based on both Behemoth's status as the more docile one compared to its "sibling" Leviathan as well as the term "Herbivore Male". He qualifies for the Faker Class because of how no one's really sure what kind of beast he is from the Bible's description so he's identified with many different ones. In that Class he'd a chimera of different magical beasts who can take on their traits, including famous ones like Fenris and Gugalanna.

I would've made him a Monster except both his Class Skills would be overwritten by Personal ones (Monstrous Strength > Docile Demon, Dread Visage > Roar Of The Beast-King). Instead he's a normally chill Berserker who gets pissy when you mess with his stuff. I guess with him and Ziz I'm most of the way to doing a complete set for the Biblical great beast Servants. Probably won't make one for Leviathan though, since her abilities are mostly already accounted for in Meltryllis. As usual comments and critiques would be welcome. Thanks for reading y'all!
    Last edited by RoydGolden; April 24th, 2023 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Corrected typo referring to him as Monster

Blog Entries
    And here I was, about to begin. So close.
    Behemoth: An interesting start with a classic monster. Going for land-to-mana conversion is an interesting power to give him alongside suitably appropriate Skills. Gotta say, though, that all I can think when I read desertification is Radiant Historia, and that just makes me nostalgic.

Blog Entries
    Alice watched as different Servants passed by, her gaze lingering on the different pairings and groups wandering the halls.

“Alice?”

Ritsuka walked up to the girl, giving her a questioning look.

“Is something wrong? I heard you’ve been standing here for over an hour.”

“Master, you have a sister, don’t you?”

Ritsuka froze, flashes of Gudako racing through his mind.

“I do…” he said finally, unsure where this was going.

“I have found myself wondering what it would be like to have someone like yourself,” she said, once more turning her attention the passing Servants now glancing at their master. “Even among Servants, I am rather unique.”

Ritsuka couldn’t dispute that. Very few were born from such a concept as hers, and even less from the strange circumstances as hers. But…

“Alice, are you feeling lonely?”

Alice watched for several moments before replying.

“Alice was always alone. It was not until my creation that she finally had someone who could understand her. I think… she would have liked to have a sibling.”

How much money had she used on her gacha addiction? It was one of the reasons he’d been so happy with the pay of this job.

“It can be… difficult, but it can also be very comforting to have someone like that.”

Alice nodded at his words, looking down at the book in her hands.

“Do you think it would be possible,” she asked, looking up at him with a slight gleam in her eye. “That we could make me one?”

Info
    Class: Caster
    Alternate Classes:
    True Name: You'll see.
    Alignment: Variable (usually has Chaotic)
    Attribute: Heroic Spirit
    Place of Origin: England
    Height: 194
    Weight: 72
    Dislikes: "Realistic" endings.
    Natural Enemy: Nursery Rhyme

“I actually think it would be fascinating,” Da Vinci said, settling down in her chair. “We know that it’s possible by Alice’s existence, but to be able to replicate her in some form would be quite the achievement.”

“So, you believe it’s possible?” Alice asked, pulling her book close to her chest.

“I’m not sure,” Da Vinci replied, a wide smile on her face. “But it certainly won’t stop me from trying.”

“But what would even be the basis?” Ritsuka asked, feeling he shouldn’t be surprised by Da Vinci's immediate acceptance of the idea. “Alice was born from her master’s own personal desires and love of Alice in Wonderland. We don’t even have the systems she did in her world.”

“No, we don’t,” Da Vinci said, rotating in her chair to face her desk. “However, that just means we’ll have to be creative, something I am an expert at.”

She glanced back at Alice.

“However, I assume you have a base you might want to use?”

Alice seemed to think about this before shaking her head.

“It doesn’t matter,” Da Vince replied, turning back to her desk. “I have a few ideas.”

Parameters
    Parameters
    Str: D
    End: D
    Agi: D
    M: A
    L: B

“So, can you explain this to me again?”

“It’s simple,” Da Vinci said from an unseen speaker. “Using that novel in your hands…”

Ritsuka looked down at the small book in his hand, the cover worn out beyond recognition.

“…and Alice alongside it as catalyst…”

Alice tucked her book under one arm.

“…alongside the modifications I’ve made to the system and the summoning circle, we can create a reasonable facsimile of a Heroic Spirit using Alice to provide the blueprints and the novel to provide the substance. Frankly, I surprise myself sometimes.”

“And… you’re sure this will work?”

“I am completely certain that, whatever happens, it is survivable.”

That didn’t exactly fill him with confidence.

“Are you sure about this, Alice?”

Alice looked at him.

“Alice told me not to accept an unhappy ending. I’m going to do everything she couldn’t for her.”

Ritsuka thought about that a second before nodding.

“Alright, Da Vinci. Start the summoning!”

“Commencing summoning!”

The lights of the room dimmed as magical energy filled the summoning circle, setting it alight. Ritsuka and Alice gripped their respective books as the watched the light rise up.

“We have a connection!”

The light flared, the energy beginning to coalesce together. Blue particles of mana formed, hovering above the circle until it finally stopped, the light fading as a small brown paperback floated in the air.

The lights of the room returned, and Ritsuka and Alice watched the book with interest.

“I would call this a success,” Da Vinci spoke through the speaker, pride evident in her voice.

“I guess so,” Ritsuka said, looking down at the similar book in his hand. “So, Da Vinci, what kind of book did we use anyway?”

The man held the small book in his hand, closing it and placing it in a jacket pocket. He looked down at himself and his clothes before adjusting his jacket.

“Hello, Master,” he spoke, directing a nod towards Ritsuka before facing Alice. “And hello, Alice.”

Ritsuka was taken back by the chain of events that had just occurred, but Alice stepped forward, seemingly unbothered. She looked up at the man, and he in turn looked down at her. After a moment, a smile crossed his face. One that almost looked malicious were it not for the odd warmth in his eyes.

“Please, call me Penn.”

Skills and Noble Phantasm
    Class Skills:
    Territory Creation (A):
    A street that stretches beyond your sight,
    How ever can you determine what’s wrong and what’s right?
    Though it shines in the day, always beautiful and so bright,
    Inviting you to London night,
    You may find yourself lost where darkness is might.

Personal Skills:
    Rip-off (EX):

Born of the reputation that many penny dreadfuls were simply reprints or rewrites of previous novels and stories. This allows him take on the Skills of almost any Servant so long as he can adapt it to a name meaning equivocally the same thing. However, he is barred from one’s related to outside forces such as deities and blessings, as those require specific names.

Shapechange (A+):
    A shapeless form that slips throughout day,
    A shadowy body in the fray
    While I may appear to be one thing in the light of today,
    I will show you that it will not always be this way.

Self-Alteration (A):
    I change, I flip, I morph from one to the next,
    From how I may appear, one may believe themselves hexed!

Elsewhere… (A):
    Traveling together through an endless forest on a troubling road,
    Ahead are only the seeds we have sowed.
    It often makes one wonder what lies beyond.
    The Reverse, or the inverse, of the world that call us to strengthen our bond.

Noble Phantasm:
    Penny Dreadful: Horrible, Awful, Bloody Tales (B)

Anti-Unit

A Reality Marble that embodies Caster’s nature as the concept of penny dreadfuls becoming a Servant. Similar to how Nursery Rhyme represents the wonder and innocence of nursery rhymes, Caster represents the harshness, sensationalism, plagarism, and corruption that was a staple of most penny dreadfuls. However, because of Nursery Rhyme’s influence in his summoning similar to Alice’s influence on her, he manifests as a somewhat cynical, refined, and protective older brother.

He is capable of summoning characters and settings from any penny dreadful, even able to summon beings from them that could qualify as Heroic Spirits in their own right such as Dick Turpin, though only with the appropriate mana cost.

Like his sister’s, it too can reach EX, embodying the same escapism nursery rhymes represent, but displaying a typically darker and more extravagant tone than the carefree and innocent one of nursery rhymes.

Ritsuka watched them leave, Alice bearing a small smile on her face as she went.

"How did you know penny dreadfuls were the way to go?"

"I didn't," came the reply from the speaker. "It's just what I had lying around. Roman apparently enjoyed The String of Pearls enough to have one of the original copies."

"Wait," Ritsuka looked at the camera. "You're telling me it was just by chance it turned out this well?"

"You should just be happy we didn't summon Sweeney Todd."

The speaker crackled as it shut off, leaving Ritsuka to ponder their fortune for a moment. Penn had turned out to be a decent man, despite his origins, and he and Alice seemed to make a connection almost immediately. Perhaps because he was somewhat made by her?

He thought on that for a few minutes as he walked out of the room, eventually pulling out a phone from his pocket and selecting one of his contacts. The phone rang two times before being picked up.

"Hey, Guda. ...Yeah, it's me."

Personality
    One major rule of talking to Caster: don't bring up the fact that 'Penny' is a girl's name.

Penn keeps to himself most of the time. This isn't because he dislikes conversation, but that he inherently gives off the sense that he doesn't want to talk to others. This mostly stems from his contradictory summons. The graphic and dour nature of his books typically lends themselves to a darker, more exuberant personality, which can still be seen in many situations. However, like Nursery Rhyme, he is subject to his master's thoughts, if a little more inflexible on options than his sister, and his current incarnation is one built towards the more escapist and entertainment side of penny dreadfuls than the nihilistic and grotesque side.

This leads him to talk somewhat mysteriously and with a tone bordering on sadistic no matter the subject as though to lead someone in for an answer or twist that may or may not be coming. He also tends to bring up disturbing or uncomfortable subjects as though he's talking about the weather, seemingly unbothered by anything no matter how taboo the subject. He also has a cynical streak, seeming to have a bleak and upsetting view of the world that's at odds with his strange want for less "realistic" endings. I.E., something that doesn't end in tragedy. Maybe because many of his stories end in often ridiculous and over-the-top ways? Maybe because there's always something off about the endings, even when they're good? You could ask him, but you might not like the answer you're given.

Unlike his personality, his human form is consistent no matter who summons him. Unlike Nursery Rhyme, whose stories and imagery tend to vary while retaining the same sense of whimsey, Penn's story almost all exclusively centered on a specific period of time and style. His normal form reflects that, taking on a noble, gothic attire that only experiences small changes depending on the master.

He's not much of a fighter, but he's actually fairly good at it after he's ripped-off some Skills or summoned some aid from his stories. Still, he's more than likely to avoid conflict and spend his time with Nursery Rhyme. Whether or not he would act in a similar fashion if somehow, miraculously, summoned in a true Holy Grail War is unknown.

Creator Notes
    I did not expect this one. Like I said, I literally thought up this Servant as a possibility yesterday, and it coencided with the contest as though God was saying go for it.
    For anyone who's wondering or confused by the rhyming, it's my attempt at Doggerel, so if there are any Doggerel experts out there who know I'm doing it wrong, I'm sorry.

He was originally just gonna have Nursery Rhyme in the Relationship section, but, since the Lore wouldn't really be anything interesting for this character, this seemed like the more interesting and fun option, and I like how it turned out, especially the minor references to Gudako as being a separate entity in this world. Definitely the furthest thing from my mind when I first thought it up.

Let's end this with a bonus picture I would have liked to use in the faceclaim, but decided was a bit much.
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; June 2nd, 2022 at 10:47 PM.

I'll have your heart! Hound of Ulster's Avatar
    So for non-humans, does this mean they can't have any fragment of humanity at all? Or do mixed breeds that are overwhelmingly more monster than man count?

Blog Entries
    I think that's whet they were trying to emphasize with this line.

"Just try to avoid Servants that are real humans, but are 'inhumanly strong' or something to argue your way out of it."

The way I reason it: if the "human" attribute can be applied to it, it doesn't qualify. Like how Heracles wouldn't.

But in Nasuverse logic, there is a very clearly defined difference between someone who is just inhumanly strong vs. a mixed breed who is just completely alien to human understanding.

Blog Entries
    Merlin's still attributed as human, so I don't think mixed-breeds work

Species:
    Human, Mixed-Blood, Incubus, Magus

Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Merlin's still attributed as human, so I don't think mixed-breeds work

Species:
    Human, Mixed-Blood, Incubus, Magus
    I don't think "Magus" is a species.

Are those classifications from the TM Wiki? Because that source is notoriously bad. They still think counter magic is an actual form of magecraft. Only thing the wiki is good for is to look up references for the actual material.

Or if you speak French. French TM Wiki is actual quality.

Blog Entries
    When was the last time you were actually and looking through the wiki? I've literally made a friend with the same stigma you just said change his mind about it. In his words "Well, it used to be worse."

If we keep doing this, it should probably be PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would advise against it. It kinda feels against the spirit of the prompt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.