Page 148 of 367 FirstFirst ... 4898138143146147148149150153158198248 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 7337

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Blog Entries
    Ah, fuckdammit, Temujin is already here. Now I feel rude for WIPing another Khan.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTruthWhale View Post
    Hot damn. Love me some Velber stuff. I'm kinda surprised my best girl Hati didn't get a mention, since she's so closely tied with Velbers.
    That would be because I forgot and didn't add one in. I will rectify posthaste.

Shameless self-indulgence aside, a good sheet. I'm a bit confused on why he's a Servant at all / why Chaldea can classify him, but I can appreciate the idea behind it all. The thing that I really don't understand is why he has a class container or a normal division of skills at all. From what you've written, he's a true Velber, not a psuedo-servant like Hati or an Anti-Cell like Altera, so he should have some completely upscaled/wacky stuff to go along with his mondo parameters.
    Well, he's MEANT to be the same thing as Altera. I... don't really understand the difference between a Void Cell and an Anti-Cell and a Whatever Else Cell. He's a very different KIND of Velber to her, too. He's MEANT to be human-like, it's his ability to replicate Agent Smith style that makes him dangerous. I figured Chingisid is pretty wackadoo broken since it's an NP that's essentially a press-for-zombie-apocalypse button. Again, I have not played an /EX game, this is purely off half-baked wiki understanding and pure ignorance in favour of creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Ah, fuckdammit, Temujin is already here. Now I feel rude for WIPing another Khan.
    Who Cares Do It Anyway

Presuming you mean Genghis and not one of the others, Still Do It Anyway. Not like mine isn't so Deep In The Lore that literally any other take on him will still be just as original.

Maker of Poor Decisions and Massive Sheets TheTruthWhale's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So he would be an Anti-Cell. The Anti-Cells are the agents of Verber units. Think of it like Servant and Master. They're the vanguards that are sent out to destroy/consume/corrupt life before the arrival of Verber proper. That said, he's still a really neat take on their power, and totally different from what I've done with my takes on them. Corruption as consumption is interesting both thematically and mechanically. I still like him.
    This Link Is Easier Than Forum Surfing
    The (Legally Required) Compedium

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So he would be an Anti-Cell. The Anti-Cells are the agents of Verber units. Think of it like Servant and Master. They're the vanguards that are sent out to destroy/consume/corrupt life before the arrival of Verber proper. That said, he's still a really neat take on their power, and totally different from what I've done with my takes on them. Corruption as consumption is interesting both thematically and mechanically. I still like him.
    Thanks for the clarification, I'll touch that up real quick and add a Hati reference. And I'm glad you like him! I think the highest form of praise is me writing this not knowing what I'm talking about and you, who does, enjoying it.

EDIT: There we go, correct terminology hopefully used and relationship I can't believe I missed added. Hope you like it

(also please, someone, click the music link. it's my best joke yet)
    Last edited by realcasually; June 16th, 2021 at 03:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    Wow, with the final week, things are getting dangerous. Cant wait to see the remaining entries.

Maker of Poor Decisions and Massive Sheets TheTruthWhale's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yup! Looks good.

I'll post my second entry either tonight or tomorrow.
    This Link Is Easier Than Forum Surfing
    The (Legally Required) Compedium

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I honestly rolled the eyes when I saw Genghis Khan is Velber01. (nail in the coffin was that my Timur wasnt in the quotes Kappa). I personally do not like this on the nose Attila is like Temujin, so they are Velber and I dont think MoonCancer is the right class because he has nothing to do with the moon, right? My background aside I think Foreigner would fit better here, just like the alternative class of Altera can be Foreigner.
    Despite that and that the therefore predictable, but still cool DNA NP, the execution is great. You always make the extra effort of actually creating playable units, which barely anyone bothers with and is actually decently hard. The quotes are on point and damn chilling, really really great job.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Master_Therion View Post
    Wow, with the final week, things are getting dangerous. Cant wait to see the remaining entries.
    What is actually with your second servant actually ? and i am still curious About your Statement of my Augustus ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    I honestly rolled the eyes when I saw Genghis Khan is Velber01. (nail in the coffin was that my Timur wasnt in the quotes Kappa). I personally do not like this on the nose Attila is like Temujin, so they are Velber and I dont think MoonCancer is the right class because he has nothing to do with the moon, right? My background aside I think Foreigner would fit better here, just like the alternative class of Altera can be Foreigner.
    Despite that and that the therefore predictable, but still cool DNA NP, the execution is great. You always make the extra effort of actually creating playable units, which barely anyone bothers with and is actually decently hard. The quotes are on point and damn chilling, really really great job.
    I am honestly not fond of theses Velber ans space Thing as the whole Mecha thingg of Grand order and Velber Sound to me somehow not creative as therer is enough material to make a interetsing Attila or Temujin profile without Space Elements but okay everyone has different oppinions , besides aside that my profile is a blockbuuster how is your oppinion abouut my Augustus Delrey ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I honestly rolled the eyes when I saw Genghis Khan is Velber01.
    o o f

(nail in the coffin was that my Timur wasnt in the quotes Kappa).
    I DON'T REMEMBER EVERYONE'S SERVANTS I'M SORRY I'LL FIX IT I PROMISE

I personally do not like this on the nose Attila is like Temujin, so they are Velber and I dont think MoonCancer is the right class because he has nothing to do with the moon, right? My background aside I think Foreigner would fit better here, just like the alternative class of Altera can be Foreigner.
    Their similarity IS why I was inspired to do the idea, I can't lie. It's not the most inspired thing in the world. Like I said, it's only when the idea for the second Noble Phantasm came to me that I realised I could give this an actual niche that WASN'T horrifically cliche.

I thought about Foreigner for a while, but I decided on Moon Cancer since it's such a dicey class. I mean, Jinako/Ganesha is one. Summer Kiara is one when regular Kiara isn't. The qualifiers seem to be pretty dicey. I decided with it because the Velber are tied to the Moon Cell pretty implicitly-- I recall reading they were actually built by the same race. So there IS a relation, thankyouverymuch. Also, I just wanted to make a MoonCancer, man. They're a very hard class to do, since it's not just "people related to the moon", they have to somehow be tied to the Moon Cell specifically, so a Velber-related character seemed to fit the bill pretty well. Foreigners are for Lovecraftian gods outside our universe, at least the way I'd feel comfortable making them. Foreigner can stay as an alternate class for him for now. I know Voyager is a thing, ssh. He's only a Foreigner because his Voyager class ain't in the game.

Thank you! Yeah, I know the idea isn't all that original. I figured I'd have my detractors-- and your points are pretty fair. But I like to think I put a spin on it of my own, and I'm glad you like what I did in that regard. The fact you don't like the base of it but still enjoy the extras, as well as being refreshingly honest, makes me happy to know I can still make something workable out of a concept that's not the most popular. And yeah, I had a lot of fun with the quotes. He's a real Final Boss Type, is what I was going for. Again, literal potential human extinction event NP, I'm damn proud of that.
    Last edited by realcasually; June 16th, 2021 at 04:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    What is actually with your second servant actually ? and i am still curious About your Statement of my Augustus ?
    Sorry, I have been busy with my second servant so I havent got the oppurtunity to see yours in depht. Unfortunately, i agree with Whale regarding having 5 NPs rank A above being too unbalanced. I might submit my second sheet tomorrow. I initially meant to make about the oldest monarch of Iberian Peninsula, but it doesnt fit the Theme of this contest. I decided to bring yet another Portuguese servant.

Blog Entries
    Reviews are forthcoming. But first, some responses.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Morgan Pendragon: Whenever I'm about to read a sheet of yours I always go like, "oh dear god" as in a prayer because I just KNOW I'm about to embark in a wild ride. It's really a matter of just how wild it'll be. And in this case? OH BOY, IT WAS WILD ALRIGHT. By now the entire comunity knows that you're a master of your craft - especially when it comes to Arthurian mythos - so was even a doubt that this would be a banger sheet? Not at all. Not for me, at least.
    But oh wow, was I expecting the flood of emotions that assaulted me while I was reading? Not quite. I cheered with her, I felt pain with her, I was sympathizing with her and I was imploring for someone to stop her. It's a testament to your writing and your capacity of creating such realized characters that I felt all of that in the span of minutes. What can I say, man... I LOVE HER? All in caps. Just like this. Yeah.
    Master of my craft? I just word good and am enough to have idea sense make. I'm a long ways off before being able to accept that title. Still I'm glad I was able to convey her character and struggles enough to get the feels, even if I used Garden of Avalon music to help. Replica Blue from the Craft Essence is actually closer to being her theme, and you can even scroll up on the playlist to find the song that has become Dagonet's theme in both my heart and the sheet proper, Fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    As for Zumbi:

He is one of the figures I was avoiding for a while. I've written some sheets for his uncle and his grandma, but I avoided writing him so far because I thought I needed a specially good theme or inspiration for them. Like I did with Aqualtune and Gangazumba. It's actually interesting that your version of Zumbi is a Lancer, because its the same class I used for his uncle. There was also a whole deal with his spear being made from the bones of a dinosaur. But that was just me pulling from Quetz and wanting to involve some interesting curiosities.

I like that you included mention of Pedro II and Frenzy's Isabel. It really feels like the sheets are interacting and that he dislikes both in his own way.

He has interesting skills and his lore is pretty accurate. It's a very orthodox take on the figure. I'd say its okay to take some measure of creative liberty with the concept idea for a servant, because they aren't the actual person but the crystalized idea people have of them. It's still a very detailed and direct translation of the man's legend to an easy to understand format. I'm always glad to see more Brazilian Servants from other writers and I look forward to comparing notes with you in the future.
    I totally forgot you made Aqualtune and never even realized you did Ganga. Link me them, and I can think up some dialogue to add. That right there's an oversight.

I knew he would likely dislike them both, her especially, but I knew it would be for different reasons. Unlike her, he actually does respect Pedro even if he'll never be able to agree with him.

It's as you said. This Zumbi is my creative liberty. Heroic Spirits are the crystallization of the people's perceptions of a figure combined with their true self. Zumbi was probably something similar to this Servant, but likely just as different in turn. The emphasis and compounding of the importance of freedom and how it weaves into his sheet is something that comes from his status and legacy as a heroic symbol of freedom and rebellion against slavery. I've done plenty of crazy things, but giving him dinosaur bones and the like didn't feel needed. Zumbi himself was already enough.
    Plus, that's sort of also what the Òrìṣà stuff is there for, even if it barely plays any role in affecting who he was or is as a Servant. However, it did serve to get me looking into and becoming very interested in the Yoruba religion. I'm definitely making a Servant based more in that later. Anyway, yeah, just PM me if you ever want to do stuff. I'm open to anyone who wants to add a little strangeness to a Servant or just opinions. Got plenty of those.

Morgan Pendragon: "What if Nasu knew how to write compelling alt-history with his setting?" the sheet. Giving her the lance is a great idea, and I like the inclusion of Erosion. The parsing out of history into "chapters" is neat, I may steal it for my longer sheets. Like most of these, I don't really have any negative comments or constructive criticism. It's just plain good. Also, knowing you, I'm missing some subtle subtext that hints at something else. Yay for autism!

Zumbi dos Palmares: I don't really see a reason to be nervous. I think it's an excellent representation of a little-known historical figure. His story is tragic, and everything that he was and represented to his people is reflected in this sheet. Seriously, good job, man.
    As an Anchor of the World, it just seemed logical she would use it in her plans to merge Britain to Avalon. If I actual did write a full lostbelt around her, she actually was able to use it to link the worlds, but unintentionally merged them together. Up till present day, humanity has been disappearing simply because they've been evolving over the millennia-and-a-half into beings closer to faeries and other Phantasmal Species, somewhat similar to what I've read the Russian Lostbelt is about except on a global scale. Probably have a low rank comparable to it considering humanity is extinct but technically alive.
    I've done chapters for a few Servants like Shinji, Glatisant, and Tor whenever I feel they go on for longer than normal. Something to break them up and give readers a little breathing room and checkpoints.
    Don't blame Autism. By this point, most people have probably realized I have a habit of hiding things in most of my sheets. I've often full-on spoiled future things with hidden text, but no one ever seems to notice.

Mostly just nervous on not going overboard on things. I tend to go crazy when it comes to characters, so I always have that slight questioning of whether or not something will work out.
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; June 26th, 2021 at 01:29 AM.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That Temujin's second NP reminds me of the Noah family from D.Gray-Man where they could reincarnate through anyone who bears the bloodline of the original Noah (in other words, everyone). Pretty scary stuff.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    That Temujin's second NP reminds me of the Noah family from D.Gray-Man where they could reincarnate through anyone who bears the bloodline of the original Noah (in other words, everyone). Pretty scary stuff.
    I've been retroactively ripped off!

In all seriousness though, glad you like it(?) Or at least that it has the intended effect.

Blog Entries
    @realcas : I kindly refer to my latest Extra Class Compendium, in which i suggest some categories for various Extra Classes. For MoonCancer I think the phrase in the wiki of 'scarring the moon' can be generalized. So either threats to the moon cell or our moon. Like the latest Hati, because well she is a direct threat or my Yuki Onna, because she could have secrets of the moon.
    And afaik only 02 has the direct connection to the moon cell due to being bound there.
    Regarding Foreigner Class there are three possible types as well according to what i could see in this forum, again just look at the top of my blog.

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    I totally forgot you made Aqualtune and never even realized you did Ganga. Link me them, and I can think up some dialogue to add. That right there's an oversight.

I knew he would likely dislike them both, her especially, but I knew it would be for different reasons. Unlike her, he actually does respect Pedro even if he'll never be able to agree with him.

It's as you said. This Zumbi is my creative liberty. Heroic Spirits are the crystallization of the people's perceptions of a figure combined with their true self. Zumbi was probably something similar to this Servant, but likely just as different in turn. The emphasis and compounding of the importance of freedom and how it weaves into his sheet is something that comes from his status and legacy as a heroic symbol of freedom and rebellion against slavery. I've done plenty of crazy things, but giving him dinosaur bones and the like didn't feel needed. Zumbi himself was already enough.

Plus, that's sort of also what the Òrìṣà stuff is there for, even if it barely plays any role in affecting who he was or is as a Servant. However, it did serve to get me looking into and becoming very interested in the Yoruba religion. I'm definitely making a Servant based more in that later. Anyway, yeah, just PM me if you ever want to do stuff. I'm open to anyone who wants to add a little strangeness to a Servant or just opinions. Got plenty of those.
    You definetely have some interesting ideas, that's for sure. I'll probably borrow some of that hard earned research for myself... just saying~

But I do offer something in exchange! My own hard work:

Ganga: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post3018661

Aqualtune: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post3120548

I pray you will find them interesting. Though one of them is quite old by my standards, so the quality is inferior to what I might be able to do now if I remade Ganga's sheet.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You guys CAN'T keep doing this. When I think, A'ight I guess I have my votes pretty much set you come barging in with these behemots and it scrambles my whole schedule. Our latest entries are just out of this world, they're too good. I will talk about them as soon as possible, I promise (because frankly, they need a big ass comment, they deserve that much). But I stand by what I said: YOU PEOPLE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    A R C H E R
    "Destiny is for cowards.I beg you to forgive my cowardice."

Alias: The White Emperor
    True Name: ██████████████忽必烈 | Kublai Khan
    Source: Historical fact
    Region: Mongolia, China
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Armament: Various firearms

Parameters
    Strength
    B

Endurance
    B

Agility
    B+

Mana
    C++

Luck
    EX

N.Phantasm
    A+

Skills
    Class Skills:
    Independent Action C

Capacity to operate without support. Archer is able to perform reasonably well while totally isolated from a Master's magical energy supply, and can even persist without a Master for up to 24 hours in the best-case scenario. For her class, her Rank in this skill is reasonably low. Her personality seems to be a contributing factor to an extent, but from the perspective of her foundation as a Heroic Spirit, it is also significant that the crux of her status as a hero is predicated on the proper employment of others' skills. Her compatibility with this skill is therefore subpar, but because she ultimately acted according to her own ideals rather than the ideals of those around her, it is hard to go as far as to call it truly bad.

Magic Resistance B

Ability to nullify Magecraft and adjacent effects. Specifically, spells with an aria below three verses can be nullified entirely, and the potency of magical effects in general against Archer are reduced. Since Archer has manifested as a warlike facet in this class, the level of Magic Resistance is slightly higher than in the Rider or Ruler classes. As one who readily faces enemies as a conqueror, her normal weaknesses of either overwhelming acceptance or uncertainty in her convictions are both tempered somewhat, and "rejecting the will of others" is easier than usual, so her Magic Resistance is highest as an Archer.

Personal Skills:
    Imperial Privilege EX

A special prerogative that allows the holder to gain skills by way of their own insistence as the emperor. Archer naturally possesses the absolute highest level as a lynchpin who conjoined the thrones of two empires simultaneously. Bringing the majority of Asia under her control, her influence loomed over the Islamic world and even western Europe. A truly incredible array of skills can be brought to bear, including those innate to the body.

Pioneer of the Stars EX

A unique skill granted to those who shaped history, usually reserved for great scientists and innovators. Earned by way of achieving "the impossible" with only the tools available to the era, it transforms impossibilities into possibilities. It is unusual to find an emperor in possession of such a skill, but for Archer, she is responsible for an age of enormous cultural, technological, and intellectual revolution across her newly-unified China by incorporating the skills and ideals of cultures that she admired. The calendar was corrected, institutes of Islamic medicine were founded in Beijing, mathematics and geometry were revolutionised, currency was unified. In just a quarter of a century, the face of a continent was completely transformed. Because of this, she was revered and praised by the people she conquered, despite not even being born Chinese. To say that human history as a whole would be the same without them would be madness, and her effect was so great that to say that it would be the same without her would also be madness. It would not be an exaggeration to call her a living turning point in that regard.

Wisdom of the Answer C+

A unique skill denoting the enlightenment possessed by the so-called White Emperor from birth. For those versed in such things, they might say she has an abnormally high aptitude for becoming a bodhisattva, ultimately stemming from a connection to "that place"... But of course, she never pursued that path. In terms of her manifestation as Archer, the Rank is lowest in comparison to all her other possible classes, as this can be called her most worldly and secular face. Regardless, the effects are still present: she gains an advantage on all parameter checks, and all attacks on her below Rank C are reduced to one third of their normal potency (with the exception of attacks from Divinity).

Noble Phantasm
    Supreme Ruler's Mantle
    Qagan Yasa

Anti-Unit Class
    Rank B- (A+)
    █████████████"...I'm sorry, old man."
    Range: --
    Max Targets: 1 person

The fur cloak possessed by Kublai as a marker of her status as the Fifth Great Khan. It is a Noble Phantasm possessed by all Khans when summoned as a Servant, an extremely unusual scenario where the Noble Phantasm is inherited based on the title of the Heroic Spirit. It can be said to be the physical manifestation of Yasa, the law of the Mongols. The law itself was never made fully public, only enforced by those in power. In truth, it was not made for the purposes of formally codifying acceptable behaviour of men and women of Mongolia, but rather as a proof of the authority and the honour of the Great Khan. Because those under the rule of the Empire could not predict that which was illegal for certain, they had to instead act as good people rather than merely lawful subjects.

The mantle as a Noble Phantasm possesses the property of affirming the status of the Khan, rendering them impervious to attacks of a lower Rank, with the exceptions of attacks from “invaders”, such as Divinity of an equal or higher Rank than the cloak itself, or from fellow Kings.

Its proper Rank is A+, but in Kublai’s case, because she parted from the path laid out by Genghis Khan, it is decreased somewhat for her. In addition, it is further decreased to Rank C for other Khans of the Yuan dynasty. She has taken to restyling it somewhat in the Archer class, turning it white - the official colour of her dynasty - using her Imperial Privilege. What mundane utility.In all honesty, she can barely stand to wear it. Just having it on her body is enough to make her sick to her stomach. She has remodelled it to her own design, because if she saw herself wearing the heritage of her ancestors that she has so thoroughly despoiled and dragged through the mud, she doesn't think she'd be able to take it. Despite everything, she still cannot bring herself to be rid of it, and that makes it all the worse.

A Mirage Longed For
    Kaiping Xanadu

FortressAnti-City Class
    Rank EX

Range: 10~99
    Max Targets: 1000 people

Kublai Khan's greatest Noble Phantasm, the capital of her empire spoken of at great length by numerous writers. It is a landscape evoking a great paradise, a wondrous transient miracle in the form of a city. A shining star that has been lost as easily as ash on the wind, it is to the future city of Shambhala as the Sword of Selection is to the Holy Sword of the King of Knights. Although one may try as they might to recreate the city, it will always be lost, never returning to the pinnacle it once was. It is a utopia that cannot and will not ever exist again. And yet, if one were to ask Kublai herself…

"It wasn’t anything special," is what she says, trying to hide her proud smile.

An impossible divine palace that she casually created because it was too hot, but it accidentally ended up being her greatest work. As a Noble Phantasm, it is something like an enormous Bounded Field that rejects all kinds of damage from the outside no matter how high the values are, forcing anyone who wishes to attack it to venture inside to face Kublai Khan at her strongest -- because it is "my own land", her fame is automatically raised to the maximum. Furthermore, the land itself is sanctified, defying anything unholy, placing the entirety of the territory under the protection of the Buddha. The city itself possesses the equivalent of Rank EX Magic Resistance, applying that to not only Kublai, but the creatures within its bounds, everyone that she specifically invited inside, and even the very bricks that form the buildings. In the Caster class, she is able to issue binding edicts, transforming the city into a Buddhist temple complex. In the Rider class, it is a bountiful garden containing thousands of flora and fauna of all kinds, allowing her access to any mount she so desires - including her pride and joy, a certain nine-headed phoenix that qualifies for the Avenger class in its own right.

That is how it should be.
    As an Archer, Kublai Khan takes on the aspect of a conqueror, and the face of her city warps accordingly. Its anecdotes as a paradise are irrelevant here - its form is that of the imperial capital, the heart of the war machine that she created in the depths of her self-doubt. It is a site upon which her regrets have accumulated, her desperation to grasp at the heritage that she had long discarded in her folly.

Perhaps the greater folly is trying to grasp at what she has lost to begin with.

It is a factory mass-producing weapons and iron-bodied soldiers, a labyrinth of gunmetal that expands indefinitely so long as she provides it with magical energy. Naturally, the cost increases as the size does, and so the rate of growth decreases exponentially as the size increases. However, should she somehow gain access to an unlimited source of magical energy, there is no limit to the territory that it will cover. Kublai herself refers to it as "Youdu", insisting that this form of her city embodies the karma of
    Naraka
    Diyu
    . However, if a hell is something that exists to torment souls who are trapped within the cycles of reincarnation, then this cannot be truly called one - it is impartial in its own way, as it does not care for souls one way or another. Its only purpose is to expand and to conquer, to embody the ideals that the White Emperor imagines that she has lost.

Every wall, every support beam, every road is a weapon that moves according to the will of the Emperor. The size, scale, and function are all wildly variable, with hand cannons and siege cannons alike. Thanks to her anecdotes of developing new weapons in her lifetime under the advice of those outside of her rule, she is also perfectly capable of appropriating firearms she has never seen before as well, including innovating new ones based on modern examples. Magical energy powers the city and is infused into every inch, but it is not the constituent material. In fact, perhaps the greatest horror of Archer's Xanadu is that it is a physical construction made of resources that its underbelly has directly extracted from the surroundings. The wounds in the earth that are caused by the gunpowder city's construction will remain even if she is slain.

Personality
    Archer often comes off as confident to the point of boisterousness. She loudly blazes her trails wherever she sees fit, laughing pridefully as she tackles the most ridiculous possible hurdles she can think of. "Impossible" is to her nothing more than "the difficulty above Very Hard", and she finds herself getting more excited about a task the more difficult it is. She is a self-described "man of action", and generally approaches problems with some off-the-wall solutions. She is truly enjoying herself when she can go all-out against something, and will frequently complain about the world being too weak for her tastes.

Despite appearances, she is actually very patient, and knows her limits very well. Even if she has a tendency to put herself in the spotlight with her antics, she is never hesitant to ask for help from those who specialise in what she needs, and she will begrudgingly accept even points of view she vehemently disagrees with if she finds them to be logically sound. She even has a particularly doting streak when she is fond of someone, but exactly how that manifests greatly varies. When asked for her opinions, she speaks with a great deal of wisdom on both worldly and spiritual matters. She does not tend to get attached to things, whether they are material or more abstract, and she is even willing to totally discard her own way of life in the event that she is presented with a better one.

"There's nothing wrong with changing your mind. It means you're learning."
    What an optimistic view for an emperor to take.

This attitude of hers is something of a double-edged sword. She has no consistent standard on which to grade her own performance, and her open mind leaves her perpetually unsure of herself. She needs external validation in order to not lose her way, as her tendency towards self-doubt leads her to speculate wildly at what others might want from her and try to incorporate every possible answer she can think of regardless of how realistic those speculations are... Not to mention, she's usually not even in the right hemisphere as "correct" in terms of her guesses, because the huge gap between herself and others in terms of both power (circumstances) and wisdom (mindset) are very different. While nobody can dismiss her wisdom as an individual, she has something of a pathological inability to think about things in that manner, so even though she can arrive at a "right answer" quickly, she often tries to ignore her own opinion in order to act on a jumbled mess of imagined opinions that nobody actually holds.

This culminates in the Archer class as her crippling, unbearable anxiety surrounding her course of action in her life. She was expected to lead the Mongol Empire, but ended up becoming the Emperor of China simply because she was fascinated with Chinese culture, and the self-doubt surrounding that even during her lifetime caused her to desperately try to mimic her grandfather that all of Mongolia held in such high esteem. She regrets deeply that she estranged herself so much from her own people, but she regrets even more that this was the only way she could think to fix it. Even now, she wonders if it was even possible to fix it at all.

When she was young, once she promised that she would be more than this.

Background
    Genghis Khan's fourth son was named Tolui, and Tolui's fourth son was named Kublai. Well, Kublai seems to actually be a girl for some reason. She was born with a certain collection of ultra-rare attributes that could have allowed her to ascend into something far greater than a human at any point in her lifetime. She chose very early on to give up that power. It was nothing complicated, but simply because she felt that she could make a far greater impact as an ordinary human. Unfortunately, she was anything but ordinary. First and foremost, she was born as a princess, and her grandfather quickly recognised her potential.

"The words of this child are full of wisdom. All of you, heed them well."

That instruction was a curse that followed Kublai Khan around until she died. What did he mean by that? What was it that he was hoping from her?

It was a curse on her specifically, because the rest of her family disregarded the old man's remark.

Once the reigning Khan, Kublai’s older brother, passed away, she came into conflict with her younger brother Ariq Böke over the throne, resulting in a civil war that even destroyed the capital city Karakorum. Kublai eventually won, forgiving her brother and allowing him to continue serving under her. After that, she went on to conquer all of China, birthing the Yuan dynasty.

In an attempt to win over the land that she had conquered, she moved into China and sought to integrate herself properly into their culture - it was no Herculean task, as she herself had been enraptured by Chinese culture from a young age. But in understanding, rather than subjugating, she sparked an uprising in Mongolia, with Prince Kaidu of the Ögedei declaring she had strayed too far from the path of Khan, and attempted to oust her throughout her reign. He was never successful, but his presence was enough to taint Kublai’s heart with doubt. Her mind wandered often to her grandfather's words, a warning tinged with great expectations.

It did not take her long to fashion herself into a conqueror in her attempts to mimic the great Genghis Khan. Her campaigns, however, were not even close to as successful as her more peaceful attempts to expand. Her entire fleet that she had sent to conquer Japan were obliterated twice by a divine wind - the event known as the "kamikaze". It is unfortunately this aspect of her life that has been epitomised in the Archer class - a desperate, futile struggle that goes against her own nature to reconnect with a family that only contended with her to begin with.

She doesn't particularly like talking about it, so she's going to take this moment to talk about her various lovers instead in a lighthearted quickfire round so you forget all about it. Ready, set, go!

Chabi: "A very good girl indeed. She's perfectly levelheaded, and she gives excellent advice. If you have something on your mind, she's the one to go to. Though, it's a bit difficult to read her expressions, and her fashion sense is a bit..."

Zhang Liushan: "My teacher of Magecraft is such a charming little intellectual, isn't he? I really do love the way that he can't even keep his story straight about what he likes and what he hates. I hear his Order still exists in this era as well."

Marco Polo: "Ohoho! That sneaky, shady, conniving, lying con artist? Adorable. She's a joy to tease. Hm? She's a Heroic Spirit too? Well now, you can't just expect me to take that lying down..."

███████: "He's... really something. To be honest, I have trouble keeping my composure just thinking about him... They very much don't call him the Demon God of Lust for nothing, do they?"

Samuel Taylor Coleridge: "Hm? Who is that? Ah, that traveller from another age? A fascinating man, but he does push himself a bit too much for my liking. I wish he would have let me take care of him a little..."
    Last edited by Random; June 16th, 2021 at 10:17 PM.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Kublai Khan: A lovely addition to the Khan lineage which is definitely not an alien plot. Maybe a little... plain, if I have to REALLY nitpick? But maybe that's just me being jaded from how bonkers some of the entries this contest have been. Her personality is really charming, and you have a great writing style which really brings across the emotion here.

I've added a quote for her, and for DelRey's Timur as well, to Temujin.

Blog Entries
    Yo Random, I have respect how you get in here and add another style of formatting. I looked at your code, it is commendable how you added the colored bars. Looks really good, the header itself got my attention. Perhaps I will steal it ~
    There I also noticed the many hidden texts in your sheet. so if some of you missed it, there are things to click here and there.

DelRey approves of the quote, cas

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

After Brazil Express, it's time for Khan Town !

Nah, more seriously, two VERY SOLID sheets about the Khan lineage, Temujin being my favorite of the two.
    I also really liked the Zumbi sheet, a solid one for a figure I didn't knew and who turned out to be very interesting ! I really should read stuff about Brazilian history, one of these days.

If I'm not mistaken we're in the final week, right ? The last line ! Splendid job everyone, and good luck to those who are still working on something !