Page 155 of 367 FirstFirst ... 55105145150153154155156157160165205255 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,100 of 7330

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dodo was the biggest Joke here I have ever seen and almost won last time.
    Dont underestimate the power of Memes.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Maker of Poor Decisions and Massive Sheets TheTruthWhale's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Memes are the lifeblood of so many. Without them, we would be a species broken.
    This Link Is Easier Than Forum Surfing
    The (Legally Required) Compedium

US Friend Code
    I was actually gonna submit a memey Nuclear Gandhi sheet too, but I cut it too close with my Henry VIII sheet, so I didn't have time to make it.

Blog Entries
    If we're talking memes, I had extremely unfinished plans for Rider Princess Diana.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    If we're talking memes, I had extremely unfinished plans for Rider Princess Diana.
    dude

that aint cool man

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I just wish I could mention everyone, seriously.

But you know what I can do? THANK EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU WHO VOTED FOR MY CHARACTER. I TRULY DON'T HAVE WORDS... THANK YOU FOR YOUR FAITH IN ME ;___;

Appetizer:

COMMODUS
    (NittyGritty)
    If my future self came to the last month’s me and told her that she’d love COMMODUS, of all people, I’d laugh at my own face. And yet here we are.
    This is such an endearing and interesting twist on this rotten character. I adore the way you crafted this fanboy manchild that just wants to leave his name in History somehow, thinking he’ll be like the heroes he admires and yet... Yes, indeed, life has a special way of kicking us in the balls, and this man knows it. I was surprised at myself at how much I enjoyed his character, but hey. That means you did something amazing here! I hope you’re proud of yourself.

JOHN III SOBIESKY
    (DelRey)

DEL WTF.
    I thought that at first as I was reading his sheet and I still think this right now.
    The way I laughed out loud as I was reading his quotes. This man’s a riot. You managed to make something that is equal parts hilarious and enviably creative. It’s a damn shame we can’t vote for more than three people because Gordy of the Stars deserves so much more love than what he’s getting. This is peak performance right here. You did it again, you crazy mf.

MIGUEL I
    (Master_Therion)

Ahh yes, Avengers... Such a wild card of a class. The Servants here are either gratingly cringy or absolute units of charisma, there’s never in-between. And in this loser’s case, I firmly believe he’s a part of the second category. He’s amazing! A petty, vengeful shadow of a man that destroyed everything he touched. Tragic and commendable, really – you have to be really unlucky to screw up this bad. And that’s why he’s great. I hope he can find his peace one day, he deserves that.

ZUMBI DOS PALMARES
    (Morg van Destro)
    I love this character, he’s someone very dear to me – and I dare to say, to a lot of Brazilians. The true personification of freedom, of bravery, of free will. And I think you did SUCH a good job translating what he represents in this character. Someone that’s serious and dutiful, someone full of resentment for what he was forced to endure, but someone that even then only marches forward. In this colorful cast of crappy deceivers, selfish children and wise but naïve rulers, this man stands out as someone that looked suffering in the eyes and knows the value of keeping his subjects–or rather, his family–away from that fate. I sound super biased right now (and perhaps I am?) but I think you did a better job than me or anyone could ever. What a good Servant.

TIBERIUS
    (RoydGolden)

Ok, look. I’m a firm believer of “drama over comedy”, I like to read drama, I love to see these people suffering, I adore when people wake up choosing violence for their characters, but sometimes a Servant just hits that sweet spot. I was already sold on the FC, but to have it actually be related to the Servant in a meta level? To have such a fun and interesting Servant remind you of such a fun and interesting villain? To be able to scream IS THIS A MF JOJO REFERENCE and it be true? It’s so satisfying. I dunno, man, the way Royd always comes here and just kicks us all in the gut with his characters like it’s no big deal… I could never. Hey asterism, just give us 4 places already, this man deserves a point too!

Main dish:

1 POINT
    PEDRO II
    (Wyvern)

The audacity of this man Wyvern coming here and proclaiming his sheet is just a stepping stone to mine. If anything, I’M the one who must say that about my own work – and I proclaim that with pride.
    Not only you’ve delivered your best sheet to date, it also managed to be a wild ride from the beginning to the end. The idea of a “perfect king who lives for his people to the point that he doesn’t even know how to live for himself” is already so tragic (dare I say it’s the reason why Seiba is best girl?) and so endearing, and then you add that little dash of a charisma and the result is this funky old man with a lot of wisdom after so many low blows by yours truly, life. And yet, he always comes back to save his people when they need him the most, even if the enemy is his own family… How can anyone hate him? Preposterous. I’ll never let you put down your own work, I loved it to pieces! It’s an endearing figure to me that was even more enhanced by your writing capacities. How could you even think I’d NOT vote for him!

2 POINTS
    HONG XIUQUAN
    (BnEl15)

I could never forgive myself if I didn’t properly pay my respects to our lord and savior BnEl15, who I can only humbly hope snatches his 3rd win and breaks a new record in this MCaS thread and I would say THANK YOU, because it’s so well deserved. He just went off this time. What a crazy character he brought to the table! Technically speaking, this is the superior Servant – I simply find no fault on him, at all. Impeccable work, absolutely amazing villain with scummy motivations and a penchant for mental gymnastics to justify his rotten behavior, it was the most fun I had in ages… I could go on and on praising all aspects of him and all of that wouldn’t be enough.
    And yet, why ain’t him on the 1st place in my heart? You know what... I ask myself the same. Let’s see if I can answer my own question next.

3 POINTS
    GUINEVERE
    (realcasually)

I know, I know, in the end it surprised me too about how much I liked her. When I tried to find justifications about why she’d deserve to top even the technically superior sheets, I thought of the way she made me feel. I was having fun reading her story, her personality, her skills… Not for a single moment I felt the need to scroll down or jump a line or two. I really felt like she the protagonist of a book and I had to know what happened next. And I guess this is that OOMPH factor that pushed her to the top over the others?
    Besides, my homie realcasually told me he had just copy/pasted her lore from the Typemoon wikia, but I’ll respectfully disagree with him. This ain’t just a copypasta, this is someone owning the original material and making something even greater out of it. I swear I didn’t think it was her canon-compliant lore there, but this makes the whole experience even better. She is cute, she is tragic, she is a powercreep character, she is unexpectedly fun… It checks all of my biases. I’m so sorry mr. crazy dictator.
    Last edited by WhiteFrenzy; June 25th, 2021 at 04:06 PM.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You forgot the desserts Howaito
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cool

When you see that WF giving points looks prettier than any of my sheets, you know why she is the queen here.

honorable mentions:
    i dont know man, so many cool sheets here. would be easier to say who i wouldnt mention, but that would just be mean.
    I am mean in a different way :

negative 1 points for TheTruthWhale for making me think I get points from him. I am totally petty and ignore that you made a cool duo pair and a great reworked ginger pirate girl with creative double summon.

negative 2 points for Morg van Destro for dooming my Main Faker Entry Hindenburg. I am totally petty and ignore him doing a much better job than Nasu and Co. portraying Morgan and bringing in some forgotten mythology and interesting historical representation other than the usual Western and Far Eastern candidates.

negative 3 points for Wyvern for being my rival in simping for WhiteFrenzy. I am totally petty and ignore him being an important cornerstone of this forum with his wave of creativity relating to new classes and now bringing attention to an criminally underrepresented culture. And I will ignore his cool Edelgard Faceclaim that was for a time my profile picture (EdelMad Emote ftw) and a badass old man with a cool fighting style.

other mentions are Royd and his Kira, I mean Tiberius, for one of his coolest newest works. He didnt vote yet, so we shall see how deep in the red he will be

unto the real points:

I feel like we are at Whose Line is it anyways, where the points dont matter, because the top2 are already decided, just the order is uncertain.
    I will use my 1 point, for Mt. Rushmore by Drangle, for the creativity and a certain spark i see.

2 points go to Isabel by WhiteFrenzy and

3 points to Hong by BnEl15.

I hold both of you in high esteem as persons and creators here. In the end I went with what I believe left a deeper mark here in terms of originality. To me a Saverzerker of his kind with no flaws wins against a wonderful Beast Candidate with slight shortcomings.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    negative 3 points for Wyvern for being my rival in simping for WhiteFrenzy. I am totally petty and ignore him being an important cornerstone of this forum with his wave of creativity relating to new classes and now bringing attention to an criminally underrepresented culture. And I will ignore his cool Edelgard Faceclaim that was for a time my profile picture (EdelMad Emote ftw) and a badass old man with a cool fighting style.

But jokes aside, this contest has done a lot for me in terms of how I can push my style of sheet making and the story I wanna write for them. I mean, most of my sheets are connected to the Lostbelt I posted a week ago, and that lostbelt links up to the Magus I'm making right now. Which will link up to a second wave of Brazilian inspired Heroic Spirits.

And I couldn't have done any of it if I didn't have the push and acknowledgement that this community gives my work.

Which is why it has been so difficult for me to pick who to vote for this time around. I don't wanna exclude anyone but I do have a special connection to some of the sheets which likely will color my judgement. So I hope you all will forgive my lack of impartiality.

Here are the votes:

3rd Place - Temujin (realcasually)

Listen, I am a sucker for extensive lore usage on Sheets. I knew the moment I saw it that I was gonna be blown away by the concept and I can't help but see it as something I would have liked doing myself. He is threatening, but not completely emotionless. He gives me end boss vibes and I totally would wanna steal him to write a one shot for. So he gets 1 Point.

2nd Place - John III Sobieski

Here, have your 2 Points! Hope you choke on them.

How dare you use my weaknesses against me! I happen to have a huge softspoke for the Director and I won't suffer a contest where he doesn't reach top 5. He is likeable and goofy, a guy who should be more of a joke but who you can't help but root for when he gets serious. Vote for Pedro? Vote for Goredolf more like it!

1st Place - Isabel (WhiteFrenzy)

And here we have her!

My muse! The star of the show! The Pricess with the biggest Teenage Rebellion streak of the world, to the point she became an Evil of Humanity. Our very own Princess of the New World.

Yes, I am biased. Absolutely.

But I can't let the work that inspired me to do my best sheet to this day have anything than my full back up. So, yeah, Isabel gets 3 points because I am just that proud of what WhiteFrenzy has achieved in terms of intertwining someone so important to the history of our country to the lore of grand order.

Blog Entries
    Yeah Wyvern you and Howaito have shown use a new type of layout ! and i will at one Point try to make it like this . one Question what did you thought of my Dracula ?

Blog Entries
    Dude, Wyvern, even voting your formatting is eye catching.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    negative 2 points for Morg van Destro for dooming my Main Faker Entry Hindenburg. I am totally petty and ignore him doing a much better job than Nasu and Co. portraying Morgan and bringing in some forgotten mythology and interesting historical representation other than the usual Western and Far Eastern candidates.
    Excuse you! I should have that negative 3 points! If you haven't noticed, my word is prophecy in contests. I held his fate in my hands, and I crushed it.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    Oh fuck, I got negative one point!
    I'm not at 0 anymore! Finally. I was worried I'd walk out of this with nothing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Master_Therion View Post
    Dude, Wyvern, even voting your formatting is eye catching.
    Well, I don't think I'm gonna use that formatting for every single post of mine. But it pays to use it for important ones or those for my 'official' works. I'm glad you faind it eye catching. I feel like it might need some touch ups still.

Blog Entries
    Dang, i cant believe after the submition is over I find an awesome image for my servant angel form that actually resembles the face claim. Guess ill wait till the contest is over to edit. Btw, when does the voting period end?
    Last edited by Master_Therion; June 25th, 2021 at 08:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Master_Therion View Post
    Dang, i cant believe after the submition is over I find an awesome image for my servant angel form that actually resembles the face claim. Guess ill wait till the contest is over to edit. Btw, when does the voting period end?
    usually one or two weeks Therion . and i must still think which one i should give my vote .
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; June 25th, 2021 at 08:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    Alright, might as well vote for the spirit of it

Hon. Mentions!

India's Top Power Couple (Ruler): I love duo Servants and I love Indian Servants, mythological or otherwise. A few points of for confusions of Chandragupta and Chandra Gupta, which just bugged me enough that it's all I can think about looking at the sheet now.

Pedro II (Rider, the girl one): Very clever idea, but a teensy bit too power wanked for me to really love.

Miguel I (Avenger): Big respect to my fellow Avenger entry. You put so much into the lore and relationships sections its admirable and you were this close to being my bronze pick.

Commodus (Ruler): Just a great sheet, but also just a great sheet. Had this contest had half as many entrants you'd have definitely been getting more votes, but alas.

The Votes

1 point: Kublai Khan. Like I mentioned, it was between her and Miguel for the longest time, and I just couldn't pick. Then I realized the NP had collapsed text. Chef's kiss. Nothing strictly groundbreaking but something abotu all the parts fitting together just feels perfect in a way I can't express. Like she's not a thought experiment or a convoluted wank, she just feels like a real Archer that couldn't happend as she is in another universe's version of Nasu canon, and that's got value.

2 points: Pedro II (Rider, the man one). This is what I quite like to see in a Servant of a modern-ish nation ruler. His characterization is strong and his Noble Phantasms feel fine. With someone like him whose only feats are basically just politics, you have to jump through hoops to make a NP that's flashy enough ot matter, and you can easily jump through too many hoops and give them something that reads like nonsense, like a horse made of glass or soemthing. But this feels like juust enough of a reach.

3 points: Hong Xuiquan (Saver, citation needed). I'm a simple man. I love Servants based on deception. You did a neat job presenting his... unique philosophy throught the sheet, and the faceclaim was also beautiful.

Blog Entries
    Losing points because someone else confused Chandragupta I and Chandragupta is a new one.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    This took me a bit longer to put together than I thought it would, first due to me having to go back and reread every sheet for this month, and then because I've had a busy week due to IRL stuff. Anyway, onto the votes:

Honorable Mentions
    I honestly could put a large portion of the servants from this month here, but I'll touch on a few that really caught my eye:

Pedro II by WhiteFrenzy:
    This was a sheet that barely didn't make my top 3. I honestly really like how you wrote this sheet and the way characterized Pedro II, as well as your skill choices. If the top 3 (for me at least) weren't as good as I feel they are, this would've definitely been of the top 3.

Miguel I of Portugal by Master_Therion:
    Like I mentioned before, I really like everything about this sheet, especially the Noble Phantasm. Sadly, this month was filled with so many good sheets. If this were any other month, you also would've been top 3

Josiah by RoydGolden:
    As the first entry for the contest, it was great. This one alone told us that this contest was going to be a treat. Sadly, like other people have said, this contest is jam-packed with great sheets. Also, I feel the need to mention that before this contest started, I was doing a ruler class sheet for Josiah myself, but once the contest started I had to put it on hold as it felt cheap to use a sheet that I had been working on for a while beforehand. I will definitely give you props for using him though, I was genuinely surprised that no one had done a sheet for him by anyone before this.

Tiberius by RoydGolden:
    I honestly thought this was a really solid sheet. Although I almost made you 3rd place just because of the Megalodon Noble Phantasm. I mean, who doesn't like prehistoric animals. His whole sheet altogether was fantastic though.

Commodus by NittyGritty:
    This was another really good one. This was an interestingly unique way of doing a ruler class servant, and you honestly did a great job at showing his character through the abilities.

Again, sorry to everyone I didn't mention, but I had to get this vote out quick and I didn't really have time to talk about pretty much every sheet.

1 Point
    Pedro II by Wyvern:
    And here's another Pedro sheet, which approaches the character from a completely different angle. I honestly love the way this character is put together, and how everything fits into place. The thing that I like the most about this sheet though is the Noble Phantasm, it is just so unique and really ties the whole servant together. Your Pedro definitely has my favorite Noble Phantasm out of all the contest's servants though.

2 Points
    "BB" aka Big Brother by Frigix:
    Watchers as a class is very sparse, even when you include some of the custom servants. So I was surprised to see a Watcher-class servant chosen for this contest, and a really well done one at that. This sheet absolutely oozes character, and the way you used the different leaders and weaved everything together with the different skills and Noble Phantasm really is the cherry on top for me. My only gripe about this sheet is that I feel it's missing something, but I'm honestly not sure what. Other than that though, this is one of favorites of this contest

3 Points
    Hong Xiuquan by Bnel15:
    This one really came out of no where for me, and I immediately was drawn to this sheet. The way you showcase his personality was fantastic, and the fact that all the abilities tie into his lore perfectly was great. This one was definitely my favorite of the contest, hence the score.

Blog Entries
    Well then to my Votings though i am honestly angered and wondering why my two profiles havent goten any Points so far although i dived in the deeper llore ad their sorounding historic Environment,Why !!

Okay now then as i said it out from my mind to the Voting itself

At first the Honorable Mentions

Paul von Hindenburg

Quite Well done Faker servant also must i say the usage of the Marsch Song Texts is quite neat ideas and the collapse function use is very good i have considered for my Faker but i am still modest in the use of it as i had in the past probles with it so which collapses do you use and had you Problems with your layout style ? Also how do you do These Info Frames ? Sorry i come back at the profile i must applaud you to have made out of a quite modern Person a working Servant ,as it is much more difficult then older servants . As you asked if you went to far with him feel i oliged to deny it in this case . As fellow German Speaker let me tell you :Gute Arbeit Respekt !

Marienne

Quite well done servant so her first Noblephantasm is her Saint graph Right ? her second noblephantasm is quite hideous and dirty .Further does it endanger the secrecy of the Grailwar . All in all good first servant and wecome in the Crew.

Temujin

I hate the whole extraterrrestrial nonsense that started with Altera and then with the Mecha Olympian Lostbelt but great and terryfying idea nonetheless i can see that he would be the most hatefull enemy of my Lucifer

Afonso I

Really intersting and good though there is just to many high class profile here .

Howaitos Pedro II

Really good Howaito well made like Always though i hope you Arent Angry that i couldnt give you Points .

Now the places

1 Point :Emperor Chandragupta the First & Empress Kumaradevi

Really well made i must say well crafted skills and Noblephantasm i must say .

2 Points :Sobieski

a Really convincing pseudo servant raelly good and plausible i must say further , through his deeds could Europe be defended against the Osmans and you made a good Job with the pseudo servant aspect .

3 Points :(Wyverns) Pedro II
    he has really i well made build the skills are fittihhng and the Noblephantasm are symbolising his mentality perfectly . just onbe Question if his first Noblephantasm is sharing damges he reeive could he also share healing effects ?

That were the candidates for those i had specific Things to say but alone due to the number of servants is the Voting difficult .