Page 174 of 367 FirstFirst ... 74124164169172173174175176179184224274 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,480 of 7336

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spammin Spiff View Post
    Or you can do a sheet for the world's first recorded joke and use that ability in the sheet. I'd say the first recorded joke is still cringeworthy enough to do so.
    Isn't the first recorded joke a Sumerian inscription about a dude's wife farting in his lap? This one:
    "Something which has never occurred since time immemorial; a young woman did not fart in her husband's lap."
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fart jokes are eternal
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    Isn't the first recorded joke a Sumerian inscription about a dude's wife farting in his lap?
    Wait until it becomes Nasuverse canon that it was Gilgamesh who wrote the first recorded joke.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gilgamesh into fart jokes confirmed??? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

---
    I regret writing this, what have I become oh my God
    Last edited by BnEl15; October 14th, 2021 at 12:15 PM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Wait until it becomes Nasuverse canon that it was Gilgamesh who wrote the first recorded joke.
    Which somehow helped cause the separation of man and god because Gilgamesh has to be at the centre of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    Which somehow helped cause the separation of man and god because Gilgamesh has to be at the centre of everything.
    The gods were so appalled by the joke that they distanced themselves from humanity.

If BnEl15's next sheet isn't Gilgamesh as the creator of jokes, I'm going to be severely disappointed. In fact, that would literally fit the contest prompt. After all, I'd consider joke making an art form.
    Last edited by Spammin Spiff; October 14th, 2021 at 01:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    If BnEl15's next sheet isn't Gilgamesh as the creator of jokes, I'm going to be severely disappointed. In fact, that would literally fit the contest prompt. After all, I'd consider joke making an art form.
    I approve this message.
    BnEl, you love bad puns. Make it happen

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Well, this thread is starting to spiral out of control.

Blog Entries
    Oof.
    Someone I'm working on has like a single obvious pun in their name that they'd like to overuse. That would get old quick though, and they're not exactly an artist either.

Alas, I'll be holding on to the whole "weaponized cringe" idea, it could be a cool ability, if I ever found a worthy candidate for it.

Edit: Also yeah, looking forward to more entries everyone, I'm still adding more lines to Madame Tussaud for each entry so far.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Mind giving us a hint on who your working on.

Blog Entries
    I am going to mute each one of you

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Are you the fun police?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    I am going to mute each one of you

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Quick question, does anyone know if there's a way to change the size of a Photograph? I'm asking because the artwork I'm going to use for my servant is way too big and needs to be decreased in size.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Depends roughly on the methods but imgur and chromebooks built in photo programs have resize options. If the photo itself is too big to scan in however, then might I suggest taking a digital photo of it and resizing that?

note: one more suggestion, paint.net is a pretty good program all around. not as good as professional art programs but for a free one it'll get the job done.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Blog Entries
    Quick question, does anyone know if there's a way to change the size of a Photograph? I'm asking because the artwork I'm going to use for my servant is way too big and needs to be decreased in size.
    I upload them on Pinterest. They automatically resize the image to a more acceptable size, usually.

Caster of High Fashion

“Bonjour Master, I am Caster, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Before we do anything else though, please, I have to fix your sorry state, your raggedy clothes will never do.”

Class: Caster
    Other Classes: Assassin
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Place of Origin: France; 18th Century

Parameters:

STR: E
    END: E
    AGI: D
    MGI: C
    LCK: B+

Height: 181 cm
    Weight: 66 kg
    Dislikes: Late payments
    Talent: Creating Dresses “Obviously!”
    Natural Enemy: None
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Humanoid, Female, Servant, Artist
    Armament: Sewing kit (which includes plenty of needles), various dress-making tools
    Catalyst: Any articles of clothing she’s made

~~Class Skills~~
    Territory Creation: C
    The skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana. Caster builds a small workshop that is specialized in helping her make clothing. When in this terrain, she can double the production rate of items made using the Item Creation skill.

“My workspace is as important to me as a workspace is for a magus. Certainly, you can understand that well master.”

Item Creation (Clothing): B+
    A skill which represents ones ability to create various clothing, either magical or mundane. While Caster is more practiced with women’s clothing, she is fully capable of making quality men’s clothing as well. All of her creations are of the highest quality available. Despite not being well known for any sort of magecraft in life, she is still fully capable of creating clothing with mystic codes or spells attached. However, she may require the help of her master if said mystic codes or spells are too complex.

“It is my mission to make sure everything I make is perfection. To do any less is unthinkable on my part. I do not do ‘comme ci, comme ça’.”

~~Personal Skills~~
    Human Observation: C+
    A skill which gives one the ability to observe and understand human beings. At C rank, one can hypothesize the livelihoods, likes and lifestyle of people whose names they don’t know with varying success. However, in Caster’s case, she can use this skill to always figure out the clothing that best suits one’s personality. Caster mainly uses this to in conjunction with her Item Construction skill, however she can use this skill to understand someone better in general. In life, caster was a great judge of character, and often used this to discern what clothing people would like. However, she can still use her ability to gain a general understanding of the person apart from the best clothing style.
    “Clothing is best when it shows the emotions of the wearer. When one’s lifestyle, emotions, physique are all combined in their clothing, the outcome is fantastique.”

Fashion Discernment: D++
    The skill which represents ones ability to discern other servants’, Skill or Parameters (and possibly even their identity) through the clothing they wear. However, with Servants with hiding capacity, she depends on her luck level in comparison to their’s to bypass this. This skill is quite similar to the skills True Name Discernment and Appreciation of the Arts. She is able to immediately reveal the identity of those who were alive during the same time as she was. She is able to immediately reveal a good amount of information of any females born after her, while she may only able to reveal bits and pieces of men born after her. Any one born before her though, she may be able to discern a bit of information on if their clothing is famous, but otherwise would have a hard time figuring out anything about them. In life, caster was well aware of all the fashion of her time and was on the constant look out for new trends and would change her dress designs accordingly. Through this, she not only stayed on top, but even started trends of her own.
    “Clothes tell you more about a person then you might think master. Each time period has its own popular fashions, and using this knowledge may give you an unexpected upper hand.”

What is New was Once Old and Forgotten: B
    A unique skill which represents a proverb that Caster was known to have used frequently. With this skill she has the ability to restore damaged items to the state that they were in at their prime. This skill requires a cast time to use, varying depending on the item. Normal items can be repaired within minutes, while magical items could take anywhere from 1 to 24 hours. Items with a large amount of mystery and legend surrounding them (a good example being a Noble Phantasm) may take even longer, within the timescale of days or weeks depending on how much mystery or legend surrounds said item. The most legendary of items (such as Excaliber for example) may even take over a month. While using this skill she constantly drains mana until she is finished. While she finds clothing and cloth items much less taxing to use this on, she may use this on items that are not made of cloth (such as armor or swords), however it takes much more mana to use this skill on those.
    “Il n'y a de nouveau que ce qui est oublié. Its meaning is true in every sense. Every idea was once inspired by something previously.”

~~Noble Phantasm~~
    L’Robe Noire
    The Last Dress for Marie Antoinette

“L’dernière robe du cœur brisé. My greatest work manifests itself, I give to you: L’Robe Noire”

Type: Anti-Unit, Anti-Mind, Anti-Luck
    Range: 1~25
    Max Targets: 10 People or Servants

A Noble Phantasm based on the last dress that Caster made to Marie Antoinette, one which she wore during her last weeks in prison. Due to said legend surrounding the dress, the anguish and despair of Marie Antoinette’s last days have been absorbed into the clothing, turning it into a demonic mystic code. After activating the Noble Phantasm, a floating, possessed-looking, black dress will appear next to Caster, with an ethereal black smoke pouring out from its holes. Enemies within the range of this Noble Phantasm instantly feel all their regrets they’ve ever had weigh down upon them. As well, all enemies within range will have their luck instantly drop to the lowest possible stat, as Marie’s luck of her last days is transferred onto them. The first effect can be slightly resisted by those with high Mental Resistance, and can be totally ignored by those who have never had any regrets. Those who were known in life to have "never lost their luck" (or simply put: those who were never unlucky) may be less effected by the second effect of the Noble Phantasm.
    One (including Caster herself) is also able to wear the dress, and the effects would be centered outward from the wearer. However, the longer one wears the cursed dress, the more the negative feelings start to affect the wearer. This could cause them to become extremely depressed and feel extremely defeated, and if worn long enough, could cause long-term effects on the wearer.

~~Lore~~
    Caster’s real name is Marie-Jeanne Rose Bertin, or also known as Rose Bertin by friends. She is not only the dressmaker and fashion designer most commonly credited for the creation of high fashion, but also made such clothing for queens of European countries and other royalties. Her most famous achievement however was that she was also the personal dressmaker for (and friend of) Marie Antoinette. Ever since they first met, Rose made every dress for her from then on, up until her final days. Her connection to Marie Antoinette saves her being a phantom and actually allows her to manifest as a servant.

Rose Bertin was born on the 2nd of July in 1747 in the town of Abbeville, Picardy in France. Both her parents had very little income, and the education Rose herself received was nothing to write home about. In desire to strive for greater however, she moved to Paris when she turned 16 to become a milliner and worked under the apprenticeship of Mademoiselle Pagelle. Through this apprenticeship, she became acquainted with many high-class, aristocratic individuals. Eventually through this, she met Marie Antoinette. In 1770, Rose opened her own clothing shop, her customers consisting of many noble women she knew from her prior apprenticeship under Pagelle, and even garnered new customers.

In 1772, Marie Antoinette and Rose Bertin finally were introduced to each other, and quickly became good friends. Rose would from then on visit Marie twice a week, showing Marie her newest clothing and talking fashion for hours on end. Due to their shared interests in fashion, Rose quickly became one of Marie’s most trusted friends, one whom she could talk about anything with. She had made every dress for the queen from then on, or at least was in charge of its creation. Due to becoming the fashion designer for the queen of France (Marie Antoinette), Rose quickly became not only the most sought after fashion designer by French aristocrats, but also the leading designer in European fashion at the time. As her friendship with the queen continued, so did her status continue to grow, making a tremendous impact on French society as a whole. Her accomplishments eventually established not just France, but specifically Paris, as the fashion capital of the world. Rose was behind many of Marie Antoinette’s well known fashion statements. From the large, poufy dress, to her unique hats, Rose was the one to discuss these ideas with the queen.

The French Revolution however, brought about a change in pace for not just Marie Antoinette, but also for Rose Bertin. Business-wise, her clothing still sold quite well, but she had lowered her prices slightly to adjust to the current events. However, the biggest change for her was when she had decided to volunteer herself as an informant for the queen. During this time, she (along with others) would tell the queen about the public opinion of her, as well as the politics going on outside her circle. This had helped Marie make multiple decisions during this time period. Rose however went above and beyond when she helped Marie as her personal “agent”. During her business her trips to England and Germany from 1791 to 1792, she would relay messages from Marie to important individuals in these countries, and would sometimes bring messages back, all under the cover of her selling her clothing to nobility. Rose was absent from Paris during the time of the September Massacres in 1792, and didn’t return until December of that year. While back in Paris, she had attempted to destroy some of her older account books out of suspicion that the French Revolutionaries would try and use these against Marie Antoinette if ever decided to put her on trial. However, upon searching for them, she had realized most had been taken during her time away, leaving a couple behind. Despite this, Rose decided to stay in Paris to continue her business, and in fact continued to send clothing to Marie Antoinette during this time. However, after the King’s execution in January of 1793, she could not bear living in France any longer, leaving for London in February of of that year. While in London, she continued selling clothing to French aristocrats that had fled from France, and even continued her business in Paris by appointing a representative to her store in France. During this time, she had asked many of her clients pay bills that they were late on, and have kept her income steady through these means. Through this all, she still sent clothing to Marie Antoinette, however, most of clothing at that time were black in color, to represent her mournful state. Finally, in October of 1793, Marie Antoinette was tried and executed, severely effecting Rose emotionally, feeling as if she betrayed her friend by leaving earlier that year.

However, Rose’s clothing business continued, though slowly declining in popularity as new faces of the fashion industry came to the forefront. In the beginning of the 1800’s she gave her business to her nephews and finally retired. On the 22nd of September in the year 1813, Rose Bertin passed away in Épinay-sur-Seine in Paris, France, leaving a legacy in her wake.

~~Personality~~
    “You wish to know more about me Master? Do not hesitate to ask, I am always up for a lively chat.”“You wish to know more about me Master? Do not hesitate to ask, I am always up for a lively chat.”

Rose is very upbeat, and quite pasionate. She views clothing as an extension of ones own psyche and their emotions. To disrespect these beliefs would be to cut yourself of from ever becoming acquaintances. Despite what one may think however, she is very kind and more than willing to help someone in need, possibly like this out of guilt for what she couldn’t accomplish in life. She usually views her master as more of a “Boss”, and will treat accordingly. As she lacks almost any combat capabilities of her own (other than a few basic combat-focused magecraft spells), she usually will rather strengthening up her master or an allied servant servant as they usually are much better at combat than her. Of the magecraft she can sow into clothing, she is most proficient with low rank Presence Concealment or low rank charms, but is still capable of putting other effects into her clothing. However, as stated before, stronger effects may require the help of her Master to create. She finds those of Nobility easier to talk to, as most of her clients in life were such ones. However, she usually has trouble making friends with those who dress terribly. However, she is not so petty as to refuse friendship over something as minor as this. Despite what many of her job and status are like, she is not a snobby person or someone who looks down on the lower class, as she grew up in a lower class household. In fact, due to skill in Human Observation, she sees the beauty in any class level and even their clothing.
    “Do not be so surprised. I have both lived the life and have been asked to make lower class clothing before, and I enjoy doing it. There is as much beauté in simplicity as there is in the complex.”
    Rose’s wish for the grail is to be able to stop Marie Antoinette from reaching her horrible fate, as she feels responsible for what had happened to her close friend.

~~Relationships~~
    Marie Antoinette (Rider):
    “Darling it’s been too long, I’m delighted to see you again. Remember, if you need some dresses again, my schedule is always open. This time, I’ll be there whenever I’m needed.”

Edmond Dantes (Avenger):
    “Ah, Monsieur your story is well known to me, I know and can sense your anguish. Perhaps, Compte, I could make you some clothing and you can pay for it with your company, as I know that is what someone like you needs.”

Charles-Henri Sanson (Assassin):
    “I normally would not forgive someone like you for what you did. However, Marie seems to have forgiven you and trusts you, and I trust her judgement. Thus, I also forgive you, and hope you do not make me regret doing so.”

Gilgamesh (Caster):
    “Your royal clothing is quite splendid, no doubt you had access to the highest quality of dyes and cloths, and some of the best designers around.”

Samuel (Caster):
    “I love your coat Monsieur, you look simply dashing. You seem to have quite the eye for those sort of things.”

Madame Marie Tussaud (Faker):
    “Yes, your model of Marie Antoinette does bear a striking resemblance. However, your methods sicken me as does your attitude towards the subject. As an artist I respect you, but your desecration of my friend’s body was too far, as a person you disgust me.”

~~Creator Notes~~
    This is actually the first sheet that I was inspired by artwork first, rather than the usual of finding someone from history and then choosing artwork. I honestly decided, as soon as I read over the Rose Bertin’s history, that I wanted to make this as interesting as I could without making the person unrecognizable. I actually had a very hard time trying to find a picture that fit for the Noble Phantasm and found literally nothing (which I’m kind of bummed out about). This is my 3rd published servant I believe, so I’m still fairly new, so all constructive criticism is welcome. I know DelRey said something about using a unique Item Construction skill is unessesary, however, I feel like at least in this case it is warranted as I wanted this servant is able to create both magical AND non-magical items with it, which from what I understand isn't allowed under the normal skill. I hope everyone enjoys the sheet even though it may not be as flashy as some of the others.
    Image Sources:
    Image Source 1: https://twitter.com/vivivoovoo/statu...355715/photo/1
    Image Source 2: https://twitter.com/tommietomm/statu...663041/photo/1
    Last edited by Spammin Spiff; October 15th, 2021 at 03:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    Man, you sure weren't kidding when you said she'd have an interesting relationship with Madame Tussaud. Another new figure I'm unfamiliar with, and you've wrote her well.

Also that Elesa fc fits perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Man, you sure weren't kidding when you said she'd have an interesting relationship with Madame Tussaud. Another new figure I'm unfamiliar with, and you've wrote her well.

Also that Elesa fc fits perfectly.
    Thanks for the kind words.