Page 290 of 369 FirstFirst ... 190240280285288289290291292295300340 ... LastLast
Results 5,781 to 5,800 of 7369

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Blog Entries
    I leave you all alone for a couple days only to come back and you've nearly lynched a man.
    I don't agree with him on the... stuff that won't be mentioned for fear of restarting it, but I'm with Spiff in that there are real criticisms here. Should've left the politics at home.

On that note, my first is nearly complete, and it's very ironic considering what just happened, but not in the way you might expect.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    So, in a BnEl15 first, I *god, I can't believe I'm actually doing this*... am writing fujoshi bait.
    No, really, there aren't many sources I can find on this guy, but his story seriously sounds like something out of a BL fic. Friends to (almost) lovers. Pining. Dancing together. Unrequited love. Angst. The story writes itself.
    Uke or Seme? And to be fair, you could say the same thing about Achilles.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar
    *Walks into thread to see some nice sheets. Gets this.

I'll be back later.

Absolute Mistake, and Patriarch of the AAA Clan, a Beast's Lair Subsidiary Anime Aurelius Anomaly's Avatar
    Forbidden Land where there is only Insanity.
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    *facepalm*

This is the type of stuff that I would rather not touch with a 20 inch staff.
    In the hidden plains of the Internet, there are only the lurkers.

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    So, in a BnEl15 first, I *god, I can't believe I'm actually doing this*... am writing fujoshi bait.
    No, really, there aren't many sources I can find on this guy, but his story seriously sounds like something out of a BL fic. Friends to (almost) lovers. Pining. Dancing together. Unrequited love. Angst. The story writes itself.

Now I just have to translate a whole bunch of song-and-dance lingo I have zero freaking clue about before I can get to all that juicy part.
    Let's gooooo

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anime Aurelius Anomaly View Post
    *facepalm*

This is the type of stuff that I would rather not touch with a 20 inch staff.
    approaches with 21 inch staff

Absolute Mistake, and Patriarch of the AAA Clan, a Beast's Lair Subsidiary Anime Aurelius Anomaly's Avatar
    Forbidden Land where there is only Insanity.
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NittyGritty View Post
    approaches with 21 inch staff
    Thanks, really need that.
    In the hidden plains of the Internet, there are only the lurkers.

Blog Entries
    The Axis of the World is a Fourteen-Year Old Playing Pretend

The King is the Axis the World Rotates On

Base Form

First Ascension

Final Ascension

Spiritron Dress: Pre-Session Stretch

Class: Caster
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Origin: History

Height: 5’4
    Weight: 93 lbs

Natural Enemy: Philip IV, Edmond Dantes
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Human, Servant, King
    Armament: Feet, Cavalry, Swords

Parameters

• STR: D
    • END: D
    • AGI: B+
    • MANA: C
    • LUCK: B
    • NP: B

Class Skills

Territory Creation (A+): The skill to build a special terrain advantageous to oneself as a magus. A patron of the arts and founder of dance schools results in a high-tier territory on par with a Temple.

Item Construction (B+): A king with deep coffers and a love for art, the creation of magical artifice is within his capabilities.

Bond Level 1

A miracle baby, crowned king while still just a boy. He envisioned France as the center of the universe, the rest of history orbiting around its celestial body.

With a heavy burden I wear this crown. With a heavy hand I bring law and order. With light feet I win their hearts.

Bond Level 2

Source: History
    Region: France
    Dislikes: Spain, Adults that ruin his fun
    Talent: Ballet, Diplomacy
    Catalyst: A schematic of the Palace of Versailles

Bond Level 3

At the height of his power he circumvented the authority of other institutions, including the church and other nobles, in order to rule as absolute king. It was through his cosmic dance that the rest of the universe danced along with him.

Bond Level 4

Personal Skills

Imperial Privilege (B+): Having the longest reign of any known sovereign in history his acquisition of skills is granted a ‘+’ modifier. Relevant skills include Swordsmanship, Arts, Charisma, and Tactics.

Eye of the Sun God (False) (B): A peculiar skill to have. One who embodies Apollo’s light but does not truly possess it. Rather they take an Authority that isn’t theirs and presents it as their own. Effects are variable.

Facsimile Core of the Sun God’s Imposter (E): Not a perfected god by birth but his fixation with making himself the center of the universe, careful control of his public image through the arts and depicting the Sun God onstage he is able to preserve the absoluteness of his mind and body, befitting one who saw himself as an absolute monarch.

Bond Level 5

NPs

Le Ballet Royal de la Nuit
    ~The Sun King’s Cosmic Dance Makes The World Go Round~

Type: Anti-Fortress (Self)
    Range: 0~99
    Max. Targets: ???

The sublimation of Caster’s desire to become Le Roi Soleil (Sun King), an existence approaching that of a minor god, through the art of ballet.

A lengthy ballet timed to the setting and rising of the sun, taking thirteen total hours to complete from start to finish. Though a king should have been above such frivolities, Caster was still young and had yet to shake off childish wonderment. By embodying the Greek God of the Sun and the Arts Apollo, Caster presents himself as the axis upon which night and day turn, the center of attention, and therefore the center of the universe. He becomes the very sun itself, proving that heaven and earth are moved by the divine right of the king, such is the gravity of his being. Upon his departure all manner of demons, witches and other creatures of darkness awaken to terrorize the land, only to be expelled when the everlasting sun returns at dawn.

A lengthy ritual, that once started, slowly applies ranks of Divinity to Caster the longer it lasts. As the sun is the center of the universe, and the passage of time is dictated by the sun’s dance, so too is the passage of time dictated by Caster’s dance. The creation of a localized time anomaly around Caster’s domain where he can dictate how the passage of time is perceived by those inside, for he is the absolute monarch of his territory and the sun moves in accordance to his will. Only those with a Divinity higher than his, a sufficiently high-ranked Mystic Eyes skill, or those with anecdotes of having dealt with time magic can resist this effect.

As this Noble Phantasm exhibits the sun’s power over ‘darkness’, it applies continuous holy sacrament to those of demonic or vampiric lineages as a bonus effect.

Tres bien. My magnum opus. I am the sun! See how light my feet are, the Earth’s gravity cannot hold me!

Chateau de Versailles
    ~The Seat of France; The Center of the Universe~

Type: Variable
    Range: Variable
    Max. Targets: Variable

Caster's most famous public work. Originally a simple lodge that his father constructed, over the years of his reign, Caster expanded it into a palace worthy of a king, and later an emperor.

Since the palace had not yet been completed when Caster was this young, its full manifestation as a Fortress Noble Phantasm has been partially sealed. He is limited only to the Salon of Apollo, the royal opera, and some mystic codes associated with French nobility.

Mon dieu! Napoleon's cannons!

Bond Level 6

True Identity

Caster’s True Identity is King Louis XIV, King of France who defended his realm against Spanish invaders and has the distinction of being the longest reigning monarch in known history. His goal in life was to ascend normal kingship and become le Roi Soleil, with his beloved France as the center of the universe and the rest of the world orbiting it.

Summoned with the Lily alteration to his Saint-Graph, Caster’s younger self is more fixated on the childish notion of becoming the actual sun than being a metaphorical one. At this immature stage in life he prefers to go by ‘Lou’ or ‘Apollou’. It was during these younger years where he was the most active in the arts, his favourite being the ballet. He even performed to the nobles he pacified within Versailles, debuting in the role of Apollo himself at age fourteen.

Bond Level 7

Personality

Caster comes off as naive, shortsighted and unaware of his own limits. One could accurately describe his personality as a ‘chuunibyou’ who believes he is the actual reincarnation of Apollo. His melodramatic persona betrays a real maturity held deep within, appropriate for a king. Perhaps he desires to escape the responsibility of kingship? Or maybe he is using his position as king to live out his childish fantasies?

Having dressed as his favourite mythological figure before he has taken to cosplay in the modern era. Late at night he can be found bent over a laptop, going through frames of whatever anime has taken his fancy with a sketchpad in hand. Surrounded by other legendary heroes, he will occasionally cosplay as them as well.

Bond Level 8

Quotes

“Bonjour, mon maître. I am Caster, le Roi Soleil, King Louis XIV. May my radiance grace the battles yet to come. You can call me ‘Apollou’.”
    (to Marie Antoinette) “Radiant Crystal Princess, it is my pleasure. I hope you found my residence accommodating?”

(to Napoleon Bonaparte) “...Aw, I see now. It seems I wasn’t the only one with delusions of Grandeur. Apollo for me, Iskandar for you. Nice fit, by the way.”

(to Ame no Uzume) “Wait, hold on, you dance…and the sun rises? Hey, that’s my bit!”

(to Paris) “Oh wow, you have a nice outfit. May I copy it?...Oh…I see…he chose you as his vessel.”

Bond Level 9

Craft Essence

The King, Endlessly Turning

“The King rotates with the Sun,
    The Sun rotates with the King.
    Who is in charge of who? No one can really say.
    I wonder what would happen if either of us stopped?”

Author’s Notes

I'll be the roundabout
    The words will make you out 'n' out
    I spend the day your way
    Call it morning driving thru the sound and in and out the valley

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...Oh boy, this'll be awkward...

Blog Entries
    you see I knew someone else would go for Louis XIV so I intentionally rushed my sheet out to undertcut the competition!

Balls in your court

Blog Entries
    Haha, that's the thing, Nitty.
    I'm not going for Louis.

Blog Entries
    oh noooooo

still, pits to the other poor sod that eyed him

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Haha, that's the thing, Nitty.
    I'm not going for Louis.
    He's Jean-Baptiste Lully right?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The main thing I know about Lully is the fairly memorable way he died
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    ...louis fired him for being gay...

Blog Entries
    Don't you just hate it when you meet a kid version of your friend/"friend" before your relationship went to shit?

Blog Entries
    louis: "you are no longee invited to my extremely manly ballet because you are a homosexual"

lully: "i will now die of cringe"

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lully smashed his toe by conducting too vigorously and died of the subsequent infection
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Lully smashed his toe by conducting too vigorously and died of the subsequent infection
    Oh My Fucking God. Though apparently this was because he refused to have the infected leg amputated so he could still dance, which is pretty metal actually.

Still though, this is like Mebd and being brained by fucking cheese levels of hilarity.

Servant Sheet Compilation
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

Blog Entries
    I speak the name of the Destroyer.

I who have fed the serpent that rests upon his neck.

I who have sat in awe of the adorning Moon resting on his head.

I who have received a blessing of the Flowing Ganga from him.

I who have seen what his third eye saw.

I speak in the tongue of the boy who lived past Death.

I live because of the benevolence of the Destroyer.

I learn because of the fury of the Destroyer.

I have survived the Mahāpralaya and traveled to the World Anew by the wisdom of the Creator.

I sing the praise of the Trinity. And their infinite graces.

I shall now dance as the Destroyer has taught me.

True Name: Bhargava Markandeya, Dancer of the Tandava
    Aliases: The Rishi of the End, The Sage of Dusks, The Disciple of the Destroyer
    Source: Markandeya Purana

Class: Berserker
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Place of Origin: India

Strength: B
    Endurance: C-
    Agility: A+
    Mana: B-
    LCK: A+
    NP: A

Likes: Lord Shiva, The River Ganga, the Purana genre (Especially the Shiva Purana), Wisdom, The Dance, The End of all Things
    Dislikes: Death, Eternity without Purpose, Immortality without Life, Secular Desires, Lingering Grudges, Offenses against Lord Shiva, Nooses
    Talent: Reciting any scripture of the Purana genre from memory, Worshiping Shiva and his family through Vaishnavism, Dancing
    Natural Enemy: Lord Yama
    Attribute: Earth
    Armament: The Cosmic Dance of Tandava

Lore

All Things Must End
    All things must End. There is no debate. There is no suggestion. It is simply thus. This is a part of Brahman.

Why is beauty beautiful? Why is a flower beautiful? Why is a vibrant world beautiful?

It is because they end.

It is because only so few can ever lay their eyes upon these things.

As few as seven to eight to nine billion pairs of eyes could ever witness such things.

The World is beautiful.

Therefore, the World must End.

… Why? You ask why must the World End?

Because it is inevitable.

For it is by decree of the Trimurti that the World must End.

Such is the Law of Dharma.

… Again why? Why is Dharma defined as such?

Fool. It is akin to explaining why do we breathe. Why do we eat? Why do we Live?

Why do we Dance?

It simply is.

It is intrinsic to our Soul.

It is omnipresent in all things.

Even when it Ends, it will remain long after the fact.

So do not despair. There is no meaning in your tears.

For the Trimurti knows where all shall go.

And where you will go after your End.

Beauty. Souls. Kingdoms. Gods. The World.

All have been accounted for, the never-ending Yuga Cycle of all things is known.

And soon…

The Kali Yuga will be upon us.

And it is my duty, my Dharma to herald its End.

To announce the Destruction of All Things.

To make way for the Nataraja to begin his divine Dance.

And prepare this World for Mahapralaya.

Me?

Am I exempt from the Destroyer’s Dance?

No. I am not.

But I will return.

You as well.

Along with the Universe Born Anew.

For I have walked between the Cosmos and understand the Yuga Dharma of the New World.

… A lesson?

Very well. Now listen well.

To worship the Destroyer means to worship the End of all Things.

To worship the Lord of Dance means to worship the Rebirth of all Things.

To worship the Death Beyond means to worship the Transience of all Things.

Thus, when two worshipers of the Auspicious One ask for a blessing of a child, what will be the Dharma of this child?

“To give my Life for Lord Shiva, however short it may be.”

“To dance each and every day for Lord Shiva, however tiring it may be.”

“To possess wisdom that transcends even Death, however fleeting it may be.”

That is the price that must be paid for a child that held blessings unfit for them.

It is a Life granted by Lord Shiva regardless. Therefore, the two now-parents revered their merciful god.

And for the child?

There was only veneration and devotion for the Destroyer.

Such a Life was a peaceful one, ironic enough.

Each day the boy danced. Each day the boy devoted heart and soul. Each day the boy praised the Lord of Dance.

Until the promised day came.

With a short Life came a short Death.

The Lord of Death, Lord Yama came to take the boy as was his Dharma.

But the boy refused to go.

For if he is to die now, how could he continue worshiping the Death Beyond?

Such devotion scared even the Lord of Death’s messengers, but such zealotry did nothing to deter the inevitability of Death.

Only a noose was enough for the boy.

The boy held firm in the face of Death. He knew nothing else except the Destroyer.

And it was the Destroyer who had delivered him.

For Lord Shiva appeared before him.

Lord Shiva had then killed Death and proclaimed the boy as his most devoted follower.

It was on that day that the Lord of Dance was named Kalantaka.

It would not do for Kalantaka’s most devoted to die after just saving them.

Thus…

The boy is to be given eternal Life, dedicated to eternal worship.

Granted a single change to his Dharma.

“Announce my arrival at the End of every Era.”

“So that I may Dance the Old World into Pralaya.”

“So that I may then create the New World anew.”

To be given such a noble cause…

To a lesser man, they would recoil in shock.

To the boy…

You are speaking with him now.

I have spent countless Yugas performing Lord Shiva’s Will.

Perpetuating this eternal Dharma.

To witness the End. To walk between the Old and the New. To bear witness to the birth of a Universe.

To announce the end of the Yuga.

And yet I never grow tired of this divine task.

For the sake of Lord Shiva, I shall perform my Dharma.

Until the Day of Brahma comes to an end.

Until the Sveta Kalpa has reached its conclusion.

Until the Great Creator perishes.

I shall remain in motion.

I shall continue my journey.

I shall cleanse the World of all Stagnation and Evil.

And I shall Dance.

Until this body can Dance no more.

Class Skills

"My life is Lord Shiva's. I shall take whatever means necessary to see his Will through."

Madness Enhancement A+
    This one’s name is Bhargava Markandeya. Their station stands as one of the immortal eight Chiranjivi, the eternal sages who shall forever live to see the End of the
    Epoch
    World
    . He is eternally blessed by Lord Shiva to administer the Dance to signal the End. This holy Covenant is what drives his Dharma, his sole purpose in the Universe. It is his way of life as a Devotee of Shiva. His unbreakable conviction befits his status stemming from the clan of Bhrigu. His thoughts are as immovable as the Remover of Obstacles. His Dance shall be done. Parashurama shall reemerge by His Dance. The Tenth Avatar shall come forth and the Great Dissolution shall begin.

"This body was granted to me by Lord Shiva. For that, I am eternally grateful to him."

Divinity B
    As all things originated from the Creator, so too did the Destroyer. By the pleading of a great sage, the Destroyer provided a choice to them: A virtuous son or one hundred fools. A choice was made and along with it, a pact with the End was sealed. A sliver of Destruction was granted in the form of a child, whose life had belonged from and will forever belong to the Destroyer. A child who was rescued from the fate of a life shortened by their Nature. A Sage who has seen the after end of the Infinite. An Immortal who shall dance praise of the Ender for the rest of the infinite. He who shall dance down the path of the Rudra whose mere presence signals Kalpa’s End.

"I walk the Gap between Worlds. Between the Beginning and End of Creation. Once the time has come, Lord Shiva shall await for my portending."

At the Boundary A
    It was on that day that his executioner, Yama was defeated. It was on that day that Death learned what Fear was. It was on that day that the Destroyer earned the moniker of Kalantaka, the Ender of Time and Death. It was on that day that the Sage was blessed and given his charge: To appear from the void at the Ends of Days. To witness the destruction of the World. To watch its creation by the Supreme. To build temples to the Mahadeva. To raise His riding Bulls. To nurture the flag of Garuda. To carve a cleansing lake in His name. Death shall never take him for Kalakala forbids it. For the Sage walks upon the Boundary between Worlds. Sambhavami Yuge Yuge.

Personal Skills

"Lord Shiva watches over me with his Third Eye. May his Judgement be swift and merciful."

Affection of the Chief God A+
    There have been many before him who were blessed by the Destroyer. They were named Nayanars. They were named Bhakti. They were named Bhagavats. They were named Alvars. All such souls have worshiped Lord Shiva and have been blessed by Him in return, yet there was none who were blessed and protected as the Sage of the End. Through his ceaseless reverence and sacrifice, Lord Shiva was so moved to bear his anger against and triumph over Death himself. He expected no reward for his faith, as the mere act of worshiping was reward enough. In return for his devotion, he was tasked with the greatest duty: To bring about the End of the Cycle.

"I am of Shiva's Disciples. I am one of his Beloved. I am the one who wanders Eternity."

Protection of the Faith A+++
    A follower of Shaivism to the letter. An existence that can no longer be considered anything else other than “Whose Dharma dedicates to Lord Shiva.” An Origin of Zealotry. A Sage who has offered their mind, body, and soul as tribute to the Great Dancer, the Eternal Destroyer, The Roarer, The Ender of Death. An absoluteness that manifests in its entirety from their fanatic resolve for their Savior. If Lord Shiva has granted him blessings of the highest order, then he shall see it fit to morph and distort his own corpus to ready it to receive this blessing. A small price to pay in gratitude for the Destroyer’s infinite generosity. A blessing originating from within must become equal to the blessing originating from without, he believes. Abhayamudra.

"This body of mine... The specter of Lord Yama lingers behind my every step. Like a cucumber from its stem, might I be freed from death, not from deathlessness."

Natural Body B--
    An immortal body crafted and blessed by the God of Destruction, destined to be taken by the God of Death. To this day, Lord Yama seeks to take what was promised by Fate, held back only by the Hymn of the Kalari, the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra. Cursed, but never deterred as Eons pass. Through the Ages, once determined to be a sixteenth year, the Messengers of Death shall come as per their Dharma. Through the Ages, they shall be beaten back by Lord Shiva’s grace. Through the Ages, Lord Yama will strengthen his resolve and attempt to perform his duty. Through the Ages, without fail, Kalinjar shall End Death forevermore. There will come a day where Death shall succeed. That day will be Brahmapralaya.

Noble Phantasm

For He is the Destroyer

Srishti. Sthiti. Samhara. Tirodhana. Anugraha. For He is the Destroyer. For He is the Dancer. For He is the Ender. For it is time for all to receive Moksha. For it is time for the End of Pralaya. For it is time for the Last Dance.

Maha Shivaratri
    Tāṇḍava Natyam

Type: Anti-World

Creation. Preservation. Destruction. Illusion. Release.

The Great Night of Shiva.

The Anniversary of the Union between Shiva and Parvati.

The Kathakali of the Heavenly Dance.

The festival of this auspicious time is dedicated to not only Shiva the God of Destruction, but also Nataraja the Lord of Dancers. A celebration dedicated to overcoming Evil and Ignorance. A remembrance of ethics and virtues. An embracing of Lord Shiva’s tenants of self-improvement through his lessons…

But for Berserker, it is the means of performing Lord Shiva’s Will.

The Path of the Rudra Astra.

The Steps leading to the Great Cataclysm.

The Performance at World’s End.

On his first step on the World, the Festival has already begun. The Beginning of the Rudra Astra. The Kalpa of Destruction.

The Tāṇḍavam has been described within the Natya Shastra to allow the Destroyer to manipulate and emulate the five principles of eternal energy: Srishti, Sthiti, Samhara, Tirodhana, and Anugraha.

Creation, Preservation, Destruction, Illusion, and Release.

For Berserker, he has only been blessed to perform only Samhara. For that is all that is required of him. Chanting prayers and hymns praising the Ender of Time and Death all the while.

For this is the Dance of Cycle’s End.

With each step taken, the skies darken. With each movement made, a star falls. With each jaunt, the earth trembles. For he is the Disciple of the Destroyer. For he is an Avatar of Shiva.

A blue fire of dissolution waves as his feet touch the ground. The breath of the King of Serpents, Shesha batters the winds as he exhales his own. The very textures of the World shall turn to ashes as the Dance continues unhindered. Until all of that is considered the World is burned away by Shiva’s Absolution.

The Lord of Dance cannot be stopped now. Even if the skies fall and the land is ripped from beneath him, Berserker will continue dancing on with Nataraja’s blessing. Even as Lord Yama stares him down, his legs will still move. Even as his limbs are shattered, they shall still move. Even as his mind loses itself to the Dance, he shall still move.

Even as the World ends, Berserker shall still move.

But this is not a time for grief. No, for the Maha Shivaratri is a festival.

And festivals are meant to be enjoyed.

Joy. Ecstasy. Revelry. Love. Revelation. At the sight of the End, one should feel nothing but elation.

For Lord Nataraja dances among them.

There is no need for battle for this is a Dance. There is no need for conflict for all are united in the Dance. There is no need for tears for this is the Dance.

And a Dance must be performed until the very end.

At the cusp of Mahāpralaya.

Where all shall rejoin the Destroyer as Moksha awaits them at Dance’s End.

Where the Tandava shall continue on and on until… nothing remains. Nothing except for the Disciple of the Destroyer.

Where he shall then continue forward to the next Universe created by Lord Brahma to continue the Path of Rudra.

As Lord Shiva wills it.

Personality
    Straightforward. Artistic. Devoted. Zealous. Succinct. An extension of Lord Shiva.

He is the Last Dancer. He is one of the Chiranjivi. He is a rishi born of the Bhrigu. He is the Tandava personified. All other nominations that do not relate to Lord Shiva are useless to him. Lord Shiva has granted him this Eternity and he intends to make the most of it. For Eons and Aeons.

His mind is warped by his devotion and eternal lifetime, to the point of obsessive Zealotry. Conversation will hardly involve anything excluding Lord Shiva, but he knows better than to insult the Destroyer’s family. He would rather offer his heart than to even imply a slight against Lady Parvati. Prayers plenty to the one that dares insult the Destroyer in their presence.

Of course he is a Sage. Of course he is capable of teaching. Of course he is wise and knowledgeable of all things as expected of a Sage, showing the most affinity to those favored by Lord Shiva. However… It is difficult to ask for anything that does not at least tangentially relate to Lord Shiva. Perhaps you may ask him about his experiences with Lord Vishnu or Lord Brahma, but… Berserker possesses the Sin of Bias in full force…

That is not to say he is incapable of being pleasant. It is just… an exercise in patience. If one were to sneak past the Bias and feeling of an impassable distance, then one can discover a creative and wise individual worthy of being called a Rishi. Assuming that one does have the patience to match an immortal sage…

Relationships

Shiva
    Immediately begins to recite the Shri Rudram Shamakam, praising Lord Shiva and his infinite epithets.
    It is pointless to assume anything other than blind worship and bottomless gratitude.

Parvati
    Immediately begins to dance the Lasya in devotion to the partner of Lord Shiva.

It is pointless to assume anything other than blind worship and bottomless gratitude.

Arjuna
    Son of Kuru. Scion of the Pandavas. Endowed Hero of the Gods. Use this Disciple of Shiva as you see fit. Though never equal to Lord Shiva’s Raised Hand, I shall perform my duties as either Advisor or Dancer as you see fit.
    Even the wise Rishi can recognise those favored by Shiva. If there comes a time where the two meet, then most assuredly, this must the will of the Gods.

Karna
    I kneel to the Son of Surya. The Hero of Charity. The- What? Lord Karna, what is the meaning of this? My servitude is wasted on you? That is not true! I- My true nature? Lord Karna. Very well. I shall meditate on your words.

His veneration is never needed to the Hero of Charity. Such humble stature confuses the Sage, but knowing Lord Karna’s leanings, he relents.

Rama
    Avatar of Lord Vishnu, I came to bestow aid in Lord Shiva’s name. Sadly, I cannot impart arms as did Vishvamitra as I possess only the Dance. Nevertheless, I shall stand by your side as does Lord Shiva.

His worship extends to the Trimurti, that much can be inferred. The wisdom of the Sage of the End can be much appreciated by a person like Lord Rama. To aid this legendary hero in destroying the foe blessed by Lord Shiva shall be a great tribulation indeed.

Ravana
    False worshiper. Unworthy of his power. Be cleansed by Lord Shiva’s Dance.

In the eyes of those who worship the Gods, this shall be a battle of cosmic proportions. To others… It is merely a contest of who is the better worshiper of Lord Shiva.

Sita
    Lady Sita. I come in Lord Shiva’s name. I have heard the circumstances and sympathize with you. A mere movement of Lord Shiva’s dance shall- No? It is too much of a solution? Very well. Then I shall accompany you until the time of your reunion.

Barring mention of the Curse, the Sage is respectful to the Avatar of Lakshmi. His station as a Sage is always treasured for his input and skills.

Ashwatthama
    Lord Shiva! Your servant is here to dedicate his life in your hands! What manner of Destruction must be done this day? What? You are… not Lord Shiva? You are… like myself?

The tale of Drona the Hero is known to all. At the end of his story began the story of Lord Ashwatthama at Lord Shiva’s blessing. A sense of kindredness is formed.

Ganesha
    Yes, Lady Ganesha. Here is the platter of your favorite chips and soda. Yes, Lady Ganesha. I have provided you with freshly made snacks befitting a virtual competitor of your skill. Yes, Lady Ganesha. I shall do everything in my power to ensure your comfort.

An enabler to the highest extent to the progeny of Shiva. He acts as though he is their doting grandfather. Seeing no wrong and all rights in their grandchildren.

Lakshmibai
    Lady Alakshmi, Lord Shiva has sent me to render aid however you see fit- A rock has hit my head…? An apology? No no, Lady Alakshmi. There is no need for that- A boulder!?

Though a shadow of the Goddess Lakshmi, she is nevertheless a goddess of the Tridevi. As a devout worshiper, no amount of misfortune will shake his faith.

Arjuna Alter
    Lord Shiva, I am here! Your Will shall be done in accordance with your Dharma!

It is hard, if downright impossible for the Sage of the End to distinguish the difference before him. He does not see Arjuna anymore. Only the Avatar of Shiva himself.

Kama
    Lord Kama. Lord Shiva’s judgment is absolute. If you intend on vengeance against the Will of Shiva, then the Dance shall await you once more.

The Sage understands well the anecdote of Ananga. However… It was a necessary sacrifice for the birth of Kartikeya. He does not see the need to acknowledge the nuance of the tale. It was Kamadeva’s Fate to be incinerated. As all things must be.

Vritra
    Serpent of Extremities. Asura of Obstacles. Foe of Lord Indra. Dragon of Drought. Do you stand against Lord Shiva’s duties? Or will you assist in the Dance?

An unstoppable obstacle dedicated to being an antagonist, opposing all things as counterbalance. Creation, Preservation, Destruction. Her whims are hard to discern. To prevent the End or perpetuate it? The Wise Sage cannot tell.

Kalakaua
    A dance of communication? But of course. A fool knows best how to dance so freely as the words of joy and unity he speaks.

Even the Sage who dances the End can recognize the purest expression of skill and happiness in the dance of the foolish.

Miriam the Prophetess
    Dancer of Genesis. Your watery steps are those of Brahma. And yet… it is also one of Shiva’s. Show me your conviction to break free of Samsara and I shall discern whether your Dance is worthy to match the Dance of Shiva.

Tasked with the same charge, the Dancer of Seas has met the Dancer of Ends. Surely, this must be the work of the Trimurti. He sees the woman worthy of her Station over the Seas. For they are the same. Dancers who have connected between worlds.

Kali
    ... Srishti. Sthiti. Samhara. Tirodhana. Anugraha. For this Dance is dedicated to Lord Shiva. For this Dance is dedicated to Lady Parvati. For this Dance is dedicated to Lady Kali.

If the Gods desire a dance, then the Dancer of the Tandava is plenty prepared to fulfill their request. All that must be done is the joining of hands so that the Cosmic Dance of Shakti and Shiva may begin.

Ame-no-Uzume
    I greet the Goddess of Dawns. I stand before you as the Sage of Dusks. The dark is not something to be fearful of for Lord Shiva protects all.

Conversations between Berserker and figures who hold no interest to him usually lack much substance, but topics regarding the creation and destruction of the Universe would rouse his words. A topic he has plenty experience and knowledge over.

Tatmanat
    ... I offer my hand to not a ruler nor a demigod, but to a dancer. Shall I share this dance? Should my divinity not repulse you.

The troubles of a lastborn can never be understood by a firstborn, especially an onlyborn. However, a Berserker possesses the means to understand another Berserker. If anything, a dance that signifies the End is one both of them can understand.

Ame-no-Uzume?
    You… Girl. Your existence recognizes me and I in turn recognize yours. You have become a Destroyer in the end, I see. A fantastical, imaginary journey to many; but I acknowledge and applaud your perseverance. You have performed well for your Dharma.

The Dancer recognizes the Girl who embodies Hope. He has witnessed her from the Gap between Worlds, destroying those very same worlds he was tasked in doing. He ponders whether or not to induct her as a Disciple of Shiva like himself.

Tilottama
    Lady Tilottama, a servant of Lord Shiva kneels before you.

Berserker does his best to keep his eyes shut, lest he fall victim to the Aspara. A thought occurs to him that Lord Shiva has seen her, therefore why not him also? Wisely or perhaps Lady Parvati whispered a warning in his ear, he kept his eyes closed. Such mysteries elude even the Sage.

King Louis XIV
    I sense Lord Surya… But I see a young dancer before me. What is this…? His dance is one of Brahman itself? No… the abode of Lord Shiva!? How could this be!? Lord Shiva?!

Before the Sage dances a youth who declared himself the Center of the Universe. Before the Disciple’s very eyes, he feels as though he stands atop Mount Kailash and Mount Meru at the same time. Could it be that… this young boy was an Avatar of Shiva?

Walpurga
    Two forms… missing their third. I greet you, Priestess. I greet you, Witch. I greet you… Crone… Do you not hear her heartbeat? Lord Shiva has sent me to assist you. This Eternal Party now must End.

All things must End. This is a part of Brahman. And a Heart that beats forever must beat no more in due time.

Beast
    Heart
    of Repression

An Evil of Man beats within us all. A Sin that we all have forced within ourselves and locked away in our hearts. The Dance will force it out. This shall be the Final Dance.

Beating...
    Snakes... Just like that of the Nagaraja... Along with the Stench of Death. The Grudges of the Dead. Naraka... Has Lord Yama conspired with you?

Bond Essence

A Lingam
    This small shrine… It is the Beginning of my Journey. Had the noose not fallen on it, I wonder where I would be in the Netherworld. I hope it would be in Patala. I desire to feed Vasuki.
    Hm? You are surprised to see this energy from me? Of course. I am not a caricature of myself being a fanatic zealot, despite being what you call a Servant. Like the Eternal Energies, all things come in many forms. Lord Shiva is no exception.
    Though my mind is fixated in the veneration of the Destroyer, there is so much more to him than that. He is a Husband. He is a Dancer. He is an Artist. He is a Lord. He is the Universe. He is the World. He is…
    People… are like Lord Shiva. We can be happy. We can be sad. We can be worried. We can be angry. For Lord Shiva, his anger can be especially fiery. Haha.
    What I mean to say is… a person can be as multifaceted as the Gods. We and our emotions and our personalities come in many forms.
    Our faces are infinite, but sometimes Three is just enough for most.
    Do not linger and stagnate on one interpretation. The single interpretation of the dance, of the God, of the Person.
    The End is likewise. There are many types of the End of the Mahāpralaya.
    Why not make it a Dance?
    Shiva is not my whole life, I am trying to say.
    I am still a Sage after all.
    I am still a Chiranjivi after all.
    I am still a Dancer after all.
    Om Namah Shivaya.

AN:

This has been on the back burner for a looooong time and I wanted to share my pain from fighting Shiva and his family in SMT:V with all of you. This was supposed to come out along with Walpurga for the "Festival" prompt, but I got bored of my own mediocrity and took a sabbath. I felt something at one point and tried to hype myself up at the Guess-A-Servant thread with the Waver pic, but again. Mediocrity from my own self kinda just killed my creative vibes. And then Draco announced the prompt. So yeah. Here ya go. The product of listening to Battle -Destruction- on repeat for the past two days while doing interpretive dancing to draw inspiration from the Cosmos and the copious amount of burning incense. My nose can still smell the fragrant smokes. Thanks, Draco for this prompt. You saved this sheet from Absolute Destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    Do Shiva in his Nataraja form.
    Aight, Nines. Bet. This sheet is my answer to that.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoScribe View Post
    So ceremonial dances work too.
    Quote Originally Posted by DracoScribe View Post
    As long as the end product is "used to perform" and not "used for combat". As I said in the prompt, "I want more dancers, okay!" no fight fight, yes dance dance
    AIGHT, DRACO. BET. THIS SHEET IS FOR YOU. BERSERKER IS TECHNICALLY NOT A FIGHTER AND THE TANDAVA IS TECHNICALLY A CEREMONIAL DANCE. It's just a Dance that doesn't have an afterparty, but STILL A DANCE. MUAHAHAHAHA.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Magnus View Post
    True Name: Kali
    MAGNUS. YOU HINDU SNIPING BEAUTY. YOU AND ME. DANCE FLOOR. OUR DUET SHALL BE DIVINE.

Quote Originally Posted by FarewellToMrA View Post
    True Name: Tatmanat
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt Pillar View Post
    [*]True Name: Miriam the Prophetess
    AYO. AYOOOO. MY SCHTICK OF "Dancer who announces the End/Genesis" KEEPS GETTING SNIPED. AYOOOOO. Anymore I'm going to have to make us a Servant dancing crew named the "Terpsi Corps". Wait... was this Draco's plan all along!?

Last edited by SimpleScribe; February 6th, 2023 at 09:00 PM.