Page 112 of 367 FirstFirst ... 1262102107110111112113114117122162212 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 7337

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Well, the prompt does note that being a dreamer isn't necessarily always a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Guys, please consider that maybe Servant Hitler wasn't the most tactful choice [...]
    Not really my point, Royd.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Well, the prompt does note that being a dreamer isn't necessarily always a good thing. And there's been a bunch of Servant Hitler sheets in the other thread, plus horrible people as Heroic Spirits is nothing new to the franchise (hello, rapist child-murdering Satanist Gilles de Rais). In general I don't have a problem with that sort of thing, since it's not like the sheet's really glorifying Hitler or depicting him as an awesome guy.
    how would hitler react to saver anne frank
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I understand when somebody has the emotional response of "that is wrong", but I disagree with the notion that he should not be allowed.
    He fits the prompt and i integrated in the sheet several times that it was a dream, a disgusting one, but still a dream.

Before i started working on him for real i looked through the Forum for other sheets of him and comments.
    I saw sheets that even stated he became handsome as a heroic spirit, a few gave him the Longinus Lance - literally the lance that stabbed the king of jews was granted to the infamous jew killer. And there was a literal muscular summer hitler in a bathing suit attacking with his submarines and one that turned him into a cute painting anime loli. Aside from him we have sheets for Mao, Mussolini, Stalin and Marx with not much outcry after them. And like Royd said we have Gilles, we have Columbus, Vlad and jack the ripper.

I did not depict this monster in any way heroic, the only mention of "heroic" was to say that he doesnt look heroic at all. I even avoided using the word "Saint Graph" for my idea of using his underlings as tools, just "cores".
    In the end it is up to asterism and I personally think BnEl to decide if my contribution is valid, but if it is not, then be consistent and state somewhere which persons are not allowed to be made a servant.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    like i said earlier i have given my self the taboo to make any servants that are related to the two wars .

- - - Updated - - -

but in any case Delray im not mad at you that you made this choice i was just shocked . and it were really a bit unsettling .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NittyGritty View Post
    The Stingiest Man in Town
    And to not let the discussion overshadow other sheets, lets talk about Rider

Oh look its Erich from my Florence sheet
    I like the idea of his multiple personalities in one body, usually in Fate we get two seperate character for that. For his time skill i wouldve added the sideeffect on Independent Manifestation that lowers the success of instant kill effects as I think that wouldnt really work on him.
    You dont have a servant compendium so i cant confirm, but you regularly use yugioh cards as pictures right?
    I personally dont like that it is Thanatos. He is from the Greek Sphere and i think an irish/welsh or even nordic underworld god couldve fit here to the same effect. But that is my personal love for mythology concentrated on the gods.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    As I expected, we start off strongly.

Hitler: I've seen my share of sheets about this dude, but this is the first time I've seen this interpretation - which I quite like. A very well-thought sheet, some amazing craftsmanship in the writing department and overall a very very fun read. I can understand why this figure in particular is so controversial in regards to this prompt (but since I'm neither Asterism nor the prompt's author, I cannot comment any further on that), but if only for the content value it's a solid entry.

Scrooge: Ah yes, someone I wasn't expecting at all in this month, but a welcomed sight nonetheless! I loved the way you described this Noble Phantasm in particular, it's quite a sight. And I particularly adore when a Servant has multiple personalities - especially when they are conflicting. I can imagine the whiplash that dealing with these two opposite "people" can cause on a Master's psyche. But seriously, what an interesting Servant you've made here, very good entry as well.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'll let Hitler go this time, but I'm gonna add a soft rule to the contest in general: No Nazis please

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe someday, but not now. Certainly not while some of the people affected are still alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'll let Hitler go this time, but I'm gonna add a soft rule to the contest in general: No Nazis please
    Dully noted!

I'm almost tempted to go through this entire thread to see what other soft rules are out there, because I remember breaking one of them with my prompt. (I'M SO SORRY I HAD TO TROUBLE YOU LIKE THAT, ASTERISM.)
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Dully noted!

I'm almost tempted to go through this entire thread to see what other soft rules are out there, because I remember breaking one of them with my prompt. (I'M SO SORRY I HAD TO TROUBLE YOU LIKE THAT, ASTERISM.)
    Dont be to hard with yourself Howaito ! do you have perhaps also a servant in making you could contribute here ?

Blog Entries
    Thank you all for your kind feedback. Give the season and the prompt I jumped at the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    And to not let the discussion overshadow other sheets, lets talk about Rider

Oh look its Erich from my Florence sheet
    I like the idea of his multiple personalities in one body, usually in Fate we get two seperate character for that. For his time skill i wouldve added the sideeffect on Independent Manifestation that lowers the success of instant kill effects as I think that wouldnt really work on him.
    You dont have a servant compendium so i cant confirm, but you regularly use yugioh cards as pictures right?
    I personally dont like that it is Thanatos. He is from the Greek Sphere and i think an irish/welsh or even nordic underworld god couldve fit here to the same effect. But that is my personal love for mythology concentrated on the gods.
    My reasoning:

Whatever Pre-Mycenean Death Spirit that came before Thanatos > Thanatos > Pale Horseman > Death/Grim Reaper > Ghost of Christmas Future

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Dont be to hard with yourself Howaito ! do you have perhaps also a servant in making you could contribute here ?
    I do actually. Good thing you've asked.

“Servant, Alter Ego. True name… Ah, well, but isn’t the only true wisdom knowing you know nothing? We have time for these stuffing social customs later. For now, take me to your Library, Master! I want to see what was written in these 420 years I wasn’t here!”

Alter Ego
    THE BEAUTIFUL SCHOLAR

Class: Alter Ego
    Other Classes: Caster
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Place of Origin: Central America

Height: 149 cm | 4'10''
    Weight: 36 kg | 79,3 lbs

Natural Enemy: Her own limitations
    Attribute: Human
    Traits: Humanoid, Servant, Female, Weak to Enuma Elish

STRENGTH: E

ENDURANCE: C

AGILITY: C

MANA: B

LUCK: B

NP: B+

Class Skills

Magic Resistance: B+

One of the effects of the divine protection granted by the Muses, deities associated with the god Apollo, is an elevated Magic Resistance rank, especially to magecraft aimed to confuse or dull the senses (illusions, Charm spells and so on).

Item Construction: C~A

Her Item Construction ability is still of the average level because she overspecialized in the crafting of written goods—marvelous studies, harsh critique pieces, breathtaking poetry, even dabbing into fanfic writing in her spare time—and ended up ignoring all the rest.

Under dire circumstances, with proper soul put into it, she may try to branch out to other activities, but for now she indeed suffers from a crippling overspecialization, even with the help of her Personal Skills.

Territory Creation: D

As per her experience with some amount of misfortune, “Anyway, a Study can be anywhere when you’re in the zone.” So, rather than the creation of a territory advantageous for a Servant or their Master, she merely creates a place where she can study and write and process her information in peace.

A Master would be advised to thread carefully in this wild and uncharted territory, for the many hazards found there are all dangerous—there are truly fearsome tales of innocent people dying after tripping over a pile of books she carelessly left somewhere in the room or by having a dusty, heavy tome falling over their heads!

Lore
    The first great Latin American poet, Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz, is still considered one of the most important literary figures of the American Hemisphere, and one of the first feminist writers. Dubbed “The Tenth Muse” during her life by her patrons, at the height of the 1600s she defended her right to be an intellectual, suggesting that women should be educated and educators and accusing men of being the cause of the very ills they blamed on women.

She was published in different parts of the world during her lifetime and enjoyed the reputation of being Mexico’s first Baroque poet, which earned her both praise and vicious misogynistic attacks; naturally, she was persecuted for being an intellectual and a woman, a nun and a writer who wrote quite freely and provocatively in that very Christian, male-oriented society.

——From a very early age, what she sought was a thing, one thing only: knowledge.

Listening to her siblings’ lessons, sneaking into the local Chapel’s library, even learning how to write and read by herself merely by watching her neighbors… She was a soul trapped in a desert called “a woman’s body”, eager for the only thing capable of patching her thirst. A thing that eluded her for most of her hours. But Juana was nothing if very determined, and never allowed her condition to dictate her limits.

Instead, she sought to better herself.

Learning by tutors, learning by life, learning by books——nothing was forbidden for her, everything was welcomed, everything was a new door. She dreamed of possibilities opening before her very eyes at every turn, dreamed of a paradise of understanding. The world became a brighter place whenever she expanded her views, even with the knowledge that she was the only one seeing the light, the ones around her still blindfolded in the dark, a perfect allegory of the Cave.

She grew up, bright and sharp and beautiful, and precisely because she was the personification of all the things that spoke of limitless potential and a larger-than-life purpose, people feared her. They wanted to make her “remember her place”; and so, they tried to test her. But Juana was nothing if very determined, and never allowed her condition to dictate her limits;

Instead, she blew them away by how knowledgeable she was.

The support that came from those astonished by her smarts—which even earned her a place by the side of the Vicereine in the court, a feat unthinkable for a low-bred individual like her—still was not enough. She was still “a woman” and was expected to eventually marry and settle down; to put down the pen, the book, and to instead hold a baby, her husband’s hand, a mediocre life made of boredom. A nightmare taken shape; she would never allow the world to bend her down, not like that. And so, longing to return to the safety of that Wonderland made of books, she took her destiny into her own hands, and did the only thing allowed to her at the time: she renounced everything, finding freedom in this liberation, and became a nun.

By offering her body and soul to God (if only in name), she found the quiet haven she could not have while being a court lady, a woman of the society; and so, she poured her soul into absorbing more knowledge, into creating and shaping something out of it—marvelous works, beautiful poems, papers that impressed many patrons, all of them eager for more, all of them under her bright spell.

For many decades, she lived contently nestled in her huge library, surrounded by her works, by the books that were her lovers, her father and mother, her siblings, her friends, her entire existence…

At the height of her career, she started to write critiques to many sermons from other priests, which quickly prompted the anger of the society as a whole. How dare a woman say this?, they shrieked, their ugly souls full of glee for finding the perfect excuse to torrment her. That condescending ire boiled Juana’s blood, sharpening her claws, heightening her hunger for their blood. Her patrons and her friends tried to tell her it was not worth it, that it was a lost battle, but Juana was nothing if very determined, and never allowed her condition to dictate her limits.

Instead, she fought back.

A last blaze of glory, a last stand in defense of women everywhere… But alas, as it was expected, the world was too great of an enemy against a single woman, and her arguments were systematically beaten down. Her books, confiscated. Her voice, taken. Her freedom, broken. Soon, she had nothing but the wreckage of her former days to remind her of better times. Nothing but her tears and her blood to remind her that she was still alive here.

—But Juana was nothing if very determined, and never allowed her condition to dictate her limits.

Instead, she kept shining.

A small, trembling flame fluttering in the wind, unable to win, but unable to give up; until the breath of a plague put an end to her endless light. She died as they expected: unsung, forgotten and downtrodden.

——But many centuries later, the Phoenix of Mexico rose again.

“Oh yeah, you’re still here. I forgot.”
    Ah... Well... There is also a Greek lyric poet somewhere around here too...? She, too, was called “The Tenth Muse,” a woman named Sappho, known as one of the most well-known LGBTQIA+ icons in History. Born as an aristocrat in the island of Lesbos, her school was devoted to the cult of Aphrodite and Eros, and Sappho earned great prominence as a dedicated teacher and poet.

They say she is greatly admired in all ages for the beauty of her writing style and she even ranks with Archilochus and Alcaeus, among other Greek poets, for her ability to impress readers with a lively sense of her personality. Rather than addressing the gods or recounting epic narratives such as those of Homer, her verses speak from one individual to another. They speak simply and directly to the “bittersweet” difficulties of love. But ultimately, the history of her poems is as speculative as that of her biography, so who cares. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Personal Skills

Rising Phoenix: B

Naturally, for a woman dubbed “The Phoenix of Mexico,” she dealt with the lows and highs of life with the same brand of mental fortitude, always rising to the occasion and never staying down even as the entire world tried to keep her forgotten and unsung.

As a Servant, such strength of character was sublimated into a Skill which allows her to remain undefeated, even at the brink of death—she is someone that does not know when to give up, too engrossed in the obsession that in order to gain even more knowledge, to be even better tomorrow than she is already today, she has to live. Even in the event of a fatal injury, as long as she sublimates it hard enough (“’Tis but a scratch.” “Scratch? Your arm’s off!”), there is the possibility of surviving even the most gruesome of fates. A Battle Continuation-like effect granted by the single-mindedness of her determination.

Protection of the Muses (True): EX

The quality of being favored by the goddesses of arts and creator or heroes, the Muses, by having an inordinately high aptitude in any of their artistic domains.

Both Juana Inés de la Cruz and Sappho were the only women in History called during their lives, “The Tenth Muse,” denoting such an artistry with their words that it was comparable to a type of magecraft in itself. Their words were powerful and piercing, capable of physically influencing in the fabric of life—to bring forth all sorts of reactions from the masses. As a Servant, this is a Skill that grants a “way with words,” be them spoken or written, so strong that is compared to a type of Fascination-like spell.

Furthermore, by the merit of merely possessing this Skill, plus modifiers are always applied to the exercise of every magecraft she performs that has to do with the manipulation or gathering of written knowledge.

From Here on: A

A full and instantaneous understanding of the enemy’s nature occurs after a successful battle. (i.e., Alter Ego must guarantee her survival and the purity of her mental capacities.)

Should these two conditions be met, by merely recording the enemy’s moveset and overall persona into her brain she can gather—through a multitude of angles, such as micro-analysis, retroactive learning and even intuition—its specifics. By working on the analysis of this data she can cross-reference it with her Noble Phantasm in order to search for a possible True Name and subsequent weaknesses. The longer she is able to observe an enemy, the more data she gathers and therefore, the chances of a successful analysis increases.

——However, this Rank only contemplates the amount of information one is capable of receiving after a successful disengagement, but does not ultimately account for safe retreat to friendly territory to analyze such data nor any other specifics.

Inherent Wisdom: A

Humbling herself to recognize that her successful intelligence was a 50/50 case, half the result of a natural-born genius being herself and half the actual effort put into studying and bettering herself every day, the original Parameter is slightly lowered. But even at this Rank, the inhuman capacity of processing an absurd amount of data in a small frame of time remains.

In theory, as long as she possesses this Skill, this Servant is capable of making use of most of Skills at the same Rank or bellow (Rank A), excluding those inherent to the body (such as Divinity) or those unique and particular to certain heroes… That is to say, it is what should happen... She does not really make use of this ability at all (save for the information process speed bonus), too busy with other things for that.

Noble Phantasm
    “Zero, the barren nothingness. One, the great spirit. Stars aligned by skill and by fighting, lives laid bare by the assembly of arguments: a silentio, ad consequentiam, ad logicam, ad novitatem, ad personam, ad numerum. All that is under the sun holds a mystery and the answer is ours to grasp. ——
    A Serene Repose Under Liberty
    Actus Reus

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 150m
    Max. number of targets: 1~2

A Noble Phantasm that wields the unmeasurable power contained in “knowledge.”

What appears to be merely an unremarkable mage’s tome is, actually, a digital-like terminal that contains a wide array of stored information about science, universe, magic, psionics, mechanics, technology, literature, history and whatever one thinks of, much like an Encyclopedia. All knowledge, magical or not, is placed inside this ever-expanding terminal that rivals even that what humans call “internet.” Whatever Alter Ego learns, what she sees, what she perceives and what she can gather from many fonts—Humanity, other Servants, facts, the Holy Grail itself, History, observation, collaborations, even common sense—becomes a part of this large collection. Information is power, and that is already a dangerous weapon in her hands.

But that is not the end of her abilities. As the Servant herself is the ultimate “point of view,” in constant passive absorption of new stimuli, therein lies both the strengths and the weaknesses of her Noble Phantasm. She is able to manipulate and even shape what is stored inside—such as determine that an ally could, for example, be given knowledge of an enemy’s weakness (proven that she can “comprehend” this weakness) or such as stipulating that an enemy is, for example, to forget how to wield their weapon (proven that it is an ability that she can “comprehend.”) Her intuitively fast mind is capable of working together with this Noble Phantasm to create a situation where she can essentially rewrite reality, creating her own established fact instead.

At the same time, because it is not a Noble Phantasm based on true Omniscience, precisely because she is “the ultimate point of view,” she can also be feed false information without knowing any better, and even replicate or make plans based on said false information to the benefit of a foe. Furthermore, knowledge does not equal skill or experience, and she is still expected to lose against a true master against their own craft. Even then, her ability is not fearsome in its sheer unpredictability, as much as it is in its infinite possibilities—and her imaginative capacity to reach those heights.

Personality
    >> Likes <<I love books! I love studying them, I love to get lost in their world, I love to flip a page knowing I became a little less ignorant about the world… If you hear someone say that they’re the number 1
    studious nerd
    gariben
    , know that they’re lying: I’M already that person!

>> Dislikes <<I dislike weak coffee and trivialities… Hmm, I’m also not a fan of milk or any gossips… Ah! But I hatehate HATE secrets and not knowing something. So never, ever, keep something from me, Master, it drives me crazy… I must know everything or else…!
    >> Wish for the Holy Grail <<I don’t wish to return to nothingness, because that is a void null of possibilities. It is merely “zero.” Instead, I want to return to “one,” to the skies where my soul traveled free of its earthly constraints, rising above the universe and taking in all the world’s knowledge. Billions and millions and thousands and hundreds of years worth of history, of memories… I want to know more, I want to be less ignorant. That is my answer and these are my feelings.

A cynical knowledge-freak, book-geek that dislikes too much social interaction, preferring to take things easy—unless that this “thing” is the prospect of learning something new, and at these times one will see her jumping head first at this opportunity without another thought spared. Alter Ego is pragmatic and no-nonsense, as shown in how she quickly decided to become a nun only to be left alone, never believing once in a Divine Power. She finds her home amongst books and old tomes, a bunch of crumpled papers in the floor and a head full of thoughts that she (sometimes) struggles to put in words, intentionally secluding herself from most interactions unless strictly needed (or unless there is something to gain from that, such as the opportunity to expand her knowledge in a certain topic.)

She’s the sort of people to shrug off any attempt of interpersonal connection, distrusting humans at their basic natures after a life of being talked down and disturbed by them, instead choosing to keep her nose in a book. In a class, she certainly would be that girl that sits the farthest away from everyone, at the last row.

Alter Ego has a rather confrontational and stubborn side to her, one that is ready to prove herself at any times. She dislikes being treated as a lesser person and although being one very humble about how she knows very little and can always improve, on the other side is rather prideful in her own abilities. If there’s so much she doesn’t know yet, what she already knows can be applied to the best of situations. She would describe herself as, “if not a contender for a Holy Grail War winner, at least I’d be in the Top 3, no questions.

But the truth is, she admires hard work and perseverance, and so anyone that shows traces of that are bound to interest her, even if a little. It is not as if she’ll approach this person by her own volition, but at least she is one to spare at least a glance at such a bright light, if only to remind herself that there are people out there struggling just as much as she is, and everyone is searching for something.

Since she is not very good with her own emotions—too busy chasing after knowledge to apply it to her own heart—she is someone that absolutely depends on someone else to bring her out of her shell. That is why she will always respect a Master that tries hard and never gives up on her, even after she exhausted every possible excuse to not interact with them. Incidentally, since she hates misunderstandings, she is one that is very quick to say she’s ultimately a support-type Servant, don’t go expecting grand things outta her… Though, if you ever bring a fighter to a battlefield, please also take her, because she may not be a fighter, but she sure as hell is an observer…

Anyway! One also has to know that Alter Ego loves to talk about things she knows, about things she thinks others would find interesting, about things that reminds her of that person… And that basically translates into her babbling about the most useless titbits of information—for those unable to see beyond what she represents, it may even sound like a condescending nerd “womansplaining” the most obvious facts. But even though that may bore some people, it’s the only way she finds to connect with others. It makes her happy to share with others that what makes her the happiest, that’s all.

——Oh yes, but she hates Sappho.

Like, for real.

And yet, her body? Sappho’s. The blessings that allows her to manifest the literary skills akin to a Muse? Sappho’s. The Saint Graph that holds a legend big enough to be manifested into a Servant body (and that luckily also shared the same nickname, which allowed their fusion in first place), since her own story is but a measly footnote in comparison? Sappho’s. It’s even by Sappho’s influence that she is indeed so lustful—for knowledge, of course.

But Juana (kind of) hates this silly dreamer that spends the entire day thinking of girls or ways to catch the attention of girls or poems she should be writing for girls… It’s like having a really annoying roommate that keeps interrupting your studies to ask for love advice, when you’re so clueless yourself about that.

(Worst of all, she also keeps teasing Juana about that little crush in their Master, huh. HUH. HUHHH. —A-and honestly, it’s not like that at all!)

Extra Content

Bond Lines
    Bond 1

Oh, good day Master. Close the door, yes? The light makes me squint, I hate it. ——Hmm? What I’m doing right now? I’m analyzing our latest data—good job on another mission complete, by the way—but there’s still so much to go through. I’m so busy! It’s so much fun! So, could you come by another time? …Well, if you brought me coffee before that, though, that would be darling.

Bond 2

What now? Can’t you see I’m busy? —*Sighs* Look, I’ll play a little with you after I finish this paper. But you have to behave like a good kid until I’m done, a’ight? Okay. Now, bye.

Bond 3

Thanks a bunch for the coff——Ah, it’s you! Wait, wait! Don’t go yet! I meant to ask you, Master… Is there something you want with this ol’ boring me? I tried to think about the reasons why you’d come to talk to me even though there’re around you other people far more interesting and outgoing, but frankly… Hmm, to be honest, I can’t come to any conclusion. And that’s driving me nuts! So, tell me, why do you keep coming back? I need to know the answer! —H-huh? You just want to be my friend!?

Bond 4

I, uhh… Do you mind if I keep reading this book? Don’t think bad of me, I still want you here, okay? I don’t want you to go. Just… Just stay here with me anyways, yes? I like it when we’re like that, just enjoying each other’s company, we don’t need to talk. You can read something too, how about that? I know you need a break more than anyone around here. —Here, I have the perfect book to help you to unwind. I’m sure you’ll love this story!

Bond 5

Master, Master? When you’re free again, may I interest you in a session of stargazing? I always wanted to do that with someone. I mean, I know so many things about the Universe—like, did you know space does not begin at a specific altitude above the Earth, but the Kármán line at 100km is a commonly used definition? Or that the SN-185 is called that because it was the year in the Julian Calendar that the Chinese first observed a supernova, describing it as a divine occurrence?—and yet, I never did something as simple as looking up at the sky, enjoying someone by my side. Don’t get me wrong, I love, loooove books! But they were always making me look downwards, not upwards… So, I dunno, maybe I want to do something different? What do you think? Care to prepare that coffee, that one only you can do, and come with me?

About other Servants
    Charles Babbage:

Mister Babbage is incredible. A kindred soul, I’m sure! It’s obvious that he maintains the high intellect he possessed in life, but now adorned with his ultimate dream, an impregnable defense. There is nothing to dislike about such a character! …Eh, that’s some high praise coming from me? What can I say, ‘
    render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s’, am I right?

Sherlock Holmes:

In the end, we’re the same. We’re travelers doomed to an eternal journey, for the answers will always elude us—there’s never “a last adventure,” there’s always more around the corner and that’s the beauty of this world… Or maybe, I’m the only the one who thinks like that? As a detective, I imagine, it must be rough… But, as for me, I’m in love with the journey as much as I’m with the destination.

Gilles de Rais:

Yes, yes… I must admit, I can respect someone that went to the last consequences, like that mister, in a journey for more knowledge… ——What? I don’t care if it’s something that can or cannot be proved! Or even if it’s something completely illegal! Knowledge is knowledge, you know? That’s the beautiful thing about it, it takes so many shapes!

Foreigner Servants:
    (Abigail Williams, Katsushika Hokusai, Yang Guifei, Mysterious Heroine XX, Voyager, Van Gogh)

Master, do you think that if I looked right into the eyes of the abyss, I’d come out, if not unscathed, a little more knowledgeable about our own natures as human beings? I’m itching to go talk to those marvelous creatures called Foreigners… Their mystery is calling to me…

Qin Shi Huang:

Nah, I’m good. I’m not eager to speak to that pitiful creature anytime soon. —What do I mean? Well, I mean that. What sort of monster declares that knowledge is a plague and forbids their people to search for any enlightenment!? Well, it’s true that ignorance isn't bliss and instead it’s a dangerous weakness, one that can be exploited by the strongest, but… Ughhh, I dunno, guess I’m never gonna side with a dictator.

Europa:

Gah, that’s it! I can’t take it! —Master, just… Bring me a coffee in my study, alright? I’ll be there reading something. I just can’t stay here any longer! That stupid girl is chanting to Aphrodite again after seeing that poor blonde Servant that looks like she is braindead… It’s always like that, whenever she sees a pretty girl. How annoying.

Craft Essence

Many of us come to this world full of dreams. We dream of a perfect job, a good partner, an exemplar family and the ultimate happiness.

As for me, I always knew that that what I dreamed about, was a mission trip.

I always felt I came to this world with a mission, and while my body instinctively knew what to do—picking up foreign languages at 3 years old, reading at 4——I only truly understood that with my entire soul much, much later in life.

What a privilege it was, to be able to do what I loved for so long. I know I’ve lived an existence far more privileged than many, who bumble around the world unable to find a north or a shore, wallowing in helplessness and dying without leaving a mark.

No one likes to be helpless, and yet in so many places around the world people live without hope. So many of us cry out into the void for a purpose, and here I was, given mine at a tender age—

I should be grateful for that much, shouldn’t I?

——And yet… Please, don’t think bad of me for that…

But I aspired to greater things.

And I still do.

Do you think I can try again, right where I left off, with this new body? With this new life?

Author's notes
    I was working on this sheet nonstop since the first moment Asterism announced this month's prompt. Truth to be told I didn't even had to research that much for a historical figure (good thing I watched her series some time ago), the idea kinda came all formed already and I was merely a vessel in which it wrote itself. Not that I didn't had to read one or two papers about her later, but the overall idea really came out on its onw... And I can't say I'm not satisfied with the end result. She ended up being a lot of fun to craft and imagine.

Anyway, I wish I could talk a lot about this Servant, but I tried to leave her very fleshed-out to everyone to see, so in a true Juana fashion, there's no mysteries left here. It's all laid bare. I hope ya'll like her even with ther awful personality! As usual, thanks a lot for you guys' support and we see each other in February!
    Last edited by WhiteFrenzy; December 6th, 2020 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Huff huff Fate wikia was being mean with its images
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Juana: A really good servant i must say Howaito ! i find her personality quite good though i must say that i dont really get her Noblephantasntasm please tell me if i understood it Right : that she is able to bestow with it(the Noblephantasm) her Knowledge unto others ?an through this that she can excert a amount of influence ?

I would be curious what she would think of my Thales as he were the first Philosopher which opened the door towards Knowledge , my HermeTris as "He" were the being that bestowed the Alchemic Secrets to the mankind ,and what she would say to the tales and cultural knowledge of this servant ? also have you seen my last two servant already ? in any case good work Howaito i am curious what you will say to my entry later !

Blog Entries
    Alter Ego: What an experience it is to read your sheet. It shows me where I have shortcomings in terms of writing and presentation. With your sheet I noticed that making craft essences for my servants would be actually kinda fun to expand on them further. I generally like to read the Lore first before reading the skills, but i think it is strange why the order is class skills - lore - personal skills. Any particular reason for that?
    How did you make your faceclaim into a character model for the NP?

I like the concept of her being the ultimate PoV, but her NP is a bit confusing. I get the gist of things. I think of her NP as a collection of knowledge she has and it is established that everyone in the area should have it as well, because she is the PoV in that area and like in the literary world, they should have it as well. By manipulating information through the terminal of that knowledge she can reshape the knowledge of those targetted and therefore their actions - so the reality she perceives. Okay now i i think i get it. She establishes the area as part of her "book" and characters act according to her knowledge, so she is able to write their action based on that. But because the book doesnt start right there and all have their own established characters it has to make reasonable sense why that stuff happens or they would break character and that is not good writing. Thats why comprehension is a factor? If so, can she influence the environment?

Besides that, her character is well fleshed out and the writing is really great
    Last edited by DelRey; December 6th, 2020 at 03:12 PM.

I had a feeling someone would make Juana as a Servant. Nice one.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    I had a feeling someone would make Juana as a Servant. Nice one.
    She was truly a braindead option for this prompt, I'm so sorry for the lack of originality in that department hahaha.
    (And wow, that's SOME praise coming from the other person who did a Juana servant sheet. Thank you very much!)

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Alter Ego: What an experience it is to read your sheet. It shows me where I have shortcomings in terms of writing and presentation. With your sheet I noticed that making craft essences for my servants would be actually kinda fun to expand on them further. I generally like to read the Lore first before reading the skills, but i think it is strange why the order is class skills - lore - personal skills. Any particular reason for that?
    How did you make your faceclaim into a character model for the NP?
    I'm beyond honored you liked this sheet, truly. Thanks a lot Del!
    And please, I totally feel you. Srsly. I have plenty of shortcomings myself - for example, noticing how you explained the NP so much better than I ever could. I HAVE to learn how to properly explain them one day hahaha. (Maybe now's a good time to re-write it a little to make it less clunky, following your example. Thanks for the wake up call) But yes, I do hope that we can improve more and more in our respective areas, because man do I love reading your stuff.

As for the NP image, I sometimes dabble into fanart so I just tried to do my own rendition of a FGO/portrait on that. Again, thanks a lot for liking her!
    (Oh yes, in regards for the order this is usually my reasoning: Class skills are things that are from the Class so I start with that. THEN we get to the CHARACTER itself, which starts with lore, then Personal skills, ans so on so on. It's an unusual way of getting things done - definitely a more common sheet format is to start by the lore -, but I think I grew accostumed with my own way of doing things. Definitely there's room for improvement on that department too, tho. I need to try new things.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Juana: A really good servant i must say Howaito ! i find her personality quite good though i must say that i dont really get her Noblephantasntasm please tell me if i understood it Right : that she is able to bestow with it(the Noblephantasm) her Knowledge unto others ?an through this that she can excert a amount of influence ?
    Either bestow knowledge unto other or take it from them, basically, yes. I SERIOUSLY HAVE TO MANAGE MY EXPLANATION SKILLS BETTER, I'M SO SORRY KOGA. But anyway, other than that, I'm glad you liked her. Thanks a lot for your continuous support too!

As for your Servants and what she'd think of them, hmmm... For one, I think that she'd like HermeTri, sure - after all it's a font of alchemic knowledge and the legends about that dude all slap. But Thales? Hooo boy, both Juana AND Sappho would probably wanna suck this guy's ideas out of his brain, he's after all The Godfather in matters of philosophy and so, and scholars like these two would absolutely love to hear whatever he has to say and exchange one or two ideas. She'd bother him to death for more, since he's a treasure trove of knowledge hahaha.
    Last edited by WhiteFrenzy; December 6th, 2020 at 11:46 PM.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    deadline for submissions is christmas eve

this is a really open prompt, so I look forward to seeing what your imaginations vomit forth

Hmmm. Dreamers, huh.

Hokusai would fit so fine here, what with his lifelong desire to finally learn how to draw. Too bad FGO called dibs, through Ou'i.

So, who else?
    Noob here. Sorry about that.

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I have a question-- are Lostbelt-style Servants allowed? I hadn't intended to debut on the forum during the CONTEST of all things, but it's hard to resist the temptation when I have someone I think fits suitably, but there is that abstractness to it.

...Not that it strays especially far from how one might portray him as a NON-Lostbelt Servant, so...?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    if you think they're good enough, sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    Hoh? Indeed. I am the Servant, and You are the Master, Your Imperial Highness. Come, let us promulgate a new law together.
    Ruler of the Ancient Realm
    Class: Ruler. Heroic Spirit of Arbitration
    Alternate Classes: Assassin, Caster, Faker
    True Name: Only the Emperor's name is important.
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Source: Chinese History

Ah, but perhaps You should know my face, Your Imperial Highness.
    Large Image

Parameters
    Strength: C
    Endurance: C+
    Agility: D
    Mana: A+
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: B

Class Skills
    Territory Creation D
    Rather than creating a "Workshop" or a "Temple", Ruler can create an "Imperial Palace", where laws can be made. There is no particular benefit to his Magecraft or other abilities, but he insists on its creation regardless. The Imperial Palace was never finished, as the dynasty collapsed before construction could be complete, but it still Ruler's desire to complete that great work.
    Your Imperial Majesty, You cannot work in that dingy tent You call a house. Come, let us rebuild the Great House; E-Pang.

Magic Resistance B++
    Ruler can cope with Magecraft up to Three Verses in length. Even if targeted by High Thaumaturgy or a Greater Ritual, it will deal reduced damage, and if targeted by Sage Arts from the land of China, the rank could be considered to be A. Additionally, within a 10 meters of Ruler, there is a Bounded Field of the anti-Magecraft type, preventing spells from being cast in the first place.
    While I accounted for magecraft when planning, the rebellion was more brute-force than that.

True Name Discernment C+
    A class skill of the Ruler class. It grants the capacity to discern enemy Servant's True Names and Parameters on sight. In Ruler's case, however, finding the opposing Servant's Noble Phantasms or Skills requires an investigation. The '+' can be considered an aspect of one of his Noble Phantasms.
    All traitors will be buried. All Confucians will be executed.

Emperor's Resolution A (-)
    God's Resolution, reflavored to fit Ruler's tastes. It grants Command Spells to command other Servants in a Holy Grail War. However, if summoned outside a Holy Grail War, he has no Command Spells.
    Worry not, Your Imperial Highness. I shall ensure Your safety with these.

Personal Skills
    All Books Must Be Burned A+
    A powerful counter-magecraft effect. Or rather, it suppresses the generation of Magical Energy. Rather than merely pushing against the Magic Circuits of modern Mages, Ruler has accounted for even Mages from the Age of Gods. It was his idea to suppress discourse and promote a unity of thought in the Qin Empire, as such he has obtained the skill at the highest rank. He proposed that all books would be burned, except for those of scholars whose jobs it was to keep books and improve the Empire. If the masses were illiterate, they could not rebel against the Emperor, and the Empire would be in the hands of the Emperor for their entire lives. In the case of Ruler, it also gives him a bonus against Artist-type Servants, especially those who are "Authors".
    I shall burn all books that could threaten Your Empire, Your Imperial Highness. Trust me.

All Scholars Must Be Buried A+
    A Sage Art that Ruler employed in life, freezing rebels in their places, and letting them be buried en masse. Burial in such a manner was one of the most efficient forms of mass slaughter available in the Qin dynasty, and Ruler utilizes it freely to suppress dissidents. Of course, he would never use this on his own master. After all--
    It's only to be used on rebels, never the Emperor.
    Worry not, Your Imperial Highness, I will bury Your enemies. After all, they're Confucian, right?

Torture Technique -
    The skill representing Ruler's ability to torture others. Rebels will be struck with torture techniques and sage arts that will promote endless pain upon his enemy. It could be called a constant damage skill that doubles up against rebellious spirits. Because of one of his Noble Phantasms, it has been sealed.
    Ha! This skill is for the inferior torturers. I devised a new system, and promulgated it as a new law!

Legalism A
    Ruler's philosophy. Before Ruler, Legalism was, at best, a loose collection of ideas. Like many things, Ruler coagulated them and disseminated them as the ideology of Qin. It states that humans are more inclined to do evil than good, and must be controlled by strict laws. Thus, a quid-pro-quo system is established; a person who wishes to kill may enter the army, and satisfy that selfish desire, while the Empire gains a powerful soldier. It could be called a Charisma-like skill, but it only applies to people who Ruler is attempting to persuade into allying with him. A political charisma.
    Indeed, I was the First Emperor's Left-Hand Chancellor. It's only natural I can persuade the common folk.

Biography
    In Proper Human History, the Qin Dynasty was the first imperial dynasty of ancient China. It was formed by Ying Zheng, who overtook the Warring States with his superior might, and unified the lands of China. Qin Shi Huang, the First Emperor, was wise in both affairs of state and of war.
    However, he could not rule the
    land
    people
    without an aid.
    Li Si was the Lawmaker of Qin. He was the man with a vision of a unified China, with a standard system of measurement, a centralized government, and a protected people. Li Si had the perspective that all humans were like rats; given a lot in life that they had no control over. He was born in the Chu Kingdom, but moved to Qin when there was no prospective role for a politician.
    When the Emperor unified China, it was Li Si who promoted the Burning of Books and Burying of Scholars.
    Indeed, it is Li Si who is the Ruler of the Ancient Realm
    It is a tangent, but it is perhaps Li Si who promoted the actions of Qin Shi Huang in a pruned timeline.

Noble Phantasms
    Hoh? I can certainly employ these for Your free usage. However, Your Imperial Highness, I urge you to consider the effects of them carefully. After all, the
    Subjects
    Common Folk
    are just as susceptible to them, perhaps even more so than Heroic Spirits.

Wǔ Xíng
    The Five Methods of Penance

Type: Anti-Unit (Mind)
    Range: 10
    Maximum Number of Targets: 12

The five torture techniques developed by Li Si. They are designed to extract any information from the targets by inflicting unimaginable pain. Because of the number of Servants and Masters in a conventional Holy Grail War, he has modulated the maximum number of targets. It is more effective against living humans, who possess no innate capacity to resist the spiritual techniques. Strictly, they are illusionary in nature, and could never kill the target, despite any pain inflicted, but in an emergency, the effect could be used to flee an unfavorable situation, or cripple a Servant who resists the Emperor.

is the first technique. It was applicable to 1000 crimes, and was the least severe punishment. The punished was held down, and their forehead tattooed. In the case of Li Si's summoning, All Scholars Must Be Buried is used in conjunction with the Noble Phantasm, and magecraft inscribes the Chinese character "
    Qin
    " into the forehead. There is no painkilling, and the tattoo burns as if it were a burning brand searing the skin.

is the second technique. Applicable to another 1000 crimes, Li Si removes the enemy's nose with a blunt blade. Of course, the enemy will not die from this, as the removal of the nose is an illusion and no blood is lost, but the illusion can blind with the fake blood it produces, and is terribly painful.

Zhǎnzhǐ is the third technique. 500 crimes carried this punishment, which involves the amputation of a foot. Against a Servant, regardless of if the illusion takes hold, it applies a rank-down to Agility, and against humans, the foot is temporarily absent, robbing them of the ability to run. Additionally, as there is no anesthetic, the pain can cause fainting.

Gōng is the fourth technique. 300 crimes could apply Gōng, which is the removal of reproductive organs. An anti-Gender attack. Enemies are fooled to believe they have lost their penis or vagina, feeling the pain of its loss in an instant of unbearable pain. Additionally, it increases Legalism's effects to A+. Against those who have abnormal physical genders, or are already eunuchs, this punishment has no power.

Dà Pì is the final and most severe technique. A mere 200 crimes could be punished with Dà Pì, which is the death sentence. Unlike all other techniques, this is no illusion, and is the sole reason why the Rank of this Noble Phantasm can increase past C. A death sentence befitting the nature of the opposing Servant is selected, including quartering, beheading, and boiling. However, due to both a fierce connection to Legalism, and being a Ruler, Li Si requires the utmost proof that the enemy has committed an equal or greater crime, and even then, the enemy must pass a luck check with advantage. Of the techniques, this is the only one he will refuse to use if commanded to.

Fénshū Kēngrú
    Burn, ye Books! Drown, ye Confucians!

Type: Anti-Knowledge, Anti-Unit
    Range: The Empire
    Maximum Number of Targets: 460

The great slaughter that Li Si began in the Qin Empire. The burying of scholars throughout the Empire, and the burning of all political books, such that the peasantry could never rise against the Emperor. To this end, he has improved his technique in the modern day, taking a leaf out of the book of Ivan the Terrible. It consists of the original technique, which involves the suppression of knowledge, the creation of an Anti-Magecraft Bounded Field that disallows all mages from action, and sapping away at their health until they die, and the new technique of a secret police.

The
    Mìmì Jǐngchá
    Secret Police
    are the Hand of the Emperor which extend throughout everything that Li Si considers the Emperor's domain. In the context of a Grail War, that would be "The City in which the Holy Grail resides" and the surrounding area. The police are made of fragments of the 460 scholars who Li Si exterminated. They manifest in a variety of forms, but to fit the Modern Era, they most typically fashion themselves after the modern era's style. They are a perfect spying ring, and are equipped with Sage Arts for invisibility, stunning, and secret killings. They form a centralized intelligence agency, communicating with Li Si telepathically. An unfair advantage that allows Li Si to monitor the entire Grail War from the Palace, though the scholars could never hold their own against a Servant, so their offensive use is limited. However, if an emergency arises, they can self-destruct to prevent the enemy from peeking into the Emperor's spy ring.

Xiǎozhuàn, Cāngxiépiān
    Unification of the Language with the Emperor's Scribe

Type: Magecraft
    Range: The Empire
    Maximum Number of Targets: 20 Million

The text that Li Si wrote, and used to distribute the Xiǎozhuàn, a seal-based script that established the path of Chinese Language. With this Magecraft, Li Si can replicate that feat in a limited sense. Rather than
    Controlling the Masses
    Reforming the Nation
    , Li Si can instead use this to understand any written or spoken language, and can teach the language of Qin. It also grants a minor rank of Golden Rule, as the system of language was used to both suppress dissent and improve trade in the newly-unified Qin.

Personality
    Dislikes: Rebellion, Dissenting Opinions, Confucianism

As a founder of Legalism, and perhaps the first to truly promote a centralized authoritarian government, it is natural that Li Si promotes a lawful attitude. He has a positive attitude towards those who share his ideals, such as the power of the government, the suppression of scholars, and the governance of the people. As a result of being one of the most important figures in Chinese history, he is rather self-assured, though in the case of combat, he is keenly aware that he is not particularly geared towards any such endeavor. However, if the role is to oversee a Holy Grail War, or otherwise maintain a spy ring for his
    Emperor
    Master
    , then he is quite capable of doing so.

In regards to his Master, he considers them to be the Emperor of his summons, except if there happens to be a Qin Shi Huang in the vicinity. He will be staunchly loyal to his Master until the very end, as he was to Qin Shi Huang in life. He is diligent about protecting not just his Master, but the people who are not involved in the Holy Grail War. Subjects, says Li Si, are those who the government should protect.
    Ah, but You needn't do that Yourself, Your Imperial Highness. I will attend to the common people on Your behalf.

Dialogue Examples
    "Ah, so You are my new Emperor. Hoh? You have no empire to call Your own? Then let us rectify that error together, Your Imperial Highness."

"Suffer and die, Confucian scum!"

"Fall prostrate before the Emperor, or perish instead!"

"Fuh fuh fuh. We shall see what suffering is in your future, Confucian. Like a book, you shall be burnt. Like a scholar, you shall be buried. And like the Warring States that opposed Qin Shi Huang, you shall be crushed!
    Wǔ Xíng
    The Five Methods of Penance
    :
    Dà Pì
    Beheading the Confucian Rebel
    !
    Ahahahaha!

Relationships
    Qin Shi Huang (Lostbelt): Your Imperial Highness! Eh? Immortal? Made of mercury? My, so You even continued into the modern day... haha, I'll continue to serve You.

Qin Shi Huang (Shielder): Ah, the Imperial Highness of my lifetime! May the Wall never fall, and the Palace never again burn! Oh, and that other Noble Phantasm...! How appropriate, Your Imperial Highness!

Jing Ke: Confucian. Scum. You tried to assassinate the Emperor, so you will die now.

Assassins: A necessary evil, as long as they're on our side, Your Imperial Highness.

Wu Zetian: Indeed. Your methods were fitting, and your wit sharp. You may not be Qin Shi Huang, but you have my respect, Huangdi.

Xiang Yu: The nerve...! ████████████████ !!!

Yu Mei-ren: Hm. You are the wife of that traitor, Xiang Yu, but I will not hold his sin to your-- baring fangs already?!?!

Author's Notes
    Well well well... I decided to actually make an account instead of bumming around as a visitor. Ah well, that's that, and this is this.
    I had long wanted to make a Li Si Servant, but I never could find motivation to actually put pen to paper and create him. I spied the prompt, and I felt a spike lance through my heart swifter than a Gay Bulge through a teenager. Strange how history repeats itself in regard to that Noble Phantasm, but that's an aside.
    If you're wondering what qualifies Li Si for this prompt, it's that backstory more than his skillset or powers; that dream of a unified Qin, a unified system, and his fervor in creating it. If there's a "Dreamer" in Chinese history, it would be quite appropriate to give that title to Li Si, who made the history of China the way it is with his influence in the First Dynasty.
    It's a pleasure to finally make your acquaintances, everyone. I hope we can all have a good, non-Confucian relationship.
    Last edited by Justiciar Hux; December 9th, 2020 at 07:14 PM.

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What a coincidence that another newbie should be drawn out of the woodwork by the same prompt. Only fitting that I offer my opinion on this, then!

First things first, your FC's broke. Moving on.

(Edit: There we are! A very nice one.)

It's interesting! I feel like it's slightly derivative of Qin Shi Huang, but that's not really avoidable, I suppose. I feel like Wu Xing could be made more interesting by each punishment applying an actual effect like Zhanzi's Agility rank-down or Da Pi's death effect. The other NPs are fun, although the last one's a little vague. Otherwise fun stuff! The meta-commentary flavour text is something I haven't seen a lot of and I think it's a really clever touch. I can only hope my debut is as solid a start!
    Last edited by realcasually; December 10th, 2020 at 01:09 AM.