Page 276 of 367 FirstFirst ... 176226266271274275276277278281286326 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,520 of 7322

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Here we go, another convoluted caster->faker->pretender sheet that is a pain to compile
    You know me so well.

Seriously though... nah. Nothing that complicated. They're difficult to do right and I don't feel like I have the writing skills for that quite yet... so even if I do one of those, I won't be posting it for the contest.

Instead your getting a nice, straightforward sheet... of Dionysus.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Serra's Archer: I truly don't get it. It's just all of them with very little to no justification? Is there even any syncretism at all in the sheet?
    I get that it's a joke but it didn't get me I guess. If I wanted just a bunch of fused divine spirits with no justifying cultural background I'd have gone with a High Servant theme.
    What I was going for was 'what if it specifically wasn't a High Servant that got fused at the time of summoning but instead all just one character with a continuous story (that got worshiped as separate aspects because most people didn't know their whole story)'. An Apep - Hou Yi High Servant would've probably felt pretty different if they'd experienced those two stories separately before being fused rather all as part of one, with the Apep parts directly leading into the Hou Yi parts that are directly leading somewhere else etc. etc.. And slotting them all in a linear narrative experienced by the same protagonist was a fun part of the sheet for me while writing it, as well as what I thought would qualify it for the prompt. I guess I may have misunderstood the last line of the prompt and/or given it too much weight and made a thing that wouldn't land with everyone due to that.
    Last edited by Serra; December 6th, 2022 at 04:10 AM.

Blog Entries
    Wasn't there a specific part of the prompt that said not to use Alter-Egos?
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Wasn't there a specific part of the prompt that said not to use Alter-Egos?
    It technically doesn't say anything about Alter Ego as a Class but it does ban High Servants (and phantom fusions) so there's that

Blog Entries
    But, wait. Doesn't that inherently mean this prompt is basically impossible? Going by the text, that means that basically all the ones we've gotten so far don't qualify. They all qualify as High Servants.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    But, wait. Doesn't that inherently mean this prompt is basically impossible? Going by the text, that means that basically all the ones we've gotten so far don't qualify. They all qualify as High Servants.
    I think the prompt more wants you to justify it being a high servant or alter-ego or whatever than to simply throw them in and say 'a wizard did it'.

Unless you actually, literally, do that in their life. Which I might do as a joke servant on CaS now that I think about it because that sounds hilarious
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Time to write an amalgamation of madness/hallucinogenic-related deities for a literal "high" Servant.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I didn't ban anything, like Baron said I only mentioned High Servants and Phantom fusions to clarify that I want the intermingling of cultures rather than stuff like "oh and then villain number 7 fused this Chinese legend with a random scifi character"

Serra's sheet just failed to me personally because there's nothing in it about how these character are similar, or how these cultures interacted, or what elements they brought from their previous sphere of influence into the new one. It's just "surprise, it's all the same guy".

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Time to write an amalgamation of madness/hallucinogenic-related deities for a literal "high" Servant.
    A cheap imitation of my Florida Man
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    I'm personally astonished this many people are having trouble with what seems to me such a direct prompt, but the "real person" prompt got a record number of applicants.

I guess all I can say is hang in there

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This prompt gave 3 almost immediate ideas to post throw as an example post because I don't have the time to develop them, which is 3 more than usual, so I can confidently say this is the easiest theme yet.

Blog Entries
    STRANGER

“A little bit of magic and diamond dust is all you need for a wonderful winter! Don’t you agree?”

THE WONDERWORKER
    SANTA CLAUS

General Information

Alias: The Wonderworker, Sinterklaas, King of the Storm Gender: Male
    Alignment: Jolly Good Pronouns: He/Him
    Attribute: Earth H/W: 211 cm / 140 kg
    Region: Europe and North America Source: Christmas Stories
    Armaments: A bejeweled spear-staff Catalyst: Your most beloved and painful memory

Parameters

STR: D MAG: C
    END: D LUK: A+
    AGL: C++ NP: C

Personal Skills

Blessed Generosity C+ A skill generated from the widespread myth of a generous
    Chief God
    Saint
    . It functions as an offshoot of Item Construction, allowing Stranger to construct an ideal gift that is always exactly what is needed. And somehow, he has exactly what is needed to make that gift on hand. Although a metric like ‘power’ is not how Stranger would like to refer to these gifts, the creation of strong Mystic Codes and even Sacraments is not out of the question. All the same, Stranger is just as capable as making those as he is at recreating a beloved toy from your childhood.

Also, it seems like there isn’t a rule that the gifts have to be physical in nature either. To this observation, Stranger only laughs and shrugs it off.
    Charisma A+ A high level of popularity that could rightly be considered a ‘curse.’ Stranger’s jolly attitude is infectious, beckoning everyone in his vicinity to be at ease. At this rank, it’s even possible for Stranger to diffuse otherwise indiffusible situations, and open up conversation with the difficult and uncompromising. Viewed another way, it’s the kind of Charisma fit to bind together a great number of troubling personalities.
    Miracle (Winter) A The ability to make possible what is considered impossible. For Stranger it is under the flavor of a ‘winter miracle’, but it is nonetheless the creation of miracles. Though from whence the miracle originates is not something for disclosure. Stranger’s answer is, “Haven’t you heard of Christmas blessings?”
    Primordial Rune This skill indicates the possession and knowledge of the original 18 Primordial Runes created by Odin.

“Why are such things in my possession? Because, ‘There is no greater gift than knowledge!’” so Stranger says.

Stranger is able to access an ancient runic magecraft from the Age of Gods to achieve results only hitherto dreamt of in the modern age. One could also in this sense call him a ‘master of language.’
    Territory Infringement D Stranger is able to slip through Bounded Fields and other territorial markers without triggering detection. However, he does still risk getting caught the old-fashioned way.

Although the rank of this skill is low due to its scope, Stranger uses it rather liberally. However, if one shuts the windows and doors, then Stranger cannot create an opening that doesn’t exist.

Noble Phantasm

Holy Night of Winter’s Gift
    Jolly Wild Hunt

Type: Anti-Nature, Spirit
    Range: 0-80
    Max Targets: 0-600 people

“Ohohoho! Don't get too cold now, we still have a long winter ahead of us!”

The Wild Hunt is the incarnation of storms, a phenomenon said to be led by a malevolent spirit, and is comprised of ghostly warriors or demonic beasts. Its leader varies by tradition, but how could it have manifested here? Nowhere is it said that the figure known as Santa Claus leads the Wild Hunt.

It is exactly that which allows it to appear in this Class. Because Stranger is the manifestation of ‘garbage and junk data’, connections have been made to fill in the space necessary for a Noble Phantasm to form. In other words, the Wild Hunt led by Santa Claus is merely the aggregate result of appearing as ‘relevant data’ for other manifestations.

Jolly Wild Hunt is, in truth, not a storm which Santa Claus brings, but the very season of Winter that follows his path. Within his entourage is a gathering of Nature Spirits associated with Winter, each of them come together to trail behind Stranger. And as its leader he can call upon those Spirits to aid him, granting him various abilities such as flying through the air or summoning magical steeds. He can even manipulate concepts of ‘snow’, ‘night’, ‘the moon’, and even ‘Winter itself.’

With such versatility, it’s no wonder that Stranger’s Wild Hunt usually takes the form of a massive sleigh.

Declaring the Jolly Wild Hunt’s True Name, Stranger utilizes his association with the Spirits to pull a curtain of ‘winter night’ over an area. This phenomenon is essentially that of a Marble Phantasm, activated with the Wild Hunt as a proxy to shift nature itself. Winter falls onto those beneath the veil, and within it forms a snowstorm that Stranger controls at a whim.

From the kindest snowflake to the longest night, the Jolly Wild Hunt encompasses it all. Or rather, the figure known as Santa Claus is connected to those pieces by proxy.

Personality

You’d be pleased by just how exactly-you-imagined-him-as Santa Claus is. A joyful old man that sees the wonder and magic in everything, he is fantastic with just about everyone he meets. It’s hard to imagine Santa as being at odds with anyone really, his very presence lightens up the room, his every guffaw infectious enough for the most dour person to chuckle along. It wouldn’t be wrong to consider him a bottomless barrel of personality. There exists exactly zero people who could ever drain or tire him, his sheer enthusiasm overwhelms anyone that tries.

But on what is his enthusiasm actually based?

What is the wonder he actually sees?

He is so jolly, so heartwarming, but from what hearth does his fire burn?

At its essence is a reflection of Santa Claus itself. What he loves is possibility.

In one’s life, there are sometimes multiple paths. Decisions stack up against each other. Circumstances inform wrong and right answers. Whatever one decides to do, all other options are left behind for the sake of moving forward. Those moving forward don’t need any incentive, but what about the discarded? For those who can move through neither Heaven nor Hell, who stands to guide them and give them purpose? Who is there to love what has been forgotten?

Because of his existence is as “junk data”, Santa Claus is the embodiment of discarded possibility itself.

Santa Claus is the one who sees those moving forward, and tends to those left behind. A shepherd of lost souls, whose role has itself been discarded until it formed the mantle of ‘Santa Claus.’ Less a person, Santa Claus can be likened to a function formed by humanity’s desire for love and care.

It is through this existence that Stranger fiercely stands for those who still have decisions to make. Those who still have possibilities left for them. An ancient, grandfatherly wisdom is the bedrock of Stranger’s attitude. There is never a bone of hate in him, only understanding, only kindness. For the discarded, that is what they need the most.

Legend

Santa Claus works year-round in the North Pole, where he and his elves create gifts for every child in the world. Then, on Christmas Eve, Santa Claus soars through the night on his massive sleigh and rewards the nice kids with gifts, while punishing the naughty ones with lumps of coal. Then once the night has passed he returns to the North Pole, returning to work until next Christmas Eve.

It goes without saying that it’s impossible for such a story to be true, much less be recorded within the Throne of Heroes.

There are many theories as to Santa Claus’ origins. Odin. Saint Nicholas. Ded Moroz. The Wild Hunt. The Three Kings. Multiple trajectories overlap that end up at the story of Santa Claus, but each of them are too significant on their own to ever give space to something so superfluous as ‘Santa Claus.’ All that remains of Santa Claus’ existence is recognized even today as something false and only worthy of children to believe. Even the holiday attached to Santa Claus has stronger associations to the Messiah.

Therefore, this is a Class container that suits Santa Claus perfectly. For those discarded as junk data, all that wasted information has been compiled into something approximated as ‘Santa Claus.’ Both everything and none of his predecessors, Stranger exists in spite of itself.

“But isn’t that just it?” Stranger would muse. “In the end, it’s just faith and magic. That was enough to bring me around.”

Relationships

Mononobe-no-Moriya
    "For you, I bring a camera. They are mighty good at capturing memories! And anyways, it is always good to have a hobby, no?"

Demetrius of Thessaloniki
    "For you, I bring the finest book of imagination. Seriously, imagine anything! Whatever story you wish to read, it will appear here. Everyone deserves a little bit of imaginative fun."

The Sun...?
    "For you, I have nothing. Sorry! But it seems like you don't need anything else, do you?"

Hermes Trismegistus
    "For you, I have, ah, here it is! The newest equipment that suits your needs! Quite the busybody, huh?"

Loki=Rod
    "For you, I have... Oh my. This is quite a lot of board games. Perfect for staying indoors with your family. For you, there is nothing more ideal I think. Between you and me, I'll come back later tonight for a round."

Sukunabikona
    "For you, I have a new towel. Look, cute little bull patterns! I think it suits you."

Matarisvan
    "For you I have-- what are you looking at me like that for, huh? Oh don't worry about it, a gift is a gift! Even the givers must receive, don't you know? Enjoy your new socks!"

Last edited by Gl4re; December 7th, 2022 at 01:11 PM.
    It's winter in Sapporo. And as the weather stirs, so too does a new Holy Grail War.

Fate/UpRise
    Character Compendium
    Story - Ch. 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What an absolute flawless use of the Stranger class. Amazing.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shows that you have never seen it all. Stranger Santa. Smart use. The merged junk of various legends.
    Opens up the question if class skills are allowed if they are just shoved into the passive skills.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    Amazing. Any junk can be somebody's gift.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Kinda has to be a case by case decision on how well the class skill fits as a personal one.
    Otherwise if you ban them all you're taking out the possibilities for the ones that were also personal from the start like Charisma and Independent Action.

Quote Originally Posted by Drangle View Post
    I'm personally astonished this many people are having trouble with what seems to me such a direct prompt, but the "real person" prompt got a record number of applicants.

I guess all I can say is hang in there
    I am seen. Looking forward to your entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    This prompt gave 3 almost immediate ideas to post throw as an example post because I don't have the time to develop them, which is 3 more than usual, so I can confidently say this is the easiest theme yet.
    Classic Comun throwing around contest winning concepts and then leaving.

Blog Entries
    I'm glad my stab at Stranger landed well Thanks for the kind comments!
    It's winter in Sapporo. And as the weather stirs, so too does a new Holy Grail War.

Fate/UpRise
    Character Compendium
    Story - Ch. 3

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As I hinted at earlier, Buddhism and the Greeks are a perfect example for this, because they fucking loved doing it.

For example, there's Serapis, who's basically a completely original syncretic god worshipped by the Graeco-Egyptians
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    Well, Serapis was already done previously by BN, so that has been explored and half.
    Last edited by Alexcoene; December 6th, 2022 at 06:13 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.