Page 92 of 367 FirstFirst ... 428287909192939497102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 7332

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Congrats to the top three! You guys super deserved it!

I look forward to the next prompt.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for everyone who voted Elpis, hopefully I can come up with a decent prompt next session.

Playing through Danganronpa finally has some merit.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Dammit I forgot to vote. Congrats for the winners!

Also thank you everyone who voted for my entry!

Blog Entries
    So did I. Still, nice job everybody!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    whenn does the contest start actually ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Should be today iirc

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad
    Hello. Almost forgot about the prompt, so here it is. With the whole world facing a pandemic right now, I can only think of one prompt.

Illness. Whether a disease personified like Pale Rider, or a Servant who cured or dealt with people of their affliction like Asclepius. Whether the illness the Servant carries is physical or mental. Whether it is a biological sickness, or some conceptual curse. All is fair game.
    Three weeks, as per usual. So the 22nd. Since I can only assume we have a lot of people with spare time at the moment, I'm looking forward to this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hm, this is a tricky one. Not sure what I can come up with at the moment... Time for some research, I guess.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Okay, I got an idea for this. Might be a bit controversial though...

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Off the top of my head...

Henrietta Lacks a la the cancer cell from Cells at Work
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ah, no. I didn't mean that kind of controversial.

Just that this person has already been depicted in another Japanese work and I fear that my incarnation won't be unique enough to prevent cries of plagarism. But I'll try my best nontheless.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    To be shure with curses is it meant one that were cursed him/her/itself ,or would Count also those that used curses themselves and are death related figures like underworld deities also valid ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Well... This is a tough one. Gonna need to do some research and see if I can come up with anything.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I thought my first sheet would be one of my planned Servants for the other thread but this theme immediately unearthed an old dropped idea I feel like I can make work now.

Blog Entries
    Question about the prompt. Is it fine if the Servant had an (important) illness, from which they recovered?
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Blog Entries
    Yea, sure

- - - Updated - - -

That'd count as "dealing with their own affliction", i think
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Image Source

Class: Assassin
    Other Classes: Archer, Gunner
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Place of Origin: America

Parameters:
    STR: E
    END: E
    AGI: A
    MGI: E
    LCK: B+
    NP: C

Height: 181 cm
    Weight: 55 kg
    Dislikes: His illness, nonsense
    Talent: Rubbing people the wrong way, gambling
    Natural Enemy: Billy the Kid
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Humanoid, Male
    Armament: Revolver, coach gun, knife
    Catalyst: A well-worn revolver

Skills
    Class Skills

Presence Concealment - Rank -: The capacity to hide one's presence as a Servant. It is a common Class Skill of the Assassin class.
    Though normally an ability connected to his class, Assassin outright rejects any attempt to hide. As such, Presence Concealment has been rendered incapable of being activated while Assassin’s reason remains.

Disengage - Rank B: The ability to withdraw from the battlefield in the midst of combat or reset the battle conditions.
    In life, Assassin was the sort who would rather run than hide from his problems. In compensation for his rejection of Presence Concealment, Disengage has been afforded as a replacement.

Gunfighter - Rank A: A Skill denoting prowess with all manner of firearms, as well as skill in duels. Gunfighter acts as a composite Skill of Marksmanship and Quick Draw, as well as improving the damage dealt by the user’s guns.
    In accordance with his legend, Assassin is capable of intuitively using any kind of firearm as though he had trained with one for his entire life. Assassin is famous for his many quick draw duels as well as his skill with many different types of guns. It is entirely possible for him to utilize modern weapons, though even with the increased damage, he still cannot hurt Servants with them.

Personal Skills

Weak Constitution - Rank B: A weakness struck by the nature of frail health. Similar in nature to Innocent Monster, where the perception of the people in the future affects the existence of the Heroic Spirit.
    Risk of a sudden status drop on every action. The probability of risk is not high, but when it is invoked in combat, it is immense. Assassin’s debilitating illness is a core part of his legend. It is said that his impending death drove him to seek out trouble, preferring to live a short but great life rather than simply fade away.

Legend of the Wild West - Rank A: A Skill closely related to Innocent Monster. Rumors and slander during one’s own lifetime have been co-opted by the user. Through this, one’s reputation and abilities have grown as a Heroic Spirit. Also provides the effects of Bravery as a composite Skill.
    Through rumors that circulated during his lifetime, Assassin gained great notoriety in the Wild West. Rather than attempting to dash these rumors, he instead fed the rumor mill and thus increased his reputation further. Due to Assassin’s personality, Legend of the Wild West also acts to draw the attention of enemies, serving as a taunt Skill.

Double Summon - Rank C: A rare Personal Skill possessed only by a few select Servants, it permits a Servant to simultaneously possess Class Skills from two distinct classes. It is limited only to some of the extra classes, the cavalry classes, and "modern classes" like Gunner.
    Assassin possesses the Class Skills of the Gunner class in addition to those of the Assassin class. However, Marksmanship has been warped to the Gunfighter Skill instead.

Noble Phantasms

The Fated Shootout
    O. K. Corral

Type: Anti-Team
    Range: 40
    Max Targets: 20 people
    A Noble Phantasm manifesting the most famous shootout Assassin was involved in. It also serves as one of the few truly confirmed cases of him killing another, as well as undoubtedly the most famous of such incidents. Having manifested as an Assassin, O.K. Corral serves as a foundation for his selection into the class, alongside the many rumors he accumulated during his life. However, it is not strictly a Noble Phantasm meant for assassination.
    Though it is an Anti-Team Noble Phantasm, O.K. Corral’s target is an area, as well as the enemies and allies within said area during a battle. From the moment of activation, O.K. Corral’s effect is imposed upon the battlefield. Under the effects of the Noble Phantasm, the certain effect of ‘the battle will be resolved in 30 seconds’ takes place. A particularly high Luck parameter can allow a target to surmount this effect.
    During O.K. Corral’s activation, Assassin and his allies receive the benefit of reduced action time, allowing them to act faster than they usually could. In addition, they receive a plus modifier to all offensive actions.

A Hero for Every Hour
    I’m Your Huckleberry

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 0
    Max Targets: 1
    A Noble Phantasm born from Assassin’s great prowess in many fields during his short life. He emerged unharmed from gunfights despite his illness, profited from gambling and survived several attempts on his life. The quality of a charmed life, manifested as a Noble Phantasm.
    Though it brings success in many situations, all it actually amounts to is a luck boost. I’m Your Huckleberry can be activated to momentarily increase Assassin’s Luck parameter by a large amount, allowing him to succeed despite the odds or survive otherwise fatal injuries. The improbable is made certain and the impossible made possible, but only for the space of a single action.
    I’m Your Huckleberry’s activation appears to have a limit, though Assassin himself does not the specific workings of it. Though the thought of running out of luck all of a sudden might be troubling, Assassin actually relishes the uncertainty this brings. He believes that the number of activations might be related to the number of times he escaped certain death, though this is just an assumption. If this is true, the limit of activations would be nine times.

Lore
    Assassin’s true identity is John Henry Holliday, better known as Doc Holliday, the Gentleman Vagabond.
    Holliday was born in America in 1851, Though he graduated as a dentist, he was soon after diagnosed with tuberculosis, receiving a grim prognosis, with a few scant years to live. He headed to the Wild West in the hopes that the warm, dry climate would slow the disease’s progression and took to gambling. Holliday’s impending death made him brazen in the face of death, and he reportedly came to blows with many. These confrontations gave him a notorious reputation as a gunslinger, a reputation which Holliday himself fed with rumors and boasts.
    Holliday eventually became involved with the famed lawman Wyatt Earp and his associates, and even fought on the side of the law on some occasions. It is by Earp’s side that Holliday took part in the Shootout at O.K. Corral. Due to his frequent drinking and irascible temper, Holliday often ended up in trouble with the law, and as such moved around as a vagabond.
    He eventually died at the age of 36, dying in his bed from tuberculosis. Holliday found the situation funny, having thought (or hoped) to die fighting.

Personality
    Outwardly, Doc is serious and stone-faced in his dealings, though he is not particularly uptight. With his death, he seems to have lost much of his penchant for troublemaking, as that tendency was driven by his advancing illness. He is annoyed by the fact that his disease appears to dog him even beyond the grave, but takes his problem in stride. Doc is more than a little resentful of his life being viewed through the lens of his tuberculosis, and would prefer the thought of having done what he did despite his illness rather than because of it.
    Introducing himself as a gentleman from the Wild West, Doc regards his reputation with amusement. As fame is a factor in a Servant’s strength, he sees the Holy Grail War as strictly a measurement of his reputation against that of other heroes. He finds it particularly funny that much of his fame is born from rumor and self-aggrandizement, most of which can be traced back to Doc himself. As such, he styles himself largely as a Self-Made Servant.
    Despite his seriousness, Doc retains his bravado as a gambler, and finds excitement in risk. Due to this, he isn’t afraid of facing opponents stronger than himself, making unstable alliances or defying his Master. He can even bark out a laugh at the thought of facing something insurmountable, enjoying the impossibility of his victory even as he strives to grasp it. Doc is also prone to speaking of his chances with pessimism, though how much of this is genuine is in question.
    Doc shows more of his personality with his Master and allies, and acts with loyalty towards them. Though he terms his relationship as a Master and Servant pair as being ‘partners in crime’, he much prefers operating alongside a just person. Despite his tendency to speak out with passion, Doc does generally go along with his Master’s wishes and orders.
    Without the shadow of an imminent demise looming over his future, Doc wants to try his hand in as many things as possible, seeing it as reclaiming the life he was denied. He also likes to show off his skill in gambling, and if indulged would likely make his Master and associates very wealthy.
    Doc’s wish to the Holy Grail would be to be able to incarnate again, without his tuberculosis. Freed from his illness, he could then live whatever kind of life he chose to.

Relationships
    Altera: For some reason, Altera reminds Doc of his friend. Beyond that, he actually finds himself taking a liking to Altera. After all, aside from sharing his no-nonsense attitude, Altera is also someone that excels in combat. However, Doc would likely try to encourage her to be more lively.

Wyatt Earp: Though the two had a falling out, Doc still regards Earp as his closest friend. Should they meet on opposing sides, he would likely propose they settle their fight in an honourable duel. Neither is likely to hold any hard feelings, no matter the result.

Bat Masterson: Though Doc does not know the man well, he resents Masterson for spelling out how weak his illness had made him.

Billy the Kid: A fellow short-lived legend of the Wild West. Although their stories might be similar, they likely couldn’t stand each other and would come to blows (or shots).

Okita Souji: Doc feels sympathy towards Okita due to both of them suffering from tuberculosis during their lives and even hailing from the same era of history. However, there would probably be a significant culture clash should they actually try to converse. Doc would particularly like to challenge Okita to a duel in order to compare their speed-oriented fighting styles.

Thomas Edison: Though a fellow American and shameless self-aggrandizer, Edison rubs Doc the wrong way. Doc admits to being hypocritical in regarding himself as the better man among the two, but would likely side against Edison in any way possible.

Creator Notes
    Though it's not a huge part of the sheet, I guess living half your life tuberculosis and dying from it still qualifies for the prompt.
    I’ll probably do another, more proactive sheet too, this was just a quickie.

Assassin

"Servant Assassin. Don't be alarmed, I am here to help you."

True Name: Niall Ó Glacáin
    Epithets: Premier Professor of Medicine, Professor of Medicina Theorica Soparodinaria
    Class: Assassin
    Alternate Classes: Caster, Ruler
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Attribute: Man
    Origin: Historical Fact — Ireland (17th Century)
    Dislikes: “Down time”, plague, fearful patients
    Talent: Medical treatments, poetry
    Natural Enemy: Pale Rider
    Armament: Bloodletting dagger
    Traits: Humanoid, Male, Servant, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Catalyst: A plague doctor mask

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: C
    MGI: C
    LUK: A
    NP: B

Personality
    Niall Ó Glacáin is a man of science and a staunch professional who takes his job as physician very seriously. He can be best described as a workaholic or a busybody who prioritizes his patients and their well-being more than anything. He is a moral man who believes that everyone deserves to live despite whatever they might have done and will heal them without bias. When it comes to his Master, he is more likely than not for him to fret over their well being as he will see it as his responsibility to maintain their wellness.

It is hard to gauge his emotions as he speaks with a calm, stoic tone and his facial features and body language are obscured by his plague doctor attire. This makes understanding as anything other than Niall Ó Glacáin the physician almost impossible. However, it may be because as a Servant he doesn’t consider himself as a proper human anymore and thus views himself as a weapon to be wielded in defense of contagion first and foremost.

When it comes to his class, he shows some bitterness to be summoned as an Assassin. As a man of healing he feels completely ashamed to be summoned under the class that is supposed to bring harm to others and would have preferred to be summoned as a Caster. In particular he is also furious to be saddled with his Noble Phantasm, seeing it as the antithesis of his very existence as a healer.

Lore
    The man known as Niall Ó Glacáin was a physician of great renown during the 17th from Ireland. Not much of his early life is known but it is believed he received his early medical education from a local hereditary family of physicians as such families were the only source of medical training within Ireland. After his training was complete, he left Ireland to go to Spain to help treat those who became afflicted with the plague. His efforts in combating the plague had gotten him noticed by the Spanish nobility, who would invite him to court where he’d meet Hugh Roe O'Donnell after he arrived in Spain and later attended to him when he died.

He worked in Spain for many years, but moved to France in 1627 in response to an outbreak in plague, working as a plague doctor for various towns. He was held in high esteem by the people of France for his bravery in combating the plague and was suitably awarded for it, being appointed as a doctor at the plague hospital at Toulouse and was made the Premier Professor of Medicine at the University. His talents and deeds were so great that he drew the attention of the royalty of France and for a time served as the royal physician and Council to King Louis XIII. By 1629 he was a highly respected authority on plague treatment and wrote his most famous work, Tractatus de Peste, which contained his concise descriptions of the plague, including its various effects on different patients and suggested treatments, and was a pioneer in pathological anatomy.

By the 1630s he was famed across Europe as the premier authority on plague treatment and was sought after by the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Bologna. He moved to Italy and in his time in Bologna wrote his Cursus Medicus and would ascend to the position of Professor of Medicina Theorica Soparodinaria at the University of Bologna in 1642, a position which he would hold onto until his death in 1653.

Skills
    Class Skills:

Presence Concealment: D
    The capacity to hide one's presence as a Servant. Hides one's presence as a Servant. Suitable for spying. A low ranking of Presence Concealment unbecoming for an Assassin to the level that a Servant can infer one's presence at once.

Personal Skills:

Determination of Steel: B
    A composite Skill, combining the effects of the Bravery and Calm and Collected Skills, that allows one to completely ignore pain and endure superhuman speeds. From his disposition to make a resolute decision to brave contagion to help the sick, something that made him be held in high esteem.

Human Anatomy Understanding: C
    A Skill that allows one to have a grasp of the inner workings of the human body, like a piece of precision machinery. All actions intended to heal through Skills, Magecraft, etc. are improved.

Medical Technique: A+
    Modern medicine that surpasses the medical technology of those times (in which transmission proliferated) by a few degrees. Still, this Skill does not make a comparison by modern standards, instead determined by the standards of the age in which the Servant lived.

Noble Phantasm
    Plague Doctor
    Harbinger of Death

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1 ~ 100
    Maximum Number of Targets: 100

The iconic uniform of the plague doctors that were designed to protect their wearers from the effects of the plague. These uniforms were meant to be seen as symbols of hope within the plague stricken Europe, but the sinister design of the outfits and the arrival of their wearers became seen as heralds for the plague itself. Sometimes a village wouldn’t even know they had the plague until the arrival of the plague doctors. Worse yet, the plague doctors would sometimes unintentionally spread the disease that they were trying to end. This Noble Phantasm is the crystallization of the association with the spread of plague and the plague doctors. It is not a Noble Phantasm unique to Niall Ó Glacáin but one that can be used by anyone who donned the attire of the plague doctor. As an Assassin, it becomes his sole Noble Phantasm.

Upon activation a cloud of miasma, wrought of magical energy, will spread out from Niall Ó Glacáin and cover an area over a dozen miles, spreading a curse onto those it touches, causing many black spots to appear on their bodies which slowly drains them of energy until they fall unconscious and die. The range isn’t finite however, as the curse can spread beyond the initial range by using various small creatures such as insects, arachnids, rats, birds, and even fish as vectors for which it can be spread. If left unchecked, the curse can easily spread across a country within hours and the world within days. The effects of the curse are slower on mages, who can resist it far longer than a normal human, but unless they manage to rid themselves of the curse they will eventually parish. Servants can also be affected, but due to the curse-like nature of the Noble Phantasm, any Servant with the appropriate rank in Magic Resistance should be able to avoid the effects.

Voice Lines
    Ascensions:

1st Ascension: "Forgive my appearance, Master. Although frightening I can assure you that I mean no ill will."

2nd Ascension: "The usefulness of this attire can be... questionable. But when it concerns the plague nothing can be left to chance."

3rd Ascension: "More equipment has been acquired to further the betterment of the people."

4th Ascension: "No time to focus on the completion of my ascension. There are still the sick to attend to."

Bonds:

Bond Lv. 1:
    "Are you feeling well?"

Bond Lv. 2: "Be sure to inform me of any illness you may be feeling. I will attend to it to the best of my capabilities."

Bond Lv. 3: "So you are not frightened of me, Master? Good, that makes tending to you a much simpler task."

Bond Lv. 4: "I appreciate the concern, but I am quite alright working as I am. No need to worry if I'm getting enough rest."

Bond Lv. 5: "My inspection is complete. I can safely say that you are as healthy as you can be. I'll be sure to keep an eye on you though to ensure you maintain this clean bill of health."

Other:

Dialogue 1:
    "What better laboratory than the blood-soaked battlefield?"

Dialogue 2: "I must admit, Assassin is a poor class for me, Master. I would have much preferred to be summoned as a Caster, where my abilities as a healer would have had greater emphasis."

Dialogue 3: "Medicine is a science. I was accused of witchcraft by the ignorant fools who couldn't comprehend the nuances of the craft."

On the Holy Grail: "An end to contagion would be a noble pursuit, wouldn't you agree?"

Something You Like: "Medicine only improves with scientific minds at the forefront making innovations. Any innovations within the field of medicine fascinate me so."

Something You Hate: "I can relax, I choose not to because I have more important things to focus on. Stop bothering me about working too hard."

Birthday: "Congratulations."

Relationships
    Servants with the Weak Constitution Skill: "Don't be afraid. I'm here to help you."

Irish Servants: "The great heroes from my homeland? It is a great honor, truly."

Florence Nightingale: "Lovely maiden, I look forward to working alongside you in the noble pursuit of healing."

Asclepius: "You have summoned the God of Medicine? Then why am I even here?!"

Jack the Ripper: "The fact this child is capable of crude surgery is... concerning."

Imhotep: "If not for your innovations of medicine, mankind might still be forced to rely on foolish notions of magic for healing. ...Why did you just refer to yourself in the first person?"

Pale Rider: "Begone, fiend!"

Creator Notes
    My entry to the contest's prompt. I actually had an easier time coming up with an idea than i thoguht I would have. Initially the idea started out as a simple plague doctor with no strict identity, more like the personification of the idea of the plague doctor. Then I did some research and found
    Niall Ó Glacáin and decided to retool the idea a bit. So that's how the concept came about. The NP I had a lot of fun with as it was original a hold over from the original idea, but once I went with Ó Glacáin I tweaked it to being something brought about by it being deeply ingrained in popular culture. The ability to spread disease is based on something that plague doctors would unfortunately do as the lax hygiene standards of the period meant that the coats they wore were probably washed infrequently at best (and most certainly weren't sterilized to modern standards), and thus some would literally carry the plague.

Last edited by TheLordOfAwesome; April 3rd, 2020 at 12:31 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Glacáin: Cool sheet. Is the combo of Determination Of Steel and Single-Mindedness really necessary though? They feel a little redundant together, since both represent his resolve to dedicate himself to helping patients.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    To be shure with curses is it meant one that were cursed him/her/itself ,or would Count also those that used curses themselves and are death related figures like underworld deities also valid ?
    I'd assume that gods that are related to disease would count. An example would be Nergal and the Sumerian Summer Fever