Page 241 of 369 FirstFirst ... 141191231236239240241242243246251291341 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,820 of 7372

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Hey, sorry I didn't get either of my sheets in before submission period ended. I had to put sheet making on hold for a little bit because some of my family members have their anniversaries coming up (and I had to prepare somethings for it). However, I should be able to get back to all of my sheets now. In regards to the voting, I still need to look over all of the sheets, but just from a glance, everyone did so well this time, I might have a hard time choosing. Expect my votes sometime soon.

Blog Entries
    I considered making a Dishonorable Mentions special for this contest for everyone who missed the point of the contest. However, since that was, well, basically everyone, myself purposefully included, I nixed the idea. The prompt is just too dependent on outside factors that require more explanation than a typical sheet provides, after all.

Honorable Mentions
    Arthur Charles Clarke: I wanted to get into the reasons why I disliked this sheet like many similar ones, but Pine really beat me to the punch here. Like him, I just didn’t care by the true reveal.

Hachiko-Xolotl: “——Pray tell me...
    Then, why are you still here?”
    Just to suffer? Every night, I can still feel my belly rubs… and my pets... even my headpats. The master I lost… the comfort I’ve lost… won’t stop fading… It’s like he’s still there. You feel it too, don’t you?
    I’m just kinda nonplussed on this one. Xolotl just kinda feels out of place here, and more just to fill in the prompt than a natural combination with Hachiko.

Catherine Morland: I don’t want to start off a relationship with a burgeoning forumite off wrong, but I have to question why this exists. “To explain how Catherine counts as an 'unusual summon', it's mainly how much she twists the whole Berserker concept.” Not really? At the end of the day, she’s just a non-standard Berserker that doesn’t feel that unusual a summon. Add in weird details like “Jane Austen (Aspect)”, and I’m left a little cold to her. Sure, she’s interesting, kooky, and might be neat in a GW, but I don’t think she’s too special.

Unknown Soldiers: My friend told me of a fanfic that had Sigma summoning this exact Servant over a year ago. Did you write that? Did the stars just align? Whatever the case, I think the second NP is overkill, but I like the concept and execution enough to say things about it.

O-O-O: When I heard about her, I really wanted to place her lower, or not mention her at all, but I couldn’t do it. How could I tell this pure soul I thought she was worth so little? Not a vote, but she’s here.

1 Point
    Jane Frances de Chantal: A tragic tale of one lost to the depths. I feel like the music is actually pulling most of the weight here, because, my Lord, is it both wordy and in the smallest text. I think it’s good, even if I’m still wavering on Binder as a Class (despite helping in its development), but she just keeps talking. It’s poetic and character driven, but I ended up skimming past it because it was small, close, and extensive. Worth a vote, but not a high one.
    Also, for everyone praising the Makima FC, you can direct that credit to me.

2 Points
    James J. Kilroy: How dare you use Loid for this? I can’t believe the audacity. Add in the blatant challenge to one of my great masterpieces, and I must say shame!
    I feel like I’ve said this with a couple of your Servants, but this is better than it deserved to be. Another addition to your army of weirdos.

3 Points
    FOOTY: Ah, yes. The Game of Kings: Soccer. FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRREE
    I'm not really a fan of sports in the sense that I'm not like the almost cult-like groups for different teams, but I can appreciate watching the games themselves alongside the skill and effort put into them by the players. Seeing a Servant built on just the genuine love of a sport with a team of individuals all taken from the most football soccer anime of all time with Skills to match and an NP for one of perhaps the most once in a lifetime events involving it, I can't help placing it high. Just a fun read, even if I do think some parts are over explained.

I felt so mid reading a lot of Servants this contest, so I just voted for the ones I enjoyed reading.
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; August 27th, 2022 at 12:06 AM.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post

Catherine Morland: I don’t want to start off a relationship with a burgeoning forumite off wrong, but I have to question why this exists. “To explain how Catherine counts as an 'unusual summon', it's mainly how much she twists the whole Berserker concept.” Not really? At the end of the day, she’s just a non-standard Berserker that doesn’t feel that unusual a summon. Add in weird details like “Jane Austen (Aspect)”, and I’m left a little cold to her. Sure, she’s interesting, kooky, and might be neat in a GW, but I don’t think she’s too special.
    Technically I'm a burgeoning returning forumite, since my first post on BL was roughly ten years now, but anyway. I'll also admit that yeah, Catherine was a bit of a square peg in a round hole here, guess I was a little eager to make a contest sheet of her since she'd done fairly well on the Guess-A-Servant thread. The whole Aspect of Jane Austen thing though is something that will be expanded upon if I do further sheets of her

The cruel irony of it is that I later thought of and wrote up a Servant who would've fit quite well into this contest, had I not gotten the idea for them only after it ended

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NailsInYourFeet View Post
    The cruel irony of it is that I later thought of and wrote up a Servant who would've fit quite well into this contest, had I not gotten the idea for them only after it ended
    Big mood. I'm actually working on one like that currently.
    Also, shoot, I didn't even notice the join date. I just saw the posts and the fact I didn't recognize the name.
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; August 27th, 2022 at 01:21 PM.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    Had a question about sheets. Like I know submitted sheets can't be copypasted from elsewhere, but is it okay to also post our already submitted sheets up on other sites before the contest is called?

Blog Entries
    Thats fine for my interrim contest but here idk.
    If you didnt say anything, no one would probably notice, lol

And btw, morg did point me toward her, but for another saint we discussed months prior
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    I actually have gone ahead and posted Rosencrantz & Guildenstern's sheet somewhere else, but that's because at this point they have like zero chance of winning anyway

Hmm, out of curiousity, does anyone with a sheet in the lead have any thoughts on possible Themes for the next contest, if you're okay with saying?

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't think the actual first-placer would be willing to divulge much, to prevent anyone getting any unfair headstarts, but my previous themes have always been rather character-centric, like "love" and "dreamers". Might go for an all-out angst competition next time around. Forget lore and concepts; the one who makes me ugly-cry the most wins.

Edit:
    Alternatively, an "average people" contest where submissions cannot be 1) royalty 2) divinity 3) the first person to invent/discover something also sounds fun. It'd be a test to find average joes who don't stand out too much, but still managed to accomplish something noteworthy to be recorded on the Throne.
    Last edited by BnEl15; August 27th, 2022 at 06:10 AM.

Blog Entries
    mine were non-human, art and celebration. I keep mine broad so that people can be creative or simple.
    They also aligned with my specialties - Divine Spirits, artists, shitpost alts.
    I sure wont make a Foreigner contest, that wouldnt be fun.

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NailsInYourFeet View Post
    I actually have gone ahead and posted Rosencrantz & Guildenstern's sheet somewhere else, but that's because at this point they have like zero chance of winning anyway
    The sheet is yours, even if someone had a problem with you posting it elsewhere I don't think their opinion would matter lol
    Like you said, the only problem would be using a sheet that already existed elsewhere to participate, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Alternatively, an "average people" contest where submissions cannot be 1) royalty 2) divinity 3) the first person to invent/discover something also sounds fun. It'd be a test to find average joes who don't stand out too much, but still managed to accomplish something noteworthy to be recorded on the Throne.
    Literal who contest let's gooooo

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    roleplay as BnEl15 contest let's gooooo

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

I can't believe it's not Rider! DesReploid's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, I finally had the time to actually read all the sheets and get my votes in. But, I want to preface this by saying that I all the sheets in this contest were God damned bangers. I absolutely loved every one of them and everyone seems to have brought their A-Game for this contest. Genuinely stellar work by everybody involved.

With that said, to the points:
    1 Point: Shielder - O-O-O (Ozone Layer) by sutaa
    The idea itself here merits praise, I think. I for one certainly wouldn't have thought of personifying the ozone layer as a Servant and I'd say given the prompt this should definitely give some bonus poitns. The Shielder class is a perfect fit and gets some emotional mileage as well.

2 Points: Player - English Game by sutaa
    Although, as resident German Number 2, I should dislike this Servant on principle, in truth you had me at "HEY! HO! STAND UP! STAND UP! IF YOU LIKE FOOTBALL!". The sheet oozes with all the care put into it and I had a blast reading it. All the skills are perfectly fitting both from the perspective of a Servant and the inspiration in football. The Noble Phantasm being inspired by the Christmas Truce just makes me like it more, and gives the otherwise lighthearted Servant some historical weight. Although I'd like to call bullshit on an English football stadiums being a non-aggression area.

3 Points: MoonCancer - Xolotl-Hachiko by White Frenzy
    This one just kind of has it all. It's beautifully written, though this shouldn't really come as a surprise, and tells a story that makes my dog-loving heart sink in the best way possible. The connection between the two characters shouldn't really work, but it does here and helps the sheet fit wonderfully into the prompt of the contest. The sheet's length, surprisingly, didn't bother me, I actually didn't notice how long it was at first, which really speaks to the great writing of it, if my squirrel brain can focus on it without getting distracted in the first two seconds something must be really working in its writing.
    《 ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ 》

My Servant Compendium

《 ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ 》

Blog Entries
    Okay, I need to get my votes in. I want to write analysis, but brain is decaying in my skull, so I will come back and edit this. For now, have the points:

1 point to Watcher Kilroy

2 points to Mooncancer Hachiko

3 points to Foreigner Clarke

Honorable mentions go to Rozencrantz and Guildenstern, CCCP, and Catherine Morland.

I also want to give a paragraph or two to Binder, since that's a neat new thing.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So I had a long response prepared on a doc that ended up lost with a misclick. So instead take my off-cuff top of my head votes.

3 points: Hassan of the Blessed Fist
    - Dude this was really funny. Made my day and I think it might be a sheet I check out again when i'm havin a down day. thanks man.

2 points: Ozone Layer
    - Beautiful.

1 point: Hachiko-Xolotl
    - I can't just leave out what is probably the best sheet in the contest. That said others have and will vote this high so i'll give some high points to other sheetss that also deserve it. Sorry about that.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Magnus View Post
    3 points: Hassan of the Blessed Fist
    - Dude this was really funny. Made my day and I think it might be a sheet I check out again when i'm havin a down day. thanks man.
    Eyy, thanks dude, glad to hear it made ya smile

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar
    God this contest put me off my game. Unusual summons isnot quite my forte.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    3 points: Catherine Morland

2 points
    : Ozone Layer

1 point
    : James J. Kilroy

Blog Entries
    I can't put my finger on why, but I'm feeling really uncompelled to vote this time 'round. Maybe it's external factors affecting my mood, maybe its the abstract nature of the prompt.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drangle View Post
    I can't put my finger on why, but I'm feeling really uncompelled to vote this time 'round. Maybe it's external factors affecting my mood, maybe its the abstract nature of the prompt.
    Put them in a random generator, then use explaining why you liked them as a creative writing/gaslighting exercise

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    Put them in a random generator, then use explaining why you liked them as a creative writing/gaslighting exercise
    Did... did you just ask 'em to see who the dice would vote for?

...although that would be fun.
    Gaze upon the Throne of Heroes!(Servant Compendium)