Page 103 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3539398101102103104105108113153 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 3205

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Arcade

Quote Originally Posted by Justiciar Hux View Post
    Yes, she did.
    It's overwhelmingly likely that Draco isn't the Whore of Babylon, but rather a manifestation of the Beast of Revelations (or an incarnation of its will to be precise).
    She personally refers to herself as being the Beast that comes from beyond the waves, and Noah decries her as Sodom's Beast, the same name that Manaka calls her child by(1). She's also closely related to the sea, and is present when the Beast is ready to feast on a prosperous city.
    Imo, the order condescendi goes
    - Manaka: The Whore of Babylon (or, as the prose of Prototype phrases it, Mother Babylon).
    - Beast of Revelations: Manaka's child. The prophesied creature that signifies the end.
    - Bewitching Queen Draco: Embodiment of Revelations' will, or otherwise a representative of the Beast of Revelations itself. Possibly using the long-established fictionality and slander of "Nero Claudius is the Whore of Babylon" to create this fragment of itself, akin to how the British Isles created a body out of the fictional character Fairy King Oberon to act as the incarnation of its will.

(1)
    The full context reads as below

Manaka: “The anything and everything that drives numerous lives, history, and the world itself――――if this was like a Sci-fi film, yes I would call it maybe the space-time continuum. That event was a fixed event, you see, if I don’t shatter the cornerstone of human logic into tiny bits up till the present day, his wish won’t be granted. We need this child for that reason.”

Should he be smiling on top of swallowing all of that crap?
    Even so, on top of truly grasping all of that, what should he do, or rather should he even be attempting to guide this thing to its birth?

Manaka: “Sodom’s Beast: The being that will devour this city. No, it won’t end with just this city,
    please devour all of my belongings.”
    I have a theory that if Beast VI, regardless of split or version, always relates to the Beast of Revelations/Mother Harlot, then Draco is a catch-all term for its juvenile form. In the book of revelations, the dragon (lit. "draco", if you would) is described in much the same way as the beast in its first appearance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev 12:3
    And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great, fiery red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his heads.
    And it is the dragon that later brings about the beast of the sea:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev 13:1-4
    The dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority. One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast. People worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked, “Who is like the beast? Who can wage war against it?”
    And while it doesn't explicitly say that the dragon brings out the beast of the earth either, that piece follows right after the one about the beast of the sea, so there's a connection to be made, and the beast of the earth is said to "speak like a dragon" (Rev 13:11).

Basically, it wouldn't surprised me too much if Nasu just had Draco/the Dragon be the original/juvenile form of any "beast of revelation", and it then becomes either the beast of the sea, or the beast of the earth, with Nero!Draco obviously seeming to lean more towards the former. I don't know how this is supposed to connect with Sodom, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Didn't Manaka only summon one of the halves of Beast VI and isn't part of it herself? I always understood that Beast VI, like III, has an R and an L half (this from Arthur's trial quest in FGO), which are Mother Harlot/Nero and the Beast of 666, the difference being that instead of being antagonistic to each other they are collaborative. Indication that Nero is the true "owner" of the Beast of 666/Beast of the Sea is present I think in the Extra chapter of the Realta Nua Hanafuda minigame, where Nero somehow no-sells Manaka's Potnia Theron with Aestus Domus Aurea. Queen Draco in Arcade seems to be a "full" Beast VI, with R and L working together, similar to what Kiara could've become at the end of Ooku had she chosen to consume Mara (if I got that scene right).

I find the moniker of Queen Draco a bit strange, because the main interpratation of the Red Dragon is that it's supposed to be Satan/Lucifer himself and distinct from the Beast of the Sea, but as said before in the thread their description is very similar, with the horns and crowns, so I find that the simplest and most plausible answer is that in the Nasuverse they are the same being. The Beast from Prototype is described as draconic in appearence anyway, despite having leopard heads in the Bible, so I find very likely they are just considered one singular Beast of the Apocalypse. I have no idea why it's also Sodom's Beast, but the chapter title of Lilim Harlot is interesting because in a prophecy from the Hebrew Bible regarding the destiny of the city of Edom, it is said that, after its destruction, the Lilith shall find repose there, connecting the figure of Lilith to the destruction of a city, which seems to be the domain of Beast(s) VI.
    Last edited by TamamoRoute; January 20th, 2022 at 10:10 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    L & R were introduced in FGO, and Arthur apparently has enough familiarity with the both of them to quantify specific traits. If it's not inconsistent writing, then that should likely be referring to 666 and Manaka considering he would never have met Harlot. It could be we'll see a fight over the proper seats of VI, or 666 is the same Beast as Harlot and Manaka just summoned only half of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TamamoRoute View Post
    Didn't Manaka only summon one of the halves of Beast VI and isn't part of it herserf?
    Unknown. She helped Beast be born from the Grail Cauldron and was called/marked as Mother Babylon by Beast itself. She did do what was implied to be 665 virgin sacrifices to manifest Beast, but was unable to throw Ayaka as the final sacrifice, and she herself was thrown down as the final sacrifice instead. The ramifications of this are still unknown.

I always understood that Beast VI, like III, has an R and an L half (this from Arthur's trial quest in FGO), which are Mother Harlot/Nero and the Beast of 666, the difference being that instead of being antagonistic to each other they are collaborative. Indication that Nero is the true "owner" of the Beast of 666/Beast of the Sea is present I think in the Extra chapter of the Realta Nua Hanafuda minigame, where Nero somehow no-sells Manaka's Potnia Theron with Aestus Domus Aurea. Queen Draco in Arcade seems to be a "full" Beast VI, with R and L working together, similar to what Kiara could've become at the end of Ooku had she chosen to consume Mara (if I got that scene right).
    This is a fair assumption, but it's important to stick to the core details - we know an L and R exist of Beast VI, and not just from Arthur's Trial Quest, it's expanded on in his and Ozy's interlude as well. We really don't know what exactly is meant to go into L and R, as there are a myriad of combinations. We have the following factors now:

• Manaka, Mother Babylon, confirmed Potnia Theron ability
    • Beast, Manaka's cute little baby who was born in Fragments, Tokyo Holy Grail War 1991. Manifested with 7 heads and 10 crowns. Referred to as Sodom's Beast by Manaka.
    • Draco, while appearance wise she screams Mother(?) Harlot, she's not quite there yet and we'll see what she really is in the next Arcade story installation. Confirmed Third Planetary Level, equivelant to FGO's Beast VII at the moment and below the rank of Goetia. For all intents and purposes, treat Planetary Level power-ranking purely on mana resources. Ah and Noah called her Sodom's Beast.
    • Demonic Beast Brilliance/Feral Radiance , the 7 heads of the supposed Beast of Revelations, Crowns unknown. Also unknown if its related to Manaka's Beast or if it is one entity combined with Draco.

Possibilities include but are not limited to:
    • L = Manaka+Beast / R = Draco+Radiance
    • L = Manaka+Beast=Radiance / R = Draco+Beast=Radiance
    • L = Manaka=Draco / R = Beast=Radiance

Funky stuff.

I find the moniker of Queen Draco a bit strange, because the main interpratation of the Red Dragon is that it's supposed to be Satan/Lucifer himself and distinct from the Beast of the Sea, but as said before in the thread their description is very similar, with the horns and crowns, so I find that the simplest and most plausible answer is that in the Nasuverse they are the same being. The Beast from Prototype is described as draconic in appearence anyway, despite having leopard heads in the Bible, so I find very likely they are just considered one singular Beast of the Apocalypse. I have no idea why it's also Sodom's Beast, but the chapter title of Lilim Harlot is interesting because in a prophecy from the Hebrew Bible regarding the destiny of the city of Edom, it is said that, after its destruction, the Lilith shall find repose there, connecting the figure of Lilith to the destruction of a city, which seems to be the domain of Beast(s) VI.
    Yeah, we had this same confusion when reading Prototype Volume 5 too funny enough. There's some mish-mash of the descriptors for the Beast of Revelations that combines the Beast of the Sea , the Beast of the Earth, and Lucifer. Knowing Fate, they'll prooooobably just translate that into the Beast of Revelations having Lucifer's Authority, rather than being Lucifer itself.
    Last edited by BlameLib; January 20th, 2022 at 05:42 PM.
    • /r/grandorder Mod. Feel free to contact for any issues or questions.
    • Creating the ultimate TM content archive. Still WIP.
      https://tri-hermes.org/

Quote Originally Posted by BlameLib View Post
    Possibilities include but are not limited to:
    • L = Manaka+Beast / R = Draco+Radiance
    • L = Manaka+Beast=Radiance / R = Draco+Beast=Radiance
    • L = Manaka=Draco / R = Beast=Radiance
    I'm more inclined to the third option here, with the Prototype Beast and Feral Radiance being one and the same and Manaka having served only as a surrogate Draco/Mother Harlot during Fragments, as indicated by Nero (original Beast VI/L) suppressing her in the hanafuda minigame story (original>fake, etc.). I may be right, I may be wrong, we'll know when the next Arcade chapter drops, I hope.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    What is with you people and always drawing conclusions and saying things are bad and overcomplicated before the actual info is even out. We have no idea what Draco is at the moment, or which part of the Beast she is or what part of the Beast of Revelations she represents. Everything anyone says is guesswork, however good it may be. Just either chill out and wait for the actual reveal, or participate in the theorycrafting, but stop just throwing around "this is too complicated" and "this sucks lol" when we literally don't even know yet, please.
    To be fair, my comment was directed at Justiciar Hux as much as it was Type Moon. That was on me because I didn't quote their post but I wouldn't put it past Type Moon for another bait n' switch.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    What is with you people and always drawing conclusions and saying things are bad and overcomplicated before the actual info is even out. We have no idea what Draco is at the moment, or which part of the Beast she is or what part of the Beast of Revelations she represents. Everything anyone says is guesswork, however good it may be. Just either chill out and wait for the actual reveal, or participate in the theorycrafting, but stop just throwing around "this is too complicated" and "this sucks lol" when we literally don't even know yet, please.
    Name a better combo than Fate fans and not reading a work and drawing conclusions and opinions

Everyone keeps bringing up Hanafuda, where the heck can I even find it, I haven't had the faintest of luck

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    It was in hollow ataraxia but theres different versions of it from FSN special editions I think?

Everyone keeps bringing up Hanafuda, where the heck can I even find it, I haven't had the faintest of luck
    Here's a link to a video showing the gameplay of the part I mentioned (it's not subbed though, Nero vs Manaka "fight" starts at roughly 4:45 ): とびたて!超時空トラぶる花札大作戦 【赤セイバー&キャス狐&アチャ男】 3/4 - YouTube

The channel has videos showing the other parts of the game, but the one in discussion here is this one specifically. If it's against forum rules linking this then someone just tell me and I'll remove it.

I have a theory that if Beast VI, regardless of split or version, always relates to the Beast of Revelations/Mother Harlot, then Draco is a catch-all term for its juvenile form. In the book of revelations, the dragon (lit. "draco", if you would) is described in much the same way as the beast in its first appearance:

And it is the dragon that later brings about the beast of the sea:

And while it doesn't explicitly say that the dragon brings out the beast of the earth either, that piece follows right after the one about the beast of the sea, so there's a connection to be made, and the beast of the earth is said to "speak like a dragon" (Rev 13:11).

Basically, it wouldn't surprised me too much if Nasu just had Draco/the Dragon be the original/juvenile form of any "beast of revelation", and it then becomes either the beast of the sea, or the beast of the earth, with Nero!Draco obviously seeming to lean more towards the former. I don't know how this is supposed to connect with Sodom, though.
    Wait hold on a minute you're onto something. It was a whole thing in Fragments that the Beast of Revelations born there was borne of the earth, with the ritual being the Underground Saint Graph that was falsely hoisted as the Greater Grail, as there was never truly a grail, but the Grail Cauldron which could summon servants that was supplied by the Holy Church's Templars was really meant to manifest Beast of Revelations.

Origin of Earth
    Laugh, laugh, O’ foolish cardinal.
    The higher order being that you longed for won’t fulfil its advent into this far eastern city!
    For behold……

The one who awoke in the deep depths of the earth was the terrifying Beast, the one who was still materializing as it took in the Greater Grail was a great terror, the thing that it brought wasn’t salvation, but the realization of a prophecy.
    It was the advent of a scarlet beast which had been in sacred scriptures.
    When the people of the church came to know about it, it was already certain, that there would be no trace of Tokyo left.

Plus, there was also an instance of Odin!Bryn calling Manaka a Dráchen.

Dráchen Mention 1
    ???: “Brunhild. You’re so strong, aren’t you?”

A voice.
    Words.
    It was a sound that gave of an impression of a clear gentle breeze.
    The calm person that let you feel warm, had no cold ice in there.
    Even so.
    Lancer felt chills until they were fierce.
    Her eyes that should’ve been dyed with perfect insanity, open widely, in that instant.
    Focusing on a part of the roof of the Sunshine 60 building, a high rise that boasted a surface height of approximately 240 meters.
    She could see a small shadow of a girl, standing beside a metal lightning rod.
    Born as a human, it, had the shape of a lovely girl.

Lancer: “A Dráchen.”

Her lips, leaked the description of a dragon that spread controlling a life or death struggle with her beloved.
    She had never seen one before.
    However, certainly at first she couldn’t recognize that her huge presence rivalled a dragon’s that reigned over the earth with its evil, as she was paralyzed.

Dráchen Mention 2

He reached for his chest.
    It wouldn’t stop.
    He couldn’t stop it.
    The revival of an old kingdom?

Time.
    Space.
    All of those.

Since he heard those words from a human heart that would probably become the winner of the Holy
    Grail War, he couldn’t even be an emotionless doll.

So then why?

Ahh, then why!?

Obviously, the one who spoke this “something” had the form of a girl――――

Nigel: “Are you saying that you’ll destroy the cornerstone of humanity?

Manaka: “Yes.”

Nigel: “...For the sake of Saber’s wish, you’ll...destroy the world...!?”

Manaka: “Yes. Something wrong with that?”

Without hesitation.
    Without any hesitation whatsoever.

Nigel: “Why?”

Manaka: “Because he’s the one that I’ve completely fallen in love with.”

With a very straightforward response.
    It was simple to the point that it didn’t go no further, and, foolish to the point that it didn’t go no further.
    Truly she was pure like the mythological gods, innocent, she was the figure of pride who had been confided with the item that had the power to just hold the world in the palm of their hand.
    The fear and awe that swelled within him, and despite exposing these newly born explosive emotions, Nigel groaned.
    And then, he knew.

Strangely that was in the exact same way as when Lancer called the girl a “Dráchen.”

Despite also grasping at the emotions that he couldn’t even grasp himself, the little remaining ego, and the fragments of his consciousness that he had, made an extremely calm decision.
    The real reason Lancer, no, Brunhild went rogue.
    The source of that, conducted herself like she had taken back her faculties as the daughter of a god.

Nigel: “It’s, you...!?”

This girl.

This menace was trying to bring destruction to the world.
    She didn’t bat an eye on reaching the Root, and she was going to achieve her goal even if she had to offer all of creation as a sacrifice to it――――
    She was the one who surpassed even Fafnir’s greed, Potnia Theron!

Lancer was surely executing her rampage for this.
    Was the Norse God intervening with fate, in order to eradicate the existence of this person who’d probably become the winner of the Holy Grail War, or in order to stop this deed?
    Or, was this a deterrence caused by the world――――a mechanism to prevent the world’s destruction, or was it a part of something obstructing the journey where many mages try to reach the truth?

Putting this all together, your theory included...

One side of Beast VI is Dráchen/Manaka/Mother Babylon and her Beast of Revelations (Beast of the Earth) - Dráchen ascribed by a Germanic deity
    The other side of Beast VI is Draco/Nero/Lilin Harlot and her Demonic Beast Brilliance or Feral Radiance (Beast of the Sea) - Draco being of Latin origin

And as mentioned before, Drachen/Draco are just catch-all terms for their immature 'larvae' form so to speak.

While we did consider that Draco may not have anything to do with Nero, her migraine she showed off yesterday is pretty damning. Simply put, this is truly Living Nero that somehow got swept up into being an Evil of Humanity, probably by Agrippina's shenanigans, and Manaka/Beast of Revelations-Earth doesn't have much to do with her. Whether we'll see them interact like Hanafuda foreshadowed is yet to be seen, at the very least keep them within the theme of being rivals.

But we're back to the drawing board of the more basic questions then:
    • How exactly did Living Nero become an Evil of Humanity?
    • What timeline is she truly from? Are we only meant to have a single Beast VI but we got two because of two timelines producing them?
    • Where did her Demonic Beast Brillainces/Feral Radiances come from?
    • How did she get an absurd level of power?
    • How does Sodom's Beast connect the Beast of Earth and Draco-Nero? Does this imply that Draco-Nero is an implicit part of Beast of Sea, as Dráchen/Manaka is an implicit part of Beast of Earth, further shown through Draco-Nero having full control of the flood?

Stay tuned for the next episode Feito Onore Arukeido!

---

Here's a link to a video showing the gameplay of the part I mentioned (it's not subbed though, Nero vs Manaka "fight" starts at roughly 4:45 ): とびたて!超時空トラぶる花札大作戦 【赤セイバー&キャス狐&アチャ男】 3/4 - YouTube

The channel has videos showing the other parts of the game, but the one in discussion here is this one specifically. If it's against forum rules linking this then someone just tell me and I'll remove it.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by BlameLib; January 20th, 2022 at 09:37 PM.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    I just want a chance to smack fox and Nero for real.
    the only person who could smack them is Hakuno.

Blog Entries
    Going to throw some speculation here too. I think Sodom's Beast possibly refers to the Beast of the Earth from Islamic eschatology, and this Beast in turn is probably conflated with Book of Revelation's Beast from the Earth. In one source it is said that this Beast spoke to the people of Sodom right before their destruction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahb ibn Munabbih
    A beast comes out from under Sodom, it speaks to people, everyone hears it. (Hearing him) Pregnant women (out of fear) abort their children, fresh water becomes bitter, morality is destroyed, wisdom is burned, knowledge is lifted, the ground under the beast speaks, at that time people want what they cannot reach, they strive for what they cannot obtain, they stop, they work for what they cannot eat.

One side of Beast VI is Dráchen/Manaka/Mother Babylon and her Beast of Revelations (Beast of the Earth) - Dráchen ascribed by a Germanic deity
    The other side of Beast VI is Draco/Nero/Lilin Harlot and her Demonic Beast Brilliance or Feral Radiance (Beast of the Sea) - Draco being of Latin origin
    I... Actually agree with this theory

I'm still unsure about Draco's identity but as you already said the migraine she had makes us think of living Nero.

Is there a list of the Servants in this game?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    all playable or the Arcade only?

Probably on the GO subreddit idk

The playable ones, but I guess I'll look there then.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/...from_far_away/

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wi...arch#Servants_
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

I think people are trying to generalize the name Draco. Do we know who gave this name? Did she give it herself or Chad gave her?