Page 116 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1666106111114115116117118121126 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 3205

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Arcade

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Synaptic Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    why'd you want to just sit in game center and reading 1 hour long of the story.
    Fundamental problem of Arcade. It can't deliver on FGO's greatest strength, the story.

I want to ask somebody who plays Arcade frequently if the gameplay is fun enough to make up for that. However, I would be shocked if there's a single person in this thread who does. At best there's probably someone who's tried it a couple times then never again.

マリーの味方
    I played it while in Japan, it was ok. The best part was clearly having physical versions of your cards so it makes spending money on gacha feel less like funneling money into the void.

I have all Marie's ascensions in physical form as proof of my devotion.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Know that I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    KH sounds like he just want to go back to his crib as soon as possible.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic Star View Post
    This raises a question, how many timelines are there? Timelines get pruned frequently so to me, it never seemed like there would be millions.
    Pruning happens at intervals, so the number of timelines is dependent on the proximity to the prune.
    The lowest number would be right when the QTL is made, the highest number before the QTL is made.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Synaptic Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I played it while in Japan, it was ok. The best part was clearly having physical versions of your cards so it makes spending money on gacha feel less like funneling money into the void.
    Just ok? Is it worth paying for playtime to grind? I imagine a lot of people stop playing at some point to just stare at their physical collection.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Pruning happens at intervals, so the number of timelines is dependent on the proximity to the prune.
    The lowest number would be right when the QTL is made, the highest number before the QTL is made.
    What is the range in timeline numbers? Is it in the millions?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What is the range in timeline numbers? Is it in the millions?
    I don't think there is an answer.

The range of timelines from QTL A to QTL B would depend on the specific QTLs, since the QTL is determined by the mean event with the greatest potential.
    "Greatest potential" implies the number of timelines that survive each round of QTL changes.
    One million timelines could make it past one QTL but only a thousand make through the next or vice versa. The concept is less about the magnitude and more the ebb and cull.
    The range would therefore be "the lowest amount of timelines" to "the most the solar system can maintain"
    I don't think anyone can definitively say that the solar system cannot maintain a million timelines. However, if you want a hard-ish? limit:
    Quote Originally Posted by extra mats
    People who devote their life to bringing salvation to Sattvas (living things) are referred to as Bodhisattvas. People who have attained moksha (libertation/release) and become Buddhas are also Bodhisattvas. A Bodhisattva is a Deva [deity] of universe’s scale and power, and can easily manage things on the scale of the Solar System.
    This part is my headcanon but perhaps different QTLs also give rise to intervals where the number of timelines proliferate at different rates as well. Since potential doesn't need to just mean highest number remaining, but could mean the viability of those timelines to produce other timelines. For instance one QTL giving rise to 10,000 timelines and each of those timelines give rise to a new timeline every 2 h vs QTL that leaves 1,000 timelines but each of those timelines result in a new timeline every 20 mins. Either way, there are many ways to interpret how the time tree grows. Trying to figure out hard numbers or even ballpark numbers for the bounds seems difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Timeline stuff was a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    The greater definition of Ars Nova isnt "Deletes Solomon from the Throne" its "Nobody will ever feel the need to summon Solomon from the throne" its not that theres no Solomon in the throne its that any mage thinking to summon Solomon will just go "nah, lets pick someone else this guy sucks"
    Iunno sounds like removal/deletion to me!

Spoiler:

"The Time of Parting Has Come, He Is the One Who Lets Go of the World"
    Are Nova.
    The first Noble Phantasm of King Solomon.
    Rather than Goetia, this is a Noble Phantasm possessed by the true King Solomon.
    A poem of farewell in which he relinquishes of all the exploits accomplished, all the miracles performed, all the magecrafts established until then.

Upon invoking his Noble Phantasm, Solomon sends all the graces bestowed by God back to heavens and loses the eyes that gaze at the world.
    The result is King Solomon’s death.
    From another angle, this also means the self-destruction of the 72 demons.
    It can also be described as a safety device prepared by Solomon, in order to destroy “magecraft” when it becomes an evil for humans in the distant future.
    When this is employed as a Noble Phantasm, all traces of King Solomon are extinguished from this world.
    ---even from the Throne of Heroes.

Last edited by Byegod; March 18th, 2022 at 03:27 AM.

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    Also both Goetia and Solomon directly state it in the Temple of Time, after Ars Nova is invoked
    To wit (while I'm using my own translation of the scene, the NA one doesn't miss anything relevant to the topic)

Spoiler:
    Goetia:
    It's not that simple...!
    You just gave up being a Heroic Spirit!
    It's not just giving up your life.
    --- It's the complete abandonment of your entire existence, your everything!
    Everything completed by King Solomon will become worthless.
    The Temple of Time will lose its quality of "infinite time".
    We 72 Demon Gods will be unwound to our origins, to being individual Demon Gods instead of a colony...!
    Neither the figure nor achievements of King Solomon will appear on the Earth again!
    You understand that! You're about to be wiped from even the Throne of Heroes!
    My Bands of Light are gentle by comparison!
    You're about to attain "Nothingness"!
    Arriving at an end that no one in humanity has ever achieved---
    You'll be annihilating your own existence by your own hands!

Guda) ...... Eh?

Romani Archaman:
    ... That's right.
    My status as a Heroic Spirit has already disappeared.
    I wouldn't call it dying, though.
    But, from this point on, the Heroic Spirit known as Solomon will disappear.

God's human proxy will no longer exist in Human History.
    The surface will be ruled by human wisdom, and by the laws of physics.
    --- King of Mages, Solomon.
    With his total disappearance, the Age of Gods will finally come to a complete end.

re:Timelines
    The easiest way to think about it is that there are countless timelines, but they are not infinite.
    Zepia tells us that in Case Files, and it's implicit when Goetia says he wrung out nearly infinite energy from humanity, not truly infinite energy.
    It's like the stars in the sky; how many are there? You could estimate, sure, but ultimately, it's a number so huge that they are beyond counting, but they are not infinite either.
    At least not within the scope of the observable universe.

JP Friend Code
    I suggest you both rereading Ars Nova's description in the material IV.

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    I suggest you reread Ars Nova, because I don't think it says what you seem to think it says.
    Rather, it precisely aligns with what the story (i.e. the most important matter) says it does, and elaborates upon the system behind that; by invoking Ars Nova, Solomon indicates that he has completed his work, and therefore will never be called upon again. No more lingering regrets, leftover desires, or stagnant remnants; he has completed all his duties and thus removed himself from the Throne.
    And as point of order, the very text you cite states that Solomon erases himself from the Throne in the doing of Ars Nova.
    What it does not state, and indeed the two should not be equated, is that the erasure of Solomon from the Throne of Heroes is the same as the complete destruction of all Solomons backwards in time, or the complete obliteration of his spirit; rather, he has simply moved on, and entered a state in which no one will ask for his aid again.
    Last edited by Justiciar Hux; March 18th, 2022 at 06:43 AM. Reason: two brain cells fired; forgot a "the"

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    I suggest you both rereading Ars Nova's description in the material IV.
    I was quoting the mats themselves you realize...

JP Friend Code
    But you didn't post the explanation of those lines. Ignoring the full context and explanation is bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Justiciar Hux View Post
    What it does not state, and indeed the two should not be equated, is that the erasure of Solomon from the Throne of Heroes is the same as the complete destruction of all Solomons backwards in time, or the complete obliteration of his spirit; rather, he has simply moved on, and entered a state in which no one will ask for his aid again.
    And that is the point madarra said. The first parts claiming he is removed from the throne, then the later parts clarified what "being deleted from the throne" actually means here. It's locking the access to his records in the throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    But you didn't post the explanation of those lines. Ignoring the full context and explanation is bad.

- - - Updated - - -

And that is the point madarra said. The first parts claiming he is removed from the throne, then the later parts clarified what "being deleted from the throne" actually means here. It's locking the access to his records in the throne.
    Well can you post them? and the issue here is the simple nature of putting the throne outside of time makes applying such a thing as 'can summon ------> cannot summon' a odd prospect to grapple with

JP Friend Code
    https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...and-Order-Mats
    Literally in the first post index.

- - - Updated - - -

The whole can/cannot summon has been a thing for awhile now so idk why you complain about it just now.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Castor's translations are so crazy. They make me smile everytime.

In some way it is not too odd that Nasu didn't write too much about the mechanics of the Grand Servants in the materials yet, because he likes to keep things under wrap until they're ready to fully uncovered at the story's conclusion. In that sense, I almost feel like it is too early to judge exactly what the meaning of the Grand Crown is, and what the exact mechanics of throwing it away entails.
    Last edited by Petrikow; March 18th, 2022 at 10:25 PM.

Throwing away the Crown is quitting the job and the power boost is just from the unused vacation days being converted into power for payment

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Well can you post them? and the issue here is the simple nature of putting the throne outside of time makes applying such a thing as 'can summon ------> cannot summon' a odd prospect to grapple with
    In case you have trouble finding it, it's the bolded part.
    Ars Nova on Solomon

Ars Nova.
    The First Noble Phantasm. A Noble Phantasm that belongs not to Goetia, but to the true King Solomon (Dr. Roman).
    The exploits that he had fulfilled until now, the miracles that he had accomplished until now, the magic that he had achieved until now; it is a poem of parting that lets go of it all.
    Upon the invocation of this Noble Phantasm, Solomon returns back to the heavens the graces that he had received from God, losing his eye that gazes at the world.
    The result is the death of King Solomon. And conversely, the disintegration of the 72 demon gods.
    It can be said to be the safety device that Solomon had prepared for the sake of destroying "magic", should the time in a distant future comes when it becomes an evil for human.
    ...When this Noble Phantasm is employed, Solomon would vanish from even the Throne of Heroes.

Solomon's complete evanescence implies not of erasure of all traces of Solomon, but rather that that everything that he must do now had been completed.
    ...Each and every living existences have things they had left undone as their time is concluded and ended. No matter how flawless they had live their life, they would always leave behind a "remnant".
    Those "remnants" will then be carried over by the people that will continue even further, bringing to forth the path of human history.

A complete evanescence means an ascenscion from this very path.
    To accomplish every task one is granted with, a state of existence where one no longer has any matter undone.

There is no longer any need to defeat him, nor the need to rely on him.
    No longer will anyone ask of him,
    no longer will anyone bear the burden of his death,
    no longer will anyone ask for his help, for his accomplishment.

That is what it means to disappear even from the Throne of Heroes.

To be released from the duty of life, to have completed all the task one is burdened with in this universe.
    The messiah is the sole being among the mankind to have attained enlightenment, but the coward had attained and arrived on a "destination" of a different bearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Castor's translations are so crazy. They make me smile everytime.

In some way it is not too odd that Nasu didn't write too much about the mechanics of the Grand Servants in the materials yet, because he likes to keep things under wrap until they're ready to fully uncovered at the story's conclusion. In that sense, I almost feel like it is too early to judge exactly what the meaning of the Grand Crown is, and what the exact mechanics of throwing it away entails.
    My line of thinking that I'm holding onto for now (that isn't so much about what the grand crowns are or what throwing it away entails) is that because Grands are based on Beasts, and the Beast horns were also called a crown in Olympus, I expect it to be entirely possible for a Beast to discard their crown for a similar kamikaze boost like the Grands can, and we just haven't seen that utilized yet (but might for UOM since it was for her specifically it was called a crown too). Of course this depends a bit on how the discard works, but the mechanic and result might still be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gehennahem's Avatar
    This raises a question, how many timelines are there? Timelines get pruned frequently so to me, it never seemed like there would be millions.
    To throw my 2 cents into this, There is never an answer about how many timelines there are max but Extella does state it cannot support them indefinitely which is why they are cut off at 100 year Intervals. Timelines get pruned easily because the ones that pass through the QTL become the immutable truth of Humanity(and again, there's equally no said number for how many pass. For example 3-4 Timelines canonically pass through the QTL in Extella, The True Route, Tamamo's Route, Karna's Route and Artoria's) and considering how Nasu does explain the differences between the Anime and the VN, potentially the adaptations count too as their own timelines and so would the Bad/Dead Ends and there you go.