Page 143 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4393133138141142143144145148153 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 3205

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Arcade

I think what a lot of you get hung up on is the idea of Nasu stepping down being the same as FGO being shut down. Sure, that interview linked above does mention closing service, later interviews have all leaned more towards Nasu himself stepping down, and these aren't necessarily the same thing. Nasu can end the "main story" of FGO without end of service, and just leave whatever side story-esque thing that comes after it up to other writers. He doesn't have to choose between story integrity and making money, and nobody should honestly expect him to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    Something about the Lostbelts and Singularities being just simulations
    They are not that kind of simulation.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Blog Entries
    It does have enough simulacra layers to pull off the Danganronpa method of "franchise suicide by being too meta".

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    I think what a lot of you get hung up on is the idea of Nasu stepping down being the same as FGO being shut down. Sure, that interview linked above does mention closing service, later interviews have all leaned more towards Nasu himself stepping down, and these aren't necessarily the same thing. Nasu can end the "main story" of FGO without end of service, and just leave whatever side story-esque thing that comes after it up to other writers. He doesn't have to choose between story integrity and making money, and nobody should honestly expect him to.
    I don't think the game shuts down 1 year after the story ends even if they talked about ending service but I don't think they keep it going indefinitely either. The interviews point towards a very hard end for the story to where he mentioned that unlike FSN where Shirou's story continue, FGO would emphasize the end of FGO. Maybe it will be an eva-ending and the world is completely reset and everyone is living the normie life. He knows people will want more but seems to be steering it towards that end anyway given everyone involved seemingly signed on to whatever hooks and gimmicks he has planned for the end. I suspect they will just have fan-disc like nonsense events and similar content until the game bleeds dry. Probably taking place chronologically before whatever the ending point is. Or something like that. What I don't see is FGO part III/FGO2 where the goonies roll into the next big threat ad nauseam. They have a lot of options tbh. They could just rebrand it, change the setting/world and import what actually matters(the servants). They could just try their hand at a completely new game too. Only time will tell what form it takes though.

Remember the evil shadow in Londres in place of Solomon? I wonder if the idea original was use some kind of lite version of Solomon storyline before the decided for Beast VI/S or if is foreshadowing for Arcade Part 2 about the true mastermind of...something.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle sentence's Avatar
    It was "end of Chaldea" back in time, but latest interviews it is just "end of the Cosmos in the Lostbelt".
    I like 99% sure he would just let Sakurai or whoever else write Part 3. He actually mentioned that he may consider writing Part 3 and has some ideas even back in the time.

With the end of part 2 approaching, Nasu is also thinking about what comes after the completion of the story. He says that part 2 of FGO is akin to a full course dinner, with Type-Moon pulling all of their effort into its completion, and that what comes next depends entirely on the players, and whether they say that they cannot eat anymore, or want seconds. He feels that if there are people who want to play more after the story is completed, then as the creators it is their duty to put more work into having players enjoy the game, and so they came up with two possible directions to go in after the story is completed: One which is a direct continuation to the story from after part 2, and one where Chaldea’s story is completely ended with part 2, and a different story begins. Nasu has come up with drafts, but says that ultimately it will be the players who decide what happens in the end.

(4th anniversary)

Blog Entries
    Personally I would like FGO to just churn out mini-chapters like Epic of Remnants instead of a Part 3. Would be best if they just allocate the massive resource they got from FGO to make a better game instead.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    FGO going full time squad please

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar
    i'm 100% its getting a part 3. Nasu stepping down just means that he won't be at the helm. According to you guys this would be a good thing as now you can get lame servant-less stories with witches and moon vampires.
    The most interesting part about this would be the differences between nasu's style and someone elses. We could get a really epic story out of this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    According to you guys this would be a good thing as now you can get lame servant-less stories with witches and moon vampires.
    Still a million times better than whatever soulless garbage Arcade is shitting up right now.

US Friend Code
    I think Epic of Remnant style chapters that aren't really connected is the most realistic outcome, with Nasu maybe stepping in now and then to write one himself.

Of course knowing Nasu he won't be able to stay away, how many times has he said "I'm done writing x" only to go back to it eventually anyway?

Depends on the ending, the ending will define a lot of things for TM future, depending on how good or how bad it is.

JP Friend Code
    It is better for them to just make a FGO2. They said they were pushing as far as they can with the current FGO messy and outdated structure. Ending the service for FGO to introduce a FGO2 that was secretly in development sounds fine to me.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Depends on the ending, the ending will define a lot of things for TM future, depending on how good or how bad it is.
    i'm not sure what you mean by this. I think the whole mobile game has already done that pushing the company into a modern era of story telling. games like FGO is the future of many franchises and they have already proven that they can have a mobile game and still have a long epic story.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I think Epic of Remnant style chapters that aren't really connected is the most realistic outcome, with Nasu maybe stepping in now and then to write one himself.

Of course knowing Nasu he won't be able to stay away, how many times has he said "I'm done writing x" only to go back to it eventually anyway?
    FGO might do this, but even if they do it should still be connected. But really I just don't think they want to do that long term. They will almost have to match the energy of the lostbelts in some way. The saga is what is keeping players interested and I doubt an easter egg hunt after the big bad is defeated will keep people's interest.
    Last edited by Ubergeneral; April 25th, 2022 at 01:32 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Synaptic Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    It is better for them to just make a FGO2. They said they were pushing as far as they can with the current FGO messy and outdated structure. Ending the service for FGO to introduce a FGO2 that was secretly in development sounds fine to me.
    Speaking of which, what is the chance that FGO 2 is secretly in development right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Will it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    In theory it's a good idea until you consider that everything everyone has dumped tons of money for will be gone. Of course, that's the nature of gacha and online games, but here it'd arguably be worse because it'd be like they're telling you "yeah you can keep playing, just pay up again". Because, let's face it, there's no way they would ever let you transfer anything over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    According to you guys this would be a good thing as now you can get lame servant-less stories with witches and moon vampires.
    What did he mean by this

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Never?

US Friend Code
    I thought it was a thing with Extra a few times.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic Star View Post
    Speaking of which, what is the chance that FGO 2 is secretly in development right now?
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    In theory it's a good idea until you consider that everything everyone has dumped tons of money for will be gone. Of course, that's the nature of gacha and online games, but here it'd arguably be worse because it'd be like they're telling you "yeah you can keep playing, just pay up again". Because, let's face it, there's no way they would ever let you transfer anything over.
    FGO2 is actually Fate/Extella 3, where your Chaldea equivalent is Hakuno's harem squad in the Moon Cell and you print servants to send to save Earth from the same Moon Cell 3D printer that created Sefar on Earth in the past. And the game will launch in 2030.