The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    whore and harlot tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Just good ol' wholesome Christian shittalking. To be fair, John was figuratively (and some say literally) tripping balls when he wrote the Apocalypse, so it's no surprise.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Whore of Babylon/Mother Harlot/MYSTERY is more like Gluttony than Lust

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Whore of Babylon/Mother Harlot/MYSTERY is more like Gluttony than Lust
    Yeah, if you also check fragments, Sakurai went harder on the gluttony aspect rather than lust when describing them

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caligula in Dantes' event
    The sin of gluttony: my Rome's malignantness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proto Merlin in Arthur's Trial Quest
    [Your feelings for Ayaka] might be in a spiral of gluttony. If you don't continue your journey, that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragments
    Embodiment of avarice and gluttony, thy name is Beast.
    Sakurai is often not a fan of being subtle.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I can respect the lady, sometimes subtlety is for cowards

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Synaptic Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssgth View Post
    I suppose. There might be enough people willing to double-dip. The funniest possible scenario is that they purposefully withhold her from Mobile, reducing their profits, solely and openly to spite the filthy gaijin. Type-Moon’s attitude towards overseas markets ranges from apathy to disdain, so I could see it happening
    While I agree an exclusive Beast would be shit, you have to be feeling persecuted in order to think they're doing this to "solely and openly spite the filthy gaijin". Arcade was so not doing so good recently due to obvious reasons and they wanted to give it a push thus exclusives. It's bad that Arcade isn't available outside Japan but Arcade is bad in other areas that even if Arcade was available, it would still be inaccessible for many. On top of the gacha, you have to pay for every second you spend in the game that has grinding and raids. Would you pay the price to go though the singularities?
    Last edited by Synaptic Star; April 14th, 2021 at 01:57 AM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    I’m joking around—I’m saying that they would literally publicly state “we’re putting her in Arcade but not in Mobile to keep her off the global server.” I sincerely doubt it would happen, but it would be really funny if it did

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Yeah, if you also check fragments, Sakurai went harder on the gluttony aspect rather than lust when describing them
    I remember hearing how the seven main Fate series, through their main villain and hero (unless they were a player stand in), were supposed to represent the seven deadly sins. Is there faith in that theory here?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What are we even counting as "the seven main Fate series"? stay Night+Zero, Fake, Proto+Frags, Apocrypha, Extra+CCC, Requiem and GO?

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    What are we even counting as "the seven main Fate series"? stay Night+Zero, Fake, Proto+Frags, Apocrypha, Extra+CCC, Requiem and GO?
    Yeah basically, with HA added to the first group. It was rather incomplete given how some of the series haven't finished yet, but the list went something like:
    SN/Z/HA - Wrath - Angra's a living curse, and Shirou and Kiritsugu have a strong theme of personal justice, with justice and wrath being heavily linked.
    Apoc - Greed - Amakusa's the Avatar of Greed in Prison Tower event, and Seig has a 'greedy dragon' inside him as the story constantly wants to point out. Also Siegfried's choice can be seen as an act of greed.
    Extra+CCC - Lust - Kiara is basically lust incarnate and Buddha is positioned as her opposite. The two extreme ends of the scale.
    Proto - Gluttony like you listed. Can't recall what linked Arthur to it, but I suppose he gave up on a worldly desire in the end.
    Requiem - Sloth - the world has stagnated, and Voyager is the fulfilment of the wish of the Goddess of Catalhoyuk with humanity showing they've matured enough to leave home. FGO Erice gives strong Tiamat vibes, who wanted to regress the world back to an infant state.

FGO was speculated to be Envy given our mascot feeds off of envy, Goetia has a stare that can leave you trapped in a world where you relive your past mistakes and keep getting reminded of your flaws, and Olga is envious of everyone, wanting to outshine them. And the Lostbelts are supposed to be humanity's 'losers' fighting back, some form of revenge from those that are jealous we won.
    And I don't really know if anyone knows who the hero or villain in FSF is supposed to be yet.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The series weren't planned as a bundle nor by the same person, so all of that is entirely coincidental, but it's fascinating see how well it all fits. Even FsF, which is only assigned to Pride by rule of elimination has potential to fit, as the common thread between its co-protagonists Ayaka and Sigma is that they both start with less than zero self-esteem and grow to healthily value themselves throughout their character arcs.

Yeah, but I suppose it depends on what the original version of Prototype was like. The reworked version we're getting through Fragments likely retcons a bit, so I have to wonder if Beast 666 was supposed to be so gluttonous. Apoc doesn't seem like a coincidence though, or at least Nasu seemed to want a strong theme of greed at least. Whether or not this was to make a set I don't know.

On a side note, FGO and related stuff being envy would be incredibly appropriate given how Arcade is turning out.

If we're going with Pride for SF, the hubris of the US government seems like the big thing

US Friend Code
    Might be too cynical but my first thought seeing this was "I hope this doesn't mean they're skipping the rerun on mobile".

Gray's model looks kind of cheap compared to everyone else, is it just me?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It’s the unmoving cape, I believe.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ereshkigal has the same issue
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

What is up with her shoulders? Isn't her cape supposed to cover them?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Synaptic Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Gray's model looks kind of cheap compared to everyone else, is it just me?
    When arcade was new, I found all the models to be good but as time went on, I found more and more models to look janky. This is just feelings based on imperfect memories though and I suspect that if I looked at models again in chronological order, I wouldn't be able to resee that trend.