Page 49 of 161 FirstFirst ... 39444748495051545999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Arcade

The salt towards Arcade will be amazing to watch if Beast VI ends up appearing in it.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Synaptic Star's Avatar
    Man, Arcade really is ramping up their exclusives. At first it didn't bother me and it still kinda doesn't but as Arcade continues to ramp up the exclusives it becomes harder and harder to not care.

Exclusive costumes? Whatever, it's easier to make a costume on a 3d model than a 2d sprite and it's just cosmetics.
    Exclusive welfare(Da Vinci Lily)? Mobile still got her, you just have to pay saint quartz...
    Exclusive Santa(Helena)? We only get one Santa a year so it's not that outrageous that Arcade might have a different one for their Christmas. Even if Arcade didn't exist, mobile still wouldn't have Santa Helena and Suzuka unless they want to give up Nightingale and Karna.
    Exclusive new character(Proto-Merlin)? Mobile has more units than Arcade so Arcade has to do something to attract people. Also you just know that if proto-Merlin was ever implemented in mobile, she will be yet another stupid overpowered SSR support Caster who breaks the meta like Merlin, Skadi, and Castoria so I personally want her to be permanently exclusive.
    Exclusive character anticipated in mobile for a long time(Sita)? Okay now that's just mean. I don't care about Sita but I can understand anyone who does care being very pissed.
    Exclusive character that I found Cu, err I mean cool(Setanta)? The first and so far only exclusive character that made go "I want that" when I saw it. Still though it's only my feelings and most of the playerbase aren't that bothered compared to what came before. Plus, there's already four Cus in mobile.
    Exclusive singularity(Jerusalem)? Part 1 in Mobile has been over for a long time so it would take some major contrivance to get Jerusalem in mobile. That being said, an entire exclusive story chapter. Damn.

Right now we're on the verge on what looks like an exclusive Beast. I don't think they're going to ramp anymore after this but I already thought that multiple times and was wrong everytime so who knows. Beasts are the main villains of the fgo plot so wouldn't it leave a huge gap in the story if some of them are exclusive? What's going to happen after Beast VII is defeated?
    "At last, all the Evils of Humanity have been slain"
    "Isn't Beast VI still alive?"
    "So is Beast III, we're going home now"
    "But, but, but..."
    "The story is over"

My personal pet theory for why Arcade getting all this exclusive stuff is that Typemoon for varies reasons don't like DW anymore and thus is doing favors for Sega.
    Last edited by Synaptic Star; March 10th, 2021 at 08:26 AM.

Personally, I don't see Beast VI being exclusive to Arcade because it would be a big dick move to tease it for years on mobile (ever since Arthur's debut during EoR) just to have it ended up there, leaving the plotline that they tease throught Arthur's trial quest and several interludes just up in the air on mobile

So, asuming the theory is right, and tracing back VI's plan:
    After getting defeated twice by Arthur (on Fragments and Prototype), VI started to travel throught different worlds while being chase by Arthur.
    Then it settled in a world, burn it down and created seven singularities around seven cities that replicate Goetia's singularities, however VI chose it own's actors (servants that appear and carry its plan, which is why the Lion King that's beyond their control wasn't called. But it still appeared thanks to Ozy and Medjed (Nito) to aid Chaldea)
    We can also assume the world may be the Proto world due to Proto-Merlin's presence (so, it ended up back where it started but some years into the future?)
    While Chaldea has been fixing the singularities however the world has been slowly eroded, consume by whatever is that red light on the edges of the singularities (it first appear on America but is more pronounce in Jerusalem)
    There is also being point out repeatedly it that there is more than just one Chaldea in Arcade

Given all this my guess it may be a collab event between mobile and arcade? We get some story introducing the plot above to mobile players and ended with a raid that happens at the same time that in Arcade to defeat both halves of VI. The raids happening at the same time on both games to give a sense of the world hopping plotline to the players as the Chaldeas of all timelines band together to defeat VI

On the other hand, however, can't avoid wonder if VI is somehow the responsible one for Fuyuki's current state. I wouldn't put it pass them to be able to do that and they seem fixated on particular cities for their plan. So after defeating the seven neck in I'm assuming Babylon (not Babylonia), we got back to Singularity F for the final showdown. Maybe VI chose and burned the Fuyuki's in all timelines to get a hold of the grail mud to turned it into their beast mud and increase their power to face Arthur one last time
    Last edited by Lobo; March 10th, 2021 at 09:36 AM.

Beast VI being the one responsible for Singularity F is interesting, though a bit unlikely as it may have to do more closely with Goetia's 'birth' in the 2004 Holy Grail War. Of course this begs the question of why Arcade had Singularity F if Goetia and Romani are nonexistent. So it can really go either way. Definitely leaning towards Beast VI producing its own version of Singularity F in Arcade timeline.

The red light on the edges of the singularities you pointed out is really interesting, perhaps those are indicative of the "decay of civilization" that Arthur mentioned in his Trial Quest. Or could even be the lingering miasma left behind by Beast VI.

What really stands out to me is Arthur's personal timeline in all this. Since he isn't our Servant and is only contracted to us, it makes sense for him to have not gotten into the Spirit Origin Briefcase that Da Vinci huddled all the Servants into when escaping from Chaldea. Arthur had to have been out and about when the Bleaching happened. He couldn't have been outside when it happened presumably, so perhaps he rayshifted to another timeline, Arcade timeline. This would make him having 9 seals unlocked in Arcade make sense, as he's gotten closer to Beast VI and is after meeting us, where he showed having six seals unlocked. So to recap his timeline:

Life --> Tokyo War 1991 --> Tokyo War 1999 --> Avalon meeting with Proto Merlin --> Singularity meeting with Guda in FGO timeline --> Bliping in and out of Chaldea for various interlude appearances --> Rayshifted to Arcade Timeline --> Rayshift back to FGO timeline for final showdown?

The only caveat is when Arthur's interlude would take place. Presumably it would have to have been before Arc 2 hits since Arthur still mentioned that he only fought and lost to the Beast twice. It's still fairly weird since Bradamante is in the interlude but oh well lol. Bradamante being summoned in Arc 1.5 instead can be pretty easily handwaved.

The funny thing is that if Beast VI and Arthur come crashing back into our timeline, our favorite dork Arthur will go "Make it three times I've lost to this thing."

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Is Beast VI the one that's maybe Nero? Because I can see people getting real pissed if a Saberface is Arcade only.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Is Beast VI the one that's maybe Nero?
    Yeah, Beast VI has two halves like III, the Beast of Revelation (that appeared on Prototype) and Mother Harlot (strongly implied to be Nero)

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    I don't see why it would be a problem to take out half of Beast VI in Arcade, and the other half in Mobile. It also would help tie up all the beasts before the end of part two. I can easily see a fight against Mother Harlot in Arcade and Manaka in mobile, perhaps even at the same time.

Also, whether people like it or not Arcade is its own work now so it will continue to get exclusive content, because it is not Fate/Grand Order it's Fate/Grand Order Arcade.

US Friend Code
    If they do one half of VI in Arcade and the other in mobile, I don't know which one would really work in Arcade. Calling the Demon Pillars "necks" implies it's Beast of Revelations (since it has multiple heads) but on the other hand mobile has already had some buildup to Arthur confronting it there. And if Arcade goes for Nero, well, they sure haven't been dropping any hints about her there. She'd feel pretty out of nowhere.

I mean, some of Nero's interludes and even some of her character materials have also been building up to her character arc as Mother Harlot. To just have that conclude in another game would be kind of weird in a similar way to Arthur. Plus, the fact that she was datamined way back in the day.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Characters being used as marketing by being built-up in one work only to be relevant in another is just the natural path for Fate to follow after what it has been doing last these few years.
    They've done it before anyway, Arcade is just a nice opportunity to ramp up that strategy.

I'm surprised so many are incredulous at the prospect of Mother Harlot or the Beast of Revelations in Arcade after Proto Merlin, another sparingly mentioned and highly anticipated character, was released there.

"Oh but how'll they explain a Beast missing in the mobile story?"

Maybe I'm wrong, but they still refuse to directly reference events in story chapters, right? So there's your answer. It'll be treated the same way they've treated Kiara (and maybe Kama but I haven't read LB4).
    Last edited by pinetree; March 10th, 2021 at 06:04 PM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Mother Harlot was datamined for the mobile version specifically. It’s not technically public information, but not putting her in mobile would signify a change from previous plans in order to screw it over in favor of Arcade.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssgth View Post
    Mother Harlot was datamined for the mobile version specifically. It’s not technically public information, but not putting her in mobile would signify a change from previous plans in order to screw it over in favor of Arcade.
    It's a leak, there wasn't even anything done besides name and class. Plans change. Also

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Mother Harlot or the Beast of Revelations

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    I think you fundamentally misunderstand what this original datamine was. It was a list of servants and their artists that were planned to appear in the game, some of these characters were even in the beta version but not in the original (Proto Gil for example existed in old versions of FGO playable). Plans change, a lot. Ivan was in this original list, I heavily doubt they prepared him to be the lostbelt version he is now. Violet and Kazuradrop were also in this and five years later they aren't in. They had plenty of plans and plans change or evolve. Just like how Super Orion went from lowstar berserker to Grand Archer.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Where’d you hear about Proto Gil being playable?

At least this collab with Arcade version idea adds some spice to this years collab, cuz everyone is just expecting a Tsuki collab before Tsuki is even out cuz theres no other thing on the horizon to guess

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Characters being used as marketing by being built-up in one work only to be relevant in another is just the natural path for Fate to follow after what it has been doing last these few years.
    They've done it before anyway, Arcade is just a nice opportunity to ramp up that strategy.

I'm surprised so many are incredulous at the prospect of Mother Harlot or the Beast of Revelations in Arcade after Proto Merlin, another sparingly mentioned and highly anticipated character, was released there.

"Oh but how'll they explain a Beast missing in the mobile story?"

Maybe I'm wrong, but they still refuse to directly reference events in story chapters, right? So there's your answer. It'll be treated the same way they've treated Kiara (and maybe Kama but I haven't read LB4).
    What are some examples of being built-up in one work only to be relevant in other? Because I'm pretty sure that any entity that is hinted to exist in a work but not relevant in that work was not important to the plot of that work. Beasts however are very important to the plot of fgo.

I don't understand what you mean by 'refuse to directly reference events'. Events are canon as shown by Solomon when event charcters came to help you. Both SERAPH and Ooku are definitely canon. The main interlude feature seems to be reserved for plot relevant stories, as shown by Christmas 3, an epilogue to Babylonia, being added while Christmas 1 and 2 haven't and SERAPH was added as a main interlude.
    Last edited by Synaptic Star; March 10th, 2021 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic Star View Post
    I don't understand what you mean by 'refuse to directly reference events'. Events are canon as shown by Solomon when event charcters came to help you. Both SERAPH and Ooku are definitely canon. The main interlude feature seems to be reserved for main stories, as shown by Christmas 3, an epilogue to Babylonia, being added while Christmas 1 and 2 haven't and SERAPH was added as a main interlude.
    "Definetely"
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

What's with the air quotes around "definitely"? SERAPH is an Epic of Remnant chapter and Ooku is Cosmos in the Lostbelt chapter 3.5.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic Star View Post
    What are some examples of being built-up in one work only to be relevant in other? Because I'm pretty sure that any entity that is hinted to exist in a work but not relevant in that work was not important to the plot of that work. Beasts however are very important to the plot of fgo.
    Altera, random Servants from Requiem. They haven't done this often.
    And as you said, no one really important, I'm talking about future possibilities. Specially since they've been doing it constantly with the Arcade exclusives.

I don't understand what you mean by 'refuse to directly reference events'. Events are canon as shown by Solomon when event charcters came to help you. Both SERAPH and Ooku are definitely canon. The main interlude feature seems to be reserved for plot relevant stories, as shown by Christmas 3, an epilogue to Babylonia, being added while Christmas 1 and 2 haven't and SERAPH was added as a main interlude.
    They're canon but utterly irrelevant. The writers never reference them outside other events and that one scene in Solomon. Handwaving the lack of one of the Beasts is just that easy, all they need is an event about it, or a throwaway line on the LB equivalent of the Trash Heap.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Where’d you hear about Proto Gil being playable?
    In an old, old version of FGO he existed. Same version that had Emiya with arts NP iirc.