Page 47 of 161 FirstFirst ... 37424546474849525797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Arcade

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Godfrey of Bouillon.

Just for another addition to Nine Worthies.

I would like to see Raynald of Chatillon, but it's probably not him. Regardless, I am quite interested to see who he actually is. I think this might be the first time Arcade got a completely new Servant that wasn't related to anything previously existing.

Welp, we finally know the secret character. It's Jacques de Molay. We finally have a Knight Templar in Fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    So, plenty of fans are pointing out that the knight's silhouette looks like those of the Templar knights. Any guesses to his identity?
    I'm incline for Jacques de Molay who got mentioned on Requiem as a summoned servant
    I got it right, he's a megane saber

So, the Servant announced for Arcade is Jacques de Molay, the last grand master of the Knights Templar
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fate/Requiem background character by the Abby/Hokusai artist. Arcade Camelot is by Meteo confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Fate/Requiem background character by the Abby/Hokusai artist. Arcade Camelot is by Meteo confirmed?
    Dunno, but I'm pretty sure Meteo must check the files they have on unreleased servants before writing Requiem just to chose who to tease by name drope on the novels
    Such a tease...

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

I was defeated as a knight, excommunicated as a friar, and discontinued as a Grand Master! I'll here and now take out my frustration from returning to ash without accomplishing anything! Pelerinage de Temple (Such a long journey of pilgrimage)!
    Last edited by Comun; March 7th, 2021 at 09:06 AM.

Blog Entries
    so it's his famous curse?
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

US Friend Code
    This makes Molay the first of Requiem's many cameos to get a bigger role. Though I wonder if he was just coincidentally in Requiem and being developed for Arcade too was done independently.

Edit: Arcade has dialogue now. Also, Medusa, and Izo are in this singularity.
    Last edited by Reign; March 7th, 2021 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    This makes Molay the first of Requiem's many cameos to get a bigger role. Though I wonder if he was just coincidentally in Requiem and being developed for Arcade too was done independently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Dunno, but I'm pretty sure Meteo must check the files they have on unreleased servants before writing Requiem just to chose who to tease by name drope on the novels
    Such a tease...
    This is my take, I think the writers (specially those working full time on FGO, not just a guests, like Higashide, Sakurai, Meteo, etc.) must have folders and files with all the details on servants designed but yet to be release that all of them can check, and Meteo just went ahead when writing Requiem taking names that fit whatever theme he was looking for and namedropping them in the novels just to tease. And in Jacques case, he appearing first on Arcade must have been something decided later on around the time they decided to make Jerusalem instead of Camelot, I can just imagine the amount of input Nasu must have given then (specially now that Arcade gets story dialogues with this chapter)

Who is this guy?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Who is this guy?
    This guy.

Jacques de Molay, also spelled "Molai", was the 23rd and last grand master of the Knights Templar, leading the order from 20 April 1292 until it was dissolved by order of Pope Clement V in 1312. Though little is known of his actual life and deeds except for his last years as Grand Master, he is one of the best known Templars.

Jacques de Molay's goal as grand master was to reform the order, and adjust it to the situation in the Holy Land during the waning days of the Crusades. As European support for the Crusades had dwindled, other forces were at work which sought to disband the order and claim the wealth of the Templars as their own. King Philip IV of France, deeply in debt to the Templars, had Molay and many other French Templars arrested in 1307 and tortured into making false confessions. When Molay later retracted his confession, Philip had him burned upon a scaffold on an island in the River Seine in front of Notre-Dame de Paris in March, 1314. Both the sudden end of the centuries-old order of Templars and the dramatic execution of its last leader turned Molay into a legendary figure.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    Philip IV's arresting of Molay and his Templars is believed to be the origin of the superstition that Friday the 13th is an unlucky day (it happened on Friday October 13, 1307). Wikipedia says this theory only emerged in the 20th century though.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the curse Asterism mentioned (his NP?)
    It has been claimed that Jacques de Molay cursed King Philip IV of France and his descendants from his execution pyre. However, the story of the shouted curse appears to be a combination of words by a different Templar, and those of Molay. An eyewitness to the execution stated that Molay had shown no sign of fear and had told those present that God would avenge their deaths. Another variation on this story was told by the contemporary chronicler Ferretto of Vicenza, who applied the idea to a Neapolitan Templar brought before Clement V, whom he denounced for his injustice. Some time later, as he was about to be executed, he appealed "from this your heinous judgement to the living and true God, who is in Heaven", warning the Pope that, within a year and a day, he and Philip IV would be obliged to answer for their crimes in God's presence.

Philip and Clement V both died within a year of Molay's execution; Clement succumbed to a long illness on 20 April 1314, and Philip died due to a stroke while hunting. Then followed the rapid succession of the last Direct Capetian kings of France between 1314 and 1328, the three sons and a grandson of Philip IV. Within fourteen years of the death of Molay, the 300-year-old House of Capet collapsed.

Blog Entries
    Some versions of the legend have the curse not being undone until the execution of Joan of Arc

US Friend Code
    well now I need him in mobile lol

Also, in the video where Ozy turns into Amun, the walls of Jerusalem seem to be leaking grail mud. The sky has a red-ringed hole too. I wonder if it will be related to Baphomet, the demon the Templars were accused of worshiping by Philip.
    Last edited by Reign; March 7th, 2021 at 03:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    I hope the tagline isn't going to be 'lol the templars really were worshipping devils'

because that would kinda suck imo

US Friend Code
    It could be an Innocent Monster situation.

FWIW Baphomet is depicted as a goat and there's a sheep thing on his shield.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    because that would kinda suck imo
    It’s always been funny how the Nasuverse attracts a weird “Catholic weeb” contingent despite having a lot of anime tiddies, via being one of the few modern fantasy series that takes Christianity seriously