Blog Entries
    Loraine Irwin
    Tomobiki, Nagatani Estate
    Morning
    April 11th, 2056
    Weather: Clear Skies, Warm.
    Seithr Rating: 100 (Safe)
    Event Stock: 3

“Ahh! That’s dirty!” Lori complained as she held the key, shaking her fist towards the skies. “Now I’m not going to be able to sleep until I find the door that this key opens!” She said in a whining voice.

Then she pocketed the key, because of course.

The principal definitely knew about her habits. Not only was this library key likely a joke on Lori’s checkered past, but also probably a way to keep her out of trouble while she was busy solving the mystery of the key.

Naïve! Truly naïve!

Lori was perfectly capable of getting in trouble in two different ways at the same time!

… She really should stop second guessing everything if she was to remain on this town for an extended period of time. Not a healthy mindset to have. However, it was much like her to constantly question the reality in front of her and try to satisfy her curiosity. She just had to remember to not take it too far, she was partly supposed to be stuck here for her own health…

Still…

“Two keys?” She asked, looking towards Zero. “Seems like you know quite a bit about this, Miss Superninja~. Is gifting keys something the principal does frequently? What do you know about this?” She started firing questions like a machinegun.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alicia Val Florence
    Northern Cross Academy Grounds, Archery Dojo
    Early Morning, Sunrise
    April 11th, 2056
    Weather: Clear Skies, Chilly

---She had certainly seen your expression falter, even if only for a moment.

As the smile Alicia Val Florence normally uses is one connected to your persona, to your idea of how you should behave when interacting with others as a 'hero,' it is only natural that emotions that are more honest, more... Pure, would be the sort of emotions that crack that mask, that emerge from beneath the false face and reveal a more honest truth, a truth of watery eyes, trembling lips, and shaking voice...

The sign of a hero that is not as invincible as they once appeared, of a hurt soul that has shown itself to reality, even if only for a moment, yes...

---She had certainly seen that voice, heard that voice, and felt those emotions, and-

"I suppose that is true. A few minutes is nothing in the grand scheme of things, but I still wished to greet you at the gates, ma cherie."

-in response to that smile that has weakened, the princess's smile is bright and warm, shining with a strength it had not had, once upon a time...

Indeed, rather than question why such a thing has appeared in the first place, rather than press on that moment of weakness to find it's source, that girl instead seems to seek to lead you from it naturally, gently...

"Have you taken a tour of the school yet? We can go for a walk together, if it would please you, mon chevalier~"

Just as you had done for her once upon a time...

When you wish to talk about it she will listen, but for now...

If her presence brings you that much joy, then what she must do is simple enough...

---

Loraine Irwin
    Morning
    April 11th, 2056

---The Principal certainly seemed to know a lot about everyone.

Of course that isn't too surprising, considering her position in the supernatural side of the World, she probably could have dragged up information on everyone even if they hadn't become a Union (and thus fallen directly under her supervision) and so this sort of joke, a key that was clearly meant to poke fun at a certain bad habit of yours back on the islands, is a joke that's not impossible for her to make...

Of course, having this all plotted out in Mystery Boxes seems to imply the principal had known you would be the first one to come here and had prepared all of this in advance, so...

Her image as 'hyper competent' certainly isn't weakening in any regard, still-!

Questioning that image, or rather, trying to build up more of a profile on the enigmatic woman you turn to Zero, and-!

"Frequently? No... At least, not keys anyway!"

One hand on her chin, the superninja cheerfully answers the questions without hesitation-!

"But she does like to give out gifts here in town, there aren't as many people around out here as there used to be, so I think she's trying to integrate the students into the town better? Make you feel more at home? Revive the town a bit? She started pouring money into the town facilities a few years back -the hospital is basically brand new now- and she gave out houses and stuff to some of the people that came with you guys on the train... I think one of them is opening a restaurant with it?"

She does seem to know a lot, of course, by her own admission she was some sort of magical ninja, so-!

"Tomobiki doesn't have very many tourist attractions after all, so maybe she's just seeing what bringing in some outsiders will do?"

It's not too surprising...
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Loraine Irwin
    Morning
    April 11th, 2056

“I see.”

Interesting. So it did seem that the principal wished to resurrect the town where she was born at.

Well, that wasn’t really surprising, or rather, one would say that it’d be expected of her. Still, given the sheer level of planning and calculations this whole operation would require, down to the smallest details like the Mystery Box and its contents being ready in advance for her…

This woman was truly interesting. Worth meeting and talking with later on, perhaps.

“Hmm, maybe she can shift the colors of the box remotely. Or maybe, she had a bunch of these boxes ready and was able to exchange them in the place they were put at, using spatial magic to move them around…” Lori speculated out-loud, idly wondering to herself. “Ah, whatever, if I overthink it too much, it loses its fun…”

Being overly inquisitive this soon wasn’t the best course of action, she could already notice quite a few mysteries to investigate around the town, but first she’d need to take a look at what daily life in this town would offer to her.

This said, there was something off about this picture. If Isako wished to resurrect this town, investments were the way to go, but… everyone was conscious of just how utterly dangerous Unions could be when out of control. The presence of Lori and others like herself was putting her beloved town at risk.

Thinking about that reminded her of the uncomfortable fact that she was being tracked and watched. Her fun life of adventuring, of exploring the dark corners of the world, and extracting supernatural secrets from the places she visited was over. She had a feeling that Isako hoped the town would be able to keep her curious and anchored with the many mysteries it had to offer, and the key wasn’t just a joke, but also a gesture of good will, a way to keep her focused on an objective.

She was thankful, truly… but still-

Her shift in mood to a melancholic one was very subtle: only Nina who knew her very well would have been able to notice it. Still, Lori kept a smile on her face and maintained her cheerful façade. “Ah, all this running around made me a bit hungry. I think Nina here and me will grab an early lunch.”

“Do you want to eat something with us, Miss Superninja? Or do you have innocent white princes in distress awaiting rescue to take care of~?” She asked teasingly.

In truth, she did have some kernels of information here and there, but she wasn’t planning on poking around for the ninja’s identity quite just yet.

It’d ruin the fun of it.

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

Blog Entries
    Tsugumi Uro
    Brewed Awakenings, Tomobiki Branch
    Noon, April 13th, 2056
    Event: Bonus
    Cloudy Skies

---Naturally, as your doctor, the woman has always paid close attention to the things you say; indeed, while her slightly slouched demeanor would likely seem out of place for what was apparently one of the greatest Doctors in the World, the overwhelmingly casual air Ariel brings to conversations is always a bit surprising, as it winds up drawing more information out of you than you would normally give, and-

"More than any capital in the world huh? That's high praise!"

-chuckles a bit to herself at your answer, although when you turn it on her...

"Me?"

...She doesn't seem capable of answering right away, rather, she seems to have to think about it for a few moments, a thoughtful smile crossing her normally teasing features...

"Well, I can't say I hate it."

Eventually however, she comes to this conclusion with a simple nod...

"It's quiet, so it's an ideal place for research and subject treatment, a number of my friends are employed here, I have a batch of cute students now and even a personal laboratory here, but..."

A pause.

"It's a bit too old-fashioned for me to really love it, I guess you can say I'm used to the conveniences of the Modern World?" Closing one eye in a teasing way as she regards you, the woman's other hand fishes out a can of Coke from beneath the counter, "Before I got here there was only a single vending machine in town, and it was so old it was rusty and broken! I've had a few more installed since I arrived of course -and it's not like it's a big deal- but Tomobiki is definitely behind the times..."

Popping open the soda can, she takes a thoughtful sip of it before finishing with...

"Almost like time sorta stopped out here awhile back? I mean, we rode a coal-train here! A coal-train! I certainly get the appeal of an old-fashioned town of course, but that train... It makes me feel sick every time I get on it... Shakes a bit too much..."

She shudders at this, as if the memory of the train-ride was truly traumatic...

Hadn't seemed that bad to you...
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    Alicia Val Florence

Phase:

Date:

Weather:

Crystal:
    Seithr Lvl:
    Northern Cross Academy Grounds,
    Archery Dojo

Morning

April 11th, 2056

Clear Skies, Chilly

Phase 1
    40 (Safe)

Quote Originally Posted by Haruka
    "Have you taken a tour of the school yet? We can go for a walk together, if it would please you, mon chevalier~"
    "Of course, mademoiselle. It would be a pleasure for me to get to know this place better!"

An opportunity for us to spend more time to spend together... turning it down had never been an option from the beginning. Now was not the time to be rude and excuse myself with booked schedules or urgency of other matters, rather, now was the time to go enjoy a nice walk with an old friend!

Yet, speaking of Haruka, I cannot help myself from wondering how she is enjoying her time here... but then anything must have been better than that unfulfilling, lab rat-like life that she had been confined to back at the treatment facility. Ultimately, the answer to all of this would come as she shows me around and I familiarize myself with the facilities around here... all of this set up so that people like us can lead a semblance of a 'normal' life... it would be a good change from the routine I've been following for the past few years. To meet, talk and befriend, rather than antagonize and fight.

No matter, there is no place for moping or dark thoughts here, a radiant lady like her requires an equally jovial and lovely knight, thus I must make sure that I play my part: a bright confident smile coupled with a clear and graceful gaze ; bold yet elegant steps coupled with grandiose but reverent movements -- the Fairest of Knights for the Fairest of Ladies.

"I shall let you lead the way then, to teach me of the wonders that await in this place!"

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Tsugumi Uro
    Noon, April 13th, 2056
    Cloudy Skies

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that..."

Ariel had (intentionally?) weaselled her way into getting more information out of him than he'd usually give, something about this woman made him lower his guard and seeing the teasing nurse smile happily felt good and her chuckle felt oddly warming too. Not quite a familial warmth but her casual air felt soothing to say the least.

However-

She seemed like a city girl at heart. Of course the lack of creature comforts would impact her. Though Tsugumi was indiferent to them mostly he knew that everyone was different, one of the beautiful complexities of the human race. While he might not have given a second thought to something like vending machines of all things, someone like Ariel given her career, overall energy and lifestyle would clearly be more reliant on them than he would. He had been able to meld into a 'normal' life relatively seamlessly but he understood how Ariel would struggle.

He gave a solemn nod of solidarity and at the mentioned of 'cute students' tried not to blush and looked away for a moment.

As subtle as a bag of bricks as always...

Things took a turn when Ariel mentioned the trip to Tomobiki. The train was 'retro' to say the least and aside from falling flat on his face in front of everyone it was mostly fine for him.

Ariel was a big girl but he noticed the smaller things; the cautious sipping, the shuddering, the way her body recoiled when she mentioned the shaking of the train. Either she was more reliant on modern comforts then she let on, suffered badly from travel sickness or something happened she didn't care to remember.

Tsugumi adjusted out of his slouch, straightened his back before leaning in closer to Ariel and giving a quiet and more relaxing tone of concern.

"Ariel, are you ok? Was it just a bad journey on an old train or..."
    Tsugumi slowly slid a hand over, not something as bold as to put an arm around the older woman but a small sign to show concern "did something happen on that trip?"

With that, he leaned back to give a little space if she needed it.

"Either way your secret is one-hundred percent safe with me."

Blog Entries
    Watanabe Yuuki
    Northern Cross Academy, The Azure Tent
    April 17th, 2056, Early Evening
    Event Stock: 0
    Chilly

"Oho? Another person, eh?"

There she goes again, doing that obviously teasing voice as if to declare your words as scandalous, closing one eye into a perpetual wink, and then moving to your side to elbow you a bit, going "eh, eh," the whole time...

"It's the Evelyn girl right? Sure, sure, that's fine!"

She sees right through you, of course, that is also a very Chiasa thing to do...

"The more the merrier when it comes to tests of courage right? Bring as many people as you'd like! Although, if you want it to be the romantic sort of horror story just let me know! I can... Set up some things before the investigation... That'll really drive the two of you together, hehehehe... It'll be just just like those old, cheesy 90s horror movies! The perfect time to show off to a girl is when something scary is happening-!"

She cackles a bit, but it's all in good fun-!

Although, the idea of her setting something scary up...

Might be a bit concerning...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Watanabe Yuuki
    Northern Cross Academy, The Azure Tent
    April 17th, 2056, Early Evening
    Event Stock: 0
    Chilly

Once again, the smaller girl managed to correctly guessed who he's going to bring, and Yuuki couldn't help but to let out an exasperated sigh as the teasing began. Then again, it seems most people he interacted with in any real capacity had somehow managed to guess, so it's not like Chiasa is really unique in that regard...

Still... A romantic sort of horror huh?

Yuuki liked to think of himself as someone who's pretty unfazed by horror - he certainly didn't find horror movies that scary, nor did he get nightmares and checked every corner of his room before he slept - but the spooky experience with the crystal ball shows that he could get scared. And while he was unfazed by courage tests conducted in his previous school, this one is hosted by Chiasa, someone who can actually use magic, so there's actually a legitimate chance that whatever scary stuff she's setting up is authentic enough to spook him up...

Not to mention they might actually see a legitimate ghost.

"Please don't... It might be difficult to differentiate between the legitimate one and the one you set up, senpai."

Besides, Evelyn is pretty calm and level-headed, and past experience shows that most of the time she's the one who protected him rather than the other way around. So really, that suggestion is a bad idea all around.

Then again... He actually doesn't know whether she's the type to get scared at things like this or not, and now that he thinks about it, horror is one of those things that they don't really touch at all during the years they lived together. Being alone at night doesn't faze her, that much he's certain, but having actual supernatural stuff happening is another story.

"..."

He is alone with Evelyn, walking down the school halls in the middle of the night. The building, usually so noisy and filled with students and teachers going back and fro, is completely dark and silent; the contrast is undeniably quite eerie. They walked side by side, not holding hands or anything but close enough to feel the presence of the other.

Suddenly, something bright and translucent appeared down the hallway before disappearing, and at the same time a quiet giggle echoed all around them. Spooky. He gulped, trying his best to stay calm, but as he took a glance at Evelyn, he realized that she's... looking at the spot where that translucent thing disappears, and there's a slight hint of fear in her face. She turned to face him, gave a reluctant nod, and they continue down the hallway, getting closer and closer to the spot...

And then a giggle came exactly right from behind them.

He quickly spun around, seeing nothing, but at the same time something - or rather, someone - quickly latched onto his arm with a surprising force. When he took a glance, sure enough he saw Evelyn, slightly trembling and closing her eyes as she practically hugged his arm like her life depends on it, and he could feel his face heating up. It's... surprisingly cute, seeing her scared like this, and having her so close like this actually feels pretty g-

"Gaaaah!" Yuuki clutched his head, shaking himself free from his fantasy. What was he thinking?! Did Chiasa corrupt and influence him so easily?! True, a certain part of him find the prospect of a romantic horror night with Evelyn appealing, but he must remind himself that this might actually be the real deal, with actual risk involved! Letting the smaller girl do what she wants is definitely a no-no, as safety comes first!

'But you wanted to see her scared, right? She's so calm and level-headed normally, so seeing her act otherwise excites you, right? The romance is also very appealing, you can't lie-'

"Quiet." He mumbled, shaking his head free of such inappropriate thoughts before realizing that the past minute he's still with Chiasa.

Crud.

"... Please don't do whatever it is you're thinking." He repeated once again, sighing as he pinched his nose. "Honestly senpai, I think you might actually become a bad influence for me..." He muttered under his breath.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Loraine Irwin
    Morning
    April 11th, 2056

"Anyone awaiting rescue?"

---Surprisingly, she pauses for a moment at these words.

The cheerful teasing eyes become deeply contemplative, and a certain blank look overtakes her eyes, almost as if her mind was some sort of computer system that was taking a moment to process the inquiry...

"..."

Yes.

It's an odd moment of silence, cheer turning to a blank contemplation, so much so that even Janine notices...

"Umm... Ms. Ninja? Are you okay?"

And regards you with some confusion, as if asking you why the ever-friendly girl had just gotten weird for a second, but before you can really provide any sort of personal theories on the matter...

"Super okay! Perfectly fine!"

...The ninja jumps back to life with a renewed explosion of energy. Her eyes are lit back up again, and the cheerful smile has replaced the blank look of absolute contemplation-!

"Everything seems okay! No one needs rescuing right now!"

Eh?

Was that what she had been doing, checking over the citizens somehow through some sort of ability...?

"So I can go with you to eat I guess! Well, maybe not the school cafeteria, the SLEIPNIR agents will try chasing me down if they see me, and that'd be a bit annoying!"

She huffs.

"No one appreciates superheroes nowadays!"

Before winking once at the two of you-!

"We could try some of the shops in town though? Maybe one of the new ones!"
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Loraine Irwin
    Morning
    April 11th, 2056

“Interesting.” Lori mumbled. She had been as equally startled as her friend, exchanging a look of confusion with Nina, but Zero’s return to life and her words confirmed a suspicion.

Or rather, it was kind of obvious, but it definitely pointed out that the superhero was a member of the supernatural side of the world. What had that been, a spell or some other kind of ability?

“So, you can check out the status of all the people in town?” She made an educated guess. “Is that your superpower? Quite the nifty one for your job.”

“Either way, I do wonder why SLEIPNIR has so much of an issue with you. I mean, you’re helping them with their job at the end of the day, aren’t you?” The witch idly wondered. Perception of right and wrong had never been one of Loraine Irwin’s strengths, to say the least.

Or rather, she was the kind of person that’d do what she wanted regardless of the rules applied.

“And sure. Nina and me are new to town, so we don’t know the place. We’d be glad to have someone show us the town’s shops!”

quotes

Blog Entries
    Tsugumi Uro
    Noon, April 13th, 2056
    Cloudy Skies

"...Heh, did you get worried?"

Ultimately, the nurse chuckles a bit to herself at the timid way in which you had chosen to express your concern for her; of course, this sort of action was about as bold as you could possibly dare to be, but...

She seems to find it amusing, one hand going up to rub your hair a little.

"Nothing too traumatic really, I don't like the... Motion, that sort of train gives off. It's not quite as stable as the modern ones, so it rocks you back and forth a bit too much for my liking, makes me feel sick."

A hard swallow at that, as if fighting back a burst of nausea even from mentioning it, then-

"...Gives me nightmares too."

-she continues, or rather prepares to finish, with that...

"I try to sleep through the trip every time, and every time, I see something new and awful in my dreams."

She sighs.

"Like long-limbed shadow people, or giant, bloody dolls..."

And with that...

Another sigh...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Yoko Aoyama
    Abandoned Amanohokosaka Shrine, Tomobiki
    Wednesday, April 13th
    Weather: Cloudy
    Evening/Night

"You protect town?"
    "Yes!"

At this particular question the girl leaps up, and with a laugh, flips the trailing ends of her scarf in the air, as if hoping that it would catch the wind and fly for dramatic effect...

Something that, amazingly enough, actually seems to happen for some reason?!

"I'm the local superhero! I fight crime, rescue people in distress, slay monsters, patrol dangerous areas and help local school children out with their homework!"

She thrusts her chest out a bit at this, the sheer pride radiating out from her statements so heavy that you can practically feel it physically...

"Of course..."

Although, she seems to deflate a bit soon afterwards, bringing her hands together and spinning her fingers around in a bit of an embarrassed motion...

"Not everyone likes me, some of the agents in town call me a vigilante! They say I'm doing something wrong, and that I shouldn't be allowed to roam free and do what I want, but bleh," she makes a somewhat childish noise as she sticks out her tongue at an invisible adversary, "Batman didn't ask for permission! And it's not like I kill anybody, I just beat em up a bit if they're bad, so it's fine right?"

She tilts her head at this, as if she was...

Sincerely asking you about it...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Tsugumi Uro
    Noon, April 13th, 2056
    Cloudy Skies

Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    "Like long-limbed shadow people, or giant, bloody dolls..."
    "Wh-wha?"

As Ariel gave another sigh, Tsugumi felt a cold lump grow in his throat. His memory wasn't clear but now that someone else had said it, that description of gangling dark voids roaming their nightmares...

Aside from the two adults the boy was alone in the room, yet somehow-

Some way-

He felt some thing crawl on his back.

Tsugumi could not tell what it felt like, whether it was cold skeletal hands scraping bone against his flesh, countless spiders skittering across or a chilled wind blowing against him. Whatever it was, Ariel was suffering from, it stuck a chord with him.

"Yeah- I can see how that would be bad. Long-limbed shadow people and giant, bloody dolls are the creepiest of creeps..." He retreated into himself a little and started twiddling his thumbs as he stared downward. "Did you also dream that something was..."

His voice became quieter still. Like a lonely lost child.

"Did you dream that you were getting chased too?"