Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2429323334353639 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Hollow Ataraxia Voice Patch

Thanks. Really nice job with the patch, hadn't checked it until now.

Hey there.
    So, I haven't finished the game yet, but I came across an error in the scene where Shirou talks to Caster that leads into her backstory. About halfway through Shirou's first dialogue clip in the scene, the game crashes. This can be avoided if you just skip the voice clip entirely. Is this a known issue, and if not, could it potentially happen again?
    May the Sapphire Star guide your path.

Blog Entries
    Some people have crashes with the voice patch which contains at9 encoded sound files.
    You can try using the opus voice patch instead (2nd link in the original post).
    It's the same voices but converted to opus which might solve your problem.

Heya, I've just installed this patch and am having some issues with the uncensor patch. When I open the VN the Patch -> Censor options are greyed out (Censor H content is pre-selected but can't be changed). As far as I know I've followed the instructions to the letter, is there something I'm likely to have missed? The directory I've installed to is laid out like as in the image below

[COLLAPSE2][/COLLAPSE2]

Blog Entries
    You're missing patch_vita.xp3 which contains the h-alt scenes assets.

Ah that's sorted it - thanks!

Blog Entries
    Hey everyone,
    I'm releasing an experimental HD patch for FHA:
    ******************folder/LU1hjIDD#UpBF_ab9aG5kUapdcsPFjw
    Please back up your saves before applying the patch as this is still a WIP.
    (you probably don't need to redownload patch_voice.xp3 - but do redownload everything else)
    (patch_voice_opus.xp3 is the just the opus version of the voice patch, you don't need it as well unless you're playing on android - in which case you should use it instead of patch_voice.xp3)

The HD version is not "official" - it's just an x2 upscale using waifu2x but it looks really good.
    I don't recommend using the wide screen feature at the moment. It should work fine for normal scenes, but will probably be buggy in mini-games, menus, etc...
    But playing in HD in 4:3 should work as intended.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    I'm releasing an experimental HD patch for FHA
    Maybe I'm just being a derp, but it seems that the utilities I've used to unpacked XP3 files for F/sn Ultimate Edition does not work with the "patch_op.xp3" file (I've not tried any other XP3 archive).

So uh, what's the best practice for extracting its contents? I do also have "GARbro" which as worked for other VNs, but I don't know what option to select for decryption...
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Maybe I'm just being a derp, but it seems that the utilities I've used to unpacked XP3 files for F/sn Ultimate Edition does not work with the "patch_op.xp3" file (I've not tried any other XP3 archive).

So uh, what's the best practice for extracting its contents? I do also have "GARbro" which as worked for other VNs, but I don't know what option to select for decryption...
    Select Fate/hollow ataraxia encryption

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    Select Fate/hollow ataraxia encryption
    Yup, that did it. I was indeed just being a derp.

So uh, may I ask why there are both .MPG and .MP4 OP videos rather than just one or the other? I mean. the .MP4 videos are actually the original files anyway and the .MPG files are transcodes...

Also, I'm guessing higher-quality versions of the original 2005 OPs won't be included unless I actually provide them? (I was going to do this anyway)

Blog Entries
    Oh, the mpg are a mistake.
    I use both locally as the mp4 do not work on non-krkrz, but since this ultimate edition is krkrz, only mp4 is needed.
    I'll correct it later.
    Forgot to mention that now, finally, the vita OP are also in better quality (same as vita).
    About the 2005 OP - I'm counting on you

Well speaking of redundant files, shouldn't the "voice_opus" file be in the "Android" folder instead? It's just an extra 1+GB of data to download, and any additional size is already annoying since it's quite a way past the 5GB daily transfer quota that free MEGA accounts have.

However, with where the current "Android" folder is located, people will end up downloading it anyway (kind of like how there was no easy way for me to set it to not download the Opus voice patch). So perhaps it'd be better to put all of the PC stuff into one folder and then the Android stuff into another folder, similar to how you have the patches and installer stuff in separate folders for F/sn ultimate edition.

Also the immense size of the "HD_patch.xp3" is making me wonder if those images are in fact PNG and if we can't perhaps use a newer lossless format with a better compression ratio...

I'm bringing up these disk space concerns because...

kind of off-topic Linux-related disk space issues
    megasync seems to have done something borky on the "media server" I tried downloading to overnight on my Linux Mint 18.1 media server. Basically I didn't realize that this was over 8GB in total as I'd only freed up 7GB, but at the same time I also didn't realize MEGA had a 5GB daily transfer quota for free accounts. So once everything was all said and done...or not, I had run out of disk space and basically just deleted the F/ha data to start from scratch along with an additional 5GB thing that I didn't need anymore.

...and somehow ended up with only 2.8GB free on my /home partition as reported by both nemo and transmission's remote client, yet gparted reports the correct disk space free - 13GB! So as it stands, I've got about 10GB of disk space that the OS is unable to see or something. Maybe I'll try running the "check" function in gparted for the heck of it. EDIT: It didn't change. Interestingly, Linux Mint 18.1's "disks" program lists the free space in /home as 15GB despite gparted claiming 13GB and nemo claiming 2.8GB...

What the crap. EDIT: The stuff on the following sounds similar to my issue, so I try the stuff mentioned: https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=193197

EDIT 2: That stuff didn't solve the issue, but at least made the issue much more obvious:
    screenshot

I should probably send Alyinghood an email about this since he seems to be our resident Linux guru. UPDATE: Email sent.
    Last edited by NM64; April 6th, 2021 at 08:29 PM.

Hi, found a bug in the HD patch release, game just seems to get stuck on this screen: https://imgur.com/a/G9xEFcJ.
    No error message or anything, it just gets stuck. All I can do is exit the game. Only way to bypass this scene is to hold CTRL to skip it.

Inactive
    I also found a bug with the HD patch, whenever I get to make a choice using the English version, the choices are in Japanese on my phone and just squares with question marks when I try to play it on PC (which I assume is an issue with not having Japanese locale, which doesn't matter to me). Looks like this:

I've tried reinstalling the patches to no avail. Is there any fix?

EDIT: I've installed the older patch_english_lang.xp3 and it works now.
    Last edited by Mentlegenxd; April 24th, 2021 at 02:53 AM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Thank you for the HD patch, I'm trying to download it atm...

Too bad Mega has a 4gb limit.

Hello everyone. I can't seem to access events in Shinto when using the patches from "Fate/Hollow Ataraxia - Ultimate Edition - latest release (experimental)".

Shinto:

Install Folder:

To quickly replicate:
    1. Install Fate/Hollow Ataraxia
    2. Replace FateFD.exe and cxdec.tpm with the ones from the Ultimate Edition
    3. Use a 100% save file
    4. Launch the game
    5. Go to Shinto

What should I do?
    Last edited by frowneton; May 22nd, 2021 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frowneton View Post
    Hello everyone. I can't seem to access events in Shinto when using the patches from "Fate/Hollow Ataraxia - Ultimate Edition - latest release (experimental)".

Shinto:

Install Folder:

To quickly replicate:
    3. Use a 100% save file
    4. Launch the game
    5. Go to Shinto

What should I do?
    This bug will be taken a look at.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentlegenxd View Post
    I also found a bug with the HD patch, whenever I get to make a choice using the English version, the choices are in Japanese on my phone and just squares with question marks when I try to play it on PC (which I assume is an issue with not having Japanese locale, which doesn't matter to me). Looks like this:

I've tried reinstalling the patches to no avail. Is there any fix?

EDIT: I've installed the older patch_english_lang.xp3 and it works now.
    Quote Originally Posted by frowneton View Post

Shinto:

Install Folder:

To quickly replicate:
    3. Use a 100% save file
    4. Launch the game
    5. Go to Shinto

What should I do?
    Both of those problems are now fixed - redownload cxdec.tpm and patch3.xp3

Blog Entries
    I got this while trying to ctrl the experimental HD version to 100%. Included the game folder in the screenshot as well for troubleshooting

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the reports guys!

I've fixed the buggy map issue and also the question marks in the choices.
    Please redownload cxdec.tpm and patch3.xp3