Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 29343738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Hollow Ataraxia Voice Patch

Question/Feature request. Is there a way to remove the yellow boxes when you mouse over a button?

Really hyped, with almost 0 spoil unlike FSN.
    It feels so good to see an œuvre which got refined over the years to reach full potential.
    I will do my part and come back if i see anything.

Hi team,

First of all, thank you so so much for all the hard work!

Unfortunately, I ran into two major issues so far:

1) There seems to be no sound for me
    2) Whenever I'm trying to either exit the game or save I get an error message. Link to troubleshooting zip: ****************************drive/folde...usp=share_link

Would be amazing if you could let me know if this issue is something that other people are running into as well and if there is a known fix for this.

Thank you!

Sorry for the double comment but to clarify, as it may be helpful, I can hear speech/conversations but no background music!

---

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralSnackbar View Post
    Hi team,

2) Whenever I'm trying to either exit the game or save I get an error message. Link to troubleshooting zip: ****************************drive/folde...usp=share_link

Would be amazing if you could let me know if this issue is something that other people are running into as well and if there is a known fix for this.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralSnackbar View Post
    Hi team,

Thank you!
    The issue appears to be that you have not properly installed the game.
    data.xp3 is missing.
    Install the game, then apply the patch over it.

Hello! I have an issue with the game now. I applied all patches and started the game just fine. I played one day, finished the game's session - everything was fine. The next day when I trying to launch the game - it crashes with message about "Read error". Here is the exception information: https://anonfiles.com/92VaTdQ4y0/exception_zip
    Pls help.
    Last edited by Elucidus2; January 9th, 2023 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elucidus2 View Post
    Hello! I have an issue with the game now. I applied all patches and started the game just fine. I played one day, finished the game's session - everything was fine. The next day when I trying to launch the game - it crashes with message about "Read error". Here is the exception information: https://anonfiles.com/92VaTdQ4y0/exception_zip
    Pls help.
    This is a known bug.

For now, move "g:/fate hollow ataraxia/FateHA_Savedata/data0.bmp" to the desktop, then restart the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    This is a known bug.

For now, move "g:/fate hollow ataraxia/FateHA_Savedata/data0.bmp" to the desktop, then restart the game.
    Thanks for the suggestion - it helped to start the game. However, when I skipped read content and tried to exit&save again (to the title screen) - the game hangs on the "saving progress" screen. I was forced to kill the game's process in task manager. And again I couldn't start the game until I deleted data0.bmp file. This time after skipping a little bit further I tried to exit&save from the game instead to title screen - and got this error message https://ibb.co/741vWfj Here is exception info https://anonfiles.com/C984b3R5y3/exception_zip
    Am I right in assuming I won't be able to use normal save-continue system and I have to delete bugged save file and skip multiple events each time I launch the game to play it at all? Or is there other way to fix it or some kind of workaround?

P.S.: there is other bug I found. Despite marked checkbox about subtitles in movies in Patch menu - I don't have any subtitles in OP movie (I turned off Vita movie and used orignal Op movie instead).
    Last edited by Elucidus2; January 10th, 2023 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elucidus2 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion - it helped to start the game. However, when I skipped read content and tried to exit&save again (to the title screen) - the game hangs on the "saving progress" screen. I was forced to kill the game's process in task manager. And again I couldn't start the game until I deleted data0.bmp file. This time after skipping a little bit further I tried to exit&save from the game instead to title screen - and got this error message https://ibb.co/741vWfj Here is exception info https://anonfiles.com/C984b3R5y3/exception_zip
    Am I right in assuming I won't be able to use normal save-continue system and I have to delete bugged save file and skip multiple events each time I launch the game to play it at all? Or is there other way to fix it or some kind of workaround?
    Another workaround is delete patch_hd.xp3 and restart the game.

Too lazy to learn japanese... TheSpheromancer's Avatar
    Hello, first off, I appreciate your work on this, but I have a couple minor problems.
    I've went past the point where the 2nd opening should have appeared (after meeting Caren on Ryudouu Temple) and yet not only did the opening not play, the second pc and vita opening haven't unlocked in the movie menu (in the point where it should have appeared it exited fullscreen for a split second, which is what usually happens before playing the openings in-game from my experience with stay night, but then skipped straight to the game without playing any video). In addition to this, the first pc and vita opening appeared in the correct spot and are in the gallery but don't display subtitles even with the option activated.

It's important to note that I am using the experimental Ultimate Edition version, for which there's a link in Quibi's forum signature. My question is if this is a quirk of this experimental version, if I'm somehow missing the video files, which I think would be unlikely, or if there is some other cause for this problem.
    Fate / Stay Night Routes:

Fate: Best Shirou Ship +
    UBW: Best Shirou Moments
    HF: Best Plot + +

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpheromancer View Post
    Hello, first off, I appreciate your work on this, but I have a couple minor problems.
    I've went past the point where the 2nd opening should have appeared (after meeting Caren on Ryudouu Temple) and yet not only did the opening not play, the second pc and vita opening haven't unlocked in the movie menu (in the point where it should have appeared it exited fullscreen for a split second, which is what usually happens before playing the openings in-game from my experience with stay night, but then skipped straight to the game without playing any video). In addition to this, the first pc and vita opening appeared in the correct spot and are in the gallery but don't display subtitles even with the option activated.

It's important to note that I am using the experimental Ultimate Edition version, for which there's a link in Quibi's forum signature. My question is if this is a quirk of this experimental version, if I'm somehow missing the video files, which I think would be unlikely, or if there is some other cause for this problem.
    These are known issues

Quote Originally Posted by Kador View Post
    I will do my part and come back if i see anything.
    Here is the follow up to this message.
    I have several things to speak up about the patch, so let's start with what would be straightforward to clear. The translators who worked on this have an impressive mastery of english, to say the less. Knowing when to use back when instead of back then, your just deserts, post supper evening, bout of silence, that's impressive.

The list presents itself following this example:
    namefile.ks
    "sentence"
    explanation of the problem

Spoiler:

真・冒頭-03.ks
    "I take it that you are you prepared for the consequences of turning one into a joke?"
    There is an extra you

街・特別編-13.ks
    "D-Don't surprise me like that, Tohsaska!"
    裏マップ-12.ks
    "And then there is Miss Tohsaska's information"
    Tohsaka, not tohsaska

街編・1日目-04.ks
    "Step aside, you Ukranian bumpkin"
    Ukrainian, not ukranian
    (btw it was extra funny because of current context)

柳洞寺・4日目-02.ks
    "Kuzuki-sensei is my modern society and ethics teacher"
    Isnt he supposed to teach others topics?
    In FSN:
    凛ルート七日目-00.ks
    "He’s Kuzuki Souichirou, the iron teacher that teaches world history and philosophy, and is also in charge of the student council."
    Depending of the answer, i may speak about this point once more.

柳洞寺・4日目-16.ks
    "Thus, Shinto shines and Buddhist temples are no big deal to me."
    Considering context, it should be about shrines, not shines

学校・3日目-36.ks
    "Do you want give the bow a try as well, Rider?"
    want to give

街編・2日目-24.ks
    "The rumbling Kaleidostick praises it's high spirits and reliability."
    街編・2日目-24.ks
    "Thanks to their quarrel steadily reaching it's peak"
    its, not it's

衛宮邸・夜マップ-15.ks
    "We're not Bonny and Clyde. I couldn't take being on the wanted list even in exchange for a huge fortune."
    According to wikipedia, it's Bonnie and Clyde
    In FSN:
    Spoiler:

衛宮邸・夜マップ-15.ks
    "You said you found bloodstains and a hand from which the command spells were stolen..."
    Speaking about a hand although we told about an arm
    In FSN:
    セイバールート十五日目-18.ks
    "All I found were traces of blood and a left arm with no Command Spell."

ランサー港-07.ks
    "What? There something else?"
    is there, or there is, depending of how you see the context. I would prefer the latter

ランサー港-07.ks
    "...Lancer, you know there will be consequences if you violate your geis. Will you be all right, breaking two oaths?"
    According to wikipedia, plural of geas/geis is geasa
    In FSN:
    Spoiler:

夜編1-25.ks
    "Lancer, who released his spear first, will not be exepted from this curse"
    exepted? exempt? excepted?

カレン-05.ks
    "I had a instructor and time set aside for me to learn music."
    a or an is usually in front of a vowel or consonant, since instructor sounds like an e, which is a vowel, it should be an

カレン-06.ks
    "as soon as your summons comes to an end, you disappear without being able to inherit your memories?"
    your summons come, or your summon comes, not both. I would prefer the latter.
    I'm convinced the plural of summon is used rather than summons in this context, until proved otherwise.

学校・4日目-14.ks
    " a super gigantic ultra special strawberry cake from Fleur"
    everywhere else it's called La Fleur, except there where the La is missing
    --
    学校・2日目-02.ks
    "Offering a crepe from La Fleur sounds like a sure way to get Issei mad."
    街編・1日目-16.ks
    "there was that limited cake special at La Fleur that Sakura had been looking forward to a whole month"
    衛宮邸・1日目-08.ks
    "Oh, to forget about La Fleur, of all things..."
    衛宮邸・2日目-05.ks
    "A sample like this will hold its ground even against La Fleur's Western confectioneries."
    衛宮邸・2日目-16.ks
    "Emiya Shirou-sama, here is a triple berry pie from La Fleur."
    --
    HOWEVER, in FSN:
    セイバールート九日目-17.ks
    "Stop, Tiger! You ate the Fleur cake I hid in the fridge, right!?"
    "Is that really Fleur cake?"
    "…Fleur’s management has reached its limit"
    凛ルート八日目-05.ks
    "I wonder what it is and turn to the cake shop, Fleur."
    This is an idea i will deal with in depth in a future message

衛宮邸・夜開始-14.ks
    "That'd be a tad incovenient for me"
    inconvenient

衛宮邸・夜開始-14.ks
    "Are saying that I'll be living my whole life like a loser?"
    are you saying

衛宮邸・夜マップ-30.ks
    "Occassionally, she goes too far and tears them to pieces."
    occasionally, only one s

衛宮邸・4日目-41.ks
    "I couldn't take my eyes off her for even a second, but you're so deft I don't see any reason for concern."
    Shirou is not talking but thinking, so it should be the third person in both parts of the sentence.
    Possible fix: she became so deft, she revealed (herself) being so deft, she was so deft, idk what the runes from nasu are saying

真・冒頭-03.ks
    "I waNT TO Die."
    Why cant it be all uppercase rather than half the letters? mixing upper and lowercase doesnt fit this context, especially with the rest being full upper or full lower, no middle ground

-----
    For the last ones, although being easy to dismiss/accept, i'm not 100% convinced
    真・冒頭-15.ks
    "how morals have come and gone in the blink of an eye"
    Is this english? really?

街編・2日目-24.ks
    "Familiar shmamiliar, I'm never going to use you. Give it up and hurry back to sleep already."
    What does shmamiliar mean? is it an obscure joke from the magical girl universe?

街・特別編-04.ks
    "Like Sakura's servant that she is, Rider stands up."
    Wouldnt it be Servant? not sure tho, it may be the only case where servant was chosen but should be Servant instead

衛宮邸・2日目-20.ks
    "As I have said, I do not mind your being here."
    Wouldnt it be more suited if rider said you being instead of your being

And so it ends the list, the rest isnt as simple, i need some time to prepare the arguments.

Just in case, I prefer to talk about the english patch here because the previous english patch thread still gives 1.0.2 english patch. This legacy thread should get edited to avoid confusion for those looking for fha patch.

Second part of the feedback about FHA Vpatch: Bugs and miscellaneous thoughts

Spoiler:

First and foremost, settings used:

No-Install Method on windows 10
    1.01 patch and Decensor patch (1.2.0 english included)
    font used yu gothic med
    display=window

Played everything through except h-alt, hanafuda normal mode for illya to yukika, most omikuji, some questions from quizz ogre and Operation Illya's Castle.

Copy of the console.log
    It may be useless tho, since the date of when did the bugs occur wasnt manually tracked.

In the readme given from the patch files, some links are broken:
    • In the Table of Content, "Illya's Castle - Item FAQ" doesnt redirect to a section, unlike the others links.
    • "changing your DEP (Data Execution Prevention) settings" gives a 404.
    • "Translated from here by aldeayeah" gives a 404.
    • "English translation project page" gives an unrelated website, probably 404.

bugs voice line caster
    洞寺・2日目-20.ks
    "...She did turn me down when I tried asking about the Holy Grail War last time..."
    apparently by loading RUY0220_SHI_011c7
    i think it's a problem because of the patch and not of my inaptitude, because somebody else mentionned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taka View Post
    Hey there.
    So, I haven't finished the game yet, but I came across an error in the scene where Shirou talks to Caster that leads into her backstory. About halfway through Shirou's first dialogue clip in the scene, the game crashes. This can be avoided if you just skip the voice clip entirely. Is this a known issue, and if not, could it potentially happen again?
    This bug only appears when played for the first time(until it gets completed once), accessing it from extra menu doesnt reproduce the bug.
    For now, it can be avoided by pressing ctrl key before the voice line starts, and read it after ward with the mouse wheel's history.
    Demonstration

Using the mouse wheel to see the history throwed an error popup in some eclipse and hanafuda scenes, but I couldnt reproduce the errors for screenshots and throubleshoot.

The vita Movies won't work on a second monitor. Everything is fine on main monitor, but once on a second one,
    no matter from extra or ingame, it is a blackscreen with sound
    Demonstration

During Rider's Eclipse, there are plenty of "greyed screens" where everything gets greyed, the text, the background, the characters. It may or may be because of a misuse of the fadein command, can't confirm.
    It felt wrong(bold). I tried to fathom the reasons.
    1) It's Kibisis' effect: then why are there greyed screens even after getting out of Kibisis?
    2) It adds to the feeling of unease: my personnal hatred of Rider is subjective, there can't be that many content revolving around her with the intention of painting her in a bad light, this scene is supposed to create horniness for Rider's FC, and the greyed screens hinder this.
    example:
    Spoiler:

The functionality "Hide text during sprite changes" only worked on roughly half of the change of expressions on Auto-Read. Some got barely noticeable when they occur behind a wall of text.
    To prevent the reading experience from turning into madness, those werent keep track of.

About the sync between voice lines and text, it went wrong in multiple cases, especially with Caster. Mostly, it was the text marking a pause while the VA was still playing, throwing off the voice to text experience.
    To prevent the reading experience from turning into madness, those werent keep track of.

Miscellaneous Thoughts:

FSN's option from the patch allows to check/uncheck "show mature content", while FHA's patch allows to check/uncheck "censor mature content", wouldnt it better if both followed the same logic?

Settings=>Transitions: ON gets those transitions OFF, and OFF gets those ON, although the tooltip helps to understand, it would be clearer with Transitions renamed as Hide Transition.

The VA's quality isn't that great, especially compared to FSN. It's likely due to being encoded for a vita rather than for a pc, and fixing this would probably require a mastery at voice altering.

And so ends this second post, the third one is off-topic compared to the first two, so i won't post it before the talks about these first two posts.

@Kador
    Thank you for your elaborate feedback! We'll try to address these issues for the next relase. Take note that it might be some while off though, since we are still working on the next update of RN Ultimate Edition at this point.

Edit:
    カレン-06.ks
    "as soon as your summons comes to an end, you disappear without being able to inherit your memories?"
    your summons come, or your summon comes, not both. I would prefer the latter.
    I'm convinced the plural of summon is used rather than summons in this context, until proved otherwise.
    Originally, the singular was "summons" (plural "summonses"), but it took a round trip through Malay and got reintroduced to English as singular "summon", plural "summons", since people somehow forgot the correct word... So both "summon" and "summons" seem to be valid for singular nowadays.

真・冒頭-03.ks
    "I waNT TO Die."
    Why cant it be all uppercase rather than half the letters? mixing upper and lowercase doesnt fit this context, especially with the rest being full upper or full lower, no middle ground
    In Japanese, it's switching between hiragana and katakana (しにイたい) in the middle for that specific line, so..
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; January 17th, 2023 at 02:37 PM.

Well, i guess that even after verifying the report, some errors were still there.
    By the way, i forgot one from ema:
    絵馬039.ks
    "He's being decieved."
    deceived

I greatly appreciated the seriousness you took to answer me in fsn and there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    Take note that it might be some while off though
    If you need some help in a way or another, feel free to ping me.

is there a way to play this with fullscreen and black bars? when i click on fullscreen it just stretches the screen

Quote Originally Posted by Jaey View Post
    is there a way to play this with fullscreen and black bars? when i click on fullscreen it just stretches the screen
    Set the scaling mode on your monitor to "Aspect", "Letterbox", "1:1", or "Exact" modes. The exact name may differ depending on monitor vendor

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    Set the scaling mode on your monitor to "Aspect", "Letterbox", "1:1", or "Exact" modes. The exact name may differ depending on monitor vendor
    thanks

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Link0306's Avatar
    Hey, was interested in finally reading Fate/hollow ataraxia, and just wanted to double check - is the patch linked in the OP the latest version, or is there a newer patch? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Link0306 View Post
    Hey, was interested in finally reading Fate/hollow ataraxia, and just wanted to double check - is the patch linked in the OP the latest version, or is there a newer patch? Thanks.
    The patch linked in the OP is the latest stable version.
    The one linked in Quibi's signature is buggy and has documented issues.