Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Hollow Ataraxia Voice Patch

Excuse me but do i need to have the original untranslated japanese version of this game for this patch to work?

Quote Originally Posted by milksteak View Post
    For what it's worth I've run into a download limit on Mega plenty of times, and I've never ran into a download limit on Mediafire (and I've never had slow speeds from Mediafire). I don't really care between them, I just don't see the problem with him uploading to Mediafire. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Eh I dunno
    It's also due to the fact that with Mega Downloader you can pause the download and still keep the progress in case the PC is turned off for some reason or the internet connection is lost or the browser is closed and whatnot. But yes, slow speeds are also an issue for me, average for Mediafire is between 50~1XX kps. While in the worst and very usual cases is something pitiful like 30 and below all the way down to 3 kps. Mega on the other hand has a very usual average of 170 to a maximum of around 220 kps.

FGO Fandom Wiki Editor Khanetho417's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SDZ17 View Post
    Excuse me but do i need to have the original untranslated japanese version of this game for this patch to work?
    You don't. I managed to get it to work just fine with an English translated version of Hollow Ataraxia. Although for some reason for me the language was set to Japanese when I launched the game for the first time with the voice patch, but I just changed the language using one of the switches at the top of the screen (if that makes any sense).

English translated version of FHA? Aren't they all just patches? :l

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    This should make debugging a hell of a lot easier now, but I still need a volunteer to help me test it :O
    I can test it, just probably not until next week at earliest. Can send you discord ID and all when I'm available, if that sounds good enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khanetho417 View Post
    You don't. I managed to get it to work just fine with an English translated version of Hollow Ataraxia. Although for some reason for me the language was set to Japanese when I launched the game for the first time with the voice patch, but I just changed the language using one of the switches at the top of the screen (if that makes any sense).
    The game sets default language on first launch based on system locale, so if you had yours in JP then you get JP in-game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KiritoX View Post
    Yes. There is no official translation for HA.

Amado was just saying that you did not need the game in its original japanese state for the patch to apply. Just follow the instructions listed in the OP and other links, and you should be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

FGO Fandom Wiki Editor Khanetho417's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by KiritoX View Post
    Well when I downloaded F/HA it had the English patch already installed; that's what I meant.

Congratulations for patch release!
    Sorry for the late congratulations, since I spent my National Day holiday the other day.

By the way, if you want a patch include Simplified Chinese translation and Japanese, please follow this article(https://lm.works/fha/) published by us.
    We are L.M. Works and work together with this project.

Quote Originally Posted by gay buldge View Post
    Any way to get this font?
    This is a copyrighted font named "FOT-ユトリロPro DB" (FOT-Utrillo Pro DB), you can purchase it from Fontworks.
    Last edited by Hintay; October 11th, 2017 at 12:06 PM.

I'd like to volunteer, although I'm not sure how to pull the complete error log. Should I pm my discord?

Blog Entries
    Thanks Hintay
    I added a reference to your project in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Hifumi View Post
    I'd like to volunteer, although I'm not sure how to pull the complete error log. Should I pm my discord?
    Anyone knows?

/Path to Game/savedata/krkr.console.log
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    /Path to Game/savedata/krkr.console.log
    Thank you

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Khanetho417 View Post
    Okay thanks for the reply

Thanks for this awesome release , and thanks for the guy who did this , I've been waiting for this since I heard there was a voice patch project and I'm glad it's finally released.

Unfortunately for me , I will have to wait until it's uploaded on another website since mediafire really doesn't work well (often sudden breaks during downloads)
    Hopefully there will be another way to download it later.

I don't really have a way to test it on KK2.
    If someone wants to help me debug it (basically you send me the error log and I send you a 12mb patch to test, repeating this process until success) send me your discord.
    Just to clarify - I really need the complete error log, not a partial screenshot as the one provided.
    If you need a second set of eyes, I volunteer. Kiyuya#1395 is my discord =)

Also, thank you a lot for all your work! I'm sure this has been a tremendous amount of work for you, all of those who have pitched in their efforts and the giants whose shoulders you stand on as well. Registered to give you some thumbs up =) Got into Fate just a few months ago and people recommended me to postpone FHA until this patch came out.

Blog Entries
    So with the help of Hifumi I've managed to find the issue with KK2 support.

TL;DR - probably possible, but not ideal and kind of time consuming. I'll try to make it happen but don't expect it soon.

Technical rant:
    Spoiler:
    Basically there are two plugins added in this release preventing it to work on KK2:
    1. The plugin for internationalization.
    2. The plugin for voice.

Possible solutions:
    1. Ideal solution - add support for those plugins for KK2. We have the source code for both, and I see the source code for KK2 is available on github (yet it's being sold on the play store? what's up with that? Something smells here...) - yet it seems the project is not very active, and the plugins we need to add might not be compatible with android without tweaking. This solution requires some investigation.
    2. Non-ideal solution:
      1. Internationalization plugin - it actually only affects menu items and the flags (those that give clues) and not the script themselves. I can just remove it and the game will work in English for most of the part. I might even be able to find another workaround that will keep the original behavior.
      2. Voice plugin - just convert all the voices to a format KK2 can play (like ogg).

I see the source code for KK2 is available on github (yet it's being sold on the play store? what's up with that? Something smells here...)
    Best part is it's only the English version that's being sold, Chinese version is free, and it's exactly the same, just not with a so-so translation. There's also the fact that at least with FSN, there's some random crashing issue which happens on any version later than 1.2.6
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

Game itself has 4:3 screen ratio, so in fullscreen mode it distorts greatly. Is there a way to make game work in fullscreen but with black borders on left and rigth sides, so it wont distort?

Quote Originally Posted by NamelessOne View Post
    Game itself has 4:3 screen ratio, so in fullscreen mode it distorts greatly. Is there a way to make game work in fullscreen but with black borders on left and rigth sides, so it wont distort?
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrormoon forums
    For nVidia, enable 'treat as HDTV' under Manage Custom Resolutions, then you can disable zooming or enable maintain aspect ratio under Change Flat Panel Scaling. The specific options may be named something else by now, haven't updated my drivers for a while.
    Do note that reply is from 2009 though, so if the options are still there they're probably not located in the same places or named the same thing.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

Thanks for the answer, I figured out how to make game run in fullscreen and it pretty much the same way. So I will reply for my own question (for AMD users though): to make game run in fullcreen you have to open Radeon Settings app, go to Display and 1)set GPU Scaling to On 2)set Scaling mode to "Preserve aspect ratio".