Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71215161718 LastLast

Thread: Fate/Empire of Dirt - R18+ Doujin RPG

I wonder if the thing with Faust's english edition publishing the first official translation of the KNK novels and immediately folding afterwards may have influenced TM's approach to the West?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar
    That might be possible. I know that Type Moon LN are translated in Brazilian Portuguese, chinese and vietnamese. Anymore info on the faust translation? From what I gather it didn't happen.

now for some real talk with the Tsukimhime remake happening will it get an english translation? The Emyia cooking game is getting one. Maybe this will start a chain reaction of things getting translated.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Console VNs are more successful in current times and dont have to deal as much with the ever-present pirate menace the english language VN scene is really struggling with, so theres usually bigger interest in localizing those. But if Type-moon asks for a million bazillion gigadollars again then nothing will come of it.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    “For sale in Japan only” is a tagline eroge makers started slapping in their games after the Rapelay incident regardless of their involvment with the title to protect their asses, because they didnt want their games to cause similar a similar shitshow. Now of course Type moon no longer makes eroge, but the incident left a big impression on everyone in the eroge sphere at the time that west = risky. Now i doubt that is actually the reason, it was mainly just something i threw out to pad my list, but the west = yabai idea of the time could be indirectly affecting their reluctance.
    I mean, according to some of the stuff I dug up some VN devs IP-restricted their sites to JP only, and then some went the extra mile actually taking down unofficial English translations and vandalising player-run wikis because "not for you".
    Last edited by Deathhappens; January 3rd, 2021 at 05:06 PM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I mean, according to some of the stuff I dug up some VN devs IP-restricted their sites to JP only, and then some went the extra mile actually taking down unofficial English translations ans vandalising player-run wikis because "not for you".
    IIRC one of those devs were already known for rather notorious xenophobia and possible racism.

I dont think that applies to fate thought since none of those people are involved.

But if Type-moon asks for a million bazillion gigadollars again then nothing will come of it.
    They also have no chance of making any money. And PC might still be worth because of how steam works and it's ability to make things like VN accessible

After doing some digging, some brave soul on an 18+ forum is currently translating the game. Translation is a WIP but the guy behind it seems to fix any issues or errors that pop up and seems to be making decent progress or at least thats what I can gather. There are screenshots in the thread that show that it at least works, albeit all those screenshots are errors. Thankfully others in the thread seem to report that it works just fine aside from the occasional error. A simple google search for “ fate empire of dirt english” should bring it up as the 6th result.

Quote Originally Posted by Lichzim View Post
    After doing some digging, some brave soul on an 18+ forum is currently translating the game. Translation is a WIP but the guy behind it seems to fix any issues or errors that pop up and seems to be making decent progress or at least thats what I can gather. There are screenshots in the thread that show that it at least works, albeit all those screenshots are errors. Thankfully others in the thread seem to report that it works just fine aside from the occasional error. A simple google search for “ fate empire of dirt english” should bring it up as the 6th result.
    So, I checked, and while I think the actual OP intended to make a proper translation (maybe) most of the thread and the "translation patch" therein seems to be by the FishWitch guy who seems to be Ubergeneral here who asked about interest in improving his MTL. In other words, unless the original OP on that thread was intending on making an actual translation and has just been radio silent because he's knee deep in that, the patch you're looking at is actually the MTL patch shot down here a couple pages back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I mean, according to some of the stuff I dug up some VN devs IP-restricted their sites to JP only, and then some went the extra mile actually taking down unofficial English translations and vandalising player-run wikis because "not for you".
    Yeah, Alicesoft, Minori and Yuzusoft were among the big ones that IP blocked gaijins, and GIGA sent C&Ds to tlwiki. Minori were also the ones that vandalized the wiki. Funnily enough all these companies have now stuff getting released in english, and Alicesoft has even started doing in-house english releases. All's well that ends well? Except Minori cause they went bankrupt lol.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    So, I checked, and while I think the actual OP intended to make a proper translation (maybe) most of the thread and the "translation patch" therein seems to be by the FishWitch guy who seems to be Ubergeneral here who asked about interest in improving his MTL. In other words, unless the original OP on that thread was intending on making an actual translation and has just been radio silent because he's knee deep in that, the patch you're looking at is actually the MTL patch shot down here a couple pages back.
    I never really intended to make a patch other than for myself. I was hoping that it might drum up interest in this but as for doing it I have very little skill in this sort of thing.

I finally played Empire of Dirt and it was pretty fun, both story and gameplay.
    First chapters are not that interesting, since they are sort of introduction chapters about already existing Servants with circumstances already known from FGO (Brunhilde and Rama) and gameplay parts are basically tutorial.
    But in chapters after that plot thickens, they explore original Servants and gameplay is actually challenging. Last chapter although was not as good as middle - it seems like it was finished in hurry - some plot lines (like Millennium Empire) was completely forgotten and overall final antagonist was not very interesting.
    Main antagonist identity
    Although maybe it's because I read too much Index and this Aleister just not as awesome as one from Index.

Romance part with H-scenes is almost completely detached from main plot and mainly happens in last chapter (so it's like ~40 hours before first H-scene) - it's a couple of events in the beginning of the chapter and ending for each heroine. Date events was nice and romantic, but I didn't liked that in plot part characters behave like romance part didn't happened. Although for now I completed only Witch's route, maybe it's better for other heroines.

Original Servants were very good, both designs and stories about them. It's strange that the most fleshed out original Servant doesn't have route (only 1 dream H-scene). Well, she was antagonist in her chapter, and actually as antagonist she was far more interesting than last boss in final chapter. Her chapter was probably my favorite one.
    Identity

Also some amusing info about One-eyed Rider -
    Identity and small plot details
    Jan Žižka was actually man. He is girl now because he was summoned with Mordred'sArtoria's body (that also affected one of his Noble Phantasms). Apparently Žižka is ok with it (although I don't yet know how it will be carried in her route), but perhaps it is because her personality also slightly influenced by Artoria.
    Huh, I thought when I read game that he was summoned in Mordred's body, and because of that Sirotci also influenced by his body, but Fanbook actually says that he is summoned in Artoria's body, and because of that his children (Sirotci) influenced by Artoria's child (Mordred).
    Žižka is not only Servant with botched summon.
    Not so small plot details
    Jeanne is another - she is actually Charles VII.
    Charles is very not ok with it.
    Last edited by Desann; April 12th, 2021 at 11:13 PM.

When you played through this was it in english or japanese?

Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    When you played through this was it in english or japanese?
    Japanese. There is no English version as far as I'm aware.
    Last edited by Desann; April 17th, 2021 at 12:10 PM.

Luwen Workshop announced append-sequel - Fate/Empire of Dirt -Made in Heaven- - planned for end of the year with routes for Kiara, Nightingale and
    Spoiler:
    Liu Xiu

Looks like they are going to resolve remaining plot lines from the game. There are also a lot of new silhouettes in twitter thread.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Murasaki?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Murasaki?
    Yes, she looks similar. Others are harder to understand, but could last one be Dantes? At least he have similar hat.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Akuta is also pretty recognizable.

夜属 Nightkin
    Maybe Dinadan will actually do something now.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Looking forward to Fate/Empire of Dirt II: -Made in Heaven- Electric Boogaloo Final Mix Plus 1+ Ultimate Prepare to Lewd Edition.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Isn't the middle shadow Medb (from the picture that shows Kiara and Nightingale)?