Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: End of Ashaverse Q&A

Blog Entries
    Will you ever trim your beard?

- - - Updated - - -

Is it even possible?
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    Will you ever trim your beard?

- - - Updated - - -

Is it even possible?
    Unfortunately uranium-enriched meteoric metal is hard to come by these days so I could fashion razors out of them.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Why was Altrouge in OLYMPUS?

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    Why was Altrouge in OLYMPUS?
    To look for Arcueid, who had been sighted there/was prophesied to be there. Of course, it wasn't Arc but Ark, yet Alt might have been willing to ally with whoever was going against Ark because Alt hated her guts, just like with Arc.

And Arc could have possibly appeared to help players too, had they besieged Millennium Castle.

Blog Entries
    Did you have something in mind for Shizuka's role in alternate iterations of the simulation? Sort of like the fragment Felix saw through using his spell in the Dasein and that stuff. I'm mostly interested in what kind of role you envisioned Shizuka having within OLYMPUS.

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

Blog Entries
    Did you have something in mind for Shizuka's role in alternate iterations of the simulation? Sort of like the fragment Felix saw through using his spell in the Dasein and that stuff. I'm mostly interested in what kind of role you envisioned Shizuka having within OLYMPUS.
    Well, there was a possibility that each player could become a Dorm Head, so there was that, though in Shizuka's case Advisor/Bodyguard would have also worked. Then there was the chance that she'd lose to the Kagura-gene inside her and become a full-blown HB.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post
    Well, there was a possibility that each player could become a Dorm Head, so there was that, though in Shizuka's case Advisor/Bodyguard would have also worked. Then there was the chance that she'd lose to the Kagura-gene inside her and become a full-blown HB.
    Might be a silly question, but, what kind of stuff would be involved into a potential getting-to-be-a Dorm Head route? What kinds of challenges and difficulties?

Also, what was Tessa's arc, if she had any? And what kind of stuff was planned for the Luthor, Mei, Satoko, Lacey and Shizuka alliance?

quotes

Blog Entries
    Might be a silly question, but, what kind of stuff would be involved into a potential getting-to-be-a Dorm Head route? What kinds of challenges and difficulties?
    Lots of political machinations, getting famous in your dorm, defeating your old dorm head in the Duel Chart... there was a lot of it. Basically you had to become better than the current Dorm Head.

Also, what was Tessa's arc, if she had any?
    Tessa's arc was that she was going to be adorably tsundere and there was nothing anyone could do to stop her. Oh and Mommy issues.

And what kind of stuff was planned for the Luthor, Mei, Satoko, Lacey and Shizuka alliance?
    War against the Touzaki Gang, with maybe some Akio side-plot seeing that he was kinda on the opposing side in all of that.

Blog Entries
    Were there big fight arcs like War for the Princess planned out for the future in Regalia? Were there some plot triggers you were hoping for certain PCs to trip into?

quotes

Blog Entries
    Were there big fight arcs like War for the Princess planned out for the future in Regalia? Were there some plot triggers you were hoping for certain PCs to trip into?
    There were couple, mostly involving various non-racial Factions such as Murder Wing, Dead Man's Hands, etc. One would have been return of Gunner Davy Jones, and the rampage of Kaiser Nimrod. Of course, the big one for F/RRR would have been Monster (Fafnir) going loose and starting to decimate everything she came across because of her natural hatred for anything that involved Heroic Spirits.

For the sasahime war arc what group(s) were you most looking forward to the pc's meeting?

Blog Entries
    Something I was very curious about for a long time were Dorm Head abilities. What were the specifications on the stuff that they could do? What we saw of Jacques was quite strong, and that was just a single perk, so I wonder how the rest of them hold up. Especially Tessa and Suzuka.

quotes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vritra View Post
    For the sasahime war arc what group(s) were you most looking forward to the pc's meeting?
    Shinsengumi, if I had to make a top pick. They were originally just a quirky miniboss squad, but I soon came up with all sorts of backstories and personalities for them, making them more fleshed-out than when they started.

Something I was very curious about for a long time were Dorm Head abilities. What were the specifications on the stuff that they could do? What we saw of Jacques was quite strong, and that was just a single perk, so I wonder how the rest of them hold up. Especially Tessa and Suzuka.
    As mentioned before, Jacques had a god from another dimension (basically Shub-Niggurath) sealed into his shadow, making it an entity as much as Jacques himself. It was a curse that he had acquired after turning the whole of Firenze into his feeding ground, basically growing his 'realm' into the size of Tuscany before it was reverted through two scriptures of The Church (long story). The power that was and was not created a paradox that manifested as a link to this deity, which Jacques barely managed to seal away into his 'reflection/shadow' before it took over him. As such, Jacques did not actually drink blood, but the shadows and ego of his victims. In battle, he excelled in mind-altering effects and shattering one's psyche through his aura.

Tessa's powers were centered around the fact that she was, in actuality, a human whose body-composition was identical to that of a dragon, only rearranged differently so she looked like a human. Thus, she literally breathed prana as a destructive force. That was also why she needed Kuuteräs, her weapon: it imposed the law of "Barren Wasteland Surrounded by Cold Heatless Space". Basically "Desolation" in every sense of the word. When directed at her, it counteracted her normal breathing and presence in the world. The reason why she was able to carry it was because it had been made of the material harvested from Tessa's original self: the Outer Space Dragon Kokko, He of Star Metal and Fire.

Suzuka's power, on the other hand, was about "Seeing Through" every mystery, every lie, every legend, every abnormality. She could see every single strength and weakness of the ones she looked, know exactly what they thought, what they planned, what they hoped and dreamed and what they were afraid of. She knew those she looked better than they did themselves, and for a simple reason: she did not have eyes. Instead, her pupils were pools connected to the Collective Subconsciousness of humanity, which she used to reflect those she 'looked' upon into her mind. Thus she always saw the truth, even the ones that people hid to themselves. As a result, this ultimate form of clairvoyance made her pretty much impervious to attacks not of "basic" nature, as something like spells and mystic codes were reverted to "lies = not true = not real" before her power.

Did you have any plans for Luis in store for his future development?

And which pairs did you enjoy writing for in Regalia and MWR?

Spoiler:

Hm, I suppose I'll also lean on favoritism and ask about Roselia's abilities and motivations. It always seemed like she was just "the best mage," but given her time on OLYMPUS and her sort of "gatekeeper" status with all of those victories, it also seemed like she was in the perfect position to become a friendly antagonist protecting the school or an insurrectionist against a system that had never really benefited her.

Also, what would progression along her Route Link have looked like?
    \(◕___◕)/

What were the abilities of the House dorm head like?

Blog Entries
    What were Kaoru's abilities? And the Taima Dorm Head's?

quotes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MssrNeko View Post
    Did you have any plans for Luis in store for his future development?
    Lots and lots of airball. Oh, and end-game was the title of Sky King.

And which pairs did you enjoy writing for in Regalia and MWR?
    Honestly? All of them. If I hadn't I wouldn't have lasted nearly this long.

Hm, I suppose I'll also lean on favoritism and ask about Roselia's abilities and motivations. It always seemed like she was just "the best mage," but given her time on OLYMPUS and her sort of "gatekeeper" status with all of those victories, it also seemed like she was in the perfect position to become a friendly antagonist protecting the school or an insurrectionist against a system that had never really benefited her.

Also, what would progression along her Route Link have looked like?
    As I mentioned on the IRC chat, Roselia was, in a sense, the 'life of the planet'. It didn't just encompass being able to grow plants and such, it was also about the atmosphere, the hydrological cycle, the temperature and appearance of various elements which makes planets viable for habitation. Her Magic Crest, which was the inside of her mind, every inch of it, was a set of rules that affected the formation of Earth and how it evolved. From Hadean Period to the modern times, these rules were modified to set what was the 'norm' and what was desired of the planet at the time. The original rules still exist somewhere, but in the times when civilization was a mere dream, someone found them and carved them into his children, and they gave them to their children, and so forth. If you had asked Roselia, she would describe that the magic crest is nigh impossible to visualize in a three-dimensional space. The closet you'll get is a huge, smooth black monolith. The term I threw around was 'Planetary Keystone' - something that makes the planet what it is, it's purpose.

As for her role, well... Roselia was tired. Very tired. She had been through more than anyone in OLYMPUS, and in a sense, just wanted it to end. She wanted to go back to being the same girl that stepped off the plane for the very first time, innocent and not even capable of dreaming what would happen. Her friends, her generation, her dreams and goals... those were all gone. She really had no connection point to OLYMPUS anymore, even though she wanted to help each and every student that was troubled by something or another. If anything, the happy end for her would have been to reunite with Leila and Kirime, and walk off into the sunset, never to be heard from again.

What were the abilities of the House dorm head like?
    His attacks affected not your physical body, but the concept that is "you". Basically, if he hit you, he damaged your very existence, damage that couldn't be undone by any conventional, or esoteric means. That's what made him ridiculously dangerous to fight, as even if you won, he could have hurt you enough that your career as a Master was over. Indeed, he could even damage stuff like your Command Spells or Servant Link directly. Of course, punching a fireball out of the way was his basic feats with this fighting style as well.

What were Kaoru's abilities? And the Taima Dorm Head's?
    Souja Mikado had Circuits that had basically no limit. Comparable to something made out of Moon Cell, each was capable of storing hundred spells and their variations, and he could simply sprout new ones if need be. Since his spells were directly etched into his circuits, this also meant that he just had to drive prana through them to immediately activate the spell, meaning he could just spew out rituals or other spells that would take days in matter of seconds. There was a second phase to his fight, where he pretty much 'became' a body of nothing but Magic Circuits, a lymph-node-slash-crystalline existence that absorbed any and all spells and had access to thousands of years of magecraft, both self-created and stolen.

Kaoru's power, on the other hand, was 'absolute'. Her existence was 'greater' than what you could throw at it, meaning that all other supernatural abilities, even ones that would negate it such as Suzuka's, were denied. 'Sovereign' is also a good word for her ability, as her power made her untouchable by anything that'd hamper it. It is her body, her soul, her mind and nothing can touch them, up to and including Magic. This made her removed from the world, and it could be said that what people saw as Kaoru was nothing less than looking at a foreign dimension invading upon our own. Kaoru 'is' would be the most succinct way to put it. She is, exists, and you cannot deny no matter how much you try. This extends to her attacks and stats. If she strikes you, that is absolute, and so the strike is an automatic hit, etc.

So who is Alpha? What is his real name and what is his purpose in the giant scheme of your stories and meta-plot? What was his endgame that he wanted to accomplish?

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Her tenure was a looooot shorter than most of the other PCs, but from the short time that she was around did you have any ideas for things you wanted to throw Noelle's way?