Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

End of Ashaverse Q&A

THE GREAT BIG
    VERG-TELLS-EVERYTHING-SPOILERS-AHOY-AND-ALL-MYSTERIES-REVEALED
    A-M-A

All good things must come to an end, and after my sabbatical, I've come to the clear decision that Fate/Regalia and its various spin-offs have become too bloated for their own good to work as a RP anymore. I've also gotten a taste of actual, fast-paced tabletop roleplaying, and cannot in good conscience come back to such a slow-paced method (as we saw with Regalia).

Therefore, if I ever want to get a fresh start in internet RPs and their ilk, I need to wipe the table clean. That, unfortunately, comes with a necessary sacrifice. The aforementioned Regalia and its two brothers, Somnium Summer and Moon White. There's simply too much baggage in them.

Therefore I've made this Ask-me-Anything.

The topics are:
    Fate/Somnium Summer Redux
    Fate/Moon White Redux
    Fate/Re:Regalia Revolution

It's the best way to bury these two RPs and one fanfic, which all form one cohesive storyline. In this AMA, you guys can ask me anything you want, from characters to story to mysteries to shipping, and everything in-between. And I'll try to answer everything, this time without being coy or hiding answers. Nothing is sacred as we rip open the various, overly-complex storylines of these tales.

So, if anything ever made you wonder in these roleplays and fanfics, ask away. The truth shall finally be revealed. In addition, I'll try to add as many various tidbits and lore I can think of as I go through my notes of yesteryear.

It was amazing eight years, but the time has finally come to see it laid to rest. For the sake of next amazing eight years.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; January 1st, 2018 at 05:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Tell my about Duel Chart #1 plz.
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Duel Chart!

The one big thing that was left bouncing for me, the one question burning deeply within, was what my Duel Chart rank and descriptions would've been. It'd be nice to get that for everyone who didn't make it to the Servant summoning, tbh.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    Duel Chart!

The one big thing that was left bouncing for me, the one question burning deeply within, was what my Duel Chart rank and descriptions would've been. It'd be nice to get that for everyone who didn't make it to the Servant summoning, tbh.
    Mind if we can get the list of PC Duel Chart descriptions?
    Unfortunately Duel Chart descriptions are something I cannot give you, as they weren't "pre-written". So much could have changed, depending on how the summoning went, etc. Therefore, they were written from the moment that a PC finally summoned.

Plus, there's over 20 of you. If I wrote them now, I'd never get anything else answered.

Tell my about Duel Chart #1 plz.
    Tell you what, I'll reveal the duel chart entries in the irc, we'll go over them all, and then I'll post the full list here for people to gawk at.

Mind if we can get the list of PC Duel Chart descriptions?

Spoiler:

It's been forever since I last read it but was it ever revealed in SSR what the deal was with Illyasviel and Karin's trauma regarding, I think Shirou???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    It's been forever since I last read it but was it ever revealed in SSR what the deal was with Illyasviel and Karin's trauma regarding, I think Shirou???
    The point of F/SSR was that reality was being folded with the Paradox Grail over and over again in Fuyuki. The events that transpired, deaths of people and unfortunate outcomes, were being weeded out by constantly supplying the Paradox Grail with power both from the leylines, and dead Servants. One of these "fixes" to the original timeline of UBW was that Illya was turned into a normal girl, though she has not lost her memories yet. Iliaster von Einzbern was a male homunculus from the main family who was sent to investigate, and participate in the war. But as he met with Illya, they both realized they were practically identical. So, to show that there was no need to take part in a fake war without a price, Illya gave Iliaster a chance to live with the Tomoe family for a while. Too bad the war sucked him back, literally as the energy was starting to leak into his Smaller Grail parts and causing the fever, and his feelings for Rider went unanswered.

Indeed, there was in in the chapter name "Evening - New faces of the family". It appeared to only introduce Archer, but the face was in plural for a reason. It's the first time Iliaster has taken Illya's place.

And what comes to Karin having a trauma about Shirou, it's because she once, during her very early childhood, was in the middle of a great fire in Fuyuki. She lost her mother, father and brother to that fire, and started living with the monks of Ryuudou temple, still scarred from her experience. Then, about ten years later, a man who looked like a red-eyed demon fought against a man that looked like her dead brother, and they caused her home to be destroyed yet again. Plus there were swords. Lots of swords.

Her trauma is probably 45% Shirou, 55% swords.

Juanita was a good person, right? What was her deal? And Vara! And Jager! Tell me about my crew!
    Vara wanted to create a great, big epic tale about happenings of OLYMPUS, but he was eventually distracted by the odd, information-gathering abilities of the Crystal City, and how it seemed to monitor the whole world constantly. Jäger was on the hunt for a criminal magi Petrus Kaminski who had slipped to OLYMPUS last year. She had an old score to settle after Petrus killed her brother, who used to work with her. And Juanita? Juanita was just stubborn. She was a good person with somewhat sticky fingers and ridiculously bad luck, always getting her into trouble, time after time. She had gotten to OLYMPUS on a scholarship after being spotted in the slums of her hometown by OLYMPUS personnel, and wanted to become famous in the world of the magi.

1) who was the guy that Rosalia and her friend (lassys older sister) fell in love with and got into a fight over?
    He was only known as Kirime, a poor guy with no other special abilities than being able to cut everything. One day he just took up a sword, and cut until there was nothing he couldn't cut. A very laid-back guy who became involved in a love triangle that got the best of him. Leila's and Roselia's argument distracted them during a battle, making them late in saving Kirime from falling into one of the portals in the depths of OLYMPUS. This broke the friendship between Leila and Roselia, as both blamed each other (read: themselves). The battle between them that shattered the sky above OLYMPUS soon followed.

2) who was Peri Kereteka and what did she want with Ichirou?
    She was subordinate of Kujaku Senhime, looking for new people to do her boss' bidding.

3) Before you gave out some information regarding olympuses location that was for a mystery what was that all about?
    Ah, yes. That ties into the large picture (to which I will talk about more tomorrow). But, specifically, it'd be impossible to get to OLYMPUS with the type of plane everyone was in. There's just not enough gas. Plus even with a commercial airliner, it'd be impossible to do it in such a short amount of time. These were small hints that there was something off about the beginning of the RP, and how people had arrived there.

4) What was the deal with Mutekatsuryuu Dojo?
    It was brought to OLYMPUS by request of a wealthy sponsor. Indeed the whole area was plucked and transplated to OLYMPUS. This is because the ancestral ghost of this sponsor's family, a young woman in full kendo gear, still haunts it. It was a possible Route Link, as well as training opportunity.

Also, any information on Pomegranate and the puzzle bits he handed to Fiore, Verglings?
    Pomegranate, aka. Servant Ruler (Cheshire Cat) was the administrator of the Crystal City system and kept watch over it during the simulations. Occasionally he got bored, popped in onto a simulation, gave someone in there a hard time, maybe some cryptic hints, and then resumed the simulation. Like with Fiore. The puzzle piece was meant to help with the glyphtable mystery, while the Sialim Eltnam Atlasia Reports were just added lore, this one proving connection between MW and Regalia (Ochemond).
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; January 2nd, 2018 at 02:17 AM.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Juanita was a good person, right? What was her deal?

I want a summary of what Kazu's development would've been like. Expected achievements, crisis and downfall if any.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hero View Post
    I want a summary of what Kazu's development would've been like. Expected achievements, crisis and downfall if any.
    Enter full revengeancedge-mode as he wants to kill Kaoru for being his crazy insest-sister and destroying the whole of Kimon village. Kaoru, about halfway through this, would get annoyed and kill Kazu, revealing the whole sordid backstory as she did. Afterwards it would have been up to the players to determine whether to bring him back to life, and even if they did, it would have been in a weakened state. Invoker's actions would have been determined by what happened with this, too.

On the way up the Duel Chart, though, he would have defeated Pop Kim by killing her Rider, making PK turn into a sort of good guy with her hair let down.

What were our rivals like when Regalia was revamped?
    It's a big question to ask and the answer would be even bigger, but you also had Servants in mind with the rivals right? Can you tell us what you had in mind for those too?
    If you can imagine the polar opposite of your character, then that'd be it. I remember the Kishu rival being a total child of the modern times who hated tradition and her family, and Taima rival feeling every emotion on an accelerated level, that sort of stuff. And Estray rival was just Firo. Like, a second Firo.

As for their Servants, I had a file about that somewhere, but I can't find it. It might have been lost on my third nuking of my old laptop.

How easy would it have been for Asuka to join Kazu's fanclub? Making friends was very important for her plot.
    You would have needed to defeat Tatsumi in a honorable combat to be allowed in on the Senpai-Worship-Club. Such is the long and arduous journey of fangirls.

Was there a particular plot thread that would have led to the discovery of the missing former students and Dormitory Heads? I did want to work a way around to that plot via helping Roselia out.
    Different people disappeared in different ways, most of them dead. You would have needed to become aware of the simulation nature of Heaven's Regalia to even have chance of bringing people back, and even then, it would have needed administrator access and original files of the people deleted. So either you would have needed to get yourself out of the simulation for a moment (which was hinted at in the F/RRR rulebook, incidentally) or have some meta-aware character, such as Alpha or Wolfgang/Sigma, do it for you.

Incidentally, I have a file with all the names of the former Dormitory Heads and their Advisors. Give me a moment and I'll dig it up.

Each of the Dasein fights dealt with the PC facing some sort of inner turmoil/conflict/some weakness or other they had to admit and overcome. What were the planned conflicts for the players who had yet to summon?
    Too numerous to write here. They were basically your potential, what hampered your potential and what you refused to face in your current state and as such, made you unable to grow up, all rolled into a one nice package. And that package was in the shape of your future self, fused with your Servant. So yeah, it depended completely on the character itself.

Also OP 2 has Felix and Stan facing off, obviously such a scenario is dependent on actions taken by the PCs, but you must have had some sort of scenario in mind when you put that part into the OP. Could you explain what it was about/how you envisioned it would occur.
    The Capture Sasashime-storyark would have sparked an OLYMPUS-wide war among small groups, so that was a possibility. Plus Felix was heading down quite a dark path anyway, what with his Servant being a total douche - 3-

So what's the deal behind Alpha? Why does he appear in almost all the stories and what is his purpose?

Spoiler:

1) who was the guy that Rosalia and her friend (lassys older sister) fell in love with and got into a fight over?

2) who was Peri Kereteka and what did she want with Ichirou?

Edit
    3) Before you gave out some information regarding olympuses location that was for a mystery what was that all about?

4) What was the deal with Mutekatsuryuu Dojo?
    Last edited by Vritra; January 1st, 2018 at 05:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    What was the big secret, the purpose behind OLYMPUS? What were the crystals in the end?
    [22:42] <Leo> look it's not our fault we can function properly with a cock in our mouthes

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    It's a big question to ask and the answer would be even bigger, but you also had Servants in mind with the rivals right? Can you tell us what you had in mind for those too?

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh, would it be possible to know what our hypothetical rankings at the time of the RP's end would've been, then?

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Questions or what not aside, nice to see you verg.

...guess I’ll go ahead and do MY final reveal a little while later then as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    And Vara! And Jager! Tell me about my crew!

Oh right rivals can you tell me about Ichirou's rival? That house girl looked cool.

What was Anna's first Revelation about in MW?