Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: 昇華潜熱 (Latent Heat of Sublimation) || [FGO] [Lemon] [Hysterical Screed]

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamez4life View Post
    Yes like how it has depleted my wallet.
    That makes you exactly the target audience.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    And it's been said wise men follow their own advice.

Edit: Come to think about it, now I've written that I kinda feel it might've been uncalled for, but seriously, what is the point of this, someone please explain? I'd be perfectly willing to just be all 'don't like don't post' if only I didn't dread this kind of fic posting might become some sort of ongoing thing where people posts fics that are... this way... to... I assume cause some sort of shock... and then it degenerates into some sort of bitter, passive agressive back and forth between parties that seems to follow some kind of private joke system between old regulars. Not like I'm any sort of authority to listen to, but I still feel like that would do some real damage to a creative board I really like and respect otherwise, and sorry if I've offended anyone with this.
    If you're reading it, it's for you.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」 Tang Dynasty

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jesus Christ, I thought I could be a pretentious asshole but this guy is on another level altogether. 70% of Dullahan's posts could probably be replaced with "Are you stupid?" and the conversation would still make sense.

Blog Entries
    This thread being what it is, a certain level of disagreement and heat is expected and tolerated. Don't get out of control with it.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Jesus Christ, I thought I could be a pretentious asshole but this guy is on another level altogether. 70% of Dullahan's posts could probably be replaced with "Are you stupid?" and the conversation would still make sense.
    It's only pertension if you're pretending; that's a bad projection on your part, since I can assure you in this case that it isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Yeah, Dullahan's FGO posts seem silly, but can you spare this much effort on something you hate? And that's not even that little insignificant dislike that you call hatred. It is a freaking torrent of rage constantly fed by seeing F/GO prosper and taking time off any Nasu's projects for years. An abhorrent turn of events that led a mobage of all things become the main platform for Type-Moon's lore. Unthinkable reality. The weirdest timeline. And Dullahan is the one hero that attempts to undermine the F/GO's very existence with sanity crashing text walls.

I'm still not reading the thing in the OP, tho.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    It's only pertension if you're pretending; that's a bad projection on your part, since I can assure you in this case that it isn't.
    I'm not saying s/he's not genuinely intelligent. I'm saying s/he's a pretentious asshole. There's a difference.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    Yeah, Dullahan's FGO posts seem silly, but can you spare this much effort on something you hate?
    If you don't think the answer to this is yes, you haven't hated anything deeply enough.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Nasu's projects
    thinking
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

Blog Entries
    I'm not saying s/he's not genuinely intelligent. I'm saying s/he's a pretentious asshole. There's a difference.
    This is just a literacy problem. Break down the word - pertentious, i.e., to pretend to something. What is being pretended to?
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Speaking of literacy problems ...
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Blog Entries
    This is just a literacy problem. Break down the word - pertentious, i.e., to pretend to something. What is being pretended to?
    Dictionary definition alone doesn't define meaning. Pretentious as it's commonly used in everyday vernacular isn't about intelligence (or lack thereof), but thinking your intelligence gives you the right to look down on others.

But if it makes you feel any better, pretend I just said "arrogant" instead. I don't care to argue semantics.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    If you don't think the answer to this is yes, you haven't hated anything deeply enough.
    I'm not about to write a 100-page essay about Mahouka being a terrible piece of shit.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Speaking of literacy problems ...
    Deliberately, if necessary, it must show some defect, in proof that Allah alone is prefect.

- - - Updated - - -

Dictionary definition alone doesn't define meaning. Pretentious as it's commonly used in everyday vernacular isn't about intelligence (or lack thereof), but thinking your intelligence gives you the right to look down on others.

But if it makes you feel any better, pretend I just said "arrogant" instead. I don't care to argue semantics.
    What is it exactly, then, that you wish to argue, besides tone policing?

Blog Entries
    I don't admit to a comparison between weaving rugs and (since I'm pretty sure this has been a consistent thing) buggering up your spellchecker, even as a tribute to divinity.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Blog Entries
    What is it exactly, then, that you wish to argue, besides tone policing?
    That spending so much of one's time hating a video game and the people who enjoy it is bizarre and unhealthy. Dullahan is obviously free to like or dislike GO as they so desire, but phrasing their opinions as if anyone who thinks differently is an intellectually inferior troglodyte is just ridiculous. And LOL, "tone policing". You're talking as if Dullahan was showing outrage at racism or sexual harassment, not a freaking mobage.

Blog Entries
    That spending so much of one's time hating a video game and the people who enjoy it is bizarre and unhealthy. Dullahan is obviously free to like or dislike GO as they so desire, but phrasing their opinions as if anyone who thinks differently is an intellectually inferior troglodyte is just ridiculous. And LOL, "tone policing". You're talking as if Dullahan was showing outrage at racism or sexual harassment, not a freaking mobage.
    So. Why are you here again?

Blog Entries
    So. Why are you here again?
    Because my blood runs a few degrees hotter every time I look at one of Dullahan's insufferably condescending posts and I figured I'd better let off some steam before I literally explode.

- - - Updated - - -

You're right that I'd be better off just ignoring Dullahan's posts though (at least when they're like this). There's nothing to be gained from ranting about things you hate.

Blog Entries
    Because my blood runs a few degrees hotter every time I look at one of Dullahan's insufferably condescending posts and I figured I'd better let off some steam before I literally explode.
    Settings->Edit Ignore List.

You're welcome.

JP Friend Code
    Looks like things are heating up in this thread