Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 49121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: [FF] After the Fall (Type-Moon)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle B.B. Rain's Avatar
    So, this was the Trinity-verse (where Harry died as a baby & Dumbledore disembodied Voldemort) except the Trinity never showed up?

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yup. And sorry I didn't reply sooner - this one got buried pretty quick.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle B.B. Rain's Avatar
    No problem.

Blog Entries

Trinity: ReWorked (Year 2)

Platform 9 3/4, King's Cross Station

"Sorry I'm late, Hermione," Neville apologised. "I've had this house-elf, if you can believe it, insisting that I not go to Hogwarts this year - been ducking it all week!"

The stocky young wizard was round- and red-faced, wheezing from the exertion of having to run to make it to the platform in time to board. He had made it - he was simply later than they'd planned to meet - but it had obviously been an effort for him.

"And what, praytell, is a 'house-elf?'" the bushy-haired witch returned.

Neville stared at her, then blinked. "Right - Muggle-born. I keep forgetting."

She smiled. "It's sweet that you do." She scowled. "I wish a few other people would . . ."

Neville smirked. "Well, you've got Kurai to protect you, right?"

The cat with the dark blue-grey fur simply purred from where his perch, draped across Hermione's shoulders like a wrap, giving no indication that he'd understood the comment at all - though Hermione, at least, knew very well that he had. Neville had often claimed that her familiar had Kneazle blood in him, as he often appeared to be quite clever . . . But while he was definitely part something, "Kneazle" was not one of the components. Kurai, as Hermione had been told last year, was part human, part dark elf, part wolf - and totally devoted to her protection. It was rather fun, in its way - like having a secret penpal, or pet. He occasionally had some excellent advice, and he was soft and cuddly, too!

And this year, there were two things they had to do - one for him, and one for her . . .

Shaking her head, Hermione murmured. "Yes, I do - so tell me more about this 'house-elf?'"

September 23rd

The girl was barefoot - and although quite composed, quite clearly at a loss as to what she should do next. Hermione could feel her fingers clench into fists, even as a hot satisfaction curled through her, that Kurai had told her about this - she'd never have forgiven herself, if she'd found out later that this was happening.

". . . Luna?" Hermione said softly. "Luna Lovegood?"

The eleven-year-old's face showed panic briefly, before composing itself. If Hermione hadn't been in similar circumstances herself, she'd never have seen it.

"You're Hermione Granger," Luna said at last.

"Yes, I am," Hermione said. "And you look like you could use some help." She glanced down. "Maybe a Warming Charm for your feet, at least? That stone floor has to be cold."

Hesitating, Luna said quietly, ". . . Please?"

October 31

"Speak to me, Slytherin - greatest of the Hogwarts Four!" Voldemort's shade hissed through Ginny Weasley. On cue, the statue opened to reveal - nothing.

"I carved out its brain last year," Kurai said casually from behind the girl, before driving Vanir into the diary with all his strength. While it might not contain basilisk venom, the scimitar was an epic-level magical weapon, capable of dealing damage far above and beyond what even most enchanted swords could - and it cut through objects as easily and efficiently as any lightsaber, thanks to the otherdimensional aura granted it by the effect of the black blade of disaster spell.

And he had collected the basilisk venom last year, just in case it didn't work - but the Horcrux didn't seem to like the touch of Vanir any more than one of them had the Sword of Gryffindor, exploding on cue. Subsequently, Ginny Weasley collapsed in a dead faint.

"Well, that was anticlimatic," the half-drow muttered. Now, the biggest problems he'd have for the rest of the year was figuring out how to ditch Gilderoy Lockhart - Hermione's crush was disturbing enough, but she wasn't learning anything. Not that she was listening to him, lately - between the crush and the way Luna kept paying attention to him, she was showing signs of the jealous streak she'd developed in sixth year. Personally, he was a little concerned as to how intently Luna kept staring at him - was it possible that she knew he wasn't really a cat?

Naaah . . .

In retrospect, he would regret having this thought too far underground to register the sound of ominous thunder.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lolll
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Blog Entries
    Yeah - this is one of those ones I could probably only do for laughs, because Kurai would just tear through most of the problems in the Potterverse. Mostly literally. His version of disarming an opponent usually involves chopping it off . . . With the head as the followup stroke.

But every now and then, it's fun to consider just what he might do.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    The loli war is starting prepare the anti-explosive bunkers and nests of anti-loli weaponry just in case!

Also Lockhart can be removed by simply tieing him up and mailing him to South Africa. I am sure all the deadly and poisonious(sp?) beasts, insects, plants, etc would love to kill him.
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by burningclaw2 View Post
    The loli war is starting prepare the anti-explosive bunkers and nests of anti-loli weaponry just in case!
    I wouldn't go that far - although if Ginny joins the queue . . . *shrug* Depends on what she remembers, I suppose.

Also Lockhart can be removed by simply tieing him up and mailing him to South Africa. I am sure all the deadly and poisonious(sp?) beasts, insects, plants, etc would love to kill him.
    Nominally Neutral Good - he has to play nice.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Okay mail the idiot to Antartica he just needs to survive the cold weather so he might have a chance. Plus the guy used memory spells and such on people to boost his own fame without doing any actual work. If that doesn't deserve being mailed to ones death then I don't know what is.
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

Blog Entries
    On the other hand, Kurai knows where Snape keeps the Veritaserum - tie Lockhart up in the Great Hall, shove it down his throat, (or just slip it into his tea) and start "interviewing" him about his books . . . Prettyboys like him do well in prison, right?

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Azkaban does not have any retarded!bishounen wannabe rape due to Dementors. Though the thought is hilarious, I would still vote sending the idiot to South Africa.

Kurai's catchphrase in the trinityverse is "naah...", right? Lady Fate seems a bit pissed about him provoking her, and tearing apart everything she sends.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by burningclaw2 View Post
    Azkaban does not have any retarded!bishounen wannabe rape due to Dementors. Though the thought is hilarious, I would still vote sending the idiot to South Africa.
    . . . You make a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    Kurai's catchphrase in the trinityverse is "naah...", right?
    Seems to be.

Lady Fate seems a bit pissed about him provoking her, and tearing apart everything she sends.
    Yup - so you just know that there's something coming down the line that's going to make his life a living hell.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Voldemort and Zouken in pink tutu's dancing the cancan?

Blog Entries
    GAAAAH! I did not need that image!

. . . No, but if he's up against another intelligent Voldemort, it could be an interesting fight.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Is Banish Evil a Druid spell or should we get Kurai to double as a Priest(ess for cosplay and lol purposes) for said spell?

P.S. Suffer! Suffer!!! mwahahahahahhahahahahahaha!!! :devil:

Blog Entries
    Nope, nothing specifically against evil - though I think he has access to the low-level "Protection from" spells . . . It's been so long since I've needed them, I forget.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries

Going on a holiday . . .?

Hogwarts Castle, The Fringe

Silence drifted through the Great Hall like a fog, empty and unnerving. Even the normal enchantments on the ceiling were showing a solid, grey sky - cloud cover obscuring any sense of stars, or the Moon - not even rain was visible. Kieran was alone in the castle, now. Yuna had long since departed, to view the timeline she was interested in from the comfort of her own plane. Elf and Forest had vanished, intent on pursuing one of their many adventures. No others had visited in some time, leaving only him, musing as writers were wont to do.

Time had restored his strength to something more than a shadow of what it had been. He was now a demigod of the fourth rank - still far below his status in the original incarnation of the Beast's Lair, but sufficient to render him a power worth reckoning with. And yet, he found himself unhappy with the current state of affairs, but unable to articulate why.

It's been too long, he decided at last. He was a god of Type-Moon fanfiction, for good or ill, and he'd lurked too long in universes where those elements were diluted, fused, or altogether erased. He needed to re-immerse himself in the source of what he was . . . But how?

Broken as it was, the Moon Mirror, too, was a Type-Moon artefact, so scanning the various realities that comprised his roots was easy. But where to begin . . .?

There. Three scenes from a single universe, sourced in romance, and centred around holidays. It had been an aeon since he'd last visited them, but they were still his. Perhaps there was another tale to be woven within it? It was worth a try, at least.

But who should he watch, and around which holiday? Even for someone who actually could be in multiple places at once, it was a daunting question . . .

(In case you're wondering, I'll take suggestions.)

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Do you mean more mainstream holidays such as Christmas, or more localized ones like the Bon Festival?

I'll go ahead and say Golden Week for now though.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Blog Entries
    Well, so far the Tsukihime cast has done mainstream, and the Fate cast more Japanese ones - though the sample is admittedly small. I could switch it if I wanted to, I suppose.

. . . At the moment, however, all Golden Week brings to mind is Gilgamesh, and that's a definite NO.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette