Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: [FF] After the Fall (Type-Moon)

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...I wasn't thinking of Gilgamesh until you said that, damnit.

Well, Kagetsu Tohya gave Tsuki the school festival/founder's day thing, so pass on that for them...

How about a Halloween party for Tsukihime? I think that could afford some laughs. (Ex. Arcueid comes as a DAA or a nun or something)
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle B.B. Rain's Avatar
    Well, if it wasn't for the romance aspect, I'd suggest a two-part, set post Fate, while Ilya's still alive and living at the Emiya residence. Between her and Shirou, a first part on Mother's Day and a second on Father's Day could be pretty good, though I don't see how, in a canon Fate route, you could have romance, unless you stuck to implied about Kiritsugu and Irisviel or a spiritual POV/appearence on their part.

After that suggestion, keeping in mind that all I 'know,' about Japanese holidays comes from wikipedia, TVTropes, and half-remembered fanfic....Parinirvana Day? Not traditionally romantic, according to the TVTropes description, but here's what I was thinking when I read the description: It's a day where you reflect on both your death and the recently deceased. Post UBW, I would seriously expect Shirou to reflect on both Archer and his own path, and Rin to reflect on Archer as well. You could either play it straight, with Rin and Shirou coming together after their reflections; or given how you've had an unusual post-death appearence by Saber at least once in a romance story, you could have Archer either show up independantly, or temporarily manifest in Shirou, and then have an encounter with Rin, a sort of resolution/last date thing.
    Last edited by B.B. Rain; May 11th, 2012 at 10:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
    "Earn Shirou's love, Berserker!" Ilya said.

"RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAARGH!" Berserker said, interpreting this order the way he interpreted most orders: kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
    "Berserker!" Ilya screamed. "Come find love!"

Berserker exploded into the room with a roar that shook the foundations of the very castle.

"GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Rin said.

Sweeping down on her faster than the eye could see, Berserker plucked Rin up in his arms and ran off, ignoring her shrieks of protest.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    ...I wasn't thinking of Gilgamesh until you said that, damnit.
    Sorry, it's an automatic association with that colour, for me.

Well, Kagetsu Tohya gave Tsuki the school festival/founder's day thing, so pass on that for them...

How about a Halloween party for Tsukihime? I think that could afford some laughs. (Ex. Arcueid comes as a DAA or a nun or something)
    That has potential . . .

Quote Originally Posted by B.B. Rain View Post
    Well, if it wasn't for the romance aspect, I'd suggest a two-part, set post Fate, while Ilya's still alive and living at the Emiya residence. Between her and Shirou, a first part on Mother's Day and a second on Father's Day could be pretty good, though I don't see how, in a canon Fate route, you could have romance, unless you stuck to implied about Kiritsugu and Irisviel or a spiritual POV/appearence on their part.
    Kiritsugu and Iris, maybe. I'd have to do some research . . .

After that suggestion, keeping in mind that all I 'know,' about Japanese holidays comes from wikipedia, TVTropes, and half-remembered fanfic....Parinirvana Day? Not traditionally romantic, according to the TVTropes description, but here's what I was thinking when I read the description: It's a day where you reflect on both your death and the recently deceased. Post UBW, I would seriously expect Shirou to reflect on both Archer and his own path, and Rin to reflect on Archer as well. You could either play it straight, with Rin and Shirou coming together after their reflections; or given how you've had an unusual post-death appearence by Saber at least once in a romance story, you could have Archer either show up independantly, or temporarily manifest in Shirou, and then have an encounter with Rin, a sort of resolution/last date thing.
    I'll have to study the holiday - sounds like it has potential, too.

I suppose it all depends on whether I write Tsukihime or Fate, for this.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries

Darksiders of the Moon

Prologue

Approximately 15 million, 35 000 years later

"Treason?!"

The word erupted from three astonished throats, followed by a singular one's statement. "Don't be absurd."

"It's possible," countered an echoing voice, emerging as it did from behind a metal mask that hid all but eyes like golden flames. "The balance between Heaven and Hell is exceedingly close. If it meant ensuring that the world wouldn't fall to the dark . . . Do you really think, in all these centuries, that the possibility hasn't crossed his mind?"

"Not once," the pale, emaciated man replied. "Not again . . . And I'm going to prove it."

"How?"

"I'm not sure yet," he admitted, "but I'll start with undoing the damage - and reviving the human race."

He stormed out, with Fury close behind, calling after him. "Shiki, wait!" For a moment, the last of the three stared after the pair, before shaking his head slightly.

". . . Idiot. Even if you do manage to revive the humans, where are you going to put them? Earth's a smoking cinder!"

The Horseman known as Strife sighed. One would think that as the youngest of the Horsemen (so far as they could determine, anyway), he would be the reckless and impulsive one - and to be fair, he had his share of those moments - but more often than not, he was the one who came up with the strategies and plans that kept them alive when simply bulling through obstacles didn't work. Although, again, to be fair, there weren't too many of those times. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, singly or together, represented one of the most powerful forces in existence -

. . . And suddenly, the Rider of Strife wondered if that was the reason for all this. Divide and conquer, after all, was one of the oldest strategies going. With War on Earth, Death heading for the Nether Realms, and Fury not far behind him, as she usually was, the Horsemen were more vulnerable now than at almost any point in time - and with them, the Charred Council.

Grimacing behind his mask, Strife considered what he could do about the possibility, and reluctantly came up with "nothing." The Council wouldn't permit him to interfere in War's mission, or even set foot on Earth, so long as the Seals remained unbroken. Death's own crusade might be tolerated, but for his brethren's sake, it would be better not to bring it to the Council's attention until it was completed. Which meant that he couldn't warn the Council to beware an attack, and brought him back to the original problem: finding a way to restore not merely humanity, but Earth.

The supernatural gunslinger headed for his mount, the white horse Misery. He had knowledge to acquire, from any number of possible sources, which would require him to journey into the furthest and most dangerous regions of the cosmos - and all the while, with the awareness that there was a target on his back . . .

Strife smirked under his mask. Finally - something fun to do.
    Last edited by Kieran; May 19th, 2012 at 06:54 AM.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Let it be said that I only vaguely knew what was going on. Even with the link.
    Miscellany~
    Anyone who mentions THAT Majora's Mask meme gets to meet the Ladder. <- Is serious
    Reality Marble: Ascended Memorized Phantasm - Perfect Manikin Army
    I have been uncursed! My groin still hurts.
    I have a folder full of stolen avatars and sig pics. Short of mind-probing, no one's going to find it.
    I look away for a sec, and I'm suddenly attending a college called MGS.

A living portrait, a forgotten portrait... and Yoshi.

Blog Entries
    It does require you to be fairly familiar with the cosmology of Darksiders - sorry about that.

I was just seeing what I could make out of RanmaBushiko's epilogue. I still suspect there's a story there, but . . . Hm. Still some refining to do, I guess.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries

Continuing from above . . .

Misery, like all the Demonic Horses the Riders used, was both swift and enduring. The White Horse could gallop for leagues, or hours, before succumbing to fatigue. This was an excellent trait to have, because Strife's current destination was hidden far beyond the reach - or knowledge - of most powers. Indeed, its existence was widely believed to be a myth, considering how long ago it had fallen . . . And for immortal beings, that was a very long time, indeed. But Strife was nothing if not persistent, and in his role as the tactician of the Horsemen, he made it a point to keep himself well-informed. As such, he knew the truth behind the myth, as perhaps only one other in all existence did - and that, because the latter being was the one who had hidden it in the first place.

The structure was a crumbling ruin of stone and dust, surrounded by an empty plain of sand. Compared to its original state, a thing of abundant and various greenery, populated by any number of species of animals, this blighted remnant was enough to break the heart of any being with even a hint of compassion - a quality that Strife had never been noted for. Perhaps it had been different, in the past, but he could not remember . . . The Horseman shook his head. Unlike his brethren, he had no memories of his past existence, in the time before the Council had charged him with his new name and nature. There was a sense of familiarity to his fellow Horsemen, implying that he had known them in that ancient time, but it had never been anything he could clarify - nor they, for him.

It was one reason he'd sought this place, for the prize it contained, and what it might be able to tell him of his past. And now, he was about to employ it for a different reason entirely, with the knowledge that he would likely only ever have one chance at this. But it was necessary, if Death was to succeed, and clear their brother's name . . . Suppressing a sigh behind the bone-white mask he wore, Strife dismounted from his steed, and walked into the ruins of Eden, towards his goal: the Tree of Knowledge.

The visions assail him:

Lightning flares through his chest, leaving a deepening chill in his wake. The wound is fatal, but he is not quite dead. He has time enough to try to raise his gun, to shoot before he disintegrates fully.

He lets it fall from his nerveless hand instead. Staring at Saber’s injured shoulder, knowing that he’d prevented her from achieving a flawless victory, he was content to fall . . . If he could only learn . . .

How . . .?” He forces the question out, extinguishing nearly all the air left in his damaged lungs. “You - know . . .

Her eyes are darkly serious, and he forces himself to concentrate on them, to hold on until he can hear her answer,

“I know that you are not an Epic Spirit,” Saber agrees. “However, I believe that for what you have tried to accomplish, what you have chosen to do, and why - you
    are a hero.”

And as he knew it would, her will overrode his own, but to banish his doubts instead of confirming them, allowing his Noble Phantasm to give him a fighting chance. It’s the finest compliment he’s ever received, and even if he was capable of answering it, he could not. But it does not matter, for life is nearly gone, and the world is darkening. The last thing he hears is Saber’s voice.

“Rest now, warrior. I will finish the task you have begun.”

The rest is silence . . .

"Why should the humans be given Eden?" she asks, and Absalom has no answer. In fact, it is possible that he is incapable of answering the question, even if an answer occurs to him. The beauty of the vision before him is such that even thought, let alone speech, is beyond him. As was intended - for she, above all, knows how to use her beauty as a weapon.

"The Nephilim deserve such a paradise more than they do," she whispers, her voice pitched to persuade, to
    seduce. "You are far greater than the humans will ever be. Prove it - to yourself, and to me. Gather your people, that they might rise - and take Eden for their own!"

Absalom nods, sealing the fate of their kind to extinction - save for four. But such is the power of Lilith that the Nephilim had no chance against her, for she can seduce even angels to do her bidding . . .

The world is gone. Forty days and forty nights of rains have drowned all that lived, and destroyed many elements, save for a precious few, those that were preserved within -

"The Ark," Strife whispered, as the Tree released him. Of course - the Ark would hold the beginnings of a new world, a restored world, if it could but be found. Now, at least, he had a way to achieve what he sought, if he could only locate it . . . And potentially, an enemy - why else would it show him Lilith, if her hand was not somewhere in these events?

. . . But what of the first vision? What was it? And why did it seem - familiar . . .?

The Horseman shook his head. At the moment, it was irrelevant. Certainly it was now, in the face of what needed to be done. He had a planet to save . . .

Strife wondered, briefly, at the odd sense of deja vu.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, what's happened to Shirou and Sakura in this one?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    >Darksiders

>Human race all dead

>Shirou and Sakura are human beings

>wut now

I don't think you'll like it. :P

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Why don't you try going back and reading the idea it's based on before making yourself look like a prat? I know it's a novel thought, but you don't have to blindly attack me without thought every chance you get....
    Last edited by Mike1984; May 21st, 2012 at 06:45 PM.

I'm not attacking you. I'm trying to answer your question with a little humour.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevelyan View Post
    I'm not attacking you. I'm trying to answer your question with a little humour.
    Yeah I'd be more inclined to believe that if I hadn't noticed you repeatedly badmouthing me in various threads....

Also, it's clear from what you said that you have not read the story Kieran is basing this on. If you had, you'd realise that Shirou is very much alive, as is Sakura (sort-of, anyway...). Specifically, he's War, and Sakura is his horse (although she should have a human form by now...).

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Yeah I'd be more inclined to believe that if I hadn't noticed you repeatedly badmouthing me in various threads....
    That's a blatant falsehood. I've mentioned you once, tonight, to say that you're not adding anything new to a specific debate, so everyone should probably find something else to talk about.

Also, it's clear from what you said that you have not read the story Kieran is basing this on. If you had, you'd realise that Shirou is very much alive, as is Sakura (sort-of, anyway...). Specifically, he's War, and Sakura is his horse (although she should have a human form by now...).
    Yeah, and Darksiders. Which is why I said "LOL, they dead?" Then added :P at the end to show I wasn't serious. Which is what humour generally indicates?
    Last edited by Trevelyan; May 21st, 2012 at 07:10 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevelyan View Post
    That's a blatant falsehood. I've mentioned you once, tonight, to say that you're not adding anything new to a specific debate, so everyone should probably find something else to talk about.
    Well, I've been catching up on a bunch of threads tonight, so I picked up on quite a few from the past week or so, too....

Yeah, and Darksiders. Which is why I said "LOL, they dead?" Then added :P at the end to show I wasn't serious.
    Well, it didn't seem that way....

Then I apologise if you feel singled out. I'm really not out to get you tonight. Maybe your luck will change tomorrow. :P

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, I guess it's possible that you're just an asshole to everyone....

If this is you trying to be civil, you could do with some practice.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It's not. It's me trying to make my opinion of your constant attempts at insulting me and putting me down clear without getting myself banned in the process....

Well, I think you're probably safe from getting banned in this particular exchange. Unfortunately, you almost had the moral high ground, before you resorted to name-calling.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, if you would stop acting like a dick towards me at every opportunity, then perhaps I wouldn't feel like insulting you....