Page 68 of 79 FirstFirst ... 18586366676869707378 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1565

Thread: [Quest] Lost Singularity - Fimbulwinter

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Woot. 3. The question marks beckon.

US Friend Code
    I'll also vote 2, I'm very curious to see more on what Maria really thinks.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    More juicy lore always goes down a treat. As for choices i'm unsure at the moment but I think 1 or 3.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ​2
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

2. I'm curious about Maria's character but I'm voting as a Santa stan first.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Yeah, I ship Liria and Lily Javier and Liria, but this feels like it makes the most sense for the story.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Actually switching my vote to 2 because as much as I want to check with the others... with the way Maria is acting, this is likely our last chance to speak with her.

Blog Entries

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Parish of Saint Aloysius de Gonzaga (Rooftop)
    Day 04
    Afternoon Phase -03
    Sheer cold (-29°C/-20°F)

(BGM)

It is a tense silence, albeit most of the tension comes from the Herald of Fimbulwinter, held back from the obvious imperative to protect her current master. The master in question looks almost annoyed by the whole situation, despite being held by the collar of her uniform by a woman even stronger than her most feared predecessor.

“Why are you talking like some tragic heroine?” she jeers. “Are you trying to build drama or something? Get fucking real.”

Senta pushes one the grabbing hands aside, and Maria is not quite there enough to prevent it.

“Who died and decided you have to save the world? I don’t know shit about your personal beef with the Nazis, but, I mean, are you even twenty? You are barely an adult.”

Just as easily, Senta pushes away the other hand.

“I look at you and I don’t see a super hero, nor a messiah, nor a fucking martyr. Sorry, but you are just a girl.”

Suddenly, it is as if Senta is the one looking down on the other girl. As if the one-year-old girl were the elder in this exchange.”

“So spare me the bullshit about being ready to die or whatever. You wouldn’t have that look on your face if you were ready to die.”

Her hands rest on Maria’s shoulders and a little bit of pressure is enough to push the blonde girl down until her bum rests on the roof tiles.

“And don’t fucking ask me what to say. Why the hell should I tell you what to do or say? Give me a fucking break.”

Senta is not a comforting or encouraging presence. The last person anybody would expect to give a pep talk, and indeed she does nothing of the sort. Maria grits her teeth, seemingly torn between exploding in rage or misery. The Herald behind Senta remains a bundle of tension, ready to burst into motion the moment she sees, hears or smells anything remotely threatening.

The wind stills, as if the world itself awaited Maria’s words. However, it is not easy to express oneself, especially not so when there is a presence inside you that cares not for human feelings. Ṣāltum simmers inside, embodiment of strife that she is, pushing her vessel towards the next battlefield. The thing true to Saver would be to reject Senta’s words, if only for the sake of perpetuating their conflict.

However, that is just too heartbreaking. What Ṣāltum understands yet does not understand is that human hearts, just like their bodies, have a breaking point.

(BGM STOP)

“I just…”

There is nothing more to it. This is not such a grand story.

“I don’t want to die…”

The pathetically ordinary wish of a brilliantly ordinary young girl.

(BGM)

…and that is the scene I find on the rooftop.

I cannot interrupt such a thing, so the moment I reached the top of the bell tower I ducked like some sort of furtive stalker. They are close enough for their voices to reach up here. Not that there is much to hear right now but a girl burying her face on the bosom of the most unexpected person to cry on.

I can easily imagine Senta rolling her eyes before she next speaks.

“And now why are you crying?” she sounds as exasperated as her words imply. “Anything that lives wants to stay alive; that’s fucking obvious. Even the most thoughtless animal out there will do its darnedest to live as long as it can. No big deal.”

Maria only sobs louder.

“Really, I’m not saying anything weird or transcendental here: being alive is better than being dead. Couldn’t be more fucking obvious. That’s why I don’t get you, girl. Why the fuck are you acting like you’re doing something wrong here? Like you’re guilty of the sin of not wanting to die?”

“But, how am I supposed to fight if I don’t accept—uwah-wah-wah!”

Maria’s sudden outcries urge me to pull myself back up to take a look at what’s happening on that rooftop. Senta has pulled Maria away by her shoulders and is now shaking her as if trying to draw lots or something.

“At least try to make sense, for fuck’s sake! Are you trying to be a blonde stereotype?”

Wow, she is merciless. I mean, Maria has Servant strength, right, but that just looks harsh.

How the fuck do you intend to fight without the wish to survive!? You think making a last stand means you’re ready to die? Are you a fucking Viking!? Get real! There’s no fucking Valhalla waiting for you afterwards!”

“There used to be, though...”

“You be quiet, puppy,” snarls Senta without even bothering to look at the Hound of Hel behind her.

“I’m not a puppy…”

“Whatever!” Senta cries to the heavens before focusing her heated gaze on Maria once more. “You! Blondie! Do you not fucking realize how fucking unfair—no, how fucking stupid you are!? You of all people, after making it this far! Why the hell are you now acting…like, like…god, what’s the word!?”

The word you are looking for is “resignation”, Senta.

“Resignation,” says the hound of the realm of the dead, who probably has seen a lot of that.

“Yeah! That! Good puppy.”

“I’m not a—aah, whatever,” mutters the pouty Servant to the side.

“Resignation! Are you really giving up by this point, just because you think you already know how it’s gonna end? You’re like a loser who gets bored as soon as he outlines his plot and never sits down to actually write the damn book! Don’t you dare come at me with that bullshit about ‘accepting your fate’ or whatever! If I wanted to puke I’d shove a finger down my throat! Gods, I want to punch you! Actually, I’m gonna punch you!”

“Wha—bugh!”

Let it be said that, when Senta said she is going to do something, she means it.

“You fucking punched me!” cries Maria in an unusually high-pitched tone.

“What, wasn’t I clear enough? I wasn’t speaking fucking Enochian.”

“You fucking punched me!”

Senta definitely is rolling her eyes right about now.

“Oh, come on, like you even felt that, Servant face!”

“Fuck you!”

“Sorry, but I want cock in my plate of fuck.”

I almost choke on my breath. Goddammit, Senta!

“Ortrud would probably be all for it, if only to try something different.”

“Shut the fuck up!”

I almost rush down there when Maria pretty much tackles Senta down on the tiles—I wonder if the guys at the parish house heard that. What stops me is what also stops the goddamn Helhound: Senta’s hand, as firm as the eyes glaring up at the girl pinning her down.

“The fuck do you know!? The fuck does a Nazi puppet know! You’re not even human!”

“…that’s right. Not human. A fucking homunculus of all things is lecturing you here. I would be embarrassed if I were you.”

“Shut up!”

“No.”

Rarely does a single word carry so much weight in it. It is not just me; I swear I heard the Herald holding her breath right there.

“You asked what I know, so I’m telling you,” Senta counters. “What I know is that humans are nothing special. Dogs, homunculi, humans—we all just want to stay alive for as long as we can.”

Again, Senta closes her hands around the wrists pinning her down, ready to mete her strength against a Servant if she must.

“I know that giving up is the same as admitting your defeat. I know that it isn’t over until it’s over, and I don’t know about you, but I’m not gonna waste a single breath lamenting my inevitable death. I know that if I have to die, I’d rather it be under my terms. That if I have to leave the stage, I’d rather do it with all guns blazing, like a fucking badass.”

A single fist, firm yet nonviolent, pushes against the center of Maria’s chest.

“I know that wishing to live can never be wrong. Goddammit, I have to believe that. Because, if the alternative is true, if it is possible that only some are allowed to want to live, that the wish to live can be a sin…”

That fist then falls to the side, as if defeated.

“…then what the hell can I hope for myself?”

I cannot see Maria’s face from here. What is she thinking? Has she realized? Is she thinking what I’m thinking?

Human beings…we…really do take a lot of things for granted. It’s only natural then, that we falter and break when we realized things are not that simple. That the very act of waking up in the morning, alive and healthy, is in itself a miracle.

“…goddammit,” Maria utters before letting her face fall, forehead pressed against Senta’s chest.

“Don’t get too comfortable, blondie.”

“Just…shut up for a moment, will ya?” Maria retorts in a voice more pleading than anything else. “Fuck, I want to cry, but I’ve already embarrassed myself enough in front of you, Nazi girl.”

“Alright, that’s it.”

“Uwah!”

Maria was not prepared for being shoved aside by Senta as she rises to her feet. The Herald watches with a measure of worry as her Master walks to the edge of the rooftop.

“This is the last time I say it. Next time, I swear to whatever god you pray to, I’ll let my fists talk for me.”

With that, she reaches for the sole spot of color in her otherwise black attire: the red and white armband with the baleful black swastika. Ripping it off her arm, she flings it away with a roar. As if acknowledging the meaning of her action, the wind picks up and pulls it away, the light piece of cloth flying beyond our sight, disappearing in the irregular layout of Valparaíso’s streets.

“Name’s Senta,” she then declares, glaring down at the other girl. “Not ‘Nazi girl’.”

“…you’re still wearing the uniform.”

“I’m not taking off the uniform,” retorts Senta, eyes wide and nostrils flaring as if she had just heard the most preposterous thing. “The uniform is fucking awesome.”

Her voice and expression dare somebody to say otherwise.

Maria…just sighs and falls back down on the tiles.

“Aaah, I fucking hate this. I got told off by a total weirdo.”

“Says the one with some sort of crazy demon spirit thing inside her,” retorts Senta as she walks over and plops herself back down next to Maria. The smiling Herald promptly plants herself on the other side.

“You know what I hate even more?” Maria continues, right before rising her voice at least threefold. “Fucking idiots who think they can hide from me!”

…well shit.

“Get the fuck out here, Javier! I can smell the stench of your divinity, ya know!?”

“Oh,” murmurs Senta before glaring at her Servant. “You didn’t tell me he was here.”

The Herald, who must have sniffed me out from the very beginning, shrugs.

“You didn’t tell me I had to tell you.”

Senta narrows her already narrow eyes even further.

“…we are having a talk later.”

“So?” Maria threatens me with her eyes as I approach. “Got anything to say?”

“Hmm.” I can only shrug. “Wanted to check up on you, but I found you two in the middle of something and didn’t seem like I should interrupt—ow.”

The hell did she throw at me? Did she…flick her aura thing at me?

“The right answer is ‘sorry’, you thoughtless moron,” she grouchily mumbles back at me.

“Huh. Sorry.”

“Uwaaah…this person’s not sorry at all…” mutters Maria to the side. Look, I couldn’t help it, right? How was I supposed to know I was walking into that?

“Javier, you have something to say to this idiot, right?”

“I have a name, ya know?” Maria complains, only to invoke Senta’s half-hearted glare (which is already nasty enough).

“Reflect about what you just said, you fucking idiot.”

Senta does have a point; I cannot just listen to that and set it aside now that I am here. Besides…well, I do have opinions and thoughts and feelings of my own.

“Well, If you’re asking me, as you guys were talking—no, for a while already, I’ve been thinking of what to do, but everything I come up with feels like wishful thinking. I mean, I guess we won’t be able to end this without a fight.”

Maria almost chuckles.

“I don’t think Saver knows another way to do things, and I don’t think we have what it takes in smarts to talk her out of whatever the hell she is trying to do.”

That is right. It is impossible to establish a true dialog with her if she does not consider us anything remotely close to her equals.

“There is no way around it,” Maria declares. She wears a smile I just cannot stand on her.

“Whether it is tonight or tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, I’ll have to fight her. And I won’t be able to beat her if Saver and I don’t go all out. And regardless of the result of that fight, I’ll be dead when it’s over—ow!”

Maria glares up at the girl who has bonked her on the head with her knuckles.

“But…?” Senta asks with the insistence of a teacher that’s lost her patience—the glasses really help with that. Maria snorts at, I believe, the same mental image.

“…yeah, yeah. I mean, I know, right? Even if it’s set in stone, that’s no reason to stop trying.”

“Right,” Senta adds, seemingly satisfied.

“It’s like Senta said,” I then say while taking the spot to Maria’s right. “Nobody wants to die. And nobody wants you to die, Maria.”

The girl who has been fighting Servants these past few days looks almost depressingly small by my side. It is not as if she is that short, even. Maria should never hunch her shoulders like this.

“Shit, I know I sound like a complete ignorant like this, but there’s gotta be a way, here of all places. I mean, we have stuff like divine powers and the fucking Holy Grail here.”

“Uh, no, Javier; your enthusiasm’s cute and all, but a wish-granting device doesn’t really work like a genie’s lamp, you know?” Senta comments with her usual crooked smile.

“Hell if I know! But you know, right? And that Marco probably knows stuff, too. And Sakura, and Nomikata after we find him, and Fiore looks like she knows more than the rest of us together. If it takes a miracle to save you, then here’s the place to pull it off.”

It’s not that I’ve abruptly become a bright optimist. It’s that we haven’t even tried anything in the first place.

“After all, Maria, it’s not as if you came to this city expecting to die here. The girl who ate my chili con carne was not a girl with her own death in mind.”

Maria shudders.

“I’m sure you have things you want to do in the future; I mean, you’re at that age, and I’m just making myself sound old as fuck. Anyway, I guess it’s easy to forget about those things with all the shit that’s happened, but there’s still a world out there, Maria. A world we’re supposed to return to.”

“Not me, though,” Senta idly comments to the side, and the Herald laughs weakly.

“So yeah. If a miracle is what it takes, then we should aim for a miracle, Maria—?”

My voice is halted by the Maria’s weight on my side.

“Stop it already,” she all but whispers in a voice that betrays the face she is hiding in my clothes. “This corny shit doesn’t suit ya.”

“Crying doesn’t suit you either.”

(BGM STOP)

Something half-snort, half-sob bursts on my winter jacket. I pat her shoulder and I know it looks awfully lame, but I’m not really the hugging type—

“So…I guess now you guys gonna fuck.”

(BGM)

Maria goes rigid on my left flank. She looks up with slightly swollen eyes on a perfectly flat expression.

“…Javier, please explain her.”

“I really can’t. I think she’s just a moron.”

“I’m gonna sic Puppy on you two, alright?”

“I don’t think that’s a very good idea, Master…”

Regardless of the idiocy, it does get Maria to pull herself off me to address Senta’s ridiculousness instead.

“You watched way too many soap operas.”

“Well it’s not like I had much of a social live down there, you know?” Senta firmly responds to Maria’s somewhat-disgusted-sounding voice. “I thought it was a human thing, that whatever-you-call-it…suspension bridge effect.”

“Oh, for fuck’s sake, Senta…”

Maria could not roll her eyes any harder, even with a Servant’s strength.

“Girl, Javier’s cool in my book, but there’s a bit of a gap between ‘we get along’ and ‘I want’im to take me on a one-way trip to Jizzrael’.”

Goddammit, Maria.

“Meh, you guys are just boring.”

“Aren’t you the one who is a little too thirsty?” counters Maria.

“It’s the principle of the thing!”

“There is no principle, and the thing only exists in your sheltered homunculus head!”

Fortunately for my sanity, that conversation ends right there. Instead, Maria starts some standard stretches.

“Remind me not to sleep on a rooftop ever again.”

“It’s called common sense, idiot.”

“You’re really going to town on me now, aren’t ya!?”

Senta is fearless, holy shit.

“Rather than the rooftop, it’s just fucking cold out here,” I complain. “Are you girls really okay?”

“I’m fine!”

“Well of fucking course you’re right,” retorts Senta to her Servant’s enthusiasm. “You dig this kind of weather. As for me, my Mother’s a bitch, but I can be grateful she made me able to handle this chill.”

“Heh, ‘it’s fucking cold’, says Volcano Man,” Maria retorts, to my utter lack of amusement.

“Hey, it’s not like I can do that all the time. And I thought you didn’t like my powers.”

(BGM STOP)

“I don’t,” Maria confirms. “I really don’t. I think it’s utter shit that you have that flame inside you.”

(BGM)

“It’s way more trouble than it’s worth,” says Senta, and Maria nods.

“Like Nazi Girl said.”

“Oh, go fuck yourself, blondie.”

Maria ignore the other girl to regard me with a firm and rather intense look.

“I’ll go ahead and say something you probably won’t like, Javier: that flame doesn’t make you a strong mage. Hell, it doesn’t make you a mage at all. Now that you’ve seen all sorts of magic bullshit, I bet you’re all hyped about the world of mages or whatever. Well I think you should get away from that crap while you can.”

I honestly don’t know what to say to that. I…haven’t really put that much thought into it. I talked about Maria’s future just earlier, but I haven’t really pondered what I’m gonna do after this whole weirdness is over.

“My grandma always said it. ‘To be a mage is to walk with death.’ At first, I thought she was just trying to sound scary to get me to stop pestering her for lessons. Then I thought she meant the intrinsic danger in using magecraft. Like, you can get yourself killed if you mess up and stuff.”

Maria shakes her head.

“Now I know she meant the world of mages as a whole. It’s all about secrets, you see? Magecraft is in decline, no matter how you look at it, so those who still have it desperately hold to what little they still have, and they’re willing to do anything to protect it. It’s nasty place, that world. I’ve only seen a glimpse of it, and it’s hard to believe there’s anything good in there.”

She looks like she is remembering something particularly unpleasant. Senta, too, glances at the girl with what I take is her expression of deep interest.

“Hey. Idiot girl.”

“Oh, for fuck’s sake, not you too.”

“I may be going on a wild guess here, but I take it that grandma of yours has something to do with the reason you’re here. So I’m asking again: what’s your deal?”

Maria stretches her arms and her back muscles one last time, joints cracking at the exertion, before meeting Senta’s shifty eyes with a half-smile of her own, despondent and in no way expressing joy or any other positive feeling.

“…yeah, maybe you know something I don’t. Grandma’s maiden name was Maria Oršic.”

The name means nothing to me, but it obviously means something to Senta.

“Maria Oršic? From the Vril Society?”

“Yup.”

“Seriously?”

“Yup.”

“You’re fucking with me.”

“Nope.”

Senta stares at Maria long enough to convince herself. At that point, her face morphs, its usual natural nastiness melting away into a mask of nothing but worry.

“Well fuck.”

“I know.”

“No.” Senta pointedly shakes her head. “You have no fucking idea, girl.”

And that is when Maria starts to look worried. The Herald and I, detached from this exchange, can only look at each other and then back at then with vague expressions of empathy. Before Maria can ask for the details, however, Senta jumps back to her feet, taking slow steps away from us and back to the edge of the rooftop. She stops just before falling off the edge, letting a hand rest on her hip while making vague “thinking noises”.

“Haa…aaah, whatever. I’ve decided.”

She turns to look at us, her crooked grin back in full force.

“You know, I still had the option to kill you,” she admits. Maria raises an eyebrow. I might have as well. “Even if I can’t return to the Fourth Reich, I could still try to make it on my own for as long as I can in whatever world Mother wants to make. But I think I’ll cast my lot on you silly people.”

“My, what an honor.” I didn’t even know Maria could be this sarcastic.

“Oh, shut the fuck up and count your blessings; I’m pitying you here. Now, let me tell you what I’ve been thinking—no, rather let me ask you a question.”

She vaguely points towards the Herald.

“From what Puppy told me, she was summoned by the Grail, but she arrived without any instructions. She wasn’t summoned to serve the Fourth Reich, nor was she summoned to fight against it. She was just, you know, summoned.”

“Um,” acknowledges the hound with a nod.

“And you,” continues Senta, now pointing towards Maria. “Well, the Servant inside you; she is the defensive countermeasure against Mother sent by the World, right?”

“Yeah, that sounds about right.”

Senta nods and crosses her arms in front of her chest in no way lacking.

“Alright, so here comes the real question: why are we all assuming she was the only one?

I blink. Maria does not. If anything, she looks calm. She is finally smiling; I guess that’s good. Senta purses her lips, but then smiles along.

“You’re not surprised. Figures.”

Maria shrugs.

“I hate to admit it, but I took too long to accept it, when I should have gone for the most obvious evidence. Heck, Saver all but screamed it in my head: you can fool Ishtar, but there is no fucking way a modern mage can fool the Ornament of Heaven.”

“Right?”

These two keep talking like I am not even here. Am I supposed to be getting all of this? What about the Herald, does she feel ignored—nah, this easygoing dog doesn’t give a shit.

“If that stupid Maid said he’s the Holy Tyrant, then he is the fucking Holy Tyrant, no matter how absurd it may seem.”

“Yeah, I still need to know how that works. What kind of interpretation creates such a weird-ass Servant? And who was the original host? Isolde?”

“The Maid said as much,” Maria says idly. I nod, because that much I remember.

“Fuck, I’d think I’d have noticed it if Isolde had a goddamn Servant inside.”

“Not if he has Presence Concealment.”

“…well fuck.”

“Yeah.”

Senta’s face takes a turn in the direction of utter repugnance.

“…sheesh, don’t even wanna think what was going in that Servant’s mind every night the Sovereign was fucking Isolde’s ass.”

…what?

“What?”

Thank you, Maria.

END OF THE AFTERNOON PHASE

Warning!

This is a Locked Save Point.

If your quest reaches a Dead End, it may only resume from this point.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Parish of Saint Aloysius de Gonzaga
    Day 04
    Evening Phase – 01
    Sheer cold (-29°C/-20°F)

(BGM)

Caster never came back.

Nobody speaks of it, but their absence is too obvious not to stick to everybody’s minds. We all aware of it and that is probably the reason nobody brings it up.

“Another Servant?” questions Sakura after Maria and Senta complete their presentation-like thing exposing their shared conclusions.

“Yeah, we think there was more than one Servant dispatched to deal with this mess. I know for a fact that Mother—that is, The Maid—, took it into consideration.” Senta explains. “I don’t even want to try to figure out what kind of magic she used to disrupt the manifestation of them Servants, to the point that Saver here could only make it through a medium.”

“When I was alone with her, she basically admitted she knew it was the Holy Tyrant who caught her off-guard,” adds Maria next to her.

“And you’ve decided to believe what Sigrun told you?”

Maria nods at Marco Ahrens’ question.

“She had no reason to lie to me back then. Oh, she is definitely not saying everything she knows, but I’m now convinced she is not lying. If she told me of the ‘Holy Tyrant’, that means she truly believes he’s the body-snatcher.”

“By ‘Holy Tyrant’…should I take it you mean Marduk, the Babylonian supreme deity?”

Maria nods, and Fiore brings a hand to her chin.

“I guess it makes sense…the attribute of ‘Usurpation’ coming from the god’s takeover of the earlier Sumerian pantheon…”

“And the assimilation of older gods to build his considerable portfolio of Authorities, matching Babylon’s conquests,” adds Maria.

“However, whether it is remote manipulation or actual usurpation of another person’s body, both are within the scope of magecraft,” Fiore proposes. “Now that I think about it, there was something like that in Darnic’s—um, the last head of Yggdmillennia…in his notes. A Mardukian system from the early 1900s?”

“The Panbabylonian system, yeah,” clarifies Maria, anticipating both Marco and Senta who can close their mouths in muted surprise. “Yeah, I could see Usurpation magecraft designed using the branch of that system derived from Zimmern’s interpretation, but you’d have to be a heck of a mage to pull it off on a Servant, and even then I don’t think you can fool that Maid into believing you’re fucking Marduk himself.”

Maria finishes her argument to a striking silence. While I can just listen, try to memorize and perhaps make sense of it one day, the other magic people in this rather-crowded parish room are all looking at Maria with varying degrees of surprise.

“…what? What did I say?”

“No, no, do not take me the wrong way, Miss Maria,” responds Marco. “I am merely surprised and impressed by your knowledge. I did not imagine there would be another lady around your age who knows of the Panbabylonian system.”

“Yeah, you know your stuff, girl,” Liria adds with the dumb nod of one who has no idea what everybody else is talking about and is just nodding for the hell of it.

“Still an idiot, though,” murmurs Senta to her smiling Servant. Maria tries to give her the middle finger, but wisely stops herself upon catching glimpse of Ricardo Scherer’s well-practiced stern glare.

“What?” Maria shrugs. “I already told you who my grandmother was. If Ahnenerbe touched it with its filthy hands, I know of it.”

“And I guess it has nothing to do with the rumors of a mage breaking into the Vatican Archives on last New Year’s Eve, right?”

Maria has the gall to turn her head away and whistle. Oliver Drake seems to have choked on his own breath.

“What the hell!?”

Fiore and Sakura are looking at Maria like she has grown two more heads.

“What the hell!?”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about~”

“You do realize I am still here, right?” points out the man from the Roman Catholic Church.

Senta is just laughing her ass off.

“Alright, girl, you are pretty badass. Definitely an idiot, though.”

“Yeah, alright, whatever, I wanted to see what the Church had on my grandma’s work. And the more I learned about the kinds of magecraft Ahnenerbe researched, the better. Know your enemy and all that crap.” She then gesture towards Marco. “I’m more worried to know there’s some other gal out there dabbling in Panbabylonism.”

“No, you shouldn’t be,” Marco retorts, his face taking a somewhat glummer mien. “Miss Elliwyn…is a bit of a special case.”

Marco glances at me for some reason, but quickly looks down at his own feet before regarding Maria once more.

“I am confident there is no reason to worry. She has put that field of study behind her.”

“Elliwyn…where have I heard that name…?” Sakura is musing to herself on the side.

“Seigi,” murmurs Liria to my ear. “He threw that name at The Maid along with a bunch of other weird-ass names this morning. You were still sleeping, though.”

…huh.

…no, wait.

Liria arrived to that scene after I woke up; she came in flying to save me from Archer’s first barrage. How the hell does she know what happened in that room before that? I’m pretty fucking sure there were no zombies in that hotel room.

Maria ruminates on Marco’s words for a few moments before joining her hands together behind her head.

“…alright, whatever. One less butt I have to kick. But anyway, the point is that the body-snatcher can’t be a Panbabylonian mage. You cannot summon fucking Tiamat-spawn with that system.”

“Or with any system, really,” Senta adds.

“Not necessarily,” Fiore interjects, turning to Sakura. “It is theoretically possible if you have Hollow.”

“…do I look like I can summon primordial monsters from ancient Mesopotamia?” Sakura questions with a voice that can be described only as “sassy”. Somehow, sarcasm does not seem to suit her.

“No, but we have to consider the possibility that those monsters were not summoned by anybody. Perhaps the use of Imaginary Numbers magecraft created a path through which those creatures could sneak into this space.”

“The thing is, those monsters showed up way before Sakura here pulled off her disappearing trick at the Lutheran church,” Senta points out. “And I can guarantee there is not a user of Hollow in the Fourth Reich…although I can never discount Mother, whose Elemental Affinity is Bullshit.”

“Also, I don’t think it makes sense that the Singularity could partially block the World’s counterforce, yet allows inside some chumps from some imaginary space,” now adds Maria.

“That…is a very valid point, yes,” admits Fiore with a nod. This conversation is flying way over me. At least I’m not alone, if the looks on some other people’s faces—Liria, the Drakes, Father Scherer—means anything.

“Anyway, we just have to ask that wiseass Maid again. Now that we’ve figured out a bit more, she’ll be more willing to talk; that’s how she rolls,” Maria concludes. Marco makes an uneasy expression.

“So you’ve decided to go to that dinner…”

“Well, I am definitely going,” declares Senta. “I’ve got a thing or two I hafta ask her.”

(BGM)

“If Master Senta goes then I go,” adds the Herald who I thought had not been paying attention this whole time. “Besides, if it’s a dinner, there might be meat there.”

“…right,” mutters Maria before raising her voice once more. “I take it you’re not going, Mr. Ahrens.”

“…Marco’s just fine,” retorts the man, for once sounding way older than his body’s apparent age. “And no, I am not going. I do not think I could remain civil around that woman. Also, Alicia still cannot move from here, so I would rather stand guard here.”

“Marco…” calls out the bedridden woman. I think her normal voice is naturally mellow and weak like that; it is not a consequence of her current health. Marco Ahrens acknowledges her call with a curt nod.

“…right. Miss Maria, if you are going to that dinner, Alicia and I would like to have a word with you beforehand. It’s about your grandmother; how we were…acquainted.”

Maria frowns, but gives no other response but a brief nod of the head.

“As for me,” adds Oliver Drake. “There’s nothing for me in that dinner or whatever—”

“—except food,” interjects his wife.

“…except, food, yes,” continues the husband with a face that suggests he is torn between rolling his eyes and laughing at Alicia’s comment. “But I’m not leaving your side, love.”

Unsurprising words from a man still holding to his wife’s hand as if she could fade away any second now. He quickly shoots a sharp look at us—well, mostly at Senta.

“If you’re going, take some Tupperware with you.”

Senta is her usual wicked-faced self.

“You didn’t say please.”

“What about you, Maria?” inquires Sakura, and the target of the question makes a difficult face.

“Hnn…I’d lie if I said I’m not interested, but…I’m a bit worried about Saver.”

Bringing her hands back down to her sides, Maria leans back until she is resting on the wall behind her.

“You see, Saver and that Maid…they really do not get along. I’m worried she’ll run out of patience and try to start the final battle right then and there.”

Senta and I trade glances. We both know there is an additional sentence Maria has chosen not to voice.

“And I don’t think I’m ready for that yet.”

However, Sakura is perceptive if anything or at least that is what I see on her face. I think she has caught at least something beyond Maria’s spoken words.

“That’s why this time I’ll defer to my chili-con-carne daddy.”

“Oh, for fuck’s sake, you couldn’t make that sound any worse, could you?”

Hell, I think “fart siblings” is better than that. And you, Nazi girl, stop laughing!

“You know me and you love me,” Maria taunts back.

“But that’s a good point,” Liria finally joins the group conversation, if only to turn straight at me. “What do you plan to do? Even if we wanted to, some of us have to stay here.”

Indeed, if the Fourth Reich tries to make a move tonight, there is only so much Marco Ahrens and the Drakes can do to protect themselves. On the other hand, that ‘dinner’ or whatever could become a fight for all I know. We don’t even know who else will be there besides The Maid.

Maria and Liria are both looking at me, and soon enough everybody else is doing so as well.

…wait, when the hell did I become the idea guy?

Evening Phase Setup
    You have partial control of the actions of the following characters:

• Javier Lucero
    • Maria Westinghouse
    • Liria Colhuán
    • Ricardo Scherer
    • Fiore Forvedge
    • Sakura Edelfelt

1. Please decide who among the above will attend The Maid’s dinner and who will stay at the church.

2. If you chose for Javier to attend the dinner, choose ONE from the options below:
    a. Ask Maria about Panbabylonism on the way. (Requires Maria attending the dinner)
    b. Ask Liria how she ended up becoming Assassin. (Requires Liria attending the dinner)
    c. Ask Senta how she ended up with the Herald as her Servant.
    d. Ask Fiore for advice on magecraft and the Divine Flame (Requires Fiore attending the dinner).

3. If you chose for Javier to stay behind, choose ONE from the options below:
    a. Ask Maria about Panbabylonism. (Requires Maria staying at the church)
    b. Ask Liria how she ended up becoming Assassin. (Requires Liria staying at the church)
    c. Ask Fiore for advice on magecraft and the Divine Flame (Requires Fiore staying at the church).
    d. Patrol the surroundings with (Choose ONE partner from the list above; requires that character staying at the church).
    e. Look for Caster with (Choose ONE partner from the list above; requires that character staying at the church).
    f. Write-in.
    Last edited by Daneel Rush; August 23rd, 2020 at 12:02 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    1)

Attend:

Javier (He's the damn protagonist, of course he'll be going)
    Liria (Always good to have a Servant on hand)
    Sakura (And she will be helpful too)
    Fiore (Having a Big Brain person with knowledge of magecraft systems will be helpful)

Stay:

Maria (Maria is right, Saver will probably throw hands with the maid on sight)
    Ricardo (Don't see much use in his attendance to be honest, he and Maria/Saver can hold the fort no problem)

2) C

It's a throw up between Liria and Senta but the details of what happened between the two Hexadolstaten has been bugging me more.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Pay no attention to the votes behind the curtain.
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; August 26th, 2020 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Changed my votes.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    “And I guess it has nothing to do with the rumors of a mage breaking into the Vatican Archives on last New Year’s Eve, right?”

Maria has the gall to turn her head away and whistle.
    Based.

1: Javier, Liria, Sakura
    2B
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    1)

Attend:

Javier (He's the damn protagonist, of course he'll be going)
    Liria (Always good to have a Servant on hand)
    Sakura (And she will be helpful too)
    Fiore (Having a Big Brain person with knowledge of magecraft systems will be helpful)

Stay:

Maria (Maria is right, Saver will probably throw hands with the maid on sight)
    Ricardo (Don't see much use in his attendance to be honest, he and Maria/Saver can hold the fort no problem)

2) C

It's a throw up between Liria and Senta but the details of what happened between the two Hexadolstaten has been bugging me more.
    +1

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    On the other hand, if Maria stays then she can't huck a cut of beef at the Maid's face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Marduk can though

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Hermes' 1 and 2A

Evil of Humanity Half-Blood Master's Avatar
    Sparta, you can't vote for 2A if you vote for Hermes' 1
    Hermes' 1, 2D
    Let's let the emotionally charged people rest for a bit and get some advice from somebody who actually has their head upon their shoulders
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, July 20th 2019
    We gave HBM, of all people, access to a morals loosening field
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, December 25th 2019
    Senta deserves the right to a life where she gets to choose if she's actually a Nazi
    True Rider
    A wise and beautiful woman who exudes an aura of grace. She is a sly, cunning, manipulative person who always gets what she wants, whether through trickery or ruthlessness. Her own fighting abilities are low, but she should not be trifled with. What does she ride? Men, of course!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Ah well, then 2D