Thread: A Cry For Justice (JLA/FSN Xover)

The World Is My Stage dragon20990's Avatar

A Cry For Justice (JLA/FSN Xover)

I haven't done this in a while and felt that it was the right time to write this story. Hope to surprise you!

- - - Updated - - -

The world is bleak. Drowned in the curses of humanity.

The Grail sits upon the dark tower like throne.

A Black Sun, covering all in despair.

"_______ , _____________ , _________"

My Consciousness is breaking up.

A mere hundred meters become an impossible vast expanse.

Haaah_______hah_________haahhh_____

I______, I___, am_______, I am__________

I am the Bone of My Sword

A voice is ringing in the back of my head.

A Whisper almost impossible to understand.

"____D__ , ___Da________ , __D_______"

"___Da__ , __ng_______ , _____er______"

"__It_____ , ___Comes_______________ "

"_____It__ , _______Comes, ____th_____ "

"______THE ENEMY FROM BEYOND_______"

The World came back into focus for Emiya Shirou.

The Strange Vision was forgotten in favor of the dark reality in front of him.

Tokyo was burning under the assault of alien invaders.

The Hero in him was bursting to do something.

If he went beyond his limit, he might be able to save enough.

But the hand on his shoulder reminded him why he could never be a martyr.

"Shirou-kun, what do you want to do?" Rider's cooled gaze confronted him while Sakura firmly grasped his shoulder, her body shaking.

He took a breath and sharpened his gaze towards the widespread chaos.

"Rider, please coordinate with Fujimura-dono and lead any victims to Ryuudo. Keep an eye for any enemies among the civilians."

Heroic Spirit Medusa nodded and dematerialized.

Shirou turned to face Matou Sakura. The Woman Emiya Shirou has devoted himself to.

The woman he broke himself for.

"You're leaving then." Sakura's whisper carried with it an absolute certainty.

Within his Inner World, the Rusted Gears Began to Turn.

"Yes." Shirou's voice remained firm.

The Pounding of Steel against Steel Rang in his Soul.

"Just Come back safely" Their gazes met reflecting resolution and passion.

It was time to Dream Once Again.

"Always" No more words needed to be said.

Emiya Shirou had no sense of self-preservation. Before, he would have thrown away his life to save another.

But To save her he would have to keep living.

To save her, he would keep that promise.

For her, and her alone.

----------------------------------------------------

US Military Base Outside Metropolis

"It's Begun."

Batman's eyes narrowed as he watched ominous clouds rose over Metropolis.

Following Superman had led to the discovery of the captive Martian, Jonn Jonz. An alien suspiciously similar their invaders, powers included Shape Shifting, flight, Manipulation of Molecular Density, and telepathy powerful enough to breach highly advanced counter measures. Even more impressive is his collected demeanor.

And according to Superman, he was Mankind's only hope.

"What are they Doing?" asked a voice to his right.

Dealing with the alien invasion took precedent, but every single hero assembled here required further monitoring for potential threat analysis.

Hawkgirl. Metahuman, possibly Alien in Origin. Powers included Flight, enhanced strength, and a weapon of unknown properties. Is prone to rage.

"The Invaders are nocturnal. So they want to blot out the Sun so they can live in perpetual darkness." J'onn answered the winged hero.

"Friends of Yours?" joked the crimson clad hero to Batman.

Flash. Metahuman. All Powers Derived from an unknown source of Empowered Speed. Possible relation to Speedsters who held the name from previous generation. Potentially the most dangerous. And the most reckless.

"It's no joke." Batman frowned at the hero.

This did nothing to sway the speedster of his easy going persona as endeared himself to the Martian.

"What's the Problem? Can't you just whip up another canister of that Nerve Gas?" Flash grinned.

No, not reckless. But thinks in terms of the quickest solution.

"Unfortunately, no. The Gas can only be made from a rare Martian plant. I brought a sample with me, but it was destroyed when I was captured." Frowned the Martian at Flash's Hopeful Demeanor.

Flash visibly deflated. "Uhhh, What's plan B?"

"We'll Have to take out those factories," voiced the most mysterious addition to the group.

Diana of Themiscrya. Power set unknown. No Digital Footprint. Threat Assessment Unknown. Further research required.

"Lady this is no job for Amateurs." The warning came out condescending. As expected from someone with a military background.

Green Lantern AKA John Stuart. Intergalactic Law Enforcer in possession of alien technology with unknown capabilities.

"We Amazons are warriors born. Want to test me?"

Both are proud of who they represent. Both present a possible moral issue.

"Let's Not fight among ourselves." smiled the man considered to be Earth's Greatest Hero.

Superman, AKA Kal El, AKA Clark Kent. Kryptonian. Powers Derived from solar radiation. Power limits unknown.

"John we're going to need all the help we can get." reasoned Superman.

Has the uncanny ability to gain the trust of others.

John rolled his eyes. "Fine. Sorry, Your Highness."

Even my own.

"Tactically we'll have multiple objectives. So we'll need to split into teams," continued Green Lantern.

Batman gazed at those who he would be depending on.

There were too many unknowns.

They are the last line of defense. To save Gotham. To save the World.

But against uncertainty, something great could be born.

"Dibs on the Amazon."

---------------------------------------------
    Tokyo, Japan

I cannot save Everyone.

He sprinted the rooftops of Tokyo towards the districts with the heaviest casualties.

Panic filled the streets and smoke from the scorched Earth filled the air. The Streets were

Full of bodies and the stench of corpses invaded his senses.

"Trace On"

He projected a large Black Bow and readied his shot.

He released his arrows with perfect accuracy, retracing after every hit.

Every enemy invader within 4 miles had been thoroughly injured by reinforced arrows.

This was Not Enough. Not Enough By Far.

His mind briefly flashed to the Night of the Fuyuki Fire. The day Emiya Shirou was born.

The invaders began to self repair from their earlier injuries.

Even so, his eyes became steel and kept moving forward.

There is no salvation in this hell.

He passed by several of the invaders and their victims. People hurt, People scared, and People already dead.

If he kept going, these people would no doubt die. If he stopped, even more people would die.

It’s precisely because there is no salvation that this is hell, after all.

In his heart the choice was already made.

"Steel is my body"

A barrage of Swords was launched at the enemy and left them for some short moments immobile and near death.

The Black Keys, blessed blades that lacked the necessary fire power to kill them. But that was never the point.

They were also great in drawing attention.

But even so, I mustn’t turn my eyes away. I mustn't run from this truth and reality.

Any Ground forces ambushed by Shirou chased after his fleeing figure half deformed and in pain.

"Fire is My Blood"

A Crimson Spear appeared in his hand, thrumming with murderous energy.

"Gae Bolg!"

The Noble Phantasm was unleashed and the name invoked.

One Spear became One thousand Spears.

Each struck with a deadly accuracy. The invaders stood no chance.

Even if they could withstand a punch from a Kryptonian and shrug off ballistic missiles, the curse rooted in the demonic spear had turned the invading force into a pile of corpses.

I cannot save Everyone…but even so…

Shirou's eyes burned with an intense energy as he stood against the oncoming army and prepared.

"10 minutes" He exhaled.

He didn't have much time. But he didn't need much time.

I can still hold out my hand.

The World around Emiya Shirou turned white.

Everyone would speak of this day as the beginning of the New Age of Heroes. Only very few would mark this as the beginning of mankind's path towards extinction.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    A Mountain on the Outskirts of Iraq

"I Apologize for the intrusion, I hope I'm not too late." murmured the representative from the Chaldea Security Organization.

The Homo Magi did not generally care for the mundane world as a whole. The Moonlit world and the God Realms were kept isolated from mortals, but magic users operated where the barriers were weakest and the miracles of Magecraft could bare fruit. One such point was a pocket dimension where the Magical Institution known as the Clock Tower stood in London. Others existed as conceptual realms, such as the Tower of Fate, The House of Secrets, or The Isle of Amazons.

Another conceptual realm laid at the ancestral home of the League of Assassins.

"There is not much time. The seal is breaking."

Ra's Al Ghul was once known centuries ago as the last iteration of the Hashashin, the Old Man of the Mountain.

But after his discovery of the Lazarus Pits, He abandoned the home land of the ancient order to indulge in his immortality and has been shaping human conflicts for centuries.

Here he was reminded what the name Hashashin truly was.

"The awakening is happening too soon. The Director believes that the invaders have a connection to the White Titan-"

"Cease your prattling, Mage. It is not time for speculations on why. Prepare for battle, lest your body turn to ash , mind shattered as glass, and soul whither to dust." barked the most feared Assassin in the World.

He reclaimed the power vested within this mountain that tied him to his duty. His blood sung with ancient strength even as the shackles in his soul had him in agony.

For just today, he was not the Demon's Head, but the servant of ALAYA.

Winds lifted the sands into a storm. The Ground quaked in fury. And the feeling of impending doom erupted.

"The Ancient Enemy has broken the seal. We must defeat her before she regains her true form."

Within the dust clouds, a figure shrouded in magic emerged. A lithe female form slowly came into focus with long silver hair.

"I can feel it. Where is it? Where is the Sword?"

Her melodic voice both terrible and beautiful. A pure sound that promised destruction without remorse.

"Where is my most hated foe?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice. A fusion of universes is always a complicated job, but you manahed to do it well so far. It is interesting to see what happens next. Who is Shirou nemesis? Will he meet the League and so on.

The World Is My Stage dragon20990's Avatar
    Mt. Ryuudo Fuyuki, Japan

At the Foot of the Mountain lived the Monks who previously lived at Ryuudo Temple before it collapsed. Today, the area was serving as a disaster relief and medical station for any victims of the alien attack. Monks were shuffling from place to place providing food, water, first aid, and last rites if needed.

The Fires around Tokyo abruptly stopped some time ago, but most were too terrified to leave the mountain. Many huddled together waiting for any sign of comfort or safety. Others volunteered their services in providing care to those who needed it.

Matou Sakura was carefully applying gauze to a child's forehead, but for a moment paused to catch her breathe.

The smog that infected the skies was affecting her more so then most. It was disrupting the prana in the air, preventing any magic absorption or projection. Most mages would find themselves crippled by this crisis.

"He is fine Sakura." Rider's voice whispered to her. She resumed applying the treatment and the child gave her a smile before running back to his parents. Rider's reassurance gave her comfort, even stuck in astral form.

"I know, I know. I trust he will come back. It's just being here in this place…I can't help but turn to darker thoughts."

She turned her hollow eyes at the summit of the broken mountain that loomed over the rising sun.

It has been a few years since that cold winter. She no longer held the black grail within her, yet she is still sensitive to the darker feelings others.

Even If the Invasion was turned back, it would not be the end of it. She had experienced the darkness within the hearts of people. She had become a manifestation of Sin and Despair. That evil lingered within her even now.

This Invasion was a prologue to an awakening.

The shadows hidden beneath the surface would come rushing out, flooding the world with chaos.

"How much more suffering will this world take before given hope?"-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Please….Forgive me."

Saber was struggling to reach towards him, her blood pooling on the ground.

"At the very least, you must run away…"

Blood pounded in his ears as he heard her pained gasps.

"Why…Do you have to be like that?!"

Pain coursed through his body as he struggled to get up.

He had to get up. He had to win.

He needed to imagine something that would defeat that golden bastard.

"Trace On."

His hand trembled as a sword materialized in his hand.

Caliburn.

The sword sheathed in stone.

The sword that selected the King.

The sword of Saber.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shirou shook off the vision as held the traced holy sword in front of a structure of Alien Origin.

Even if the world rejected all other projections, his image of Caliburn remained steadfast.

'My magic won't hold for long. I need to destroy the source of the smog.'

Without a further thought, he accelerated towards the device, slicing through enemies with ease.

But It was not Enough.

The Aliens no longer bothered to disguise themselves and attacked full force.

The Golden blade guided his motions with unnatural swiftness.

Every attack dodged. Every Weakness exploited.

But it was not Enough.

'Their numbers aren't decreasing at all. I'll be surrounded soon."

Shirou did not want to draw further into his own power.

Despite the overwhelming odds he remained calm.

He believed in Caliburn.

He was led here for a reason.

One Person can Never Save Everyone

He was surrounded, all escape routes cut off.

His magic circuits began to glow deeply as he prepared his next assault.

That was when the earth trembled.

"ETA 10 minutes. Diana, scout the enemy forces and report back." ordered Batman

For the past day Diana, Jonn, and Batman have been destroying enemy bases through out Africa, Europe and Asia. At most locations they encountered local soldiers and heroes of some skill resisting the invaders.

However they were surprised to find Tokyo in better shape than most of the cities hit by the alien attacks.

"Batman the skies are clear. The enemies have already been grounded and gather their forces to battle. I believe another hero has caught their attention." reported Diana.

Batman understood her words minutes later, as the battlefield came into view. Even in the darkened skies, the heroes could see the white shapes of the aliens abandon their spacecraft and pour towards to defend their machine.

"The Situation has changed. Jonn, can you sense anyone else?" Batman asked the Martian currently carrying him.

"Yes…There is one other….however his mind is…unique to what I have usually encountered on Earth so far. He has made his way to the machine's defenses. He will be overwhelmed soon," Confirmed Jonn.

The heroes gave pause at the effectiveness of this unknown ally.

Batman collected himself and assessed the best course of action. "Wonder Woman. Full Frontal Assault. Ignore any enemies you encounter and provide back up. Rescue him if needed. I will be ambushing in a pincer attack. Jonn destroy go covert and destroy the device."

The Amazon gave Batman a confident smirk before rocketing through the enemy base. She became like a missile, crashing through enemies before they could react, and breaking through their forces before they could regroup or regenerate.

The sound combat pounded in her ears. The crisp music of each sword swing was familiar to Diana.

'A single warrior has made it this far? Impressive!'

Outnumbered and surrounded, the man clad in red kept fighting against the hordes of enemies to reach the enemy machine, wielding a sword of gold.

'I've been told the nature of man shows true in times of chaos. If this is so, the world of Man has truly changed for the better.'

Diana now knew her mother was wrong. This world had the capacity for hope. And she would help save it.

With her blood pounding and faith renewed she struck the ground with all her might.

The street shattered like glass, announcing her arrival.

Shirou took a moment to pause and regain his footing, startled at the arrival of the…being whose words and presence practically dripped with power. He decided that it didn't matter. Not at the moment.

No matter who she was, today she was his ally.

Shirou took advantage of her arrival and accelerated towards her to coordinate with her efforts.

Back to back they faced the hordes.

A single glance.

"Greetings. Diana of Themiscyra."

A few spoken words.

"Emiya Shirou."

One Person can Never Save Everyone.

But if You Hold Out Your Hand.

Another Might Hold Out Theirs in Kind.
    Last edited by dragon20990; April 16th, 2018 at 07:37 PM.

that was good in my opinion I look forward to more

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Oh yeah I remember this......wasn't there a sorta canon omake series that has all of Japan thinking that Medusa and Wonder woman are in a Yuri bait relationship while Tammamo also is interested in wonder woman? Its been a while so I'm not to sure.

Very interesting..... Looking forward to the next chapter...