Page 5254 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 42544754515452045244524952525253525452555256525952645304535457546254 ... LastLast
Results 105,061 to 105,080 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Blog Entries
    Well it's also worth noting that Nasu himself didn't bother to think through all of HF. Apparantly in some cases when he had a rough idea of what happened in a scene, that's all he had, a rough idea. He just tended to arrange a cutaway so it wasn't obvious.

like that time Nasu was asked what the hell happened with kuzuki and Nasu was like "lol I dunno, I figured zouken got caster to kill him or something. I mean a worm chest busting out of your master would be pretty scary right?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    That is like the one thing he does, everything else could be boiled down to either Sakura or True Assassin unless you count the time he killed Shirou in a bad end.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Well it's also worth noting that Nasu himself didn't bother to think through all of HF. Apparantly in some cases when he had a rough idea of what happened in a scene, that's all he had, a rough idea. He just tended to arrange a cutaway so it wasn't obvious.

like that time Nasu was asked what the hell happened with kuzuki and Nasu was like "lol I dunno, I figured zouken got caster to kill him or something. I mean a worm chest busting out of your master would be pretty scary right?"
    I didn't pay any mind to it with just the VN either, but like I said above the way Zouken is treated in recent works seem to back up the notion than he was considerably better than what I thought after HF.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I didn't pay any mind to it with just the VN either, but like I said above the way Zouken is treated in recent works seem to back up the notion than he was considerably better than what I thought after HF.
    Admittedly I'm not caught with some of the newer stuff like GO so that might be coloring my views on the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Achilles = You were forced to read the Iliad in high school. Oddessyus was cooler. You still cannot spell Odysseus.

Blog Entries
    Well even in the VN itself he working on his own drive one of the most dangerous servant master comboes into a corner.

im not saying he would have won, but he certainly wasn't losing when shirou showed up.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Well even in the VN itself he working on his own drive one of the most dangerous servant master comboes into a corner.

im not saying he would have won, but he certainly wasn't losing when shirou showed up.
    Wasn't that entirely Saber, True Assassin, and the Shadow? I'm pretty sure Zouken was just standing around commenting on the battle.

Which isn't really a great indicator of his own combat ability, unless I'm thinking of a different scene.
    Achilles = You were forced to read the Iliad in high school. Oddessyus was cooler. You still cannot spell Odysseus.

Lol, people really think Zouken killing Kojirou was anything but Kojirou jobbing to make Zouken seem threatening?
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    Lol, people really think Zouken killing Kojirou was anything but Kojirou jobbing to make Zouken seem threatening?
    Lol, people really think EMIYA killing Herc 6 times was anything but Herc jobbing to make EMIYA seem threatening?

- - - Updated - - -

tbh I feel like that part is more concrete than the kojiro dying part.
    since he's like "welp I can't survive against two Servants" which would imply he believes he can survive against one.

Though I think Ciel would win. However "win" is a very nebulous term in this VS.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I mean he did solo the Clock Tower. Also even Paracelsus and Babbage needed him to make their bitchin' dry ice machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Lol, people really think EMIYA killing Herc 6 times was anything but Herc jobbing to make EMIYA seem threatening?
    You could have found a better example. Don't think that counts since EMIYA died anyway.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramen View Post
    Wasn't that entirely Saber, True Assassin, and the Shadow? I'm pretty sure Zouken was just standing around commenting on the battle.

Which isn't really a great indicator of his own combat ability, unless I'm thinking of a different scene.

No, I was talking about when zouken faced off against rin and archer, and when shirou arrived he had them forced into a essentially a back to back defensive stance.

Apparantly zouken up until that point did not think himself particularly threatened because he hadnt felt the need to break out his trump card of medea's shade.

Though I think Ciel would win. However "win" is a very nebulous term in this VS.
    That's about what I thought.

No, I was talking about when zouken faced off against rin and archer, and when shirou arrived he had them forced into a essentially a back to back defensive stance.

Apparantly zouken up until that point did not think himself particularly threatened because he hadnt felt the need to break out his trump card of medea's shade.
    Archer and Rin weren't the first people I thought of when you said "one of the most dangerous servant master combos". Though I'd completely forgotten about that scene.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    I mean he did solo the Clock Tower. Also even Paracelsus and Babbage needed him to make their bitchin' dry ice machine.
    He solo'd the Clock Tower... with his Servants.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Martha vs Lancer Li in a battle of fisticuffs

Blog Entries
    Was the lancer part rather than assassin supposed to be intentionally dumb?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Assassin Kerry vs Dantes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    didn't we do this already and then daitalianfish popped a vein or was that achilles vs dantes?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Assassin Kerry vs Dantes
    easy one for Dantes
    faster, stronger
    and
    more importantly!
    definitely
    more EDGE

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenieth View Post
    Was the lancer part rather than assassin supposed to be intentionally dumb?
    given that he actually drops his spear and says "FITE ME BRO" in the story, it's pretty real.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    didn't we do this already and then daitalianfish popped a vein or was that achilles vs dantes?
    I think it was first proposed but it was mostly just "who's edgier" and memes rather than a fight. I think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.