Page 5322 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 43224822522252725312531753205321532253235324532753325372542258226322 ... LastLast
Results 106,421 to 106,440 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Arjuna vs Atalanta
    I know Scath was mean to him in America but Arjuna is a pretty toptier hero.

I, uh, thought Atalanta was a pretty good Archer class servant to make up for their power gap.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Gil has never been plagued with Mana problem though, in nearly every works he appeared in

And Ozy does have mana problem. He can only fires 1 Dendera beam in Fragment. He fired those beams in Camelot at great cost to his body. He also literally has a Grail in Camelot to modify his Pyramid too.

If you want to talk about new wanked OP character, see Solomon. But Solomon makes sense because he's on a higher container, he's supposed to be OP, he's gonna be the boss and all.
    I don't really have a dog in this fight but FWIW it's not quite right to say Gil can't have mana problems. In particular, ko-Gil can't make full use of the GoB because he doesn't have enough mana to maximize it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I, uh, thought Atalanta was a pretty good Archer class servant to make up for their power gap.
    She is your typical RPG archer.

- - - Updated - - -

Gil has never been plagued with Mana problem though, in nearly every works he appeared in

And Ozy does have mana problem. He can only fires 1 Dendera beam in Fragment. He fired those beams in Camelot at great cost to his body. He also literally has a Grail in Camelot to modify his Pyramid too.

If you want to talk about new wanked OP character, see Solomon. But Solomon makes sense because he's on a higher container, he's supposed to be OP, he's gonna be the boss and all.
    He fires a few in Fragments.
    He doesn't really have magical energy issues in Fragments even if his master died cos IP.
    Camelot was him throwing out as much as he could. That's different.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Indeed, I can't believe I forgot about the famous Ancient Egyptian Laser Beam technology. :-P
    You probably know this already, but the Dendera Light thingy Ozymandias uses is actually based on a real (albeit fringe and highly unlikely) theory that the ancient Egyptians had a working electrical system. Going from that to FRICKING LASER BEAMS is... rather a stretch to be sure, but it's not like there's no mythical backing at work here (personally, I think it's kind of clever).

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    he's a historical figure without any heroic legends attributed to him at all
    interesting fan fiction, if you really think that the greatest pharaoh of ancient Egypt really had no fantastic legends attributed to him

You're the one missing the point when you complain that Fate's Ozy is too powerful while ignoring the fact that all Servants are fantastic anime characters with histories and abilities that their real-life counterparts never had.

"Eh, Ozymandias can summon a temple which fires those off like nothing even when he's got no Master at all to sustain him in this world"
    That's literally the opposite of what happened.
    He knew he was killing himself to do it.

At this point, I don't even understand your objections to my objections anymore, Mew.
    Because your objections are generally based on some perception of the TM stories that doesn't reflect what is actually contained in those stories.

Blog Entries
    King Arthur being based on a female king hiding her gender is also based on a fringe theory.

Nasu fucking loves those.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    In fact isn't Ozy's wish is to live longer ? He's perfectly aware of it
    I mean, he literally introduces himself with "Look upon my Works, ye Mighty, and despair."

It's a little on the nose

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    King Arthur being based on a female king hiding her gender is also based on a fringe theory.

Nasu fucking loves those.
    I wasn't even aware that was a theory at all, as opposed to just something Nasu made up for the sake of the story.

I mean, Excalibur being a beamsword was like

Then he drew his sword
    Excalibur, but it was so bright in his enemies' eyes, that it
    gave light like thirty torches. And therewith he put them a-
    back, and slew much people.

この時、アーサー王は剣エクスカリバーをぬいた。この剣はあたかもたいまつを三十本集めたほどの明るさを放 って敵の目を射た。この剣を使ってアーサー王は敵を追い散らし、大勢を殺した。
    And then high school Nasu probably said to himself, that sounds like a laser sword all right
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    interesting fan fiction, if you really think that the greatest pharaoh of ancient Egypt really had no fantastic legends attributed to him
    Well, if there are any, please point them out to me, I'd actually like to know them!

Because your objections are generally based on some perception of the TM stories that doesn't reflect what is actually contained in those stories.
    Oh, fair enough, I'll stop ranting about Ozymandias until I can read the "Fragments" novel.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    I thought Gil didn't need the extra prana and was just taking Kotomine's offer because he felt like it.
    If I'm not mistaken, he doesn't need energy to sustain himself, but he does still need it to use his Noble Phantasms.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Independent Action: A+
    With an Independent Action rank that sets him completely apart from the rest, Gilgamesh is able to operate without a Master. With a rank of A+ that exceeds even A, the support of a Master is unnecessary even while unleashing a large amount of magical power.

Tactics
    Gilgamesh battles by shooting the originals of all Noble Phantasms like bullets via Gate of Babylon. The tactic yields excellent destructive power to magic energy efficiency. Since every Noble Phantasm is a bullet, the real magical energy used is merely the activation cost of Gate of Babylon.

He needs magical energy to activate Gate of Babylon.

Activating Gate of Babylon is extremely cheap.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    So he really ate the orphans just for fun? Or perhaps it was so he could use Ea?

Blog Entries
    Judging from Nasu's phrasing on ko-Gil, opening the GoB to draw a weapon is extremely cheap, but large scale holes to fire weapons en mass out is extremely mana intensive, unless you take the tack that ko-Gil has almost no mana at all

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    also what Archer said in general: It's not that they necessarily need the mana, but more is always better.

- - - Updated - - -

It's more that GoB is extremely efficient relative to the amount of damage it can do, but I don't know how "cheap" it is to operate in the absolute sense.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder what it costs for Gil to take Vimana out and fly it around.

Blog Entries
    Ko-Gil can use the GoB, so it's all but certain smaller holes cost less then larger ones

Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    It's more that GoB is extremely efficient relative to the amount of damage it can do, but I don't know how "cheap" it is to operate in the absolute sense.
    Cheap enough to surround your single target with them in a dome fashion without much exertion, expensive enough that you can't summon more of the buggers so as to not leave massive gaps to super jump shield surf out of for a dramatic aerial assault
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RanonCap View Post
    Cheap enough to surround your single target with them in a dome fashion without much exertion, expensive enough that you can't summon more of the buggers so as to not leave massive gaps to super jump shield surf out of for a dramatic aerial assault
    That wasn't expense, he just didn't want the ginger accidentally flying into one of the open holes and going into his treasury and spreading his filth around

It'd be disrespectful to ruin what Shinji had only just made perfect

In seriousness, the question "how much mana does Gil actually need" is probably best answered by "he can pull mana pots out of Gate of Babylon"