Page 5763 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 4763526356635713575357585761576257635764576557685773581358636263 ... LastLast
Results 115,241 to 115,260 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruisu View Post
    ...Isn't everything in a servant made out of mana?
    Yeah, but the way Arturia does it is different. This was brought up before.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    servant is ether
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

US Friend Code
    I'm pretty sure any other servant could 'summon' their armor or weapons on top of casual clothes or something similar, so I'm not sure how that's different from arthuria's mana armor.
    Afaik, the only difference in arthuria's use of mana is how she uses mana burst for strength and agility instead of her 'natural' strength. I don't think her armor is that special, most servants should have something similar.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    and gae dearg doesnt magically erase anything made from maryoku
    it cut off the flow of maryoku, like bounded fields.

To not mention Artoria's weird condition in 4th and 5th hgw
    Last edited by castor212; May 10th, 2018 at 01:54 PM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

US Friend Code
    If the armor was originally magical, Gae Dearg can pass through it.

When it's not... then it would still pass through. Ordinary armor no matter how well made would not be able to stop a Noble Phantasm unless it's too a Noble Phantasm. Do note that when Diarmuid faced Saber he felt no surprise when his spear went through her armor, he knew it was strong enough to do so anyway. It was Artoria that was surprised because since she knew her armor was magical she thought that it could withstand some damage even from a NP
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    If Diarmuid just dispersed everything servant related with Gae Dearg, he'd turn himself to nothing just by holding it. Gas Dearg only seems to nullify continuous enchantments.

Regarding Saberlot, Diarmuid's NPs don't counter anything he has specifically and Lancelot is more skilled with more useful NPs. Diarmuid would have to wound him before he can use Arondight, but unless his armor works like Artoria's that's not practical.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Yeah, but the way Arturia does it is different. This was brought up before.
    The difference being that her armor is independently woven by magical energy even before being a Servant.

But I don't think that Artoria is unique in that. especially to those from her time. She lived in a era where people still had magic, so I don't see why that knights like Gawain or Lancelot also had their armor similarly made or at least enchanted. Of course as they don't have mana burst to dematerialize the armors energy into different things. But when comparing an armor made from magic to one enchanted by magic to be harder, it will all have to same result to Gae Dearg

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    But I don't think that Artoria is unique in that. especially to those from her time. She lived in a era where people still had magic, so I don't see why that knights like Gawain or Lancelot also had their armor similarly made or at least enchanted.
    Artoria's a reactor of magical energy and had Merlin to teach her this stuff. Gawain and Lancelot don't have any capacity for magecraft as far as we know and Merlin didn't interact with the other knights much.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Lancelot and Gawain aren't dragons. Mana burst is really only practical to those that have some inhuman battery.

- - - Updated - - -

snipe

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    Regarding Saberlot, Diarmuid's NPs don't counter anything he has specifically and Lancelot is more skilled with more useful NPs. Diarmuid would have to wound him before he can use Arondight, but unless his armor works like Artoria's that's not practical.
    Not true, Gae Dearg is a counter to Knight of Owner, has been since Zero. Even if he doesn't use it that much it's still a counter.

Even if his armor isn't like Artoria's if it's just normal armor Gae Dearg and Gae Bulhde could pierce it easily. If it is enchanted in some way then Buidhe can't harm him but Dearg still can. As for NPs, KoO is countered and For Someone's Glory is impractical for a straight fight. That just leaves Arondight. With it Lancelot is skilled enough to win, but without it goes to Diarmuid if he were to rely on KoO like Berserker

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Not true, Gae Dearg is a counter to Knight of Owner, has been since Zero. Even if he doesn't use it that much it's still a counter.

Even if his armor isn't like Artoria's if it's just normal armor Gae Dearg and Gae Bulhde could pierce it easily. If it is enchanted in some way then Buidhe can't harm him but Dearg still can. As for NPs, KoO is countered and For Someone's Glory is impractical for a straight fight. That just leaves Arondight. With it Lancelot is skilled enough to win, but without it goes to Diarmuid if he were to rely on KoO like Berserker
    This is Saberlot, KoO apparently isn't an NP for him and he wouldn't have any reason to use it.

If his armor is just really tough Gae Dearg wouldn't work. We don't know if it's magically enhanced or not so that's kinda guesswork. But there's still no reason Lance would use KoO so this would be a physical fight.

US Friend Code
    Artoria's a reactor of magical energy and had Merlin to teach her this stuff. Gawain and Lancelot don't have any capacity for magecraft as far as we know and Merlin didn't interact with the other knights much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Lancelot and Gawain aren't dragons. Mana burst is really only practical to those that have some inhuman battery.

- - - Updated - - -

snipe
    I'm not talking about Gawain and Lancelot having Mana Burst. Just whether they have special armor or not. Because even if there armor is enchanted in someway to be harder then normal or is just regular armor, Diarmuid has no trouble getting past that. Again this has to do that against NPs they won't help you much unless it's special in someway magically and Gae Dearg thing is that even if it is special it will still harm you because that's what it does.

anywhere than here

US Friend Code
    This is Saberlot, KoO apparently isn't an NP for him and he wouldn't have any reason to use it.

If his armor is just really tough Gae Dearg wouldn't work. We don't know if it's magically enhanced or not so that's kinda guesswork. But there's still no reason Lance would use KoO so this would be a physical fight.
    I know he doesn't use KoO that's not the point. I was just contering what you said that Diarmuid doesn't have anything that counters what Lancelot does.

Also tell me how tough an armor has to be that it can block strikes that ripped shipping containers in one blow? You can only get that level of toughness through magic, which is something Gae Daerg negates.

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    I don't think there's a way to know if Lancelot's armor is magic or just tough.

If Diarmuid can cut it I'd give him a fair chance, if only because Knightly Tactics seems like it would make Lancelot forget about Arondight long enough for Diarmuid to have a shot at wounding him, but Lance is still more skilled so landing a good hit will be tricky. Lance would win more often than not.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    "Having armor similarly made" is hard when it's a spell that you need spellwork and excess mana to do.
    It's my mistake saying that Lancelot's armor probably could work under the same mechanics as Artoria's but I see no problem of his armor being magically enhanced. You would expect that be a given for an Arthurian knight to you know, have enchanted armor. I would think being a member of the Round Table would have made that a mandatory part of their arsenal. If it's not, that's fine. But then normal armor won't help you much against powerful mysteries that are NPs.

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Also even if the armor is magically enhanced, that's a permanent enhancement Gae Dearg can't negate.

US Friend Code
    I don't think there's a way to know if Lancelot's armor is magic or just tough.
    The point i'm trying to get isn't whether it's magical or not. It's that it doesn't make a difference one way or another. Going from Diarmuid's confidence when he faced Saber, no matter what type of armor you wear he's gonna get through. You need NP armor for it to even matter.

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    That's a fair point.