Page 6159 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 515956596059610961496154615761586159616061616164616962096259 ... LastLast
Results 123,161 to 123,180 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    you have literally not found a single argument to prove that Aoko would get blitzed.

you are just assuming the speed of the projectiles.

not to mention that GoB needs a small timeframe before it can fire each projectile. not only is that shown in pretty much every anime adaptation, but it is also the whole reason why UBW > GoB in attack speed
    We have Cu, Artoria, Herc and a bunch of other Servants moving at supersonic speeds while fighting and GoB is a threat that is mostly unavoidable to all of them. Aoko meanwhile has no showing to suggest she can keep up with these guys, so maybe you could try to prove otherwise rather than claim/assume improbable hypotheticals?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Well even an average servant will still move at super speed and Aoko can fight one of those so it can be assumed that being speed-blitzed before she can do anything shouldn't happen.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Since when are Cu, Lancelot or Seiba average? Again, still no Aoko showings that suggest a GoB spam isn't super effective.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I'm not stating that they are average, just that the difference between their speed and the [AVERAGE] should not be so great that someone who could fight the [AVERAGE] without being on the defensive like Ciel/[] would just get helplessly speed blitzed.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    To an extent you're right, but you do need to remember that the fifth HGW was outstanding in Servant quality. Cu, Herc, Artoria, Medea, Medusa- all of them world-famous, all of them high or top tier, most of them with some kind of A-rank NP or equivalent, and even the scrubs that made it in by cheating, Emiya & Sasaki, were just as ridiculous in some respects.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    The fallacy is assuming "can fight an average Servant" means "can be statted to an average Servant". I pointed this out earlier. Maybe Aoko can kill Kojirou by laying down so much firepower even he would have a hard time dodging. Doesn't make her as fast (in either agility or reflexes) as a Servant, just fast enough that she can pull off at least one spell before she dies. That's not nearly enough to let her survive against Gil, not to mention actually managing to hurt him (something even Medea couldn't do).
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    We have Cu, Artoria, Herc and a bunch of other Servants moving at supersonic speeds while fighting and GoB is a threat that is mostly unavoidable to all of them. Aoko meanwhile has no showing to suggest she can keep up with these guys, so maybe you could try to prove otherwise rather than claim/assume improbable hypotheticals?

amazing how D rank agility Iskandar (far below the average speed) can perfectly see all of lancelot's moves and Gil's projectiles and could deflect several of them when he charged Gil is somehow really slipping your mind.

and regular projectiles arent a problem for Cu. so much so that they fought for half a day.

Artoria says that the problem she is wary of is the abilities of each weapon, not the weapons themselves

amazing how UBW outdoes GoB in firing speed and numbers yet shirou cant beat servants with its swordspam

amazing how astolfo and Fran can live through Atalanta's rain of arrows with just blocks and dodges and tbose 2 are 3rd and 4th rate servants.

do you require extra arguments?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Old man li explicitly got ancient magic boost thanks to qin shi huang

no one told.me that.my bad

Blog Entries
    Again, in the fate route, Gil launched a GOB barrage that was to the point that saber, dancing between the weapons and concentrating completely on defense was only able to mitigate damage such that her arms and legs were shredded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Again, in the fate route, Gil launched a GOB barrage that was to the point that saber, dancing between the weapons and concentrating completely on defense was only able to mitigate damage such that her arms and legs were shredded.
    yeah but that was really nerfed Shirou saber and that was a full barrage. not to mention she didnt counter because she was holding her cards close to her chest. she could have used Avalon or excalibur or something else. she was trying to bait Gil.

Saber chose to use melee to defend

Aoko can just use hax

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Sure, Aoko can use hax, right up until he pulls one of the dozens of anti-hax weapons he'll have. Assuming he doesn't just shoot her before she can cast.

Hell, if he's wearing his armour, there's almost nothing she can do to him. Super efficient magic lasers lose to anti-magic, magic-powered boxing loses to anti-magic and also loses to the armour that stood up to everything that wasn't an Excaliblast-powered slash.

It's possible Aoko can win, but let's be honest, the chances aren't good.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    yeah but that was really nerfed Shirou saber and that was a full barrage. not to mention she didnt counter because she was holding her cards close to her chest. she could have used Avalon or excalibur or something else. she was trying to bait Gil.

Saber chose to use melee to defend

Aoko can just use hax
    You are moving the goal posts. GOB alone was enough to completely shred a servant who had reasonable speed and a significant defensive skill. If you have to use a noble phantasm to counter something, it’s not the mild inconvenience you present it as.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Sure, Aoko can use hax, right up until he pulls one of the dozens of anti-hax weapons he'll have. Assuming he doesn't just shoot her before she can cast.

Hell, if he's wearing his armour, there's almost nothing she can do to him. Super efficient magic lasers lose to anti-magic, magic-powered boxing loses to anti-magic and also loses to the armour that stood up to everything that wasn't an Excaliblast-powered slash.

It's possible Aoko can win, but let's be honest, the chances aren't good.
    i think Gil has her beat at close and long range, but i would say she is above him in the "i can pull some weird shit" category

so i dont know how it would end up going, hence why i made the match in the 1st place

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    You are moving the goal posts. GOB alone was enough to completely shred a servant who had reasonable speed and a significant defensive skill. If you have to use a noble phantasm to counter something, it’s not the mild inconvenience you present it as.

no. i just said that she could react to the barrage, not that she could dodge them all without pulling some tricks (potentially she could just use energy blasts like richard)

C rank agility Saber if i recall. not sure if that is "average"
    Last edited by fire_mountain_30; August 10th, 2019 at 04:43 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    amazing how D rank agility Iskandar (far below the average speed) can perfectly see all of lancelot's moves and Gil's projectiles and could deflect several of them when he charged Gil is somehow really slipping your mind.
    I mean...
    The King of Heroes, towering over his path, calmly gazed at the challenger, and released the treasures of the vault. Twenty, forty, eighty - a swarm of Noble Phantasms deployed from thin air, shining like so many glittering stars. That light made the King of Conquerors reminiscent of the starry sky of the East far off in the distance that he would look up to.

"AAAALaLaLaLaie!!"

Bellowing with a delight that shook his heart, he rushed on together with his beloved horse.

With haughty growls, the rain of stars approached. Incessantly, mercilessly, the impacts trampled over their bodies. However, that pain was nothing more than a worthless trifle compared to the excitement of this sprint.

There were times when he had succumbed to that sort of faint-heartedness - and yet was not about to reach 'the furthest end'. How foolish. What a disgrace.

The 'end' he had been seeking was now towering over his path. Having crossed countless hills, forded countless rivers, he finally discovered the ending point.

Thus, he would surpass it.

He would step across that enemy.

One step, and one step further. The only thing he had to do was simply repeat that. If he continued to accumulate it, then even that figure far in the distance would most surely be reached by his blade.

The swarm of stars poured on boisterously. In his fury where even his consciousness was prone to recede, his posture inadvertently and carelessly began to decline.

Then he realized that, at some point, he had started running on his own feet. How far did his beloved horse Bucephalus reach? Where did he end? He wanted to mourn for his friend, who had boldly carried out his duty to the end, but that was why he could not stop now. This step he would now take forward was in itself the mourning for those who were scattered.
    and there's also

The female Heroic Spirit held out her right hand beside herself, and a horse appeared there. She then lightly mounted it, and vigorously road it off up the ravine.
    The cloth wrapped around her arm was still overflowing with concentrated divinity. She circulated the potent magical energy into the horse through its bridle. Horse and rider, moving as a single organism, rapidly threaded their way through the rain of gales. Massive chunks of rubble had begun to fall back to earth. She began to gallop lightly over them, eventually riding across even the boulders still in mid air.
    The second wave from the Gate of Babylon was bearing down on horse and rider. Instantly, even more powerful magical energy welled up from the horsewoman. She rolled together the magical energy within herself, thick with divinity, and the pure magical energy welling from the cloth — which could be called divinity itself — and channeled it into the spear in her hand. The horsewoman hurled her spear at the King of Heroes, endeavoring to repel the countless Noble Phantasms bearing down on her with brute force.
    The spear, cloaked in divine aura, drove through the second shower of Noble Phantasms, hurtling toward Gilgamesh's heart. The King of Heroes, however, did not move a step. He deployed a number of shield Noble Phantasms from his Gate of Babylon. The spear closing in on him drove through several of them before coming to a halt.
    "It's been bugging me for a little while now — what's with that ridiculous number of Noble Phantasms?"
    The horsewoman sounded exasperated. Gilgamesh ignored her, and pronounced with an air of indifference:
    "Coming against be with the power of a god, of all things... Your insolence knows no bounds, woman."
    Then, surveying the horsewoman, he grinned. It seemed his interest had been slightly piqued.
    "You may not have come through unscathed, but I see you did manage to take several high-ranking Noble Phantasms."
    The horsewoman was losing a not inconsiderable quantity of blood from wounds on her shoulders and sides. Several of the Noble Phantasm she had not been able to completely parry must have grazed her. Even so, she comported herself as a warrior astride her mount.
    - - - Updated - - -

amazing how UBW outdoes GoB in firing speed and numbers yet shirou cant beat servants with its swordspam
    UBW outspeeds GOB because the swords are in the ground rather than having to go through the Road of Babylon from the vault.
    Shirou had faster access not "firing speed"
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

I am using "firing speed" to refer to the whole process from thinking to attack and the sword being fired

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

and regular projectiles arent a problem for Cu. so much so that they fought for half a day.

Artoria says that the problem she is wary of is the abilities of each weapon, not the weapons themselves

amazing how astolfo and Fran can live through Atalanta's rain of arrows with just blocks and dodges and tbose 2 are 3rd and 4th rate servants.

do you require extra arguments?

- - - Updated - - -

no one told.me that.my bad
    This isn't an argument or a rebuttal though. You have yet to show Aoko being fast enough to not die immediately via fast sword spam, and dodging the point doesn't make it disappear.

@You

I was recalling the anime adaptation of that scene. The description doesnt go into detail about things because Alex is almost in a trance (since he didnt even notice his horse dying amd the narration doesnt address the precise moment)

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't an argument or a rebuttal though. You have yet to show Aoko being fast enough to not die immediately via fast sword spam, and dodging the point doesn't make it disappear.

I have shown how below average servants (speed wise) can laugh off swordspams or similar large numbers of projectiles and Nasu's statement puts her above them since she can fight more physically dominant servants.

Wow. It is almost like we have only 1 Aoko fight to off of.

You want to play this nonsensical game? Show me proof that Gil's swords are faster than the advanced rune blasts that Aoko countered and reacted to

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @You

I was recalling the anime adaptation of that scene. The description doesnt go into detail about things because Alex is almost in a trance (since he didnt even notice his horse dying amd the narration doesnt address the precise moment)
    In the novel you can clearly see him taking the hits.
    If you're using that scene as evidence that a Servant with low AGI can waltz past GOB it's the opposite.
    And you got to remember this is Alex boosted with 3 CS's.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @You

- - - Updated - - -

I have shown how below average servants (speed wise) can laugh off swordspams or similar large numbers of projectiles and Nasu's statement puts her above them since she can fight more physically dominant servants.

Wow. It is almost like we have only 1 Aoko fight to off of.

You want to play this nonsensical game? Show me proof that Gil's swords are faster than the advanced rune blasts that Aoko countered and reacted to
    You haven't exactly shown that they're average or have a successful showing, considering You's posts. And no, maybe you can start putting up your evidence for your claims or shut up. Nasu's statement says nothing about her being as fast as average Servants, let alone Gil's GoB, that is just your assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    In the novel you can clearly see him taking the hits.
    If you're using that scene as evidence that a Servant with low AGI can waltz past GOB it's the opposite.
    And you got to remember this is Alex boosted with 3 CS's.

We see him taking hits, but it is only a fraction of the total number of swords that were fired on him. So those were either dodged or blocked. The guy didnt take 80 swords. (And again, anime visuals)

I didnt say that they can just waltz past it. I just said that they can react to the projectiles (as Alex showed when Lancelot first showed up). The large numbers often get the better of most anyone

All that is required in this case is to be able to react while the swords are still travelling through thr Road of Babylon (for Aoko's case specifically)

3 CS with non specific orders and that were used several minutes prior if not over an hour prior. Non specific commands arent worth much

- - - Updated - - -

You haven't exactly shown that they're average or have a successful showing, considering You's posts. And no, maybe you can start putting up your evidence for your claims or shut up. Nasu's statement says nothing about her being as fast as average Servants, let alone Gil's GoB, that is just your assumption.
    Your stance:

> if you arent fast enough to react to the servant, they blitz and kill you

> just because you can fight on par with a servant, it doesnt mean you can keep up with them

Top kek

- - - Updated - - -

Rank D agility

Astolfo

Fran

No servant dying to UBW swordspam

> not below average

Top kek

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We see him taking hits, but it is only a fraction of the total number of swords that were fired on him. So those were either dodged or blocked. The guy didnt take 80 swords.

I didnt say that they can just waltz past it. I just said that they can react to the projectiles (as Alex showed when Lancelot first showed up). The large numbers often get the better of most anyone

All that is required in this case is to be able to react while the swords are still travelling through thr Road of Babylon (for Aoko's case specifically)

3 CS with non specific orders and that were used several minutes prior if not over an hour prior. Non specific commands arent worth much

- - - Updated - - -

Your stance:

> if you arent fast enough to react to the servant, they blitz and kill you

> just because you can fight on par with a servant, it doesnt mean you can keep up with them

Top kek

- - - Updated - - -

Rank D agility

Astolfo

Fran

No servant dying to UBW swordspam

> not below average

Top kek
    Again, this isn't evidence for Aoko. Assumptions =/= evidence and wanking Aoko =/= presenting a worthwhile argument