Page 6165 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 516556656065611561556160616361646165616661676170617562156265 ... LastLast
Results 123,281 to 123,300 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Can Link hurt servants?

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Roa is a top? exorcist from the 12-13th century

If not for the vampires being anti-history thing, we could probably just summon him directly from the throne.
    I doubt he'd be anything less than mid-tier/average servant. At least until Nasu comes along and says that all the soul melding degraded his skill
    Considering he's one of the founders of the Burial Agency, he's the only person who reached his level of understanding and messing with the soul ever, and that he seems to have high tier circuits that his reincarnations typically didn't live up to.

I imagine he knows enough, in both magecraft and other abilities to be frightening even without becoming a Dead Apostle.

Tsuki original Roa meanwhile is another level.

US Friend Code
    The Master Sword is definitely magic enough to hurt a Servant. Most of the other weapons you pick up during BotW probably aren't. Though like Tobias said it wouldn't have its repelling evil bonus against her.

I'd wager Saber's MR would work against Urbosa's Fury, but since the Sheikah Slate's Runes are magitek and not quite magic I'm not sure she could resist those.

- - - Updated - - -

Could Daruk's Protection tank Excalibur?

Blog Entries
    I’m inclined to think anything wielded by link would probably hurt a servant due to his myriad of fairy blessings and his wielding the triforce of courage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

He's probably a spooky hero enough. I'd buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    He does not have Eye of the Mind at A rank. It's an unspecified rank.
    Amakusa is also third rate.

This is a case of a "a third rate Servant matching a third rate Servant" rather than "a third rate Servant matching a third rate Servant who has lowered his power to the level of a human yet is somehow equal to a third rate Servant."

It would do you good to look at the actual evidence instead of blindly believing

something anyone could have posted with no source

For one we know for a fact that Shirou was experimenting with his own Noble Phantasm during this time in the 8th Sacrament. And before he's connected to the Grail he's able to pull off a uniquely strong baptismal sacrament. Couple that with the Fran fight where the narration goes out of its way to tell you how he's fighting is no human at all. Incarnating hasn't stripped him of his Servant powers at all because well... it doesn't.

do you have concrete evidence on the contrary?
    As i mentioned, i am on the beach with a tablet and none of the novels on me, so i am mostly going off memory and deductions i remember having made in the past.

I recall it being reffered that the skills were A rank somewhere, but i admit i cant remember where exactly i read that bit. Maybe it was when he fought Achilles or some other fight he had or maybe someone on the wiki or forum did a reedit on the version that i read.

It flat out says in the prologue of volume 3 that he lost his power without a master after the third war. LeadDemon was kind enough to post the exact quote earlier. Your quote even says that they are still familiars even after incarnation.. what happens to a familiar without its master if the master is providing them with power?

If he lost them then, then the only moment he could have recovered his powers were just before the final conflict.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Roa is a top? exorcist from the 12-13th century

If not for the vampires being anti-history thing, we could probably just summon him directly from the throne.
    I doubt he'd be anything less than mid-tier/average servant. At least until Nasu comes along and says that all the soul melding degraded his skill

If someone knows from whichpart of Tsuki the wiki took this from, it would be great

"After working to build up his power in Tsukihime, Arcueid believes he is around the level of a "Class Five" vampire, but lacks the ability to become as strong as other Ancestors."

I dont think a class 5 vampire is dead apostole ancestor level, so Roa was nowhere near his full strenght since i think the guy was actually among the strongest vampires in the ranks originally
    Last edited by fire_mountain_30; August 13th, 2019 at 05:34 PM.

I totally recall how Saber Alter and Dark Berserker lost most of their superhuman strength once they became physical real people....

Well, not that Saber has any strength. She just cheats with bursting so I guess it's just herc.

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Considering he's one of the founders of the Burial Agency, he's the only person who reached his level of understanding and messing with the soul ever, and that he seems to have high tier circuits that his reincarnations typically didn't live up to.

I imagine he knows enough, in both magecraft and other abilities to be frightening even without becoming a Dead Apostle.

Tsuki original Roa meanwhile is another level.

I mean, him and Narbarek were the 2 co-founders of the burial agency and if the current Narbarek is anywhere close to the 1st one, you would expect that human Roa would already be a pretty big deal

Blog Entries
    I mean this is actually a really weird fight where the person with superior stats and equal martial skill almost can’t win.

even Prana burst isn’t going to break the Hylian shield and link is going to be able to block any of her attacks. Any clever tactic saber uses link will be able to respond to as he also is a smart, tactical fighter. Eventually she is going to have to blow a bunch of mana trying to Excalibur and while that will deal damage, the hylian shield can protect his head and vital organs, so he won’t take an immediately lethal wound. After that he has enough self healing and fairies to regenerate and then he is fighting a mana drained servant.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I mean this is actually a really weird fight where the person with superior stats and equal martial skill almost can’t win.

even Prana burst isn’t going to break the Hylian shield and link is going to be able to block any of her attacks. Any clever tactic saber uses link will be able to respond to as he also is a smart, tactical fighter. Eventually she is going to have to blow a bunch of mana trying to Excalibur and while that will deal damage, the hylian shield can protect his head and vital organs, so he won’t take an immediately lethal wound. After that he has enough self healing and fairies to regenerate and then he is fighting a mana drained servant.
    Doesnt Saber's mana reactor allow her to create a bunch of mana just by breathing like Alive!Siegfried could?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Iri's birds were notoriously unable to protect her in Zero, and she nailed Kirei with them and everything. Iri wasn't trained in "what to do when a psychotic Church assassin charges you at 60kph", the question is, was Illya?
    Amusingly enough, both Kayneth and Tokiomi can both take her on at magecraft

I mean if we say the shield is unpierceable then I guess Saber would win by wrestling down Link and beating him up, or stabbing him while holding his shield away from him?

Blog Entries
    I don’t think she could. The golden gauntlets give link grip strength well over anything any servant has displayed. It’s why she couldn’t just knock it out of his hands or try to batter it aside

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I'll admit to having only played up to A Link to the Past, but I have a hard time picturing Link fighting Saber.
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; August 14th, 2019 at 12:49 AM.

Blog Entries
    Picture someone with like, Ciel to low servant level stats, but EotM true of A rank and about 40 NPs alongside several divine class blessings.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    link owned cloud, so
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Well the Link I specified was BotW who wouldn't have the golden gauntlets. Hylian Shield isn't invincible in BotW either even if it is the most durable shield, though I'm pretty sure Daruk's Protection is straight up invincibility and blocks everything in BotW.

In a straight sword fight with no other factors, Saber would definitely outclass Link. But Link just has so much other stuff than sword skills.

Daruk's Protection is 3 charges of completely invincibility 360 degrees around him. Though once those 3 charges are used there's an 18 minute recharge period, so if somehow Saber can get Link to use them up before she Excaliburs then I think Excalibur would finish him off.
    MIpha's Grace can revive him once. It does not reset his Daruk counter though.
    Revali's Gale is three charges of a super high jump, though I dunno if that would really factor in.
    Urbosa's Fury is an aoe lightning strike, but like I said earlier I'm pretty sure Magic Resistance would nullify at least that.

And BotW Link also has all of these, which technically speaking are magitek and not magic, so I don't know how MR would react to them: https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Rune

And his magic anti-evil sword (not that the anti-evil comes into play) and magitek exploding arrows.
    Last edited by Reign; August 13th, 2019 at 07:13 PM.

Blog Entries
    Actually if it’s BotW saber realizes that he is constantly wandering around with like 500 well made and implausibly fresh meals on him, and devours him whole.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    That gives me the image of Link throwing a kebab like a stick and Saber jumping like a dog to catch it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Actually if it’s BotW saber realizes that he is constantly wandering around with like 500 well made and implausibly fresh meals on him, and devours him whole.
    That's true

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    That gives me the image of Link throwing a kebab like a stick and Saber jumping like a dog to catch it.
    Kings throughout the ages have always been hungry.