Page 6199 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 519956996099614961896194619761986199620062016204620962496299 ... LastLast
Results 123,961 to 123,980 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Inshun vs Liangyu

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    What does Liangyu's NP even do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Yes, it is really vague, so I was kinda hesitant to bring this up. If FGO's gameplay were any indication, I'm assuming it's her skill in weakening enemy's fighting prowess every time Liangyu's attacks successfully land on them. The more she hits, the more she gains advantages over her enemies.

It's somewhat a direct opposite of Inshun's NP, which can cope with any enemies, and erasing disadvantages fighting against opponents he face the first time.

I think this could potentially turn into a deadlock, where it is decided by whether Liangyu manages to weaken Inshun enough, or Inshun could cope with her movements through his techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Toph can metalbend but mercury might be too different from the solid earth she's used to to really bend Trimm. Didn't she have trouble with bending sand because of that same issue?

Though even if she can't affect Trimm I say Toph still wins easily.
    Ehhh depends. She only really had trouble bending the mercury out of Korra in Book 4 cuz she was bitchy about it. And that was in her old age.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    noble phantasms are by definition a mystery
    You're corerct, but these "mysteries" are stretched to famous historical events thought like Oda's formation (ok, debated historical event), or Leonidas's 300 troops withstanding attacks. Can't help but think that Edison would be woefully ineffective against either of them. After all, even if you knew exactly how they did it, it's not gonna poof out of existence since it actually did happen. Maybe it is just a bit of a debuff in these cases. Who knows where modern magecraft lands itself. Granted, WFD isn't limitless. I'd say the demon god pillars are entirely based on mystery, being imaginative beings formed by magecraft. However, WFD was absolutely having problems with them, so there's a limit to what it can reduce to zero or attack.

A confrontation between Gilgamesh and Edison would be comedy gold though.

"Fool, here's the original light bulb you fraud!"
    -Edison gets a stroke.
    Last edited by I Can't Believe It's Not A NoblePhantasm; November 15th, 2019 at 04:41 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    when the boss tells you you did good
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I Can't Believe It's Not A NoblePhantasm View Post
    You're corerct, but these "mysteries" are stretched to famous historical events thought like Oda's formation (ok, debated historical event), or Leonidas's 300 troops withstanding attacks. Can't help but think that Edison would be woefully ineffective against either of them. After all, even if you knew exactly how they did it, it's not gonna poof out of existence since it actually did happen. Maybe it is just a bit of a debuff in these cases. Who knows where modern magecraft lands itself. Granted, WFD isn't limitless. I'd say the demon god pillars are entirely based on mystery, being imaginative beings formed by magecraft. However, WFD was absolutely having problems with them, so there's a limit to what it can reduce to zero or attack.

A confrontation between Gilgamesh and Edison would be comedy gold though.

"Fool, here's the original light bulb you fraud!"
    -Edison gets a stroke.
    I'd venture a guess that what World Faith Domination would do in this scenario is literally strip the mystique off of those techniques or events. So, rather than the all-famous 300 Spartans of legend forming an impenetrable formation, now it's just 300 average dudes in Iron Age armor locking shields.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Rama, a Saber that turned his 'arrow' into a modded sword, vs EMIYA an Archer that spams swords as his 'arrows'

US Friend Code
    It could be tough to decide, while EMIYA can simply sword barrage Rama (with or without bow), Rama has Vishnu Baju which not only gives him many arsenals, but also he can launch toward EMIYA from all directions a la Armiger. Though I'd like to see if Brahmastra is strong enough to pierce Rho Aias, since EMIYA doesn't have Demonic trait.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I'd bet on Rama 9 times out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I'd venture a guess that what World Faith Domination would do in this scenario is literally strip the mystique off of those techniques or events. So, rather than the all-famous 300 Spartans of legend forming an impenetrable formation, now it's just 300 average dudes in Iron Age armor locking shields.
    I guess the limits of WFD's mystery destroying abilities will always be a mystery in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    It could be tough to decide, while EMIYA can simply sword barrage Rama (with or without bow), Rama has Vishnu Baju which not only gives him many arsenals, but also he can launch toward EMIYA from all directions a la Armiger. Though I'd like to see if Brahmastra is strong enough to pierce Rho Aias, since EMIYA doesn't have Demonic trait.
    What do you mean? What's Armiger? Well, on Brahmastra, I seriously doubt it would go through Rho Aias. Is there variance in the power between Karna and Rama's Brahmastras? If not, this would mean Karna's amped Brhamastra can be countered by A+ anti-army NPs, so it's unlikely.

I think Rama's horribly outmatched (unless there's some elements of his kit that's not properly explained his material profile, in which case, I'll eat my words if someone brings up something OP I didn't know about). EMIYA's firepower should be stronger. What's Rama going to do if EMIYA busts out a Gram? Also, Rama having different weapons isn't really an advantage once you consider EMIYA has thousands of different weapons and styles to choose from.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Rama's part of the Indian mythology. Even if you don't know who he is, it's a safe bet that their lowest level NPs are the mid-upper tiers of other mythologies' NPs.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by I Can't Believe It's Not A NoblePhantasm View Post
    What's Rama going to do if EMIYA busts out a Gram?
    Well, considering Brahmastra is Anti-Demonic and Gram is a Demonic sword...

I’m pretty sure that if they fight in melee at all Archer’s just gonna die. You could argue Rama could have a legitimate range fight due to his pretend to be other knight classes skill too.

Vishnu Bhuja gives Rama Pinaka (and possibly also Sharanga), which are definite upgrades to even Gandiva.

I'm really not sure how Archer actually wins.

US Friend Code
    If a vs has an Indian Servant then 9 times out of 10 the Indian wins.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Petition to ban Indian Servants from future match-ups, k thx.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    I'm really not sure how Archer actually wins.
    Badass VS EMIYA always uses every sword at his disposal in a giant swordrain that pulverizes his opponent.
    Feat is backed with high school psychic calculations on force per ft and heat generated from such a clash.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Badass VS EMIYA always uses every sword at his disposal in a giant swordrain that pulverizes his opponent.
    Feat is backed with high school psychic calculations on force per ft and heat generated from such a clash.
    That's about what I figured...I guess it's Rama's fault for being born before calculus was invented.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Petition to ban Indian Servants from future match-ups, k thx.
    After this one:
    Karna vs Quetz