Page 6219 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 521957196119616962096214621762186219622062216224622962696319 ... LastLast
Results 124,361 to 124,380 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't think ignoring the rest of Achilles's NPs is the way to go here, especially when one of them is quite literally "I'm the fastest hero ever, can't touch this!". And another is a shield capable of blocking Gae Bolg. And the duel field and the chariot. Seems a lot like Cu is the underdog here to me.

Achilles is a bit cocky and straight out say he didn't need to bring his chariot and stuff like he did in Apo. We also never saw Achilles using his shield, like seriously everytime he appear he never use it for himself. Cu has huge advantage if Achilles don't know his true name because once Cu use his Gae Bolg, Achilles is dead, well maybe he can stand a little bit thanks to his BC skill

祖 Ancestor
    Chiron pierced Achilles' heart with Antares Snipe/destroyed his saint graph and that didn't stop him from fighting even with being conceptually wounded from having his heel shot out prior. What makes anyone think Cu can even bust out Gae Bolg against a faster servant in CQC anyway?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
    ...Did you even click it? Because it quite literally directs you to the relevant scene.
    You should maybe check to make sure you’re actually right before you get all indignant because the forum video feature ignores time stamps and starts from the beginning no matter what lol

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    You should maybe check to make sure you’re actually right before you get all indignant because the forum video feature ignores time stamps and starts from the beginning no matter what lol
    Well shit. That'll be good to know for later. Time stamp is 1:45:55 - 1:46:27

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Chiron pierced Achilles' heart with Antares Snipe/destroyed his saint graph and that didn't stop him from fighting even with being conceptually wounded from having his heel shot out prior. What makes anyone think Cu can even bust out Gae Bolg against a faster servant in CQC anyway?
    Pretty sure speed doesn't matter if he is in the range
    Yep Gae Bolg won't be instant kill, but that fight will be a moment before Achilles vanish
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Cu vs Ach is the fun sort of fight where both sides get to show off in a way. Achilles has overwhelming speed but if anyone can tango with him it’s Cu, albeit at a disadvantage for once of course in that regard. The main thing it comes down to is if Cu can avoid being killed by Cosmos and force a unfavorable trade off of forcing Achilles to use it to defend himself from a heart stab. Between his runes and disengage an all out Cu I think can survive cosmos and without a doubt can deal with the chariot and Achilles in a brawl.

I feel it’s a bit in Achilles’s favor but it can go either way. It comes down to whether Cu can avoid being Castlevania’d or not.

Speed doesn't matter as long he is in Gae Bolg range, only luck can save him
    ...and what can a dead standing man do to win agaisnt someone who also has the same skill as him but perfectly fine?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's not like Achilles is that cocky, considering he was only willing to tank Balmung after figuring out Siegfried couldn't hurt him, and Chiron hadn't revealed himself yet. Not sure how that means he won't realise Cu can hurt him in a fight, or that he won't take things seriously.

Hard to see how GB can hit when DK is up and ready.

- - - Updated - - -

Or that Kosmos can't block the heart stab in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Cu vs Ach is the fun sort of fight where both sides get to show off in a way. Achilles has overwhelming speed but if anyone can tango with him it’s Cu, albeit at a disadvantage for once of course in that regard. The main thing it comes down to is if Cu can avoid being killed by Cosmos and force a unfavorable trade off of forcing Achilles to use it to defend himself from a heart stab. Between his runes and disengage an all out Cu I think can survive cosmos and without a doubt can deal with the chariot and Achilles in a brawl.

I feel it’s a bit in Achilles’s favor but it can go either way. It comes down to whether Cu can avoid being Castlevania’d or not.
    I know that in the material said something about his shield has equivalent as the world and he can smash his opponent with it but I'm preeetttyyy sure it doesn't mean literally like that. It probably just a very strong blunt attack from his shield.
    IIRC his chariot charge is his strongest attack and required the same amount of Mana as him to maintain it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It would be nice to have a little more than personal interpretation.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    I don't think ignoring the rest of Achilles's NPs is the way to go here, especially when one of them is quite literally "I'm the fastest hero ever, can't touch this!". And another is a shield capable of blocking Gae Bolg. And the duel field and the chariot. Seems a lot like Cu is the underdog here to me.
    Duel field would actually be more disadvantageous to Achilles than to Cú Chulainn, though. And his speed NP doesn't make him the Flash; he runs fast, but we have no indication he fights at the same speed as he runs, otherwise his fights with Siegfried and Chiron, for instance, would have been very different. (This has got to be one of the most misunderstood NPs in the franchise.)

As for the shield, that one I can't really comment on; that volume hasn't been translated yet, so I've only seen that part in the anime. I do think Gáe Bolg would be invoked faster, though.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say Achilles' best bet is to fight smart for a change, like he does against Chiron. If he fights more like the Rider he is, or if Gáe Bolg is somehow taken out of the picture, he should have much higher chances; the Cú Chulainn we've seen is too nerfed from being summoned outside of Europe and having Kirei as a Master.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWatchar View Post
    Scathach died in Extella Link tho
    Can you elaborate?

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    The shield shouldn't even put to consideration because he's not gonna use it
    Gae Bolg gonna stab
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Blog Entries
    I don’t think scatch died in extella so much as she was knocked back into the shadow realm when her possession ended. Trying to remember the scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Duel field would actually be more disadvantageous to Achilles than to Cú Chulainn, though. And his speed NP doesn't make him the Flash; he runs fast, but we have no indication he fights at the same speed as he runs, otherwise his fights with Siegfried and Chiron, for instance, would have been very different. (This has got to be one of the most misunderstood NPs in the franchise.)

As for the shield, that one I can't really comment on; that volume hasn't been translated yet, so I've only seen that part in the anime. I do think Gáe Bolg would be invoked faster, though.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say Achilles' best bet is to fight smart for a change, like he does against Chiron. If he fights more like the Rider he is, or if Gáe Bolg is somehow taken out of the picture, he should have much higher chances; the Cú Chulainn we've seen is too nerfed from being summoned outside of Europe and having Kirei as a Master.
    Duel Field depends on the conditions set and agreed upon. Any proof that he can't fight faster when he has Comet Form on? He was running through the golems in the anime, what makes you so sure Cu could keep up with it? Especially when there is a line in Apo mats stating not many Heroic Spirits could keep up with him for his exposed weak point to matter that much.

Why? Considering that everything stated so far says Achilles is faster than Cu, what makes people think that Cu could use GB before anything Achilles can do?

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    what makes you think that Cu is not one of this "not many Heroic Spirit"? 0_o

- - - Updated - - -

What makes people think that Achilles can beat Cu fast enough? 0_o

- - - Updated - - -

Why would you think Achilles gonna beat Cu before he gonna use Gae Bolg? 0_o
    Yes I know he is newer than Cu and just got his time in Atlantis so I won't surprise people hyping him up than his worth
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Swordwoman View Post
    what makes you think that Cu is not one of this "not many Heroic Spirit"? 0_o

- - - Updated - - -

What makes people think that Achilles can beat Cu fast enough? 0_o
    servant rarity is a bad civilization.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Really? Servant rarity over looking at feats and mats is what you're going for here?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I don’t think scatch died in extella so much as she was knocked back into the shadow realm when her possession ended. Trying to remember the scene.
    I think that’s only in the 4kids dub