Page 6259 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 525957596159620962496254625762586259626062616264626963096359 ... LastLast
Results 125,161 to 125,180 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Blog Entries
    Gorgon is that monstrous hero slayer that required the Olympians to give NPs (specially geared to defeat her) to Perseus so he guy could even stand a chance.

She has stats that places her in a different category, can buff herself with Monstrous Strength / Full Gorgon Mode, as well as possessing debuff skill / NP and a healing factor that likely allows to survive Galatine when combined with her ridiculous size and durability. She also apparently regens maryoku.

tldr; Odds are Gawain either, at best, survives until dinner or, at worst, ends up as a snack.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordep View Post
    Avenger Gorgon Vs Saber Gawain.
    Gawain's burn damage > Gorgon's curse damage (at same NP level and overcharge). Gawain wins the DOT game.

Well it isn’t as if Gawain isn’t a hero who cannot slay monsters himself.

In the morning he’d certainly have enough power to contest her. He has the swordsmanship and armor of a Round Knight and a giant beam.

Its a difficult battle but I think he can beat up a servant Gorgon through his own powers, rather than a big advantage or counter.

Super Calamity Monster Goddess and Super Sun Super Knight. Sounds fun.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I don't think Servant!Gorgon is on the same level as the monster slain by Perseus. Not yet, at least.
    I think it will be a fun fight to watch, but ultimately, it's a Hero versus a Monster. I'd bet on Gawain.

Obviously not. But that’s servants in general no. That said I imagine Avenger Gorgon is a bit weaker but more stable than a other class Medusa who goes full Gorgon through monstrous strength and transforms.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ashwatthama vs Sigurd

doesn't ash's second NP involve time travel? i imagine that's hard to beat

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It also nearly killed him due to using Shiva's Authority which his SG couldn't withstand.

Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    i'm presuming it's not tiamat-gorgon? because if not, i imagine gawain takes it without much contest
    What makes you think there's much of a difference? It seemed more like the grail gave her super regen if anything, and aside from that, Gorgon was merely created by the grail, not powered by it. Assuming Ana Gorgon is more like Avenger Gorgon (and why not, she's not receiving Tiamat powers) then how well she did against Tiamat would be pretty impressive. I'd say Gorgon definitively beats nightime Gawain. Sunlight Gawain is iffy.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I don't think Servant!Gorgon is on the same level as the monster slain by Perseus. Not yet, at least.
    I think it will be a fun fight to watch, but ultimately, it's a Hero versus a Monster. I'd bet on Gawain.
    I second this. Her NP is literally making a temporary transformation into that state. If Gorgon was at her fully monstrous state, she'd destroy Gawain.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Can Gorgon tank Galatine's solar flare attack?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Can Gawain get out of Breaker Gorgon
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Gawain isn't a monster slayer though.
    Or at least that aspect is not very pronounced.

Blog Entries
    Again, it is my understanding that the gorgon summoned by guda is a twenty foot tall monster god with the power of several servants. She is strong enough to fight Gawain on equal footing and has a NP that can take her more fully into the Uber form thats basically a Capitol G God

galantine miiiiight be able to do the job but if it can’t I don’t see him having any of the needed affinity or right type of combat experience needed to withstand that kind of overwhelming power. Put another way, I don’t think Gawain really has a lot of experience in dealing with an equal to greater physical threat when enhanced by the sun
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Also isn't he weak to large breasted purpleheads with nonhuman parts?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    On the contrary, he'll last as long as he needs to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Again, it is my understanding that the gorgon summoned by guda is a twenty foot tall monster god with the power of several servants. She is strong enough to fight Gawain on equal footing and has a NP that can take her more fully into the Uber form thats basically a Capitol G God

galantine miiiiight be able to do the job but if it can’t I don’t see him having any of the needed affinity or right type of combat experience needed to withstand that kind of overwhelming power. Put another way, I don’t think Gawain really has a lot of experience in dealing with an equal to greater physical threat when enhanced by the sun
    He and Artoria fought Vortigern when he was basically in United Kingdoms Of Great Britain But A Dragon mode. He's definitely got combat experience in that region, even if he did piss himself at the sight before a petite blonde got him to man up.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Can Gawain get out of Breaker Gorgon
    Would the sun buff help him with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    Gawain isn't a monster slayer though.
    Or at least that aspect is not very pronounced.
    Yeah, none of the KotRT are monster slayers on the same level as someone like Theseus or Beowulf, but they've faced their share of non-human threats.

- - - Updated - - -

Although that might change if we add the Mabinogion versions of those characters to the mix - and my understanding is that TM does. Plus, there's apparently a lost tradition of King Arthur being a giant slayer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    He and Artoria fought Vortigern when he was basically in United Kingdoms Of Great Britain But A Dragon mode. He's definitely got combat experience in that region, even if he did piss himself at the sight before a petite blonde got him to man up.
    Yeah but as I understand it in the nasuverse monsters and dragons are two seperate caragories. It’s kind of like having a 10% damage boost and plus one AC to your abilities when fighting water types but this time the enemy is an ice type, and the DM is a stickler for the rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, none of the KotRT are monster slayers on the same level as someone like Theseus or Beowulf, but they've faced their share of non-human threats.
    Although that might change if we add the Mabinogion versions of those characters to the mix - and my understanding is that TM does. Plus, there's apparently a lost tradition of King Arthur being a giant slayer.
    TM's vision of King Arthur these days is basically a giant amalgamation where anything goes no matter how obscure (with the occasional dose of original tidbits such as Vortigern's dragon transformation). Bits of the Mabinogion have naturally found there way in there over time, most notably Twrch Trwyth and the retool of Bedivere lacking an arm.

Also, giants are jobbers if even Kay has little trouble killing them.