Page 6270 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 527057706170622062606265626862696270627162726275628063206370 ... LastLast
Results 125,381 to 125,400 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Eye of the Mind True baiting known reckless dum-dum Artoria though.
    Instinct allowing her to get out of it anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I actually don't think Cú Chulainn can debuff Achilles. His debuff is fear-based, and Achilles has Bravery A+.
    Mind, I don't think Grail!Cú Alter *needs* to debuff Achilles, but I don't think he can.

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    ah yes, lets compare borderline top servants with reject dumpster fires. might as well be comparing Achilles to Frank by that logic.

any servant worth their salt doesnt need skills to compete with one another in melee. Lancelot didnt need it for Arturia, Diarmuid barely needed to use them, Cu didnt need any to fight Artoria, Karna didnt need any to fight Gawain, etc...
    Not close to being accurate. One would have to cherry pick to say that EMIYA is bottom of the barrel. Or are we going to do the thing where we just take the Fate/Side Material statement and blatantly disregard every other written work or interview? The context has never been that EMIYA's bad at fighting unless Nasu literally writes characters to make incorrect assessments about him multiple times. The idea was that, by conventional standards, his lack of an NP and low stats makes him weak........just like Kojiro. Kojiro had a similar statement by Artoria that he wasn't a strong servant, but he shouldn't be underestimated. EMIYA's the same, in that he has ways to get around not having an NP.

If it's Cu in Japan, EMIYA wins at range, looses up close. Cu outside of Japan outright wins via scaling. Honestly, given your opinion of EMIYA, I'd like to see you justify why EMIYA would have trouble with someone like Fran. That'd be something that hasn't been done to death.

Also, the skills are always involved. What do you think Cu uses when he's backing off? What do you think Kojiro uses to confuse his opponents? Skills are just the more noteworthy abilities of a given character. It's an irrelevant point. The relevant point is that EMIYA physically can't keep up with Cu, and must actively predict where he'll hit in order to temporarily match him in CQB.

I don't think EMIYA wins at range because Cu's Protection from Arrows Rank B should cover most of Emiya's projectile options, excepting NPs, but even then, I'm not sure about EMIYA's Broken Phantasms.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Broken Phantasms can probably boom hard enough to be a problem, but then you get into questions like 'How long do they take to charge and how much distance is Cu covering during that time?' or 'Can Cu throw up a rune barrier then Disengage and keep running?' and other matters of range and environmental concerns and such at which point debating becomes theoretical vs. theoretical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Broken Phantasms can probably boom hard enough to be a problem, but then you get into questions like 'How long do they take to charge and how much distance is Cu covering during that time?' or 'Can Cu throw up a rune barrier then Disengage and keep running?' and other matters of range and environmental concerns and such at which point debating becomes theoretical vs. theoretical.
    But that's the best kind of debating. How else can we justify our arguments?

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    1- first fight. the one with the street lamp
    You mean the one where he double-teamed her?

2- fighting pretty well, with both spears sealed
    And had an advantage because he rused Artoria. It's almost like judging a fight based on minimal timeframes and usage of the servant's overall abilities is sort of really dumb.

3- command spell nerf and advantage from invisible air. she even told shirou later that she didnt think she could kill him if he went on the defensive.
    Beating =/= Killing. Cu has disengage.
    Command spell nerf is irrelevant. You brought up Cu vs Artoria, and he was losing that fight. Both times they fought.

4- and before that, they had a pretty even melee.

Karna still lost though? It's almost like servant skills can completely turn the tide of the battle so ignoring Chiron's is...again, really dumb.

Well, in order to breach Protection From Arrows, not much time at all. This can be inferred in the prologue of FGO. But yeah, Rune barrier is unquantifiable. However, Hollow Ataraxia would indicate Cu has problems with EMIYA at range.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    But that's the best kind of debating. How else can we justify our arguments?
    It's only fun when
    I'm winning
    people agree with me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Have not asked this but I need to know.

Are different franchises allowed here? I think I remember seeing them sometimes.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Let's try Brynhildr vs Lu Bu

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Let's try Brynhildr vs Lu Bu
    Does brynhildr get to use runes? if so I think she wins

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Profile says her Primordial Rune's are suppressed because of a lack of Divinity, but still...

The robot fight we deserved

If she uses it at a certain level she dies but she can still nuke everything with a giant meteor. Of course in the end I would say she can defeat Lu Bu. Depends on the level of energy because between the two of them she can leverage a better supply better because she can dump it into mana burst explosions.

Hm, I don't know. Lu Bu is pretty frelling strong, and he's far from the type of person to inspire feelings of love in Brynhild. I think she wins if she can leverage superior skill and tactics into the fight, but if it boils down to just an all-out brawl, I think he has the advantage.

Assuming, of course, she doesn't just nuke the both of them.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Lu Bu's defiant enough that he might use Anti-Fortress God Force against Brynhildr Romantia as she descend. The outcome could depend on how much Love behind her attack.

Oh, her nuke isn't Romantia, it's the Super Saiyan God Rune she almost uses in Fragments that apparently would have levelled Tokyo if Arthur hadn't killed her first.

- - - Updated - - -

Using it also comes at the cost of her destroying herself, it seems, which is why I said "nuke the both of them". She'd basically be forcing a draw, because I don't think Lu Bu can stop something like that.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Ah, I see. I only understand the Romantia NP, while Komedia is kinda vague.

Primal Runes do give her a penalty alright.
    Last edited by OnesFleetingGlory; April 22nd, 2020 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Addition

I'm sure this has been done before, but Proto!Gil vs FSN!/normal!Gil.

Blog Entries
    Doesn’t proto-Gil have that NP that says he will always survive any fight?

i mean I gather in Proto fate herc was supposed to break it before dying and all before dying so it’s not completely implausible Gil could do the same but that seems to be an additional hurdle for fate Gil to have to deal with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.