Page 6291 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 529157916191624162816286628962906291629262936296630163416391 ... LastLast
Results 125,801 to 125,820 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Can Napoleon really be called an average or weak legend or servant to begin with? Not like he doesn't have mystery as folklore cannon man either.
    Well yeah, he's a modern man and his life is well documented as they get. He's only 70 years older than Okita and a contemporary of D' Eon.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

I mean again Archer Napo is the mythological one.

Ghengis Khan might also be a documented normal man of sorts but he still has nutty tales of sword fighting demons and other crazy stuff in folklore too. So on.

I mean do you have a problem with say Charles and Karl? Pretty similar thing.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Maou Nobu vs. Man of Possibilities Napoleon

I find it funny that Fire Support is both what we thought and also something that just dabs on Nobu.

probably Napo regardless

If Surtr's Sword of Flame rivals Rhongomyniad, wouldn't that make it weaker than Ea based on the lore in its Command Code?

祖 Ancestor
    As I understand, the command code is for NPs owned by humanity, not just loaned. Excalibur for example, doesn't really belong to Arthur. He's just wielding it for the moment. Dunno if Rhongomyniad is the same. Similar noble phantasms like Magna Volleusse Magnum and Longinus ought to count for sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by KiritoX View Post
    If Surtr's Sword of Flame rivals Rhongomyniad, wouldn't that make it weaker than Ea based on the lore in its Command Code?
    Theoretically, yes. In practice it'd still depend on who is using it and against what. When we fought Lancer Alter, we had her recruited and added to the Chaldea archives, even then when the Lion King, Goddess Rhongomyniad, fired her version in Camelot the analysis was that nothing, no Noble Phantasm wielded by a hero registered in Chaldea could match it. The guy that stopped it then was Arash, who specifically has an NP with a concept to ''end'' things since all the way back in Fragments.
    The point I'm trying to make is that the same spear wielded by a Heroic Spirit and wielded by a goddess had a big difference in the resulting firepower. To top it off, Rhongomyniad ALSO has seals in it, but we don't know the conditions to fully utilize Laevateinn. And while Ea is called the oldest and strongest Noble Phantasm, its power also varies according to who is using it (Kid Gil to Gil for example).
    Laevateinn could be weaker than Ea, but its firepower at the hands of Surtr may be bigger than what Gil as a Heroic Spirit may display through his Ea.

also Ea's beam power isn't really the main feature like in other strong NPs, it's the whole "I show you primordial earth, you die" thing

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ea is explicitly stated to be stronger than Excalibur though, so it isn't exactly something to brush off either.

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Ea is explicitly stated to be stronger than Excalibur though, so it isn't exactly something to brush off either.
    wasn't that CM3? I don't think stuff like the chuuni seals or alien-busting power had been established at that point

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean in the end it's still one of the strongest beamus in Fate, so I don't really see its power as less relevant than any other effects.

Just for fun, Reines(Sima Yi) vs Waver (Zhuge Liang).

Assume that both have something they are willing to fight for real about.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Presia messe noce yor tes mea TwilightsCall's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If you're talking about a literal one on one fight, I can't imagine Reines losing.
    Reines > Waver
    Rider > Caster
    Trimmau > Glowly balls of light

Honestly, unless there's some Fate specific lore about Zhuge Liang and Sima Yi actually being magi, Reines having Trimmau kind of makes it a no-contest.

Now if they were competing as generals and had armies to work with, you'd probably have to look more at the actual abilities of the Heroic Spirits in question, who I have effectively zero knowledge about. If it was literally Reines vs Waver except they had super powers leading armies, I would probably expect Waver to pull ahead.
    My Fanfiction - Almost entirely short stories and oneshots

US Friend Code
    As far as the Heroic Spirits' abilities, Zhuge Liang has A+ Tactician's Command and Tactician's Advice, while Sima Yi has A, so in commanding armies Zhuge Liang is a touch better. But Sima Yi's Noble Phantasm seems more generally useful than Zhuge Liang's. Plus yeah in one on one combat Trimmau makes it easy.

https://chaldea.tmdict.com/servant/z...l-melloi-ii#en
    https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/..._fgo_material/

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
    If you're talking about a literal one on one fight, I can't imagine Reines losing.
    Reines > Waver
    Rider > Caster
    Trimmau > Glowly balls of light

Honestly, unless there's some Fate specific lore about Zhuge Liang and Sima Yi actually being magi, Reines having Trimmau kind of makes it a no-contest.

Now if they were competing as generals and had armies to work with, you'd probably have to look more at the actual abilities of the Heroic Spirits in question, who I have effectively zero knowledge about. If it was literally Reines vs Waver except they had super powers leading armies, I would probably expect Waver to pull ahead.

I meant in a 1v1 (although no,leave FGO's class advantage nonsense in the trash where it belongs) but you do raise a good point, neither of them are really combative Heroic Spirits.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

US Friend Code
    Also Sima Yi caused Zhuge's death in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, didn't he?

Even in a hypothetical where these two are summoned as themselves so Sima Yi doesn't have Trimmau, the combination of his NP and Servants being fated to relive their stories makes me think he'd beat Zhuge.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That would just mean one keeps one-uping the other until one of them fells ill.

Also makes me notice, why the heck doesn't Zhuge Liang has an Empty fort NP?

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Supposedly the only difference between Advice of the Strategist A and A+ is that A+ will work even if something completely unpredictable happens. But under normal conditions they're supposedly both 100% spot-on advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    (although no,leave FGO's class advantage nonsense in the trash where it belongs)
    arguably rider should have a stronger class container for actually fighting so it still applies

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Well yeah, he's a modern man and his life is well documented as they get. He's only 70 years older than Okita and a contemporary of D' Eon.
    Nonsense, everyone knows he was a Solar deity.
    don't quote me on this