Page 6294 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 529457946194624462846289629262936294629562966299630463446394 ... LastLast
Results 125,861 to 125,880 of 128223

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I Can't Believe It's Not A NoblePhantasm View Post
    Gawain: Boasts about his sword technique. Suzuka notes his overwhelming power, and mostly notes about his speed, composure, and reaction time.

Raikou: Suzuka actually says nothing about her skill, but focuses on Raikou's power. It's other characters that note that Raikou's ridiculously skilled. It's also not "some boost" Her strength would have gone from A to A+ given she's considered equal to Caligula in strength.

If there's a difference between Raikou's stats and Gawain's, it's that she's the much bigger power duelist through her strength and mana burst, and Gawain is speedier, but even then, he's only B-rank, and there'd only be only a rank's difference if we were to downplay the parameter boost to only one rank. And yes, I can contest EAM. It'd have us believe they're some transcendent duelists that no one is close to in their era, and now that's shaky, especially since Gawain actually does have a statement that he rivals Lancelot in skill (so yes, Extra and Zero outright contradict one another when it comes to statements, and both have Nasu's influence). Now it's an outlier.
    And again, you cannot apply the transitive property of mathematics to Servant fights. You can keep arguing with what's written on plain black letters on white font all you want, but don't expect anyone to take you seriously while you base your argument on a non-existent premise.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    The key phrase there is "in their era". Not every era is equal, and there's like a 99% chance the writers don't take into account fighters from a different land when they put this skill in. Not to mention heroes are all different- some fought giants, some fought dragons, some just fought people. A beat B and B beat C, therefore A is stronger than C doesn't work here.
    First part is the only true weakness in the argument. As for the latter, given her stat boost, the only possible thing Gawain has over Raikou is a rank in speed, and even that's questionable, so the rest would inevitably come down to skill. Other than this, nothing short of direct skill comparisons would be valid.

Also, arguing "well the author is wrong because I say so" is never going to turn out well for you.
    Actually, I'm arguing that there's a contradiction, which is undeniable, and feats aren't going for Lancelot's statements at this point. Nasu supervised Urobochi on Zero, but he also worked on Extra. Gawain's profile attributes him to being Lancelot's equal. The moon cell's library says he rivals Lancelot in skill. I'm not arguing "author is wrong" as pointing out that Nasu is arguing with Nasu.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Arondight's doping is just one rank. Like going from B to A. Numeral is 3x the stats. Like going from B to B+++.
    So was bellerophone supposedly. Also, I don't think the saving throw mechanic is properly defined. If it's applied to all threats and not just status effects, it could be significant.

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    - Character
    One of the Knights of the Round Table. The Knight of the Lake.
    With his signature weapon Arondight in hand, he is considered to be the strongest when it comes to individiual prowess.
    He had fallen to madness many times due to the matters surrounding Queen Guinevere, and accordingly is quite compatible with the Berserker class.

Depiction in FGO
    The type of Lancelot that is perhaps closest to how he was during his life. An ideal knight. To say that he is the strongest knight among the Round Table would be no sophistication.

And I don't think Arondight's stats doping is that much better than Numeral's boost. So I don't get where this "Lancelot isn't that skilled" is coming from.
    Aside from Extra's statements saying they're equal, we have this gem.

From Gawain's FGO Mats.
    Depiction in history
    In the legend of King Arthur, he makes an appearance as a Knight of the Round Table, one who is equal or superior to "Lancelot of the Lake".
    Again, contradiction.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Historical depiction =/= actual statements though. And considering Gawain couldn't beat down Lancelot with a better boost it's not a great argument for taking that at face value. Can't really use how they're shown in history to argue their actual capabilities.

post shimousa musashi VS Saber Shiki

also, how strong do you think that Musashi will be when she returns from the Root, compared to Avatar of Akasha Shiki?

祖 Ancestor
    The last time someone tried to force a possibility on Shiki, he went blind in one eye. Is Musashi ready to lose both of hers?

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    post shimousa musashi VS Saber Shiki

also, how strong do you think that Musashi will be when she returns from the Root, compared to Avatar of Akasha Shiki?
    Saber Shiki is a Servant, albeit still a second-rate one. Post Shimosa-Musashi is still a human, far as I remember. Even if she has ultimate swordswoman void zero hax, I don't fancy her chances all that much.

- - - Updated - - -

OTOH Musashi as a Servant probably stomps handily, so if I misremembered her status after Shimosa that answers that. Saber Shiki is a good swordswoman by modern era standards, but she's still at the level of a hobbyist when compared to people who actually lived and died by the sword, Mystic Eyes or no Mystic Eyes.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wait, I thought Saber Shiki was supposed to be 「Shiki Ryougi」 .

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    "She" is.

Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    Wait, I thought Saber Shiki was supposed to be 「Shiki Ryougi」 .
    The Assassin Shiki that shows up in Garden of Order is a human who happened to be caught up in a Singularity. The Saber Shiki that comes out of the
    gacha
    CHALDEAS summoning system
    is, by definition, in a Servant container.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Saber Shiki is a Servant, albeit still a second-rate one. Post Shimosa-Musashi is still a human, far as I remember. Even if she has ultimate swordswoman void zero hax, I don't fancy her chances all that much.
    Except for Yagyu, the Demonic Swordsmen were Servants, too, and she fought them basically on equal grounds; the only ability they had which she couldn't counter on her own was their immortality.
    Usually, I'd say Musashi has the better odds, but who knows how the Connection to the Root skill ("the mark of an almighty wish-machine") even works in this scenario?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I will defer to Senpai here and say that powerlevels are meaningless. Instead, Void-Neesan and Musashi should be compared by a far more important metric: kimono fashion.

Void slays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    the competition is between an actual kimono and some garish harajuku cosplay thot monstrosity - i.e. not a competition at all

- - - Updated - - -

almost as pointless a question as anything to do with powerlevels
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Yeah, Musashi should win the kimono battle by default.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Win the award for best clown suit maybe.

No thats olga

Blog Entries
    Has LB Zeus v tiamat been done before?

No but it will go down like any other

"we dont know"

LB Zeus VS Sefar attack Megazord Zeus

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Except for Yagyu, the Demonic Swordsmen were Servants, too, and she fought them basically on equal grounds; the only ability they had which she couldn't counter on her own was their immortality.
    Usually, I'd say Musashi has the better odds, but who knows how the Connection to the Root skill ("the mark of an almighty wish-machine") even works in this scenario?
    Musashi's Niten style is said to be ""the method to reach void'' so depends Nasu's waifu choice he can write some convoluted shit out of that.

LB5 Musashi can even go beyond zero by cutting the void itself so there's that.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I'm pretty confidente LB Zeus can smite the shit out of Tiamat without worry. Unless by some extended ultra high-quality bullshit a spaceship from another universe counts as a "living being" in order to keep Tiamom around.