Page 6316 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 53165816621662666306631163146315631663176318632163266366 ... LastLast
Results 126,301 to 126,320 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Unless DMC 4 or 5 added something else to his arsenal, his time-related abilities in DMC 1, 2 and 3 are more limited than that; he doesn't stop time completely, there's a huge cost in energy, he can't enter Devil Trigger with it, etc.
    See, this is yet another reason I think DMC is bad for versus debates as you have blatant gameplay/story segregation. In the one cutscene where Dante uses Quicksilver, he does completely freeze time so that he isn't crushed by falling debris - even just standing there and poking it quizzically before walking past it and resuming time. But of course that'd be too OP gameplay-wise so they just make time lag instead of freezing it. But then what are we supposed to go by for a versus debate since the two contradict each other?

Of course there are plenty of other annoying contradictions like Yamato being able "to cut through anything" only for several people both in story and gameplay block it. But I digress... *sigh*
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quite true. Perhaps we should use the DMC anime as a point of comparison? The problem is that Dante so completely overpowers every enemy in it that it's not that useful to evaluate his feats.

Overall, if we stick solely to physical feats, I'd argue higher-level Servants, like Herakles or Rin!Saber, should be able to match Dante and Vergil. The DMC games tend to be more over the top with those things (as an example, Dante throwing his sword down the Temen-ni-gru so fast it heats up from the air friction alone, and then easily catching up to it - all while defying gravity and running down the side of the tower, comes to mind), but it's not as if many Fate works after the original novel (such as Apocrypha and Strange/Fake) don't have examples of their own. What I think would give the Sparda brothers the edge is things like Devil Trigger, regeneration, and their weaponry.
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; September 24th, 2020 at 12:44 AM.

In other words its basically a servant vs a spooky phantasmal person.

Noble Phantasms vs Devil Trigger/demon abilities as their trump cards.

It's very Kouma vs servants.

Blog Entries
    I don’t think saber actually needs to excalliblast vergil actually. Wouldn’t the golden sword attack basically wipe him out right through his regen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

According to Deathbattle at the end of DMC 3 Dante slices clean through Vergil back to front, and by the time the slash cut through his backbone and came out the other side, his front had already reattached. And then he starts walking backwards instantly, so his backbone was also completely healed, although worse for wear

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    According to Deathbattle at the end of DMC 3 Dante slices clean through Vergil back to front, and by the time the slash cut through his backbone and came out the other side, his front had already reattached. And then he starts walking backwards instantly, so his backbone was also completely healed, although worse for wear
    And like that, you lost me.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    See, this is yet another reason I think DMC is bad for versus debates as you have blatant gameplay/story segregation. In the one cutscene where Dante uses Quicksilver, he does completely freeze time so that he isn't crushed by falling debris - even just standing there and poking it quizzically before walking past it and resuming time. But of course that'd be too OP gameplay-wise so they just make time lag instead of freezing it. But then what are we supposed to go by for a versus debate since the two contradict each other?

Of course there are plenty of other annoying contradictions like Yamato being able "to cut through anything" only for several people both in story and gameplay block it. But I digress... *sigh*
    Throughout hte fight all you can hear is 'swordtrickroyalswordgunslinroyalguard'

Blog Entries
    that’s what I meant. Like it’s true that his regen could stay ahead of normal attacks but it feels like one of the super slashes would drop his hp to zero before his healing could kick in
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

I think I want some of whatever they're smoking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    The biggest one for me is how DMC 1 all but outright states Dante hadn't seen Vergil since they were kids, which was then completely thrown out by DMC 3.

i feel like this match up is dumb. but i need to.

punisher vs kiritsugu.

- - - Updated - - -

and another one is
    ains(overlord) vs Solomon at his full strength.

and the wandering bard(a practicle guide to evil) vs elizbeth.
    Last edited by Serverntclassslave; September 24th, 2020 at 11:40 PM.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Kiritsugu has magic speed and a sniper rifle, Solomon's demons baked the entire earth's surface and the Bard doesn't seem hurtable or able to hurt others.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Kiritsugu has magic speed and a sniper rifle, [...]
    Punisher has the stronger Plot Armour, though.

yes but ains also has world ending spells himself

- - - Updated - - -

plus for the bard match up i was thinking more along the lines a match of pure annoyingness.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    The Supreme God
    Spoiler:
    Mubong Park
    from God of High School vs Saver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

umm pretty sure saver NP just one shots everything.

But considering what the Supreme God is, there might be an exception.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

yea, but im still 90% sure that savers np is all one shotting things but let me make sure.

- - - Updated - - -

well first supreme god is going to have to get past his traquility skill, and then past that charkvartin and should he somehow survive and endless onslaught of artillery's nps capable of destroying the moon cell, then he has to get past this

is the ultimate “anti-individual” Noble Phantasm used by Saver. It is his major Noble Phantasm initialized over the course of a battle by utilizing his minor Noble Phantasm, Chakravartin.[2]
    It is a kind of teaching to achieve final Moksha, where energies rivaling the law of man’s creation are made to converge on a single person and liberate him from suffering. All humans, according to the Indian idea of Brahman, are reincarnations of Brahma and all of humanity is the same individual. It is said that all of mankind will achieve buddhahood once the ideology is embraced because all humans ultimately transmigrate into the Buddha. It differs from normal ideologies of reincarnation and immortality, acting as the “Everyone Becomes Me wheel of reincarnation” that saves all sattva from suffering.[2]

As the length of human history increases, with its expanse becoming wider, the greater the damage of the attack, and the humanity of Earth has no way of withstanding the attack theoretically.[1] It deals damage that no living thing/human can withstand, but something not alive like Hakuno Kishinami has a small chance of withstanding it because they have yet to be afflicted by the suffering of life or the four noble truths (birth, disease, old age, death).[2] Those who achieve enlightenment through gaining strong convictions can overcome it. It is weaker against humans who are not quite human, and it cannot completely save individuals of a scale of existence greater than the domain of humanity.[1]

so supreme god probably wont win.

Yeah, but the Supreme God isn't quite human either, and he possessed very similar properties by virtue of being virtually the same God. Besides, the Supreme God operates on a universal scale and can dismantle various other Gods while barely lifting a finger.

yes but not the particular supreme god your talking about, see that would buddha supreme god who can do that.

Presia messe noce yor tes mea TwilightsCall's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Punisher has the stronger Plot Armour, though.
    Not familiar with the Punisher, but stronger plot armor than Avalon? That's pretty legit
    My Fanfiction - Almost entirely short stories and oneshots