Page 6322 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 53225822622262726312631763206321632263236324632763326372 ... LastLast
Results 126,421 to 126,440 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

祖 Ancestor
    Ody's just a slut. He opened his chest window for terribly villainous reasons and Charlotte probably shanked him through there.

I feel ranks work pretty well for direct power beams and such.

they also worked pretty well in F/Sn considering things like (even if they’re not exactly the same kind of SUTANDO) A+ Beller + probably like B rank Rho Aius + Pegasus power and Medusa beating out Excalibur.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Aegis wielded by Athena, an actual goddess with authorities/functions, is enough to tank Zeus' bolts. We don't know if Aegis wielded by Ody can do the same.
    Mashu specifically increased her shield's already bullshit defensive power by doping herself with Athena Klironomia, which as shown by Charlotte can give specific functions/powers.

Odysseus' defense wasn't even brought up much despite FGO liking to make enemies seem as threatening as possible, and they even had scenes where Chaldea's team sat down to discuss how to overcome each of the major trials in the Lostbelt. "We can't even hurt Ody" was never included among their impossible challenges as far as I know, unless the translation I found was incomplete.

Not saying it's not a formidable NP of course, just that it's a bit of a stretch to think of him as invulnerable unless you're Zeus level. Even if that was the case, he doesn't have the power to get through Karna's defense either.

EDIT

I checked the scene again. Mashu's shield virtually became Aegis by obtaining its Authority through Athena Klironomia. Again I don't know how much the translation leaves out but it does make it seem like the authority is related to the shield itself.

That said, considering it's an NP, Odysseus is probably going to have huge limitations in its usage. Might be the reason why he keeps leaving parts open in his animations.
    During the confrontation with Zeus it was also noted that Mashu couldn't hold on forever because she was still dependant on our limited mana, so as a servant Odysseus isn't going to perform as well as actual gods when wielding Aegis.
    Last edited by Kubera; October 10th, 2020 at 01:44 PM.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, to be fair, he only needs to tank VS once.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Nah, don't you know? Vasavi Shakti and Kavachi and Kundala are like a light switch, Karna can switch back and forth between them at will, LB4 said so buy Karnacoin today
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

祖 Ancestor
    Mash's noble phantasm is more limited than Odysseus'. She only imitates Aegis.

Aegis
    A defensive armament which was created by the Gods of Olympus. It has been at times referred to as a set of armor, or a shield. Originally a conceptualized defense used by the Gods, which is essentially an extremely formidable barrier. However, thanks to the affection Odysseus receives from Athena, it is able to be worn by him as a physical suit of “armor”. In other words, it is an invincible set of armor which carries the conceptualized defenses of the Gods.

A continuously invoked Noble Phantasm.
    Nothing here states his Aegis is any weaker than it normally would be, and it's a bounded field that's continually active. I doubt mana cost is an issue when he's walked around in it even before we set foot in Atlantis.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nothing there makes it capable of dealing with Brahmastra or VS beyond comparisons to a buffed Mashu. Still not seeing how Ody beats Karna, unless we're assuming Ody is a tincan getting wailed on.

Since it's a Bounded Field, how would Gae Dearg interact with it?

JP Friend Code
    Mash Demi-Servant (aka before part 2) vs Ortinax Mash (post Olympus).
    Master for both: Ritsuka.
    So, I was thinking for a bit and I feel like at this point Lostbelt Mash is quite stronger than one with Galahad's powers.
    I am interested to know what do you guys think.
    JP:
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Crimson View Post
    Since it's a Bounded Field, how would Gae Dearg interact with it?
    While it's a bounded field, it also embodies the conceptual defenses of the gods so it's unknown if it possesses some weird effect able to counter stuff like Gae Dearg's effect. Either way it might pass through the bounded field but still be blocked by the actual physical shield I think.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteNightSin View Post
    Mash Demi-Servant (aka before part 2) vs Ortinax Mash (post Olympus).
    Master for both: Ritsuka.
    So, I was thinking for a bit and I feel like at this point Lostbelt Mash is quite stronger than one with Galahad's powers.
    I am interested to know what do you guys think.
    iirc having 3 different types of Klironomia was enough for even Charlotte to be considered a dangerous opponent (altough for a short time as she was too instable) and to be able to hurt Super Orion.
    Even with only the Athena Klironomia, the difference in strength between Ortheanus Mashu and Galahad Mashu was a lot less than that between Charlotte and Orion to begin with, so I'd bet on the Lostbelt version.
    Altough even with the Aegis buff, Mold Camelot looks a bit less impressive than Lord Camelot to me.

Now I'm kinda curious of what a Galahad Mashu with the Olympus buff would be like.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    1v1 Alter Tier List? As in, which one would accrue the most wins against other Alters?

Includes:
    Saber Artoria Alter
    Archer EMIYA Alter
    Lancer Artoria Alter
    Caster Gilles de Rais
    Berserker Cu Chulainn Alter
    Berserker Lancelot
    Avenger Jeanne Alter
    Last edited by Zork Knight; October 28th, 2020 at 01:37 PM.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Gilles is d-e-d, ded, he could be excali'd, rhon'd, sniped or BP'd, La Grondement Incorrect Grammar'd, et cetera, even from in the middle of his summoned sea demon. Has no offence, has no defence, he's that neighbour's kid who talks tough and pushes over smaller kids, but when he gets in trouble yells for his bigger brother. Lowest tier, despite having an actual kaiju. Disappointment/5.

Lancelot is much the same, despite being an absolute terror hand to hand. He fights, and fights, and fights, and might just straight up overpower the rest of them mano a mano, but gets roasted the moment somebody pulls an NP. 1v1 Me Bro/10.

Jalter & Emiya are lower on the powerlevels, but could pull off surprise upsets, such as the highest number of late buffs, and letting DW know there's a huge market for waifus in their waifu game. Sony's money printer/10.

Berserker Cu is a powerhouse, but frankly, we haven't seen him without a wish granting machine powering everything he does. He'd rack up a bunch of wins, but he relies on his regen too much so he gets rekt by the real big boys, who just so happen to be girls.

Saber "There Are No Brakes On The Bang Train" Alter is an absolute monster, again, we haven't seen her without unlimited mana, but that only means she has to go have a sit down after she vaporises nine tenths of this list without much of a problem, purposely misses Jalter, then insults her and walks away, like any good englishman would when faced with a frenchie. Brexcalibur/10, take that, Europe.

Lancer "Somebody Wrote Me On A Friday Night Just Before They Were Going To Bed" Alter might be the strongest one here, but we have no way of knowing. Her counterpart is an actual goddess, but she refused, tired jojo meme goes here before it's taken out back and shot. There's nothing to her. Disqualified for having the worst written lines in FGO, tying with Tesla. Rewrite Me/10.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Anyone read mistborn? whats the strongest servant lord ruler could take?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Anyone read mistborn? whats the strongest servant lord ruler could take?

Been a long time since I read Mistborn, but IIRC the Lord Ruler was well beyond Servants. Didn't he loophole his way to pseudo-godhood?

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    He did, but as I recall it didn't last forever, and his actual hand to hand combat was less than impressive. I'd put him in Void tier at best.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Peanut-007's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    *Angry Saber Noises*
    US Friend Code
    Lancer Alter is also worse because while she has a horse Saber Alter got a motorcycle which is objectively cooler.

"We have entered an infinite recursion of Saber."

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    He did, but as I recall it didn't last forever, and his actual hand to hand combat was less than impressive. I'd put him in Void tier at best.
    Wasnt the only fight we got him mostly not caring while still curbstomping the opponents.

I think it really depends how much attributes he has stockpiled, pretty sure he could kill a good portion of servants if he wanted too just by outstatting them.

The main points for a more serious comparison between Saber Alter and Lancer Alter is that Lancer Alter loses Instinct in exchange for a Berserker Lancelot style stats go up during certain times skill, and that Lancer Alter has a stronger Mana Burst.

You'd think Saber would have more agility with not having giant tiddies getting in her way...

All in all however Saber probably beats up Lancer in proper melee combat by a bit. Stronger mana burst is one thing, but being able to dodge and handle the movements of the enemy much better than they can to you probably adds more.

For beam clashes the A++ mana stat vs A+ mana stat probably means Saber can push out more energy into Excalibur at once than Lancer into Rhongo so Saber wins.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Personal opinion: I know they have the same rank, but Excalibur seems more impressive than (sealed) Rhongomyniad to me.
    Lancer Alter had a poor showing in London, and while her regular Lancer version can be compared to Romulus, it's not like his spear has any noteworthy feat (to my knowledge) apart from its status as an A++ NP. Most of the cool Rhongo stuff we saw was when the Lion King was using it.

Meanwhile Excalibur has been hyped up as a top class NP since ever, consistently granted her the win when she could use it at full power except when against Gilgamesh (and wasn't there something about Excalibur still not being far behind Enuma Elish in mere power output?), and it's also comparable to Sigurd's Bolverk Gram which is so overpowered that even a living goddess acknowledged its power.

About the others:

- Cu Alter only surpasses his Lancer & Caster selves with a grail. That said if he's on par with them or at least close then he's still a powerhouse, especially with Gae Bolg, and with Curruid Coinchenn he might be the only one able to overpower Lancelot in close combat. Probably the one with the best chances after the Artoria(s)
    - Jeanne and Emiya are solid but their chances are low against anyone who isn't Gilles.
    - Gilles is too circumstantial. Needs way too much preparation and big reserves of mana for his giant monster so he'd have to be fighting in a populated area, can be blasted easily by the Artoria(s) and even in perfect conditions his horror is still too slow to harm his opponents so it'd be a standstill at best.
    - Lancelot wrecks everyone in close combat except maybe Cu, but he isn't superior enough to Artoria to compensate for his lack of good offensive NPs imho. Emiya might be able to outmaneveur him somehow like his regular version did to Heracles (even better because of Unlimited Lost Work being hax) or like he himself did to Jeanne Alter. Also Artoria had a better portrayal than her knights in recent stories (Extella).

So I guess it'd be like this:

1. Artoria (Either Saber or Lancer, but I'd give it to Saber; should beat everyone except maybe Cu if he Gae Bolgs succesfully)
    2. Cu (Probably about on par with Lancelot or superior, good chances against Artoria, destroys everyone else)
    3. Lancelot (About on par with Cu but has bad compatibility with Emiya and more weak points due to his madness, especially against Artoria)
    4. Emiya (Defeated Jeanne Alter in Shinjuku, pretty hax and smart so he has a good compatibility against Lancelot)
    5. Jeanne (Solid on paper but she never accomplished much, less chances than Emiya against stronger servants because she isn't as tricky)
    6. Gilles (Even with perfect conditions he still loses to Excalibur/Rhongo and can at best tie with the others).

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Now im wondering how a shardblade wielder would do against a servant