Page 6343 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 53435843624362936333633863416342634363446345634863536393 ... LastLast
Results 126,841 to 126,860 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    You *can* stop Ashwatthama - they do just that in the chapter. I'd assume Gáe Bolg should put him down for a time.
    The problem is that I don't think even the Grail-empowered Cú Alter can do anything to break the curse of immortality, so in the long run, I'd give Ashwatthama the win.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    They stop Ash with Vasavi Shakti, a literal god-killing weapon. He still gets back up.

Bersercu has nothing in his corner. I'd actually put better odds on regular Cu, even without a Grail as backup.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Doesn’t he also have like some special god abilities given to him in lb4. Regardless it’s very much the case that it’s not normal even beyond the point of just a free blank check like being hooked to a grail so it doesn’t seem super fair in a way.

I see then Cu Alter vs Ashwatthama both with Rin master.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    They stop Ash with Vasavi Shakti, a literal god-killing weapon. He still gets back up.

Bersercu has nothing in his corner. I'd actually put better odds on regular Cu, even without a Grail as backup.
    Why does regular Cu have better odds against him?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Regular Cu has an arguably better GB, but he's still out of luck vs both Ashs (LB4 and regular). A Rank Luck and A++ Agility should be fun.

Hm? Can't the Grail-empowered Cú Alter use the causality reversal curse at range? How is regular Cú's Gáe Bolg better?

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Hm? Can't the Grail-empowered Cú Alter use the causality reversal curse at range? How is regular Cú's Gáe Bolg better?
    It's just a super stronger nuke that also has a chance at a instant death the status effect.

It's not a curse, and it's not the overpowered 100% hp damage + spear damage definite kill that the stab is.

It's basically the anti-army throw but stronger with a little bonus.

Regular Cu has an arguably better GB, but he's still out of luck vs both Ashs (LB4 and regular). A Rank Luck and A++ Agility should be fun.

I mean I'd say that Lancer Cu can just fight Ash normally pretty well. Ash is cool, but Cu is still the super martial with a bunch of age of god magic runes to buff himself up, one of the fastest servants and a guy with a bunch of tricks. He can probably win handedly through a battle of attrition. Independent Action:EX is, well, I guess we need to wait for mats to get more details. But it doesn't stop Ashwatt from probably using a lot more magical energy to fight, and Cu can just disengage, heal up and whatnot as he wants.

Bleeding Ash out of magic energy and beating him is just one path.

Going to be a long drawn out fight, but hey one of them ignores crits I guess because he's mad, the other one has Batcon A.

I think we have info regarding his Independent Action EX, people told me that the throne refused to summon him in berserker class because Rudra Avatara + Madness Enhancement would grants him inexhaustible mana, that being said without Madness Enhancement Rudra Avatara provide Independent Action EX, he will never rant out of mana as long as he is angry (though from what i see he is angry all the time).

Also Ashwatthama is on the same level as Karna so i think in terms of pure martial arts they are probably on the same level.

why would the throne or whatever refuse to summon him.

Even if he has unlimited energy that puts him on the level of a servant hooked on a grail really, tbh. He has good performance but he doesn't really have a kit that can abuse it super hard tbh.

Not that he'd be the same thing as a Berserker I guess.

I do think Lancer Cu would win in the end, and it's not like Cu can't fight Karna either.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Independent Action EX is just based off another skill which says he won't stop until the enemy is defeated (since we do have Ash mats).

Either way, I don't buy too much into the hyper competent perfect disengage + rune using Cu all the time. Think Ash has a clear edge either way vs Lancer and Cu Alter.

True play to win cu is when you feel mean, or want to make it feel like Cu in unlimited codes. Even against a lot of other high tier servants he doesn’t need to go that far to be competitive

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Probably does tbh, but won't and be on the backfoot.

I think it's worth pointing out that unless his Master or circumstances force him to fight using hit-and-run tactics, that's not what Cú Chulainn really wants; he prefers direct engagements. Mind, with Battle Continuation and defensive runes (and Cú Alter, at least the Grail-empowered version, also has high-speed regeneration), he's still a cockroach, just not *as much* of one.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunhelier View Post
    Because remember, both Jalter and Culter aren't just Original + Better, they're OC ripoff Edgelords.

Culter is a Medb's imaginary boytoy, and not the guy who stood off an army alone. He isn't the same person, not in appearance, nor in strength, nor even in fashion.

Alter has the edge in quantity, but the original is a capital P Protagonist, he's got the quality.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunhelier View Post
    I see then Cu Alter vs Ashwatthama both with Rin master.

- - - Updated - - -

Cu Alter with a grail shanked and K.O'd Karna through Kavacha using GB.
    Cu Alter without a grail shanked and K.O'd Karna through Kavacha in his interlude, while poisoned, then went 1 vs 2 against Saber Alter/Heracles...and won.
    Karna also having in-born defensive bonus against sun-lineage divinities below his rank like Cu Alter.

These are the main scenarios where Cu Alter has proper battles, and he seems over the top.

Everyone's overpowered in their interludes in case you haven't noticed.

It's not like Karna's armor lets him facetank noble phantasm nukes in general anyway. He did have to make sure Balmung didn't damage him by using giant Mana Bursts and Brahmastras after all in Apocrypha.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Yeah, some interludes are kinda stupid, and Cu Alter's is an order of magnitude worse.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Zeus vs Amaterasu

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Everyone's overpowered in their interludes in case you haven't noticed.

It's not like Karna's armor lets him facetank noble phantasm nukes in general anyway. He did have to make sure Balmung didn't damage him by using giant Mana Bursts and Brahmastras after all in Apocrypha.
    I wouldn't say that's true. There are plenty of interludes where your star character loses or at least doesn't win: Ibaraki/Mashu vs Gilgamesh. Lancer Artoria vs Romulus. Gifted Tristan vs Artoria. Cu vs Scathach etc. Most of the time, Mash and Guda are operating as backup for the servant in interludes. With Mash, you can wall off almost any attack and have a chance to beat any servant.

Anyway, what I was getting at, is that these are the only sources (to my knowledge) to gauge Cu Alter's strength from since he's not used in stories or events. And his feats are all high-end ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Glazy View Post
    Zeus vs Amaterasu
    Both were compared to Sefar, so there is at least some basis to use for the battle.

First of all, Zeus beat Sefar when he was fused with the other 12 Gods and while the one we see in Olympus has their authorities, I don't think he is quite as strong as the combined mecha.

Amaterasu has more raw power compared to Sefar, but it seems she lost to the White Titan too.

For some reason, Nasu in his interview (or at least the version I've read) says that Zeus fought Sefar to a draw, while in-game it's said he defeated him without a scratch.

I'd say that, purely basing on the comparison with Sefar, Zeus should be around as strong or stronger than Amaterasu, if it went how it's said in the game, or he should be quite a bit weaker if it went how Nasu says in the interview.

Without considering Sefar we don't have a way to compare them, because we don't know anything about Amaterasu and Zeus' material is yet to come out.