Page 6357 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 53575857625763076347635263556356635763586359636263676407 ... LastLast
Results 127,121 to 127,140 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    The way Wodime talked about Surtr I always imagined he was actually far more dangerous than people give him credit for.

But hey, who knows.
    That's the thing, Surtr is straight-up the end of all the worlds in Norse myth. He's prophesised to do it, and he does it. No ifs, ands or buts- no last destined hero, he isn't the villain of the piece to be defeated, he burns them all out, and then maybe burns himself out, and the whole world gets a fresher, more hopeful start. There's one sword that's said to be capable of stopping his, and that was one that was probably-maybe retconned in later, but was lost as a result of greed or pride or something in its own wielder's myth. I wouldn't put him up against megazord Galactus Zeus or anything, but any earthly god, I'd give Surtr an advantage at the very least.

The original one, that is, not the stupid bullshit corrupted version we got in the LB. I stand by the assertion that the edgy versions of all the characters are inferior, Edgecules and Jalter included.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I'd say LB Surtr is less edgy, since he's a lovestruck boy.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubera View Post
    Wasn't Mordred stated to be below Gawain even at night? Someone Karna fought on par with in Fox Tail despite having a weaker master. I'd say Ash should come out on top even if with some difficulty.
    Out of curiosity, where was that stated?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    That's the thing, Surtr is straight-up the end of all the worlds in Norse myth. He's prophesised to do it, and he does it. No ifs, ands or buts- no last destined hero, he isn't the villain of the piece to be defeated, he burns them all out, and then maybe burns himself out, [...]
    *After* the great winter, humans turning on each other, and the Sun and Moon being swallowed, and a massive battle between two armies of the dead (plus a whole other bunch of critters).
    Don't misunderstand me, he's da bomb, but he's not the *only* bomb in Ragnarök.

Anyway, I think his portrayal worked mostly fine in LB 2; back then, my only criticism was Herakles showing up from out of nowhere (something which could have been fixed by giving Sitonai more presence in the story) to block his sword.
    That said, I've since come to agree with Mizukume and Pinetree: if the map had changed over time after his release, much like how it happened with Tiamat in Babylonia, it would have sold his threat level a whole lot better.
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; December 21st, 2021 at 09:32 PM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    I'd say LB Surtr is less edgy, since he's a lovestruck boy.
    Kind of, but not really. As the below says:

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    *After* the great winter, humans turning on each other, and the Sun and Moon being swallowed, and a massive battle between two armies of the dead (plus a whole other bunch of critters).
    Don't misunderstand me, he's da bomb, but he's not the *only* bomb in Ragnarök.
    There's a line of thought that goes that Surtr's a cleansing force, of a sort. The world reaches its twilight, all the gods and races are at war, all hating each other, Hel empties and the dead come back to wage the skeleton war, the moon gets eaten... Then the reset button is pushed, Surtr heads out, and burns all the worlds, after which a few gods and humans and so on crawl out of the ashes, and start anew, without the old hatreds and killing.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Out of curiosity, where was that stated?
    Tristan's interlude, Gawain says he only lost to Mordred because he was unlucky fighting her after Lancelot and that he'd normally have no problem winning even at night. While it might just be him boasting Mordred doesn't disagree, she only refutes his point about it being "bad luck" since he ended up like that due to his own stupidity.

Not exactly hard proof but I'd say it's pretty coherent with his good feats in Fox Tail.

Blog Entries
    Romulus vs Qin Shi Huang

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What can QSH do that Romulus can't deal with?

Colony drop?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, Romulus can deal with the first, second, or even third, but QSH has a whole space wall up there.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Yeah I'd give it to Ash, Mordred is just, Saber but with Battle Continuation is place of swordsmanship. And in battle of non-Berserker Berserkers, Ash should take it handily
    If you ask me he's probably gonna die if Mordred beams him. Their anti armies are both A+, but the Chakra is less a nuke and more of a weapaon that's good at attacking a lot of people. If you ask me its like using a boomerang in Dragon Quest.

Wasn't Mordred stated to be below Gawain even at night? Someone Karna fought on par with in Fox Tail despite having a weaker master. I'd say Ash should come out on top even if with some difficulty.

tbh there's also Gawain not having any skills that actually help him fight unlike Mordred, and they're all in the same general frame of actual power as servants as KoTR a-listers.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Colony drop?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, Romulus can deal with the first, second, or even third, but QSH has a whole space wall up there.
    QSH as a Servant doesn't exactly scream colony drops though? And it wasn't like he was doing that either in his fresh Grand level form after transferring from city mode.

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    QSH as a Servant doesn't exactly scream colony drops though? And it wasn't like he was doing that either in his fresh Grand level form after transferring from city mode.
    Gameplay/story segregation. We know he absolutely has the ability to do it, the question of why he didn't do it can be answered in any number of ways. Maybe he doesn't consider using the Wall as 'fighting Chaldea with his own two hands'. Maybe he wasn't sure he could hit everyone in Chaldea without ruining his nice palace in the process. Maybe he forgot about it. Maybe lots of things.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Gameplay/story segregation. We know he absolutely has the ability to do it, the question of why he didn't do it can be answered in any number of ways. Maybe he doesn't consider using the Wall as 'fighting Chaldea with his own two hands'. Maybe he wasn't sure he could hit everyone in Chaldea without ruining his nice palace in the process. Maybe he forgot about it. Maybe lots of things.
    Again, I'm not sure why we're discussing final boss QSH vs Servant QSH?

ill go for a crossover one

zenos (stormblood version) vs saber servants, how many can he defeat

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Tunguska Sanctuary progression;

Ibuki-Douji vs Divine Beast Ivan

She's a Servant now rather than a Divine Spirit back in Heian-kyo, but she's still plenty strong. Strong enough to hold Mammoth Ivan in place using the Orochis, like Gorgon restraining Tiamat. While she and Chaldea came out on top, there are limits to her Servant self so she could probably barely win in 1-on-1. Her Divine Spirit self would soundly curbstomp him.

祖 Ancestor
    Do we have any reason to believe Nu-Ivan has the same strength as the old one? Kind of a policy that fakes and duplicates are watered down from the original. Mystery explicitly works that way and that's probably important for Ivan's mammoth.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Point taken. To be more precise, it's AN602-Ivan, a Lost Weapon. It's more like an instinctual Phantasmal Beast rather than original Ivan with Koyanskaya's modification. Might make it closer to but not the same as Ivan himself.
    Last edited by OnesFleetingGlory; December 23rd, 2021 at 07:56 PM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    How many Fate characters do you think could take on Super Orion's final arrow and survive? No dodging allowed but they can try to respond with another attack.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Super Zeus at least.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Does Avalon's Don't Be There clause override the ultimate Grand hunter's Shoot The Thing Without Fail clause?
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP